[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/. Is there much better of an adventure hook than a ladder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: sky_islands.png (1 MB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
sky_islands.png
1 MB, 1280x853
Hey /tg/.
Is there much better of an adventure hook than a ladder leading to a sky island?
Also, do you guys love sky islands as much as I do? I have been using them for years, and I have yet to get tired of them like other environments.
>>
>>47678481
How high up is said sky island, because climbing a ladder several miles high just to reach someplace that might be inhabited with things that could eat you or would be willing to kick you off the moment you reach the last rung seems kind of like a stupid idea.
>>
>>47678481
depends on what is on this island
also what does this ladder look like?
seems like a grreat idea OP

sky islands are pretty awesome imo, part of why zenidkar is such an awesome setting
>>
Flying islands are kind of silly but I do occasionally use them. Not a whole lot to say on the subject.
>>
>>47678536
Honestly, the higher the more I am tempted to climb it.
>>47678547
The ladder is just an example. It could easily be a low hanging vine or silk rope.
>>
>>47678536
High up enough that you need to make basecamp midway up
>>
>>47678481
A hook that pulls you up to the island.
>>
>>47678590
>people fishing off of sky islands for surfacer things
>>
File: Judaspainkiller.jpg (58 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
Judaspainkiller.jpg
58 KB, 500x492
I love the idea of using an airship with a fucking massive harpoon and chain to lash sky islands together.
>>
>>47678656
>Sky people use gold trinkets as bait, since it is surprisingly abundant on the floating islands.
>>
>>47680170
I want this plot hook
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.