[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
False Dendrite Quest 182
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 35
File: circle.jpg (39 KB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
circle.jpg
39 KB, 300x218
allured by your beloved weed's scent

allured by the food that it prepared for you

allured by its ample bosom

you act on your base urges

no better than an animal

no wonder it chooses to lay with you

>Thread archive:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=false+dendrite+quest

>Branches known thus far:
http://pastebin.com/9SQy7UhL

>Twitter:
https://twitter.com/QM_Archelon

>Ask thing:
http://maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

>Game production blog:
https://studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: charlotte_hinomars.png (3 MB, 1230x1742) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_hinomars.png
3 MB, 1230x1742
"Hm?"

About halfway to the kitchen, Charlotte stops dead in her tracks. And since I just so happen to be holding her hand, I find myself coming to an abrupt halt as well. At least I'm still able to keep my balance, though.

"What's wrong?" I ask.
"Someone just pulled into the driveway..." Charlotte points outside. "...oh, it's your sister."
"You picked up her scent from in here?"
"No, I have Rhaccy watching the house just in case something comes up," she replies.

Ah, the obvious course of action.

>greet the big sister at the door
>my desire for pie is stronger than my desire to see my sister
>>
>>47670363
"Stay salty, you're just jealous, stupid voice."

>>47670382
>>
>>47670382
>>
>>47670382
>>greet the big sister at the door
>>47670467
this
>>
>>47670382
This.>>47670467
>>
>>47670382
>>greet the big sister at the door
>>
File: 1463336205546.jpg (256 KB, 877x658) Image search: [Google]
1463336205546.jpg
256 KB, 877x658
>writing
>>
>>47670363
>implying the urge to secure territory by removing invaders isn't a base animal urge

>implying the urge to kill isn't a base animal urge

>implying you're any better

Overchan pls
>>
File: cecile_hinomars.jpg (460 KB, 1333x1901) Image search: [Google]
cecile_hinomars.jpg
460 KB, 1333x1901
The call of the pie is strong. I can smell it from here, and my mouth is already starting to water... but on the other hand, the food isn't going anywhere and it'd be nice to actually welcome my sister home for a change instead of how it usually goes.

Charlotte follows after me as I move to the front of the house and open up the door just in time to catch Allison walking up the frnot steps.

"Wha- Cecile!?"

The degree of her surprise is unexpected.

"Yo," I say, waving to her.
"Well if it isn't my favorite raging lesbo," Allison laughs. "I wasn't expecting you to actually be home at this hour. Or at all."
"Very funny," I sigh.

>brag about new cactus
>brag about how my sexy girlfriend cooked us early dinner
>[OTHER]
>>
>>47671729
>>brag about how my sexy girlfriend cooked us early dinner
>>
>>47671729
>brag about how my sexy girlfriend cooked us early dinner

Doesn't Allison usually wait for the snappy jabs? She seems kinda basic if she opens with an insult, and as we know only Char is allowed to be a total bitch when insulting her sister.
>>
>>47671729
>>brag about new cactus
>>
>writing
>>
>>47671729
>>brag about new cactus

Geez guys, don't be plebs. She already knows about our awesome cat girlfriend.
>>
File: allison_hatchan.png (132 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
allison_hatchan.png
132 KB, 500x706
I curl an arm around Charlotte's waist and pull her into view.

"If you're gonna be like that then MAYBE I shouldn't let you eat any of the food that my beautiful girlfriend cooked for us," I say, leaning my head against her shoulder.
"H- hello..." Charlotte squeaks out.
"Wait, what?" Allison stops at the top of the front steps and drops her messenger bag. "CHARLOTTE cooked something?"
"Chicken pot pie," I say, puffing out my chest with pride. "Under Mom's direction so you know it's gonna be good."
"I'm not entirely confident about that," Charlotte mumbles, "but I did try my best..."

Allison continues to stare at her in utter amazement.

"Wow, I didn't even expect that a rich girl like you even knew -how- to cook..." she laughs. "No offense, but you always struck me as the 'fancy restaurants and personal chefs' type."
"I normally am," Charlotte replies, "but I happened to lose a bet yesterday and then Cecile decided to announce this fact to your mother and that snowballed into me cooking dinner for your entire family. Plus Irene."
"Heh, sounds like a lot of work," Allison smiles. "Fun though, right?"
"I guess..."

Charlotte looks down at the floor.

>join in the teasing fun
>filling my stomach takes precedence
>>
>>47672411
>>filling my stomach takes precedence
>>
>>47672411
>filling my stomach takes precedence
>>
File: 1463270811846.jpg (123 KB, 827x1169) Image search: [Google]
1463270811846.jpg
123 KB, 827x1169
>writing
>>
File: allison.png (16 KB, 219x340) Image search: [Google]
allison.png
16 KB, 219x340
"You got here just in time to eat," I say, moving aside so that Allison can enter the house. "Charlotte says that they're just about done cooking so let's not waste time."
"What a glutton," Allison laughs.

And as she passes me, she pokes at my stomach with her finger.

"You better watch out," she says with a wide grin, "eat too much and you'll end up a fattie."
"Cut it out," I growl, batting away her hand.

>defend myself against these baseless accusations
>ask the charlotte to defend me against these baseless accusations
>call for help against these baseless accusations
>[OTHER]
>>
>>47673049
>>ask the charlotte to defend me against these baseless accusations
You mean
>Invite Charlotte to join the teasing.
right?
>>
>>47673049
>>defend myself against these baseless accusations
>>
>>47673049
>>
>>47673049
>>
>>47673049
>I've been jogging with Theresa.
>>
>>47673049
>>
>writing
>>
File: cecile_sashavasileva.png (93 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
cecile_sashavasileva.png
93 KB, 500x800
"I'll have you know that I've been working out with Theresa most nights," I say. "Running WAY too freaking far and almost killing myself morning after morning."
"Yeah, I know about that," Allison replies.
"So I'm -not- gonna turn into a fatty," I say, sticking my tongue out at her. "And one day, I'll have awesome sexy abs just like Theresa."
"It's nice to have dreams... but since abs -are- hot, I'll hope for Charlotte's sake that you're able to actually pull it off some day!"

Allison strolls right past me and Charlotte while cackling like a witch. She's lucky that our parents are here, or I'd abuse my light powers to throw up some kind of horrific nightmare image as payback. But instead, I just run after her while puling Charlotte along with me.

>[1/?]
>>
File: charlotte_keichan411.png (926 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_keichan411.png
926 KB, 1200x1200
>>47673454
>[2/2]

"Oh, there you are," my mother says as we enter the kitchen. "I was wondering where you'd gotten to."
"I was at school-"
"Not you," she flicks Allison in the forehead. "I was talking to Charlotte."
"Sorry," Charlotte replies, "I was looking for Cecile and then we got sidetracked..."
"It's fine," she shakes her head. "But now that you're here, I think that you ought to be the one to take the food out of the oven."
"Um- okay!"

While Charlotte hurries to put on some oven mitts, my mother turns to me and Allison.

"As for the rest of you," she says, "you're in the way so I'd appreciate it if you'd go away for a few minutes."

>yes ma'am
>hey wait a minute
>[OTHER]
>>
>>47673680
>>hey wait a minute
It was CC’s bet that got Charlotte to cook. CC already left quite a while to allow for mother/gf time, she cannot throw her out again!
>>
>>47673680
>>yes ma'am
>>
>>47673680
>yes ma'am
>>
>>47673680
>yes ma'am
>>
File: 1463164622850.jpg (632 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1463164622850.jpg
632 KB, 1200x900
>writing
>>
inb4 CC's parents die
>>
File: cecile_pink-daisy21.png (228 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cecile_pink-daisy21.png
228 KB, 500x500
"Yes, ma'am..."

Reluctantly, I follow Allison out of the kitchen. I would've totally helped set up for dinner, but Mom gets extra pushy when cooking is involved and there's also the matter of Embarrassing Conversations possibly coming back so it's probably for the best that I stay away until she says to come back.

So instead, I return to the living room where my father and Irene look to be finishing up their awful ninja movie. At least I'm pretty sure this is the end, seeing as how people are shooting lasers at each other now.

>how shall we pass the time?
>>
>>47674050
There's probably no time to finish another awful movie, so time for some /v/idya. CC must prove she is no longer as casual as she used to be.
>>
>>47674050
Whoops, didn’t see you there…

>>47674089
Seconding this.
>>
>>47674050

>>47674089
This sounds good. Did we beat Kirby yet?
>>
>writing
>>
File: American_Ninja.jpg (47 KB, 372x575) Image search: [Google]
American_Ninja.jpg
47 KB, 372x575
"Hey, Allison," Irene says, waving to us as we enter the living room. "You're back early."
"Yeah, the professor canceled my late class," Allison shrugs. "So it's back home with me."
"Well it's nice to have you around," my father says. "Having both of my daughters home at the same time is a rare treat."

And of course he's looking right at me when he says that.

"Care to partake in some classic cinema with your old man?" he says, pointing to the TV.
"For the five minutes that it'll take for Mom and Charlotte to set up, sure," Allison replies.

I fall onto the couch next to my father while Allison sits with Irene. And though both of them seem to be really into this crappy movie, I'm not all that interested.

Not to mention that I've seen this one at least eight times.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47674424
>[2/2]

So instead, I reach into my pocket and bring out the game system that I've been ignoring lately. I then boot it up and load my latest save file... I still haven't beaten it yet but I think I'm pretty far now.

"Hm?" Daddy glances at my hands. "Whatcha got there?"
"A game," I reply.
"So Mina finally got to you after all, huh," he laughs.
"No, I got this from Gabrielle."

His eyes get so big that I can actually see them past the edges of his sunglasses.

"...Charlotte's little sister?" he asks. "With the fluffy gray hair and the cute stuffed rabbit?"
"Yup," I nod. "And it's a cat, not a rabbit."
"Huh," he nods. "So you've got both of 'em giving you presents."
"I'm just that beloved," I smirk.
"Charlotte's putting you up in her dad's hotel and sews you those dresses while her little sister buys you games... you've got quite the charmed life now, you know that?"

>how do I respond?
>>
>>47674500
>how do I respond?
"I guess so… still haven’t quite gotten used to it, but we fit together better than might be expected. Gabrielle is mostly playing together with Mina and another friend, though."
>>
>>47674500
Except for all the death I guess
>>
>>47674591
For some reason CC still keeps that a secret.
>>
>>47674500
>>how do I respond?
It has its ups and downs...
>>
File: 1463119061494.jpg (488 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1463119061494.jpg
488 KB, 1600x1200
>writing
>>
File: cecile_bishakalaka.png (340 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
cecile_bishakalaka.png
340 KB, 900x1600
"It's, uh... it's got its ups and downs," I say. "It still seems kind of weird, but we all get along better than I would've expected."
"How -were- you expecting it to go?" my father asks.
"I dunno," I shrug, "not with random instances of 'hey Cecile, have this $200 game system just because?' I'm still not used to that..."
"Well that's a good thing, he says, ruffling my hair. "Keeps you from taking it all for granted."
"I'd never do that," I sigh.

Whoa, almost died there.

"And Gabrielle mostly plays games with Mina and another friend," I say. "I'm waaaaay below her skill level."
"Of course," my father laughs. "There's no way someone as lame as you would get good in the few months since I saw you last."

That earns him an elbow to the side.

"I'll show you how 'lame' I am," I grumble. "Just watch, I'mma beat this whole level before Mom calls us into the kitchen."
"Suuuure you will."

>gotta go fast
>gotta be careful
>>
>>47674779
>gotta be careful
>>
>>47674779
>>gotta be careful
Speed runs are for experts.
>>
>>47674779
>>gotta go fast

>Whoa, almost died there.
Interesting.

>>47674880
<Attempting speed runs despite being bad is for casuals.
>>
>writing
>>
>>47674779
>gotta go fast
>>
>>47674880
Fuck that, I'm a complete scrub and I go fast anyway because it's entertaining, even if I get laid on my ass 9 times out of 10.
>>
Heading off to bed.

Thanks for running Archelon.

Gabrielle a best
>>
Alright, Cecile. I'm not one of those crazy people that Mina likes to watch blast through games in like a fraction of the normal time so there's no point in even attempting that crap. Nope, I'm just going to take this at my normal pace. Carefully.

Because my father's watching and I don't want him to think that I COMPLETELY suck.

So I just keep on like usual, hopping over enemies until I find one that has the plasma ability that I like and then blasting through everything in my path. I am SO glad that Gabrielle showed me how to properly use this thing... it's even got a shield thingy at max charge which makes things even easier for me.

"Wow, you suck a lot less than I was expecting you to," Daddy whistles.
"Be quiet, you're gonna screw up my concentration," I snap back.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47675136
Cecile should learn how to mimic plasma kirby powers.

Then we'll be even better at being the sun
>>
>>47674880
>>47674897
That said, it's a bit frustrating how Speedrunning seems to have jumped aboard the "This hurts my feelings, ban it!" hellhole known as twitch.tv .
It's not just muh SJW bogeymans, the entire website has the culture of "If person A said something and person B's feelings are hurt, ban person A".
B might be too sensitive, or overreacting, or having an emotional response to a logical point, or taking part in the bantz, or B might have made a fuckup be getting called on it, or otherwise having his emotions be "incorrect".
Nope. Ban A, every time all the time.

The "my feelings are always a valid justification for silencing someone else" culture is quite worrying to me.
>>
>>47675136
>[2/2]

Not rushing seems to be paying off- I haven't even been hit more than a couple of times and I'm able to blow through a few areas. I think there's a boss around here, so-

"Dinner's ready!" my mother calls out from the kitchen.

JUST AS I'M ABOUT TO GO THROUGH THE DOOR.

"Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah," I moan, throwing my back and closing my game shut. "I was so close, tooooooooooo..."
"Eh, you put in a good effort," Daddy says, patting me on the shoulder. "I was expecting you to flail around and die miserably but you didn't even lose a single life."
"Told you I didn't suck."

>onwards to my lady and her delicious pie
>shoot the breeze with someone along the way
>>
>>47675205
>onwards to my lady and her delicious pie
Useless vote
>>
>>47675205
>shoot the breeze with someone along the way
Ok Dad. What video games do YOU play?
>>
>>47675205
>>shoot the breeze with someone along the way
We certainly can beat dad by now in any game of his choice.
>>
>>47675218
Your face is a useless vote
>>
File: shock.png (125 KB, 467x367) Image search: [Google]
shock.png
125 KB, 467x367
>>47675252
>>
test
>>
>writing
>>
File: grin.gif (587 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
grin.gif
587 KB, 325x244
I may not have been able to fully carry out my declaration, but the progress that I -was- able to make has filled me with no small amount of confidence. And my father's taunting did kind of get on my nerves...

"Tell you what," I say to him as we get up from the couch, "I bet I'm at least good enough to beat -you- now."
"Oh?" He lowers his sunglasses. "You honestly believe that, huh."
"Yes, I do," I reply.
"Oh my sweet little baby girl," he chuckles, "you have no idea what you're getting into. Trust me when I say that you want none of what I've got," he says, flexing his giant gorilla arms.
"Try me," I taunt right back. "Any game, I'll destroy you."

As my father's pace picks up, his laughter also increases in volume.

"You said -any- game," he grins.
"Yeah, I did," I nod.
"Alright, then. You're on. Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram."
"Ora... what?"
"I obviously didn't bring my stuff back home with me, but one of these days... get ready."

>[1/?]
>>
>>47675344
Better start training on mecha piloting, CC.
>>
>>47675344
Gordon is a weeb!
>>
File: charlotte_decu.png (266 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_decu.png
266 KB, 1000x700
>>47675344

I am clearly going to have to talk to Mina about this one of these days and figure out what exactly the hell I've gotten myself into. But that is a matter for later. Right now, my attention is on the mouthwatering aroma that's filling the air and the delicious-looking food that's sitting on the table.

"So Charlotte's the one who made all this?" Allison says as she eyes the four pot pies that are sitting on the table."
"That's right," Mom replies, slapping her on the back. "All I did was coach her on."
"I apologize in advance if they taste awful," Charlotte mumbles.
"They at least -smell- good, so that's a start," Daddy smiles.

We all sit down at the table while my mother prepares the food. As expected, I end up seated between Irene and Charlotte while Allison and my father are on the other aide. Those two not sitting next to or across from each other should reduce the risk of anything kicking off in theory...

...but while I'm in the middle of worrying about my girlfriend's annoying habit of being a total bitch towards one of my friends, a plate is lowered in front of me.

"Here you go," Mom says. "100% filled with Charlotte's looooove~" she giggles.
"Mrs. Navarre, please," Charlotte mumbles.

As tempting as it is to chow down right now, I have the common sense not to do so until everyone else has their food as well. But the SECOND that that happens, my fork pierces the pie and goes right into my mouth.

>[2/?]
>>
File: cooking.gif (966 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
cooking.gif
966 KB, 500x281
>>47675465

Chomp. Chomp chomp chomp chomp chew chew chew, munch munch much.

"How is it?" Charlotte asks me, her worried face inches away from my own. "Is it bad?"
"Nope," I shake my head. "'sgood."

A wave of relief washes over Charlotte, and it shows on her face. I bet she'd kiss me right now if I wasn't in the middle of shoving food into my face. And also if my parents weren't right here too.

"Thank goodness," Charlotte sighs. "I was so worried..."
"Well you didn't need to," I reply in between bites. "This's pretty great."
"It really is," Daddy chimes in.
"Yup," Allison nods.
"Mmhmm," Irene joins the consensus.
"See?" Mom laughs. "Just like I told you!"

>[3/?]
>>
>>47675487
Good waifu.
>>
File: gasp.gif (889 KB, 318x240) Image search: [Google]
gasp.gif
889 KB, 318x240
>>47675487
>[4/4]

It isn't long before I need to get up for seconds, and not long afterwards my father does the same. Even Irene's plate is clean, though she's hesitant to get up for obvious reasons... but then my mother does so for her since she's nice like that.

I have to say, this is the kind of thing that I've missed. A happy dinner with my whole family and a couple of friends.

"Might as well..." Daddy says after downing a glass of water.
"Hm?" I turn to him. "Might as what?"
"Might as well give the good news," he says, clearing his throat.

Good news? What kind of good news?

"...Mom isn't pregnant, is she?" Allison asks, a sour look on her face.
"No I am -not- pregnant," Mom sighs. "Smartass."
"Thank God."
"So, uh... if my status as the baby isn't in jeopardy, what -is- the good news?" I ask.
"After that mess with the burglar was cleared up," he replies, "I was finally able to focus back on my actual work."
"Okay?"
"And after a bunch of phonecalls, I was able to set it up so that your mother and I can work long-distance!" he grins.
"HOLY SHIT FOR REAL!?" Allison shouts.

And then Mom smacks her for having a dirty mouth.

"It's only for a couple of weeks," she says, "but we'll at least be able to spend some time with you two in the meantime."

>how do I react?
>>
>>47675537
Hugs!
>>
>>47675537
Wooo, parents! Maybe suggest we celebrate somehow?
>>
>>47675537
>>47675544
Group hug.

Quite a few posts without pre-made choices recently.
>>
>>47675565
Arch couldn't think of anything but hug either!
>>
>>47675537
>Secretly mourn the lack of alone-time with Charlotte coming up.
>>
>>47675607
Seconding that. Also the lack of magic. What are superpowers good for if you cannot use them?
>>
>writing
>>
File: cecile_marui_tan.jpg (295 KB, 404x709) Image search: [Google]
cecile_marui_tan.jpg
295 KB, 404x709
I hop up from my chair and run around the table to where my parents are and then I give both of them a huge hug. I was so worried that all this crap with Faceless would've eaten up all the time I had with them for this visit, but now that doesn't seem like it's a problem at all!

"Looks like someone's happy," Daddy laughs whole hugging me back.
"Of course I'm happy," I reply. "How long did you have this planned?"
"Since we got back?" Mom laughs. "But then that man broke into your room and your father got COMPLETELY sidetracked..."
"You know you could've been the one to negotiate instead of me," he smirks.
"Yeah right," she rolls her eyes. "I can't stand dealing with them in person, much less the phone."
"Well it all turned out great in the end so I'm not complaining!" I say, grinning so hard that my face is starting to hurt.

Man, this is great... my parents are never around but now I'll have them for like a full month maybe! I'll be able to eat my Mom's cooking, and beat the hell out of Daddy in that virtual whatever game...

...and I won't be able to use the catnip in my room on Charlotte... or blow off school to spend the night at her place... or openly goof off with my Branch...

But that's just a minor thing, I'm not a TOTAL hedonist! And it's not like I'll be COMPLETELY unable to mess around, it's just that my actions will be a little more restricted while they're here.

Yeah, having my entire family in one house is more than worth the tradeoff.
>>
>>47675675
Cutecile is a good girl!
>>
>>47675675
Don't let the Clipclop guys learn where you live, Cecile.
>>
File: gabrielle_hinomars.jpg (6 MB, 1728x2461) Image search: [Google]
gabrielle_hinomars.jpg
6 MB, 1728x2461
Lounging on the couch at her father's friend's temporary place, Gabrielle Gauthier kicks up her feet onto the ottoman and focuses on the task at hand- grinding materials for that outfit she wanted. While it's really cute and has high stats to boot, the drop rates for the things needed to make it are downright abysmal. Shary was nice enough to help her out last night while Gabrielle slept, but he was only able to get about a quarter of the total needed.

Stupid RNG. If not for the fact that RMT spits in the face of her gaming ideals, she'd just bypass this mindnumbing process entirely and actually be having fun right now. At least Shary seems to be... he's sitting next to her on the couch right now, fully engrossed in some retro RPG.

Too bad Mina or Sun-Mi aren't on right now, she could at least shoot the breeze with them in chat while doing this crap at the same time. It'd make this a lot less boring, that's for sure. As long as they didn't start going on about lesbo stuff, at least. But even though they get even more lovey-dovey than Charlotte and Cecile when in person, they seem to be strictly business online. It's admirable.

"Telephone," Shary says, speaking in Gabrielle's mind.

That's one of the nice things about having 360-degree vision- Gabrielle can check on her phone without having to take her eyes off the screen.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47675750
Worry.
>>
File: gabrielle_keichan411.png (911 KB, 1200x1100) Image search: [Google]
gabrielle_keichan411.png
911 KB, 1200x1100
>>47675750

"Hey, Daddy," Gabrielle says after switching on the speakerphone. "What's up?
"That's what I was going to ask you," David Gauthier replies in the paternal tone of voice he reserves for his daughters. "Charlotte texted me saying that she was cooking for Cecile and her family. Why aren't you over there too?"
"Nobody asked," Gabrielle shrugs.

Not that she really felt like going anywhere today anyways.

"You know, you really ought to..." David sighs. "...never mind, how are things going with you? You feeling alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine," Gabrielle replies. "Grinding mats right now."
"Sounds boring," he says.
"It is," she groans. "The RNG hates me, I swear."
"Why not play something else if it bugs you so much?" he asks.
"'Cuz I want my character to look just as cute as I do," she cuts back.
"At least your self-esteem's intact," he laughs. "But seriously, how are -you- doing? After that incident with Faceless, I mean."

The sudden jolt that that question causes results in half of Gabrielle's character's HP being lost to an easily- avoided attack. She has half a mind to get at him for that, but decides not to since he's just being concerned.

"I'm fine," Gabrielle mumbles.
"Are you -really- fine?" David asks. "Because from what Charlotte told me about last night-"
"I'm FINE, okay?" she shouts. "That dickface is dead and Loki's safe now so everything's fine."
"You don't sound fine."

Gabrielle's always been one to watch her language ever since her father told her that good girls don't swear back when she was six years old and took a shine to a certain technical term for children born out of wedlock, but right now she is sorely tempted.

>[2/?]
>>
how good is this quest? Should I catch up?

Also, is it Double-Cross inspired?
>>
>>47675857
It's decent enough, but it the longer it runs the longer it seems to be between any significant moments in the story.
If you liked Princess Guard it's worth checking out.
>>
I’ve given Cecile’s potential career paths another thought. She could become a laser-etching artist. Like those glass sculptures inside a block of glass, or etchings in wood and metal. It may also be possible to photograph her creations and pretend they have been digital drawings.

>>47675857
It is a casual sort of fun. Nice to read along throughout pauses in the day, but I don’t consider it the gripping kind of fun that has you reading the archive in one huge session.

Fluffy, cute, kind-of shallow teenager drama and action fantasy story. With some casual murder, constant threat of death and insanity sprinkled in.
>>
File: gabrielle_langod.jpg (856 KB, 1200x1250) Image search: [Google]
gabrielle_langod.jpg
856 KB, 1200x1250
>>47675807
"I'm just a little bit pissed off about that dickface touching my boobs," Gabrielle mumbles. "And nobody's supposed to be able to sneak up on us but he did and the next thing I knew I was stuck in Charlotte's room and I couldn't get out even by punching."

Just remembering it is enough to throw off her normally perfect controller technique.

"And Shary was stuck outside and we were too scared to do anything since we didn't know how far his range would work with me in another room..." Gabrielle grits her teeth. "And then Charlotte got thrown through a TV and I..."
"It's okay, sweetie," David says.
"I know it's alright," she replies, "but I still hate feeling like that."

Like some weak pathetic little girl who can't do anything.

"Cecile's a total wimp and even SHE was more help back then than we were," Gabrielle says. "And I ended up looking like a baby in front of the guy I like, too."
"...so -that's- why you're so upset?" David asks.
"That's just the turd cherry on top," she groans. "So I'm just gonna sit here and play videogames until I feel better."
"...do you want to come back home?"

Those words hit Gabrielle like a punch in the face.

>[3/?]
>>
>>47675857
I like it and think it's fun. Might as well check out a couple threads and see if it appeals.
>>
>>47675899
The Navarres can work from afar for a while, so the whole family might go to the Gauthier home for a bit.

I’m away now, Arch. Thanks for the thread.
>>
File: charlottegabrielle_hikariin25.png (7 MB, 2893x4092) Image search: [Google]
charlottegabrielle_hikariin25.png
7 MB, 2893x4092
>>47675899
>[4/4]

"No!" she shouts. "I wanna stay here with Charlotte!"
"I understand that," David says, "but the number of dangerous situation that you've been caught up in really has me worried. I'm not happy about all the trouble that your sister's been in either but she's old enough to make her own choices."
"I'm not a little kid-"
"Yes, you are," he cuts back. "And if this keeps up then I'm not going to be able to just let you run around as you please."
"B- but-" Tears begin to well up in her eyes. "But I have actual FRIENDS and I like it here and Charlotte's not gonna want to go anywhere without Cecile and I don't want to be away from her and-" she sniffles. "and..."

David breathes a long, heavy sigh.

"This wasn't an ultimatum," he says. "Just a warning. I want you to keep out of trouble."
"I will," she mumbles.
"Good," he replies, "because I'd really like to avoid having anything ruin things when I come to visit in a few weeks."

Both Gabrielle and Ankerashariva drop their controllers.

"YOU ARE!?" they shout in unison.
"Well I'd like to finally meet the girl that Charlotte's so crazy about," David laughs. "And I'm also getting lonely without you two around to take my mind off business."
>>
>>47675973
Now it's poor Cecile's time to meet the parent huh.
>>
>>47675973
About time we met papa Gauthiere
>>
>>47675973
Uh oh, time for Cecile to meet her future in-law.
>>
File: faceless_keichan411.png (1 MB, 1600x1680) Image search: [Google]
faceless_keichan411.png
1 MB, 1600x1680
>one day ago

Unable to see. Unable to move. He extends his vision through the planes of his mask and further on... further and further and further until he actually feels a strain on his mind. But regardless, all he sees is the empty black void of nothingness.

Like the abyss.

No, this will not do. His very existence is that which knows no boundaries. He has consumed another's soul to obtain this body. He has suffered a countless number of indignities to avoid capture. And even when his efforts failed, he did what was needed in order to regain his freedom. He steels his resolve, as there is nothing that he cannot escape from.

"C'est dommage," a voice whispers into his ear. "Vous êtes échappés d'abîme des âmes, mais vous n'êtes pas échappés a moi."

In an instant, that resolve crumbles and is replaced by the purest panic. The Vine's words whispered in his ears have completely broken through the facade known as "Faceless" and left only boundless desperation.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47676063

He screams and screams and throws all his strength into trying to break free of the Vine that is strangling him. In the flickering instances of clarity within his madness, he wonders if this what that stupid weed felt when he consumed it. Fear and panic.

In the midst of the struggle, he feels something else aside from the arms locking his own and the leg holding his own and the breasts against his back and the breath on his neck. This only throws him into a greater frenzy, and he fights even harder than before.

"I WILL NOT!"

He throws his head backwards yet again, slamming it into something wet.

"BE!"

He stomps his only free appendage as the other is pulled from underneath him.

"CAPTURED!!!"

With everything he has, he fights. Arms, legs, head, they all heave backwards with the entire force of his weight... and sure enough, his body shifts. As a glimmer of hope wells within him, he wills the planes beneath his feet to connect to one as far away from this accursed place as possible. It doesn't matter where, as long as it isn't HERE.

He falls back, through the floor, feels this plane connect with another and the shift of gravity reversing on him. But just as it seems that he will be freed, it pulls at his leg.

So that leg is discarded.

>[2/?]
>>
>>47676125
That's pretty hardcore.
>>
>>47676125
>[3/3]

The connection of planes is severed and his leg is severed and the grip on his body is loosened and the light finally returns to his eyes. Still in a panic, he crawls on all three remaining appendages away from the Vine that had him so afraid. That which devours.

But just as he thinks to himself that that name is familiar, something else becomes all too apparent- everything is heavy. Too heavy. Even though the wound from his severed leg is massive, his body should not be this difficult to move. And the air...

"HKK-"

No no no no no no no this is wrong why can't he breathe why does it burn. He tears off the black undermask to expose his face to the outside air, but that only serves to make his face burn. It burns in this air. His face burns and his eyes burn and his wound burns and as it permeates his clothing, the rest of him is burning as well. Inside and out.

With boiling eyes, he looks at the yellow-brown ground and searches through it. Darkness. More darkness. Lava. An orange sky.

WHY IS THE SKY ORANGE.

But he has no time to unravel this mystery, as he has lost too much blood and he can't breathe and what air had been in his lungs has since been replaced with fire. He has no strength to move through the planes, all he has left is enough to flip onto his back.

As his consciousness fades and his eyes burn away, his last thought is of the horrible orange sky.
>>
[Chapter 4: False Faces]
[END]
>>
>>47676211
Thanks for running, arch! That was quite the ending.
>>
>>47676202
Ouch. At least now we know with 100% certainty that he died.
>>
File: otokozaka.jpg (175 KB, 711x564) Image search: [Google]
otokozaka.jpg
175 KB, 711x564
And finally, this chapter comes to a close. I know this one dragged a lot, but I thank everyone who still stuck it out anyways. It really meant a lot.

This may end up being the last thread of the main quest depending on how things turn out, but the story isn't over. Regardless, Cecile and friends will return in some form.

and now one last? round of questions
>>
>>47676256
Awwww, last thread huh? Well, I'll look forward to what comes next!

Isn't this a mean cliffhanger for the final thread?
>>
>>47676256
If you did a chapter 5 do you think it'd be the finale, or do you have more build up?
>>
>>47676256
Will Gauthier be able to resist bullying Cecile?
>>
>>47676256
Plans for the future?
How goes the PGQ VN?
Will the world get its shit together within our lifetime?
Planning to see the Warcraft movie?
Will we have a new Berserk chapter this summer?
Any questions you'd like to be asked?
>>
>>47676256
What did you think of the Cecile as artist route I considered last thread and here >>47675892

I really struggled finding a niche for her with her powers. Didn’t want to imagine her as a leech for the rest of her life, and normal career paths are boring.
>>
>>47676256
Will poor Gabbers always be a member of the itty bitty titty committee?
>>
>>47676286
Do you really need Arch to answer that question for you?
>>
>>47676333
I must hear it from his own mouth (well, hands).
>>
Just a little explanation of Faceless's ability, since the opportunity never really came up in the story itself.

At its base, it's the ability to move from one plane to another. Walk into one side, come out through the other side with the entire distance within having been bypassed entirely. But as was learned in the quest, this isn't limited to within a single object.

With the full Bloom in effect, Faceless is able to move from one plane to any other plane, so long as it has the opposite orientation. Walk through a door and come out through the other side or the wall it's facing or the other side of the house, so on and so forth.

Some variance is allowed with this, with the orientation limit being pretty much what's covered by one's finger when pointing at something. So it's kind of a cone as things spread out thanks to distance.

His sense of sight works the same way, as he's able to look through any flat object to see through anything on the "opposite" side. His mask works on this exact same principle as it has no eyeholes. This would have been figured out by the cast had you knocked off his mask but that never happened so yeah.

And the name is a direct reference to the Clint Eastwood movie, in case it wasn't blatant enough.
>>
>>47676434
That's pretty overpowered. Main weakness is surprise I suppose, doesn't help how much you move if you're already roasted.
>>
>>47676239
>Thanks for running, arch! That was quite the ending.
Thanks, I was worried that it'd come off crappily.

>>47676266
>Awwww, last thread huh? Well, I'll look forward to what comes next!
>Isn't this a mean cliffhanger for the final thread?
Just taking direct inspiration from Kurumada Masami's infamously "unfinished" manga, Otokozaka. He wasn't able to continue it in Jump like he wanted to but instead of rushing an ending, he simply ended the chapter with 未完 as sort of a declaration that it would be continued at some point in the future, regardless of what anyone said.
and he's finally gotten his wish, as that manga is running right now

>>47676281
>If you did a chapter 5 do you think it'd be the finale, or do you have more build up?
Chapter five [Heliotropism] wouldn't be the end. As of a few months ago, I finally had things plotted out such that the chapter seven would be the finale.

>>47676286
>Will Gauthier be able to resist bullying Cecile?
Of course not.

>continued...
>>
>>47676494
>Heliotropism
CC's bloom?
>>
>>47676494
You doing any Song of Unison chapters now?
>>
>>47676494
I haven't been able to participate in the quest much since I sleep through most of it, but I always enjoy reading.
>>
File: applause 4.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
applause 4.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>47676211
>>
>>47676506
CC's branch type don't have full blumes they just get stronger
>>
>>47676434
So I'm assuming he brought himself to either the mantle of the core of the planet?
>>
>>47676704
Another planet, more like it.
>>
>>47676304
>Plans for the future?
git gud

>How goes the PGQ VN?
I've been completely neglecting my game writing in favor of making sure that this chapter saw its conclusion. Now that that goal has been met, I'll be taking a day or two off before plunging back into Princess Guard.

>Will the world get its shit together within our lifetime?
Of course not.

>Planning to see the Warcraft movie?
Unlikely.

>Will we have a new Berserk chapter this summer?
Probably.

>Any questions you'd like to be asked?
I dunno, I just like answering questions in general. It makes me feel as if people are actually interested in my sorry excuse for writing.

>>47676320
>What did you think of the Cecile as artist route I considered last thread and here >>47675892
It's definitely an interesting idea, and seems to suit her pretty well.

>>47676327
>Will poor Gabbers always be a member of the itty bitty titty committee?
She'll round out at a high B or low C.

>>47676471
>That's pretty overpowered. Main weakness is surprise I suppose, doesn't help how much you move if you're already roasted.
Yup, and that's why I had him as a thief character as opposed to an outright fighter.

>continued...
>>
>>47676774
>I'll be taking a day or two off before plunging back into Princess Guard.
Good to hear
>>
>>47676774
>I dunno, I just like answering questions in general. It makes me feel as if people are actually interested in my sorry excuse for writing.
Naw, we’re just humouring you. Which is why you have a couple hundred followers on twatter.
>>
File: il_570xN.762412812_ccx3.jpg (14 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.762412812_ccx3.jpg
14 KB, 570x570
>>47676506
>>Heliotropism
>CC's bloom?
Like >>47676666 said, Over Shine is an Elemental-type Branch and those don't get Full Blooms.

>>47676543
>You doing any Song of Unison chapters now?
That's the plan. Might do one on Sunday if I can.

>>47676590
>I haven't been able to participate in the quest much since I sleep through most of it, but I always enjoy reading.
Thanks.

>>47676704
>So I'm assuming he brought himself to either the mantle of the core of the planet?
No sky in the mantle/core of the planet.

>>47676809
>>I'll be taking a day or two off before plunging back into Princess Guard.
>Good to hear
Were it not for this bullshit, I'd probably be in the middle of writing the eighth day by now.

>>47676853
>>I dunno, I just like answering questions in general. It makes me feel as if people are actually interested in my sorry excuse for writing.
>Naw, we’re just humouring you. Which is why you have a couple hundred followers on twatter.
Stranger things have happened.

And now I finally sleep. Thanks for playing!

For further questioning:
http://maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

Game production blog:
https://studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>47676923
>No sky in the mantle/core of the planet.
Venus, then.
>>
>>47676975
I don't think it's anyone in our solar system unless it's a moon I'm unfamiliar with or something. Venus has crazy high pressure and it green. Since he suffocated and didn't melt or have his head pop I think that's safe to mark off.

Orange and Hot fit Jupiter, but it's a gas giant.
Only terrestrial planets have any sort of volcanic activity for the lava, so it'd be one of the inner 4 or a dwarf if any thing local. He also mentioned he felt "Heavy" which means gravity could've been higher, and none of the planets with volcanic activity have higher gravity than earth.

Tl;dr - Prolly a planet we're not familiar with if it is in fact just a different planet and not literally hell or some other supernatural realm.
>>
>>47677042
Correcting myself after putting more research into it. Venus does have an orange sky, but it'd be a dull-brown orange through all the nasty smog. The ground would be a pale yellow, but the gravity would be lower than earth, thus the "heavy" comment is odd. The super high pressure kinda-sorta checks out with his lung hurting from it, but the moment he opened his mouth to breathe his lungs would collapse and ear drums pop. It'd likely take a bit longer to start boiling on Venus due to the crazy high pressure too.
>>
>>47676704
Obviously an exoplanet, if it isn't some other dimension or something weird of that sort.

The place is a terrestrial landscape with a significantly but not massively higher gravity than Earth. Earth is the highest mass terrestrial planet in our solar system, so this is an obvious indication they are somewhere else. There's also the atmosphere which is about the thickness of Earth's (isn't next to nonexistent AND isn't too thick to let significant light through), the temperature isn't significantly different (obviously the world isn't freezing compared to Earth, but it also isn't super-hot since I'm assuming the burning sensations come from its corrosive properties).

>>47676774
Hope you continue this quest t b h, I like it a lot
>>
>>47677391
>Venus does have an orange sky, but it'd be a dull-brown orange through all the nasty smog.
Naw, it's way too thick for enough light for human eyes to pass through.

>The super high pressure kinda-sorta checks out with his lung hurting from it
Not really seeing it. The burning would come either from the atmosphere being corrosive, or from it being very hot. The super high pressure on Venus would just instantly knock unprotected visitors out.

Not Venus t b h
>>
>>47677974
Yeah, it's likely not Venus. I was just correcting the blatantly wrong thing about it being green and going through the details about where the place Faceless went was and wasn't similar to Venus.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.