[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sky pirats general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1459589532065s.jpg (7 KB, 249x191) Image search: [Google]
1459589532065s.jpg
7 KB, 249x191
thinking about doing a sky pirates campange any ideas?
>>
well this is where that one oc pose came from
>>
>>47695100
Any pirate campaign worth its salt needs rum, lashes and sodomy (not necessarily in that order)
>>
File: disdain for humies.jpg (161 KB, 837x1024) Image search: [Google]
disdain for humies.jpg
161 KB, 837x1024
>>47695194
>sodomy
>lashes
Ya just can't not shit up stuff with smuttery
>>
File: churchill said it.jpg (68 KB, 620x800) Image search: [Google]
churchill said it.jpg
68 KB, 620x800
>>47695221
>>
>>47695248
So a fat humie boss with cigar said it in relatively old time. It doesn't make it good.
>>
>>47695284
It shows remarkable disdain for naval tradition the British Empire was famous for. Being said by one of the most well-known leaders of Great Britain makes it funny due to the sheer inappropriateness.
>>
>>47695100
Since OP actually seems to be in need, I will try and answer. If you are looking for setting and style ideas I recommend starting with some good sky pirate media. Since you are on 4chan and are therefore a weeb, you should enjoy series like Last Exile or One Piece, (the latter of which is in the right spirit of things even if its sky pirate excursions are short lived). For vidya you might play crimson skies or, even better, Skies of Arcadia.

As to a tabletop campaign, you will need to choose a system. Pathfinder has almost everything you need for a Final Fantasy style game, but it can be kind of dense if you have never played pathfinder or DND 3.5 before, and you need to take some liberties with the fluff.

Gurps can do it, but then you have to play gurps. That might not be to your taste.

Play up the adventure, the fun of being free from law other than your own. Have at least one authority that is, if not evil, at least no fun and restrictive. Make the world large and rewarding to explore. And make sure you give some thought to the implications of flying warships in the world. Walls, for example, are far less useful in that world.
>>
>>47695100
Im actually running one right now and...eh, all I can say is "dont".

Unless you have really motivated players, pirate campaigns tend to run into the ground faster than other types of stories, mainly because its all in pursuit of more and more money in service of nothing.

The best way to keep things interesting is to have a host of characters in the crew that complicate things early and often, and bog your players down in difficulties to make their successes truly matter.

Hopefully your group is more creative than mine and things go better, but, fair warning, Ive never had a pirate-themed game end well.
>>
>>47695487
I've only got 5th ed, and ive watched a lot of one piece, might check out last exile,thanks for the help btw
>>
>>47695320
Looking down on the grunts has been a British tradition for a long time. There's the charge of the Light Brigade which was such a disaster because noble officers and common soldiers failed to communicate, and Wellington saying that while the French army is an average of their society, the British army is the scum of the earth. Churchill said nothing new nor radical.
>>
>>47695537
5e works, you might want to tweak the rules a bit to remove some of the "no fun" rules that require concentration for buffs or cap ability scores. If memory serves, you might also need to make your own rules for guns and cannons, as I dont think anything like that has been released yet for 5e.
>>
>>47695100
Check out Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies if you can, the system is ok if you like narrative heavy stuff, but the setting fluff is fucking great
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.