[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Traitor Legions had to purge from their ranks any Marines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1416436364700.jpg (264 KB, 904x558) Image search: [Google]
1416436364700.jpg
264 KB, 904x558
The Traitor Legions had to purge from their ranks any Marines that stayed loyal to the Emperor. Did the Loyalist Legions have similar issues, having to purge Marines in their ranks that turned traitor?
>>
File: daemons detector.jpg (73 KB, 677x400) Image search: [Google]
daemons detector.jpg
73 KB, 677x400
>>47707333
Of course not, little citizen of the imperium, what could even make you doubt the loyalty of the loyal loyalists?
Was it a daemon perhaps? Mind looking into the daemons detector here a moment?
>>
>>47707500
>Daemon detector is just a bolt pistol
>>
>>47707506
Of course.
If their head explodes like an overripe melon they weren't a daemon.
>>
>>47707333

Short story; Yes, but nothing 10,000 years can't cover up.
>>
File: bolt pistol.jpg (23 KB, 240x208) Image search: [Google]
bolt pistol.jpg
23 KB, 240x208
>>47707506
What are you talking about?
Pic related is a bolt pistol, don't you see that the daemons detector has a skull?
Totally different things, just like loyalists and heretics.
>>
>>47707333
No. Traitors would have existed, but there was no big purge.
>>
>>47707333
Horus Heresy III mentions Iron hands that ran off and painted their armour as Sons of Horus, down to the eye decal. It also describes how small fleets and companies will suddenly slip away during deployment to do their own thing.
The idea is that every Legion had some element of defection, whether as Blackshields or more overtly.
>>
>>47707841
I thought some dudes painted themselves like Sons of Horus to troll a forgeworld into supplying Blackshields with munitions instead of the traitors?
It actually worked if I remember, because nobody on the forgeworld had ever seen an actual SoH before.
>>
>>47708627
This. Can't find where it was though.
>>
>>47708627
>>47708684
Can't remember that story. The HH books are so chock full of flash fiction that it gets hard to keep track.
I was also wrong, it was a small blurb in Conquest, not Extermination.
It was a section to explain how you were allowed to have Legions on either side of the Heresy. They gave maybe 3 examples of "historical" turncoats and they basically said "paint and play them however the fuck you want."
>>
>>47708627
>>47708684
>>47709130

It's from the Black Shield pictures in HH6. One Black Shield has ghetto SoH runes on his armor and the description notes how most people can't tell anyway except other SoH.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.