[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some advice /tg/. My friend is going to run a game in 3.5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: minion trivialities.png (108 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
minion trivialities.png
108 KB, 600x500
Need some advice /tg/. My friend is going to run a game in 3.5 with any splatbooks. Problem is I don't usually play d&d. Can anyone offer me advice on how to make a mage or alchemist that blows shit up. let me stress here I really just want to be able to blow shit up. its not going to be a high level campaign so I dont need any versatility

TL;DR tell me ways in which I can optimize my character for blowing shit up in D&D 3.5
>>
>3.5
>Spellcaster
>How to blow shit up

Yeah. Okay. Step 1: Make a spellcaster.

There are no more steps.
>>
What level?
>>
>>47684953
any splatbooks which are better for explosions than the vanilla spells?
>>
Blowing shit up never really gets particularly more complex than core books from what I remember. Wands are probably the most effective way to spam shit since 50 charges can go a long way

If magic items don't suit you and you don't care about digging through books the two classes that come to mind for spammy shit are warlock (complete arcane) and dragonfire adept (dragon magic). Both are basically built around the idea of a class with a magical attack they can use at will with dragonfire adept being breath style attacks and warlock being mostly ranged touch attacks
>>
>>47685035
If i remember correctly artificer is bullshit also would be able to make wands to spam correct?
>>
>>47685102
I completely forgot about them since I never play Ebberon, but that's correct. They're actually THE way to do that
>>
>>47684920
Play a Tome of Battle class or PsyWar

Have fun without breaking the campaign
>>
Being obscenely wealthy is the best way to Demoman in d&d. (Being a caster class is the best way to obscenely wealthy, or bypass the need for wealth in the first place).

Step 1) acquire holes
Step 2) put hole everywhere
Step 3) put holes in those holes
Step 4) get asked to leave by your DM
>>
>>47685138
its note worthy that psionics are about the only thing ive been told no to so far
>>
>>47685218
Ignoring whatever weird shit he was recommending (A psion is fine. Psychic Warrior is for melee stuff mostly) psionics are a good way to do the "blaster" thing, but there's not much you can do if your DM is one of those DMs that has an unreasonable hatred of psionics
>>
>>47685218
>Ban psionics because they're OP
>Tier 1 spellcasters are fine though

I suppose that's to be expected from a DM who still insists on playing old 3.5.
>>
When you cast magic missile, yell "BOOM"
>>
File: portable hole arrowhead.gif (35 KB, 580x420) Image search: [Google]
portable hole arrowhead.gif
35 KB, 580x420
>>47685165
>Play arcane archer
>BBEG starts taking over the world, killing my character's family in the process
>Make one of these
>Party tracks him across the land for months in game
>DM forgets about the arrow
>face down BBEG after 2 real world years of this campaign
>He starts his boss monolog
>Roll initiative
>Pop homing arrow
>Suck BBEG into black hole
>Group/party looks at me in disbelief
>"Let's go home".
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.