[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: General2.jpg (257 KB, 900x647) Image search: [Google]
General2.jpg
257 KB, 900x647
Tank Month edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: BulletHell.jpg (101 KB, 576x960) Image search: [Google]
BulletHell.jpg
101 KB, 576x960
Claimed for the Greater Good
>>
Some more story for my dudes:

Vash's Warband are a handful of renegade space marines, non chaos worshipping, and a few dozen regular people who are basically space pirates. Their home base on on a planet in the Segmentum Pacificus, and also home to about 45,000 Imperial citizens whom they don't bother.

The world, Shierra II is a mixed biome ferrous planet with water covering about 55% of the planet's surface. It is mostly used by the Imperium as a dumping ground for scrap metal and other stable non-toxic waste.

Also visiting is Psyker Inquisitor Summer Oriel of the Ordo Hereticus who has made it her mission to track the rogue marines and bring them to justice, though she hasn't yet made her presence clear to them. She is waiting on some backup to arrive. She is pretty cool, but not cool enough to take on thirty four space marines and 70 regular dudes on her own. Some inquisitorial forces are supposed to show up eventually, but failing that she has some allies in a nearby space marine chapter.

Living in the massive scrapyard is a small Tau sect, drawing the attention of an Ordo Xenos inquisitor to the planet. The Tau currently have no good means of getting off the planet, and the Xenos inquisitor is puzzled trying to figure out how they got there in the first place, since it is a very long way from Tau space and the Tau do not possess warp travel.

The Tau salvage and recycle stuff, and as a result their equipment looks rather shoddy. Make no mistake though - despite its appearance it was built with all the care of the Earth Caste engineers under the guidance of their Ethereal Caste. There are about 1200 total Tau, of which about three quarters are of military age. This puts the total number of fighting fire caste Tau at around 230, which is not even close to being able to threaten the planetary defense force. As such they try to keep a low profile, but sometimes they encounter the scrap gangers and other degenerates.
>>
What tanks can Renegades and Heretics use in the imperial armour 14 book?
>>
File: Creeeed.png (131 KB, 703x655) Image search: [Google]
Creeeed.png
131 KB, 703x655
>>47658943
Oh? What's this? The Greater Good has been replaced by a baneblade. What kind of tactical genius could have pulled this off?
>>
I'm poor as fuck and sort of friendless, is getting into WH40k a bad idea?

Or do you think it will somehow help me straighten my life and get my shit together? (you know the social aspect and all that, being creative and what not)
>>
>>47659059
>poor as fuck
Definitely not, at least if you're talking about actually being poor and making it hard to pay bills. If you have some spare cash, it can be but you just need to avoid comp and do the painting side. It's helped a lot with my personal mental health issues because it's something physical that -you've- worked on and can show off.
>>
>>47659059
It's an expensive habit if you're poor, but if there's a warhammer community in your area you could make some friends.
>>
File: newreleases.png (17 KB, 624x142) Image search: [Google]
newreleases.png
17 KB, 624x142
Y'all seen this yet? Scions and CSM are getting start collecting boxes for preorder this weekend.
>>
Are there any good alternatives to the old, bald servitors?
>>
Why don't Necron players use Monoliths any more?
>>
>>47659059
people whine about the cost of 40k, but it is a very cheap hobby compared to a lot of traditional hobbies like cars, fishing, or golf.

If you are struggling paying bills though, don't skip meals to buy plastic figures.

If you are looking to save some money on 40k, don't be afraid of buying used models off ebay and then removing the paint.

If you want to get into 40k for cheap, I also recommend Space Marines as they have the most players, therefore the most second hand models, therefore the best deals on second hand models.
>>
>>47659085
That'd be pretty sweet, but Tempestus are pretty tiny for Start Collecting.
>>
>>47659093
Because they don't have a use.
>>
>>47659085
I hope this is real

what would be in the Start Collecting! CSM box though? Cultists, a terminator lord, and a dinobot?
>>
>>47659097
>cost of 40k
It is whined a lot about on /tg/, but it's definitely amplified because (at least based on observation) a lot of players are interested in competitive playing. Just painting models of heck, just base coating a squad isn't that expensive if you're just in it for making a few models. Competitive builds can cost thousands when they need to be changed when the meta shifts.
>>
>>47659059
Find something else. Hobbies are for when you have money to throw away.
>>
>>47659085
>>47659110
would it be a good idea to start collecting CSM now so I can be OP when they release a new codex?
>>
>>47659085
Yeah my LGS posted about it yesterday. I am stoked about the scions.
>>
>>47659110

manager friend told me that its the same as the space marine one, so a termilord, 10 marines and a hellbrute. If the rules are identical I'm going to be very sad
>>
>>47659085
Well, shit, I was just thinking about starting Scions. Does a scions scheme painter exist like the SM one Bolter and Chainsword has?
>>
>>47659122
the new codex will not be OP

the two codexes before the current were not OP

>>47659132
>13 year old CSM kit
>2.5 year old SM kit
>Unique new terminator captain
>generic old terminator lord (granted this is a cool kit, but still)
:(
>>
>>47659085
if they could give the daemon sets rules for 40k as well that'd be cool as fuck.
>>
>>47659085
>start collecting scions
But they've only got four unit choices and one character in the codex. Is it just going to be a taurox, squad and a commissar?
>>
>>47659205
I'd rather see a taurox and two squads personally. I have a feeling they will not do a Taurox, 5 scions, and a commissar because that would be very few models and would look terrible next to the others.
>>
>>47659205
Could be a plane? I would be down for that.
>>
>>47659205
Rumours say taurox and two scion squads. I suppose the IG one already got a commissar.
>>
>>47659233
Im willing to bet its Taurox, Squad of Scions and a Commisar.
>>
>>47659093

They are over costed.
They are hugely underpowered.
They will pop on turn 1.
Nerf batted since last edition.

There is literally no reason to take one.
>>
>>47659093
Doomsday arc puts out more shooty (and doesn't snapshoot other guns if it shoots its main gun) and they're too slow to really "transport" stuff.
>>
>>47659205
are there rumours for any other new releases for militarum tempestus that might be included in the kit? another major aspect of MT is the valkyrie so maybe it contains a squad or two and a valkyrie which would be more reasonable for the price.
>>
>>47659324
I think you've forgotten how batshit expensive scions are. After two scion squads you're getting the taurox for £8.
>>
do store owners frown upon players who never buy their merch there and just bring shit they got from ebay and such?
>>
>>47659383

As long as you buy your soda from them I don't think they mind.
>>
>>47659085
>CSM Start Collecting!
They will use models they are proud of

I say Cultists, Raptors, Dark Apostle and either Dinobot or Hellbrute
>>
>>47659383
Never buy anything? Yeah, probably. Try to support the store somehow, even if it's soda like that other anon says or occasionally stocking up on painting supplies there.
>>
>>47659383

Generally no, however if everyone who uses that shop buys nothing there the shop will close.

Support your FLGS people...
>>
>>47659401
>>47659446
>drinking soda
>in 2016
>>
>>47659464

The only stuff i don't buy there is oop things and things they can't actually sell. They can order virtually anything.

Not buying your stuff from the LGS you actually use is a pretty despicable thing quite frankly.
>>
>>47659446
>>47659464
well you know how it is, you bring your stuff and probably no one cares, and eventually you bring new stuff and suddenly people start asking questions like where did you get it, how much did you pay etc, including the store owner.

I'm latching on a friend who is a big spender there, but I personally would never buy models there I can easily get shit like 30% cheaper online anytime, it's just hard seeing the guy to the face and shrugging when he asks why I didn't buy them from him.

I mean if you see it the other way around, I'm making him a favor by not letting everyone know he is ripping them off and I could sell them everything cheaper (but yeah then the store would close etc)
>>
>>47659473

Or any other beverage you want. I only said soda because of my stereotype of anon includes drinking soda.

>>47659464

This is true.

I mostly buy paints and tools from my FLGS. Occasionally a box of models, just to support them. And because I'm impatient as fuck. This one time they had GW products 20% off for a weekend and I bought a start of my new army from them. 200 euros worth of models.
>>
>>47659498
>I'm doing him a favour
No. You're being a selfish twat. Just front up and accept it.
>He's ripping them off
You're also an idiot. You know the floorspace you're playing in needs rent paying, the lights and heat you use when playing in the store costs money, etc. etc., right?
>>
>>47659498

Not selling things at a very high discount that web only stores can do is not ripping people off.

Nobody gets rich running a bricks and mortar hobby store.

Then again it's kinda classless grilling people over where they buy their stuff.

But i'll stand by my statement if you use the store you really should support it even if things are a bit cheaper elsewhere. Do as you will though and ponder where else you can play when this place shuts down.
>>
>>47659533
I'm buying stuff from people who are also making a profit, wherever they have their shit stored also costs money, this dude is just charging more because he can and people want to throw their money away, he won't starve or close the store if he charged the same as any other online store where I get my already overpriced plastic.

I rather buy 3 boxes of a unit rather than 2 just so I can "finance" his store, he makes a good amount of money from painting omissions and supplies, he just overprices models because everyone is too beta to question him. I'm pretty sure he won't end up closing the store and sucking dicks on a back alley for charging what shit is actually worth.
>>
>>47659578

Do as you will.
>>
File: 1429225057359.gif (486 KB, 200x140) Image search: [Google]
1429225057359.gif
486 KB, 200x140
>>47659045
>when you're searching the bushes for the enemy and the smell of cigar smoke hits you
>>
>>47659498
>I'm doing my FLGS a favor by not buying from them
>>47659578
>since my FLGS has higher overhead costs than an online seller, he's a scumbug ripping people off
Holy shit, you're a special kind of retarded asshole. What army do you play?
>>
>>47659578
I mean, yeah it sucks that it's cheaper from a place with no overhead but you are also paying for your ability to play at the store (it's just that nobody is enforcing it).

Fucking retard.

This is why I do not play at the store up the road, I like to buy cheap goods and play with my terrain in my home so I can get shit faced.
>>
>>47659110
>>47659404
>cultists

pls no, cultists are in dark vengeance in bounds, gimme some fucking csm in my csm
>>
>>47659205
Taurox, 2 squads AND a commisar.
Or Taurox and 3 squads.
>>
>>47659654
This.

Even if there's a Helbrute I'd be happy. I love the model and it's actually a pretty fun centerpiece in small point/kill team games.

Best case scenario: termie lord, CSM 10 man squad, Dinobot/helbrute/raptors.
>>
>>47659578

Tell us the name of the store so we can check the prices.

If you do not i'll just assume you are another "epic, epic for the win" ebin troll XD
>>
>>47659595
I'm sorry I know I sound like an asshole and I probably am. I was just wondering if it's a common happening for people to just get better deals online than their local FLGS, I mean it usually takes less than 5 minutes to google a few stores get a better deal even with shipping added. Obviously he gets his shit from somewhere and in the age we live in is not that hard to find out where he gets his stuff from and skip him altogether.

>>47659635
I'm sorry that I'm just being cynically honest, but am I really that rare? do people really not browse the internet with their phones to look shit up? I can't be the only selfish bad guy in the world, do you really expect everyone around you to throw money away to help other people?

>>47659647
I didn't invent the internet, I sold cellphones for a while and people complained that they could get a better deal online than at the store, I couldn't do a thing, just told them to buy it online instead. It's just a part of the age we live in.

But obviously there's a bit more to this plastic collecting hobby than just getting the units, so that's why I'm asking how other people experience their situation in their FLGS, I bet there's a bunch of people like me there and you don't call them retards to their face just because they didn't acquire their models from that shop.
>>
>>47659295
Liking its model is a reason
>>
>>47659687
>I'm sorry that I'm just being cynically honest
You aren't being cynically honest, you're throwing out weak rationalizations to justify your parasitism.

Is your ilk rare? Unfortunately not.

The FLGS provides a service for you, so you aren't buying from them purely to help them.

> I sold cellphones for a while and people complained that they could get a better deal online than at the store, I couldn't do a thing, just told them to buy it online instead
You sound like a model employee.
>>
>>47659498
you are assuming that:

1. the store only exists to sell models, even though they also have 1-3 staff who play games, assist with painting, run events, run into overtime if lots of people want games, etc

2. that running a store costs the same as selling online

no one is telling you to buy everything from the store, but if you attend there regularly and not support them in any way then you are just taking the piss
>>
>>47659687
I buy half my stuff off ebay, half from the store. I buy most of my paints from the store though. Just stop in every once in a while and pick up a paint or 2. It's a lot harder to get paints cheap online anyways.
>>
>>47659686
here's the store, knock yourself out, they don't have prices online

http://geekandsundry.com/table-top-day/retailers/warhammer-monterrey-wargames-boardgames/
>>
>>47659687
kinda sort of, at my job people complain about prices since it's more expensive then a grocery store up the street and we don't price match much if ever. but then the draw of the store, cvs, is convenience and meds.

as for tabletop i buy from just about everywhere. locals, online/ebay, GW store since it's my local store, but for the more expensive stuff i know a guy who has a connection.
>>
>>47659383
Sorta.
As an adult with a job I can afford to shop at my local and do so, honestly if you're a poor student or an autism bux recipient then you're up shit creak.
>>
>>47659383
>>47659826

Depends on the manager but they are generally ok to an extend, you should still support the store if you are buying paints, dice etc at the very least
>>
I ordered 3 Whirlwinds from GW... They must have a random decal packing system. One box has the "Space Marine Vehicle" decal sheet. One box has the "Ultramarine" decal sheet. And the third box didn't have any decals...

The forces of Chaos must be at work there!
>>
>>47659947
why would you ever need more than one whirlwind?
>>
>>47659954
Squadrons
Formations
>>
>>47659954
...larger matches? formations? display purposes?

this is an easy one anon
>>
Fuck me, I recently had my 2 robutt Kastelan squad and their babysitter fucking punk a Maulerfiend in melee with no wounds taken.

I knew Chaos was bad but.....fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 640x1136
>>47659954
What those other Anons said...

Hammer of Caliban

Just finished a Base coating of Chaos black
>>
>>47660083
it's a ws3 walker, it's good at fighting tanks and terrible at fighting anything else. also that squad has a lot of powerfists and with av 12/12/10 5++ it's not gonna last long
>>
>>47660092
That's priming not basecoating.
Not that it matters unless you skip the actual basecoating.
>>
Will Slaanesh get squatted to pander the "modern" values and making the game more child-friendly?
>>
>>47660150
You read that shit BoLS article too?

Probably. The author is a terrible censorship "feel good" type but honestly Slaanesh doesn't vibe well. I could see keeping the models and stuff around but rebranding it because noise marines are a very popular cult.
>>
>>47658936
>Tank Month edition
What's this tank month shit? Are there new models coming out or something?
>>
>>47660189
It's a feature thing on the website. I'm assuming the White Dwarfs will be similarly themed.

There's temptus scion and chaos space marine start collecting thing coming out.
>>
>>47660189

Just new boxes with 3 or 4 normal tanks. Some boxes allows you to get 4 for the price of 3 and the likes.
>>
>>47660189
nothing but a best sellers list on the store homepage.
>>
File: 1464887997474.jpg (148 KB, 1125x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464887997474.jpg
148 KB, 1125x1000
>>47660163
This is an upcoming piece of artwork for Age of Sigmar. Look at how boob-free it is. They've also printed artwork of that slaneeshi steed with six tits in an AOS book as well.

So no, I don't think they're getting rid of the boobs.
>>
>>47660253
It could go either way. They seem selective with what will be sexy or not. I could be okay with Slaanesh being down played.

I didn't like the BoLS article because it suggested things (sex and drugs) in excess aren't intrinsically bad. It shows that Warhammer has been corrupted by Newthink.
>>
>>47660105
Nah man, they were phosphor spam Kastelans, first round they juked all his attacks and the babysitter got some haywire hits in, second round I had buffed their strength up 2 points and just wrecked him. He even failed on the laser thingy it has which gets better the more attacks you land.
>>
File: Necrons_DC_cover.jpg (77 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Necrons_DC_cover.jpg
77 KB, 800x600
Is there any way to get the "From the Sands We Rise" rule outside of the Start Collecting formation? I really like the idea of the Necron warriors coming back again and again as a fitting playstyle for the Necrons.
>>
>>47660399
If you could not find there probably isn't.

Just look at the points boost the formation has and apply it to the army with a relative point increase. Obviously ask your opponent first.

Jesus.
>>
>>47660253
Are the trees growing Elves or are the Elves growing trees?
>>
>>47660399
if you have the individual models to make up the formation, then it doesnt really matter if you dont have the card unless the people you play against are massive faggots
>>
>>47660455
Yes.
>>
Slaanesh is a shit god anyways

All the other Gods are timeless, but Slaanesh is a God of 80s hair bands and nothing else
>>
>>47659578
>I'm buying stuff from people who are also making a profit, wherever they have their shit stored also costs money, this dude is just charging more because he can and people want to throw their money away, he won't starve or close the store if he charged the same as any other online store where I get my already overpriced plastic.

You're a fucking retard.

He has to pay for a physical retail location. They don't. That's why he charges more. That's why fucking online sales put brick and mortar businesses out of business.

Yes, he WOULD go out of business charging the same as the online retailers, because he pays their price, THEN pays his bills, and only after that makes a profit.
>>
File: Fishingb8.png (48 KB, 621x622) Image search: [Google]
Fishingb8.png
48 KB, 621x622
>>47660549
>>
>>47660549
>tfw you will never slob on slaanesh's futa cock
>>
>>47659132
Ugh why do they cram the Termi Lord and Helbrute into every single CSM box?
>>
File: 1464201856351.png (11 KB, 305x205) Image search: [Google]
1464201856351.png
11 KB, 305x205
>>47659085
I'm guessing that for Militarum Tempestus it will be:
1 × Taurox Prime
1 × Commissar
2 × Militarum Tempestus Scions

Price would be 83,5£, which means 33,5£ of "free" which is right up there.

If it was 3 × Militarum Tempestus Scions boxes it would be 92£, becoming the best saving box with 42£ free stuff, beating Skitarii by 6,5£
>>
>>47660882
Much more likely it's the Prime, Commi and 2 Scions. They generally have wanted a HQ in every box.
>>
>>47660894
Lord Commissar is an HQ choice for MT, so that's covered.

3 × Militarum Tempestus Scions boxes would be 63£, which is on the low side

(Not that I'd be complaining, I'd rather have cheap MT so I can deepstrike them)
>>
>>47660882
>>47660894
>>47660915
Don't forget the basic scions box can make a scion command squad, so that could be an option for the HQ if they don't go with a commissar.
>>
>>47660954
True,

I factored that in with the 3×MT Scion boxes with a Taurox being the 92£ actual. Which is an amazing savings.

To me, the Taurox, Lord Commissar, 2×MT Scions looked the most right (price wise) to match up with other Get Started boxes. The rest was either too high, too low, or wierd (two HQs, too few models)
>>
Get started: Supplement faction?

Weird.
>>
So question:

Why would anyone ever field Greenmarines Tacticals?

Surely the point of Greenmarines is their unique first and second companies.
>>
File: Asmodai-would_like_a_word.jpg (266 KB, 1400x1137) Image search: [Google]
Asmodai-would_like_a_word.jpg
266 KB, 1400x1137
>>47661039
Asmodai sensed someone having fun, and couldn't get the Deathwing or Ravenwing to help put an end to it.
>>
>>47661039
To hold objectives. Neither the Ravenwing nor the Deathwing is particularly suited for static defense.
>>
>>47659132
sounds shit boring
>>
>>47661106

I play eight armies, and I've never seen much point to "static defence".

Sure, some long ranged gunner units should objective camp because they won't be moving anyhow, but sitting standard 24 inch or thereabouts range gun infantry in the backfield is horrible resource management.
>>
>>47661039
same reason you use basic troop units in any army
>>
>>47661158
then you probably dont play tau, some of thier victory conditions rely on you not moving from your deployment zone and they gain tonnes of bonuses for not moving/being within 6" or 12" from other units, etc
>>
>>47659085
Wat.

I was hoping for a Scions box, and now it's too late for me to get it for now! Considering that it's too hot outside to prime here, that is.

And the fact that I want to start my 30k Word Bearers.
>>
>>47661172

I don't play -gunline- Tau, no. Horribly boring playstyle. I'll grant their longer range makes having troops camp the deployment zone more sane though.

My Tau list is your typical tryhard Farsight list, albeit with just the one Riptide. I only really built it because I'd just came off a horde army and wanted low model count elite. One of the lists I try to wheel out against opponents I know can take it rather than casual pickup.
>>
>>47661213
>not having a cult allied det to WB
pff, do you even fanatics brah
>>
>>47661236
Oh no, I'd love to do that as well, but I've not bought BaC to get started with them yet, and I'd rather get that first as I've heard they'll be replacing that in September, which is something else I'll want to get.

That, and as I said earlier right now it's anywhere from 80+ to 100+ degrees outside. Too hot to prime my models, so right now the Start Collecting box I bought a couple months ago is just mostly sprue right now. I could probably work on them, and get them ready to be primed, now that I think about it.
>>
>>47661172
Supporting fire /= static defense
Mobile tau forces are the best ones, a little static support helps
But deploy in a corner gunline tau? Pleb teir list building and tactics.
>>
>>47661219
fair enough, farsight bombs are pretty fun to be fair but if you ran a normal tau list you would more than likely draw a "camp for 1 turn and get a kill for 1VP" card
>>
>>47661320
>Supporting fire /= static defense

wow nice reading comprehension, i didn't say supporting fire is the reason for gun line tau, i said the objective cards are static defence influenced and supporting fire and other bonuses helps them achieve that
>>
>>47661309
well currently the 'replacement' entirly rumours: believe nothing until we have something more concreate
>>
>>47661338
No you clearly said:
>some of thier victory conditions rely on you not moving from your deployment zone and they gain tonnes of bonuses for not moving/being within 6" or 12" from other units, etc
Which implies play statically

In truth, mobility helps you get to objectives much better than playing statically. By your logic if you get a bad deployment option you automatically lose because you can't be static on objectives you don't have.

>i said the objective cards are static defence influenced
Clearly incorrect, since only the few "Shoot X to death) cards validated such a claim. Everything else is objectives, melee, and deployment zone stuff for the most part.

I recommend you go back and read over said objective cards before spouting nonsense.
>>
Anyone found a store that sells battle for vedros?
>>
>>47661402
>Which implies play statically

no, i stated that fluff wise tau are expected to gun line and that if you want to win that objective then you DO have to play statically for that turn, nothing is stopping you from ignoring it and going for map objectives but that is your choice

at no point did i say mobility was bad, at no point did i say you should ALWAYS PLAY STATIC DEFENCE

>Clearly incorrect

i literally said "some of the cards" some is not all, those cards specifically are static influenced, i could have made it more clear but come the fuck on you have to be brain dead not to realise what i meant

I did not imply anything, you came to that decision all on your own
>>
>>47659059
Maybe, it helped me to get motivated to start a part time job for some monies. But it depends on your life situation.
>>
>>47661464

Okay, but why are you playing Maelstrom, and even in the context of Simon Says: The Wargame, why are you bothering to use the race specific cards?
>>
Does taking a lot of devilfish handicap Tau? (Inb4 whining, yes I know a handicapped Tau is still very strong)

I like the idea of a mobile army so I'm probably gonna go for it regardless, but devilfish seem like kind of a mediocre transport. I'd love to see a new Tau transport that's AV11/11/10 (or even 10/10/10, seeing as they can jink), but has fire ports or open topped. I'd absolutely use the ability scoot-n-shoot my FWs.

Maybe I'll homebrew some rules and try to kitbash something. Suggestions? It's hard to kitbash Tau vehicles since we have so few to take bits from (we get two non-flying vehicles in the whole codex, basically).
>>
>>47659479
>saving money is wrong
>>
>>47661581
>rhino/landraider
>russ/chimera
>venom/raider
Out of curiosity, does anything other than orks have more than two main vehicle chassis?
>>
>>47661552
sorry i didnt realise that there was a rule that forbid you from using what you wanted or making your own scenario that used the cards

slighty less dick reply: my LGS uses race specific cards and happily lends them to people that dont have a codex yet so they can learn how it works
>>
>>47661595
I was counting piranha. If you're ignoring stuff like landspeeders, we only get one.
>>
>>47661581
I'd like to see the DevilHead model repurposed as Hammerhead / Skyray / some new third thing, and then see a new model that's a new Devilfish and also a lighter transport (like rhino/razorback), and maybe also a light tank option (like Necron's little chariot barge).

I will gladly trade away Riptides and Stormsurges for these things.
>>
>>47659011
Sounds like a pretty cute setting for a kill team narrative campaign or RPG campaign, good work anon
>>
Post Imperial Pin-ups so we can raise morale for the Imperial Guard
>>
>>47660882
If Scions get a box, i could afford to do my Gue'vesa detachment. Nice.

Is there a similar image for savings on the Shipping Crate bundles?
>>
>>47661974
SLAANESH GET OUT
>>
>>47661581
>You will never have a Kroot-filled open topped skimmer chariot
>>
>>47662026
But why

Where's the anon who got hired by Forgeworld

Can't she sleep with someone and pull some strings to make this happen
>>
>>47659479
My local store gives us 10% off on the weekends when we play, which is awesome.
>>
>>47661974
Morale has been restored.
>>
>>47662054
Believe me i know. I really wish we had racial support vehicles. Tearing apart IG tanks to put Devilfish engines and vents for my human/kroot FW gets old, especially if i want to field ACTUAL guevesa they are desperate allies with their own empire. But we're Tau, friend. We do get a lot, even of its faggot ass fuckhuge robits we dont want.
>>
Are IG a fun army to play? What kind of units would you recommend to get? Is a only infantry army a viable thing?
>>
>>47660863
because they're legitimately good kits?
>>
are Kastelan OP?
>>
>>47662144
Not really, theyre pricey and slow as balls. If your opponent mindlessly feeds them infantry, theyre amazing, otherwise they're mediocre. If they catch a vehicle with powerfists on though, it is so dead its not funny.
>>
>>47662144
fairly powerful, fairly expensive but still die to grav and instant death
>>
File: R'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (352 KB, 493x586) Image search: [Google]
R'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
352 KB, 493x586
>>47662081
I WANT SKIMMERS AND AUXILIARIES AND MOBILE INFANTRY

NOT MONSTROUS CREATURES AND GIANT BATTLESUITS

GW FUCKING STOP
>>
>>47660863
Because the Terminator Lord is the only plastic CSM HQ choice with its own kit, and the Helbrute is a stand-alone vehicle that doesn't take up a lot of space in a box. It's also a pretty recent kit, so it's going to be replaced in the near future - which means GW doesn't have to worry about needing to repack their starter set with a newer model.
>>
>>47662213
>Despite being some of the coolest models in the game, Kroot and Vespid will continue to slide into obscurity, while GW pumps out more and more goofy looking Tau megazords.

It hurts.
>>
>>47662213
I want hammerhead variants, light artillery hammerheads and more mobile, lightly armoured skimmer tanks, as well as more infantry options amongst kroot and vespid, as well as one of those psychic pilots. They can be overcosted (points and pounds) FW kits for all i care
>>
i could see the kroot using chariots if nothing else
>>
>>47662213
>Tfw my first impression of the T'au, almost ten years ago, was that their shtick was being the multiracial faction.
Fuck it. Buy more kroot and vespid and use rules from some other codex to represent it.

Take all your spare breacher guns and shoulder pads and extra shit that the new fire warrior kit is full of.
Shove them onto some saurus warriors and throw on some greenstuff.
Count the Tarellian dog soldiers as breachers.
>>
>>47662353
this is going to be my first conversion project, kroot fire warriors and vespid breachers
>>
>>47662253
I have 80 kroot, 12 hounds 3 krootox and 20 vespid
It's always amazing when I use just some of them.
>>
Daily Reminder that Imperial Guard are the 2nd worse codex in the game, beaten only by Blood Angels.
>>
>>47662213
>moaners want X
>instead of buying what they want from GW, they just buy from recasters
>get surprised that GW provide for people who bought what they wanted from them
>WAAH WAAH WHY NO X OR Y :((( FUCKING JEWS IM GOING TO BUY FROM RECASTERS!

And the cycle continues.
>>
>>47662353

T'au is the planet, not the people.

If you're gonna be so nerdy as to use the fictional aliens words for things in casual conversation, at least get them right.
>>
>>47662518
>chaos
>orks
>tyranids
>>
>>47661974
>get artwork from a cheesecake Japanese artist
>slap it on a different background
>slap an Imperial Aqulia next to it
>claim that you did the whole thing, girl included

I know cause my sister bought me that guys artbooks.

You can do exactly the same shit by grabbing any fucking picture and slapping an Aqulia on it.
>>
>>47662553
>biting bait
>>
>>47662553
You weren't here last night were you? Orks, CSM and Nids all rank higher in GT's than Imperial Guard and Blood Angels, so, since that is 100% the mark of whether a codex is good or not, we come to the conclusion that IG and BA are shit.

Orks, Nids, CSM, DE, SoB and so on are all vastly superior to them.
>>
>>47662572
It isn't bait, fuck nut. 100% undeniable proof based on placings and win ratios in GT's. Imperial Guard are 2nd last.
>>
>>47662538
Force of habit, everyone I knew was a scrub and referred to them interchangeably back in the day.
I will get better for you anon.
>>
>>47662537
Why did you assume I buy from recasters? What on Earth did I say that made you assume that?

Besides, me not buying the riptide didn't prevent the Stormsurge and Tau'nar. GW doesn't care what I want to pay for, which is new skimmers and auxiliaries. I can only buy so many hammerheads and kroot until I have as many as I'll ever need.
>>
>>47662662
>taking the bait
>>
>>47662537
>they just buy from recasters
Kroot problem's old, m8. Kit was reasonably popular in 2001, they've just been neglected since.

A clamshell shaper would do them a world of good. Or better yet, a box that includes some plastic hounds and an ox.
>>
>>47662600

I'm curious, what other armies do you play?
>>
File: file.png (133 KB, 256x387) Image search: [Google]
file.png
133 KB, 256x387
>>47662213
>MOBILE INFANTRY
Well fuck, now i've another themed army to do.
>>
>>47662518
>2nd worse
>>
>>47662662
Let's just say it's a hunch. Most people here moan about their army not getting all the love, then call GW 'Jews' or anybody who goes "oh that's a neat model" a 'shill' or asks 'how much are you paid to post here?'. Then admit to buying from recasters, which loops back to why their stuff ''''''''''never'''''''''''' gets updated.

Look at what happened when IA14 stuff got leaked a few weeks ago, /40kg/ was basically

>FUCKING MORE ROBOTS FUCKING JEWS
>FUCKING MORE TAU? GW DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT X!
>FUCKING JEWS SELLING TO KIDS! JEWS JEWS JEWS!

Don't believe me? Feel free to look in the archive yourself.
>>
File: 1396575195360.png (56 KB, 262x300) Image search: [Google]
1396575195360.png
56 KB, 262x300
>>47658936

>tfw missed this general in the catalog because I was scrolling through trying to find the meme image
>>
>>47662213
>Crisis suits
>not mobile
>not infantry
>>
>>47658936
Right, tank month... (pic related)
>>
>>47662721
>implying I play 40k

Nah, but seriously, I play CSM. Or, more correctly, last time I played I played CSM. Technically they are Black Legion but I kinda gave up on that idea.

I'm merely pointing out objective evidence which proves IG are the 2nd worse codex. If you don't understand why they're bad, then you don't really have a right to an opinion desu.

>>47662738
They are. Blood Angels have a lower win % than they do. IG were 45% and BA were 40% iirc. The evidence is out there to find yourself, so either backup your assertion they're not shit, or back down.
>>
>>47662588
And all outrank Miltemp.
>>
>>47660549
their is nothing wrong with worshiping a god that makes dr feelgood real
>>
>>47662782
Well the collected evidence didn't even mention them. Since they're essentially IG without options, you're probably right.
>>
>>47662773
>being this assmad

Just accept that there is a meta and IG are mid at best.
>>
How do Corsairs sound to you guys?

Are they Craftworld level of broken or are they fine for casual games?
>>
>Tankbustas aren't on the Tank Hunter tab on the GW site
What the FUCK
>>
>>47660858
The old comics imply that Slaanesh daemons don't even have sex with human(oids) in the traditional way. They just phase their claws/hands into the persons skull and massage the brains pleasure and pain receptors.
>>
>>47662773
>I'm merely pointing out objective evidence
Actually you're merely mentioning it without providing source.
>>
File: win % for armies.png (200 KB, 1434x750) Image search: [Google]
win % for armies.png
200 KB, 1434x750
>>47662808
>mid at best

'no'

Back up your claim with evidence or fuck off, mate. I've just done it. There is a reason why IG don't place, let alone put up a good account for themselves in GTs.
>>
>>47662810
They're less faggotrocious than Craftworlds. Imagine Dark Eldar but good and you are close to the mark.
>>
File: 0607161234-1.jpg (496 KB, 1817x1296) Image search: [Google]
0607161234-1.jpg
496 KB, 1817x1296
>>47662426
Sorry for potato pic, havent set up lights since work picked up. But i have quite a few Kroot fw and Cadian (kroot are albino themed by the way.) If this inspires you at all
>>
>>47662823
See >>47662826 if you want to pull that card, but that's the last refuge of the desperate and, more importantly, wrong.
>>
>>47662826
Whats the source on this?
>>
File: 1424991029937.png (247 KB, 570x668) Image search: [Google]
1424991029937.png
247 KB, 570x668
>>47662826
>Sisters of Squatted
>53%
>>
>>47662826
>raving about being BTFO over "m-muh IG are g-good!"

Shut the fuck up already. Here's your (You), take care of it.
>>
Orks get an updated codex and model line, alongside substantial buffs.

BUT

They're now unified with AoS Greenskinz ala Daemons, and all models are in a style that is consistent with AoS technology.
>>
>>47662826
>unsourced
>doesn't show sample size for each army

0/10 graph desu fampai
>>
File: 1460822868833.gif (3 MB, 423x231) Image search: [Google]
1460822868833.gif
3 MB, 423x231
>>47662826
>daemons right behind eldar and way above grey knights

i think i've been online too much because i swore my army was mid tier. i guess i need to do more summoning, use incursion, and stop pulling my punches
>>
>>47662826
I know that one, and it includes allied armies in the statistics, so the "sorcerer, 20 cultists and 1700 points of demons/forgeworld" counts as a CSM win.
>>
>>47662863
>it's the update Snakebites deserve

10/10
would collect
>>
File: NOB-BLIND-008.jpg (92 KB, 799x529) Image search: [Google]
NOB-BLIND-008.jpg
92 KB, 799x529
>>47662863
>Improve orks and update snakebites
How is that a question?
>>
>>47661017
Scions have got a codex, currently. It's a very light codex, but it's still a codex and not a supplement. I don't /think/ you need the IG codex to run them.
>>
>>47662882
>need
Making an average army is basically ideal. Going full min-max is not something anyone needs.
>>
File: numbers.png (146 KB, 1289x909) Image search: [Google]
numbers.png
146 KB, 1289x909
>>47662843
I'm sorry, you seem to misunderstand, I'm saying they're bad, not good, anon.

>>47662880
>hur duurrrrr

Fuck off, son.

>>47662842
>x3 Exorcists suck xDDD
>>
>>47662902
That's the point. They have like five units in their whole codex and that includes their vehicle options. The codex was designed to be allies for other factions like Guard, SoB, even Inquisition which is an ally codex itself.

You'd have to be an absolute madman to run them solo, even if it can be legally done.
>>
>>47662843
See >>47662885 desu. Nice try, fuckboy, bet you were the fucker who started this shit last thread.
>>
>>47662838
>that's the last refuge of the desperate
Actually it's the respons of someone that wants to make an opinion for himself with firsthand reading instead of chewing though filtered content used to prove a point.
>>
>>47662902
You don't need IG.

But it's silly to give them a codex since the only thing that allows you to do is NOT take a guard cad. Although you do get some pretty great orders (EVEN THOUGH COMMISSARS CANT ORDER PEOPLE AROUND FOR SOME REASON).

They need to get mixed into Inquisition again, or get their own Chimeras and some sniper + heavy weapon units.
>>
File: 010415patrickar19.jpg (102 KB, 1170x800) Image search: [Google]
010415patrickar19.jpg
102 KB, 1170x800
>>47662908
>sample size of 5
>proof of anything
Ahahahaha
>>
File: ig are good.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
ig are good.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>47662843
But they are good anon, look, proof.
>>
>>47662923
All of you fuckers are retarded. That faggot for complaining about the meta existing and you shitters for posting those bullshit graphs to >prove it.
>>
>>47662942
>here is evidence
>no, this doesn't count

Hmmhmm.
>>
>>47662921
>not running a scion army
>not running a scion army without vehicles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRhg1_BWHwM
>>
>go over to friend's house
>he excited shows me the Great Unclean One he had just purchased off Amazon
"Dude... it says it's 8mm"
"Wait.. so it's small?"
>apparently arrived today
>smaller than standard Space Marine
I laughed heartily, how should we go about working this in to our lore? Having an 8mm tall Monsterous Creature cracks me up.
>>
>>47662957
>half the armies have a sample size of 5 or fewer

No, anon, that is not evidence.
>>
>>47662947
If I remember last night correctly, nobody actually said the meta was the problem, but somebody said IG weren't bad and then some spergs posted the graphs that anon has reposted for (You)'s.

Everything has happened again.
>>
>>47662972
I can't make the numbers more, because smart people don't play an army which will get wrecked by Grav Spam.
>>
>>47662961
GUO manifests as a swarm of Nurglings and that 8mm model is the fucker at the heart of it all that controls them.

Get ready to hate his guts because DoN have Shrouded and he's never not going to get a cover save with a model that small
>>
>>47662981
>I can't make the numbers more, because smart people don't play an army which will get wrecked by Grav Spam.

By your retarded logic, EVERY army with <5 data points could be the worst, because nobody fields them. And hey, that'd actually be accurate! You stumbled onto truth!
>>
>>47661581
As you said, Devilfish are underwhelming transports. And at 80 points, they literally cost two piranhas. And now Ethereal powers don't work from inside of one.
>>
File: graph.jpg (37 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
graph.jpg
37 KB, 600x463
>>47662908
I can make graphs too
>>
>>47662961
it's this guy, right? Run him as a herald or something.
>>
File: file.png (33 KB, 810x588) Image search: [Google]
file.png
33 KB, 810x588
>>47662908
>>
Should BT get Teutonic-inspired Cavalry units?
>>
>>47663010
Thanks anon, glad we could get to the ultimate conclusion that I'm never wrong.

>>47663029
That seems completely truthful, just like my graph, anon.

>>47663037
Is that based on moaning posts on /tg/? Cause Ad Mech do moan about lack of flyers and transports and no Taxi Service desu.
>>
>>47663029
Average penis size SOB, 2 inches. Your'e killing me man. Stop before I bust a gut laughing.
>>
>>47663049
I'd give them the 6+ faith Invul that SoB have
>>
>>47663049
But Anon, they already have them. Since they're a part of the vanilla codex they can take bikes. :^)
>>
>>47663035
>>47662961
Make him a GUO which got shrunk by an Ork weapon but didn't die and as it's so small, needs less Warp power to keep him in the fight. But he has the strength of a normal GUO still. Essentially Ant-Man, the daemon.

Or, make him a Familiar for a Nurgle Sorc.
>>
So the CSM Start Collecting contents are boring but any idea on the formation bonus?
>>
>>47662518
By that reasoning, Tau are a relatively low-mid tier army and people who bitch about them are just the worst sort of crybaby.
>>
File: ultra reee.jpg (46 KB, 375x592) Image search: [Google]
ultra reee.jpg
46 KB, 375x592
>>47663063
>removing something which makes SoB worseNot!Daemons

FUCKING LEAVE THEM ALONE.
>>
>>47663049

You mean Power Lance & Storm Shield wielding Bikers?

Or Power Lance & Storm Shield on the driver of the Attack Bike with the passenger in the side car also having a Power Lance (but no Storm Shield)
>>
File: wow its nothing.jpg (108 KB, 450x577) Image search: [Google]
wow its nothing.jpg
108 KB, 450x577
>>47659085
>start collecting CSM
>>
File: 1459717034984.jpg (16 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1459717034984.jpg
16 KB, 600x549
>>47663124
>>47663124
They would make so much more money if they put cultists in instead
>>
>>47663124
The DARK opposite of the space marine one. I'm more interested in the rules.
>>
>>47663124
Unless it has amazing formation rules I guess it, like all CSM releases, will suck.

Here's hoping for 'free upgrades for everyone', that would at least help a little.
>>
>>47662826
>Back up your claim with evidence or fuck off, mate. I've just done it. There is a reason why IG don't place, let alone put up a good account for themselves in GTs.

There's load of IG players, the vast majority of those are absolute shit-tier players that couldn't win a game of tic-tac-toe evee if they got two turns at a time.
>>
>>47663124
>>47663139
>>47663141
Not gonna lie, I might buy it just for cheaper Helbrute, even if it is garbage. Wonder what the formation is, though.
>>
>>47663124
Christ, even our starter box is just the loyalist box covered in spikes. I hope our formation bonus isn't the same.

Damn, they could've at least used the Sorcerer instead of the Lord for some variety.
>>
>>47662826
Source for graph?
Because with out the sample size, methods used, actual type of study, info on how bias was mitigated this isn't worth shit.
>>
>>47662908
>sample sizes this small
>in a game that uses dice

lmfayyyo
>>
>>47663139
Yeah you can get a not shit version of that box for $50 on eBay from dark vengeance.
>>
>>47663160
JUST RUN CSM AS C:SM BUT WITH SPIKIER MODELS AND DAEMON ALLIES
>>
>>47663107
SPACE HORSES.
>>
>>47663124
Well, this means the rumors that the CSM update had been pushed up were false.
>>
>>47663124
QUICK! Think up a ridiculously OP formation bonus for this. And then think of a "It's fucking nothing" formation bonus.
>>
>>47663089
Seems like a sound argument to me, anon.
>>
>>47663192
Good one: Your models use the rules from Codex: SM

It's fucking nothing: Lord and Champion get free gifts of mutation.
>>
>>47663192
>OP
All models in this formation gain perfect deepstrike and a 2++ save on the turn they TP in.
>nothing
All characters in this formation gain a free gift of mutation.
The helbrute must roll on its table before the game. this result applies for the rest of the game.
>>
>>47663191
How does it, fuck boy?

We know the 2nd part of Fenris is happening and it was leading up to some sort of CSM Tzeentchian event.. Oh, who have a hatred of the SW (more than most sound minded people)? Oh, 1K Sons.

We'll be getting an update for them.
>>
>>47663192
>the upgrades are free
>run and assault for everything
>TermiLord can also be TermiSorc and can summon more CSM if their unit is destroyed, for free of course

or

>CSM have Furious Charge in 6" of the Lord
>Helbrute rerolls Crazed
>>
>>47663161
Really? It was a quick graph made by shitposters, anon.
>>
>>47663242
Oh I'm well aware, I'm just calling him out on his bullshit, as well as his defence that he has a graph with a sample size of fucking five.
>>
What I'm getting from all these graphs is that Tau is a worse army than Orks, and Riptide spam is the only way to deal with all these tough armies like nids and DE, while SM and Eldar are just completely out of our league.
>>
>>47663124
Now we need to see if their formation special rule is to forgo moving to shoot in the Movement phase.

>The Felspear Terrorforce Special Rule will be Rip and Tear: one unit within 12" of the Chaos Lord may forgo moving to instead declare a charge. Resolve charges, overwatches, then fight as it were a Fight sub-phase. The unit may shoot in the Shooting phase and/or declare a charge in the Assault phase if they are no longer locked in combat.
>>
>>47663256
The Scion box SR needs to be that it can be BB with Tau.
>>
>>47663229
Don't you have more graph-based shitposting to do?

The Fenris update is going to be the second half of the Black Legion detachment plus some Tzeentch stuff. Not an actual fix for the Chaos Space Marines codex.
>>
>>47663275
>proofchicken
>>
How do you construct a Scion army ? I've been writing lista for a few days and I usually end up with 2 Tauroxes, 2 Valkyries, 2 Commands Squad and 2 regular squads. I know they're an elite commando army but how do you not get blasted off the table at 1000 points ?
>>
>>47663256
>There will be faggots that insist you can't declare a challenge if you assault during movement because it's not actually the assault phase

Even so that's an okay rule on a dedicated assaulting unit... Not this formation though. So it checks out as something GW would do.
>>
>>47663256
That seems purpose built for ZM, honestly.
>>
>>47663304
Why wouldn't you take the valk formation? It seems good. Too many points?
>>
>>47663234
I'm honestly expecting the nothing results in this. It sounds like something GW would think is useful but is actually a piss-poor bonus that nobody gives a fuck about.
>>
>>47663304
>how do you not get blasted off the table at 1000 points
take more dudes

less tanks

they're a hail-mary army, not durable enough to make it as MSU
>>
>>47663124
Hooray. More helbrutes.
>>
>>47663275
I never said it would fix CSM desu.

>first part of post

What?
>>
File: militemp.jpg (136 KB, 736x1000) Image search: [Google]
militemp.jpg
136 KB, 736x1000
>Nobody cared enough to post the scions one
>>
>>47663385
That's because it's shit.
>>
>>47663326
You need to have someone on the table turn one.
>>47663344
How do I stay mobile then ?
>>
>>47663385
>The box even includes a formation datasheet with a special rule that allows you to replace your losses throughout the battle!
We necrons, now?
>>
>>47663385
>A rule that allows you to replace your losses throughout the battle
FROM THE TAUROX, WE RISE

Any scans of the CSM box in hopes of having a blurb about the formation rule?
>>
>>47663385
>>47663392
"with a special rule that allows you to replace your losses throughout the battle!"

Scions are Necrons now.
>>
>>47663385
Assuming it'll be ~70 on eBay, that's basically a "free" taurox.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.