[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Legacy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: 208.jpg (47 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
208.jpg
47 KB, 312x445
Time to discuss legacy!
>>
>>47668773
one should not speak of the dead, we are eternal master. format now.
>>
>>47668773
is gamble lands the true final form of the lands deck ?
>>
>>47668773
Is there much to discuss? Other than what your local meta is, every deck seems viable. Some staples are getting reprinted but the reserved list is still a problem. Umm.... Lands is fun.

Currently running:
Burn
Death & Taxes
Manaless Dredge

Hoping to build:
Aluren
Grixis Tezzeret
>>
File: 1402714720520.jpg (656 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1402714720520.jpg
656 KB, 2048x1536
Hello, friends. I goldfished ANT with you guys yesterday. Today I wanted to try TES with you. I'm new to legacy, and not super experienced in magic in general. Looking for feedback on my mulligans, spell order and everything else.

I'm using http://www.theepicstorm.com/#decklist

Draw 7:
Volcanic Island
Brainstorm
Cabal Therapy
Dark Ritual, Rite of Flame, LED
Infernal Tutor

I think it's risky, as I don't have black, but between my 2nd turn draw step and the brainstorm I can dig 4 deep and look for a land, hoping for the best? I decide to keep.

t1:
volcanic, go

t2:
Draw duress, cast brainstorm. Get Ponder, Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta off it. So I think I can make some big stuff happen next turn, I'll put Ponder and Polluted Delta on top, drop my other delta and crack it for underground sea. Cast duress off of sea, write everything down that I might need to keep in mind to cabal therapy for.

t3:
Draw dark ritual. Cast dark ritual off sea, Cabal therapy and make sure I'm good (BB), Dark Ritual (BBBB) LED, Rite of flame (BBBBRR) Infernal tutor and crack LED for black (5 black, 2 red) now I can grab

1) Ad Naus
2) Burning Wish into Tendrils for 16
3) Burning Wish or Infernal Tutor for Empty for 16 goblins, can flashback a cabal therapy from goblin sac if appropriate

I think I do 2 if it's lethal as my best choice. Otherwise 1 if 16 tendrils isn't lethal and I'm not about to die for a low life total. And option 3 if 16 tendrils isn't lethal and I'm about to die from life loss.

How is that?
>>
Another 7:
Bloodstained Mire
Ponder, Brainstorm
Lotus Petal, Chrome Mox
Cabal Therapy
Infernal tutor

It's not explosive, but I have relevant cards and dig, so this is for sure a keep, right?

t1
Mire, crack for sea, ponder. Top 3 are LED, Mire, Mire. I think I don't shuffle here, top as Mire, LED, Mire, and draw Mire.

t2:
Draw the LED I kept there, drop Mire.

So with 2 lands, a brainstorm under mox, petal and LED I can infernal tutor for ad naus and be able to cast it this turn, but only if I don't cast cabal therapy. But I know I have a Mire on top, so I can just pass turn and go off t3 with Cabal Therapy as well. So I think it's best to pass here.

I think it's a pressure thing, like anon said in the last thread. If I feel I NEED to go off this turn, I can either do it without Cabal Therapy, or try and pull a crazy brainstorm to do it now to replace my petal/mox with dark rituals, then infernal tutoring for Ad Naus. If it's not a pressure thing I pass, and go off next:

t3
Draw Mire. Play mire. Tap sea to cabal therapy. If I'm good to go off, then I can go crazy, otherwise I can brainstorm and crack a fetch. But lets say I'm good to go off:

Crack both mire, get sea and badlands. Chrome Mox and put brainstorm under it, lotus petal and LED all on field. Tap lands and play Infernal Tutor (I could go grab empty to make 14 goblins, but I assume ad naus is more relevant if I have the life total), crack LED for BBB, get Ad Naus from tutor. Sac petal and tap mox to cast ad naus. Delta, Rite of flame, Volcanic island, Cabal Therapy, Dark Ritual, Delta, Ponder, Petal, Ponder, Burning Wish, Probe, Dark Ritual, LED, Dark Ritual, brainstorm, rite of flame. So that's 12 life and I should be able to go off by playing LED and lotus petal. Saccing petal for R, rite of flame (RR), rite of flame (RRRR), Burning wish (RR), saccing LED for BBB and then using tendrils for like 26

Your feedback is appreciated.
>>
One more for now.
Draw 7

Delta, Mire
Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual,
Infernal Tutor, Infernal Tutor,
Brainstorm.

snapkeep

t1
mire, go

t2:
Draw duress, sac mire for underground sea, brainstorm, draw ponder, mire, petal. So I think I can go off next turn with duress support. Put ponder on top, then petal on top of that. play delta

t3
draw petal, play mire. Tap sea to duress. If good, sac delta for badlands. Tap badlands for dark rit. Infernal tutor revealing dark rit. Dark rit, Dark Rit (BBBBB) lotus petal hellbent tutor, (BBB, petal, mire) for either empty (16 goblins) or Ad Naus, Will sac mire for sea to get mana to ad naus.

I'm just going to leave it there, and not go thru another ad naus with you. With 4 LED, 3 Petal, 3 Chrome mox and 4 Burning wish I assume I'll be able to go off. How often do you ad naus with this deck and not go off the same turn?
>>
>>47668914
all lands decks should be running gamble
>>
What is the legit cheapest legacy deck that can actually defeat some of the better decks at least 25% of the time?
>>
>>47670769
eldrazi, followed by death & taxes
>>
>>47670769
Dredge
> except for LED

The hate sucks, but the sb games are fun.
>>
I'm playing reanimator, building junkblade. Group allows proxies so I can try anything.

Anyone here have experience making decent proxies for play testing? My current method is print them off my printer at home (it only does black & white) then cut them out and put over a sleeved draft-fodder common.
>>
>>47668773
Anyone else a little disappointed in the how minimal the price drops have been with the reprints. These limited print runs suck
>>
>>47673427
That's my method. It's been working well for me thus far. I wouldn't spend money to buy pro proxies. I shift a deck if I don't like it then keep it in those sleeves until I finish the deck.
>>
>>47673406
Not real dredge even. Manaless dredge. Probably built mine for a total of 40 bucks. Though I still need to build a sideboard
>>
>>47673507
I mean, I won 6 packs of EM from a legacy event playing dredge, so I'm happy.
>>
>>47673548
I love manaless, but it dies too easily to hate. At least mana dredge can play through that hate with some annoyance.
>>
Is Jund good right now? I really want to play it.
>>
Shardless BUG is a beautiful deck that I will never get to play
>>
>>47668988
Is there a reason to go Grixis Tezz over UB? I'm only just getting in to legacy so I don't know the metagame too well but Dack Fayden doesn't really seem worth it over JtMS. His ult does nothing, his looting seems worse than brainstorming and as far as I'm aware the only artifacts worth stealing aside from everything in affinity would be aether vials as you can't steal a divining top at sorcery speed unless your opponent doesn't know how to play. Daretti seems kind of neat though, if that could see play.
>>
>>47668773
>>
>>47675820
Jace and Ensnaring bridge seem like a nonbo.
>>
>>47677828
I suppose but so is Tezz's ability to make 5/5s
>>
>>47669164
You should goldfish doomsday next m8 ;)
>>
>>47669164
I think you go for Ad naus here. You'll have RB floating and stand a good chance to get something like rite, petal, wish, led and just get a tendrils kill on the spot.
>>
>>47673507
the set isn't out yet. Nothing that actually needs to drop will drop, but 10-20 dollar cards that have one printing and see play in one deck will probably take a nice hit
>>
>>47669164
Can't you just get wish into past in flames if life is an issue? You have double rit and tutor in the grave, no way you don't kill them. No reason you should empty the warrens with that hand.
>>
>>47678470
My bad, you can't wish into it you'd have to play it maindeck. Which you should be doing.
>>
>>47673507
I am dissappointed in no Imperial Recruiter, which was the one thing I really wanted.
>>
>>47678489
TES != ANT. It's much more reliant on ad nauseam and empty the warrens. You don want pif main because it's another high cmc card to fuck your ad naus up. Most games with tes you're aiming for an early empty for 12-16 goblins rather than a straight tendrils kill.
>>
>>47675127
You can get it for about $150 total through ChinaMan, cost including shipping and sleeves.
>>
Playing: Grixis Delver

Building: Imperial Painter

Next Purchase: 2 more german pyroblasts

Right now my favorite card in Painter is a Russian Jaya Ballard. Looks sweet, wins games.
>>
>>47675127
Shardless is a pile of powerful cards, but it isn't a powerful deck.
>>
Been playing dredge, kind of a bit more old school and combo oriented
I was playing ANT but sold it to get through college
I also have cards to make Oops which i love to play to mess with people
Dredge still holds a special place in my heart though, it's always going to be my favorite legacy deck. People I know taught me to play it as I was growing up and I finally was able to put it together
>>
>>47680553
See retards typing retarded shit like this is why the /tg/ is bad at magic meme exists.

Currently the 2nd most represented deck, listed in "decks to beat" by thesource, consistent results in paper magic

But it's not a "powerful deck" it's just a pile of powerful cards abloo bloo bloo. Shove it up your ugly ass.
>>
>>47680892
I fell for the bait because someone didn't like my deck - The Post
>>
So GP Prague this weekend. After playing Goblins for quite some time and trying TES, I will play Grixis Delver/4C Delver this time. Buut... not sure about Grixis or 4C yet. I really want to play 2 Decay main because of all the Leldrazi and their Chalices, but that means adding another land. Thus, I lose 3 slots and therefore don't play Stifles and only 1 Therapy main. Should I cut Spell Pierce//Forked Bolt instead?
>>
>>47681530
I run 18 lands with the 2 decay package. I don't like therapy MD right now, too many fair decks
>>
Gleeborp
>>
Rate my loam pox list
http://deckstats.net/decks/31256/274465-legacy-pox-/en

There's two sinkholes as filler, one is supposed to be tabernacle and the other any one of.

>tfw too poorfor tabernacle ;-;
>>
Playing MUD Forgemaster, feels good slamming T1 Chalices and Trinispheres. Been testing 4 Crystal Vein to help consistently hit T1 Monoliths and Chalices on 1, but it feels really weak to countermagic.
>>
>>47684027
Why not just play Eldrazi? It's just better.
>>
>>47684564
I like Metalworker decks, and being able to Forgemaster for SB cards in G2, especially Platinum Angel vs combo decks with no removal. I sold out of Modern during the Eldrazi Winter and I'm just sick of it
Are Tezzerator decks fun?
>>
In all seriousness... I hate dredge. SO much, I run 4 rest in peace in SB just to hate them out. I play miracles btw.
>>
>>47668773
How is legacy affinity?
I was composing a modern affinity deck only to realize a legacy one is cheaper.
Also is Stoneforge ravager affinity a thing?
>>
What is everyones opinion on Julian Knab's Chaos Elves list? For the uninformed, its basically Legacy Elves without Natural Order. It trades some of its combo potential for resilience and mid/late game playability. I can still combo out and draw my entire deck turn 3/4 pretty easily, while being able to get out of most locks much more easily than normal elvs.
>>
>>47685087
>How is legacy affinity?
Legacy Affinity is Tier 4

>Also is Stoneforge ravager affinity a thing?
Yes
>>
Planning on building Burn.
Goblin Guides, Eidolons and Fetches are currently off the table for me, so how is this for a budget list?

4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Keldon Marauders
2 Sulfuric Vortex
4 Fireblast
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Price of Progress
3 Searing Blood
4 Chain Lightning
4 Flame Rift
4 Lava Spike
4 Rift Bolt
19 Mountain

Since I'm not running fetches I didn't include Grim Lavamancer and Searing Blaze. Searing Blood seems like a nice alternative for Blaze, thought I'm not sure if I should run in the the main board.

Not sure on the sideboard yet, but thought of something along these lines:
4 Faerie Macabre
3 Pyrostatic Pillar
3 Smash To Smithereens
3 Pyroblast
2 Volcanic Fallout

Maybe switch something for Exquisite Firecraft.
>>
>>47685710
Eidolon is literally the card that pushed Burn into tier 1 in Modern and made it relevant in Legacy, and Goblin Guide is the most aggressive 1 drop ever printed. So your deck is VERY suboptimal desu senpai.
>>
>>47685750
Yes, I realize the lack of Eidolon weakens the deck dramatically. Guess there's no alternative other than saving up for a playset.
>>
>>47685500
I played it, I thought it was pretty goofy and it only gets goofier as he changes things (he's playing Jitte and Winter Orb now). Natural Order is where it's at. Just because you board it out a lot doesn't mean it's not one of the best cards in the deck.
>>
>>47683915
with entomb you may want to consider darkblast as a one of
>>
>>47683915
>>47686771
also look at your list again you might want to think about Cabal Pit or Pernicious Deed, and I would replace one urborg and one swamp for fetches

I'm also not a big fan of the one of stage dapths in there with two crops, I would just replace those with a fourth factory and fill either discard or removal for the last three, depending on what your meta calls for
>>
Does anyone know if Eternal Masters is going to have a garaunteed foil in each pack?
>>
>>47687305
It does.

General question though, what's your least favorite tier 1 deck? Mine's Shardless, feels worse than bug delver to me. I'd rather play anything else really.
>>
>>47687305
They do.
>>
>>47687331
Eldrazi and Shardless are both that for me. Of all the tier 1 decks, they're the ones I'm happiest to be paired against
>>
Can anyone weight in on Zombie Bombardment? Id like to make it my first legacy deck and it looks fun. It seems resilient and flexible, but im not sure what the whole meta looks like with it.
>>
>>47689382
That deck is like T3-T4. Don't spend your money buying into legacy with a wacky deck that isn't at least Tier 2 or so, you'll only be disappointed and find yourself wanting to switch decks ASAP.
>>
>>47671152
Fuck off, manabase is expensive in both of those.

Probably under radar rogue decks are the best bet so far as the cheap decks go. Such as goblins and burn.
>>
>>47681148
Say stupid shit
>It was bait

Whatever, 4chan is cancer of internet. Right alongside with mtgsalvation.
>>
>>47692198
I posted that. I firmly believe that representation is not directly correlated with how powerful a deck is. Shardless may not be a bad deck, but going into a field blind it would not make the short list of decks I would consider
>>
>>47693076
>>47692198
Yeah we're different people. I was just making fun of you.
>>
>>47693568
Plus I agree with the guy who said shardless is sketchy. Not being able to effectively play cheap counterspells is rough these days.
>>
>>47686944
I have the thespian stage combo to beat linear decks like burn. I already have the deck in paper. I can't go back I foiled those lands out already famalan ;-;. Probably will get a Cabal pit doe.
>>
>>47678189
Appreciate the feedback. Anyone else have feedback on those run thrus I posted?
>>
>>47694058
Sure let me read them
>>47670079
In this one, adnauseam with no floating mana is a bit sketchy. You need to get red mana, wish and enough black to cast tendrils, so you need like LED LED petal rite wish, or LED rite rote petal wish I'd lean towards the gobs if I thought my opponent couldn't deal. Ad naus has a high probability of working I guess but since you've seen their hand you can judge what to do.
>>
>>47691294
What is top tier then ?
>>
>>47694256
Most would sat Miracles, eldrazi stompy, shardless bug, storm, sneak and show, dnt, lands. something like that. There are tons of very viable legacy decks but zombardment was a flash in the pan.
>>
>>47689382
Dude it is really good. If your opponent hasn't gone against it omfg will it wreck any delver deck.
>>
What is the best color combination for goblins? R/W or B/R or just R? I have been out of legacy for a year because no one plays around where I live and was going to play on magic online
>>
>>47695125
Br with earwig squad in a more stompy-style list. Just play thorn in the sideboard
>>
Speaking of miracles, I'm fresh out of modern after tearing up the place with eldrazi and I plan to move into legacy. Miracles appeals to me and I wanted to ask how likely part of it will be axed. I understand legacy is much more stable in regard to bans but I'm looking at the numbers and top control is nearly 20%. Nothing to worry about?
>>
>>47695353
I wouldn't worry about it. If you're looking at the MODO metagame, that shit is heavily, heavily warped due to the inaccessibility of Rishadan Port. The price of that card on MODO means far, far fewer players are on Lands and D&T compared to paper.
>>
>>47695509
Good info. Thank man.
>>
>>47695353
Legacy isn't a format where you see bans very often. Miracles may be the best deck, but it's neither unbeatable nor dominant.

If enough people whine, a counterbalance ban is not outside the realm of possibility
>>
>tfw a digital card, Rishadan Port, is 200+ dollars on mtgo
>shot up about 50 bucks since it wan't reprinted

Without it, I can't play Lands. Fucking hell.
>>
>>47695287
Stompy style?
>>
>>47694256
If you're looking for most powerful in an open metagame, I'd say Miracles, Grixis/BUG Delver, Lands, Death and Taxes, Elves, Sneak and Show or ANT.
>>
>>47695353
Btw miracles appeals to many. Make sure to proxy it and keep playing it, to see if you enjoy it. I played it for a while and though it was a good deck, I found it extremely boring to play. The charm of controling the whole game wears off after you realize most games will go to time.
>>
>>47695353
There's a tourney coming up, so it might be worth revisiting the question after that. But probably nothing will change.

While the deck is absurdly over-represented, and has silly efficient tools in it's box, it's not THAT gamebreaking and actually helps keep the format cleaner than it would be without Miracles.
>>
File: AE.jpg (65 KB, 550x440) Image search: [Google]
AE.jpg
65 KB, 550x440
Anyone playing enchantress?
Any secret tech?
>>
>>47695758
i'm not going to play d&t on modo because of this, which means i'm just not going to play modo. not worth. luckily cardhoarder was more than happy to cut me a four-figure check for my modo collection.
>>
File: _.jpg (137 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
137 KB, 480x680
>>47696345
I have indeed begun to notice that while play testing. It's simply not aggressive enough for my taste. However, it is the most cost effective entry point and I'm that foolish sort that has to learn by stepping in it first. So damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead!
>>
>>47697728
If you don't have enough money to make a legacy deck you will enjoy. I recommend abandoning miracles and build a deck you will Enjoy even if you won't finish it as quickly
>>
>>47697728
If you want a more aggro bent, why not try D&T or Eldrazi? They're both quite a bit cheaper than decks that run duals.
>>
>>47697728
Legacy for Most people is a love format. (people usually stick to one deck). Which is what makes it the best format imo. Lots of viable decks with all sorts of win conditions. Make sure to choose wisely <3.
>>
>>47698073
>>47698075
>>47698109
Thanks a lot gents. I will give this more consideration.
>>
>>47693700
if burn is a problem in your meta, spinning darkness in the board helps a lot

it's good in other matchups too
>>
>>47695787
I mean a chalice of the void deck with ancient tomb. Cavern Of souls will let you cast your gobbos through chalice at any amount and ancient Tomb will let you power out earwig squad on turn two to take the wind out of combo's sails. You'll need stingscourger to beat sneak and show.
>>
Is fluctuator combo a real deck?
>>
>>47684744
inb4 you lose to your dredge opponent slamming Helm of Obedience
>>
>>47695353
Miracles was only oppressive with DTT, now that its gone, the deck has 50/50 at best against most fair decks. No way is it going to get banned, the deck keeps a lot of the really degenerate stuff in check.
>>
File: 3484_200w.jpg (19 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
3484_200w.jpg
19 KB, 200x285
What feeling is better than t1 blood moon on the play?
>>
>>47702378
>only 50% at best against most fair decks
Lol no.
>>
>>47703816
Marit lage t1
>>
>>47695865
>Lands, Elves
>t1
lol no
>>
File: Mishra's Factory.png (115 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Mishra's Factory.png
115 KB, 223x311
How do you feel about a Mishra's Factory in Death and Taxes
>>
>>47703971
I run one. I like it.
>>
>>47703928
Lands is heavily favored against most, if not all, creature based decks. Miracles is pretty 50/50. Outside of storm and turbo moon, has no awful matchups.

Chaos Elves is pretty good against most fair decks, and can race many unfair decks
>>
>>47704021
Not him, but they're not T1.
>>
>>47704039
Other than miracles, of course.
>>
>>47704039
Ok. Why?
>>
>>47704063
Tiers are based on usage and results.
>>
File: straya.jpg (416 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
straya.jpg
416 KB, 1024x724
>>47704039
>legacy tiers
>things that matter

choose only one, newfriend
>>
>>47704169
I didn't say they mattered. Idgaf about tiers, but I'm trying to clarify tiers to those who do. Try again, faggot.
>>
>>47704182
>even mentioning ''''''''''tiers''''''''''
back to modern with you, stinkfat
>>
>>47668773
The revery alone will do, / If bees are few.
>>
>>47704274
I wasn't even the first to mention tiers.
>>
>>47703971
I have one, its pretty good.
>>
>go to midnight EMA draft at store I've never been to
>as round 1 ends everyone gets up and gathers around people openinget boxes of EMA
>people have been watching other people open EMA and hooting and hollering about their good/shitty pulls for the last hour
>I'm sitting here waiting about my round 2 opponent growing more and more tired
>I have an hour drive back home (Ithe was the closest store that got any EMA at all)
Why do people buy boxes just to open them? It's like the lottery but worse and stupider. You got a foil worldgorger dragon congrats dumbshit
>>
Should I get an expedition or russian foil Stomping Ground for Belcher?
>>
>>47702378
It's not even the best anti-Belcher deck.
>>
>>47705971
get a taiga
>>
>>47703816
T1 metal worker, T1 trinisphere,T1 win
>>
>>47706155
>>47705971
Dont listen to this schmuck get the Russian foil. Belcher with a taiga isn't cheeky enough. You need an overpriced shockland.
>>
>>47706698
Actually looks like the expedition is more expensive so you should probably go with that.
>>
>>47706712
Expedition is about 70 eurobucks on MCM whereas the only Gatecrash Russian foils are 120, but I have to consider A E S T H E T I C S as well, the expedition is just so pretty.
>>
>>47678756
Which deck runs Imperial Recruiter and why?
>>
>>47706861
Ah see Expedition is more expensive here in burgerland
>>
>>47706986
Aluren and imperial painter and some people splash red in dnt because it tutors for all their best dudes
>>
>>47701639
Well I'm only out 40 bucks for this hilarious piece of trash
>>
>>47706041
"Decks with spell pierce" are the best belcher decks. Its really not that hard.
>>
>>47708496
Spell Pierce sucks on the draw against belcher senpai
>>
>>47693597
A lot of decks manage without it.
>>
>>47709216
It sucks on the play as well if Belcher has 2 excess mana (guides/petals) to dump (pretty common with etw).
>>
>>47709717
That too. Really only force of will is good against belcher. Which is kind of the point of the belcher deck, and of playing force at all.
>>
>>47709560
But there are also decks that play a the same cards shardless does (except maybe hymn) and also play cheap soft countermagic.
>>
File: 1367515129924.png (56 KB, 800x815) Image search: [Google]
1367515129924.png
56 KB, 800x815
>>47692170
this is you
>>
>>47707035
>some people splash red in dnt because it tutors for all their best dudes
that's the magus of the moon version, which is only good if bug and eldrazi are your meta
>>
Got a pack of eternal masters today. Got a mythic! It was balance.
>>
>>47710589
i got a foil sphinx of the steel wind
>>
>>47709925
Belcher does not generally have extra mana at every stage. 1 is doable, 2 extra mana generally is not
>>
>>47709956
BUG Delver plays most. Shardless also has difficulty applying early pressure.
>>
>>47710664
True but if the opponent counters at the wrong time then 2 extra mana is pretty reasonable. Proper sequencing from the belcher player can help a lot in this respect.
>>
>>47710882
Proper sequencing can only get you so far. A disciplined anti-belcher player will counter either the second or third mana. Depending on the opening, trading for 2-3 cards can be enough
>>
>>47703918
This.
>>
>>47711082
Turn 1 blood moon does turn off turn 1 marit lage
>>
>>47703971
modern dweeb here
why would you use this over mutavault?
>>
Anyone have a Pacha edit of Jace TMS?

>When you brainstorm just right
>>
>>47711598
Multiple factories can pump each other to hit for 3 or 4
>>
>>47711641
Oh that makes sense. i thought that poster was talking about a single copy
>>
>>47711197
Not if I t1 first!
>>
>>47711684
In a non-tribal deck, a single Factory is still better than a single Mutavault since Factory can pump itself and block as a 3/3.
>>
>>47711711
how
>>
>>47711786
>pay 1 to animate
>declare as blocker
>tap before damage to give +1/+1
r u dum
>>
>>47711711
hey that's pretty neato
>>
>>47703816
Dredging away 36+ cards t1
>>
>>47692170
>Eldrazi
>Expensive manabase

This is legacy, they are as cheap as they're getting. Besides, the fuck is expensive ont eh Eldrazi list, like 2 City of Traitors? Nigga, they're cheaper than Goyfs.
>>
>>47668914
I play June lands and use Entomb instead. Instant speed is pretty great.
>>
>>47712257
You can't entomb for a k grip or sphere. Well, you can'l; but it will end poorly.
>>
>>47711058
While I agree that an experienced player should be fine with a spell pierce, how often do you think people test the belcher matchup?
>>
>>47692170
Eldrazi is fucking cheaper than Goblins, you absolute retard.
>>
>>47714200
In my experience, you run into it once or twice then it clicks. I play against it a lot, and after the second game I was able to hold them off with soft counters quite efficiently
>>
>>47709956
Utterly meaningless nonsense. There are no other decks that play Shardless Agent, which is the main reason Shardless BUG doesn't play any other counterspell except FOW, and maybe others in the sb.
>>
File: 20160610_180355.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160610_180355.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
Speaking of eternal here's my first Pack of eternal memesters and the last
>>
>>47714984
Yeah I guess. There's no belcher in my meta and most people I play with aren't open grinders so I'm pretty sure I could run through them with belcher for a week or two before they figured out that just having a counterspell wasn't enough, they had to know where to put it,
>>
>>47715203
Hey tardo, I meant that decks like bug delver play very similar cards except they also get to play good spells like spell pierce and flusterstorm because they don't put pointless deckbuilding restrictions on themselves with cards that aren't really that good. Obviously there are no decks that play THE EXACT SAME CARDS as Shardless because then it would literally be shardless. Christ some people are dumb.
>>
>>47715580

So what you're saying is that you're an ultra legacy Amadeus, a prodigy, and everybody but you, including the people top 8'ing Grand Prix and such, is just stupid for thinking shard less agent is good?
>>
>>47715580
>Hey tardo, I meant that decks like bug delver play very similar cards except they also get to play good spells like spell pierce and flusterstorm because they don't put pointless deckbuilding restrictions on themselves with cards that aren't really that good.
>>they don't put pointless deckbuilding restrictions on themselves with cards that aren't really that good
Shardless BUG is the second or third most popular deck in the format currently and is seeing more success than bug delver. Apparently these deckbuilding restrictions are proving more successful. bug Delver is the weaker bug archetype currently.
Also
>Pointless
If you think it's pointless you should go back to standard, friend. You're too dumb for Legacy.
>>
>>47715951
>>47715942
oh boy, the shardless players are at it again, getting angry because someone doesn't like their deck. Just because a deck sees more play doesn't mean it is necessarily better, and legacy is a format where a skilled player can make top 8 with almost anything.

The best Shardless Agent deck is Aluren
>>
>>47716400
>oh boy, the shardless players are at it again
Try again, retard. I don't much care for the deck, but I don't have a blind hatred for it like you do.

>Just because a deck sees more play doesn't mean it is necessarily better
You seem to have conveniently missed the part where it also sees more success currently.

>The best Shardless Agent deck is Aluren
Oh yes, the deck that has seen alot of success... oh wait.
>>
>>47716563
for the record, Aluren made top8 at GP SeaTac.

>Accuses me of not understanding probability
I'm sure if 60% of the field was playing Sea Stompy it would see more success too.
>>
>tfw you get blown the fuck out by grave hate/swords to plowshares
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tumbling_downavimp4gifdec/
>>
>>47715544
Its a good deck to keep people honest once in a while, but it's very easy to hate out.

That being said, I've played a lot of storm decks, so I might just see the holes a little more.

>>47716945
I have played Shardless and Aluren extensively. Aluren has a stronger manabase, more cheap disruption, and Aluren can threaten a kill out of nowhere against combo. I believe that it's a much more resilient, much stronger deck
>>
File: WP_20160605_18_42_02_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160605_18_42_02_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 3072x1728
I've been playing this for a few months and enjoying it a lot.

Decent matchups against Delver, Miracles, Shardless, etc. Has some problems against combo, but my sideboard is spec'd against it.

Plus I love casting Nicol Bolas and Ugin in legacy.
>>
>>47717166
how's life in australia
>>
>>47717030
>I have played Shardless [...] extensively.

can i see your list? feel like i have no idea what i'm doing
>>
>>47697402

I've been playing D&T with ghost quarters and it works pretty okay
>>
>>47711598

It can pump itself while blocking to become a 3/3, which is huge against stuff like Snapcaster
>>
>>47717166

why not cut red to make your mana way better/add more basics? Decay/Disfigure is about as good a removal suite as bolt, and you're rarely going to be going upstairs when your wincons are planeswalker ults. Karn or a second Ugin would be a fine replacement for Bolas
>>
>>47717923
A lot of lists of the desk are just BUG, yeah, but honestly one of the reasons I put the deck together was the chance to play Nicol Bolas in Legacy, so I'm pretty committed to keeping the red in.
>>
>>47716945
>for the record, Aluren made top8 at GP SeaTac.
>one GP top8
>a lot of success

>I'm sure if 60% of the field was playing Sea Stompy it would see more success too.
I'm sure if 60% of the field was playing Shardless it would see more more success than it already has.
>>
>>47718703
The point is over there.

A lot of people play Shardless. It therefore puts up a lot more results than a less widely played deck. This has nothing to do with deck quality
>>
>>47717252
From memory?

1 Creeping Tar Pit
1 Forest
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Swamp
2 Bayou
2 Tropical Island
4 Polluted Delta
4 Underground Sea
4 Verdant Catacombs
2 Wasteland
3 Baleful Strix
4 Deathrite Shaman
4 Shardless Agent
4 Tarmogoyf
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2 Liliana of the Veil
4 Abrupt Decay
4 Brainstorm
4 Force of Will
1 Maelstrom Pulse
1 Toxic Deluge
2 Hymn to Tourach
4 Ancestral Vision
SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
SB: 1 Null Rod
SB: 1 Pithing Needle
SB: 1 Dismember
SB: 2 Disfigure
SB: 1 Sylvan Library
SB: 1 Diabolic Edict
SB: 2 Golgari Charm
SB: 1 Nihil Spellbomb
SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
SB: 3 Thoughtseize
>>
>>47717200
came here to post this. australian-bordered duals are sick as fuck
>>
File: ETM pulls.jpg (91 KB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
ETM pulls.jpg
91 KB, 800x452
should I hold on to these or flip them immediately?
>>
>>47719615
How about you flip yourself?
>>
Here's what i'm playing. Because why not beatdown with a massive Kavu Predator or kill someone with False Cure and a bunch of alternative cost lifegaining spells for the opponent. Bonuses include killing a Storm player to his own Tendrils.

4 Deathrite Shaman
4 Kavu Predator
1 Sensei's Divining Top
4 Skyshroud Cutter
4 Green Sun's Zenith
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Forest
4 False Cure
3 Marsh Flats
1 Karakas
4 Dark Confidant
3 Swamp
1 Dryad Arbor
4 Invigorate
3 Thoughtseize
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Savannah
2 Scrubland
4 Bayou
1 Sylvan Safekeeper
4 Verdant Catacombs
2 Reverent Silence

Sideboard

1 Nature's Claim
1 Pithing Needle
1 Spirit of the Labyrinth
1 Krosan Grip
2 Ethersworn Canonist
1 Duress
1 Vindicate
2 Golgari Charm
1 Engineered Plague
2 Rest in Peace
2 Abrupt Decay
>>
>Drafted EMA tonight
>Limited is alright but nothing spectacular, most exciting thing I saw was BBE+Wirewood Symbiote
>All I pulled was Toxic Deluge, Relic, Ashnod's Altar, and a foil Elvish Vangard
>Only thing good in my single prize pack was a Deathrite
If you're not sold on the set yet, I'm recommending you skip it or swipe some singles as they come down in price.
>>
GP Prague on twitch right now.
>>
>>47721219
thanks m8

Hoping to see reanimator doing well, but I won't hold my breath.
>>
>>47721343
Calling it now, at least one Eldrazi deck in the top 8 in at least one of the GPs
>>
>piling a mulligan in g3 when time has been called
Should have gotten a game loss right there.
>no belcher or dredge on camera yet
>>
>>47721588
>no belcher or dredge on camera yet
I like your style, but come on son. It's not gonna happen.
>>
>>47721469
Eldrazi vs. Eldrazi, right now, zzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>47722015
At least it was only like fifteen minutes.
>>
Pter Sochurek is a mouthbreathing retard. Holy shit, what an awful game. Courser should not be in Legacy, especially not in a Delver deck post-board against Miracles. And, you should never force a Council's Judgement on your Baleful Strix. Floch isn't much better, but damn.
>>
>>47722491
>Courser should not be in Legacy
Why not? It ensures that you draw gas every turn and the lifegain can be backbreaking. Sure it's not amazing against perfecttopdecks.dec but maybe his board had nothing better.
>>
>>47722491
The altered BB revised duals are a dead giveaway Petr doesn't know what he's doing, disgusting.
>>
>>47722512
>maybe his board had nothing better.
Not him, but how do you not prepare against the most popular deck in the format?
>>
>>47722512
Pretty much anything is better than a 3 mana 2 power creature in a matchup that you need to win quickly as the Delver player. If he really didn't have anything better to bring in, then he failed terribly in building his side-board.
>>
Any Lands yet?
>>
>>47722541
Well what I'm seeing here is that 1) Courser is VERY likely to slip through Counterbalance considering Miracles is mostly 1/2 mana spells, and 2) it ensures you draw gas every turn, which is quite a big deal for Delver. Slipping through Counterbalance with value feels like his reason, but as to why that card wasn't a Clique I just don't know. I suppose you can set up a Courser to instantly get value since when it resolves you get priority to play the land you knew was on top. It certainly doesn't feel like the worst creature you could play. It also doesn't get hit by red blasts which Miracles will 100% bring in game 2.
>>
Hello. I've tried to get into legacy but there simply isn't a meta to play against, and even if there was I'm a poorfag so I'd get rekt.

That being said, should I keep my playset of Tempest Wastelands? Should I sell them? Are they going to nosedive or are they expected to rise again?
>>
>>47722887
They will go back up, this is the low point
>>
>>47668773
>bought almost everything for my dredge
>missing only gemstone mines and sideboard

I'm so fucking happy, guys. I never thought I'd be able to build a legacy deck, and now I have one that's almost playable.
>>
>>47722922
So you have LEDs but no Gemstone Mines? Sweet. SB is pretty cheap for dredge, only Firestorm is on the more expensive side and you can get away with running 1-2, depending on the meta.
>>
>>47722909
Thanks anon
>>
>>47722922
>Playing a dredge variant capable of generating mana
laughing_vampire.jpg
>>
>>47723129
>playing worst dredge

It's not even magic at that point.
>>
>>47721618
Don't go around crushing my dreams man.
>>
>>47722015
All I have to say about Eldrazi is this: the person at my shop who plays it and loves it has moderate mental retardation. Like, can't drive a car retardation.

Its a great deck for people who have difficulty thinking.
>>
Favorite card in the format?
>>
>>47724052
Thalia/Umezawa's jiite/Sword of Fire and ice

Guess what deck i play?
>>
>>47724162
...Maverick?
>>
File: griselbrandjapanese.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
griselbrandjapanese.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>>47724052
>>
File: fow.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
fow.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>47724052
>>
>>47724181
>>47724219
No, lands you dum dums.

For real though, D&T. Maverick and any kind of blade are fun too though.
>>
>>47722997
I got the LEDs after selling part of my collection. I had completely forgotten about the Mines until I brought up the decklist again.

>>47723129
>scooping games 2 and 3 if they have any sort of hate
>>
>>47724396
You can pretty much mix and match with CIty of Brasses and Mana Confluences as well in order to get to your 12-13 lands, in my experience it doesn't really matter that much unless you face a lot of Goblins or DnT, or the life really matters (it doesn't usually).
>>
>>47724860
I got 4 City of Brass, no Mana Confluences.
>>
>>47724254
You gonna shell out for one of these?
>>
>>47724881
You're planning on running 4x Gemstone Mine? How many lands total? My manabase atm is:

4x Cephalid C
3x City of Brass
4x Mana Confluence
1-2x Gemstone Mine (varies, sometimes in SB).
>>
>>47724931
4x Coliseums, 4x City of Brass, 4x Gemstone Mine. I thought that was the most common build.
>>
>>47724886
I like the old art better
>>
>>47724953
City of Brass is a bit obsolete on its own, since Mana Confluence is 99% of the times better (CoB pings you if you get Ported).

The mutually agreed base right now is:
4x Cephalid C
4x Mana Confluence

and Cities, Gemstones, Undiscovered Paradises, etc... to personal flavour. 12 lands is pretty safe, the lowest you can go is probably 10 (not advised imo).
>>
>>47724860
>You can pretty much mix and match with CIty of Brasses and Mana Confluences as well in order to get to your 12-13 lands, in my experience it doesn't really matter that much unless you face a lot of Goblins or DnT, or the life really matters (it doesn't usually).
City is strictly worse because the ability puts a trigger on the stack at the same time you get the mana, which gives your opponent one last shot at priority before you dredge his shit.
>>
File: best new tech.png (113 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
best new tech.png
113 KB, 223x311
>>47724261
>For real though, D&T.
Are you on the Displacer Train yet?
>>
>>47725016
But Mana Confluence is a bit more expensive and I already had a set of City of Brass. I'm working on a budget here, that's why I got 4 LEDs and not 4 FoWs.
>>
>>47725200
Haven't tried it out, but I could definitely see running one main, one side. The ability is just a little expensive though.
>>
>>47725182
I agree that City is worse (see >>47725016), but the situation which you describe really seems far fetched.

Like, in which scenario do you tap your City where your opponent wouldn't get priority anyways? You get the mana from the ability instantanious anyways.
>>
>>47725200
Is it actually good? I would think that the activation would be just a little too expensive to play nice with our ports and wastes. On the other hand, flickering flickerwisps is the best thing ever.
>>
>>47725277
Sure, but if they do it during your upkeep, you'll have a mana floating and possibly nothing to do with it, and you'll get a ping either way.
>>
>>47725220
LED is a lot more expensive than FoW lad. But I get your point, it doesn't matter all that much in terms of overall strategy, but those little percentages and edges add up over the course of a large number of games.

Just some things to consider for the future man. Keep the dredge dream alive.
>>
>>47725311
Yes, which was the scenario I described in >>47725016 , but I wanted to know when the scenario you described ever occurs
>>
>>47725315
It wasn't when I bought them, and FoW goes in decks with a much more expensive manabase and creatures.
>>
>>47725439
Fair point.
>>
>>47725292
it's great desu. blocks snaps, turns off marit lage, turns off single attacker decks, generates value with sfm/finks/wisp/mangara/revoker etc.
i don't think the ability is 'too expensive' considering we're running like 23-24 lands and are a vial deck.
it's kinda like having a permanent that plays the roles of maze of ith and restoration angel.
>>
>>47726601
That does sound pretty good. Guess I should test with a couple.
>>
Fuck it, might as well ask you guys for some help.

I'm on reanimator, and am heavily debating
1) if I want Show and Tell in the 75, and
2) how I would want to split them between main and sideboard

Is it better to hide them entirely in the side for G1 and 2? Or is some sort of split better? I can't really seem to decide, anyone with more experience running them willing to provide insight? My main concern is that they're kind of clunky and seem to pull your strategy in two directions. On the other hand, it's nice to have a way to sidestep oppressive graveyard hate.

The same goes with Ponder. When I run a couple I almost always seem to want none, but when I cut them it seems like I don't have enough ways to dig in my deck. I figure that the large amount of redundancy should help me naturally find what I need, but that doesn't seem to be the case enough, which makes me more reliant on a good opening hand, and thus, more agressive mulliganing. Are you pro or anti Ponder in reanimator /tg/?
>>
>>47726601
Do you have a list for the Displacer version? Very interested to see what it looks like. I'm one Port away from having my deck finished. Local shops for about 25 miles have been cleaned out by people trying to make money off the lack of reprint.
>>
>>47703816
Tendrils for lethal
>>
>>47730314
After casting doomsday twice in one turn.
>>
File: 20160611_213003.jpg (2 MB, 2293x2589) Image search: [Google]
20160611_213003.jpg
2 MB, 2293x2589
what would the play on this be if I were trying to sell it
>>
>>47732240
No one wants it besides Belcher, and even then they prefer a foil Russian Stomping Grounds instead.
>>
File: 37.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
Schrodinger's Combo Hypothesis states that before you cast gitaxian probe, they are in a superposition of states where they both have and do not have FoW for your combo piece, once you resolve your gitaxian probe you collapse the wavefunction
>>
>>47733363
that joke sucks.
>>
File: Lions Eye Diamond.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Lions Eye Diamond.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>47668773
>Playing
LED Dredge. Never lose a game one, rarely win game 2 or 3. Stupid fun though as long as I remember triggers, for fucks sake.

>Building
Doomsday storm. Will probably turn into TES after I get bored of losing to myself.
>>
>>47732240
Probably your best bet is EDH players. They are everywhere so you could ask around locally. There's almost no decks in Legacy that use Taiga.
>>
>>47733363
Nice rebbit meme xD I'll gibe you and upboat for that!
>>
File: 16.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
>>47722734
>Miracles is mostly 1/2 mana spells
>>
So if you guys had a choice between using the older art card or the newer art cards for your deck, which cards and particular and why? Assuming money wasn't much of an issue.
>>
File: 1465428021800.jpg (47 KB, 600x363) Image search: [Google]
1465428021800.jpg
47 KB, 600x363
My card shop is gonna have a few 100 percent proxy allowed "tournies" for fun.
What's a good legacy deck that is aggro but not either eldrazi stompy or burn? Doesn't have to be T1 but within T2 preferably.
>>
>>47734250
Shardless BUG
>>
>>47734250
False Cure is pretty giggles, and you get to play an Olle.

Dragon or Sea Stompy will piss people off.

Delver might be your best bet though
>>
>>47734091
I prefer the old border, so I go for the older arr usually. What's funny is I like Cyrillic text on my cards, so my decks usually end up being half Russian half German
>>
>>47733381
Git Probe can be a bad cantrip, but sometimes its "pay 2 life: target opponent discards their hand"
>>
>>47728513
Thats really list dependent. I like a 1/2 split on SnT, as it gives you a maindeck way to deal with grave hate, but I'd probably only run that alongside 2-3 ponder. It really depends on what your discard outlets are.
>>
>>47734250
DnT, or some other stoneforge deck.
>>
>>47725338
When you're playing against Death and Taxes or Goblins or Lands. If you run nature's claim it actually gets closer to mana confluence.
>>
>>47733526
TES is the best storm variant right now. Doomsday is a very close second
>>
>>47734091
I tend to go with whatever art I find I like more, and if it's a reprint with no new art, I go for the older border since I find that the style of the art fits better in it's native border so to say. Although, I dislike a lot of the art for new blue cards, they all look the fucking same. It's like they are under strict orders from Wizards to have hand waving blue shit in every single spell.
>>
File: Mango.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Mango.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>47728921
this is a winning displacer list. it isn't my personal 75 but it's very close and a more reputable source than 'anonymous /tg/ poster'
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=103788
>>
File: EXPLAIN.png (369 KB, 972x820) Image search: [Google]
EXPLAIN.png
369 KB, 972x820
E X P L A I N
X
P
L
A
I
N
>>
>>47735454
He probably cut a natural order for a magus of the moon
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.