[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malifaux General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 1415339981046.jpg (2 MB, 2500x3345) Image search: [Google]
1415339981046.jpg
2 MB, 2500x3345
i want to run a demo next week using proxies as the rules are pretty simple. there used to float around some archives with scans of the cards for characters. no longer working...anyone have them ? also Malifaux General.
>>
File: WYR20038.jpg (480 KB, 1446x1868) Image search: [Google]
WYR20038.jpg
480 KB, 1446x1868
books;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Coming this September, pic related

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG
>>
bless you sir. now... what is the difference between book 1 and the free rules ? are they the same stuff ?
>>
questions about mccabe:
are wranglers good?

does he work well with ten thunders (specifically yan lo based pieces)?

which upgrades should I give him?

how many guild dogs should I get?

should I team him up with other guild models (guardsman/blacksheep tags)?
I have yan lo and all of the ancestors, 3 ashigaru, 2 samurai and fuhatsu (which never sees daylight since samurai work better than him almost always)
>>
>>47714703
Fluff and cards present in the bigger rulebook
>>
File: mastersxfactions.jpg (648 KB, 1998x1590) Image search: [Google]
mastersxfactions.jpg
648 KB, 1998x1590
>>
>>47713169
Just to be sure, is the starter set actually a good buy? A mate and me are looking to get into the game and it seems like the simplest way to do so.

He's looking at some guild/ten thunders characters and I've already bought the metal som'er teeth box and I'm about to get the plastic one too, so the starter models will at best have half a chance at being used.

Looking at some reviews they say the missions in the book you get are good for learning the rules, but as OP says the rules on the whole are pretty simple. Would be nice to have something in writing though.

Also what do gremlin players think of the lucky emissary rules? I love the artwork and can't wait for the model to be released. The way it works differently for each leader is interesting too, but I don't really understand its place yet.
>>
>>47716105
Will someone update this with the Book 4 Masters?
>>
>>47716152
If he's going Guild, then the starter is a good place, since he'll get some use out of the Guild side, and all the models are mercenaries, so they can work for other factions. It also nets you 2 fate decks and tape measures, though the tape measures are a bit flimsy. The missions are really useful if you've never played a miniatures game before, but if you have, they're not that necessary to follow.
>>
>>47716682
I made it and I might update it with new masters once we'll know all of their names and whether or not they're dual-faction (I think they're not but still)
>>
>>47715277
>are wranglers good?
I assume you mean Wastrels. They're cheap minions with a decent gun, but their main use is more upgrade tossing and card cycling.
>>
>>47715277
>>47719746
>does he work well with ten thunders (specifically yan lo based pieces)?

Great with them. Makes Izamu insane, makes any minion better, makes Bros crazy.

>which upgrades should I give him?

I usually go Glowing Saber, Badge of Speed, and Promises.

>how many guild dogs should I get?

I usually run 3-4.

>should I team him up with other guild models (guardsman/blacksheep tags)?

I use Hounds, Austringers, or Wardens.
>>
File: porkchop express.jpg (973 KB, 2560x1528) Image search: [Google]
porkchop express.jpg
973 KB, 2560x1528
Hue. This text is inside one half of the old warpig mini.
>>
Trying to make Brewmaster work in 10T without using Gremlins because reasons, thoughts?
Brewmaster
Yin the Panagalian
Ama no Zako
Sensei Yu
Torakage
Oiran
Komainu x2
6 SS leftover

Yu and Brewmaster both put up Drinking Contest Auras, while Yu and the Oiran try to push/pull people into it.
Komainu attack WP and are generally decent minions.
Yin debuffs WP and is terrifying for Obey Paralysis, while Ama is a beater plus provides more terror and her own pseudo-Obey.
Ninja is for general scheme running, and can hand out poison potentially.
>>
>>47720764
Don't focus on Drinking Contest/poison and use Yin's - to WP and Yu's fast to let the Brewmaster do nothing but Binge people til their hand runs dry and swill when you need to take something down or want to prevent it from hitting back. After their hand is down to 1-2 cards max and one or two enemies have been swilled, bring in something big and mash whatever you want to a pulp.
>>
OP here. some quick questions, pls halp. If i were to print i should print the free rules, right ? there is no loss of info compared to Book 1, right ? (rules wise i mean). I need to make 2 small crews for a demo on Wednesday at the local shop were i work... can you pls help me build 2 easy ones so i can print the cards from the book ?
>>
>>47722441
Rules should be the same.

What factions did you have in mind? What models do you have?
>>
Guild autopsies or crooked man?
>>
i have zero models so far. i have some friends interested in the game but nobody want to commit first. So my plans was to invite them to a demo using proxies from other wargames and see if they like it. And then we can order models. I was thinking guild vs Neverborn. Something small and quick. Im reading the rules a second time now so i can be ready.
>>
>>47722688
Autopsies
Sh 5 with built in infect on a 4 stone model.
Plus a pseudo regen
>>
File: CIMG1299.jpg (253 KB, 800x542) Image search: [Google]
CIMG1299.jpg
253 KB, 800x542
>>47720342

Old Malifaux models had a lot of weird and silly things going on with their sculpts.
>>
>>47720764
Misdirection should be stapled to Brewy's card. Gremlin Brew can use Trixie to always go first, but without her you need Misdirection. You can send attacks to other models and force your opponent to discard cards. Once they've lost some cards, it's way easier to force through Binge/Obey.

10T Brewie is a beastly Obey master with Binge discarding masks. Take good models and let him just obey them around. Malifaux Child is a great totem.
>>
>>47722441
The rules manual and book 1 are identical when it comes to the main rules.

For easy demo crews, Lady J vs Seamus are easy enough. Just have their crew boxes and you should be good. Easy to pick up and very thematic.
>>
>>47722688
Autopsies have decent shooting, poison spreading, and can self heal. Crooked Men can do crazy damage around scheme markers and can paralyze. I'd take Crooked Men and give your master Spare Parts so you can summon Autopsies. Best of both worlds!
>>
>>47722954
That's pretty logical from both a sculpting and assembly point of view though.
>>
what should I invest in: trapper or takanaka sniper?
>>
How do I go about running a Mei Feng Arcanist crew?
>>
>>47724848
Snipers are pretty bullshit, go with them.
>>
>>47724848
Last time I faced TT I've killed their master in LoS of katanaka, that wasn't the brightest idea.
>>
>>47719584
Reva
Zapp
Titania
Sanders Desai
Parker Barrows
Nellie Cochran
Irrelevant oni master
>>
>>47722954
lel, I can just imagine the modeller spending ages sculpting a nice ass then remembering they needed to hide it under the cape.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.