[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DNDv3.5 campain setting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1418480371448.jpg (978 KB, 1400x907) Image search: [Google]
1418480371448.jpg
978 KB, 1400x907
Dear /tg/,

Me and my friends all really wanted to try classic RPGing but didnt know any DMs so with lack of a better alternative got into it.
Now six months later we have almost finished the starter adventure game(there is only an encounter with a young dragon left)
I am having a lot of fun DMing and my friends love playing so we want to start playing in a bigger campaign setting.
Any good suggestions?

>D&D v3.5
>current player lvl 3-4
>setting: classic low fantasy
>type: sandbox/multi paths
>players wishlist: a world containing big lively city
>>
>>47664775
preferably a open source kind of setting in wich I am able to intergrate our first adventures and change some things around
>>
OP, all settings are "open source", nobody cares what things you change in your own campaigns.

When it comes to D&D campaign settings, I am partial to ones with a strong unifying theme.
Ravenloft is a good one.
Ghostwalk has one book, but I love it.
Forgotten Realms is easily the largest and most supported setting, if you're into that.
Masque of the Red Death is a 19th-century gothic horror variant.

All settings have at least one big lively city.
>>
File: 1359407477591.gif (952 KB, 624x384) Image search: [Google]
1359407477591.gif
952 KB, 624x384
bumping
>>
>>47664775
>3.5
>low fantasy

doomed to failure
>>
>>47665120
Forgotten Realms is on top of my list, with Greyhawk and Planescape.
I find my players are more into gods dragons and knights rather then ghost and ghouls. Can i find this in Forgotten realms?
And/or can i easily use only parts of the world/stories?
>>
>>47665120
thx for your reply btw
>>
>>47665157
let's say medium fantasy then
>>
>>47665209
>I find my players are more into gods dragons and knights rather then ghost and ghouls. Can i find this in Forgotten realms?
Yes, of course.

>And/or can i easily use only parts of the world/stories?
You use as much as you want to use, and no more. There are no D&D ninjas coming to your hose forcing you to use more than you want.
>>
>>47665209
If you're looking for your standard high fantasy world with elves, wizards and dragons then nothing beat Forgotten Realms.

The Realms are huge. There are hundreds of books out there. It's easily the most popular and iconic D&D setting that's been featured extensively in books and video games. There's a good chance at least some of your player's will have heard of Baldur's Gate, Waterdeep and Neverwinter.

You can use as much or as little of the Realms as you like. Personally, I recommend having your players start in a particular region like Cormyr or the Dalelands and setting the first few adventures in that region. There's no way you can learn the realms in and out before your session so just focus on one area to begin with.
>>
>>47665985
I'm look into cormyr or the dalelands right away, thanks for your help!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.