[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ORKSORKSORKSORKS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 680x680
Do orks every build or invent anything truly unique in the galaxy? Like inventions or scientific principles (if orks could understand it anyways) that no race ever pondered? If an ork was left alone with no influence from outside races would it invent plasma weapons or do they just build what's imprinted in their DNA or loot ad infinitum?
>>
>>47686677
They had a unique type of plasma tek that hasn't been seen since.

Which is strange as i thought all ork mek boys remember what others built.
>>
>>47688600
It could be that the mekboy thought so far out of the box that the plasma idea couldn't be comprehended by others. Orks have a mental kinship but they aren't exactly a hive mind. That's my guess anyway.
>>
>>47688600
A plasma powered by the WAAAGH!!!? A sort of plasmork?
>>
>>47688600
I would like to know more
>>
Shokk Attakk Gun, Tellyporta
>>
>>47688600
They remember more the larger waaagh they're part of.

Thraka's new one will probably cause the return of a lot of long unseen orkteknologee
>>
>>47688600

That plasma could have been Old One technology. If so, pre-fall Eldar may have had access to it.
>>
>>47690149
just deal with the fact that mekboys are REALLY. FUCKING. INVENTIVE.
>>
>>47690185

Well I never ruled out it being a purely Ork invention, just noted that the possibility of it being Old One technology exists.
>>
I do not think Orks have anything strictly unique in terms of tech, their whole idea is they take from everything else and put their own spin on it. As such Meks don't really build crazy shit on their own if they have no inspiration, even Gargants are inspired by Titans, but made in Gork and Mork's images. If you leave an Ork Mek alone with no influence from outside races, he would probably make very basic tech, shootas, maybe a trukk or two, but outside that it would just be a lot of tinkering with useless machinery.

However Orks are very good at taking inspiration and doing it better, like teleportation, Orks have THE best teleportation tech out of any race in 40k.
>>
>>47690331
too bad that's not really reflected in the tabletop
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.