[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generate a tech-priest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1
File: Tech-Priest_2.jpg (93 KB, 488x1275) Image search: [Google]
Tech-Priest_2.jpg
93 KB, 488x1275
The noble servants of the machine god are all that stand between the imperiums throngs and a life of scratching barehanded in the dirt to grow food instead of plying the stars.

Let is call forth one of these priests and learn their story.

>roll 1d100 for gender
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>47688093
Oh I love these tables.
>>
>>47688093
Rolling!

>>47688112
Never mind. Sweet 100, anon!
>>
>>47688112

>Neither/Both/Unknown/No Longer Applicable. The majority of Tech-Priests who reach any kind of seniority have long passed the point where they can reliably be assigned a gender, if such a concept even matters any more.

Looks like that was just another piece of mere mortality we threw away. No great loss, really.

>roll 1d100 for age
>>
>>47688133
Eh, that's one of the less interesting rolls to get. As I think it's 60-100 genderless, and there are way cooler things I could have rolled that 100 on later on in the tables. Of course, these might not be the same tables I'm thinking of.
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>47688140

>>47688163
So, the one time we didn't want a 100?
>>
>>47688180
Pretty much, but thems is the dice.
>>
>Venerable (500-1000). By now a Tech-Priest may be (in)famous and have cemented their reputations. They have almost certainly become quite eccentric over their long lives.

Enemies of the machine god come. Enemies of the machine god go. We remain.

>roll 1d100 for which division of the mechanicus we serve.
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>47688281
>>
>>47688093
Where is the table, boss?
>>
>>47688327
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1953.0

This is where I know it from.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>47688296
>Genetor Master of genetic manipulation and matters biological. Their influence is subtle but widespread in the domains of Man, as it often falls to them to ensure the multitudes of humanity are fed and free from disease. They are also responsible for the cloning of servitors, workers and warriors, and even for matters relating to Astartes geneseed.

Flesh is our pallet. We will craft it such that within our sight, its weakness will never be permitted to fail the sacred machines.

>i'm going to roll 1d3. roll that many d100s for our specializations
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>47688334
Thanks.
>>47688350
Rolling.
>>
>>47688350
One is gay. Two makes it way more interesting, because you have to figure out how they work together.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>47688369

fine, roll one more. we'll do d2+1 for the other 1-3 rolls table.
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>47688377
>>
>>47688366
>>47688414

> Psychologis: Psychology
> Orbologis: Planetary Sciences

Stabilizing the minds of some poor fool? on it. Stabilizing a planetary orbit? on it.

>roll 1d100 for what religions philosophy we adhere to.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>47688425
Tubes for the Tube God.
>>
>>47688444

>Ultra-Orthodox: The Tech-Priest is a fanatical adherent to the 16 Universal Laws of the Omnissiah and treats Adeptus Mechanicus Dogma as inerrant and unbreakable. Such an individual would never even study an item of xenos technology or the plans for an A.I., much less build or operate one.

You better believe we follow the goddam rules. And all the other fuckers up in our grill better follow them too.

>roll1d100 for our current station
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>47688482
Are we crops or are we gene-seed?
>>
>looked at one of the results
>Meme Delusion: Has trouble telling reality from fantasy
I am holding my sides together.
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d2 + 1)

>>47688494

>Major Forge World: The Tech-Priest operates on one of the Mechanicus' great Forge Worlds, perhaps even Mars itself. It is here the Mechanicus work their greatest wonders, and the best and brightest among their ranks can be found hard at work.

Ah, standing on the endless dunes of rust, gazing up at the towering manufactorums dotting the landscape, beneath the grimy yellow sky. Truly, this is a paradise world.

>im gonna roll a d2+1. you roll that many d100s for major augmentations.
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>47688549
I hope we get something practical.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>47688563

2nd one
>>
>>47688584
So we have another nigga's mind in our mind and funky legs? We're an odd man aren't we?
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d2 + 1)

>>47688563
>>47688584

>Unusual Locomotion: The Tech-Priest has forsaken their organic legs and opted for wheels, treads, suspensors, or something truly bizarre.
>Rite of Duplessence: The Tech-Priest has had the brain of another Tech-Priest implanted into their body, theoretically doubling their intellect and literally doubling their personalities.

We have a friend! The closest of friends! Forever! seriously though, this guys a dick

Also crazylegs.

>im going to roll d2+1 again. roll that many d100 for derangements.
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>47688620
Let's see what funk we got playing in our mind. We need art of this techie.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>47688634
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>47688658
And the last one.
>>
We're a manic sadist that loves books. Just great.
>>
>>47688634
>>47688658

>Manic Episodes: The Tech-Priest undergoes periods of manic activity, which may be triggered or random, and may last anywhere from a few hours to weeks at a stretch.
> Bibliomania: The Tech-Priest hoards books and data beyond what would be considered normal even for a high ranking member of Mechanicus, their irrational fascination with recorded data driving them to perform outlandish acts to acquire new ones.

Frankly, I am fucking surprised we managed to remain orthodox if we're manically consuming all the data we can find as fast as two brains can consume it.

>>47688671
But I only rolled two! well alright, fuck it.

>Sadism: The Tech-Priest is needlessly cruel to other living beings, positively relishing a chance to inflict suffering on those they deem under their power.

told you our special friend was a dick.

>finally roll a d100 to find out what resource is at our command.
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>47688701
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>47688701
Maybe we're trying to gather all of the data the Omnissiah has to offer?
>>
So maybe one mind, "our" mind, just wants to collect and compile research, and to help he loaded up another brain. But all the brain wants to do is kill shit
>>
I want to seduce a warship's machine spirit and maintain a loving and stable relationship (hurr) with her for all eternity.
>>
>>47688737
Maybe our mind wants the data, and other mind wants to expirement and see the data?
>>
>>47688737
>>47688757
Maybe both.
>>
>>47688713

>Air Leviathan: A titanic aircraft used for industry, research or warfare

Now that's interesting. what wold an extremely well read psychology specialized generator be doing in a plane?

aresolized gene therapy to keep the un servitored labor obedient?
>>
Heading to bed. Don't let the thread die.
>>
>>47688766
He also specializes in planetary physics. So maybe he does research into how astrological phenomenon affects people's minds?
>>
>>47688763
>why read books on anatomy when you can SEE it
>I really don't think that's a good idea...
>nobody will miss those thralls, just cut them up quickly and nobody will know
>>
>>47688800
>research
We said ultra-orthodox earlier.
>>
>>47688819
Ultra-orthodox can do research, they just can't make anything new technology wise.
>>
>>47688744
That would make a cool NPC for a rogue trader game.
>>
>>47688838
Oh, well I guess then I have to rethink this. Okay.

He's studying the applications of retroviral weapons on the human cognitive mind. "How to servitor-ize your enemies with a cough."
Neurochemical injectors are last year.
>>
So we got one brain that specializes in psychology, another brain for planetary science, and we're prone to long bouts of mania as the brains get out of sync with their wake/sleep cycles and we're up for days doing mad science that ignores things like safety protocols for test subjects because that would taint the results, right?.

And, we should have creepy spider legs so we can scuttle around on our giant airship.
>>
>>47688800

>descends occasionally to pick up volunteers/prisoners/nearby servitors
>flys them back up to the edge of the atmosphere
>performs high altitude experiments that are basically torture until they mentally shatter
>use their mastery of psychology to fix them
>repeat until it dies
>record data

The whole ship is automated so they're basically alone up there with a bunch of screaming and moaning subjects in various states of repair. They used to fill their time talking to themselves and reading but as a master of psychology realized it was unhealthy, so they implanted a second brain so they could talk to "themselves" and read instead.
>>
>>47688971

>>47688904
the second(planetary science) brain is a fundamentally nice dude and all the torture is what makes them flip out. They keep trying to kill the subjects to put them out of their misery, and also because they convert the corpses into observatory servitors that record the movement of the astrological bodies of the system. Enormously accurate recordings actually, from this high altitude above the smog.

this definitely isn't a conflict of interest for their acts of mercy, no sir.
>>
What the fuck is this
>>
>>47689287
40keks kind arbite anon
>>
>>47692316

Speculate more or bust out another generator (this guy's skitarii minions maybe?) dont just bump.
>>
>>47694306
What other generator?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.