[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Celestial Chrome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Space Ace.jpg (65 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
Space Ace.jpg
65 KB, 600x849
There was a thread about retro-scifi and got me to thinking what sort of setting could be made blending Diesel Aesthetics (i.e. Art Deco design) and Ray-gun gothic?

The immediate immage that comes to mind is a P=51 Mustange sufficently remade into a space fighter
>>
File: Vanguard_flight_2.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Vanguard_flight_2.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>47705525
Not /tg/ but the game Star Citizen gives me this sort of vibe. Most of the ships give off an industrial vibe with minimal super sleek stuff, with the weird limitations like how all combat is like world war two style aircraft combat rather than the more realistic 'i tell my targeting computer to fire at the dot 1AU away' which is then obliterated a second later, and lore dictates no AI which means you have a bunch of credit running around on large ships turning valves and firing out of bubble style turrets.
>>
>>47708427
Credit = crew
>>
>>47705525
I just want to say, thank you for not attaching the word "-punk" to any of those things.
>>
>>47708502

I've grown to dispise the "punk" aspect because it's long since gone away from that and is more just about the aesthetic then the actual content of the genre which makes me kind of wretch when people say something is cyberpunk when you have a little fog and some neon lights or how their experience is cyber punk because they went to a tame little shindig and someone brought some glow sticks.

/rant
>>
>>47708772
I can see that. I hate the word punk attached to things because when are you ever playing street thugs in steam"punk".
To me the punk implies it's aspects of the punk subculture applied to another genre like how cyberpunk is just science fiction crossed with punk worldviews.
>>
>>47705525
So Star Wars?
>>
>>47708772
The punk suffix has to have a dystopian aspect. If there is no rebellion, there is no punk.
>>
>>47709226

Since when did any of the fighter craft in Star Wars look like they rolled off of a Ford assembly line from some sort of retro futuristic setting?

>>47709240
Agreed. The word "punk" is just as dumb as someone who says they're a "nerd" but I suppose that's the fate of all labels after a while.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 1040x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 1040x480
>>47710471
>Since when did any of the fighter craft in Star Wars look like they rolled off of a Ford assembly line from some sort of retro futuristic setting?

There are some. But I think this guy meant that Star Wars is a mix of ancient and futuristic stuff. It was after all inspired by pulp sci fi and all
>>
File: image.png (430 KB, 1149x810) Image search: [Google]
image.png
430 KB, 1149x810
>>47713517
There's also this bad boy right here, which looks extremely similar to the ARC-170
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.