[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/40krpg/ 40K Roleplay General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame. Not Chapter Master. Or Space Hulk.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things formerly listed individually on this post.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.45.160417), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now containing some of the DH2 content up to the first supplement.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.6.0), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things. Now found in the Homebrew Megafolder.

Additional Resources:
Now found in the Homebrew Megafolder.

Old Thread: >>47582828

Pic inspired by the discussion of melee-heavy OW regiments last thread.
>>
>>47660173
I used to think this was a Wolf Scout for the longest time.
>>
>>47660177
Shit, could be used as inspiration for one even so.
>>
File: Eldar_Galaxy_Map.png (6 MB, 1821x1506) Image search: [Google]
Eldar_Galaxy_Map.png
6 MB, 1821x1506
Is there any info on Webway locations?
This map from Harlequin Codex looks really nice. Is it safe to assume that there are tons of POIs here, like haemonculi labs, corsair ports, forgotten pre-Fall temples, sealed gates, honeypots set by Harlequins for Ahriman?
>>
>>47660479
Absolutely. Plus a handful of anti-Necron surprises too.
>>
>>47660479
>>honeypots set by Harlequins for Ahriman?
>Ahriman is wandering the Webway and sees a hidden door into a massive library
>He runs into it
>Oops
>Turns out it was a trap and he's glued to the wall
>He screams to the heavens about Eldar trickery as Harlequins show up with big spatulas to pry his gluey ass off the wall and throw him out of the nearest webway portal
>This kind of scenario happens on a practically weekly basis, for some reason almost always on Saturday mornings
This is now headcanon for me.
>>
Has anyone tried the Battlefleer koronus war rules? My party is quite war-like, but I am not sure if they'll enjoy playing generals. Is it too dense? Will it require lots of hours? What is the best size for units?
>>
>>47660173
Wait that's not a wolf scout? What is it?
>>
>>47660941
Read the filename, senpai.
>>
>>47654226
I mean, I was already using the name for a planetary system that is in the process of being brought back into the Imperial Fold, rather unwillingly. I figure the Administratus has entire wings dedicated to planets/subsectors/etc with duplicate names, and keeping it all semi-straight.
>>
>>47661038
>I name this planet...NEW CADIA!
>Congratulations, you are the 5,981st person to choose that name for a planet, I hope your mother is proud.
>>
>>47660890
Don't rely on them. They're okay for getting a general sense of unit sizes, but I found it better to take a narrative approach than to use the specific rules. Much like Endeavors.
>>
>>47661038
In my little homebrew sector there was a huge civil war because someone accidently renamed a world to have the exact same name as the sector capital and they tried to secede from the Imperium.
>>
>>47661376
I remember reading that .pdf. Good work, Anon.
>>
>>47661397
Sauce?
>>
>>47661397
yay! Mum I did it!
>>47661492
I've put it on mediafire, compression is funny and I dunno how low to let the quality go before I upload it to 4chan.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9pp2fhqbfqn6tnr/Prosperitas_Dossier_3.pdf
>>
>>47660479
whats the infinity spiral?
>>
>>47649333

I like your interpretation more.
>>
>>47662592
Forbidden lore (humanity)
>>
>>47660479
>one of the sites is called The Nightmare Moon
fucking ponyfags
>>
Reading my Only War book, I notice that bipods and tripods are available for basic weapons, but unless I'm mistaken there's absolutely no mechanical advantage.
Have I missed something? Is it different for the other systems and/or 2nd ed?

Besides, I made a not!MG42 as a beggining support weapon for my players, is it good or awful?
Light Stubber Class: Basic Range: 100m RoF: -/5/15 Dam: 1d10+3I Pen: 0 Clip: 60 Reload: Full Special: Storm Wt.: 8kg Availability: Scarce
>>
>>47663270
I would NOT call an MG42 a basic weapon. Sure, it COULD be carried and fired from the hip, but not easily and without some training in it (aka Bulging Biceps).
>>
>>47663270
>Fire rate 15
>Storm
First, fucking no one is ever going to land 15 DoS. Second, 30 bullets per round is, mechanically speaking, higher than a goddamn assault cannon.
>1d10+3 I pen 0
And those hits will do basically no damage to anyone with better than a GEQ statline.
>60 round magazine
The MG42 is 50 or 250 rounds, depending.
>Basic
>Not Heavy
You have the seed of a good idea, but tone the dakka way down and tweak the damage up.
>>
>>47663270
GPMGs are heavy weapons
>>
>>47663301
>>47663339
>>47663624
Thanks for the answers, anons!

>heavy
I should have said Minimi or M249, sorry. The goal was to have a LGM/SAW with a high rate of fire; something smaller and easier to carry than the Heavy Stubber, but more effective than an autogun.
I don't want to put in the same category as HMGs and Autocannons, as the party members with bulging biceps are already gonna be busy using anti-vehicle weapons, and nothing in the heavy category weights less than 30kg.
It was the reason behind my question on bipods. I'm looking for a spot between lasrifle and lascannon.

>1d10+3 pen 0
I kinda stuck between the autogun, and the heavy stubber that is only 1d10+4 pen 3 (despite supposedly being chambered in something like 12,7mm).
Should I add some pen? Or would letting them search for special ammo be sufficient (while keeping a common ammo pool with the autogunners)?

>First, fucking no one is ever going to land 15 DoS. Second, 30 bullets per round is, mechanically speaking, higher than a goddamn assault cannon.
Hmm, true. I wanted it to be an ammo guzzler so people would still have a small reason to use an autorifle/lasgun.
Would -/4/8 or -/5/10 do it?
Looking at Rogue Trader, the storm weapons I could compare it to were a -/-/6 heavy stubber , and the -/-/12 holwer rifle.
>>
I'm stuck trying to figure a name for my custom chapter. Which I also need to check stuff on the tables too.
>>
Are drugs worth using? Spanner seems cool but only for downtime activities or outside of combat
>>
>>47664923
If you're not hopped up on five different drugs every combat and haven't gotten a bionic heart, kidneys, and liver just so your organs won't explode due to drugs, you're not living up to your true potential.
>>
>>47664923
Generally, not at all. The effects are way too short and the draw backs are too fucking enormous for drugs to be useful in the 40kRPG's. Which is a damn shame, I love encouraging drug and alcohol use among PC's for a seedy, noir feel.
>>
File: M27 IAR USMC.jpg (797 KB, 3900x2600) Image search: [Google]
M27 IAR USMC.jpg
797 KB, 3900x2600
>>47663961
If you want to make a Squad Automatic Weapon you should stat it as autogun which has some extra features to facilitate long burst of full auto for its role as a suppression weapon. I would model it after something like the M27 IAR.

Basically an autogun chambered in the same round as other autoguns (which fluff wise it says is between 4mm and 8mm. That makes sense, side-note I really am a huge fan of the ballistics of 6.5mm intermediate projectiles [I am also a /k/ommando so I am obsessed with guns]. It would have a longer and heavier profile barrel with possibly quick barrel change features (long thicker barrels are more resistant to damage from heat and pressure from sustained full auto and they are more accurate). It would be feed by either long quad stack box magazines like the surefire 60 (pics coming) or feed from a belt of usually 100rd stored in a canvas box. If it is belt feed it has to be firing from the open bolt which adds the benefit of preventing cookoffs and runaway firing, but makes it more vulnerable to jamming from dirt getting into the action.

I will recommend stats for the gun ingame in the next post.
>>
>>47665389
For the LMG weapon profile I think basic solid projectile is fine.

In game autoguns weigh 5kg which equal 11lbs (now GW and Fantasy Flight are fucking idiots when it comes to firearms) that is fucking heavy for a standard rifle for reference my 16" heavy barrel AR-15 is 8lbs. But if you want to stick with the retardness ingame than I would make the lmg 6 kilograms in weight.

I would bump the range to 150 or 200 meter. Contrary to popular belief machine guns kill more people and are preferred for long range engagements than sniper rifles.

for RoF I would suggest S/6/12.

Damage I would leave at 1d10+3 I, autoguns can change their damage based on the ammo types they shoot. But remember this is basically ballistically similar to an autogun and its role is suppressive fire.

If anything I would add PEN 1, because the round will have more velocity from the longer barrel and velocity is what gets penetration.

Clip (fuck that triggers me, should be mag) I would suggest 60 round quad stack box mags (pic related). Also that means they can fire full auto for 5 rounds or burst for 10 rounds. I would also offer 100rd larger mags but those would be rarer and harder to reload.

Reload 1 Full unless it is a 100rd mag in which case it would be 2 full.

Special, um I dont think it should have any special traits, I do think it should come with a bipod built in.

Availability average.

That is what I suggest but you can take this and run with it.
>>
>>47663961

> heavy
I should have said Minimi or M249, sorry. The goal was to have a LGM/SAW with a high rate of fire; something smaller and easier to carry than the Heavy Stubber, but more effective than an autogun.

Heavy stubber is like a ma' deuce. And a 249 is still a heavy fucking gun before you add ammo (100-200 rounds worth in a belt)

>1d10+3 pen 0
I kinda stuck between the autogun, and the heavy stubber that is only 1d10+4 pen 3 (despite supposedly being chambered in something like 12,7mm).
Should I add some pen? Or would letting them search for special ammo be sufficient (while keeping a common ammo pool with the autogunners)?

Good idea. Autoguns can use special ammo, so can they. Their job with the belt fed is to keep heads down so their squad can maneuver.

Hmm, true. I wanted it to be an ammo guzzler so people would still have a small reason to use an autorifle/lasgun.
Would -/4/8 or -/5/10 do it?

You want it to be an ammo feind go for it but bump up belt size so someone can get 8 long bursts from it at least. Oh and make linking used belts to each other (so the gunner isnt running around with 6 belts of various ammounts of ammo )some kind of test that has to he done outside of combat. And reload should he no shorter than 2 full actions.

You wanna run a MG, fine. Deal with the difficulties. As an offset they will make anything getting hosed down with lead look for cover. Or get riddled with it.
>>
>>47665589
This is the weirdest katana copypasta I've ever seen.
>>
>>47665589
By RAW, you can give an autogun a backpack ammo with 200 rounds (doesn't matter if it's a ripper gun or an autopistol) and an extended barrel that puts its range to 150m.
>>
>>47666092
Black Crusade also had a belt fed option of 100
>>
>>47666098
Honestly, the armory is kind of a mess. I wished they had used second edition to smooth things out and balance some bits (like nerfing that fucking autocannon).
>>
>>47666044
>Heavy stubber is like a ma' deuce.
No it fucking isn't, and you know it. It's more like an m1919 at best.
>>
File: 1464891239584.jpg (113 KB, 1042x718) Image search: [Google]
1464891239584.jpg
113 KB, 1042x718
Hey guys, I just started playing Dark Heresy for the first time recently.

Any tips for roleplaying as a member of the Mechanicus?
>>
>>47667990

fleshies are fags and robots are bros as long as they don't have a mind of their own

or at least a mind on the level of a human. animalistic bioplastic is okay.
>>
File: HeavyStub.jpg (48 KB, 722x246) Image search: [Google]
HeavyStub.jpg
48 KB, 722x246
>>47666235
>Heavy stubber isn't like a ma' deuce
Yes it fucking can be, and you know it.
>>
Rolled 3, 2 = 5 (2d5)

I do wish any combat drug/stimm in the game worth looking at twice wasn't loading with more penalties than anything else.
It screams "These are for npcs, not players", and I hate that mentality.
>>
>>47670061
I just wish there were more poisons other than things with the toxic quality and the neurogauntlet in 1e.
>>
File: mechanicus time.jpg (117 KB, 520x773) Image search: [Google]
mechanicus time.jpg
117 KB, 520x773
>>47664711
Consider the following: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/liber/CantinaChapterCreator.html

>>47664923
The mutant assassin in my Radical campaign took out a Grey Knight in part because he was completely hopped up. There's a meth-like drug, I believe it is in the Radical's hand book that gives you +30 Agility at the cost of having to take a WP test every time you're surprised to not just start shooting things. Not great for a subtle infiltration, but if you're going into a place where everything's a hostile it's worth doping up.
Also, Stimm is actually damn good for when you're all fucked up on Fatigue and crit damage.
>>47667990
>Strive to be like the Machine, to perform your function well without error or complaint.
>Never allow the weakness of emotion to cloud your thoughts, nor to keep your from the Quest for Knowledge.
>Flesh is Weak, Steel is Strong.
>Intellect can solve any problem that subtle manipulation and "charisma" can, and often does so more efficiently.
>Don't let fleshy weaknesses like "collateral damage", "Concern for your teammates" or "fear of your own death" get in the way of the service of the Machine God.
>Remember, you serve the Omnissiah above the Inquisition... unless you are a TECHNOHERETIC.
>>
>>47666235
The models for the tabletop heavy stubbers is exactly that - a Browning M2.

In-game fluff can be either. I know the Gaunt's Ghosts books differentiate between "light" support stubbers (.30 cal) and .50 cal heavy stubbers.

But then in the same book he'll refer to the .50 as an autocannon.
>>
>>47670171
Poisons are simple because the book has plenty of onus for an enterprising player to create shit.
The example the books set is that any stimm MUST have some crippling downside at least twice as bad as any bonuses it can offer.
SR is the same way, just more obnoxious about it, because the policing forces will cheerfully use even illegal shit that is absurdly addictive without concern.
>>
For a newibe to dark heresy and warhammer 40k universe in general. What is the essential gear that you need to survive or "adventuring kit" everyone should have? I don't know what to expect from a dark heresy game other than a short character life span.
>>
>>47671908
1. the short life is a meme, more or less.
Be careful and sensible, remember you are a regular human on a job, not a hero.
2. I usually think about what I want to do, and get the gear to do so.
Weaponry: A good basic class weapon, las preferred if you have the variable setting rules.
Grenades, son, git'em. Keep a knife, always.
Armor: Flak armor for combat, flak/mesh cloak when you need to be subtle, armored body glove when infiltrating.
Gear: Backpack, chrono, photo contacts, rebreather, dataslate/writing kit, grapnel, no questions.
>>
>>47671908
DH1 or DH2?
>>
>>47671986

DH2
>>
>>47669121
While, yes, you're right, I meant in the context of the FFG rpg line.
>>
>>47671908
Grenades, full guard flak armor, a basic weapon (preferably lasgun due to loads of shots per mag), a pistol, grenades, a melee weapon (at least a mono sword), stab light, grenades, a medikit if someone has medicate trained or a good-quality medikit if nobody has it trained (and you should get trained in it), grapnel and line, a backpack, grenades to fill the backpack, good-quality resperator or a rebreather, photo-visors/contacts (recommended at good quality), recaf and ration packs, grenades, auxpex, grenades, someone who has tech-use at trained at least with a combi tool to turn grenades into traps.
>>
>>47673000
>Grenades x 7
Trips of truth
>>
>>47670287

You wouldn't happen to remember the name of that meth-like drug now would you? I checked the Radical's Handbook and it does not seem to be there.
>>
>>47673000
>>47673016

Forgive me for my lack of lore setting knowledge, but why in the hell you need so many grenades? You might as well be a walking dynamite with that much. Which might be bad for social situation or whatever bad stuff that happens in the game.
>>
>>47672634
This is where things get confusing for me, Heavy stubber is a rare 1d10+4I 3P Heavy weapon with 75 shots and a fire rate of -/-/8
Comes in at a whopping 30kg

Autogun (Common) with Man-Stopper Bullets (scarce) and ammo backpack 200 rounds (rare), is a 1d10+3I 3P Basic Weapon, with 200 shots and a fire rate of S/3/10
Coming in at 5kg for the weapon and 25 for the backpack for the same total

to me this really blurs the line between the Catchall Autoguns and Heavy Stubbers. Other than Ogryn-Proof Necessity, why take the Heavy stubber when the Autogun is the more easily available, more versatile weapon that can substitute as a Heavy Stubber when Necessary?

Even more confusing, for 10kg more, as a very rare weapon we have the Autocannon, a beast of a firearm with a staggering 3d10+8I damage and firerate of S/3/-

by the RAW, it is not significantly more difficult for a heavy gunner to use an Autocannon than a heavy Stubber, and it is a significantly more powerful weapon, Additionally, I could not perceive a method by which a regular guardsman and Comrade could fire an Autocannon carried, but this is a possibility by the rules.

Ultimately I am a bit lost as to why the Heavy stubber didn't have a clearer role as a middle ground (multilaser esque) squad heavy weapon, filling the role of a versatile transitional weapon, between the autogun and the autocannon.

Additionally I can't seem to wrap my head around why they didn't make 40kg + weapons into Braced-Only weapons.

It seems a little out of theme for a squad of guardsmen to be flinging around heavy weapons like nerf guns, and it seems out of order for the heavy stubber, one of the heavy weapons, to be so closely related to its basic weapon counterpart.
>>
>>47671908
I am currently in my first game of DH. First edition but the basics are the same. I'll reiterate that grenades are excellent. Everyone in my party carries two frags and a krak grenade at all times, minimum. If you have someone with tech-use, they need an auspex, and don't forget to use it. Get someone with medicae or a psyker who can heal. Do not let your psyker use powers every round of combat, he will get you all killed.
>>
>>47673081
Because they kill things better than whatever else you get, and sometimes throwing yourself at the enemy as walking dynamite is what you need for the rest of the party to succeed.
>>
>>47673081
Grenades solve problems. Period.

DH combat can be accurately described as "a battle of ineffectual flailing". Grenades solve that. Plus, if you're in a Mexican Stand Off and pull out two grenades, you have some real leverage.
>>
I'm going to be DM'ing for Black Crusade within the week, I'm already familiar with the setting and rules, but any other tips?
>>
>>47673081
Any situation you are in where you could reasonably need to pull out a rifle can be solved faster with grenades.
If you can't use grenades, you probably shouldn't be using rifles either.
>>47673086
You are comparing 3 different items, none of which are guaranteed (and no, you white room sperg, just because something exists doesn't mean you have 24/7 access to it) to a single purpose built item.
>Other than Ogryn-Proof Necessity, why take the Heavy stubber when the Autogun is the more easily available, more versatile weapon that can substitute as a Heavy Stubber when Necessary?
H. stubbers are built into vehicles and weapon emplacements. They are simply more common to find than 3 specific items, 2 of them niche.
>Ultimately I am a bit lost as to why the Heavy stubber didn't have a clearer role as a middle ground (multilaser esque) squad heavy weapon, filling the role of a versatile transitional weapon, between the autogun and the autocannon.
Because the autocannon is TOO STRONG, rather than the stubber being too weak.
>>
>>47673129
>>47673130
>>47673196
Don't forget about other types of grenades. Krak for fucking that one guy over, smoke for defense or covering a retreat, photon flash for bum rushing, etc.

>>47673139
Remember that Black Crusade is the highest powered 40k game you can probably get.

Do not allow mixed human/marine parties.
>>
>>47673230
>Do not allow mixed human/marine parties.
What? That can work well.

The only party you shouldn't allow is all Marines.
>>
>>47673230
Why not?
>>
>>47673256
The eventual combat response marines would get to be challenged will absolutely destroy even the most minmaxed non-psyker human warrior.
>>
>>47673278
Seems like that's a pretty simple problem, have the big shit target the marine, and if I do hordes, have the horde target the marine, and individual members of the horde fight the humies.
>>
>>47673310
Hordes absolutely wreck Marines. It's not even funny.
>>
>>47673317
Hordes wreck everything.

Speaking of which, really pay attention to followers that PCs pick up.
>>
>>47673130
>DH combat can be accurately described as "a battle of ineffectual flailing"

This is more a problem in 1e than 2e, but you're still not totally wrong.
>>
>>47660890
Depends really on your group. My groups Rogue Trader decided right out of the gate she wanted to conquer the ship out of things so that's where I steered my campaign. After getting her footing of the kind of power a RT wields (she has only ever played DnD) she has hired mercury divisions, salvage teams, and wheeled and dealer until she amassed vast amounts of military force. Now her and the group enjoy laying siege to alien/heretic held worlds while playing Wargames: Rogue Trader edition. The two arch militants will jump in using flashpoints during vital confrontations and the Voidmaster loves doing DeathStar-esque attack runs or doggighting enemy aces.

It gives a good feel of the strategic level command position most rogue traders actually hold and allows for some personal flair here and there but is something that most groups should only use at certain junctions as most people like to participate directly in events.

It's fun for me as a GM though jumping back in forth from the overview of the battlefield with the RT giving orders to back down to action with one of the Arch-militants trying to hear the vox over the din of bolted fire.

You do need to be prepped for it though as its clunky to just yank out and use as the situation changes.
>>
On heavy stubbers and such I use virtually all of the variants to fulfill different roles.

Ursid patterns I use the OW statline with the 75rnd drum as a GPMG. I drop the reload by 1 rnd to facilitate the drum.

For Orthlack patterns I use the older stats (1d10+5 pen 3) and the 200 rnd belt for vehicle mounted stubbers or more defensive emplacements.

For extra fun, slap one on a weapon harness (RT-Hostile Aquisitions) motion predictor, and fycaline ammo and have yourself a M55 smartgun.
>>
getting a +10 to your BS is functionally the same as reducing the penalty for a shot by -10, right? Would it make any sense whatsoever to be able to choose one or the other?
>>
>>47674065
Mechanically yes, but the reasons are different.
Getting a +10 bonus because you aimed does not make the -10 penalty for shooting in low light conditions stop existing for every shot you take as well as friends/foes.
>>
Is it just me or is Kurse not listed on the map of the Screaming Vortex?
>>
What does 40krpg think of a piece of archeotech that gives +20 to BS to one's own attack or +10 BS to someone else's attack or +20 BS to someone else using a weapon with Indirect?
>>
>>47674366
Not all that useful, honestly.
There are a lot of ways to bump your BS odds already, from gear that already exists, to talents, to full aiming
The terrify command skill ability does the same as the second thing, except it applies to any test you make.
A handheld targeter does the same thing as the third thing.
If I found it, I'd turn the thing to the admech for favors.
>>
>>47660173
Is that from an only war book? Which one?
>>
>>47674448
It's not, as far as I know, but I think the artist has done art for the FFG RPGs before.
>>
>>47674065
Not being worse isn't as good as being better.
>>
>>47674448
Apparently the Nordian Berserkers are an actual canon IG regiment, though they're really old and haven't been mentioned in years, iirc.

I know they have a Lexicanum page.
>>
So... my pc died, and I have no idea what to bring up next that won't step on other players toes, and the only thing that wouldn't was exactly what my dead pc was good at and I don't want to just swap names because that isn't right y'know and now I'm rambling and I'm too embarrassed to ask my gm for advice because my gm thinks highly of me and now I'm going to bed I apologize and good night.
>>
>>47675134
Make a necron.
>>
>>47673101
>>47673129
>>47673130
>>47673196

So the holy emperor grenade is the way to go. Is there anything else similar to them for precision or when collateral damage is not what someone desires?
>>
>>47675635
Krak grenades.
>>
>>47675635
Just remember, one grenade is not a grenade. Two grenades is half a grenade and three grenades is a grenade.
>>
File: Reinhardt_Confident.jpg (74 KB, 658x749) Image search: [Google]
Reinhardt_Confident.jpg
74 KB, 658x749
I've been inspired to try and create this guy in a Dark Heresy game as a monodominant Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor (possibly Malleus because of the Hammer).
He's mostly statted, using a Thunder Hammer, Hulking trait and power armour, but what about his charge? Currently I'm fiddling with a Jump pack (still requiring the pilot personal check) and dealing 2d5+5 I Pen 0 concussive 3 damage? Too much, too little?
>>
>>47670756

I wonder how often are poisons use in the general 40k rpg. It seems like it would be seen more in black crusade, but not further than that.
>>
>>47677284
Honestly? Almost never. Toxic damage is rarely worthwhile and has been nerfed further in 2e. Unless you have Toxic 4 or higher, don't bother except as seasoning to an already good weapon.
>>
Guys I've recently posted in these threads to ask other questions.

My psyker in DH2ED wants to make himself a shiny new force staff that boosts his psychic powers.

Let's say I have
Scholastic Lore Imperial Creed, Chymistry, Numerology, Cyphers

Forbidden Lore Daemons, Psykers, Warp

Common Lore AdMech, Astra Telepathica

I know High Gothic

I have Commerce and Tech-Use

Trade (cryptographer, Chymist, Armourer)

I have Cerebral Implants that boost my dos with 1 and add +20 to lore tests.

I will learn the trade of the Scrimshawers

I want to craft a psychic focus staff engraved with pentagramatic and hexagramatic wards.

I will use make an alloy out of iron and silver and bless it. (or just get my hands on truesilver)

Do you have any suggestions for rare gems or minerals that i can use with it.

Also what could be the effects of the staff apart from the measily +10 to Focus Powers?

Can you guys give me input on what i should want from such a tool.

I don't intend to use it in melee as a weapon.

I need suggestions on what things it can do
>>
>>47678310
Talk to Cypher in High Gothic about finding a Cryptographic, Chymistry Armourer that likes to trade weapons for Forbidden Daemon lore.
>>
>>47678387
Or maybe i should just talk to the Blood Ravens and make the SoB in the party charm them
>>
>>47675134
Ok, anon. Let's try this again. In grammatically correct sentences this time.
1. Your PC died, and your group will be mad if you don't play basically the same character?
A. They sound like dicks
B. Your character is between you and your GM. Screw them if they don't like it.
2. What was your previous character's role in the party that your group is so desperately attached to?
3. What product line are you playing?

Tell us these things, anon, and we'll tell you things in return
>>
>>47674366

I picked up a djinn skein for my explorator, which more or less does that. I found that I hardly remember to use it, because a +10 is kind of inconsequential.
>>
>>47660941
>>47660177
Wolf scouts don't look half as awesome as that dude.
>>
>>47677875
You are ignoring that the good use of poison isn't simply killing people, it's forcing tests to disable them. For example, obscura has no test to resist. Hobnob a syringe shooting weapon, put people out.
>>
>>47679045
>Your PC died, and your group will be mad if you don't play basically the same character?
Your understanding is worse than my grammar.
>>
>>47679406
Probably. That said, you said you don't want to step on the other players toes. Why would changing your character step on their toes?
>>
>>47679451
>>47679406
Same guy. I really am just trying to help, but your original post gave me nothing to go off of
>>
>>47679451
The party basically covers all major party archetypes, save the one I was playing when my pc died.
I'm the most experienced player at the table and the most knowledgeable of 40k. My fear is that if I decide to double down, I will likely, even by accident, invalidate other players via setting knowledge and force of personality, and that is unacceptable to me.Game is DH2e.
>>
>>47679520
Ok, thank you. That answered a lot of my questions. Unfortunately DH2e is one of the two games that I haven't GM'd (along with Deathwatch). Give me a couple minutes to go through the books & see if I can't find anything. If you don't mind my asking, what specific role/class/whatnot were you playing and/or fulfilling?
>>
>>47678387
Anyone having a more serious reply than this?

I am interested in making something akin to what Eisenhorn had Magos Bure make him.
>>
>>47679577
Basically, lightning cheeki breeki bruiser. Massive strength, WS, per, agi, t, snuck around and murdered people, went 1v1 against a master level CC psyker designed to take on the entire party in close quarters for... 15 rounds?, expanded into B&E, asset procurement and sabotage/demolitions. A 6 legged space siberian tiger killed the pc.
>>47679630
Remember that what Eisenhorn had was a staff made from a millenia old, daemonically possessed remnant of a PLANET purposely designed to work on daemonhosts. No, your shit isn't gonna be that good.
The serious answer is to talk to your gm about it, but offhand, you don't have the knowledge base to do it, not to mention you will NEED contacts in both the Admech and Malleus to get it done yourself. Remember, Eisenhorn didn't make it himself, and he had a proscribed book that told him how to do.
>>
>>47679775
OK, so CC focused. I'll see what I can find for you. May take some time though
>>
>>47679846
More than CC, anon.
I refuse to play some one note hurrdurr, but then, no one else is, either.
>>
>>47679860
Agreed. Like I said, little-to-know experience with 2e, so I was just looking for key words to help me search. I was going to get the other stuff as well.
>>
>>47679775
I am in Ordo Malleus/Heretics and i have a way to gain their help.

As for the AdMech i have 2 techpriests with peer admech. We also saved the Lord Magos and his most trusted retinue from a scrap code attack. And then saved his ship from orks and eldar.

Though I know my staff wouldn't be as good as Eisenhorn's one it is still going to help me. Compared to him i am not even one tenth of his psychic potential. I am not talking about making Eisenhorn's staff ingame. I am talking about making my character's staff ingame. The power levels are on different orders of magnitude here.
>>
>>47680192
Alright, then with their help, you can likely do some shit.
Really, the thing that will help you the most is anything that will cut down in perils/phenomenon. That is the true threat of being a psyker, so defenses against that is a boon.
Also, maybe allowing you to push your powers with a higher degree of safety, or like SR fetishes, allow you to maintain more than a handful of powers with fewer penalties.
>>
>>47680192

And considering the SoB in my party has a Rosarius at this point, a best quality sniper rifle with accurate, crippling 3, reliable and a bunch of other OP shit.

All i am trying to do here is stay relevant into the damage dealing department or the Daemon Banishing department.

I am like 2.5k experience away from getting Molten Beam + Warp Conduit, Warp Lock and Psy 5.

This means roughly 15 sessions because of the rate at which we gain XP in this campaign (which is great by the way).
>>
>>47675854
Black Crusade Raptor talent
>>
>>47680357
I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks Anon!
>>
For those that care, I've spent the better part of the day fluffing out my Prosperitas file.

>http://www.mediafire.com/download/r4967kuan2ocudc/Prosperitas_Dossier_6.pdf

Expanded into a new sub-sector, added OC donut steel Xeno race. Critique is welcome as always!
>>
>>47680282
Che, my xp gain is sorta poop, but oh well lol.
Honestly, unless you went pyro (you did, didn't you), dont wrry about single target damage. Strengthen your ability to target groups, area denial, and such. Use minor powers to round yourself out.
As a psyker, you have a lot of potential, so don't focus on one thing.
>>
>>47681495
the xp is not the problem here.

If I wanted to go full retard with the powers I'd be psy 6 by now with all the talents and powers i need.

I'd be doing like 1d10+5+3x(1d5+5) pen 10(x2 if close range which is about 12 metres)

The idea is that I want to make myself better by improving my tools and gear.
>>
>>47682100
Then don't worry about damage dealing in an investigation game.
>>
>>47662777

Show me on the doll where the ponies touched you, anon.
>>
>>47682176
The staff is not about boosting my damage
>>
>>47682211
It's not about where the horse touched him.

It's where he touched the horse.
>>
>>47681495
>>47682100

I sure as hell do not understand how psykers advance in this game. The amount of exp you have to invest to get good at powers seem like a lot.
>>
>>47684319
>The amount of exp you have to invest to get good at powers seem like a lot.
It is. But you eventually hit a magic point and the game snaps in half and it's all worth it. Then the game ends because you turned four CSM into giblets in two rounds and the GM doesn't want to kill the party just to kill you.
>>
In the older thread, someone mentioned using Voxal for changing voices for audio recording. It's pretty dope, but I have no experience with audio processing (editing? iunno) and I'm just changing shit at random trying to get some grimdark vocals. Mostly just "shift pitch down and add some echo/reverb"

Anyone used Voxal that can share some presets? An Ad-Mech voice would be tits.
>>
How fucked is the average DH2e party when they have to fight any vehicle bigger than a bike?
>>
>>47686153
Probably pretty boned
>>
File: 1461127816656.jpg (322 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461127816656.jpg
322 KB, 800x800
>>47678387
>>
Anyone have a good copy pasta for macros on roll20? I'm playing deathwatch and this is my first time using roll20
>>
File: hahaha paperss.jpg (313 KB, 900x1523) Image search: [Google]
hahaha paperss.jpg
313 KB, 900x1523
>>47673080
Cad sarn it! Well, I don't have my books right now and I can't find it in any of my pdfs. Maybe it was in Rogue Trader, now that I think of it.
Anyway, on the subject of drugs, Ghostfire Pollen Extract (Inquisitor's Handbook, p. 184) makes you fearless and grants you unnatural agility for 2d10 minutes, all at the cost of a single point of Damage. Pretty good, particularly for a low rank character.
There's also a lot of good drugs for interrogations/resisting interrogations in the book of Judgement.
>>
>>47660479
Why is Commorragh listed like six times?
>>
So are all the different games' equipment compatible to DH2 ? I can't see a problem apart from balance and rarity I guess ?
>>
>>47690066
You mean leaving out two of the key factors that determine compatibility in a tabletop RPGs armoury?

Yeah, they'll slot right in.
>>
>>47690141
Yeh true, I guess balance is easier to judge than availability , and only war is pretty close ?
>>
>>47689872
It's just that big.

Actually, probably because each of those webway gates/tunnels/I don't know enough about Eldar travel to say lead to Commorragh.
That's my guess.
>>
>>
>>47691306
> bumping without images or content
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Without_Honor_or_Humanity
>>
>>47691330
Fuck off, I just woke up to see the thread at the bottom of the board, so I did a quick bump. It just happened to be at the same time as >>47691303.
>>
>>47691364
No.
>>
File: 1464419493892.jpg (330 KB, 602x850) Image search: [Google]
1464419493892.jpg
330 KB, 602x850
>>
Is Imperial Navy/Ace worth doing in dh2e? I mean, death world is a must with that combination otherwise you will be limping behind everyone
>>
>>47692824
OH YES THEY ARE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2f-NCRpMAU
>>
>>47688709
Anyone?
>>
>>47693306
I've never used any myself, I use the character sheets within r20 which have buttons and macros attached to them, no idea how to copy them though.

>>47692824
If Deathworld provides the missing aptitude so that the Ace can actually buy pilot advances for cheap then go for it.
>>
Rolled 98, 11, 10, 70, 52, 26, 78, 63, 24 = 432 (9d100)

>>47693753
It's agility and finesse, right?
>>
>>47694152
Ag and Fieldcraft, IIRC
>>
Are MIU weapon interfaces exclusively for vehicle mounted weapons or can they also be used with infantry weapons?
>>
>>47694202
Also for infantry weapons. The classic is an "oh shit button" pistol on a swiveling mount on your shoulder, for close enounters. Think plasma or inferno pistol.
>>
>>47694236
Neat. What about regular MIUs?
>>
>>47694251
A regular MIU can be plugged into basically anything and helps you interface with it. Cogitators, datapads, vehicles, all that, grab a wire, plug one end into the device and the other into the port in your skull/neck, have fun. Just be really careful with powerful cogitators, large vehicles, ancient tech, or anything described as having a surly machine spirit, because they can and will fry your dumbass brain like an egg if you fuck up.
>>
File: mission dataslate.png (912 KB, 910x1506) Image search: [Google]
mission dataslate.png
912 KB, 910x1506
My deathwatch group took a Tyrannid psyker cultist alive just because they HATED him and their Inquisitorial handler guaranteed them he would just fuck his shit up.

The way it happened was hilarious too
>Inquisitorial Strike cruiser shows up on the edge of the system with the team in tow
>Mission is to find and destroy whatever created a powerful Psychic phenomenon that guided this small Hive fleet breakoff to this world
>Deploys the squad on a deep space deployment away from the planet in question for maximum secrecy and safety from Nid swarm
>Thunderhawk takes over a day to bring us in towards target system
>Finally drop into the planet's capital, City roughly size of NYC for reference
>This is a dying world, Nids have eaten mostly everyone at this point
>Bulk of the swarm has moved North planetside to take down the last defenders holding out
>Still a metric fuckton of Nids to deal with as we make our way through the city semi stealthy
>After seeing some shit with gene-cultists we finally come upon the target
>damn powerful Psyker, part Librarian thinks he was an Astropath before Nid corruption
>Nids not only don't eat this guy, he's controlling them within a certain radius
>As we fight him he's screaming about the glorious swarm and how it'll devour the universe and shit
>he has psychic forcefields AND he grows limbs back before our very eyes
>I'm getting too Astarte for this shit.jpeg
>Break off the fight with a tactical retreat (ie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FPELc1wEvk)
>I have to make a really hard command test to make the Space Yiff listen to reason and not stay and die to the spooky Nidman
>He gives chase and sends a damn powerful pulse of psyker energy to call some friends
>Librarian saw some Equipment at a construction site earlier, he has a plan, we follow him
>We arrive, Librarian tells us to hold him off while he gets to work
>starts drawing sigils on a fuggin shipping container
>whatever, we desperately fight the fucker
part 1/2
>>
File: 1457644393127.jpg (432 KB, 838x911) Image search: [Google]
1457644393127.jpg
432 KB, 838x911
>>47694435
part 2/?

>At this point, the party Techmarine has pulled a disappearing act, and I'm PISSED
>We keep breaking this fuckers shields and punching holes in him, only for him to heal at a grotesque rate and put them up again
>not to mention a metric fuckin shitload of Nids are showing up to help
>like damn son
>calm down
>fuck
>party Devastator isn't even able to help us with the Psyker, he's killing Nids at an astounding rate to keep us covered
>after almost 4 whole min of this shit (20 goddamn rounds) the Librarian is finally done with his art project
>requests the Assault Muhrine throws the psyker's ass into the container
>u fuckin wot, it's just a shipping container m8, and this fucker is the wicked witch of the goddamn west if you didn't notice
>just do it nerd
>FINE
>he grapples the fucker and uses his jumpack on full blast to dive him and the Nid happy fucker into the container
>he barely beats the fucker in an initiative roll and dives out before he can react
>Librarian shuts the door and the sigils he was drawing activate and glow
>well whaddya know, actually contains the fucker
>but it's not over yet, we have to call extraction and hold off a goddamn army of space buglizardnightmares
>suddenly a fucking HIVE TYRANT with a gaurd of a shitload of Warriors
>whyme
>Thunderhawk says it'll be three min to touchdown
>that's 18 rounds we gotta survive a Tyrant, 10 Warriors, and gods knows how many Gaunts
>we fight with the desperation of heroes, Space Yiff goes comatose about a third of the way in, Apothecary keeps him from melting due to acid
>Then the librarian goes down, because the Tyrant backhanded him through two rockcrete walls
>10 rounds left and we're all almost down, Tyrant is still up with pretty much all of the warriors dead
>I go down by having my left arm sheared off by an acidic bonesword, Tyrant picks me up to eat what's left of my face
>suddenly a booming noise
>It's the techmarine
MORE TO COME
>>
>>47694435
>>47694664
This sounds awesome so far, I'd love to be part of a combat that ran that long but I've never been able to pull off an epic like this.
>>
File: 4ReqKsK.jpg (57 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
4ReqKsK.jpg
57 KB, 919x720
>>47694435
>>47694664
part 3/? (prolly the finale)

>The noise was the Techmarine like I said
>He found the 40k equivalent of a Power Loader
>pic related
>Nid pauses from eating my face and looks at him
>GETAWAYFROMHIMYOUBITCH
>Challenge is accepted
>They start in on eachother
>Meanwhile the only other two party members left standing, are holding the line and trying to make sure the Librarian, the Assualt Muhrine, and I aren't bugchow in our comatose state
>Techmarine is giving it all he's got but the Tyrant is just a goddamn beast
>Thunderhawk finally fuckin arrives
>We push the container with our passenger into the bay
>The techmarine gets a good lick in and knocks the Tyrant over
>He rushes into the back of the hawk to escape with us
>Bay doors close, we lift off
>all is well
>then a big goddamn lurch sends us all falling around
>the fucking tyrant is using it's tongue and whips to hold us down
>at this point my character is finally conscious
>Techmarine looks me in the eyes
>Permission to disembark Squad Leader?
>See where he's going with this
>PERMISSION NOT GRANTED DONT YOU FUCKING DO IT WE CAN GET OUT OF THI-
>He already opened the bay door and jumped
>He lands on and then grapples the Tyrant
>It spits acid all over him and sticks it's Bonesword clean through him and the Loader
>His final act is breaking the thing's fucking neck with his Loader claws
>Hear a weak voice over the vox, half laughing
>Fl....Fly you fools.
>He dies holding that monster in an embrace of hatred
>Hawk at this point is lifting the fuck out, flying swarm creatures are everywhere
>Mission accomplished.
>mfw
>my squad's face when
>>
>>47694895
>PERMISSION NOT GRANTED DONT YOU FUCKING DO IT WE CAN GET OUT OF THI-
>He already opened the bay door and jumped
Goddamn, son.
Respect is mad.
>>
>>47660173
I've got a question about Rogue Trader. Does the Talent Hard Bargain (when you would gain profit factor gain an additional profit factor) stack? The Navigator got it Rank 1 with the Navis Scion advanced career. If the Rogue Trader gets it, through either Calixian Privateer at rank 2 or his base career at rank 7, does it stack with the Navigator's? Further the Seneschal might get it if they become a Cold Trade Broker, Drusian Charlatan or just at Rank 5 normally.
>>
File: shrine.jpg (36 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
shrine.jpg
36 KB, 800x600
>>47694435
>>47694664
>>47694895
And finally for reference

The Squad consisted of a Blood Angels Librarian, Dark Angels Assault Marine, An Ultrasmurf Squad leader/Tactical Marine (me), Space Yiff Assault Marine, Imperial Fists Devastator, a Black Shield Apothecary (He eventually told us he as a former Soul Drinker after a while), and Finally an Iron Hands Techmarine.

The story of Tantalus is a brutal one, it did not end happily, the splinter fleet consumed all life on the planet,

But without a Psychic guide in the near future it was hunted down and destroyed by an Imperial Naval contingent, while it drifted aimlessly between worlds.

Nobody living or with half a brain goes to Tantalus now, but if you did, and you happened upon a certain spot of that barren rock. You'll find in what looks to be some sort of former quarry, a small shrine

It's a humble thing, a slab of brass sticking out of the rock, on it are the words

>This planet is a tomb, a tomb of heroes of the Imperium, without which a thousand thousand worlds would look like the one you're standing upon. A million men and one Angel of the Emperor gave their lives here so that Man might live another day.
>>
File: 1445207952564.jpg (266 KB, 1024x1201) Image search: [Google]
1445207952564.jpg
266 KB, 1024x1201
>>47692670
PHAENONITE!
>>47694895
'Nids. It's always fucking 'Nids that kill players.
Still, that's great.

>>47694988
Be a GM ruling, IMO. If it was my game, I would probably say yes provided everyone could articulate how their character helped secure the extra monies.
>>
File: sad muhrine.png (790 KB, 900x636) Image search: [Google]
sad muhrine.png
790 KB, 900x636
>>47694435
>>47694664
>>47694895
>>47695069
>>See where he's going with this
>>PERMISSION NOT GRANTED DONT YOU FUCKING DO IT WE CAN GET OUT OF THI-
>>He already opened the bay door and jumped

>>This planet is a tomb, a tomb of heroes of the Imperium, without which a thousand thousand worlds would look like the one you're standing upon. A million men and one Angel of the Emperor gave their lives here so that Man might live another day.

I wasn't ready for a feeltrip today senpai
>>
File: Angel of the Emperor.png (341 KB, 1808x1923) Image search: [Google]
Angel of the Emperor.png
341 KB, 1808x1923
>>47695069
capped for posterity, that was great
>>
My group might run only war, is it possible to make a revolver or flamer build without being gimped or should I stick to Las?
>>
>>47696004
Flamers are amazing as long as you're close enough. Why the fuck would you use a revolver though?
>>
>>47694664
Is running a combat like this feasible in any system other than Deathwatch and Black Crusade? I'd love to run gigantic combats like this in Dark Heresy but I don't think non-Astartes players can go for as many rounds and soak the bulk of the damage with multiplicative Unnatural Toughness and Power Armour. But that's assuming that damage soaking is why the astartes fights can go on for so long?
>>
>>47696650
Give the party big weapons, an entrenched position, and throw a horde at them. Its still a dick move, but if you want a drawn out slog, that'd be how you'd do it.
>>
>>47696729
So the short answer is "Don't do it"?
Well, while I'm entertaining the notion, what magnitude would you give to a squad of troopers? Say 6/8 men, I know Magnitude isn't a 1 for 1 thing but it's all the more vague for it.
>>
>>47696773
Have you looked at the Formation rules in OW? They're similar to Hordes, but Magnitude is more of a reflection of their size/numbers and they are more built around being dependant on some kind of Commander.

The second part might make it easier for your DH players to survive multiple waves, give them a chance to weaken/disorient some of the groups without being totally overwhelmed.
>>
>>47697232
I always forget about those. These will do excellently, thanks anon.
>>
Are there any good Grenade/Launcher/flamer feats for Rogue Trader?

I'm trying to make a slightly deranged soldier that leans a bit too much on the 'fiery' and 'destruction' parts of 'Bring fiery destruction upon your enemies' but the material I've read so far only has a few, mostly flamer.
>>
>>47696004
If by "Revolver", you mean "Carnodon Hand Cannon or similar", sure. Get a revolver hand cannon with Accurate, aim for Versatile Shooter, abuse the fuck out of specialist ammo as much as your GM allows. Dual wield them if you can get away with it.
>>
>>47697817

You'll find a bunch of talents in Only War for flame and blast weapons. See if you can port them over.
>>
>>47663270
I made a homebrew rule for my DH2 game that a bipod on a Basic weapon adds 1DoS when braced and used to fire weapons in burst-fire mode. In addition they negate the penalty for full-auto.

I also have a separate rule where a braced single-shot weapon (the intention here being a sniper rifle) can take a Full Aim as a Half Action. Dunno if too stronk though, probably is.
>>
>>47699040
Both of those sound like good ideas to me.
>>
>>47697583
Happy to help. I quite like them - Horde rules are more appropriate for instinctive/bestial creatures rather than Chaos Cultists/Tau Firewarriors imo. Not that, frankly, there's too much difference between Hordes and Formation rules.
>>
>>47699040
I like the removing penalty option for Full Auto with the bipod, not sure about the Full Aim though. I will admit, it's more of an instinctive dislike rather than any empirical evidence, so maybe I'm just being a No Fun Allowed guy.
>>
Bit of an odd question, but which product line has the best art in the books? I love to draw character/mission inspiration from book art to use in my games
>>
>>47700743
Isn't all the art done by the same guy?
>>
>>47696004
The revolver is perhaps the worst weapon in OW. Don't even think about touching it.

The Flamer, on the other hand is glorious.
>>
>>47700743
Then I'd recommen having a look in an artbook like Visions of Heresy.
Loads of stuff in there. Though the only stuff from FFG in there is from the Sabretooth card game.

>>47700751
No.
>>
>>47700783
Save the gunfighter fantasies for DH.

Or, use the Bolt Revolver profile I threw in the MEGA awhile back. Its in the Homebrew megafolder
>>
>>47700751
There's a couple different contractors on deviantart, when they aren't reusing old art from codexes and stuff
>>
Can someone explain to me how a space marine suppose to walk around unmolested by the population in black crusade? It says alpha legion are able to infiltrate and cause confusion, but how the hell do guardsmen miss chaos space marines with spiked giant shoulder pads and heretical symbols on their armor?

I mean even when a space marine walks around without his army isn't he unmistakable?
>>
>>47703383
Part of it is that an Alpha Legionnaire isn't always going to be in Imperial Space, while still certainly a big deal, a Space Marine in the Screaming Vortex isn't going to make everyone shit themselves unlike in the Imperium.

But in Imperial Space, who's to say they're walking around with their armor all chaos-ed out and being obvious? Infiltration doesn't always imply they're trying to tip-toe their way through enemy lines; and someone as crafty as a member of the Alpha Legion would have plenty of ways they'd brew up panic and fear in the enemy lines. Whether that's tending to a group of contacts they handle to fuck shit up for them or disguising themselves as a loyalist Space Marine chapter, there's plenty of stuff you can do that doesn't mean you're just the gigantic dude with spiked pauldrons trying to bluff their way past a guardsman.
>>
>>47703383
They start with +30 deceive and the option for a disguise kit for a reason.
>>
>>47701445
One artist on deviant literally drew a succubus as an anime big tit girl and now that is on the second page of the fucking book for a 2E expansion.
>>
>>47705629
Isn't that a filler image for when it had the identification stuff ripped?
>>
File: 1443113027303.jpg (1 MB, 2636x1331) Image search: [Google]
1443113027303.jpg
1 MB, 2636x1331
CONDORS RE-PURPOSING THIS THREAD
>>
>>47705842
See >>47691388.
>>
File: 1351012925482.jpg (78 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1351012925482.jpg
78 KB, 800x900
>>47695069
>This planet is a tomb, a tomb of heroes of the Imperium, without which a thousand thousand worlds would look like the one you're standing upon. A million men and one Angel of the Emperor gave their lives here so that Man might live another day.

Iron Hands go hard.
>>
>>47706372
When they don't have a third or so of their chapter falling to slaanesh.
>>
File: 1355638410588.png (187 KB, 874x892) Image search: [Google]
1355638410588.png
187 KB, 874x892
>>47706469
Wait what?
>>
>>47706491
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Gaudinian_Heresy
>>
>>47706504
Jesus. That was really recent too in terms of narrative. Losing a third of the Iron Council is a big deal
>>
>>47706537
Look at what Kristos himself did and it is no wonder that he fell to chaos so easily.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Kristos
>>
>>47705629
It's not in Enemy Within, Enemy Without, or Enemy beyond.
>>
>>47707287
It's in a /tg/ available version of one of them.
>>
>>47707693
And that was added by the uploader, not FFG.
>>
>>47707862
Yes. I'm surprised it bears repeating.
>>
File: 1351419399046.jpg (99 KB, 524x492) Image search: [Google]
1351419399046.jpg
99 KB, 524x492
How are your campaigns going, friends? Still in the devising stages? Already half way through? How was your last session?
>>
>>47708486
Still in the planning stage. I've got a story and the NPCs and Antagonists sorted, it's just the players I'm getting concerned about. Three Inquisitors in a cabal, what have I set myself up for?
>>
bump
>>
File: Metal_Masked_Assassin.png (377 KB, 993x889) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Masked_Assassin.png
377 KB, 993x889
>>47660173
Stat me for Rogue Trader
>>
>>47709420
Pain. But not as much pain as you can get them to inflict on themselves.
>>
>>47711353
Mayhaps. I just hope my players will, well, play along. The story is quite character driven and if they don't like the characters it's all for naught.
>>
How does automatic fire work in Dark Heresy?
>>
>>47712659
Which edition?
>>
>>47712813
Is there an appreciable difference?
>>
>>47712832
Very. 1e gives you a +20 to your roll, 2e gives a -10
>>
>>47712863
That's it?
>>
Anyone interested in a quest on /tg/ or /qst/ where you start as filthy underhive scum before getting inducted into a Space Marine Chapter? I'm setting it 90 years after the Badab War.

I've gone through the trouble of randomly generating a subsector, a Chapter and a couple of underhive gangers and I only now realize that I don't understand the mechanics of Dark Heresy/Deathwatch that well though
>>
>>47712892
That's the MAIN difference.
>>
>>47712951
>Anyone interested in a quest
No. Fuck off.
>>
File: Mars, the God of War.png (58 KB, 197x281) Image search: [Google]
Mars, the God of War.png
58 KB, 197x281
>>47709420
>Three Inquisitors
>>
>>47712980

but I'm using the sourcebooks and the mechanics, surely this counts for something.
>>
>>47712892
And then it grants an extra hit for every degree of success, up to the weapons rate of fire.
Also gives penalties to the enemy when doing suppressing fire.
>>
>>47713066
For a god of war, he doesn't look very warlike.

But yeah, I reckon I'm damned.
>>
>>47711574
Tell us more. Tell us about the characters, the PCs, everything (unless they lurk /tg/, then don't do that)
>>
>>47713066
I think he looks very nice....
>>
>>47713870
Well, two do lurk /tg/. But fuck it!

PCs as it stands:
Inquisitor Barik Banaroth, Ordo Malleus and Untouchable. Currently a dirty Xenophile, collaborating with a Necron Lord to eradicate and neutralise Psykers within the sector. A re-occuring PC.
Inquisitor Aloysius Yaltrin, Ordo Hereticus and a Psyker. A mix of a telepath and a diviner, his character concept is a man who scries the past and future to prevent Heresies and punish those that commit them. New character with a willingness to put his characters through hell for the good of the story and character development.
Inquisitor Arntor Hydnes, Ordo Malleus and Psyker. Considerably more powerful than Aloysius, his character concept seems to be to follow a similar path to Barik, waging a war against Chaos by any means without collaborating with Chaos, because that's where you draw the line dammit. New Character also, similarly willing to muck in with his characters.

Without giving away the plot, these players will be put in a Cabal together to figure out who or what is targetting Inquisitorial operations across the sector, operations are being sabotaged, cells in deep cover getting exposed. It smacks of an agenda, but who could be behind it?

The theme of the campaign is "Forget not why we fight". I'm a huge fan in general of people being consumed by their passions, Arthas hunting Mal'Ganis to the ends of the Earth no matter the cost, that sort of thing. The plan is to entice the players into wanting this mystery man dead that they forget their calling as Inquisitors, misuse their authority and leave worlds to burn in the name of vengeance

I just hope I can pull it off. Any thoughts or advice?
>>
>>47714441
First off, nice job on not giving any significant plot details. My first bit of advice is that this will be very unlike a typical RPG, because your players are in positions of massive authority. There will likely be a lot more of a narrative than a gameplay focus. You seem to already know that, but it needs to be reiterated anyway. Second, Inquisitors have the power to requisition almost anything. What equipment the players want for their characters, they will find a way to acquire. Remember also that if the players know anything about Inquisitorial operations, they will want networks of Acolytes. The usage of said networks will be your way of feeding them hints and such without railroading, but don't be afraid to kill said Acolytes off. There also is a very high likelihood that each will go about their own business in discovering what is going on. Sure, they're part of a cabal, but everyone has an agenda. I say that last part from personal experience (played in a post-Ragnarok game where myself and others became gods and did god shit.) There may be a single common objective, but everyone has their own personal goals and methods to fulfill said goals.
>>
>>47714569
Absolutely, I tend to run more narrative games than gameplay centric ones anyway, so that part I'm prepared for. Intrigue up to my eyebrows and all that.

I'm a bit nervous about acquisitions and all that, last campaign we had featured the freshly minted Inquisitor Banaroth and the other two players were members of his retinue. I wasn't quite ontop of Acquisitions, nor how much Influence is meant to fluctuate so it got very dull very fast for the players in regards to that. Their subtlety totally bombed though, wondering if this game will be similar. I'm quite looking forward to the Acolyte part, the players are established Inquisitors so they'll have had time to sort out Acolyte cells and all that, last campaign was pretty short notice after getting the Rosette. I'm also looking forward to the private agendas, as long as it doesn't escalate into PvP dickery, because that's no fun for anyone involved.

Thanks for the insight!
>>
>>47715082
No problem. Should be a fun game
>>
>>47711067
beautiful
>>
>>47660173
Question. Which book has the planet generator?
>>
>>47712951
Typically people inducted in a SM chapter are in pre to very early teens.
>>
>>47713103
And in 1e it is a full action along with semiauto and in 2e it is a half action.
>>
>>47715871
RT Stars of Inequity, I believe
>>
>>47716058

I'm aware. I'm planning for the gangers to be 14ish. A tad too old, but nothing that careful maintenance by Apothecary can't manage
>>
File: 1455300411234.jpg (255 KB, 1024x1192) Image search: [Google]
1455300411234.jpg
255 KB, 1024x1192
>>47664923
>>47673080
Ok anon, if you're still checking this I finally found it!
Book of Judgement, p. 71 has what I was thinking of. It's called "Scraper-Ripper". Give you +30 to Agility tests for 1d5 *hours*, but you also have to make a -20 WP check every time you are surprised to not just attack whatever spooked you. Good for combat, bad for stealth.
In fact, most of the drugs in Book of Judgement are great. Zumthorian Greyve makes you immune to fatigue for a couple hours, Karrikian Red Eye boosts awareness, Sandstone makes you harder to scent track... fuck, this is the best book to look at if you wanna make a Chem Dog.
>>
File: 1465561979335.jpg (62 KB, 640x389) Image search: [Google]
1465561979335.jpg
62 KB, 640x389
Anyone ever play in or run an Armored Regiment campaign in Only War? If so, how did it go?
>>
>>47708486
The RT's ship got kill-coded by an inquisitor so that the inquisitor, and a small wing of elder corsairs, could run a pirate blockade to go fight another inquisitor who may be slightly more radical. The pirate captain then revealed he was working for the possibly more radical inquisitor and has basically ordered the RT to work for him to go save his boss. Also the astropath gained around 12-15 insanity and 5 corruption from mentally sieging sorcerous mental blocks put into the pirate captain's head by a xeno's race who the inquisitor he works for is bartering elder soul gems with.

They're currently waiting for a pissed Magos Xenobiologis to show up to help the radical inquisitor. He's pissed at the party for blowing up a derelict Egarian space station that he was going to study.

So it's pretty much how I'd always imagined Rogue Trader would work.
>>
>>47708486
Planning stages, talking my guys through statting our regiment, worldbuilding our homeworld and writing their backstories to get them engaged and invested while I leech their creative energies and devise the first few chapters of the campaign. Shit's great, man.
>>
>>47708486
Last OW campaign I was in, the GM started us off with an obstacle course that no one had appropriate skills for, and no one would assist / work together to get through. Every PC failed, but for mine, and that's only because I picked up the dice in frustration, said 'fuck it', then rolled a 1. I quit after that.
>>
>>47717638
I ran a short campaign where all my players were crew members of a Baneblade

It went really well, they had a lot of fun and I tried really hard to keep it interesting
>>
>tfw Only War still isn't in stock.

Please, tell me they're going to restock it soon.

Or are they going to make a 2nd edition?

I NEED a physical copy. Of all the books.
>>
>>47703383
by not wearing that shit

I had a very successful BC group that used disguise all the time and wore stolen regular Astarte gear, most of the time they claimed they were either Deathwatch or from some bullshit Chapter that had been dead for centuries
>>
>>47719547
I don't see OW getting a 2nd edition for awhile.

I read somewhere that if you line up all of the 40krpgs, DH1e, RT and DW were like the collective First edition of 40krpg, with mostly defined classes and the like. BC was kinda the introduction of 40krpg Second Edition, with more free form classes, the Aptitude system, etc.

If there's another 2e coming out, my money's on RT or DW. Anything else would be too similar to its 1st edition to make much difference.
>>
Can someone post plasma guns from DH 2e for me?

I'm playing 1e and recently ran into just how awful plasma weapons are in Dark Heresy. I know how you're supposed to just use the Rogue Trader rules, but I'm wondering whether the price and ammo are the same. (I have a PC who found a plasma pistol and would love to use it... but would also love to sell it and get best quality guard flak for half the party.)
>>
>>47720207
They're identical to 1e plasma guns but lack Recharge, have Maximal, have a reload of 3 full and 5 full for the pistol and gun respectively, and the gun weighs 18kg.
>>
>>47720244
Oh wait, the plasma gun also does 1 more damage over the pistol.
>>
>>47720244
>>47720254
Thanks senpai.
Honestly, plasma guns being expensive as shit makes sense, I suppose, but mechanically it seems a really weird incentive. "get good gun" -> "sell for better armor", you know.

Any tips for someone running Tattered Fates, incidentally?
>>
>>47719939
Yeah, OW doesn't really need a 2e all that badly.
>>
What are the best pistol type weapons across the 1st edition games? Far as I see, it's pretty much going to be Argonite Whistlers or a multitude of Plasma Pistols.
>>
Has anyone here had to deal before with a "we wanted to start with a big ship" group in RT? When we made the dynasty and everything, they decided they were going the SP route and have ended with a fully equipped cruiser (macrocannons, archeotech torpedoes, launch bays) and then they even rolled the xenotech oddity for the ship, so they have a huge runecaster on the navigator's bridge

I was thinking about enticing them into joining a crusade or something where they can exploit their ship to the fullest, instead of having them waste such a ship in petty pirates and the regular exploration campaign we did before.

Also, has anyone got all the BFG -> RT conversions for xeno ships? I'll need some eldar try to attack them to recover the runecaster on occasion
>>
>>47722067
I've got a group with one of those, an Ambition-class cruiser. I've also got them in the middle of an operation to wipe out some muties who took over a planet from the local pure humans.
>>
>>47722009
Melta
>>
>>47722088
That sounds nice, I was planning on them joining a crusade as forwards exploration with a couple regiments and a few drop ships lent to them and "let them go at it" mapping the sector, conquering small worlds and stuff, having some OW style scenarios for when their specialists needed to do something crucial (or if they want to do it personally, but having some tempestus guys allows for suicide missions too).

What's the troop capacity of a refurbished cruiser? The huge cargo bays retrofitted to have more personnel. I know a Sword class can house a smallish regiment (Gaunt's ghosts), but nothing beyond that
>>
>>47722009
As far as I can recall, you either want an Inferno pistol to kill things, or some kind of SP pistol to utilise the different ammo-types and if possible, full auto.
>>
>>47722088
>Ambition Class
Bunch of punks. Last time I GMed for a party with a big ship, they had a grand cruiser. People scheming to steal it from them left and right. Good times.

>>47722151
Certainly, a pair of inferno pistols with the Scatter upgrade are on the wish list. I was thinking other than that.
>>
>>47722639
You could storytime a bit, if you want to, an ill-equipped crusade trying to steal my players' cruiser for their depleted battlegroups could be a good idea
>>
File: Tarellian3.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Tarellian3.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
Anyone got stat blocks for tarellian dog soldiers? I'm throwing my guys against a really ragtag tau force and these guys are cool enough that I'd like to include them as mercenaries. I've found homebrew stuff for playing them in Dark Heresy but dunno if they've appeared in any splats as NPCs or enemies.
>>
So why do people still play special snowflake characters even in Dark Heresy? I tried to play a game once and one of the characters was an insane krieg guardsman who never bathed and never took off his mask and started killing random civilians in a middle hive in a game that was advertise as investigation heavy.
Also the player boasted how good a rper he is before we played
>>
>>47723223
The fuck. And that sounds uncomfortably similar to a character I wanted to play for a while
>Creepy fucker from a post-apocalyptic world who never takes off the armor, helmet, and gas mask and is generally taciturn but helpful to the team
>Finds excuses to stay completely swathed in protective garments at all times, up to and including claiming disfigurement so the mask won't come off
>Ridiculously good at survival, shooting, and stealth
>If and when the mask comes off, turns out to be an angel-faced early 20s girl who's been doing the post-apoc lone wanderer shtick since around 12 years old. Still acts like she was raised by Mad Max and Rorschach even with the mask off
>>
>>47722067
My group went worse and decided on the completely barebones Grand Cruiser, they rammed things a lot
>>
>>47723223
Because DH is still default 40k for a lot of people, even though the games available cover pretty much any taste right now. Get that boy in Only War and I'm sure he'd be fine. I've been in Black Crusade groups where we were all trying to murder each other and Rogue Trader parties with half xenos that had more cohesion and consistency of tone and purpose than most of my DH groups.

But seriously fucking murder his character in your current game for pulling shit like that. IC actions = IC consequences.
>>
>>47715082
Hey, PvP can be fun! I recently consigned another pc to death and it was perfectly flavorful.
Protip: if you are a HERETIC, don't tell people.
>>
>>47725720
Perhaps it can be, but in every game I've ever played or ran player vs player conflict has ultimately boiled down to hard feelings and spread bad tensions to beyond the game. I'm fine with party conflict, where they disagree about things and might clash lightly, but actually trying to kill another character never ends well.
>>
File: Fat Larry.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Fat Larry.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
>>47708486

Everything is going lovely in Spess Mareen: Republican Commando, if a bit slow because my new work schedule is somewhat exhausting. The current episode is very intensive - it always is when the Ordo Chronos messes up sorta.

On the plus side, I do kick around ideas and planning for Solaris: Binary Soul and C'tan Star Stories. I look forward to running those as well one day.
>>
>>47726588
>Republican Commando

Can you give us moar info? Republic Commando is one of my favourite vidya so any campaign even jokingly named after it is probably relevant to my interests.
>>
File: Eye staring down.jpg (86 KB, 621x960) Image search: [Google]
Eye staring down.jpg
86 KB, 621x960
>>47727472

It's my Deathwatch game. I provide collections when I can, which is not often due to my new schedule.

When the strength of even the Adeptus Astartes fails against an extradimensional entity trying to turn the Materium into another copy of itself, the Commandos must dig deep within themselves, and fight back with the strength of a Legion.
>>
>>47722993
Bump for doggos
>>
Any recent tales of incompetence from your group(s)?

Alternatively, how often do you use the variant pattern rules when making regiments?
>>
>>47729127
>Alternatively, how often do you use the variant pattern rules when making regiments?

Not often, but I've done it for some regiments where it seemed fitting.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.