[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some systems that have realistic (and hopefully still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: not florida man somehow.png (30 KB, 279x113) Image search: [Google]
not florida man somehow.png
30 KB, 279x113
What are some systems that have realistic (and hopefully still fun) representations of wounds, bleeding, wound healing, and infection?
>>
Bump?
>>
>>47657480
Dark Heresy and its offshoots have a crit table.
>>
>>47657231
King Arthur Pendragon has a system of "grave wounds" and "chirurgery". You will receive a Grave Wound like a punctured lung or broken bone if your HP drops below a certain number. If you are KOd while you have a Grave Wound, the character must first receive First Aid so he doesn't just bleed out.
If he survives, he will become bedridden for weeks or even months being cared for by a maiden/priest/family member/whatever and slowly recovers. This is called Chirurgery. This may sound pretty boring, but since it's expected that a large part of the party will receive Wounds (pretty lethal system) it actually provides some nice breather episodes between adventures, and possibilities for romance, intrigue and administrating your fief, those three things being pretty big aspects of Pendragon.

Every week of in-game time, the character receiving Chirurgery must roll a dice to see how much HP he recovered. Prolonged strenuos action like running, traveling or even getting into too much arguing can make he actually LOSE hp, and infection is a possibility if he didn't receive first aid from someone competent. Bad care will also make you lose hp, and there's even an example of an angry wife slowly killing her wounded husband by neglect over the course of weeks.
>>
F.A.T.A.L.
>>
>>47657717
Does Pendragon have hit locations?
>>
>>47657680
FFG's 40k stuff is what I play most, actually. I want more on healing, though, and different types of wounds and so forth, really just so that I can make getting hurt something that actually matters beyond the current fight.

>>47657717
I have this PDF somewhere. I should check it out. Thanks.
>>
>>47658066
No. It does have a detailed system for "light" "grave" and "mortal" wounds. You actually made me crack open the book.

You see, it differentiates between the type of wound based wether the damage taken was smaller or greater than the character's CON attribute. Smaller damage is treated as scrapes, lacerations and light contusions that you may shrug off and keep fighting. BUT if you take a single hit that deals more damage than your CON attribute, you will not only have to make a test not to be knocked out right there but also will have to roll on a table to see wich attribute just got a PERMANENT debuff. The book also says it can be left to the GM's discretion.

Mortal wounds happen when the character takes more damage than his max HP in a single attack, wich is very possible when fighting dragons or giants. They cause A LOT of permanent damage to the character, and is recommended that he retires from adventuring after receiving one of them.

So no hit locations, but the wound system works a lot like a streamlined version of it.

>>47657231
You may want to see this too
>>
>>47657231
Anything by Leading Edge Games is autismally detailed on exactly where you hit and what happened. However, their systems all consist largely of tables.
>>
Obligatory GURPS.
>>
File: Dire mosquitos are no fun.jpg (14 KB, 319x473) Image search: [Google]
Dire mosquitos are no fun.jpg
14 KB, 319x473
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.