[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fa/tg/uy parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 16
File: 994_cats.jpg (34 KB, 302x260) Image search: [Google]
994_cats.jpg
34 KB, 302x260
Alright you lot, at least some of you fa/tg/uys have gotten a girl pregant, so how do you work your hobby are having kids?
>>
>>47711568
*around having kids, d'oh
>>
>>47711568
My daughter sometimes sits in on my weekly game and we keep it in the tavern for that time, she has a character that sits in the tavern and orders food. Then when she goes to bed, we adventure and get drunk.
>>
>>47711637
Sounds like a sweet deal.

I'm trying to wean my kid into the hobby. I've started going through some Fighting Fantasy books before bed, although I just describe the fights rather than role dice, that way victory is a sure thing
>>
>>47711568
It can be tough at times. I don't have children yet, but my wife and I are in that late 20's/early 30's group where everyone is making gamer spawn and we're starting to think its time too.

The best I've seen is where both parents come to game and they play pass the baby. Everyone in our group is fine with it, the chitlins are generally passive and don't make too much fuss, and the older ones are fine playing by themselves or just watching what we're doing. At the longest, we do a six hour session once a week, which only accounts for 3.5% of a weeks time for our friends to socialize without fear of what their young ones might be doing.

One of our gamers has a wife who used to game with us, but now she became a fat slob who tries to always pull attention towards her. Pregnancy really changed her from a good friend to a she-fiend. She doesn't really treat her child too well and a few of us have told them about it. I'm starting to think they will end in divorce and she'll use the child as a weapon (figuratively) against him.

He's a good father. Just poor choice in women.
>>
>>47711568
>at least some of you fa/tg/uys have gotten a girl pregant

Objectively wrong.
>>
>>47712152
That sucks. Does she come to the game sessions but won't take part?
>>
File: 2.jpg (103 KB, 657x977) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
103 KB, 657x977
>>47711568
First 2 years after the baby was born I had to quit gaming as there was too much stuff to do setting up our new house and other things.

After that things settled down and I game 1 day a week. You either get a baby sitter that you can trust so that you can both go out, or simply have a schedule where you have 1 personal day and your wife has 1 personal day.

But I also had one friend who kept gaming throughout his wife's pregnancy and after. We played at his house, and he would sometimes take care of the baby while playing if his wife wasn't doing it. A bit awkward, but it can be done if the whole group is cool with it.

My kids aren't old enough to game yet, but they like fooling around with the minis, cards and dice.

In general having kids definitely reduces your spare time massively. If you have hobbies on top of RPGs, you'll have to decide which one to keep.

So think carefully before tapping that...card.
>>
>>47712167
>Tales of the Bard Dad
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/21572801
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/21595624
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/21647922
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/40865904

I've seen /tg/ managed to get someone laid, and even once convince a guy to turn his life around and get married. fa/tg/uys with kids are out there, if you look hard enough.
>>
>>47711568
Got a video for you on this, OP. It's about wargaming, not tabletop in general, but I'm pretty sure that the advice transfers from one to the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tPIg89RRrE&list=PLliZQodsai-idPI6sAGOdIGDEwQbFctzn&index=15
>>
>>47712534
>>47712595
Excellent, cheers fellas
>>
It depends on your group, honestly. My friends were pretty chill about playing at my place, knowing I couldn't leave my kids.
>>
Marriage and children are absolutely terrible for gaming. I see no reason to ever reproduce, which is why I unloaded the rifle at age. 21. Took a bit to find a doctor willing to do it but it was absolutely worth it.

Gamers who have children and expect to remain in your group are absolute cancer. Ray are immediately the weak link and are often dropped because they prioritize their shitspawn and think we are going to be sympathetic when they skip every other session if not three fourths of them because they have to watch "the little guy".

No one gives a fuck about your kid or shitty life choices. We judge you only on your ability to make it to our game. Boss being a pain in the ass? We can play TI instead a couple nights. Had a kid? Fuck you, you chose a new hobby, it's time for you to leave.
>>
>>47712811
>How to End Up Bitter & Lonely 101
>>
>>47712835

Jokes on you, nigger. I'm 25 and neither bitter nor lonely. Unlike you weaklings I don't need a girlfriend to be happy. Especially given most of them are vile succubi who want to tie you down with kids so they can divorce you and take your kids and money. If that ever happened to me there would be a murder suicide. I have no respect for cunts.

In the meantime I live on my own, make just enough money to be happy but not enough to be attractive to the gold digging single mothers that dominate the dating market in my area.

Might have a gf one day if she doesn't want kids but most of those cunts are crazy. And I'm not waiting. I get all the gaming I want, as much as I want. Not having to stay home and wipe shit off of a bawling spawn who will probably grow up into a worthless bum or whore anyway.

Fuck kids. Long live freedom and gaming.
>>
>>47712978
Is... little plastic figurines your life?
>>
>>47712992

So what if it is? At least my hobby involves enjoyment and recreation. Can you say the same about carting a little shitspawn with you everywhere you go? You can't let it out of your sight or it might get into an accident and die. What a *shame* that would be......
>>
>>47712978
>>47712811
>>47713052
He's content with his life and happy with it. While I personally would want a gf, it's nice to see others who can go their own way. Do what makes you happy, man. Godspeed.
>>
>>47713052
You okay, pal? You're overly defensive.
>>
File: So much salt.jpg (25 KB, 460x230) Image search: [Google]
So much salt.jpg
25 KB, 460x230
>>47712978
>neither bitter nor lonely
>And then rest of the post happens
>And then another one
>>
>>47712992
>>47713094
>>47713181

Don't fucking engage this guy he shows up in every thread involving children and he throws this same shit around.
>>
>>47712978
>I'm 25 and neither bitter nor lonely.

You missed the "end up" part.

Anyway, decent job trolling, C+ for effort.
>>
>>47711568
In my oldest group we are knowing each other for well over 13 years now. At this point, two of out five members are parents and it didn't affect our playing in any considerable way.
When we were teens, our GM had a newborn brother, so we pretty much started playing with a toddler around to look after and make breaks because of it.
We were always taking turns with hosting, so it wasn't a big deal when we had to play at Daria's or Tom's place because they couldn't leave their children.

The only real difference this made for anyone was cutting down on swearing while playing, but that's all.
>>
>>47711637
D'aww. How old is she?

>>47712978
>I'm neither bitter nor lonely, now excuse me while I behave in a manner which typifies "bitter" and "lonely"
>>
>>47711637

> posting on to
> unironically having a daughter

I hope she dies of cancer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6L6pcUIOHDM
>>
>>47712978
>I'm not BITTER or LONELY you nigger, I don't need a girlfriend to be happy like you WEAKLINGS, I do not associate with VILE SUCCUBI who TIE YOU DOWN and divorce you to take your KIDS AND MONEY. I live on my own and earn enough to be happy but not to attract those GOLD-DIGGING single mothers who DOMINATE the dating market in my area. I have no respect for CUNTS

>I get all the gaming I want, as much as I want. I don't have to stay home to WIPE SHIT off a BAWLING SPAWN who will probably grow up into a WORTHLESS bump or WHORE. FUCK KIDS. L-long live f-freedom and gaming ;_;
>>
>>47713382

Im 25 and fine, the law of linear regression says I'm gonna be a happy man til I die.
>>
>>47715834

What is the point of this post? You trying to imitate me breaking down and crying?

Whine harder, I get more gaming than your ever will, work less, and have more money because I don't spend a half million bringing up a shitspawn to be a face in the crowd like everyone else.
>>
>>47715520
>I will never reproduce and be alone, ugly and bitter 4ever, how dare anyone else have a life that is even marginally joyous.
>>
>>47716115
You're the one who gets incredibly worked up and defensive about how happy you are while talking to strangers in the internet

This thread was just asking for people who actually had children and you came screaming about the vile succubi and bawling shit-stained spawns who'd grow up to be worthless bumps and whores and how much better off you were for not having children. You also apparently do this in every one of these threads you find, so I have a really hard time believing you're not bitter
>>
>>47711568
Fake death and flee to Europe (or America if originally from Europe).

The cost of buying a new life with a fake identity will be less than the cost of the inevitable divorce, and emotional pain of watching her lie about you in court so she can take the kid and raise it wrong without your interference.
>>
>>47712978

Yeah but all your gamer friends are going to end up getting married and having kids dumbass so you're fucked either way.
>>
>>47716225

> alone

Sure

> ugly, bitter

You're projecting

also

> implying my life isn't enjoyable

Child fags are so closed minded they can't imagine anyone finding happiness with out a shitspawn leeching off of them.
>>
>>47716319

No. Two are already clipped and the others never go out anyway so they won't meet women. Might lose a few, but far less than you will. You will lose your fun times gaming for the sake of a bawling shitspawn. Hopefully at the age of 40 you'll kil yourself and leave your shitspawn fatherless like it deserves.
>>
We all read your little tantrum already, can you get out now?
>>
>>47715520
"unironically having a daughter" so ironically having a child is fine? shut up retard
>>
>>47716517
>I can't imagine people liking what I don't like
>I can't imagine people having normal, healthy reaction toward close kin
Here, FTFY

Now leave. Seriously, you are tiresome. It's like you have this happy and non-bitter life only to shitpost in threads like this. Every. Single. Fucking. Time.
No bitter, right?
>>
My girly-girl likes playing as basically Kenpachi in all but name

>"Can I fight him?"
No we have to-
>"Mwahaha! I attack with my axe!"

I call her Diva the destroyer sometimes

My tomboy likes playing the healer and being whatever equivalent of a princess there is

My son likes playing with the dice, at least he's old enough to not try eating them
>>
File: fastshow.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
fastshow.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>mfw me and wife are expecting first
>mfw it's a boy
>mfw when we did that in utero thing as a laugh to quieten him down one night
>mfw it works all the time
>mfw I can't wait for him to listen to Motorhead for the first time
>>
Gaaaaaaahd this thread is making me want kids so bad.

I'm fine being an auntie in the meantime, but still.

>>47716545
You're someone's shitspawn, too, anon
>>
>>47716517
Fun Anthropology time!
There are two primary reproductive strategies in use by most species: Proliferation Breeding and Reluctance Breeding.

Proliferation Breeders have children as often as possible, and as many as possible. It's sort of like the spray and pray method to making sure your genes are passed on. These are also the type of people who encourage others to reproduce, as proliferation breeders are most successful when there are a lot of other potential targets for predators and potential mates for their children.

Reluctance breeders, on the other hand, are geared towards having the higher quality (from a natural selection standpoint) offspring. They do this by avoiding breeding until they run into a mate that is too fast, clever or aggressive to get away from. By playing hard-to-get and then getting raped, they avoid weak, slow or less aggressive mates and ensure their offspring will inherit the superior traits of the rapist. Looking at it, this is probably why some women have rape fetishes, their genes are geared toward avoiding sex as long as possible and then submitting to an aggressor.

Now, in civilization, the selection pressures behind these genes are suppressed, but the genes still express themselves behaviourally. In other words, Anon just needs to get raped before they'll feel comfortable having children.
>>
Love those kittens
>>
Players with kids are the worst kind of scum. They can never make time for gaming because they have to take their little cuckling spawn to a birthday party or a boy scouts meeting or ballet classes or whatever. There's always some kind of excuse.

If you have kids just GTFO of the hobby you breeder scum. Your life is over now. The bitch has won. You might as well just go full cuck with your balding head, glasses, pot belly, etc and answer everything your wife says with "yes dear, whatever you say dear".

Players with children need to be fucking gassed like kikes.
>>
>>47718218
k
>>
>>47717367
>Anon just needs to get laid before they'll feel comfortable having children
fixed
>>
File: 1412573107074.gif (950 KB, 490x272) Image search: [Google]
1412573107074.gif
950 KB, 490x272
>Be born sterile do to a rare birth defect
>Set my hormones all off kilter as well
>Am pretty much a robot when it comes to romantically engaging with opposite sex
>No hormonal drive for women or anyone actually
>Had to be the confidant throughout school
>Everyone has so much drama regarding relationships
>Realize from a strictly emotional point of view that is for harm than any possible good
>Remove myself from dating entirely, show no interest.

I do not understand. Love is straight up, "The only winning move is not to play."
>>
>>47716517
Man, it's like I don't even half to try to make you look ugly and bitter.

Thank you for being lolcow supreme.
>>
File: 1438564983303.jpg (30 KB, 515x650) Image search: [Google]
1438564983303.jpg
30 KB, 515x650
>>47711568
I'm 23, somehow I have a son, who is five next month
Continuing adventuring during the first 2 years or so was reasonably difficult (not impossible), but that extended to all hobbies, not just tabletop.
These days, I've even stepped up to DMing. When he's old enough, I'll let my son join in. He already likes stories, so why not.
But I swear to god, if that little shit rolls a Kender or a fucking dragonborn, I'm ditching him in a swamp
>>
>>47718674
I wish you were my da.
>>
File: 23685795314566.jpg (43 KB, 850x434) Image search: [Google]
23685795314566.jpg
43 KB, 850x434
>>47716517
>>
I met my girlfriend around 10 years ago in our highschool's D&D club. We had a kid 4-and-a-half years ago.

Honestly, just about the entire time since he's been born, he hasn't gotten in the way of our gaming. When he was an itty babu he was a very quiet and well-behaved baby, so we could just hold onto him during game.

The biggest obstacle we ran into wasn't even directly because of him, while he was a few months old, we had to move from Wisconsin to Tennessee in order to find a home with an affordable rent.

After the move, we had to switch to Roll20 and/or Skype gaming since no one down here seems to play. When our son got old enough to walk around and grow a personality, we can just click the mute button on Skype if he starts to get loud. And if we need to to something, like if our boy gets in trouble or need to take something he snuck off a 10-foot-high shelf, one of us just needs to go after him while the other one stays on the call in order to cover for the other so we don't end up holding the group up.
>>
>>47711568
>Daughter was quiet as a mouse
>Blubbered every few hours as a feeding alert
>Cried maybe once a day
>Could take her to game sessions as she'd just quietly babble and look at the colourful room and minis

So far I haven't had to change much of anything. This child rearing thing isn't so bad. I could take her to work 75% of the time, take her along to games and events at the FLGS, pop out to the park just over the road and hand her off to the wifey if it was going to be a long session.

Now that she's 4, I've been exposing her to nerd shit more and more. She plays pretend with minis and old action figures, dresses up in old costumes to go on quests and crusades. It's pretty cute. I think I might have been blessed with just a really easy to care for kid.
>>
>>47718589
Yep. You either get lucky and find a genuine partner or spend your life dealing with other people's shit, even more unfulfilled than before.
>>
>>47718589
Have you tried the same sex?
>>
>>47719785
He said he was a virgin

*badum tuss*
>>
>>47712147
Don't force your kid into your hobby. Just leave shit lying around, if he's interested, fine, if he prefers running around, well. That's fine too.
>>
>>47716090
clearly you don't understand how a person changes over their lifetime, who you are at 25 is not who you are at 50
>>
>>47718218
And to the left, a man-child who will never know joy, and thinks that fun is a made up concept
>>
I gave up my hobbies after starting my first job.
I love nothing more than a good night sleep and that would interfere with it.
>>
>>47718708
I'll be your daddy, Anon~~
Jokes, fuck i hate parent-fetishism, even before I became a father
>>
>>47712978
Honestly, this is probably bait, and you're trying to give people who don't want children a bad name.
>>
>>47718218
who hurt you?
>>
I'm not into the opposite sex. Outside of sperm donation, not having kids, ever. Enjoy dealing with your mewling spawn, breeders.
>>
Our GM has two children. The girl is older by two years. Always quiet, no fussing, no problems, barely affected our games and now when we play, she usually (calmly) sits around on her own and listens to the game. Since we were always heavy on the role-play side, we barely had to adjust our games due to kid presence.
On the other hand, there is the second kid, the boy. Constantly fussing, regularly crying, often ill and requiring care, but the worst part is when he's in hiperactive mode and starts running around or playing tricks to get attention of all the "uncles and aunties".

>>47721296
>I'm better than you, because Idiotic Made-Up Superiority
Gee anon, you must be a really healthy and well-adjusted citizen if things like that makes you feel better than the crowd around you
>>
>>47711568
Having a kid isn't a problem at all. I have a 6 year old boy. He just chills if we are playing and then goes off and does his own thing. Children are more independent than most people realize.
My problem is work, makes it so I can't game. Much more problematic than having a child.
Only problem with him that I have is he's a huge freaking sonic fan. Fucking grandma's version of babysitting is sitting him in front of a tv.
>>
>>47715520
Fuck off you miserable cunt
>>
File: 39-dads-hobby-combined.jpg (226 KB, 500x913) Image search: [Google]
39-dads-hobby-combined.jpg
226 KB, 500x913
>>47711568
Pics related are pretty accurate.
Both my kids, especially the oldest love x-wing, so we play that together mostly, Friday night tradition before pizza and watching Star Wars Rebels, 40k is still a ways off i think.
I got their mom to play mtg, first by just making the world's most basic green deck using 5th edition cards.
>lol, omg i can't believe I'm doing this you're such a nerd. Don't tell anyone
A month later has convinced her sister to play it with her husband.
Years later got her to try 40k with space hulk models i started assembling. Show her nids...
>omg, this is so dorky anon.
Tell her about this one carnifex who has one eye and is resilient as fuck, make comparison to her insanely loyal German Shepherd (who also has one eye) she has had for 14 years (4 years longer than we've been married). Tell her 'Ol One-Eye would have no problem chewing up my blood angels.
>gibs me dat!
Started my sons with normie stuff first though, uno, trouble, sequence, set, avengers monopoly (which i actually highly recommend, very basic character effects, easy rules, hasn't taken longer than 10 minutes to complete a game oldest is always Cap and youngest is always Hulk), etc.
As for the hobby side, my oldest is outstanding at clipping sprues and enjoys identifying mks of armor that go together. He also really likes mixxing paints and loves telling me about primary and secondary colors and the inverse of those colors. I try not to devote to much attention to other stuff while they're up. I'm lucky that they're actually pretty cool people to hang out with.
>>
File: svin-g.jpg (100 KB, 400x1003) Image search: [Google]
svin-g.jpg
100 KB, 400x1003
>>47721911
>>
File: 00001066.png (184 KB, 775x943) Image search: [Google]
00001066.png
184 KB, 775x943
>>47721916
>>
>>47712353
This guy has got it going on. Spot on solutions. I have kids, and we'd do as this guy has and take a night. IF we gamed round someone's house who has kids, they either join in (which has happened with older kids), or you game after they go to bed. Play light weight easy to pick up games, nothing too FATAL.

>>47712811
It's about having kids, not acting like one son. Go suck a lolly pop and calm down.

>>47721439
work is cancer. don't get a job. Herp derp. No wait. I'm sounding like vasectomy faggot up thread! My bad.
>>
I ain't got no kids, but my dad is the reason I've got an obsession with tiny plastic soldiers.
>>
>>47715520
>projecting inferiority complex this hard >unironically
cringe
>>
>>47712811

Wew lad, don't cut yourself on that edge.
>>
>>47721439
>Sonic

Beat up his grandmother and smash the TV

You might still be able to save him
>>
>>47711568
>Ctrl + F
>"coat"
0 matches

/tg/ is nice people
>>
>>47718218
> people are like this
> they think they're superior to people who aren't like this

Oh, /tg/.
>>
>>47712534
That's awesome. Does Bard Dad still post here? I want to know how Kat's doing.
>>
Having kids/a family takes up tons of your free time and limits how much of your life you can joyfully waste on your favorite hobbies, but my kids are nerds of their own accord and are now obsessed with RPGs at 13ish.

It's a good way to get forced into GMing, if you've never done so before.
>>
>>47723249
It's way too late. Now I have to listen to fucking urkle's tude. So far the best method to stop that is sonic games. Life sucks man.
>>
>>47721939
>work is cancer herp derp
Wasn't saying don't get a job dumbass. Just saying my particular line of work makes it harder on game night than having a kid.
Working nights and/or weekends for a paycheck is fucking rough.
>>
File: 1317539699139.jpg (112 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1317539699139.jpg
112 KB, 500x667
Whilst I occasionally get the twinge of biology going YOU SHOULD HAVE SPAWNED ALREADY, being stuck as pretty much disabled to the point of not being able to completely look after myself (and not through being fat either, annoyingly unfixable illness stuff instead) has removed the possibility of having my own kids unless I can get some speed-grown, genetically fixed (I somehow got the worst of both parental lines in many ways) clones going on later.

However I've hit my 30s and apparently that means in the past few years about 50% of my gaming group (age range of mid 20s to mid 40s) have generated children. Even if they already had 3 and still managed to work in a regular gaming life somehow in one case (I really have no idea how that guy manages it). Everyone else having fresh kids though really cuts down on opportunities for gaming or even just regular socialisation for someone who isn't joining in with that particular trend. So I don't even get to be the cool/weird uncle.

I guess I am bitter by reason of exclusion.
/blog
>>
>>47711568
too much of a introvert to freely talk with people im not familiar with, so i guess kids are not a problem of my, but i do babisit my step brother and sisters (almost 20 years of diference), when i have to do it at a game i either keep them distracted (get them something to draw, make up a game that i can divert part of my attention to, put a audiobook on, on their headphones) you know, that kind of stuff. It's not that hard, and the children usualy love the story aspect, you just have to make shure they know that the more they interupt, the less the story gouse forward
>>
One of my best friends is having a kid soon. Even already, it's cutting into time with the rest of us, but hey, that's growing up and life. Happy for him. I'd like to have a kid or two of my own at some point soon. Once the other half of the equation happens.
>>
>>47718589
Yes, if you are afraid of non-comfortable situations, the winning move is to not play. Then again, nothing great has come from comfiness, just tedium.
>>
>>47716090
Humans aren't graphs you dumb nigger. For all you know you could develop ass cancer tomorrow and have to pawn all of your shit games and your house to pay for the chemo.
>>
>>47716545
I hope you get death grips from how much you jerk yourself off over your self-declared superiority.
>>
>>47724538
Dude.

What are you doing? Seriously. Happy thread about kids and games, and what are you doing?
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (32 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
32 KB, 550x550
>>47718218
>I literally cannot grasp how someone can value something besides myself and plastic army men.
>I'll call the person who actually has sex a cuck
>>
File: SLWIDL.jpg (110 KB, 350x377) Image search: [Google]
SLWIDL.jpg
110 KB, 350x377
>>47721296
>>
>>47724592
Getting unreasonably angry at trolls, probably, but I can't stand the sort of person who shits on children and parents.
>>
>>47720071
Good wageslave
>>
I'm a young single dad, I don't really have time for any hobbies that she can't also be into. She's getting a little older now though where she's becoming interested in tabletop type stuff, and has seemed quite interested in the few 40k figures I have left over.

A couple times I've taken her to the gaming club on campus, but I'm not sure it's an appropriate environment for her at her age.
>>
File: Purge.jpg (182 KB, 836x955) Image search: [Google]
Purge.jpg
182 KB, 836x955
>tfw when you agree with the angry sperglord

I can't disagree with the guy about not having kids, but that doesn't mean he isn't being a total faggot.

I could never have kids because I have only tolerated life up until this point, and I would barely be able to provide a fraction of the resources to my children that were provided to me by my parents.

Also, the future is going to look like "The Road" and you not only do you want kids around to experience it, you want YOUR kids to.

>This makes me the crazy one.
>>
>>47725340

Accidentally a word or two
>>
File: 1464790595717.png (61 KB, 261x212) Image search: [Google]
1464790595717.png
61 KB, 261x212
>>47724596
You don't need to get married and have kids in order to get laid holy fuck!

I know we're on /tg/ and you neckbeards probably try to put a ring on the first female that so much as glances in your direction but plenty of people have very active sex lives without getting hitched and saddled with a bunch of fucking rugrats.
>>
>>47726717
When he said "value something besides myself" he probably meant his kids, not his partner
>>
>>47726717
>I'm in my mid-20s: The Post
No, really.
>>
>>47712147
You can't wean someone into something, you wean them off of something.
>>
>>47718218

>cuckling

i lol'd
>>
>>47726974
I did, but Mr. I'm-So-Much-More-Mature-Than-You upthread apparently thinks that people can only think about sex.
>>
>>47726717
In case you didn't notice, Chad, the person I was responding too actively hates sex because its time not spend sperging over army men.
>>
ITT: lots of involuntary virgins and ken going their own way sperg lords.

Sad as fuck and honestly why the hobby has such a shit reputation. I understand that there are plenty of neckbeards on tg that are MRA NEETs with their autismbux but there are actually some gamers who actually manage normie life and their hobbies. You might not be able to do 12 hour marathons all the time anymore once you turn on normie mode but most marathon sessions suck balls anyway.
>>
>>47727736
Dunno, for me marathons just happens all by themselves. We all meet, the game is supposed to take 3-4 hours, we end up after 8-9, it's 2 AM and everyone stays for night anyway, with quick scrambled eggs in the morning as the only food that can feed 6 people.
I swear this is inevetable each time. No matter how hard we try, it always goes the same way - the game prolonges, before anyone realises what hour it is it's already too late to go home and we end up with unplanned sleep-over.
Or, which is usually worse, unplanned party in the city centre if we weren't playing at anyone's home.

The best part is how we always managed to handle this as teens with no problem, mostly because there was always mom waiting for each of us if we would be 5 minutes late, so we literally dropped the game mid-sentence just to make it on time.
>>
>>47727736
This hate for normies and NEETs is retarded. If you or anyone else judge how other people should live their life, you're the scumbag and jackass of the lot. Someone might like the fact that they live alone and don't have that kind of responsibility more money and time for fun which in turn makes them happy. Others might like the fact that they have kids and a wife and acknowledge the possibility of not having as much time for their hobby, which makes them happy, There ARE NO arguments to be had here. It's subjective. The only people that give any activity a bad reputation are the ones without manners and self-respect, the people who don't shower, stink or generally give eveyone a bad time. NOT the NEETS or normies. So please, fuck off, all of you who think that way.
>>
>>47729194
I'd consider a NEET who showered, didn't smell and was happy with his life a normie. They're pretty rare.
>>
>>47729234
Never thought of that.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.