[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quest Of The Faceless: Act 2, Scene 14
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: The Faceless.jpg (116 KB, 644x482) Image search: [Google]
The Faceless.jpg
116 KB, 644x482
Welcome one, and I welcome you all to the tale of a world called Thespia.

Here is the odyssey of one that clings to this world with no face of their own! In a place where magic is fundamental to all of creation, from the ancient origins of Leviathan seas and behemoth lands, zephyr winds, and phoenix fires. All things in this world has a life and voice. Yet they are only heard by those that listen.

The Faceless, a being of eldritch origins, arose from the bottom of a well. Many a folk tale in Thespia says that only two things reside at the bottoms of wells, "Evil and wishes."
Since returning to the surface land wearing the face of another, The Faceless has encountered many friends and foes in their journeys as they switch faces and live the lives of others.
The question that persists? Which face is his own? And where will his adventures lead as he twists the fate of this cursed world.

Traveling now as the Eternal Dancer, Belinda the Beautiful, the Faceless's party makes its way to Celes Prance, a Namour city built upon a lake.

The Twitter!
> https://twitter.com/Faceless_Quest
If you have questions...
>http://ask.fm/Dranzy

And a log of the quest!
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Quest%20Of%20The%20Faceless

And The Faceless!
http://pastebin.com/dDstf0SN
>>
>>47699676

Down in the depths of the behemoth land, through a tunnel dug deep from the shore exists a city known to many as “Septic.” Hylons, the chosen nobles of the brightest star- Hylios, regard the place barred from the grace of the scaffos with a sneering attitude, labeling it as a place of filth with no regard to the riches that the many drezhar families have gathered.

Homes and tunnels are gilded, seawater flows freely through a treatment center run by chemists that purify the water for drinking. Firestones light up the tunnels with an ambiance like a permanent night sky, even some plants grow in these depths with wide irrigated fields dug out of the chamber.

In the Herb and Chemistry ward, the fumes of potions and broths are as potent as opiates that linger in the air being smoked from long pipes. Unlike the city of Cleptesse above, what would be greed in Drezhar's eyes is replaced by the shimmer of fulfillment and the pursuit of creation and manipulation of the world around them. Looking closely, one could see the vents carved out of stone to filter air through keeping the cavern systems a nice ambient temperature.

Within Madame Oleandre's shop, you witness this Drezhar woman's eyes pierce through you, tossing your anonymity aside like a veil. You can't tell how old she is by her face, but by her eyes with the way they look at the world, take it in and intuitively know. Her Drezharion scales are violet and her eyes the faint color of lilac. Her face as a whole however does not bear the rest of the arche's reptilian features, instead bearing features of Namour in the suppleness of her feminine features, and Arafleur in the vinelike swirls coming off of her eyes.
>>
>>47699685

“Why are you standing around as if witnessing an exposition?” Oleandre clicks her tongue, “You've got things to be doing, people to be saving, haven't you?” The woman's lips curl into a softly alluring smile.

“Ah, sorry... I must have spaced out there for a moment.” You giggle out an apology as you take the sizeable flask of anacoma potive by the neck. It's heavy to the point that you need to put your other hand under to keep it from slipping from your grip.

“How dare you imply that I should no longer be Hylon, you hallucinogenic crone!” Victoria's fingernails dig into the counter as she yells at the proprietor. “I hope this savage little hole of yours collapses on your idioti- mmff!” The Hylon muffles through Odette's grip over her mouth whom pulls the Hylon girl back.

“I apologize for my... daughter's outburst. I'll discipline her later.” Odette swears through her teeth as she drags Victoria away from the counter. The girl scratches wildly as she tries to get away, yet to no avail.

Oleandre's smile never faded through the entire debacle, simply and dreamily watching the spectacle. “Two persons gone, is there anything the last one wants?”

>[I... Nothing... I should get out there after them.]
>[You really think that she'll rescind her Arche?]
>[What are you? Some kind of fortune teller?]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>47699693
I'm kinda amazed at your ability to be late
>>
>>47699693
>>
>>47699693
You're late
>>
>>47699693
>>
>>47699693
>>
>>47699693
>[I... Nothing... I should get out there after them.]
>>
>>47699693

Holding the anacoma potive close to your chest, you feel the slush of the fluid inside as the cool flask presses through your clothes. Shifting a bit uncomfortably in place, you grin the the strange Drezhar despite yourself, if anything just to ease yourself. “What are you, some kind of fortune teller? I've only ever heard of that those of that sort piercing through the paths of someone's strings.”

Oleandre chuckles to herself, turning her back to get back to her work, “I may have done something of that sort before. But what most people don't realize is that if you look carefully enough you can see the way someone's threads go, the kind of pull they have, and what's pulling back against them to their end, their destiny.”

“You'd read my fortune so readily?”

“The way I'd given that boy you ran into sugar water as I knew he'd been bound to run into someone. To think that lover of yours would dash his dreams so readily.” Oleandre laughs aloud, “Then again, Love potions are always sugar water... So I must wonder about that. Women around here know this well enough however, they oft fancy the man that would spend so much on one. Let's them know how serious a suitor is.”

“That's cruel!” You laugh yourself and grip the flask tightly in thought, “This works, right?”

“Why would I waste your trip to Septic by giving you a worthless draught for free? If I'd cared to con you I would've asked for a few of the gems you're carrying.”

“About... My little sister.” You bite your lip, “You really think that she'll change her Arche?”

“On her current path with you, she's bound to. It'll likely be for the best, she'll understand things that she never could before as such a sheltered Hylon... Now will you be off?” Oleandre shoos you away with her back to you.
>>
>>47700236

As you turn to leave, another person enters the shop, one that you recognize. With a Crossbow strapped across his back instead of a lute, and a sword at his side, he barely spares you a glance until your eyes make contact with his. You notice a change in him... The hearts in his eyes are gone, replaced by the reptilian sliver of a Drezhar, and red scales peeking upon his cheeks from his neck.

“Excuse me Ma'am.” Biz walks past and adresses Oleandre at the counter. He doesn't seem to recognize you with your hood drawn and your new attire. His mind seems to be elsewhere.

“Oh, little Bizmuth.” Oleandre turns with feigned surprise, “How are your parents? Coppre and Senic doing well?”

>[Dip out while they're talking.]
>[Pretend to look at something while you listen.]
>[Greet Biz, ask him how he's doing.]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>47700250
The fuck
>>
>>47700250
Wait how did he get here, why is he Drezhar now, why does she talk like he was always Drezhar?
>>
>>47700250
>>
>>47700250
>>
>>47700250
>>
>>47700250
>>
>>47700250
How do you even manage 40 minutes delay
>>
>>47700250
>>[Pretend to look at something while you listen.]
>>
File: Image021.jpg (15 KB, 384x328) Image search: [Google]
Image021.jpg
15 KB, 384x328
Surprised you guys are so conflicted between staying for a listen and leaving.

Hm. Let's see where this goes.
>>
>>47700830
I really have no clue where this will go. And I doubt him recognizing us would be beneficial
>>
>>47700856
Recognizing you? Hmm.. Well he IS familiar with Belinda... If only you could disguise yourself somehow...
>>
>>47700830
There's a 50/50 chance how this will turn out
>>
>>47700884
Changing faces in the open doesn't seem like a smart idea
>>
>>47700918
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
File: Monkey_statue.png (91 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Monkey_statue.png
91 KB, 333x250
>>47700250

Lingering near the exit, you pretend that something's caught your eye and stare at a strange little statue of some sort of animal with thespian-like hands, a large mouth, and glowing rubies. It kind of makes you feel uncomfortable as you hear animalistic cries of madness the deeper you stare into its eyes...

Bizmuth puts his palms against the counter with a grim look on his face, “I need the potive to restore missing teeth. You said that it'd take two days to make, right?”

“Right.” Oleandre blinks slowly, bending down to grab a little flask beneath her counter.

Biz lays his payment on the counter, five rubies and a sapphire. Oleandre doesn't relinquish the potive, clearing her throat expectantly.

“Mother and Father are fine miss Oleandre. They're working on their backlog since they helped me rebuild my lute...”

You look over to the crossbow upon Biz's back, you listen for its voice. “I used to play such passionate music... Oh woe... Woe is me... I do not want to hurt... I don't want to hurt for my master's sake... But I will.” It wails and bemoans in agony. It jars you more even than the madness of the strange statue idol.

“Will you shut up!” Biz elbows the crossbow and its voice fades into silence again. The man holds a hand to his temple, a knuckle held there as he recenters his thoughts.

“Careful there little Bizmuth, do you even know where this road will take you?” Oleandre snatches up the gems and places the potion in their place with a single swift motion.

“I don't want to hear your fortunes Oleandre, just leave me alone. All I need now...” Biz turns to leave. “Vengeance.”

“Little Bizmuth, one more thing.” Oleandre calls him and he stops in his place. You're looking their way when Oleandre mouths the word, “Go.” to you right before he turns back to her.
>>
>>47700830
If you need a tie breaker, I say we stay and listen. I'm curious as to what happened to him.
>>
>>47701325
If you wanted to know the whole thing, you'd need to hold his hand and take a "Peek" into what's happened with him.
>>
>>47701323

Without moving too quickly, you slip out of the little shop and hear something off to the side between the stores...

“... and one more thing. The only reason I didn't put an arrow between your eyes as soon as we left Pruden is because unlike you Hylon, I don't kill children.”

You walk around to find Odette holding Victoria against a wall by her hands and a foot on her stomach. The girl's visibly shaking, tears in her eyes produced out of fear.

Mistepping, your foot slides a bit too hard against the stone and Odette spins her face around to see you standing there, immediately releasing Victoria and backing off of her. The realization dawns upon her that she was caught in the middle of such a precarious act, “It- it's not what it looks like, I... I was disciplining...”

“Faceless please. Please Faceless keep her away from me. I-I'm sorry, please don't hurt me, please, help me.” The girl's eyes plead with you desperately. She starts to crawl toward you, halted by a sudden shift in Odette's step that gives her such a shock that she curls up with her arms over her head. “I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...”

>[“Victoria, come here. Odette... What did you do to her?”]
>[“Grab her, I want to get out of here.”]
>[“Odette... You...” Whisper in her ear, “You should be gentler, she's in need of a mother...”]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>47701369
Also
>There's going to be some problems. Biz changed his arche and seems very focused on vengeance
>>
>>47701369
>[“Grab her, I want to get out of here.”]
>>
>>47701402
This
>>
>>47701349
Tbh, it seems like he wants revenge on us. It really wouldn't do to ruin his life by letting himself be consumed by hatred. I'd vote for finding some cunning way to "Peek" into him.
>>47701369
["Odette... You..." Whisper in her ear, "You should be gentler, she's in need of a mother..."]
We need some team synergy.
>>
>>47701369
Also brief them on Biz
>>
>>47701432
>>47701369
Was the inside an ability of Beli or of the Faceless?
Because if it isn't Beli's we could change our face to Dramir's to get close
>>
>>47701369
>[“Odette... You...” Whisper in her ear, “You should be gentler, she's in need of a mother...”]
>>
>>47701488
peeking? It's an ability of the Faceless. iirc, the first one it occurred with was Odette as you were examining her teeth.
>>
>>47701522
Nice
>>
>>47701369
>write in

Tell victoria that she needs to watch her manners and that oddete might of went abit far in her hatered for all hylons
>>
>>47701369

“Victoria, come here.” You get low and open your arms for the girl. She runs headfirst into your embrace. Bringing your arms around her, she clings tightly to your body. “Odette, what did you do to her?”

The Makoh tightens her fists, exhaling with such force that her ribs lift, “As I told you. I was disciplining her. She doesn't respect her elders and mouths off at the worst of times.”

“I'm sorry...” Victoria sniffles in your arms.

“And no spine about her...” Odette turns. “I don't like her traveling with us. She's nothing but trouble especially with-”

“-Concerning that.” You raise your voice to cut her off. “We should be leaving.” Giving Victoria a reassuring pat on her head, you rise and embrace Odette to whisper in her ear. “Biz was inside, he seems angry about us. I'd wager that he'd raise a stink if he recognized us so we should move on.”

“Right.” Odette whispers back. She holds onto you as you try to pull away, and in fact holds you a bit harder. “Are you... Mad? I'm just trying-”

“No, I'm not mad. I know you. Just be gentler with her okay?” You rest your head against Odette's shoulder. “She hasn't had a mother for some time. She really could use one, you know?”

“Me?” Odette pulls away suddenly. “To her? I-”

You look into Odette's eyes in silence, and she feels just how serious you are about the notion. Slowly, she comes to understand and closes her gaping mouth. “I... I'll give it some thought. You really can't expect me to just...”

“I know it'll take some time. But don't think of her as a Hylon. Think of her as a Stella maybe?”

“I've never raised- I...” Odette goes silent. “I'll think about it, okay? We should go unless you want to deal with Biz, I'll deal with him if need be.”

>[“I'm going to switch faces. I need to know what's going on with him.”]
>[“Let's get out of here. I'd rather face Sol and the city of Cleptesse right now.”]
>[“Let's all go talk to him...”]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>47702110
Seems the smartest way to deal with that while getting info
>>
>>47702110
>>
>>47702110
>[“Let's get out of here. I'd rather face Sol and the city of Cleptesse right now.”]
>>
>>47702110
>>
>>47702110
>>
>>47702110
>[“I'm going to switch faces. I need to know what's going on with him."]
If we deal with him now, we can avoid a potential enemy in the future.
>>
>>47702110

“I'm going to switch faces, at the very least I'll be able to get close to him, maybe even talk to him...” You say as you unlace the red string and reach into the back, seeking out Dramir.

“You're going to- going to change?” Victoria gets up, that inquisitive spark in her eye rekindled.

“Yes.” You smile faintly, “Want to watch.”

Victoria adjusts her glasses on her face and nods fervently as she stares with eyes wide in anticipation.

Holding Dramir's mask in hand, you realize that this will be the first time you've actually gone back to another face... You wonder, will it be as... Jarring? With a deep breath, you let Belinda slowly relinquish herself from your visage as you kneel down, your strength steadily draining from your limbs as her threads swiftly recede back into her face. Her beautiful, fiery, passionate and sincere threads leave you, and as they do you find yourself wanting. Wanting the return to that warmth, that spirit, that love, and oh... her mirth. You feel empty as you hold both of the faces in hand.

You notice that a thread still lingers between you and Belinda. A burning orange thread still stubbornly clings on. You smile at that, you think. Hard to tell without a face.

Leaning down, you press Dramir's face upon your empty visage. Like a billowing wind, his threads pour over your body and assume his form. Older, yet strong from an indignant stance towards feeling his age. The wind rages within your body as you feel its strong desire to cut and slice up the things that it would hate and spurn. As the winds rush, you feel them change and feel as though you must hide something deep, deep inside...

You open your eyes and the caverns of Septic seem a bit brighter than before, almost like actual day really as your eyes change.
>>
>>47703614

Rising, you notice Victoria's eyes are still locked on you, mouth agape. You feel a tinge of spite run through you as you stare at the girl... Though in truth, she looks barely Hylon, as though she's just barely hanging onto the diamonds in her eyes. She was too young to be apart of anything they put you through anyway... Kneeling down to her, you ruffle her hair with a nasty expression on your face, “Still me, in a way Victoria. Have fun watching, girl?”

The girl nods, her mind already buzzing with a thousand questions that will need to be answered later. As you rise, you hear Odette exhale deeply, “Oh thank Luna.”

“Excuse me?”

“I just...” Odette squirms a bit awkwardly, “I think I like it better when you're a man. It's more comfortable.”

You find yourself frowning a little, Dramir's emotion in place of yours, “I'll have to keep that in mind.” You say rather dryly as you unconsciously shift your clothes into something a bit more comfortable... and manly.

Before heading inside Dramir whispers in your mind, (I'll handle the shifting, you'd only mess it up... Also, I'm not sure how I feel about...)

{Odette is... fond of us... I figured I'd show her a little dedication.}

(A little, hm? She may... Well... Nevermind.) Dramir changes your face, hiding away his horns and slipping into a form a bit more... Drezhar.

As you enter, you just about slam into Biz as he's on his way out. Your reflexes kick in, and your holding him by the shoulders with a warning smile, “Ho there child, you should watch where you're goi-”

Biz knocks one of your hands from his shoulder. “Get lost old-” You catch the hand and grip it firmly as you glare into his eyes concentrating intently... Listening...
>>
Victoria has no clue about the true nature of the Guisi, right?
>>
>>47703626

You feel a powerful blow slam into your cheek and knocking you to the ground, the clatter of small bones rolling across the floor and a sickening crunch of wood as you see an explosion of stars despite the midday. The last you see is one of your friends standing over you, white hair with an especially nasty expression. She spits at the floor before turning to leave.
You reach up as they leave with the komtesse... “Wait... Wait for me... Where are you...” Your eyes roll into the back of your head and you lose consciousness.

The first thing you see after that is a man sitting by a warm fire, one Vladmir Prude, the Jack of Commerce and father of Victoria the Worm. Shaken by the mere sight of him, you straighten your back. “H-hello sir. H-how are-”

“Nice of you to come around.” The man sets a teacup onto a plate with the barest hint of anger gleaming through as he passes the afternoon delight off to a butler. He's tall, taller than most you'd reckon. Legs long and wrapped in the finest of clothes with slick tailored shoes. You don't see his face. He doesn't look at you.

“The invited quests. The Dancer, the huntress. Where would they have run off to?” The man asks sternly, forcefully. His command makes your uncomfortable, your ears feel as though they're burning.

“I- I don't know sir, I-”

“I'm sure you do. You're a smart boy. I saw your marks, the ones that still linger. You're Drezhar. The guards told me your name. One Biz Marq? Judging by the craftsmanship of your lute, you're from Septic, a family of tinkerers. They must hate that their son has run off to be a fanciful- worthless Drezhar. Moreso one left for the dogs by his own allies.” The man's voice is calm, though he enunciates all the worst parts. The ones that sting the most.
>>
>>47703908

“Tell me where they are, or may be- and I won't throw you in my darkest dungeon with that smashed lute of yours. In fact... I'll pay for your instant traversal back home. What say you?”

You look down at your fists, sweat beading your brow- running down your... No, you're crying. Your lips tremble into a smile... You thought you had friends, you thought-
“They were on their way to Celes Pranse. I'd reckon they'd eventually find passage in Cleptesse across the Craven Sea.” You blurt out without much more thought. They wouldn't come back for you. They're the reason you're here right now.

“Is that so?” Lord Vladmir turns halfway, his sillhouette traced by the flames of his study's hearth. Piercing red eyes shaped into diamonds among that glow.

“Yes sir.”

“Very good.” The man's voice relaxes. “I'm glad we could come to this agreement Mr. Biz Marq. You'll find that your traversal with the Cleptesse Gipporoh at the guild is paid in full. Give that travel piggy my regards.” With a flick, Lord Vladmir gestures his butler to return with his tea. The Hylon lord takes a long sip. “Safe journeys, may you find your way you confused little child.”

It's not long before you're back in Cleptesse, descending into Septic with your lute defeated and broken along with your dreams. You enter the shop of your mother and father. When your father sees you, he gets right back to work. “Told you he'd return within the year Coppre.”

“My son!” A bronze Drezhar woman runs out from the back of the workshop to embrace the return of the prodigal son. “Bizmuth, my one and only son... Ohhh- Oh, no! You'll have to take so many antidotes darling, I got my poisons all over you...”
>>
>>47703922

“I'm feeling... ugh... mom... Nice to...” Things start going dark again...

“I told you to leave that smock in the back.”

“Oh Senic, you know I always forget when it's just us!”

Your grip his slapped away as you come out of the daze of peeking into Biz's story. The Drezhar flinches, wobbling on his feet. “What... What was that... What did you...” He falls to his knees. “I feel... violated...”

>[Scramble away... You're in no place to fix any of that right now.]
>[Give the kid a strong hug and tell him everything's going to be all right.]
>[Pat the kid on the shoulder, go inside, and ask Oleandre what the hell was that all about?]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>47704029
>[Pat the kid on the shoulder, go inside, and ask Oleandre what the hell was that all about?]
>>
>>47703691
If I remember correctly she doesn't
>>47704029
>>
>>47704029
>[Scramble away... You're in no place to fix any of that right now.]
>>
>>47704029
>[Give the kid a strong hug and tell him everything is going to be alright.]
Or at the very least, let him know his lute doesn't want to kill but to make people happy.
>>
Oh geeze, I'm not doing well tonight. I'm so frazzled from everything going on today...

Gonna end scene here. Got some stuff to think about.
>>
>>47704771
Thanks for running
>>
>>47704771
Thanks for running, Dran
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.