[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #884: The Great Game Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: 1442013359136.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47683940
>>
>>47691954
Are corgis real?
>>
>>47691991
No.
>>
What are some good 'technique' or 'martial arts' copying perks? I want something like that before I head into Wuxia with Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting drawback.
>>
>>47692015
Ranma's Copycat Technique, it is one of the best.
>>
>>47692015
Legend of Zelda's Mimic as long as it's purely physical, I think.
>>
>>47691991
Are you the guy who said he was going to post a complicated question next thread? If so, 10/10.
>>
>>47692015
MedaBox's Technique Mimicry and DoA's Shared Heritages are good ones.
>>
>>47692015
If you can stand the edge, the basic Sharingan in Naruto is decent.

Make sure to pick up Adaptability in Wuxia itself too, that helps a lot.
>>
So, as far as I found out, the best shrink/growth Ray is the one in Rick and Morty.

What stops you from taking/convincing Rick to make one for you instead of buying it for CP?

If you take Rick as companion, is it the Rickiest Rick? The main Rick who we follow through show? Having him as friend would be very useful.

In fact, a lot of item stuff you can mooch off Rick... Somehow
>>
>>47692134
Well, stuff you don't buy with CP doesn't have the Jump-chan guarantee. So maybe in other universes, it flat out doesn't work.
>>
File: Opening_Bill_Cipher_Wheel.png (5 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Opening_Bill_Cipher_Wheel.png
5 MB, 1920x1080
Okay, this is going to sound needlessly complicated and possible plain stupid but I really want it.

I want that each world I visit, retroactively receives the (hidden) knowledge of a dark ritual that would awaken a terrible primordial endbringer. That endbringer would be me, meaning that when one succesfully completes that ritual I would exponentially increase in power and insanity and my sole goal would be to bring utter and complete chaos to the world.

Like a forbidden fruit that must never be eaten, that compels me to punish that world.

Any idea how to create such a "chaos button"?
>>
>>47692180
Nope.
>>
>>47692156
>Jump-chan guarantee
>Tfw now picturing every jump purchase being presented in a Billy Mays style infomercial by the benefactor
>>
Where are the knives?
>>
>>47692282
Currently listening to undertale BGM. This. lol.
>>
Are there any options for merging weapons? I don't mean like combining them but rather a way to have one item that can swap between being different weapons that have been merged together to make it.
>>
>>47692180
A ritual that sucks the souls of all who is near it except the caster use something like dnd or arcane from smite. Then use darkbinding, madness wavelength from smote, nge angel form to get max coverage. Maybe paint yourself in some neathy colors or that weird paint from lovecraft.

Real eat lord of bel so that it turns any humans you kill into minions. Every human you kill turns into a minion.

Destroy the world as your presence causes madness.
>>
>>47692345
RWBY is what you're looking for.
>>
>>47692156
In most cases, items you get from other jumps without using CP for them still work unless the jump says things won't work.

I think the stuff that wouldn't work from Rick and Morty is just the Portal Gun or other inter dimensional things

Anyway, time to get Huge
>>
>>47692208
No problem, anon. Thanks for trying.
>>47692354
I wouldn't do the ritual myself though. The idea is that I'm just enjoying my life, but anyone could trigger it using that forbidden ritual.

The idea came from this chant I heard in my dreams yesterday

THE JUMPER VISITS YOUR WORLD, HE WANDERS KIND AND FREE
LEST YOU RELEASE THE BEAST, THEN HELL WILL REIGN DOWN ON THEE
>>
What would be top power level in Rick and Morty in terms of powers or firepower or such, when compared to showmen stuff?

How would DIO fare off against Rick?

How about Goku?

I know that there are inventions capable of crazy things, but what characters are just about too powerful for Rick to be able to make a thing to defeat, at least without extensive research into the person?
>>
>>47692134
>If you take Rick as companion, is it the Rickiest Rick?

It's not the Rickest Rick. Says in one of the perks they get that they're not.
>>
>>47692521
Depends on whether or not he gets prep time and how drunk Rick is at the time.
>>
>>47692481
Dreams are great sources for magic.

I started going through a list of locations that I carry with me through purchases or can place in jumps, and there are a number of locations that were "always there" in one form or another. Most of them just suddenly appear with you, though. There's the countries from 1984 and Tropico, and Civilization has ruins, I think. Anon's Stage from Megaman Classic has a copy of itself be in every world you go to, so maybe it's some booby-trapped ancient ruins with an inscription and instructions. Not sure whether or not it retroactively places itself, though.

The ritual itself is on you, though.
>>
>>47692521
Is this whole Rick thing not just a meme? He's a genius inventor yeah, but he's got plenty of plot armor.
>>
>>47692521
friendly reminder that Rick drove the devil to suicide by hacking his magic with science, and has shown to be able to simulate the effects of DIO's stand technologically, as for Goku he travels back in time and diverts his rocketship into a black hole
>>
>>47692521
Friendly reminder that Rick is pretty much a western Sasuke Stu that can asspull whatever the fuck he wants because his creator is "That Guy".
>>
So, been rewatching/rereading BSSM to get an idea of what needs to be done. Then this happened (amongst other things):
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqg1KCKMlL4

It seems like there is a lot of shit I straight up blanked from my memories.
>>
Could Rick kill Jump-chan?
>>
>>47692666
no he's not Omni
>>
File: Willy Don't Care.jpg (48 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Willy Don't Care.jpg
48 KB, 500x333
>>47692570
Oh it's totally a meme.

>>47692601
Yeah, but he's funny.

Even if you don't think so, the point is he's meant to be. As a misanthropic drunkard who shits all over everyone while belching, he's not really meant to be taken as a role model.
I'm okay with sues if they can give me chuckle from time to time.
Sasuke was never mean to be funny.
>>
File: Multiversal_Rick.jpg (38 KB, 634x397) Image search: [Google]
Multiversal_Rick.jpg
38 KB, 634x397
>>47692673
Word of god though.
>>
>>47692537
So that Rick is one of those who don't go much against Council of Ricks?

New urp plan, Jumpers. We gotta, we gotta use the portal gun to find the Rickiest Rick and hang out with him. He's the coolest. And he ain't afraid of nothing.

Now, what is the strongest creature in Rick and Morty world and how likely it is that in all this craziness there is a verse/planet/solar system/pocket dimension made for purpose of letting strong guys just do fights to death, all out brawls, Ultimate Showdowns of Ultimate Destiny and being brought somehow back to life or saved just before death? I mean, considering The Purge and all the crazy stuff, there has to be a place where bloodthirsty people go to. Or just ignore the saving before death part, I wanna know what creature in Rick and Morty so far was the most powerful thing and did Rick create it

My jumper self has tons of jumps of repressed anger and all and this jump seems like it would have means to do that
>>
Took game master perk nine times in Infinicon jump, what do?
>>
>>47692666
We certainly need a list of those who could.
>>
>>47692601
I wouldn't put it like that. Rick is often a plot device for good or for bad. He screws up way too much to be a Sasuke Stu and really is way too flawed and unlikable for that too.
Like any plot device character it's tough to gauge exactly how capable he is, however unlike most of them he is likely to cause almost as many problems as he solves.
>>
>>47692180

This is the closest I can think of.

First get Cosmic Fact from Marvel, Rumormonger from Persona, The Making of Myth from Sword and Sorcery, and Keep the Tell Alive from Mad Max.

The Making of Myth lets you make your previous adventures myths in new worlds, Keep the Tell Alive causes people to tell stories about you, and Rumormonger lets you alter reality using rumors but you lack control of the results. Cosmic Fact basically increased your plot relevance.

Next take a few options that make it harder to blend in, and then cause a few apocalypses. During this time start a rumor that they completed a dark ritual to summon you to destroy their world, and that you would have remained dormant if they had not. This should if done right slowly distort your personal history to make the dark ritual rumor true

Now repeat this until it becomes a significant part of your myth, or until it backfires horribly.

Now then assuming you manage to actually pull this off without it backfiring horribly your next step is to spread another rumor.

That rumor being that your myths is true, and that if the ritual is complete you will awaken to destroy the world.

Note that this is however a horrible idea.
>>
>>47692715
By "do that" I mean "release that"

He satisfied other things in other jumps. He just needs to release aaaaall that Rage with having someone capable of stopping him, along with, ya know, impressing Rick kinda because "What the fuck, this much urp power in that guy. the fuck he thinks he is"

Also:

AntiSpiral Anon vs Rick
>>
File: billcipher_thumbnail.png (169 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
billcipher_thumbnail.png
169 KB, 500x500
>>47692715
>strongest creature in Rick and Morty

Cameo appearance.
>>
>>47692761
Lament the horrible, horrible place you're stuck in for 10 years. Hope you like your drawbacks.
>>
File: n5108b4bb7de2e.png (59 KB, 363x203) Image search: [Google]
n5108b4bb7de2e.png
59 KB, 363x203
>>47692715
> We gotta, we gotta use the portal gun to find the Rickiest Rick and hang out with him. He's the coolest.
Funny story, a bunch of my companions had this very same argument! They were like, "Konata, I don't want to have stupid adventures in some half-assed alternate dimension where everyone is the opposite gender but still has the same name. That's dumb, Konata. No, you're not 'Rick'. You're not Rick, Konata. Why can't, why can't we go find the real Rick, Konata?"

So, listen, I sat them down, I sat them down, right, and then I looked them straight in the eye, and then... then I belched directly in their face for half a minute. I timed it. A full thirty seconds in their face.

And then I stood up and said, "That's why."
>>
>>47692715
There are giant heads that destroy entire planets and can't be the slightest bit harmed by nukes.
>>
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 705x1103) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 705x1103
Alright, /jc/. How do we kill this fucker?
>>
>>47692831

With more gun.
>>
>>47692864
But there's never enuff dakka.
>>
>>47692831
You don't. Not enough gun. Some things you don't kill, you run away from, or you rig up a dimensional teleporter set it on random and hit them with that so they become someone else's problem.
>>
>>47692831
Why did you take that drawback, you are an idiot. That said use anything that bypasses abnormal resistances, if it wasn't for his powers he would be no more durable than a normal man.
>>
>>47692831
A good drink perhaps?
>>
>>47692803
I would still at least hang out with him sometimes. Like, parties or something. Like Bird Person

>>47692794
Alright, explain limit of his powers and what jumps can give you means to fuck him up

>>47692811
Alright. Good things to use my collected power from Shonen jumps and Mantra for. Nothing else stronger appeared?
>>
>>47692831
book maker medaka box
>>
>>47692831
Teleport him into the sun, it might not kill him but he really isn't your problem after that.
>>
208. Kerbal Space Program
Origin: Drop-In
Perks: This Is Actually Rocket Science, Some Old Friends, Espirit De Kerbal, Zero G Angel (-100), Do What I Tell You, Switch to Over View (-100), Jumper On Your Shoulder (-300), I Am A Pilot Actually (-100), Aerospace Engineering Makes Things Go Fast (-100), Visit Exotic Alien Worlds And Study Them (-100), This Is Eating Into My Space Time (-200)
Tech Packs: Kerbal Attachment System (-25), USI Technology Paradigm (-50), TAC Life Support Systems, Kerbal Planetary Base System (-25)
Items: Emblem, Coffee Mug (-100), Vehicle Assembly and Launchpad (-100), Astronaut Complex (-100)
Drawbacks: Green Alien Space Babes, I Need More Time [100 Years], How The Hell Did He Get Up There (+100), Kerbin Technology Superior (+100), Kerbal Needs Food Badly (+200)

>Infinite hot chocolate mug
May your dick be sucked by an army of god's least dressed angels, AdmiralAnon.

Anyway, I'm grateful for Generic Children's Show, because teaching Kerbals is a lot like teaching kids. They're over-enthusiastic, simple, and easily distracted. I am Jumper Anon the Science Guy for a reason. We will use models to educate the Kerbals and help them get to space. I will also teach them how to live up there, because being in space is as important as going to space. 100 years to advance a society to freely space-faring shouldn't be too hard, right? I mean, since it seems to be what all their society is based around? They have to farm and sleep and stuff now, but otherwise they are extremely dedicated, and at least 20 of them are actually competent.

I'm going to spend most of my time playing safety inspector and digging up raw materials for them to use. There will also be hints dropped and a few of my own designs implemented to give them guidance. Just guidance. No major leaps of any kind. At least mostly because rocket science is not a specialty of mine, even if space ship repair is a useful skill I've picked up.
>>
File: Miniwa.Tsumiki.240.1888369.jpg (20 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
Miniwa.Tsumiki.240.1888369.jpg
20 KB, 240x240
>>47692803

Zootopia (UPDATE?)
> Age: 26 [Rolled10] (2/8)
> Race: Rabbit
> Location: District 1 – Downtown
> Background: Government Job [-100CP]
> Slick [-100CP]
> Under-Appreciated Lackey [Get a Freebie!]
> Political Face [-100CP]
> Master Plan [-200CP]
> Green Energy [-300CP]
> Fluffy [-50CP]
> You Are Even Cuter Than I Thought You'd Be! [-100CP]
> Guide Book [-50CP]
> Pawpsicles [-50CP]
> Doughnuts [-50CP]
> Fox Taser [-100CP]
> DVD Collection [-100CP]
> Interspecies Uproar [+300CP]

I waffled on species a lot because preds and prey and such but eventually I decided that only one factor was truly, truly important.
I have to be able to tell Judy she's cute.

Anyway... I'm gonna make a goat.
I'm gonna use genetic engineering and magic and potions and chi to make the most charismatic, attractive, Cave Johnson-est goat you ever saw. And then, once the plot completes itself, he's going to run for mayor. And do everything I say.
And so he'll be mayor, and I'll be his assistant.

> But why don't you just
AESTHETICS!

Anyway, together we shall weather the coming storm, and create a society of love! And... that's it.
Really. I just want everyone to be able to love who they want, and I don't want to sit in the mayor's chair. I'd rather just stand slightly the the side of it and tell the mayor what to do.

Oh, and maybe there'll be robots somewhere, too.
Cuz science.

>>47692939
Well, I was on the Council of Ricks, so we occasionally crossed paths.
I was pretty lax about it, though.
>>
>>47692974
It is if he kills the fucking sun.
>>
>>47692798
I had to fend them off by eating some of them, I guess the consec went after me after that incident. In hindsight I probably made the setting better, but the taste is too damn awful.

sometimes it ain't worth it.

>>47692831
Use the macguffin, some thread earlier somebody mentioned sixfold path against Fiamma which might work since it goes against absolutes.

Also the dude uses divine weapons (guns made from the enchantment of death angel's sword) so if you have the right perks it should be fine.

>>47692878
>You don't. Not enough gun. Some things you don't kill, you run away from, or you rig up a dimensional teleporter set it on random and hit them with that so they become someone else's problem.

depends, some of you anons in here are more than enough to drop him dead. Not even sure if the chair is enough.

Plus there are perks which require right enemy to level up, and this one smells of big exp.

>>47693022
>It is if he kills the fucking sun.
the sun ain't a vampire
>>
>>47693022
The sun is not alive. . .
>>
>>47693022
So teleport him into the void between galaxies then, should keep him busy for ten years.
>>
>>47692831
Move him into the path of one of his own bullets?
>>
>>47693021
I only want to hang out with Rickiest Rick since out of all Ricks he seems most... I dunno, distinct? Could be because he is what we see in cartoon.

Also, i like the cut of his jib
>>
>>47693125
>Move him into the path of one of his own bullets?
how would you do that anon?
>>
>>47693138
I'm kindof into Dandy Rick, myself.

He shows up in Pocket Morties.
>>
>>47693163
raildex or X-Men cinematic have options for that, or Eliatrope portals to move the path of his bullets back onto him.
>>
Now, Magical Index:

How beat Accelerator?
>>
>>47693163
Superspeed, he is one of the few enemies that would survive being moved fast enough to put him in front of his own bullets.
>>
>>47693329
Gypsy curses.
>>
>>47693163
>Freeze time
>Pick him up
>Set him in front of bullet
>Unfreeze time
>>
File: 1462975089250.jpg (85 KB, 640x443) Image search: [Google]
1462975089250.jpg
85 KB, 640x443
>>47693163
Not him but his guns powers among other are 'never miss their mark'. Now this is the most problematic part along with 'kills fucking anything no matter what' because it means even if he does get killed by his own bullet the bullet will probably go right through and still chase you down. So a sacrificial lamb is necessary so he isn't aiming at you when he fires. Throw-away android or something should work fine. After that anything like time stop or super-speed should work since his bullets still have travel time.
>>
>>47693298
>Eliatrope portals to move the path of his bullets back onto him.
Nice, IIRC the pupper jump has good perks for that as well.

>>47693334
>>47693352
thanks anons
>>
>>47693329
Take the air away, only do it better than the sister who tried that.
>>
>>47693125
There is a small problem with this. It will work. It should even be able to be done with a combination of decent super speed and ... I think teleportation from Raildex (You may have to teleport the bullet instead of him with that I am not sure). However the bullets always hit their target and are always fatal so it will go through him and kill him but then it hits and kills the jumper. So it's probably good to have a decoy for him to be shooting at when you do it.
>>
>>47692345
>>47692370
Is there a way to merge weapons and armor though? As in actually take two different weapons and turn them into one weapon?
>>
>>47693383
>>47693362
Or just have an extra life perk on hand. You die, then you come back. Tada.
>>
>>47693329
Suffocation. His power can't create air.
>>
>>47693352
Heh, Nothing personell, kid
>>
File: Preacher 3-1.png (931 KB, 878x560) Image search: [Google]
Preacher 3-1.png
931 KB, 878x560
>>47693362
>Not him but his guns powers among other are 'never miss their mark'. Now this is the most problematic part along with 'kills fucking anything no matter what'

IIRC there is a perk that works good against absolutes, but that decoy plans sounds good.
>>
>>47693383
>>47693395
Or you can cut off a limb and throw it in the path of the bullet. It hits your body part and kills it, but the whole survives.

Or use a Hivemind perk or Clone perk.
>>
>>47693329

Agitation field then proceed to pummel, or if you are smart enough do what kihara did
>>
>>47693329
teleport poison into him, teleport him into space, trap him in a room in a airtight room tight room in which no motion occurs, sympathetic magic wherein he is unaware of what exactly is happening inside his chest as you stick a doll with needles since that keeps you out of range and isn't something his motion control powers can cancel >>47693397 is on the right track
>>
>>47693383
That bullet can go right ahead and chase me all over the planet for the next ten years, I move at mach 60 and never get tired. I will need a way to deal with it post spark if I want to return to that world.
>>
>>47693329
Convince him that he's doing it wrong.
>>
>>47693439
Explain
>>
>>47693447
teleport the bullet to a few light years away.
>>
>>47693383
Not to be that guy but both Ribbon Bearer and Imagine Breaker would deal with that assuming you could survive the wound from the bullet without the instant death effect. Ribbon bearer stops instant death effects and just having IB would do the same thing. IB would also let you kill him with a sufficiently strong punch.
>>
>>47693509

The problem here is that Image Breaker is probably suicide.
>>
>>47693470
Its from SCP, fucks with reality warping and with other perks you can pummel the kid to death/KO if you want.

heard AIM fields are a specific feature of that.
>>
Would countering Golden Spin be super easy or super hard for Accelerator?

I don't mean preparation, I mean effects. Bullets with it and stuff
>>
>>47692831
Megidolaon to the face, bitch please I killed YHVH, whats this
Clint Eastwood knock off gonna do, tell me to get out of his yard
>>
>>47693567
I will just RKO him out of nowhere.
>>
>>47693586
I'd assume he can do it, yeah. It still has vectors, even if it's exceptional in the fact that it's effectively infinite spin.
>>
>>47693586
It'd probably be like that one Esper power that makes stuff move at a certain constant velocity. Since he can just reverse the direction, I'd say super easy.
>>
>>47693601
>I killed YHVH

How?
>>
>>47693586
I would say impossible. Golden Spin is said to be so perfect that it breaks dimensional barriers. Accelerator is good, but not that good. After all it was Golden Spin that allowed Johnny to kill Funny Valentine and D4C.
>>
>>47693509
I don't think Ribbon Bearer would work. It protects you from instant death, not infinite damage.
>>
File: 41860929_big_p6.jpg (337 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
41860929_big_p6.jpg
337 KB, 750x1000
>>47693603
>I will just RKO him out of nowhere.

damn right.
>>
>>47693564
I know, mandatory drawbacks suck.

>You are now part of Crowley's plans and do not have Touma's plot armor.

Has anyone mentioned that Crowley's plans revolve around fighting reality warpers who consider all of humanity minus Crowley ants? Yes that includes bullshit like Accelerator and Fiamma of the Right.
>>
>>47693641
>Breaks dimensional barriers
Not really relevant. Don't talk on the subject unless you're actually aware of what Accelerator can do.
>>
>>47693642
> infinite damage
Would the Dog Talisman from Jackie Chan work?
>>
>>47693655
Agitation field with fine tuning, then RKO
>>
>>47693663
More importantly, it includes things like the Magic Gods.
>>
>>47693329
Use power word sleep from D&D on him. I don't believe he would have any defense against sonic based attacks.
>>
>>47693663
And that's why I went Pyrokinesis - because I'd rather be a Flame Lantern than try to deal with a universe where someone who repeatedly destroys and recreates the entire thing is a lower mid-tier threat.
>>
>>47693678
Don't forget to pin and to claim that belt.
>>
>>47693642
The bullet is an instant death effect, even a small graze is instant death. If it was truly an infinite damage effect he would end the universe with every shot.
>>
>>47693641
>>47693611

See, this is why I was unsure.

Next Question. Medaka Box. that main protagonist girl, what are limits of her "copy and be better than you". What can't she copy, in terms of jump stuff?
>>
>>47693672
Huh, that just might work, especially when combined with Ribbon Bearer or Quartz Charm.
>>
>>47693680
Those are the reality warpers that Crowley has a grudge against.
>>
>>47693715
She can't copy items, probably. If you have a perk that prevents her copying abilities then you're safe. Otherwise her powers will eventually let her get all of your abilities just by hearing about them.
>>
>>47693715
She can copy skills, and the special power types that her series has, Abnormalities and such. Anything else is just a NLF.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 1200x849) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 1200x849
>>47693667
He has control of vectors. I know what he does, and he also has control over dimensions to some extent. Seeing how he was able to stop the teleporter from teleporting due to her reliance on 11th dimensional math.
>>
>>47693703
Infinite damage to a single target, not to the universe. I mean, it works on God and Satan, who I doubt have any concept of death before he shot them.
>>
>>47693715
There is a perk from Xena/Hercules that makes it so you can't be copied.
>>
>>47693417
I'm just very careful around conceptual weapons, especially 'never miss' and 'always kill' kinds. If his guns never miss their 'mark' then I would be worried that he can aim on a conceptual level. And the fact that the creator of that universe himself got killed by it means it may very well not be dodgeable at all - after all if anyone could do it, Big G should have been able to.

That all may just be overcomplicating it though - after all it might be as simple as teleporting his guns into our hands instead or stealing them with any number of stealing perks.
>>
>>47693715
She has to actually see them being used.
>>47693738
He doesn't have control over dimensions. He has control over vectors, and Raildex teleportation relies on vectors as well.
>>
>>47693737
She can copy skills and powers. Just because she isn't shown to copy powers from completely separate works of fiction doesn't mean her abilities will somehow not work on others.
>>
>>47693672
>Dog Talisman

Lolnopes all fatal damage, isn't brought up when talking about over powered shit.

If it wasn't for the fact that fatal damage for many jumpers doesn't even include being reduced to a single cell that would be a must have item.
>>
>>47693715
She can only copy abilities that a normal (by her universe's standards) human can do. So Skills and Abnormalities, but no Minuses. That should probably apply to a lot of out of jump powers, meaning that your strongest stuff would be out of her reach.
>>
>>47693745
Big G in this universe is only Big G on his seat. When he stepped off, he stopped being Big G and just became g.

>>47693752
>See
Nope. By the climax of the series, or just before, she only needs to hear about them to copy, master and improve them.

>>47693777
She's copied plenty of minuses. Read the god damn series man.
>>
>>47693781
When has she ever been shown to be able to use Minuses?
>>
>>47693792
Chapter 169 I believe. When she outright tells us she has copied all the minuses encountered so far, including All Fiction.
>>
>>47693730
>>47693737
>>47693752
I wasn't going to say anything because I find the current topics boring and I'm tired, but >>47693777
is correct and >>47693758 is wrong, she explicitly can't copy eiher Ajimu or Ihiko and they're the in-universe outside context problems
>>
>>47693781
Wait, really? I've read it, but I haven't kept up in a while. Did she get the ability to copy Minuses at some point? Don't I feel like a fool, now. Well, game's over, Medaka will kill us all.
>>
>>47693773
I took that item as part of my uber unkillable plan but then I realized that it would do fuckall since there was so little that could kill me in the first place.

Something going to turn me to ash? Nope still not enough for it to proc.
>>
>>47693806
>>47693792
Minuses are still defined as what regular people can achieve in series, though.
>>
>>47693773
Well, I know what I'm picking up.
>>
>>47693808
She's noted as copying over 100 of Ajimu's skills. Holy fuck did you guys just watch the anime or something?
>>
>>47693745
>I'm just very careful around conceptual weapons
There are jumps that provide those, and no worries anon you can do it.

Ennis had to backtrack on cassidy and big G there is not as strong without the chair.

Maybe it is you who decides the "mark"
>>
>>47693814
Like a lot of things in Medaka Box she just says she can while something else is happening.

It's like how Ajimu says she has a Become God skill that evidently doesn't do anything against having a rubber band flicked at you by Ihiko.

Ihiko was Saitama before Saitama was famous, except sorta evil.
>>
>>47693715
Stuff that you don't do.

Luck perks, "chances of something saving you ass" perks, Items, companions...

Not sure if it's only limited to in-jump stuff like abnormalities tho.
>>
>>47693828
Not all of them though, and my point about Ihiko stands.

No, I did not just watch the anime. It's just been a fucklong time since I've read Conceptual Chuuni Powerwanking: The Series That Forgot It Was Supposed To Be A Parody.
>>
>>47693823
And when she copied some of Ajimu's powers? The only being she hasn't copied from is Lihiko, whose power is being immune to powers.

>>47693841
Yet another person who hasn't read the series. Lihiko's power is being immune to everything and some other stuff about breaking everything permanently, even attacks against him. Is she Omnipotent? No, doesn't mean she's not Nigh-Omnipotent instead.
>>
>>47693853
She hasn't seen or heard all of them, which is the requirement her power has. Please actually read my posts. And yes, it is still a parody. The only ones who don't treat it that way are the fans and communities like, oh, this place?
>>
>>47693858
See >>47693853, and again-some. Not all.

Also it's funny a "nigh-omnipotent" would be worried about the moon falling on the Earth.
>>
>>47693858
Bullshit. If stuff in that series was actually something other than hyperbole, then why was it such a big fucking deal if Medaka could run in a straight line at Mach 1? Surely, with such amazing powers she would have gotten from Ajimu she would have been able to go faster.
>>
>>47693870
Fair enough. It's late, my memory's bad, I find it difficult to take the setting seriously and so here I am. I still think it's a total NFL to assume she can copy stuff that runs on sources of energy that don't exist outisde her reality though.

Oh good, I thought I was the only one who's aware what a pile of deliberately dumb bullshit it's supposed to be here.
>>
File: 1459354312101.gif (3 MB, 380x272) Image search: [Google]
1459354312101.gif
3 MB, 380x272
>>47693814
>"As her Abnormality has developed, Medaka can now learn abilities based off of information or word-of-mouth and can now copy Minuses, successfully learning Five Forks from only a secondhand description. Throughout her time at Hakoniwa, Medaka has also managed to learn Encounter, Scar Dead, Ice Fire, Unknown Hero, Mother's Task, Book Maker, All Fiction, and a portion of Ajimu's quadrillion skills."

I'm gonna assume she can't copy jumper skills since they aren't in-universe abnormalities but what in the fucking fuck is this even

Also are there any anti-copy perks?
>>
>>47693910
It's the inevitable outcome of a shounen that parodies shounens like Raildex. "Oooh no, here comes Goddess-san who's double triple super omnipotent! But lo-it is Protagonist-kun, who rips apart her body with his special move: Plot Armor Punch! H-hayai!"

Seriously though, it's literally the same idea as One Punch Man but applied to conceptual powers instead of sticking a flightless Kryptonian in a toku setting.
>>
>>47693825
If you want to be extra unkillable you need a way to maintain the effect of the item when not carrying it or get an ability that keeps your stuff from being stolen.
>>
>>47693910
Worthy of Legend from Xena/Hercules is the one I use. You can't be copied unless you give permission. Applies to more than just power copying, too, makes it easy for people to see through attempts to impersonate you.
>>
>>47693910
>Also are there any anti-copy perks?
yesh, one in Young Justice and another in Xena/Hercules jump

Its fun when you lolnope someone who wants to grapple you to seize your powers
>>
>>47693882
>Point about Lihiko
She can't use her power on the guy immune to powers? So your an idiot as well as someone who hasn't read the series. Great.

>Worried about the moon falling
When? After she died and wasn't even mentioned when Fukurou dropped the moon? You're just making shit up now. It's embarassing.

>>47693891
Because Medaka didn't gain all of her powers, only 100 of her trample skills were shown, and the rest of her powers are generally conceptual hax, not physical enhancement. Why don't you try reading the series again eh?

>>47693909
No worries. The series isn't really meant to be taken super serious, aside from maybe the climax and a few other moments. You can think it's NLF if you want, but I'm sure you'd also be applying that to every single ability in the chain that isn't explicitly noted as working on like things in other settings too. Just to be fair right?

>>47693910
See the above about applying your assumptions to all abilities in all jumps then. Only fair right?
>>
>>47693910
Young justice, Agitations field makes you immune to powers, JAM aura from RWBY can interfere with powers, 40K blanks' null field can interfere with some powers, Marvel comics can make a power like that
>>
File: image.jpg (534 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
534 KB, 1000x700
>>47693752
Well if you consider Super Spin akin to Imagine Breaker, and from what I remember Imagine Breaker > Accelerator. I know it's not a perfect comparison.
>>
>>47693962
>I'm sure you'd also be applying that to every single ability in the chain that isn't explicitly noted as working on like things in other settings too. Just to be fair right?

Yeah, I do actually. Sue me, makes sense shit goes loco when multiple realities coexist.

I like OPM more than Medaka because even though it's a same premise, the characters are overall nicer people and the thing about Saitama is-his strangth isn't actually infinite. He just had the misfortune to be born in the wrong genre to have a good fight in.
>>
>>47693962
>See the above about applying your assumptions to all abilities in all jumps then. Only fair right?
What does NLF stand for?
>>
>>47694005
No limits fallacy.
>>
>>47693970
>Well if you consider Super Spin
Not sure.....

SS could get past the Jesus barrier. And is basically time-space fuckery. But it does move on vectors and Accelerator is not stopping it...
>>
>>47693997
That's great. I'm honestly happy you do, it's far too often to just see hypocrites using that argument to get the good stuff while avoiding the dangers. Many kudos.

>OPM
I find they both have their strong suits. OPM was a parody from the start, where Medaka jumped genre a few times and only settled into parody halfway through. Keeping that in mind, it's a bit easier to swallow. Still, the OPM anime is a million times better then MB's anime.
>>
>>47693910
It seems that Medaka needs a feather. . . or pod; after that I should introduce her to Touma, Accelerator, and Fiamma of the Right.
>>
>>47694029
She loses all of her powers when she becomes an adult.
>>
>>47694036
And I can stop her aging cold.
>>
>>47694044
And then the jump limitation comes in.
>>
>>47694044
>All powers learned during this jump which have not been bought by CP are subject to
'growing up', and are lost when your ten years are over. (Maguro and Hitomi, when bought by
CP, thus retain their powers.)
This means powers obtained with ability drain, skill copy, soul steal or other jump
shenanigans, and powers derived from those. For you and your companions, including
companions podded during this jump.

She's still a superhuman being in a tonne of categories, she just loses all her abnormalities and minuses and so on.
>>
>>47694028
Yeah, that attitude's not cool at all. The real tragedy is, I get the impression that because of how I play my Jumper some people think I do indulge in that kind of bullshit when I just RP a lot as someone who's meticulous and paranoid, and put a lot of thought into considering how things interact. I mean heck, latest jump I really tried to emphasise there was some stuff my Jumper couldn't to and how he'd respond to it.

And the OPM anime was one of the few times I'm happy to say the adaptation added more good things to the original source material than it took out. Boros mirroring Saitama's ideal fight dream was GOAT, as was Saitama getting more time to talk to Licenceless Rider. And the OVAs somehow make old geezers and not-Sasuke moe.
>>
>>47694052
Damn, well I have other ways of taking that bullshit for myself.

What are your favorite power copying/stealing combos?
Extreme levels of Charisma, Lip Service, and Sacrificial Bestowment is mine.
>>
Anyone wanna show of Golden Sky Story Jumps? Haven't seen any of that.
>>
>>47694116
>Trying to seduce Accelerator away from the cute. . .
>>
>>47694116
Amazo Backup Memory plus a means of possessing someone plus lots of "do engineering work super fast" perks plus reverse engineering perks. Temporarily take them over, use that to swiftly fire off a bunch of designs for machines that mimic their powers, then user reverse engineering to retain that knowledge after I've let them go. Then tinker with the machines to improve on then, and incorporate them into my body with a tech-absorption power.
>>
>>47694116
agitation Field+fusion Boomer+removed from context, now find Amazo in young justice and eat him, works on any power that isn't magic, and comes with all the Justice league's powers.
>>
>>47694201
You know Amazo Backup Memory only works for your own powers, right?
>>
>>47694148
I am a greedy jumper, that cute would make a good daughteru.
>>
>>47694230
Yes, which is why I'm possessing people in that combo. Their powers will briefly be mine, and therefore be applicable for ABM.
>>
>>47694134
The Influence of Free W-oh wait, so-Drawbacks: Tsukumogami, Kamikakushi, ForeignersX3, An Odd Song Plays…, Baby Boom, (1200)

More drawbacks: Herbivores, Endangered Species, Animal Woes, Depression (1900)

Scenario: The Henge Side (2200)

Henge Form: Jinushi (Free)
Human Transformation (Free)
Old Soul (Free)
Jichinsai (2100)
Guardian of the Earth (1900)
Hyakumonogatari Kaidankai (1600)
Timelessness (1300)
Tourou Nagashi (1200)
Munechika’s Legacy to Future Smiths (900)
Natural Domain (Free)
Aura of Tranquility (700)
Wildlife Habitat (600)
Torii Gate (500)
Shimenawa (400)
The Miko’s Art (0)

Elder Turtle: Yuuka
Shrine Spirit: Elune
The Temp Hire: Elodie
The Summer Student: Nona
The Train Man: Solaire
The Visual Kei Fanatic: Yuugi

To make a long story short: We had an awkward conversation with Asagami Fujino about exactly why we turned into a god of evil as well as whether it was the right thing to do at the time for her sake, suplexed Nyarlathotep, took a wintry spirit on a melancholy road trip while teaching her to play basketball, suplexed Nyarlathotep again, set up a Henge-run ice cream parlour and suplexed Nyarlathotep once more for good measure.
>>
>>47694245
wouldn't you have to end the jump inside them so that it updates for the next jump with you as having those powers?
>>
So do all of people with minuses or abnormalities lose em when they grow up or what?

Because if so, I find that funny. It is literally the jumper being all like "SOON"
>>
>>47694201
Actually the Amazo unit could most likely just copy the power outright. It's not magic and, as a product of science, might be covered in the many abilities the Amazo unit should be able to eat.
So, just pod Amazo during YJ.
>>
>>47694230
Why? If you have the data on how Amazo works why can't you use it on other people's powers? It seems like it would be a better idea for me to kidnap the creator to learn how to build an unrestricted Amazo.
>>
>>47694273
I actually talked to young justice anon and that particular amazo isn't a person and therefore would not require a pod.
>>
>>47694245
Eh, I personally find that to be a bit of a stretch, but you do you, I guess. Whatever.
>>
>>47694259
It makes no mention of that.

>>47694273
Yeah, I know, but I like my more circuitous method. Just more fun for me.
>>
>>47694273
NOW.

Who remembers that one time where Solomon Grundy made Amazo nope the fuck outta dodge?

Can you possibly copy that chaos magic he was using to be able to drain Amazo, and then with anti copying perks just at least attempt to fight Amazo?

Word of God says Amazo was meant to be shown in finale of series, sitting on Asteroid, wondering if it is safe to come back now
>>
>>47694322
No, because that's DCAU Amazo and we don't have a jump for that.
>>
>>47693818
What do you have that can pull you back from ash?
>>
209. Iji
Origin: Anamoly
Perks: Kinda Green, Technical Expertise (-100), Benevolent Architecture (-100), Untouchable (-200), Survivor (-400)
Items: Organ Smasher, Freak Ray (-100), Scanner (-200)
Drawbacks: Clown (+100)

Dinner was ending and Jumpchan had just turned the safety off on the pistol, some sort of semi-automatic. It didn't look like anything I'd ever seen before, except that it looked like every semi-automatic pistol I've ever seen. She lined up her eyes to the sight.
>"Okay, so you're starting the jump dead. Right side or left?"
Isaac and Lina were the only companions to bother showing up for our dinner this time. It was more of my companions than last time. The progress felt nice.
>"Go for the right!"
Lina giggled from across the table, weird cyborg teeth catching a glint of light as she did. She was tipsy on some strange wine we picked up a half dozen worlds ago. I sighed.
>Two in the back of skull, of course. Just like I've always dreamed.
>"Booo!"
Jumpchan began her slow walk around the table. She didn't have to go so slowly, but she was mostly in this for the show. It made sense she'd enjoy seeing me so tense. I'd never died before, but it sounded pretty horrible. She took her time lining up the gun with my brainstem. I didn't even hear the actual shot before I'd died, though. Jumpchan turned to face our dinner guests, who were currently indulging in second deserts.

She pulled out the clown nose and grease paints.

>"You aren't going to force me to get him all dressed up myself, are you?"

Lina practically dove for the nose.
>>
>>47694322
>Who remembers that one time where Solomon Grundy made Amazo nope the fuck outta dodge?
>Can you possibly copy that chaos magic he was using to be able to drain Amazo, and then with anti copying perks just at least attempt to fight Amazo?
>Word of God says Amazo was meant to be shown in finale of series, sitting on Asteroid, wondering if it is safe to come back now

That's Grundy though, you shouldn't use him as a benchmar,He breaks too many rules.
>>47694342
Spyro was working on one, he showed me the WIPs
>>
Wait do we have a PREACHER jump?
>>
>>47694351
Not sure what would let you survive THAT but Omega Healing factor can pull you back from a drop of blood. If you combine that with some serious durability perks and Imagine Breaker there will be at least a hand left of you after pretty much anything.
>>
>>47694412
No. People were talking about the Saint of Killers because he has a cameo as a drawback in the Generic Western jump.
>>
>>47694293
Eh, maybe, but the buyable Amazo tech has a 100% Jump-chan enforced guarantee to work on all 'scientific' superpowers you possess, regardless of what universe you're in.

Whereas the stuff you steal/learn from Dr. Ivo may not. Depending on your interpretation of the multiverse.

I've always been of the opinion that if you buy the relevant SCIENCE! perks than you'd have potential access to whatever tech exists in the setting, but those perks aren't always available.
>>
>>47694422
>Attempt to block planet buster level bullshit with IB.
>Pristine right hand falls on the pile of ashes that used to be the rest of your body.
>>
>>47694429
>Saint of Killers
One of those literally invincible guys right? That can oneshot anything? Can I just sort of... teleport him away from me? Like halfway across the galaxy? Or can he no sell that too?
>>
>>47694472
>> Omega level healing factor lets you grow entire body back from right hand.

Sounds about right
>>
>>47694351
He's probably talking about Anomalous Physiology from SCP.

>The only way to kill you is to destroy you completely, and not even leave a trace of dust, or cellular remains, behind.
>>
>>47694505
Too bad it only works for supernatural stuff, the hand would be gone too if it was a more mundane attack.
>>
>>47694527
that's why you stack the durability
>>
>>47694540
Or get the primal power thing in SMT with hidden depths.

Lets you no-sell one kind of damage at a time.
>>
>>47692655
I'm more concerned about doorknobber frankly.
>>
>>47694540
FISS 5 goes great with that combo, so does that 8-Bit Theater perk that lets you stat swap.
>>
>>47694498
He can't oneshot anything. People often cite the time he killed God, but they forget that God had stepped off the Throne of Heaven at the time and was therefore only extremely powerful instead of genuinely omnipotent. In theory a strong enough jumper could resist his attacks. But yes, avoiding the Saint is probably the best bet. He doesn't have any supernatural means of travel or tracking, just ridiculous determination, if you can get a galaxy between you and him he's very unlikely to get to you during the jump. Not completely impossible, some weird act of God could arrange for it, but it's unlikely.
>>
>>47694553
There is more than one kind of mundane damage.
>>
File: 1460644237577.gif (309 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
1460644237577.gif
309 KB, 300x167
>>47694015
Ah. I can't exactly put into words how I feel about it because it might not be concrete enough and I probably dip in and out of nlf like a drunk driver between lanes, but I'd like to think it's all in the name of making an interesting overall narrative instead of Gary Stu's Bizarre Shopping Spree.
For example going into medaka box as a mid-early chain jumper who thinks they are above it but is quite conceited with their powers and cocksure medaka will never be able to copy them, going in as a minus, only to have medaka copy many of their powers in an early meeting in the minus background. Usually the jumper at this point is rather removed from their backgrounds but this multi-level pride shattering and the stress of the previous jump going to shit basically causes a resonance cascade of butthurt for the jumper and their identity unstably fuses with their minus background, bent on proving they are the better with their powers. In the end minus-jumper-me loses and gets reformed by medaka, which is the humbling he needed as a jumper.
>>
File: Kon wan wan.gif (369 KB, 288x199) Image search: [Google]
Kon wan wan.gif
369 KB, 288x199
>>47693034
Stars have a life cycle, reproduce, and if you consider the solar system around them to be, "theirs," even evolve.
Some of them even seem downright predatory.
I would argue that by extremely broad definition, they are alive.

I do recognizing that that is extremely debatable, though.
If viral organisms are assumed to be non-living objects, then larger objects that rely upon external circumstances to reproduce are much the same.
But then I guess life is just mitosis, under that definition. I find that boring.
>>
>>47694591
Any "humbling" done by the Mary Sue is tainted, anon. If you want to write a plot about that, choose a setting where the person teaching you that your pride is foolish won't be a hypocrite about it. Like Marvel, maybe, there's the classic Spidey "you will never not be in over your head" bit, you could write a story where you learn that from him.
>>
>>47694591
Well, if you really must be top dog, you can grab the lips power, transfer that to Medaka and have her transfer her copy ability to you and then grab lips back. I think it only lasts for the rest of the jump, but you'll be top dog until then.
>>
>>47694625
Well I would think that being an inanimate object would disqualify them in this case.
>>
File: ASchuckle.png (227 KB, 595x496) Image search: [Google]
ASchuckle.png
227 KB, 595x496
>>47694591
Hey, more power to you if it fits your story man.

Though I find it quite ironic to be "reformed" by Medaka considering she was pretty broken herself before taking up the hero gig pretty much because her childhood friend told her.

She was like Scion but with blue hair.

>>47694355
pffft

I was going to ask what actually happened during the jump, but clearly your adventure quotient peaked right at the start.
>>
>>47694625

Their are also several settings where you can find stars that are literally alive
instead of 'you could argue that their kind of sort of alive or at least life like'.
>>
>>47693125
>>47692831

Perhaps a space-manipulating power - a bi-location effect that makes him exist in two places at once. Drop an illusion of something over the duplicate, piss him off, and watch him shoot himself.
>>
>>47694715
How do you think Mirror cap (Kirby) would interact with the bullet's always hits effect. It is a projectile.
>>
File: 1460741675710.gif (594 KB, 220x227) Image search: [Google]
1460741675710.gif
594 KB, 220x227
>>47694678
Well it's not so much reform as getting over being a power hungry jackass. The very act of being 'reformed' by medaka was something jumper-me would be scared of going in knowing the corny-ness of it going in.
Though that's just a story idea prototype because I can't think of what the fuck else I would do in that jump that wouldn't just be lazing around or acquiring money. If anything for my 'humbling' story arc I'd rather go into assassination classroom very early on.
>>
>>47692831
Get the Transporter power from Worm, target the opposite side of the planet from the Saint of Killers. Or Transporter one of his own bullets to his own head.
>>
>>47694579
Then chose the worst.

If you fight a pyrokinetic block fire and deal with the explosive force.

If you fight a martial artist block strike and deal with the rest

If you get shot with a giant lazer block whatever the laser is supposed to be and deal with the heat or whatever.

Less damage is less damage.
>>
>>47693773
Was demonstrated to have an upper limit by the time Shendu got a huge chunk blasted out of his torso while he had the Dog. Can't recall the exact nature of the attack but it was fairly excessive.
>>
>>47694261
Everyone except like two people who predate the flask plan.
>>
>>47694670
They seem rather animated to me.
But again, I'm well aware that it's officially wrong.
I just find the thought entertaining.
>>
>>47694793
Wet Boys can get a lolnope immunity to Heat and Fire or Metal.
>>
>>47694817
But then they have to take, /that/ jump...
>>
>>47694796
The thing about the Dog Talisman is that it only works on fatal damage, it does fuckall to stop an attack unless it would have been fatal. For Shendu that is quite a bit.
>>
>>47694775
I don't want to even what to see Medaka from afar. The plot works out? Perfect, i'll take my non-sighted drop-in ass and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

Be on my way to Canada(Mexico) were the chunnybyou cannot find me.

Same as Raildex.

There's shit even I don't want to deal with.
>>
>>47694833
wut jampu
>>
>>47694833
You say that like there is something wrong with that one.
>>
>>47694838
That is my response to Scion.
>>
>>47694834
It acts on any damage but still causes pain. There are multiple times where the Dog was used to avoid certainly less than lethal attacks. It's a decent defensive item, but it's nowhere near true invulnerability.
>>
>>47694926
When did it stop non fatal damage?
>>
>>47693329
Pick up Number-man or simply have some symbiote doing calculations. Proceed to punch him like a fucking surgeon, since wth both of those figuring out where his Aim field is will be a peice of cake.
Number man alone will tell you the moment something hits his barrier, the distance the barrier is to him, and when to pull your fist back so you can bypass the effects.
>>
>>47694952
Pretty much every time it was used. There's never any indication of the users being damaged aside from pain or losing conciousness, except for the time with Shendu losing a large chunk of his torso. Heck, its introductory episode had Uncle trading blows with Hak Foo and being in perfect shape afterwards aside from being buried in bricks.

Would recommend looking at the other Talismans. None of them have absolute effects, so trying to wank a single particular one as being completely perfect is just plain stupid.
>>
>>47694902
Indeed.

But first we save the mouse.

And kill Jack Sparrow

That should give us like 15 years if WoG actually said that
>>
>>47695028
Danger sense + long range teleportation.
>>
>>47694571
He can one-shot literally everything but an omnipotent being. He kills the devil and all of God's angels.
>>
>>47695079
Out of context problem, man.
>>
>>47693773
>>47693818
It's a great bit of insurance early on, and later you can give it to a companion or someone in your current jump you want to keep alive.
>>
>>47694134
>Golden Sky Stories - 442
Path: Henge
Background: Nichijou (Black Cat)

The Influence of Free Will: Pacifistic (+150 CP), Bigger Than You Thought (+200 CP), Tsukumogami (+200), Kamikakushi (+200), Foreigners (+400), Atmosphere (+100) (Midsummer Fire Festival and Valentine’s Day), Bousouzoku (+100)
Drawbacks: Endangered Species (+200)
Scenario: All Things In Nature (+300)

Final Point Count: 1,850
Perks:
-Henge Form (Free)
-Human Transformation (Free)
-Every Little Thing (Free)
-Dear My Friend
-For The Moment
-Face the Change
-Old Soul
-Tourou Nagashi
-Blessing of the Spirits x2

Companions and Equipment:
-Natural Domain (Free)
--Atmosphere
--Natural Elements x4
--Shimenawa
-Henge Friends (300 CP)
>>
>>47695044
Problem with Scion happening is that Teylor goes insane and starts brainwashing people with her author powers
>>
>>47695154
>Atmosphere (+100) (Midsummer Fire Festival and Valentine’s Day)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJac6OykfM
>>
http://pastebin.com/mnZh4ibG

Noumenon update. Not much but I added two Denizen perks. Would like input on the direction this is going in.
>>
>>47692831
With enough gun.

The only reason that fucker can't die is because he was updated to be an angel, and the only reason he can kill anything is because of his guns. Disarm him with the method of your choice. If you can get his guns away, you're safe; if you have a weapon that can kill an angel, you're sound.

Also important to note that the cosmology of that universe is kinda screwed up.
>>
>>47694116
Rather than pick up the Amazo perk. I simply read Professor Ivo's mind with Omega Telepathy. Doing this I know knew how to make robots that can copy/utilize supernatural powers other thn my own.Incorpating magi-tech into the robots themselves wont be an issue via miniaturization.

These can later be internalized by me using my gestalt of bio-engineering perks, and later upgrade my companions with gear that has portions of copied powers.
>>
>>47694527
Magic must defeat Magic from Jackie Chan + any kind of magical or supernatural shield no-sells mundane attacks no matter their strength.
>>
>>47695171
>Not read thread
>Make update with Minotaur perk
>Read thread
>Saint of Killers is being discussed

This is coincidence I swear.
>>
>>47695171
So are these supposed to be perks then? What is with the curse deal? All in all it feels like shopping at the devil's antique store in rick&morty where everything is a monkey's paw. If that' the case, I'd rather just not.
>>
>>47695247
No, bad. That one is worse than IB when it comes to starting Powerwanker VS Nerfwhore arguments. Don't mention that perk.
>>
>>47695276
The Curses are optional drawbacks that discount the perks. I guess I'll put a note up at the top next time.
>>
>>47695247
>> any kind of magical or supernatural shield no-sells mundane attacks no matter their strength

and where exactly would one get something like that?
>>
>>47695371
See>>47695278, don't start this again please.
>>
>>47695391
actually I'm pointing out that his combo is flawed because I do not believe there is anything like that
>>
>>47695425
Magic must Defeat Magic (Jackie Chan)
>>
>>47695425
The Idea he has is that a magic barrier used by someone with Magic Must Defeat Magic could not be penetrated by mundane means. It tends to start long pointless arguments between the Powerwankers and the Nerfwhores, the topic is best left alone.
>>
>>47695452
>Powerwanker: This perk can do all that and a bag of chips

>Nerfwhore: No that perk does fuckall and is completely worthless

>Both: *Bitch* *Moan* *Endless bullshit that amounts to nothing and contains no arguments*

Do not start this argument again, every time this perk is brought up it starts the above shitstorm spread across half a thread and sometimes into the next one.
>>
>>47695535
isn't that like every perk though?
>>
>>47695604
To some extent yes but this one can get really bad, recently it has become the new Imagine Breaker now that they have calmed down a little on that one.
>>
>>47695604
>isn't that like every perk though?
No, Generic Magical Girl’s Nothing To See Here should be safe.
>>
>>47695171
I wouldn't waste my time. You got a nice grab bag of perks but I highly suspect that's all it will be for just about everyone here. No one even knows enough about this setting to give a shit and just looking at things all you'd be doing is feeding power players.
>>
>>47695162
Explain, anon. I don't follow Worm that much.

I though Taylor only controls bugs or that the story was over
>>
>>47695747
Taylor has her power changed to work on anything, including people, but with a much shorter range. She gets a hold of a portal maker, uses them to extend her range, gathers a bunch of capes with it, and sends them on a mass suicide run to take down Scion.
>>
>>47695747
Everything goes to shit courtesy of Scion and Panacea (the biokinetic) drops her compulsion with messing with brains at Tay-Tay's urging.

She fiddles and expands the power-related coronas Parahumans have and makes Taylor's powers work on anything with a mind while causing her to go insane. She gets control of Doormaker and Clairvoyant and bodyjacks EVERYONE in the multiverse who has powers.
>>
>>47695779
Whoo boy,

Do her powers go back to normal? Are there any people immune to her?

Is this actually a strategy that worked against Scion or it was as poorly thought of as it sounds and there was a better way but Taylor was being stupid?
>>
>>47695747

For the most part >>47695779 and
>>47695789 are right, but there slightly wrong about Taylor's power upgrade.

There are a few beings that it still doesn't work on, or that she basically went "Nope not even going to try despite the apocalypse".
>>
>>47695789
Not everyone. Things insufficiently meat don't fall under her sway, and she purposely ignores her friends.

>>47695809
She gets some handgun brain surgery after the doormakers power runs out.

And the strategy worked. It worked astoundingly well. The real reason they couldn't take out Scion was that they were still too factionalized to put up a proper offense. She changed that.
>>
>>47695171
>>47695304
Noted. Given that I only have one piece of the elephant here as it were, my comments and questions will be about that. So given these are discounts will there be no origins? Will these perkbacks stack with origin discounts if they exist or not? On jump direction, it feels somewhat abstract and disjointed. Not familiar with source material, but it's a bit all over the place is how it feels. Perks are mostly solid but I do have questions.

Primordial Alphabet: Might want to clarify given as it is, it's possible to go into a work of fiction and power grab. Which is a return to the libriomancer debacle.

Sophia: So does it work with other training perks? If I read this right the intent is to tie together practice for multiple things and see how they connect, where they are similar, and how to cross apply what you can do effectively. Solid perk if so, I like it.

Mother's Son: So is this meant to help resolve a ship of theseus issue?

Keep off the grass: Criminal scum senses tingling. Might want to be a bit more clear on what vicinity entails for range.

Scorpio: So by raw I could end death, speed up political processes, halt the orbit of a celestial body, and break the cycle of religions coming about or spreading? Might need to specify a bit more here, although the fluff wasn't bad at all.

Lepidopterrarium: So if I go digging around in ruins for the spear of destiny, it comes up as fresh and minty as the day it was crafted or not at all?

The Ballroom: Dancing skills included?

Reality Spasms: Might be best to just remove it. Too random to be off use with arbitrary range/effects.

Surgineers: So does this only work on mental/physical concepts? As it is this is rather open ended such as making someone indestructible by removing the concept of destruction from them, or invulnerable by removing harm.

The Minotaur: But can it crack the defense of the mystery surrounding why ASA and kids love cinnamon toast crunch?
>>
>>47695837
How great were the losses though and CAN Scion nullify powers from other jumps or you can use that to fuck him over?

Also, read wiki a bit. So her powers were short range then but Clairvoyant located all People with powers while Doormaker opened portals next to them but also near Taylor?

>>47695837
What do you mean by handgun gun surgery.

And do her powers keep you affected after you get out of range of at that point her control breaks?

Would mind protecting perks save you?
>>
>>47695912
1. I mean literal handgun brain surgery to target the corona pollentia and stop her going insane, at the cost of her power. It was conducted by Contessa, whose power is the basis for the Path to Victory.

2. Her range is about 16 feet, and she can't affect anyone outside her range. You don't stay affected if you leave that area.

3. Take My Name Is Jake from Animorphs and you should be fine. Or just be a robot if you have an alt-form for that.
>>
>>47695912
He nullifies Shard-based powers using some internal frequency bullshit after asking the Shard what's up. No clue if he could do it with OCP stuff by studying it enough.

That is correct.

Contessa shot Taylor in the head in the end. She may have died and gone to the afterlife, or maybe it just turned off her powers because lol Path to Victory hax and she was dropped off in a locked-away Earth. I didn't keep up with that stuff once it ended so I really don't know.

No psionics in Worm. It's extradimensional bodily manipulation and power hijacking, rather than actual mind alteration. Not making the call on how that works out.
>>
Bit more fleshed out than what I had yesterday. Has companion descriptions and so on.

First part is not really even close to done but let me know what companions you'd go for and what you think of how this is shaping up.

General comments and suggestions are great as the format is obviously irregular/not a standard jump so I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing.
>>
>>47695912
>CAN Scion nullify powers from other jumps
Theoretically, some of them.
There's a canon Parahuman who can tweak the laws of physics in her area, so there's precedent for Scion to possibly have the ability to fuck up SOME powers.
He probably couldn't touch your magical/spiritual/non-SCIENCE powers, though.
>>
>>47696031
It's some king knock of LoT jump but in Elder Scrools World I like it.
>>
>>47696031
Is it possible to knock multiple people/all of them out and wait for them to wake up or will they still just be bloodthirsty? Hircine did say that whoever survives will join you, and trying to talk to them through the bloodrage won't work. So it stands to reason if you can knock them all out you can bring those (willing) to come along. Saying/doing are two separate things of course, but I'd like to confirm just in case.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.