[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pod People Paranoia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: NNVG1644-1.jpg (1 MB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
NNVG1644-1.jpg
1 MB, 800x1200
The pod people have no way of knowing whether they've killed the last humans, or if there are still some out there, somewhere.

Will they look over their shoulders, wondering if any of the people they pass by on the street are faking being emotionless? Will they be suspicious of anyone who tries to create human-style art? Will they worry that throwing out all the junk of the humans who they replaced will leave them vulnerablet o secret humans? Will they have nightmares haunted by monsters with one face, making up for their inability to shapeshift through sheer malice?

Will they start to wonder, could the strange man who just showed up in town perhaps not be a pod person like he at first seems?
>>
Is this a game?
>>
>>47677998
It's an idea. If you take a theoretical race like the Body Snatchers, I started to wonder what their endgame would be after destroying the human race. Then I realized they could never be completely certain they had wiped out all humans. So the paranoia they originally used against humans starts to turn on them.

What would they go through?
>>
>>47677998
it's tee gee anon, you don't need le other boards!
>>
They have a way of knowing, in most depictions. The alien scream that humans cannot reproduce.

For this to work you need to make humans able to do it, via an implant or otherwise.
>>
>>47678062
>The alien scream that humans cannot reproduce.

You realize, the man who led you into this basement is *human.* Instinctively, you point to him and let loose with your race's true cry.

He winces at the sound, but then he smirks. "We're too far down for anyone to hear you." Then the knife comes out. "I made sure to pick out a place where you can scream to your nasty little heart's content."
>>
>>47678044
Don't they have somesort of hivemind or some seventh sense that can instantly tell them if the person they come to contact with is not one of them?

They probably don't have an endgame, creatures of horror stories like them are written in a way to to creep out and induce paranoia in normal human that live in normal society because that is what the majority of the story is about. Once they conquered the majority of humanity all these horror factors cancel out.
>>
>>47679569
In the old movie I think the human protagonists "pretended" to be pod people for a while. Sort of like in zombie movies when they evade a crowd of zombies by stumbling around and moaning.

Also, the obvious parallel to draw here is I am Legend, where the last remaining human stalks the daylight hours and becomes a mythological terror to the vampires who have replaced humanity.

Sometimes I feel like cultural innovation ended in like 1965, and we've just been doing hollywood remakes for the last forty years.

>>47678061
I agree, all discussion of fictional settings and roleplaying scenarios should be banned unless it is directly related to published content by reputable companies like Games Workshop and Wizards of the Coast.
>>
>>47680817
>>Sometimes I feel like cultural innovation ended in like 1965, and we've just been doing hollywood remakes for the last forty years
But wait, isn't that EXACTLY what is happening?
>>
>>47681793
Prior to 1965, all the Hollywood remakes were remakes of books.
>>
>>47680817
I will never stop being mad about them fucking up that movie
>>
>>47680817
There doesn't have to be an Omega Man though. I imagine just the idea of surviving humans could mess up pod people.
>>
http://hanginggardenstories.tumblr.com/post/79875645526/situation-normal-by-rosamund-hodge
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.