[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post underutilized settings >Not running an Americana game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Post underutilized settings

>Not running an Americana game set during autumn with light fantasy/occult elements
>>
>>47690799
~ the loveliest lies of all ~
>>
>>47690799
My mom has at least 20 puzzles from that guy.
>>
something i've always wondered, are those pumpkins edible ? i've been under the impression that the modern halloween pumpkins are inedible and just for decoration (save for the seeds, that i know some people roast and eat)

is the "old time" pumpkin a different kind? has there always been another sort of pumpkin that you actully eat(such as butternut) only that the image of pumpkins has been overtaken by the inedible ones or am i infact, wrong, and the modern "halloween" pumpkins are actully totally edible?
>>
>>47690799
>not running a Where's Fucking Waldo? game
>not running a When The Fuck is Carmen Sandiego? game
>>
>>47692254
Modern pumpkins are totally edible. ...They taste like crap, but they're edible.
>>
>>47692216
So this is what they call it now
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (488 KB, 1002x1950) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
488 KB, 1002x1950
>>47692290
It's what they've called it for a while.

Epic cuck meme tho
>>
>>47690799
Game set during the south american age of colonization with fantastic elements. Not talking about mayinaztec, but bandeirantes going deep into the continent, fighting blemmyes for gold, communities of preachers which blend too much with the natives right where the silver's at, hidden citadels of fugitive slaves, dutch attack, human tribes which sleep outside in the snow, dolphin incubus, exotic arrows, gryphons, mapinguaris eating people and the local dragons, M'boitatás.
>>
>>47692254
the general term is "gourd", not "pumpkin". and pumpkin is entirely edible as >>47692277 said.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucurbitaceae
also as anon said, pumpkin is crap, butternut is good, winter melon is strictly better than cuckumber, jack fruit is crap, melons are great, kool-aide pickles are best.
>>
>>47690799
historical games with no fantasy elements
>>
>>47694122
I would, but it takes a rare mixture of people who have at least a rough knowledge of the period, and are not going to nitpick it to death.

That's basically why I quit running the Forgotten Realms, which I'd loved since I got the gray box set in the 90s... one of my players read a bunch of the novels and the big 3e encyclopedia version and started dictating the setting to me.
>>
>>47690799
My players only want pseudo Medieval. ;_;
>>
>>47692254

Generally, for cooking, you don't want pumpkins that are big enough to carve into a jack-o-lantern. They tend to be super fucking stringy and shit. Smaller ones aren't as stringy and are generally better for things like pumpkin pie.
>>
File: 1-rocinha[1].jpg (282 KB, 450x292) Image search: [Google]
1-rocinha[1].jpg
282 KB, 450x292
Rocinha Slums.
>>
>>47690799

Perfect setting for a Hunter game. Werewolves, ghosts, mages, and all manner of Native American weirdness would fit.
>>
The siege of Sarajevo. Tragic, gritty, brutal, ignored by nearly world powers govs.

>>47693953
Cucurbitaceae is one of my favourite words since childhood.
>>
>>47694122
>>47694373
Anyone ever play no-magic alt-world settings? Sort of... I guess speculative anthropology/sociology based stuff? There might be a lot more room to not be nitpicked there, even among people who know their shit.
>>
>>47690799
Maybe it's just because I'm American or something, but Brazil has always struck me as being a pretty good place for a cyberpunk setting, and yet I've never once heard of a sci-fi game that takes place in, features or at all even mentions Brazil.
>>
File: spaghettisquash.png (696 KB, 908x678) Image search: [Google]
spaghettisquash.png
696 KB, 908x678
>>47694454
>They tend to be super fucking stringy and shit

Oh boy wait until you get your hands on a Spaghetti Squash
>>
I like to use the frozen north, with some survival and makeshift rudimentary crafting elements. Fits any level of technology.
>>
>>47698032
Yeah, but you can actually eat those strings, and they taste like pasta; hence the name.
>>
>>47690799
>Americana game set during autumn with light fantasy/occult elements
I too want to participate in an Over the Garden Wall campaign some day.

>>47697874
In a similar vein, a friend and I got really drunk and watched a bunch of Initial D one night and we brainstormed this fucking crazy idea for a near-future cyberpunk setting based in Mumbai in the aftermath of the World Cup. The only things I really remember are that nearly all gang disputes are settled with street racing, police badges are currency, there is a cult centered around worshipping David Beckham and custom modified Google Glasses that you can hook up to a camera on your gun for improved aim.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.