[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the worst perception-related check you have ever failed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: game-thrones-broken-man.jpg (85 KB, 770x512) Image search: [Google]
game-thrones-broken-man.jpg
85 KB, 770x512
What was the worst perception-related check you have ever failed?

Have you ever failed an incredibly easy perception check and gotten everyone massacred for it?

Pic related.
>>
>>47676733
The pics relates me nothing, sorry.

I've failed a spot check for noticing a mosaic on a floor. A mosaic with golden tiles in it. In well-light room. The mosaic showing complex map on it.
So our party had to take the loooong road around, not knowing few short-cuts and barely making it alive.
>>
>>47677846
>The pics relates me nothing, sorry.

Failing a perception check to notice a massacre.
>>
>>47677846
Man, sometimes people get a bit to into the dice rolls. That should be a mention to the mosaic and glitter when entering the room, and a full description when someone decides to look down.
>>
>>47679869
>perception check
>everyone massacred
>guy chopping wood related

You suck at this.
>>
> Character is married to the sister of the woman who bore his child. Long complicated story.

> Wife asks about her outfit and it's enhancement bonuses to her weight.

> wasn't paying attention, answers sweetly "Of course dear, why would you think otherwise?"

> Mortal Combat ensued against my superhuman spouse. As she just started yelling at me for being a bastard, I thought I was being supportive (since the character missed the question...) found out she'd been flirting with some other teammates. I'd made out with a super villainess, whilst mind controlled mind you.

> A small portion of Seattle is damaged in the ensuing battle.

> And thats how I got thrown out of the Pacific Northwest branch of the Avengers. And into the dog house.
>>
>>47679869
Clearly you failed your roll to notice that he meant nobody knows what your pic is referencing. Who is the fucking woodsman faggot, and what massacre is he missing?
>>
>>47682167
I think it's from that D&D show on Cinemax.
>>
>>47676733
Failed to spot four wyverns flying in the dark. Rrrrip.
>>
>>47676733
Failed to spot that the 8th floor was illusionary.
RIP Kelgar.
>>
I might be mistaken in it being solely a perception check since it had to do with magic, but my character failed to realize the woman he was in a relationship with was actually a mindflayer. All I know is the DM had me roll multiple times overtime, but I never passed them well enough. They weren't even particularly difficult, I just kept rolling shit. Surprisingly though it didn't result in my guy's death.
>>
>>47683422
I managed to enter a bosses lair twice and both times fail to notice a haunt(i had no idea what that was at the time for i was still practically new) So of course I thought the DM was making roll preception to find the boss in pitch darkness. Of course i go in there solo thinking i can make a deal with it to help the party with the big boss and get hit with a haunt meant for 4 people.
>>
>>47680118
It's a scene from the latest game of thrones dumbass
>>
>>47676733
I failed to spot that my girlfriend fell in love with another guy when we were having relationship problems.
>>
>>47683607
I failed to spot anything tragic with your post.
>>
>>47680000
Tell that to our GM, not me.

>>47679869
What if I tell you I don't watch GoT and only know this is from GoT thanks to the title? Thus the pic has absolutely no meaning for me.
>>
>>47683572
Want to describe the situation? Like, who is the guy chopping wood, what is this massacre all about, how is he failing to notice it? Like are people getting killed just over the hill, or did someone subtly tell him it was planned and he just missed the context, is the chopping wood a delusion and he's actually hacking apart children and women etc.

Because I'm with >>47684606
>>
CLEGANEBOWL
GET HYPE
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.