[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever gotten bullied for being into the tg-life, either
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 1463536439555.jpg (140 KB, 600x1724) Image search: [Google]
1463536439555.jpg
140 KB, 600x1724
Have you ever gotten bullied for being into the tg-life, either in your youth or in recent years?
>>
>>47666080
Nah... but i bullied moba players in my school with wi-fi jammer and keep restarting routers for Ethernet branches in library...
>>
I was a closeted nerd masquerading quite well as a Jock in an affluent suburban area outside Washington DC growing up in the 1990s. No one outside of my nerd buddies at the game shop knew about my hobbies which included pretty much all the GW games, D&D, Rifts, CCGs et al. I purposely went to game store of sufficient distance that I was unlikely to run into my own schools nerds.

I went to Lacrosse camp at the University of Maryland my Jr. year of high school. Some of the guys saw me reading a Shadowrun paperback novel in the lounge after hours. They started giving me shit and said "I bet you play Magic". I said what "Never heard of it what the fuck faggot shit is that? They dropped it.
>>
>>47669401
You coward
>>
>>47666080
Yup. Rural Northern Ireland tends to be disdainful of anything that's Not Real.

>John-Joe down the road bought a new linkage for his John Deere 6910? Tell me more, my good man.

>What's this club you go to at school?...What the fuck is a warhammers? It's like chess...pfft, fuck off.

Wasn't much fun.
>>
>>47666080
In high school I was bullied for being an anime girl.
>>
>>47669299
Your just a sad little boy
>>
>>47669635
Praise from Caesar.
>>
>>47669635
Yep, but seeing twenty years old college students crying, because they was disconnected from winning battle and smashing their gaming laptops... it was so good... Also everybody did the dinosaur, when i turn on my jammer during finals and local wi-fi in classroom went to shit, so no wikipedia for them...
>>
>>47669824
>Also everybody did the dinosaur, when i turn on my jammer during finals and local wi-fi in classroom went to shit, so no wikipedia for them...

Honestly for the better. You get far more knowledge from citing books in a library than you ever would on wikipedia.
>>
>>47669299
A true american hero
>>
>>47669824
You might not be the hero they needed, but you are the villain they deserved!
>>
My PSG tried to make some shit out of my 40k hobbies, as did some of my squad leaders.

Dropped it pretty much entirely when they figured out FSG knew what it was and had played it before, though got the occasional joke about playing with dolls.
>>
>>47666080
Nope, because despite my nerdy awkwardness, my entire existence didn't revolve around videogames and D&D
>>
I didn't get into /tg/ until college so no.
>>
>>47669824
Maybe someone will make a habit of disrupting a time-sensitive but ultimately not life-shattering service you are using at some point, who knows.

I just hope none of those dumb kids were playing for a major pot.
>>
>>47669858
Yes, true, but many of them didn't even know about the full online book repository, that was at their disposal. Half assed answers from the wiki scripts were by their opinion far better.

>>47669886
>>47669903
Best part was, that true hardworkers were untouched by my shenanigans, only lazy fucks cried a river every time i was near.

>>47670005
Well, life always fucked with me, so I made a habit to check everything twice and always plan and work ahead. And yes, there probably was some major stuff sometimes, at least the CS:GO players cried loudest.

When you speak about time sensitive service, I remember, when i used simple DoS attack, to shut down file server just four hours before deadline on sunday midnight. Best part... if you uploaded just something BEFORE deadline, you could update your work the next twenty four hours for just minor malus (something like 5% of your grade). The rage on facebook after my little attack was wonderful! Cries of despair, because why work, when some autist will do our assignment and upload it day before its due.
>>
File: slow clap.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
slow clap.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>47669299
>>
>>47666080
No.
>>
>>47670225
>life always fucked with me
Ah, so you're the type that defaults to passing on abuse to the next generation. Well, little to be done about it at this point.

I always tell my little brother not to play important matches on public wifi or in some "secure" academic shithole of a network; last weekend he pulled in 5 figures USD, which I'm proud of but I think at some point you have to protect your source of income a little more carefully. Just be professional about it, you know?
>>
>>47670225
>why work, when some autist will do our assignment and upload it day before its due
I don't understand what you are trying to say here. You are proud of punishing "lazy" people for not submitting their work early?
>>
>>47666080
Not really. It's more like when people can't relate to the subject they stop caring. Only remember an accountant at my previous job commenting on me reading Unearthed Arcana with "So.. you're into fairy tales, Anon?". But it was more like trying to be playful and strike up a conversation.
>>
File: 1465055564473.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1465055564473.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>47666080
Oh god OP, that pic. My sides are out for a stroll.
>>
Not really, no
I do like to tease my girlfriend for being into it tho
>>
>>47670333
I wouldn't say, that i "pass" it. It's not like i accept the shit life give me, and based on how's bad is my day, i fuck with others. I fuck with them indiscriminately.

You say good to your brother, if his living, or something, that makes his life better is based on steady online connection, he needs take steps to protect it, secure it. Trips speaks the truth.

>>47670438
Just observation of fact, I wouldn't say I punished them. They thought it was just unfair life, didn't get any message from it and I wouldn't have any mentoring in my plan.
>>
>>47670512
Life always fucked with you, now you fuck with them indiscriminately. Lack of a day-by-day day relation doesn't change the connection.

I don't understand the fact you are claiming to say. Can you say it more plainly? Did they bribe you to do their work for them or something?
>>
>>47669401 this >>47669593.

You are a coward.
>>
>>47670737
Whatever man. I'm not even them, but I like lots of things that people don't need to know about. I share interests with people who I can actually enjoy that interest to some degree with.

The diabetic old lady who comes in during my volunteer hours? Doesn't need to know that I prefer giving facials to giving creampies (unless it reasonably comes up). My dentist doesn't need to know that I think vegetarians are a curse upon the earth, or that I do my own bathroom tiling at home. And a bunch of assholes on some shitty campus don't need to know my favourite anime, or if I like to handpaint my models or not.

Go thump your geek bible and "raise awareness" somewhere else.
>>
>>47670679
No no no... There is no point, it is just random stuff I done. Nobody paid me, but there is always somebody, that will do assignments and upload the core of solution online, thinking, they will gain reputation etc. They never get anything from it, but are used to being used.

I do this stuff only because it amuses, it makes mundane life far more interesting.

One time I just plug out router in cafeteria and connected my laptop via Ethernet to network and created hotspot with same name as the the cafeteria wi-fi, then i just sniffed communication, and gain insight to their daily existence, because you would be surprised, how many sites and chat clients used just plain text without any encrypting. From that point, I could gain control over someones communication by just impersonating them via false packets of data. Just here and there insert packet, that other side interpreted as message... or every request on google.com, I redirected their access to some other page...

And you ask why, where I answer: Because i could.
>>
>>47670512
I pick on poeple like you.
Serious.
I do it at work.
The whole "I just love to fuck with poeple becuase (insert bullshit here) don't fly well with me.
I personally like to tackle issues (and poeple) head on. Fuck your passive aggressive self justified crap.

And to answer op's question I didn't get picked on very often but still do one the rare occurance. Most poeple don't care. Every now and then some dipshit harps on about it a bit, but hey. I'm better than them. A little bit of "that's a nice opinion you've got there mate but how would you like to play "who's better at dealing with confrontation?".
>>
>>47670868
Again, your reasons inside your head for what you do don't matter to the outside world nearly as much as what you do.

Oh, so you mean that you would destroy the work of people who upload their assignments early? Maybe, the barrier language is very strong between us.
>>
>>47669593

Meh social sucicide in High School is not a hill worth dying on. I rather enjoyed fucking cheerleaders and hanging with my chad bros. you make it sound as if I was beating up nerdlings whilst living a double life as a gamer. Gaming isn't my identity it's a hobby.
>>
>>47670992
I'm guessing you never actually went to uni if you think your highschool years mattered at all.
>>
>>47670971
Possibly, I have no problem with understanding English, but i can't represent my thoughts very well.

I didn't destroyed anything, i just denied them ability to upload, server was only in standby mode, after it cuts itself from network because its interface was overloaded. They even chalk it up as follow up to everybody trying to upload their work on last moment.

>>47670930
Good for you, your straight and forward personality leads you to elite of middle managment.
>>
>>47670857

Reee! You normie scum I am a TRUE GAMER! Hear me roar! Table top games aren't just a fun hobby they are my identity as a human being ! I have little else to identify with such as education, career, relationships, other social activities/organizations.
>>
>>47671031

I went to college at age 24 after I got out of the Marines. It was great.
>>
In high school I actually got out-nerded by the nerds. I was into light-nerdy things like nintendo and zelda and I transferred from a private high school to a public school in 10th grade. I was in search of new friends but too shy and awkward to find any group that was stable. Eventually I found a group of interconnected nerds who were into things like warhammer, magic, dnd etc. All of this was very foreign to me but I was intrigued. I tried my best to get into their group but the majority of them passed me off as a casual. Most of the actively avoided my messages and social interactions, talking over me and ignoring me when I try to start a new conversation. A few accepted me.

Today im in college and I still meet with the group, or what remains from it. I still feel like an outsider, despite getting into things they like such as magic.
>>
>>47671031
All the years of your life matter, anon. Though some people repress and negate the bad years, or the years that come before - which works really well, until you hit about the midway point in life. Suddenly, that time you threw out all your "childish" mementos? Is a regret. You find yourself reaching out to make a connection with the next generation (successful or not, and willingly or not), and realize that those years that "didn't matter at all" still took up a significant portion of your days.

Trying to frame anon as some kind of peaked-in-highschool failure is pretty shabby. Don't ever try to represent our hobby until you can weed this out of your system.
>>
>>47671075
Why marines?
>>
>>47671119
Not him, but propaganda, I assume. Marines has a lot more than the army or airforce.
>>
was never bullied but sort of ignored gaming throughout high school and college in favor of girls ... mission accomplished but as a busy adult I now look back on those days with (a) so much free time and (b) so many peers with free time ... sometimes experience feelings of regret ... prime example of grass always being greener ... I did not ever really consider combining these pursuits ... never met a girl genuinely into D&D that I found attractive
>>
>>47666080
I once had a large black man on the bus get extremely offended and angry because he misheard the word 'Necromancer', presumably as 'niggermancer'.

Nothing happened though, he just went back to his seat after the "Excuse me? What did you say?" "..Necromancer? like a wizard that raises the dead?"
>>
I want to play a niggermancer now.

I did everything ass-backwards, I was bullied by the nerds hardcore. So I sought escape in sports. I was never a Chad and remained a kiss less virgin until my 20s but intense physical activity puts me in a meditative state, it was how I coped with having a shit home life and a shit school life.
>>
>>47666080
Nah I was a popular if shady nerd in my youth got along the jocks, chearleaders even fucked some of them, and could chill the with the gangsters attending their meetings to keep the crime running in school smoothly crime in my school was super organized and oddly safe. Oddly enough it was the other way around the other nerds and social rejects messed with me about my hobbies of games.

More recently being older I ended up losing groups getting kicked out of them which confused me for awhile as in my other older groups we got along but in these ones not so well. It was like I was That Guy for some groups while being much better in others. Has been making me self reflect about it.

I never did figure out how I managed to get along well with some many cliches to a shockingly high level. Got turned into a social butterfly.
>>
>>47666080
>gotten bullied
Sorry, I'm not American
>>
this is a depressing thread
>>
Nope. People were generally afraid of me since I put up a tough facade. Now I am horribly lonely.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.