[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good afternoon tg, so Im currently running a campaign (pic related)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160607_143909.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160607_143909.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Good afternoon tg, so Im currently running a campaign (pic related) and I have one party member that is able to call a celestial steed, I was hesitant but I figured what the hell I won't limit my players, but now he's dealing almost four times the damage as everyone else and encounters aren't even challenging. Is there a way to Ballance this?
>>
How does a celestial steed result in the character dealing that much damage?
>>
He's dealing trample damage and damage with a horse, while everyone else is just dealing regular damage
>>
>>47664249
Hahahahaha!
>>
>>47664249
So is that Wizards making Innistrad: D&D Edition or are they very different?
>>
>>47664249

We're gonna need details on how or you're a (more) massive faggot.
>>
>>47664825
>Innistrad: D&D Edition
Ravenloft was published over 20 years before MtG's Innistrad set. That said, they both draw lots of inspiration form old monster movies like Dracula.
>>
File: chateau.jpg (306 KB, 1174x599) Image search: [Google]
chateau.jpg
306 KB, 1174x599
>>47664364
Have fights take place in places too tight or small for a horse. Present challenges that can't be overcome with just damage.
>>
File: Capture.png (227 KB, 285x332) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
227 KB, 285x332
>>47664249
>Oh no! A player can order his mount as an action to deal the damage damage as a 1st level fighter! How do I balance this senpai?
>>
Tell him "no".
>>
>>47664364
Reading the manual would help. Try I don't know, not letting the mounted character use the horse attacks? Not letting the player control the NPC creature? Maybe run the encounters as intended so the paladin doesn't nova constantly and then get a long rest? Maybe have the horse be an undead skeleton like the module says, so he can't enter towns with it?

Christ, dude.
>>
>>47664364
How about you stop that shit, then?
>While you're mounted, you have two options. You can either control the mount or allow it to act independently. Intelligent creatures, such as dragons, act independently

>You can control a mount only if it has been trained to accept a rider. Domesticated horses, donkeys, and similar creatures are assumed to have such training. The initiative of a controlled mount changes to match yours when you mount it. It moves as you direct it, and it has only three action options; Dash, Disengage, and Dodge. A controlled mount can move and act even on the turn that you mount it.

>An independent mount retains its place in the initiative order. Bearing a rider puts no restrictions on the actions the mount can take, and it moves and acts as it wishes. It might flee from combat, rush to attack and devour a badly injured foe, or otherwise act against your wishes.

If it's not intelligent, then he can't attack with it. If it is intelligent, then you can just say that it doesn't attack as often, or to as great an effect.

>>47664926
And no, they actually can't.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.