[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General - /exg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: Exalted World Map.jpg (7 MB, 2890x1870) Image search: [Google]
Exalted World Map.jpg
7 MB, 2890x1870
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>Gosh that was fun. There were a lot of lesbians though. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for Previous Editions:
>http://pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Backer Charm Book:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

Let us discuss inspirational reading for Exalted, because why the fuck not.
>>
>>47692077
>Let us discuss inspirational reading for Exalted, because why the fuck not.
To reveal my ulterior motive for this topic, I've been thinking about reading the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I understand that there is more than one English translation, none of which appear to be available in the libraries or bookstores around here. I was hoping some fa/tg/uy could tell me which translation is the best and whether there is any hope at all of finding it online somewhere.
>>
>>47692077
I've not read some of the important mythic stuff, things that serve as an inspiration for Exalted like the Ramayana, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Journey to the West or The Water Margin.

Stuff that I've read that I've found makes for good inspiration for Exalted is the Iliad, Epic of Gilgamesh, Black Company, Night's Master and a bunch of Conan and Elric stories.
>>
>>47692148
Black Company's a pretty good take on what it's like to be a mortal caught up in the battles of the Exalted, I'd say. Also, related to some of the last thread's discussion, on how mortals can matter even when outclassed by more powerful beings.
>>
If the person from last thread is here: The Dodge Excellency gets you 1 point for every 2 motes, not 1.
>>
>>47692148
>Exal
was elric the big ugly viking who reddit tils keep claiming had a bone disease responsible for his superpowers?
>>
>>47692806

I said the standard excellency rate was 1 mote per 1 die. Each point of a static value is worth 2 dice/2 motes.
>>
How "reasonable" are the yozi?
>>
>Battle-Dancer Method
>Cost: 1m; Mins: Performance 4, Essence 1
>Type: Reflexive
>Keywords: None
>Duration: Instant
>Prerequisite Charms: Graceful Reed Dancing
>When dancing, add half the Exalt’s Performance, rounded down, to her Parry or Evasion. If she is dancing by herself, this Charm can also raise her Resolve.

Can you just use this charm to gain +2 Evasion/Parry for 1m whenever you describe yourself as dance-fighting? Do you have to Stunt yourself as dance-fighting? Do you have to Flurry a Performance action while you fight if you want to benefit from this?

This is the first time that I've, personally, struggled with the natural language of a charm.
>>
>>47693101
>Do you have to Flurry a Performance action while you fight if you want to benefit from this?

This.

Dancing is a performance action, which is a miscellaneous action in combat. Also, if this were not the case, the charm would be stupidly efficient.
>>
>>47693137
So what you're saying is that I should pick up a Nightingale-esque Permanent charm that lets me flurry dancing in combat, as long as it's fluffed appropriately. Like the final sentence of Voice of the Night Bird, but only for Dance actions, and not granting a weapon like the first half of the charm:
>The martial artist may flurry a kiai attack with Performancebased influence without the usual flurry penalties, as long as the content of the social influence is woven into the lyrics or emotional tenor of her song.
>>
>>47693083
Let's run the list...

Malfeas is a manic-depressive tyrant who is trapped in an endless waking nightmare, who will crush you like an insect the moment he thinks you're threat.

Cecelyne is a supremely cynical monster who peddles false hope, enslaves with debt and promises and forces you to worship her and not rebel against her nonsensical edicts.

Swillin' is an autistic totalitarian who hates the fact you're not a glorified wind-up toy made of meat and will lobotomize you at the first available opportunity.

Adorjan is a mentally shattered bodhisattva who works tirelessly to free people of the things that weight them down. Things like their house, their children, their thoughts and their body.

Ebon Dragon is a pessimistic existentialist who thrives in misery and despair, even his own. He categorically cannot for the life of him think of hope as anything but prelude to disappointment and anguish.

Kimbery is a cthonic matriarch who will smother you in her love and pamper you to a crushing degree, until you do something to bother her, which will make her flip out and smother you in her hate.

Isidoros is an impulsive solipsist who treats the whole wide world as his playground, and can never make a compromise. Restraint is an alien concept to him, as is empathy.

Am I missing anyone?
>>
what kind of names would a first age solar have? same as a modern character? or did naming conventions drift significantly?
>>
>>47693325
Ohh, do the silver forest dude, I forgot his name, Szorney or something right?
>>
>>47693325
>Am I missing anyone?
Several.

Cytherea, Elloge, Hegra, Metagaos, Oramus, Qaf, Sacheverell, and Szoreny.

Combined with the ones you mentioned, that's 15 canonically named Yozi.
>>
malfeas, cecelene, swlihn, adjoran, ed, kimbery, szoreny, ...any others cannonically part of the reclamation?
(sadly we never got an official sylvan charmset but we do have an act of villainy and mention that he was given the right to add an urge in exchange for opening his charms)
>>
File: 200_s.gif (52 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
52 KB, 320x200
>>47693325
>>47693425
>>47693434
Great...

For context, my players want to try to negotiate with the yozi*. They removed the curse and are "nice", for that they can return.

< My facial expression after I learned about it.

*Clarification: Is a long-term target and not immediately in a campaign.
>>
>>47693746
The curse?
>>
File: a proper gif.gif (931 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
a proper gif.gif
931 KB, 245x245
>>47693746
>static gif
Please don't post gifs that aren't animated.
>>
>>47693746
They're really gonna eat crow when they realize the Yozi have no authority to remove the Great Curse and that the Neverborn are the ones they really want to talk to. Well, for a given value of "talk" given that the Neverborn can't really talk, which still won't work because convincing them to quit trying to end all of existence forever is a task on the level or traveling through time and reviving the dead.
>>
>>47693001
No.
>>
>>47693173
If you can convince your ST that dancing is now a song, sure. Good luck with that.
>>
>>47693638
IIRC Isidoros too, because Szoreny is a caring boyfriend.
>>
>>47693877
Mate, I didn't say I was going to literally purchase the Nightingale charm. I said I was going to make a Nightingale-style charm, but exclusively for dancing defenses.

Work on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>47693746
>They removed the curse
The curse was applied by the deathrattles of the slain Primordials who would later become the Neverborn.

The Neverborn might not even have the power to revoke it now, in their diminished state, and the Yozi definitely don't.
>>
File: Dw5-wei-sima-yi.jpg (179 KB, 660x950) Image search: [Google]
Dw5-wei-sima-yi.jpg
179 KB, 660x950
>>47692145
I too am interested in Exalted because of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms aspect of it.

I can't wait for the day I'll run such a game.
>>
>>47693746
>>47693856
>>47693963
In short, you've fucked over the entire world for nothing. Thanks for playing!
>>
>>47693746
The Yozis themselves only take notice of the most important people in the setting. Best your players can hope to meet is a 3CD.
>>
>>47694033
And even then only ED knows anything about the curse.
>>
>>47694033
>The Yozis themselves only take notice of the most important people in the setting. Best your players can hope to meet is a 3CD.
As a rule, I don't think the Yozi should ever be seen as singular beings. Cecelyne is a desert, a clergy, and the beings who inhabit and personify that landscape and organization. Malfeas is a city, an empire, and those who rule and serve in it. And so forth.

While you can get an idea of the gestalt being by looking at the big picture, you're still never going to speak to Malfeas or Cecelyne any more than you're going to speak to Tokyo or the Sahara. You're going to speak to Ligier, because that's the closest you get to Malfeas while still being able to interact with it as a person.
>>
>>47694132
Except when they possess their subsouls, yeah.
>>
should an infernal bother taking broken silence laughter if they have brooding resentment?
>>
>>47694132
Well, there is the brass dancer, but good luck even getting it to notice you, or even predicting when it will show up.
>>
>>47693746
iirc malfeas needs to have a stroke to realize other people have feelings.

also the yozi don't have the power to remove the great curse. the best they could do was twist it into the urge and torment system. only the neverborn have been shown able to take the curse off an exaltation
>>
>>47693877
wear tapshoes
>>
Is there any point to the charm "scale shedding solution" other than to be paired with "stripping your partner"
>>
>>47694193
>>47694417
Avoid 2e if at all possible.
>>
>>47693895
Well then you have to convince your GM to allow your charm, which requires him to either to not understand synergy or not understand balance.
>>
>>47694221
>iirc malfeas needs to have a stroke to realize other people have feelings.
That statement is kind of an exaggeration (blame 2e) but yes, the general principle of it is correct.
>>
>>47693889
they're not fucking its a friends/nemeses thing based on reflections. f#$%ing shippers, two yozi can just be bros without it being a relationship.
>>
>>47694820
You mean an understatement.

>>47694860
It was a joke. But for real, Isidoros is only in because Szoreny dragged him in and wants him free too.
>>
>>47694860
>a friends/nemeses thing based on reflections
Also the forest is good for giant boar frolicking.
>>
>>47694523
>spending at least 16 XP, plus buying at least Performance 4, to be able to add a partial excellency to Parry/Evasion at a discounted rate is super OP
I think you might be the one who doesn't understand balance, friend.
>>
What is it like when Yozis other than Malfeas are out dancing? What does it look like?
>>
>>47694523
>which requires him to either to not understand synergy or not understand balance.
Homie, there is literally a Dodge charm that lets you spend 4m to gain +1 Evasion for the entire rest of the scene, a Martial Arts charm that gives you permanent, free artifact-tier scream attacks complete with free related social flurrying in combat, and a Presence charm that lets you reflexively make social influence rolls without even needed to include it into a flurry.

Something being good and worth purchase doesn't mean it's unbalanced when that's the actual balance point.
>>
>>47693877
>>47693895

I'd probably allow Perfect Unity of Form to let you pull off some shenanigans like this. Either let you get your Battle Dancer Method bonuses off your Kiai attacks, or let you use your Nightengale style Kiais by dancing.
>>
File: Anarchy_Panty.png (322 KB, 900x1454) Image search: [Google]
Anarchy_Panty.png
322 KB, 900x1454
>>47692077
>this is my Dawn Caste, ST
>>
>>47693746
Also how did they find out about the curse? I do not think anyone knows about it except for some yozi and some of the neverborn.
>>
>>47695829
You remembered to take Celestial Bliss Trick, right? Make sure to take Tiger's Dread Symmetry too, it combines so well with the Dawn anima power if you're at all socially focused.
>>
>>47695829

I'd allow it.
>>
File: 15627894565.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
15627894565.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>47695829
REPENT MOTHERFUCKER!!!
>>
>>47695839
Lytek knows the curse.
>>
>>47696238
Too bad he ain't telling.

It's all a moot point anyway, because 3e lore. You have a carte blanche to make up whatever.
>>
>>47695829
She better know both dreaming pearl courtesan and righteous devil
>>
>>47696359
Wouldn't she just have Righteous Devil and a ton of socialize and perform(sex) charms?
>>
>>47696351

Why isn't he notifying anyone?
>>
I'm surprised how little Dishonored is referenced in Exalted discussions - the Outsider's mark is a blatant Exaltationesque deal, and the setting is like a dark Victorian parallel to creation.
>>
>>47696558
>Why isn't he notifying anyone?
He's literally too autistic to even think to.

He's not going, "Should I tell someone? Nah."

He's literally not even getting that far.
>>
>>47696558
Because it's very important, he hates Sids and he's unsure about the specifics. Telling the wrong person would spell disaster.
Also because he's an idiot, not that the writers intended him to be seen that way.
>>
>>47696626
Huh. I just didn't make the connection.
>>
>>47696626
Dishonored is very much more Abyssal or Infernal, which have a lack of players and other interesting shit to talk about, respectively.
>>
File: smug anime face 21.png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face 21.png
36 KB, 268x237
>>47692077
>An epic high-flying role-playing game
>Most people in creation don't fly.
>The ones who do don't fly very high.
>>
>>47692211
>on how mortals can matter even when outclassed by more powerful beings.

By fucking the Scarlet Empress until she decides to abandon her post?
>>
File: 1405213532154.jpg (251 KB, 640x548) Image search: [Google]
1405213532154.jpg
251 KB, 640x548
>>47696716
>The ones who do don't fly very high.
Say that to my face bitch. I rode an air elemental up to the Adamant Dome of the sky itself to chisel out a star (and a piece of the sky around it). My Night Caste exaltation was the definition of high-flying.

It was a tremendous fall afterwards too.
>>
>>47696558
Because he never did when he had the chance (which was a mistake, sure), and now he simply can't without spelling his doom. It's not rocket science.

>>47696634
>He's literally too autistic to even think to.

Circlejerker.
>>
File: 1318948125202.jpg (129 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1318948125202.jpg
129 KB, 750x600
>>47696716
>Most people in creation don't fly.

yourgamesaredull/10
>>
>>47696730
By literally every Exalt, god and demon.
>>
>>47696695

Even then it's kind of neither. While those gifted with the Outsider's mark can and often do some really fucked up shit, it's so often in the service of a personal vendetta or lust for further power.

Makes one wonder how an Outsider Exalted one function if written into the setting.

Probably something like an Exigent exaltation by a god of chaos and vengeance, but I have the seed of a homebrew idea - that of the Outsider being a Primordial of the Void, and his mark being a Primordial exaltation.
>>
>>47696558
It probably wouldn't convince anyone. I mean telling the bronze sids 'hey they aren't crazy because they chose to be, they're crazy because they have this giant curse on them that drives them insane!' is only going to make the bronze faction more determined to keep them down, as it means they will defiantly go crazy and there is no known way to cure it.
>>
>>47696626
Ive thought it was exalted since the day i first played it
A man is given power by a supernatural being of extraordinary might. He is also branded with a specific mark which can glow when he manifests his powers. Unfortunately the government/church tells that people like him are demons who will ruin everything. His actions can either save the world or drive it into ruin.
Also the stuff you can get away with in that game is a pretty good example of the feats of a night caste.
>>
>>47696786
>a god of chaos and vengeance, but I have the seed of a homebrew idea - that of the Outsider being a Primordial of the Void, and his mark being a Primordial exaltation.
He was never for revenge, his shtick is more about his chosen being "interesting", upsetting or challenging the established order of things, choosing people with power and drive to do so.
>>
>>47695829
>>47696202
I can't think of many anime where the dub is better than the subs, but this is one of them.

>>47696436
DPC as a way to use clothing as weaponry. Mixing the Appearance martial art and an MA with a Charisma-based intimidation roll isn't the most optimal approach, but given how blunt she is she could totally be one of those 4/1/4 social characters.

>>47696558
>Why isn't he notifying anyone?
Yet another reason that Lytek doesn't fit into the setting once you think him through.
>>
>>47697155
>>47696359
Is Dreaming Pearl Courtesan style a Sidereal martial art? It certainly feels like it.
>>
>>47697184
No. It was Celestial.
In 3e core there are no SMA, DPC is a regular MA.
>>
>>47697208
Sidereal MA are mentioned, at least as fluff, in the Solar and Sidereal sections in chapter 1 of the 3e book.

Masters of the Martial Arts
All styles of combat with weaponry or fists become suf-
fused with miraculous power when practiced by the
Solar Exalted. With effort and proper tutelage, Solars
are even capable of ascending into the ranks of Heaven
and learning the greatest and most esoteric expressions
of martial systems—Sidereal Martial Arts.

Masters of the Martial Arts
Those who remember the Sidereals of old agree on one
thing: they were martial artists whose genius was without
compare. Only the Solar Exalted could boast equal
prowess, and then only under the tutelage of a Sidereal
mentor. Their mystical fighting systems, the Sidereal
Martial Arts, are the whispered legends and ultimate
secret styles of the martial arts world.

There are no special rules for learning DPC, but it's definitely a martial art based on abstract concepts rather than physical or supernatural force; it's a SMA in theme if not in name.
>>
>>47697487
It is and has always been a normal Martial Art. In 2e it was Celestial.
>>
>>47696716

I run my Creation like Gensoukyo. Nearly everyone flies.
>>
>>47697487
>it's definitely a martial art based on abstract concepts rather than physical or supernatural force; it's a SMA in theme if not in name.
Absolutely wrong. It has a theme, just like every other martial art, but all it does is make you fight good with help from your social skills.

SMAs make you do non-fighting things by fighting, like punching you into a duck or punching you in the snout to establish love.
>>
>>47697546
Invoking the Chimera’s Coils
>normal
>>
>>47697664
Yeah. You just fight better, with the small bonus of looking like a fish dragon and slowly going insane.

Of course it'll have some weirdness, it IS magic, after all. And in the fluff it is said to be the closest CMA to SMA.

But it is not one.
>>
>>47697710
>>47697660
Ok then, point taken.

General question for the general: When building characters to be decent in combat, do you go for Martial Arts or Solar charms? Personally, I prefer the Solar charms unless I've got a concept that gels perfectly with an existing martial art; they're a lot more specific than the Solar charm options.
>>
>>47697907
>I prefer the Solar charms unless I've got a concept that gels perfectly with an existing martial art; they're a lot more specific than the Solar charm options.
You answered your own question, right there.
>>
>>47697907
>When building characters to be decent in combat, do you go for Martial Arts or Solar charms?

Strongly depends on whether I want the character to be "visibly" decent at fighting or not.

A Black Claw or Ebon Shadow stylist can flavor themselves such that you'd never think of what they do as a fighting skill in particular, just an extension of their actual focus (social and stealth, respectively); by comparison, someone who's dabbled in Melee Charms is very clearly learning how to fight, even though it's not in their primary focus.

MAs that are clearly fighting styles (Steel Devil and Shining Point, for example) are a bit more of a judgment call; whatever feels cool at the time.
>>
>>47697554
Is everyone in your Creation also a cute girl?
>>
>>47696778
do they also piss heroin?
>>
>>47695200
celestial directions has a harp that makes the yozi-terrain dance, big sloshing waves, twirling dust-devils, etc
>>
Hello again, /exg/! A few threads ago I posted some homebrew War charms that I've been working on, and have in a complete enough state that I wanted some extra eyes on them.

So, being both a novice homebrewer and shameless self-promoter, here they are again to get more feedback!

http://pastebin.com/pAT3ViLi

It's largely raw mechanics at this point, since I want to make sure the charms are fun before I spend a whole lot of time writing fluff for shitty charms.
>>
>>47692077
So I've been learning that the 1/2e books included some hints of new Exalted long before 3e started the over proliferation fad.

Guidebook to Meru p41 states that there were many Incarna killed during the Primordial War. Their chosen went mad with vengeance (see Return of the Scarlet Empress p195). GtM claims they killed each other (which wouldn't happen unless they died trying to get vengeance on the Primordials), but since it is written IC the truth may be that they were killed and imprisoned by the Sidereals... what, this again?! How many Jade Prisons do we need?!

DotFA p8 states that Pluto, Maiden of Hours, was killed by the TSC but might have survived by sending her consciousness to the future. This would make the 6th Sidereal caste Chosen of Hours.

MoEP: Alchemicals p222 states that there are quite possibly two missing types of Exalt (or Autochthon had some evil plan). Who and where are they?

Autochthonians p268 mentions "mortal exalted" aka "heroic exalted" aka "chosen of no one" as possible creations of Auto in order to rectify the Incarna's incompetence, foreshadowing the current Exigent crisis. Ironic, no?

And yet none of these guys are on the list of new splats. Oh well...
>>
>>47699480

For those doing just flat BP throughout the game how many BP do you give out each session? And give out just like 1-2 Solar BP?
>>
>>47699528

Did not mean to link that post. Oops.
>>
>>47699528
I've got that flat XP advancement thing an anon did saved somewhere.

Flat XP House Rules: (new and improved!)
Character creation follows all the normal rules, excepting the BP stage and rules. Instead of starting with BP, players start with a pool of 60 Solar Experience,
which works as defined in the book. Experience is gained over play at the normal rate, in both XP and Solar XP, and Essence thresholds, etc, act as normal.

The following are the new, flattened, XP costs. They are used both for character creation and advancement:
Attribute: 10 XP per dot
Ability: 5 XP per dot (4 XP if ability is Caste/Favored, and/or the dot purchased is 1-3)
Specialty: 3 XP
Merit: 3 XP per dot [see note]
Willpower: 8 XP
Solar Charm: 10 XP (8 XP if Caste/Favored, and/or the Charm is Essence 1)
Martial Arts Charm: 10 XP (8 XP if Brawl is Caste/Favored, and/or the Charm is Essence 1)
Spell: 10 XP (8 XP if Occult is Caste/Favored, and/or the spell is Terrestrial Circle)
New Evocation: 8 XP

Any XP not spent at the end of this phase (e.g. because there's an extra point or two you *can't* spend) is kept to be spent later.

Note: Merits are a bit squiggly because of their design. I would personally recommend doing away with Purchased Merits altogether, as most of them are trash (like
Ambidextrous) or point taxes (like Martial Arts. In fact, just do away with the Martial Arts Merit no matter what), and simply giving characters 10 merit

points to spread around for Story/Innate merits at character creation, with
extras kept in reserve if you come up with anything interesting or appropriate later on.

However, if you're not interested in doing this (understandable; it's a larger leap in houserules), then use the following rules: a) story merits can only be bought
with XP at character creation, and b) merits cost 3 XP per dot, so going from 3->4 costs 3 XP, and buying a 4 dot merit costs 12 XP regardless of whether you can also
buy it at 3 dots or not.
>>
>>47699480
That gives us maybe...

Liminal
Getimian
Exigents
another Sidereal foil
two Lunar foils
"chosen of the depths"
"spoken"
Niarobian (sp?)
[Soulsteel] Exalted
[Adamant] Exalted
Chosen of Hours (Sidereal Caste)
Mortal/Heroic Exalted (potentially)
Chosen of the Fallen Gods (uncounted!)
Etc.

Do we really need 20+ new types of Exalts, each with 500+ charms?

Seriously, the rules for charms are needlessly complicated. Something like Mage Spheres/Arcana would be far preferable to that monstrosity.
>>
>>47699963

Dude, what?

You're combining lore from several different editions, half of which is purely hypothetical.
>>
>>47699980
>half of which is purely hypothetical
3e is officially adding half a dozen new splats, including an explicit special snowflake. It's the perfect time to add a half dozen more! A hundred more!
>>
>>47700039

Everyone knows real Exalted fans only run with the original canonical 4 Exalt-types: Solars, Abyssals, DBs, and Sids.
>>
>>47700077
these damn "lunars" are fucking special snowflake furry garbage. It's a slippery slope, we got one new exalt type, what's next, thirty?
>>
>>47699963
>another Sidereal foil
>two Lunar foils
>"spoken"
One of these, IIRC, is the exalt of dreams.

>"chosen of the depths"
>Niarobian (sp?)
These are the same thing. Chosen of the Depths, Deep, Niobrara or whatever.
>>
>>47700145
>It's a slippery slope, we got one new exalt type, what's next, thirty?

>>47699963
>Liminal
>Getimian
>Exigents
>another Sidereal foil
>two Lunar foils
>"chosen of the depths"
>"spoken"

Uh...
>>
>>47697907

I build all my characters to be "decent" at combat. If they're primary combatants, they'll probably be going for Solar charms, unless they're going for multiple MAs to exploit synergies.

If they're primary something-else, I'll pick up the most appropriate MA to make them competent, and let them spend their notXP on that, or just grab Dipping Swallow/Hail-Shattering Practice for basic not-dying (our group uses the experienced rules, and starts at E2).
>>
>>47692077
Any decent fan splats besides Nocturnals and Terrifying Argent Witches?
>>
>>47700537

There are barely any good official splats.
>>
>>47700145
>we got one new exalt type,
uh. exigents, liminals and gentlemen or whatever. pretty sure thats at least 3.
>>
>>47700590

He's talking about in the context of 1E, where Lunars were in fact a last-second addition to the game.
>>
>>47697155
is what?
>>
>>47694438
no
>>
>>47699528
My game is flat BP (Ferrinus's houserules), it's 4/session. No Solar BP because a) Solar XP is retarded in general, and b) the things Solar XP is designed to encourage you to buy (attributes, abilities, Willpower) cost less in flat BP. You don't quite spend 50/50 on "Solar XP" stuff, but without any constraints people have spend about 1/3rd of their BP on that kind of thing.
>>
>>47699963
>[Soulsteel] Exalted
you mean abyssals?
>>
>>47700537
Counting those, no.
>>
>>47701023
The book specifically points that out as false. Alchemicals are prototypes of the Exalted. Soulsteel caste Alchemicals predate the Primordial War. They could not possibly be prototypes of the Abyssals.
>>
So imagining that we had a competent dev team. What's your opinion of taking something like Shards of Exalted even further and doing completely new settings filled with original Exalted types?
>>
family names in exalted are first given second right?

so the sibling of "oaken table" would be something like "oaken mouse"? (and not for example "fancy table" or "crimson marmot")
>>
>>47701838

You've crossed your naming traditions there.

For the Realm, yes your family name comes first; e.g. Ledaal Buttfuck is Ledaal Pissfuck's child.

For the descriptive/Threshold name, there's no "surname," you're just "Rushing Ox, son of Iron Chicken" or whatever is appropriate for your lands.
>>
Does anyone have the Infernal Errata that TDO posted on the forums? I need them as I forgot to bookmark them.
>>
>>47701880
That said, Creation is a big fucking place. Every name ordering tradition on Earth is in there somewhere.
>>
>>47701835
>What's your opinion of taking something like Shards of Exalted even further and doing completely new settings filled with original Exalted types?
Dumb and pointless. The setting is the best part of the game line.
>>
>>47702014

I dunno, I kinda like the shards myself. Lets you play something different but familiar.

Except Burn Legend, that's a different game period.
>>
>>47702014
>The setting is the best part of the game line.
It's barely fucking there outside of a few halfassed dots on a map.
>>
>>47701939
>>
>>47692077
Does anyone play Qwixalted? How does it compare with the ST rules?
>>
Where do you guys come up with ideas for exaltation? Dawns twlilights and nights are pretty easy but im hard pressed to come up with exaltation moments for zeniths or eclipses.
>>
>>47702107
Just as much as any setting from any work of fiction ever. Hell most real life history lessons are only concerned with a few dots on a map
>>
>>47702107
>[Exalted's setting is] barely fucking there outside of a few halfassed dots on a map.
>>
>>47702389
It's important to keep in mind that people don't exalt as a certain caste because of what they were doing. There are canon Eclipses who exalted for standing up to someone impossible to beat in combat. There are canon Dawns who exalted for talking their way through a moment of terrible threat.

Your moment of exaltation only needs to fit your splat, not your caste.
>>
File: 1461275879121.png (3 KB, 634x574) Image search: [Google]
1461275879121.png
3 KB, 634x574
>>47702107
>>47702483
>>47702494
>>
>>47702389

Really? Zeniths are easy. Zeniths lend themselves most to being zealots and demagogues, so dramatic moments of zealoutry and demagoguery. Destroying an icon or institution that symbolizes that which they despise, leading a mob against a corrupt governer, stilling a riot with their glorious force of will, establishing a cult of personality...

Eclipses are hard, though, yeah. I find the generic image of Eclipses as diplomats to be boring - most of my eclipses don't fit that mould, so their exaltation doesn't really fit that mould either.
>>
>>47702530
You linked yourself to.
>>
>>47702389
For Zeniths, I typically go with moments of revelation. Like, you know those old stories about Buddhist monks who go up to the tops of mountains and just sit there and meditate for ten years and then awaken with a bunch of new wisdom? That kind of thing. The Zenith in my group was a Southern nomad who was exiled from his tribe due to a resource shortage, survived on his own for a year, stumbled delirious, starving and dying of thirst into a manse built on an oasis demesne and Exalted as he felt a renewed sense of purpose from being spared from death by the will of heaven.

Eclipses are a little harder, but it'd probably be the same in principle in terms of growing into your caste's power. The one my friend is playing was a mortal child of House Cynis who got assigned to managing the accounts at a satrapy, finished balancing the accounts years earlier than expected, realized that there was a huge cache of unaccounted-for-capital and Exalted when she realized that dosh was her bargaining chip to being somebody decided to make off with it.
>>
>>47702483
to be fair it literally is something like 90% empty and left to the poor storyteller to flesh out from scratch ;)
>>
>>47702531
I know that but coming up with context is difficult. Like its easy to say a dawn was part of the city watch and fended off a fair folk invasion or a demon summoned by a yozi cult, but acts of zealoutry needs backstory and stuff.
>>
>>47702582
?

no he didn't
>>
>>47695428
>I'd probably allow Perfect Unity of Form to let you pull off some shenanigans like this. Either let you get your Battle Dancer Method bonuses off your Kiai attacks, or let you use your Nightengale style Kiais by dancing.
Or just do a song and dance...
>>
>>47702628

There's a difference between setting and geography. The history, cosmology, politics, and major powers are all detailed, and awesome.

Sure there's plenty of empty space to plonk your own stuff in, but that doesn't mean there's no setting.
>>
>>47702129

Thanks a ton
>>
>>47702633
>I know that but coming up with context is difficult. Like its easy to say a dawn was part of the city watch and fended off a fair folk invasion or a demon summoned by a yozi cult, but acts of zealoutry needs backstory and stuff.
With 3e, you don't have to have a Moment of Heroism, you just need to have that special something that gets the UCS's motor running. I like to just say my characters were running around being badass heroic mortals for months before Sol bothered to look their way and it wasn't so much "wow, this dude needs my help," as "keep on keeping on."
>>
>>47702633
A couple of threads ago, someone explained Exaltation as the moment your character becomes a hero. It's the moment where Bruce Wayne embraces his childhood fear and truly becomes Batman. It's the moment where Peter Parker internalizes that his power is for protecting people. It's Arthur pulling the sword from the stone or Siegfried cutting the anvil in half and going off to kill Fafnir.
>>
>>47703056
Or, looking at it another way, it's the part where you finished your years of intense training and finally feel perfection in your body and soul, or the eureka moment from all your accumulated knowledge coming together into pure truth. What's important is that it's willful and deliberate. As much as basically everyone Exalts by accident, no one Exalts by accident. Mortals become Exalted by taking grasp of their own life in some way, so the moment of Exaltation should represent what "taking grasp of their own life" means to the character.
>>
>>47703056
>>47703135
I always saw exaltation as the moment where 'could do' becomes 'is doing.'

The man who could draw his sword and defend a woman from a gang of fifty men could exalt, but he doesn't exalt until he draws it, doesn't exalt until the threshold has been crossed.

For Lunars, it's when the fight finishes and you survived. For Abyssals, it's when you die during that fight. For Infernals, it's when you lose the fight, or fail to draw the sword in the first place.

But for Solars? For Solars, it's that perfect, liminal threshold between not-doing and doing where a person exalts.
>>
>>47701835
The only good Shard was Burn Legend. The one where they were piloting Autochthon around was merely okay. The other Shards were garbage.

If we had a competent dev team (that's a big if there), the last thing I'd want is for them to waste their time on garbage settings when they could be fleshing out the core one.
>>
>>47703210

1) Only one person wrote both the Space Shards and the Modern shards
2) Despite their incompetence they're still the group that has given us the best version of Exalted to date
3) Considering that Vance hasn't even gotten around to doing guns/modern charms, I'm pretty sure shards are so far on the backburner that its just a non-issue.

I like the modern shard myself. It's like everything I like about Creation/WoD, only without everything I hate about WoD.
>>
>>47703210

I think the devs are actually quite competent, in their rather narrow fields.

They're a bunch of jerks who should be muzzled on public forums, who've been pandered to instead of managed, they're not particularly great at technical writing, and there's nobody been riding herd on their more ridiculous ideas, but they're actually decent at designing crunch - moreso than any of the prior devs at any rate.
>>
>>47702389
>Be a pretty skilled merchant.
>Hanging out in the middle of some market
>This dude comes over and tries to sell you a tea cup
>You're looking at that tea cup thinking it's not very good
>he tries to convince you it was made by some famous artisan
>Suddenly EXALTATION
>The ancient power of the Unconquered Sun fills you like an explosion.
>For a moment, you remember the ancient past, the countless lifetimes you've lived, the battles you've fought, the sites that you have seen and the Charms that once granted you vast power
>You lift your arms to the heavens and scream, "FRUGAL MERCHANT METHOD!"
>Your unmatched power instantly informs you that this guy was totally trying to rip you off
>You gaze into his eyes
>He stares back at you, fear and terror etched into his face as he realizes before him stands one of the Anathema
>You shake your head and tell him, no thanks
>>
Im getting hyped for DBs
>>
>>47703343
>>47703282

Holden, Morke. You guys need to stop posting here and finish up the Dragon Blooded book.
>>
>>47702718
the geography is massive, holes in it the size of europe with no hint of what might go there have a way of becoming holes in the setting
>>
>>47703401
they do describe the fact that there are numerous city-states between say, Lookshy and Thorns, they just don't detail them, so you can. If you can see that on the coast between the two, it's easy to imagine there are even more throughout the world.
>>
>>47703401
Again, what fictional setting can you name that detailed every single town and special marking everywhere? The best authors out there only spend word count on the important stuff.
>>
>>47703401

So? If you shrunk the empty space so that the places were exactly the same, but Creation was 20% the size, would there magically be more material?

Having a huge, sparse geography is not worse than having a small, dense geography, and they haven't even started releasing location books for 3E yet.
>>
Question about infernal urges:

Many are some sort of goal, you know when you've completed "kill the bull of the north", "Purge the Haltan territories of the taint of the Fair Folk.", " Gain control over the Vermilion Legion and turn it into an unstoppable conquering force", " Persuade the wretched and dispossessed of the Varang city-states to rise up against the Varangian caste system." or "Infiltrate and gain control over the Wyld Hunt, in order to destroy it from within."

but then other examples are shit like "Destroy every work of art that offends your own aesthetic sensibilities." open ended and incredibly vague or general.
How does one fulfill an urge like that? Or do you complete the ones you can(generating new urges to take their place) eventually getting a bad draw and ending up trapped into one with no clear endpoint?

or do they expire after awhile and a certain amount of progress, freeing up the slot for something more interesting again?
>>
>>47700077 #
Trips and dubs of truth! Infernal, liminal, getiman, alchemical and exigents are all So unneccessary! The only reason they're there is so that they can make more rules and sell more pdfs for more money!!
>>
>>47704100

Oh noes. People doing things for money. What has the world come to? Why don't they just live in their parents basement and sponge off them, like the rest of us?
>>
File: 1386386974267.jpg (1 MB, 1250x1826) Image search: [Google]
1386386974267.jpg
1 MB, 1250x1826
Question about Organizations:
Since there is no system for it in 3E yet, what one should I canibalize from 2E? The Creation-Rule Mandate from Masters of Jade or one from another book?

Thank you in advance, anon!
>>
>>47704552

I do it. A lot of people hate the system for some reason. Its fine if you just use it as a tool to describe what you are doing rather then a minigame inside of the game.
>>
File: Exalted3eProjectsHomebrew.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Exalted3eProjectsHomebrew.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47704552
There's a piece of homebrew made, like, a year ago now for 3e which covers large-scale Projects, especially bureaucratic ones.

Here you go.
>>
>>47704614

The only thing I really don't like about bureaucratic tasks being with the Sorcerous project system is that with bureaucracy there is often going to be a ton of opposition for your plans, whereas sorcerous projects you don't really have much in the way of opposition.

CRM had that opposition area. (The Masters of Jade one, not the other horrible one)
>>
>>47704656
There's an entire section of that homebrew dedicated to direct opposition and sabotage, and a following section for dismantling a project once it's been completed.

It's based on the Workings system, but it's distinct and covers exactly what you're talking about.
>>
>>47704609
I thought they hated the system in 'The Mandate of Heaven', not the one in 'Masters of Jade'. Is there another one?

>>47704614
That... is pretty much the Sorcery Workings system. Thanks though, nice to know someone already tackled it.

We are about to start a game where I have a somewhat significant domain, but nothing on the scale of a City-State, and I was looking for a system to model it in an interesting way. Workings are fine and dandy, but somewhat lacking in depth.
>>
>>47704687
>That... is pretty much the Sorcery Workings system.
The author said so explicitly when it was posted.

>Workings are fine and dandy, but somewhat lacking in depth.
I disagree, but it's your game, not mine. Good luck finding or homebrewing subsystem with extra mechanical nuance.
>>
>>47704687

>I thought they hated the system in 'The Mandate of Heaven', not the one in 'Masters of Jade'. Is there another one?

Everyone hates Mandate of Heaven. Its a mix when it comes to Creation-Ruling Mandate
>>
>>47704687
Yeah, I'm about to start a kingdom running game and I'd like something to support the stats of a city, its resources, its population, our pull in it, its exports, its social standing, its defence etc.
I do like the this project working system for starting up a project, but I'd like something to model what we have currently.
>>
>>47704722
>I'd like something to model what we have currently
Isn't that sort of thing just represented by Merits like Resources and Followers, which you then apply when performing Projects?
>>
>>47704735
I mean more on the city-state scale, a kingdom's merits, not ours.
>>
>>47704793
>I mean more on the city-state scale, a kingdom's merits, not ours.
Those are exactly your Merits. I'd encourage you to reread them.

A high rating in Command gives you entire standing legions of elite troops.

A high-rating Cult has worship spanning an entire Direction.

Followers 3 grants you a hundred expert mortals, above and beyond the common folk you rule.

A high enough Influence and you're the ruler of a citystate.

Resources 5 is more money than many entire nations possess, and easily represents your nation's treasury.

The kingdom's merits, the citystate's merits, are your merits, because it's your nation. And because of that, they just get listed on your character sheet, instead of somewhere all their own.
>>
>>47704735
>>47704793

As I see it, and is stated on the resources merit, what you have not necessarily represent what the kingdom has. You could have resources 2, living a merely confortable life, but your domain could have it at 5. You might not have soldiers, but your city could. And stuff like that, I guess.

Basically, what you personally have helps, but the thick of it should be the organization. Hmm... not a bad approach, I guess.
>>
>>47704885
You're talking about the difference between Backing and personal leadership. Nothing more.
>>
>>47699480

What the fuck is this crap?

>And yet none of these guys are on the list of new splats. Oh well...

Probably because its all retarded 2e shit
>>
>>47704904
Indeed, there's nothing on the book to support my claim. I must concede my point about the resources, them.
Most likely I read that into a forum post by one of the devs (quite possibly Stephen) talking about how resources represented what you have available to you, not how many money you made.
Well, nice to find that out, though. Thx, anon.
>>
>>47704876
How would you handle those merits for people that might not 'own' the city, or run it behind the scenes, or rule it, but together as a circle?
Divvying up the merits might be a bit much between all those.
Should I give them free merits at the start to represent their control over the city state?
Like the Dawn has Command for the military, the Eclipse handles the money on the city's behalf so the treasury is a separate Resources merit, the Night has secret police or spies under Followers?
I wouldn't want them to spend their chargen merits on something which is specifically the premise of this campaign.
>>
>>47705087

The crunch is very bad. I mean you can use it, but its very bad. 3e is a direct upgrade in most ways. The only reason you'd use 2.Xe is due to splats that are not yet out.
>>
>>47705087
Fluff: 2e went rather gonzo with a lot of stuff, culminating in "the Sun is a mecha-battlestation that knows martial arts".
Crunch: 2e was analyzed to death and a number of objectively superior builds were found, also absolutely mandatory charms for usefully participating in high-end combat.
>>
>>47704159
>assumes anon doesn't have a job and lives like a neet

What an ass. But I guess it's natural for you to be an ass, if you support the stupidity that are infernals, alchemical, liminal, getiman exigents.
>>
>>47703199
I like this, but I also like the idea that the moment of Exaltation isn't necessarily the moment when a character starts doing something as much as when they start being something. A previous thread used Batman as the example; the moment of Exaltation is when Bruce Wayne starts being Batman, which isn't necessarily at the start of a fight.

Think about Batman Begins as a version of the Batman origin story. When does Bruce Wayne become Batman? You could argue that it's the moment when he starts to fight the League of Shadows. I'm going to argue that it's this moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6qwcjxDosc

He's not accomplishing anything significant in that scene, but that's the moment.
>>
>>47705114
Divvy up responsibilities and have them take the appropriate thing. The man in charge of money taking the resources, etc.
>>
>>47706199
Do the character merits match the scale of a city state?
>>
>>47706225
Of course did you not read the merits section?

Resources 5 is pretty much "has more money than god"
>>
>>47706234
These merits don't quite seem granular enough at that large scale, it's either rich for an individual, rich as a city, richer than god.
>>
>>47706244
Five dots indicates an income of 12-20 talents per year in
jade; 96,000-160,000 koku per year in cash; or 60-100
talents per year in silver. The heads of the richest patrician
families, renowned and successful Dynasts (often
serving vital positions within their Houses), established
Guild factors, and the rulers of powerful Threshold kingdoms
possess this level of personal wealth.
>>
>>47698972
No, because that would be silly.
>>
>>47700537
>Nocturnals and Terrifying Argent Witches?
Who and who?
>>
>>47706331
best left forgotten
>>
>>47706244

It's because "Resources" isn't supposed to be used to track personal worth - it's more of an aspect of that character's nature. Like, Resources 0 doesn't mean your character's a pauper in rags, it just means that wealth is not a major factor in their life. If you have any dots in Resources, it means that you're wealth is a defining part of you. When that's the point that it starts out at, it's not surprising if it scales up rapidly.
>>
>>47706259
>>47706463
Yeah, it makes sense for characters, but I think I'd have to tweak it for a nation.
>>
>>47706518
No that's what the other merits are for.

Resources for the wealth, influence for the city, followers for your elite guards, cult to have the city worship you, etc.
>>
>>47706443
No seriously, can you tell me what I missed when they were brought up?
>>
>>47706553
Nocturnals are a hombrew splat for 2e, TAW is a homebrew rewrite of Lunars for 2e.
>>
>>47706553
Terrifying Argent Witches are the work of an Infernal cocksucker who thought it was terrible that Lunars looked like Solar clones with animal themes, so he rewrote them into Infernal clones with insanity themes.
>>
>>47706324
>No, because that would be silly.
>that would be silly.
>silly.

I think you're in the wrong thread mate.
>>
>>47706578
It was obviously a joke.
>>
>>47706594
Sorry, I forgot to turn on my irony-reception this morning.
>>
>>47706600
Here's how my train of thought went
>Dinosaurs flying planes: makes sense.
>dinosaurs that piss heroin: I can dig.
>Dinosaurs that fly planes AND piss heroin: that is just too much.
>>
whats the difference between the standard heavyweight book and premium
>>
>>47706625
One is heavier.
>>
>>47706634
the premium is also "premium heavyweight"
i just left that out
>>
>>47706619
What if they piss heroin only after they get off the planes?
>>
>>47706653
I have absolutely no problems with this.
>>
>>47706666
Ok Satan
>>
>>47706640

http://support.drivethrurpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/209936943-What-is-the-difference-between-Premium-Color-and-Standard-Color-
>>
Sup /tg/. My circle played its first real session of Ex3 last night, and by and large we had a good time, a few rules quibbles aside. Does anyone have any tips on getting role bonuses for Solar XP for Zeniths, aside from trying to be "in the spotlight" as much as possible to get the ceding bonus?
>>
>>47707606
Basically all of the Zenith role bonuses are about Intimacies. You get other people to cleave to your Intimacies, you protect them, you further them. So, what does your Zenith believe in? If they're all about the UCS, gather followers and get them to believe in the glory of the sun. If they fucking love their homeland, get some of that manifest destiny on. Play up your major and defining Intimacies and watch the Solar XP roll in.
>>
File: ASSuming.png (180 KB, 445x290) Image search: [Google]
ASSuming.png
180 KB, 445x290
>>47704159
And now that I am back I can use my image.
>>
>>47707606
You don't need to be in the spotlight personally to get the ceding bonus, you just need to make sure someone else has it at the right time.
>>
>>47699480
yeah :(
>>
>>47705770
Don't be silly. This is the moment when Bruce Wayne became The Batman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28-JJvthBug
>>
>>47708166
seems more like an infernal...except he had no point where he could really have have tried to save them.
>>
>>47708562
It's less about real circumstances and more about the fact that the person THINKS they failed, for Infernals.
>>
>>47699480
>>47704926
>>47708124
How can you be all so autistic? Is this the general rule of /exg/ or are you somehow special children with special needs?

It is very clearly plot hooks made to stimulate the imagination of storytellers. Every single setting do that, it is healthy.

The Maiden of Hours is never stated to exist at this point of time. It is only a plot hook. The two missing types of autochtonian Exalts are explicit plot-hooks. Worse, the concept of 'Mortal Exalted' is in the plot hook section of the gamebook! It can't be more explicit than that.

Honestly, you look like babies. >>47699963 Him specially.
>>
>>47706553
>No seriously, can you tell me what I missed when they were brought up?
>>
>>47707606
>Does anyone have any tips on getting role bonuses for Solar XP for Zeniths
Have several Major/Defining principles, so that you can easily interact with them during the course of play.
>>
>John Morke @hatewheel Jun 7
>Exalted Third Edition has returned to #1 on @DriveThruRPG after being moved to #2 by the AMAZING Mage the Awakening 2nd Edition.
>>
>>47696716
It depends on how hard you throw them
>>
What kind of working would it be to permanently connect two points in space? Specifically, two manses. The broad intention is to enchant a pair of identical rooms in two very-far away locations so people could easily use one room to reach the other.

One of my party members is really far from home and it would be convenient to be able to go back without much difficulty.
>>
>>47709056
Celestial 2/3
>>
>>47692211
>>47696730

So mortals make the best waifu and husbandos? This seems like high heresy as I thought dragonbloods held that honor.
>>
File: 1415710608374.png (191 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
1415710608374.png
191 KB, 1000x700
>>47709340
I am pretty sure Lunars have that spot.
>>
>>47706553
lunar removed entirely and replaced with some random homebrew exalt to "fix" them. made by sufficentvelocity autist earthscorpion
>>
Would you make a lunar with the barbarian flaw able to read clawspeak? Normally zero lore makes you illiterate but clawspeak is *only* 'written'
>>
>>47706553
Lunar rewrite focusing on insanity, body horror, dreams, being feared beasts or loved Disney Princesses, flexibility and, generally, making Lunars into inhuman shapshifters and tricksters. Some dislike it because they feel it changes 2E Lunars from Silver Solars into Silver Infernals, others dislike it because they hate people involved with it. Personally I think the themes are both distinct and compelling but you have as many views on what Lunars should be as there are Lunar fans.
>>
>>47710102

In Exalted there is one thing that is certain. That the fans can not agree on how lunars should be portrayed. Well, I guess they can't agree on anything splat or setting wise.
>>
>>47706553

The only credit I give Witches is that unlike Lunars, they work at a base. Lunars are in dire need of errata, so much so that it'd be easier to convert them over to 3e.
>>
>>47709340
>So mortals make the best waifu and husbandos?
They do if they exalt by being the best fucker around. Imagine, a mortal who decides to try to save his town by banging the Lost Egg bandit leader until she can't walk, and whose first charm activation is a well-timed Celestial Bliss Trick. Suddenly, you're that bandit's husbando, if you know what's good for you.
>>
>>47710612
Lunars are pretty unique in how fractured yet vocal the fanbase for them is.

Sure you've got people disagreeing about what specific effects should or should not be in the Solar Charm set but that is simply a matter of interpretation and perspective, everyone understands the baseline of human excellence writ large.

Lunars don't even have the baseline so everyone is coming at it with different versions and ideas yet everyone feels theirs is the RIGHT one.
>>
>>47710765
>everyone feels theirs is the RIGHT one.
And each and every one of them is wrong.
>>
anybody got a good source for animal stats? the book has like...5
>>
>>47710765
Honestly I feel kind of sorry for Holden and Morke in that respect, at least. No matter what they do with Lunars they are going to royally piss a lot of people off.
>>
>>47710901
By my count the 3E Core has 23 of them.
>>
>>47710930
I'd feel sorry for them if they weren't such smug assholes. I don't mean that they deserve it either, or at least I don't mean just that, but I can't see them being all that bothered by the people who disagree with their vision.
>>
>>47710102
>Personally I think the themes are both distinct and compelling
I agree. I much prefer the Wyld, dreams, and witchcraft TAW Lunars to the vanilla ones. I'm aware that it's very much a better of preference, though.
>>
>Second Draft
>Arms of the Chosen (Exalted 3rd Edition)
>The Realm (Exalted 3rd Edition)
>Dragon-Blooded (Exalted 3rd Edition)

What is second draft?
>>
>>47711406
Still full of spelling and gramma r mistakes, placeholders, no layout or art yet.

They wrote it, sent it to the dev, got called retards and a load of errors pointed out, they spent 2 months consoling themselves and are now emotionally stable enough to give it another crack
>>
>>47708166
That's an important moment for him, but he's not The Batman yet. It takes him a long time after that to start training, and a lot of training before assembles the Bat-persona for himself.

I like Year One for this. Bruce Wayne returns from ninja school and outright says that he knows he's missing... something. The first thing he does is disguise himself as someone who won't be recognised and tries to pick a fight with the first asshole he encounters. (A guy pimping out a tweenage girl, so not totally half-assed, but still, not Batman yet.) The symbolism and the fear comes later, after the epiphany moment.

https://genvideos.org/watch?v=Batman_Year_One_2011
>>
>>47711406
huh? where?
>>
>>47710612
Holden once posted that if he removed everything fans of Exalted had once requested he remove then there would be literally nothing left.
>>
>>47711491
Ah, Commissioner Gordon: Year One. Pity about the guy voicing Batman.
>>
>>47711658
Despite Holden being a liar, he's certainly right about that.
>>
>>47711753
You know, I've never seen anyone explain what Holden and Morke are lying about.
>>
>>47711714
Yeah, he does sound bored most of the time. Bryan Cranston steals the show. It's a good adaptation overall, though.

http://www.readcomics.net/batman-year-one-special-edition/chapter-1
>>
>>47711779
I'm not quite sure about it either.
>>
>>47711779
Part of it is the game taking five years to come out. Part of it is Holden being a gigantic fucking idiot in how he represents himself and OPP on the internet (especially Something Awful. Don't get people started on the "Bikini Witches" or "Rape Ghosts" debacles). Part of it is the minor "Morke doesn't have cancer" whatever that turned into. It wasn't really a debacle. Part of it is the backer pdf having art generated from crappy digital art programs, terrible layout, and the "natural language" of charms sometimes obscuring what they actually do.

There's been so much fallout that's resulted just from 3e launching that "Holden and Morke are liars" might as well be prefixed with "Surprising no one" as far as some segments of the player base are concerned.
>>
>>47711896
>Don't get people started on the "Bikini Witches" or "Rape Ghosts" debacles

Wat
>>
>>47711896
None of those things are lies. They're just things you don't like.
>>
>>47711986
I don't really care one way or the other. I like the game. I think it's fun. Anon asked what people meant by Holden and Morke being liars. I explained. But make no mistake: Holden doesn't know how to behave himself in any kind of discussion.

>>47711929
>Bikini Witches
Something something misogyny. Something something girls don't play our games because the fanbase sucks. Something something having half-naked girls in our game is sexist but having half-naked guys is fine. Holden's a gigantic retard.

>Rape Ghosts
This one I don't want to just dismiss out-of-hand. When OPP was releasing previews of the charmsets for the other exalts, there were a couple charms in the Abyssal preview that people got pissed off about because they resulted in ghosts that were defined by fathomless, insatiable hunger, lust and desire. By itself, this isn't really an issue. People have the ability to clarify creative intent or just apologize for doing or saying offensive things like turning a person into a barely-cognizant ghost that can only be calmed by having its various appetites sated. Holden, in his infinite wisdom, responded to peoples' complaints with something along the lines of "Come on! It's not 'hold her down and stick it in' rape." People have yet to let him live it down, probably because there aren't that many more socially-retarded way he could've possibly reacted.
>>
>>47712102
I was just expecting an explanation that made sense. I'm perfectly okay with 'Holden and Morke are diseased monkey dicks', that requires no explanation at all.
>>
>>47708700
gj morke
>>
Im feeling the hype for the new books again. I can't fucking wait for the new setting shit
>>
>>47711896
>rape ghosts
it still upsets me after having read the preview. I mean you had to fucking reach to get rape ghosts out of that. I hope it isn't changed to much.
>>
>>47713250
Dragon-Blooded book is what I'm really looking for, partially because the people I'd probably run the game for are more interested in DBs than Solars.
>>
>>47713346
This was about the same time as that piece came out on Something Awful, people were looking for excuses to bitch.
>>
>>47713346
These ghosts are for haunting and seduction, not for rape.
>>
>>47714462
One thing I have to give to Something Awful, it sure is aptly named.
>>
Does a poisoned weapon actually need to deal health levels of damage in order to poison someone, or is hitting them with the decisive attack enough, even if you end up doing no damage?
>>
>>47716742

Any decisive that hits is a successful decisive attack, which is all that injury-vector poisons need, RAW.

I remember there being a dust-up about this in the past, though. I prefer it using RAW because it takes soaktanks down a peg.
>>
>>47716792
>it takes soaktanks down a peg
Soaktanks are already barely a thing, why would you want to make them even worse?
>>
>>47717536
>barely a thing
>I haven't so much as actually glanced at the game

It is stupid-easy to become an initiative black hole. My Resistance Solar hasn't even glanced at Aegis and he's still a net loss for most enemies to swing at; they're literally better off just standing there letting him attack them than swinging back.
>>
>>47717536
lolwut soak tanks are ridiculous.
>>
>>47717568
>>47717572
Compared to equal investment in Parry or Dodge? No. It's pathetic.
>>
>>47717620

And compared to equal investment in Presence it's great.

Resistance isn't Defense, you walnut, comparing it to the Defense stats is nonsensical. Just because all three have Perfects doesn't mean they're equivalent in every other way.
>>
>>47717620
>>47717639
Addendum: If Resistance WAS as powerful as Parry/Dodge, you know what happens?

You get 1E, where people invested in both, and became indestructible blobs of dice.

3E Resistance isn't even halfway to that degree and we STILL get that.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.