[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Minigame for 40K?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: zombieeeees.jpg (13 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
zombieeeees.jpg
13 KB, 270x187
So, anons, while I was doing stuff today, I got into a homebrew-y train of thought, and I thought about a potential new minigame sort of thing for 40K.

So in the fluff (not sure about in the crunch) you have plague zombies, right? Well what about a zombie apocalypse-ish gametype where a killteam sized force has to do something like retrieve an objective from an unlimited horde of plague zombies, with the potential for nurgle daemons and marines to show up as well?

Does that sound at all like a good idea?
>>
>>47676046
Yes there is a scenario kinda like that in Ncromunda. But it would be nice to see an arbiteis force trapped on a planet and they have to survive long enough for help to arrive.
>>
>>47676123
Huh, I really need to check out Necromunda.

But I was thinking it could be done for any army. Guard, Marines, Deldar, Orks, non-Nurgle Chaos, and just modify the rules slightly to increase tension.

It'd be interesting to see how different armies handled the prospect of a limitless zombie horde and an objective
>>
You could mod one of the various zombie games that were released in recent years. Would love to see a 40k mod for warlords project z.
>>
>>47676178
Well I was thinking using the 40k rules but modded, so like, limited ammo and randomly generated zombies in areas and stuff like that
>>
Multi-player 40k Zombie game
- Smap

The game is played lengthwise on a 4x6ft board covered in city-fight
terrain. Players run one 200pt TR/ EL rescue squad - no Vehicles or
special Movement apart from Fleet. These line up on one short edge
and race to the other end. First to get a model off-board wins. You
can move and shoot through other armies without penalty, or even
attack a competitor. Unlike combat with Zombies, either Player can
break from CC at the beginning of their turn.

NPC spawning is randomized: On the Zombie turn, 1 mob of d6 zombies
(WS3/4 BS0 S4 T4 W1 I2 A2 Ld10 Sv5+ FNP, Fearless, Rending CC attacks)
and 1 group of d6 civilians (WS3 BS0 S3 T3 W1 I2 A2 Ld5 Sv6+) will
appear near the center of a 2x2ft board section determined by a d6
roll. Civilians Move 6in and Run d6in toward the nearest rescue
squad. If you opt to trust a civilian/ group, roll a d6. On a (result
the GM needn't disclose) they join their saviors, becoming models of
the same type. On a failed roll, they morph into a Zombie! No
initiative checks - just free attacks. Zombies Move up to 5in per
turn and may not Run.

Scattered around the board are Trick-or-Treat crates. Players who
land on these may roll on a d6 chart: On a 1 or a 6, it was a Trick -
Zombie Inside! A 2 = a one-shot Flame gun, 3 = a Demo charge, 4 = a
chainsaw (power weapon disabled on a 4+) or 5 = a Run stat @higher of
2d6in. Finally, shoot oil barrels to cause a S6 AP2 5in Blast.
>>
>>47676728
That's pretty good, and sort of like what I was thinking
>>
File: chillow-tv-commercial-04.png (113 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
chillow-tv-commercial-04.png
113 KB, 500x281
>anything involving zombies

nothing personal OP I'm just so damn tired of them, its stale as fuck
>>
File: face the suffering.jpg (65 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
face the suffering.jpg
65 KB, 768x1024
>40k minigame
>without campaign rules
>>
>>47676940
it could totally have campaign rules

>>47676815
They are kinda overdone at the moment, yeah. I just thought plague zombies were a very untapped resource in 40K. Although then again that may be due to omnipresent zombies in fiction
>>
>>47676728
THat's pretty good, with the possible exception of ST4 zombies. I get the T4, they have no vital organs and feel no pain, but why are desiccated corpses as strong as space marines?
>>
For my game i played on a 4x4 board with dense city terrain (i used books, as i lack buildings) human gets to choose 200pt henchmen unit from the inquisitor codex. So you could arm your team with power armour and storm bolters or carapace and lasguns etc. We found through playing that marines or anything with a 2+ save was too strong. Each model is an individual unit. If any model is more than 6" away from a friendly model he must take a leadership test or flee

Zombies are ws2 str3 t3 i2 fearless with feel no pain 5+. Power weapons or ap3 weapons ignore the feel no pain.

We set up zombie blips, similar to space hulk. Small blip (28mm base) was 1d6, medium base (40mm) was 2d6 and 50mm was 3d6 zombies. Blips moved via scatter dice until either they were within line of sight or if they came within 8" of the humans.

We usually used 6 small blips, 2 med and 1 big.

Goal was to get from one corner of the board to the other.

Then we introduced last stand and also retrieve the objective and make your way back to the starting zone. No vehicles (except for an escape vehicle at the other corner of the board).

Initiative test to break away from zombies.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.