[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
False Dendrite Quest 181
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 23
File: circle.jpg (39 KB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
circle.jpg
39 KB, 300x218
it hands you a plant

a small worthless thing that can do nothing on its own

why does this make your heart waver so?

does it remind you of the vengeance that you were robbed of?

or the shame that that which knows no boundaries met upon you that night?

your actions make no sense

>Thread archive:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=false+dendrite+quest

>Branches known thus far:
http://pastebin.com/9SQy7UhL

>Twitter:
https://twitter.com/QM_Archelon

>Ask thing:
http://maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

>Game production blog:
https://studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
"Oh no..." My mother places a hand on her forehead and heaves a heavy sigh. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't trying to upset you-"
"You didn't," I sniffle. "This is just... I wasn't expecting this, that's all."

I move the pot to one hand and wipe my eyes with the other.

"It's really cute, and umm..."

Dammit, of all the possible things to get emotional about... just looking at it is making me tear up again. And since I don't want to end up breaking down into a crying wreck outright, I reach towards my mother with my free arm and pull her into a tight hug.

>talk to mine mommy
>go upstairs and place the cactus in its new home
>show off the cactus to everyone
>>
>>47654895
>a small worthless thing that can do nothing on its own
Sort of like you, without the Tree you've grown into, eh Overchan?
>>
>>47654934
>talk to mine mommy
Mom I love you
BUT THIS QLIPHOT'S GOT TO GO I CANNOT GROW OLD WITH LASERS SHOT
>>
>>47654934
>talk to mine mommy
>>
>>47654934
>talk to mine mommy
Damn, it's been two years now of this hasn't it?
>>
>writing
>>
I won't be awake by the time questions roll around, so I'll blow my load now and hope you'll remember to answer at the end of thread.

Has the Tree of Life made any more progress against the Qlipoth after CC and crew dispatched 2 of already small numbers? I'm no expert, but in a highly elite squadron one would expect the whole thing to start busting at the seems once a few stitches are [REMOVE]'d.

Have terms between Mr. G and the Tree gotten any better with the whole "forced cooperation" thing being so fruitful?

Naturally occurring branches are genetic, but is the same true for branches obtained via the book/gardener? Was the first branch user a fluke of mutation or created/altered to have these powers?

It seems very difficult to change the mind of a branch personality. Is this just confirmation bias on our end, or are all branches this set in stone about their life outlook? They almost seem like humunculi where they have 1 truly defining trait and anything else is regarded as secondary (which is different than how a normal person would weight tenants against each other).

What is the best way to prepare poultry?
>>
>>47655841
I bet at least half of these are SPOILERS.

Including the poultry question.
>>
>>47655841
>What is the best way to prepare poultry?
Breaded and deep fried.
>>
"Thanks," I say, finally letting go of my mother. "It really, REALLY means a lot."
"I'm just glad that you weren't offended," Mom replies. "I know how much you loved the one you had."
"Yeah, I did," I mumble.

I poured so much hard work and love into that thing...

"Well I was passing by the flower section of the grocery store and the little cactus display they had reminded me of yours," Mom says. "And then I got to thinking about how that guy is dead and they never found where he stashed everything that he stole..."
"Yeah," I mumble.
"So I started to look for a new cactus to try and cheer you up, but all the ones they had there were spraypainted or had fake flowers hotglued to them," she grimaces. "So I went to the florist's after I got done grocery shopping and that's where I found the one you're holding right now."
"Wow."

I look down at the tiny little potted cactus in my hand. It's even smaller than the one that bastard stole was when I first got it...

"So that's why I took so long getting back," Mom says. "I know it's no consolation for the one that you put all that effort into, but they people at the store said that that one can grow a lot too." She snaps her fingers. "Oh, and it grows HUGE flowers in the summer, too! They actually had a few that were already budding, but I thought you'd want to be able to raise it to that point yourself."

Wow she put a lot of thought into this.

>how do I respond?
>>
>>47656377
Hug the mom and say thanks.
>>
>>47656377
>"I love it!"

Best mom
>>
>>47656377
>spraypainted or had fake flowers hotglued to them
Why would you even do that? Just use plastic flowers if you want them fake…

>how do I respond?
Declaration that this mother is the best mother. Additional hug.
>>
File: squee.gif (560 KB, 400x210) Image search: [Google]
squee.gif
560 KB, 400x210
>>47656377
>>
>>47656377
>Suppress urge to erupt into rainbows
>>
File: 1465145010098.jpg (610 KB, 1050x1500) Image search: [Google]
1465145010098.jpg
610 KB, 1050x1500
>writing
>>
File: jeannette.png (15 KB, 127x292) Image search: [Google]
jeannette.png
15 KB, 127x292
I could so very easily use my amazing powers as the sun that something something to add visual effects to the warm fuzzies that are filling my stomach at this very moment. And if not for the fact that my mother has no knowledge of Branch stuff and I'd like to keep it that way, I would do just that.

So instead, I give her another hug. Mom hugs are the best.

"Thanks," I say. Seriously, I love it.
"Nice to hear," my mother smiles. "So now the only question left is where you're going to put it."
"Where else? It's going on my windowsill," I reply.
"So I suppose this means that you're going to be sleeping in your own bed for a change instead of sharing with your lady friend?"
"Buh-"

Just when I thought this was just going to be a happy heartwarming moment.

>how do I respond?
>>
>>47657153
Yes, Mooooooooooooother. Thanks for ruining are heartfelt moment.
>>
>>47657153
>filename
>>
>>47657153
>how do I respond?
"I’m sure we can survive a night apart. We are not literally glued together, you know?"
>>
>>47657153
>how do I respond?

But she's so nice!
>>
>>47657244
BONER NO
STOP
>>
>>47656463
>>spraypainted or had fake flowers hotglued to them
>Why would you even do that? Just use plastic flowers if you want them fake…
I have no idea, but it's EVERYWHERE.
I was in Home Depot today looking at gardening stuff and saw some plants that were an interesting shade of blue.
>SPRAYPAINTED BLUE
And literally all the cacti they had were either grafted monstrosities or had shit glued to them. It's maddening.

>writing
>>
>>47657448
I am sorry for the horrors you had to witness.
>>
>>47657448
I see you also saved Ylix's Suika as well.

Did someone pick up a GTS Suika Ibuki fetish?

Because she can also shrink herself into mini-Suikas. And she can also turn herself into a sparse mist.
>>
>>47657525
>Did someone pick up a GTS Suika Ibuki fetish?
I have no idea what GTS is.
I just posted that pic because I thought it was cute and amusing.
>>
File: cecile_miushimazu.png (568 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cecile_miushimazu.png
568 KB, 600x600
No, don't fall into her pace. She pulls this kind of thing all the time.

"Yes, MOM," I groan. "I'm sure we can survive a night apart."
"Only one?" Mom replies, smiling innocently.
"Thanks for ruining what I thought was a heartfelt moment."
"What, I'm just trying to gain information here," she shrugs. "How else am I supposed to learn about what's going on in your personal life since you never bother to call when we're gone."
"......"

I have no rebuttal to that.

"But maybe if we hadn't taken that job, you wouldn't have turned into the lesbian version of your sister..." Mom sighs. "Spending night after night at your girlfriend's place with nobody to bother you aside from a couple of birds and a cat..."

>retreat
>how much did charlotte tell you!?
>play dumb
>>
>>47657780
And her little sister who is more addicted to games than Mina, this making her a total night owl.
>>
>>47657780
>how much did charlotte tell you!?
>>
>>47657780
>>retreat
A good general knows when it is time to fight, and when it isn't.
>>
>>47657780
>Her little sister also stayed over several times, so there were a lot of chaste nights!
>>
File: 1464326665211.jpg (493 KB, 827x1169) Image search: [Google]
1464326665211.jpg
493 KB, 827x1169
>writing
>>
File: cecile_bishakalaka.png (340 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
cecile_bishakalaka.png
340 KB, 900x1600
"-And- her little sister," I say. "Who happens to be at -least- as addicted to videogames as Mina is and is a total night owl to boot."
"...oh yeah, the little sister-" Mom's eyes grow wide. "Wait a minute, she's into videogames?"
"You didn't notice her playing them while she was here?" I shrug. "Yeah, she's all about that stuff. EVen plays them online with Mina and her-"

Whooooooa there, me. Outing my friends is bad.

"Hm?"
"And one of her friends," I say, feigning innocence. "Late-night boss raids and all that."
"That's a surprise," Mom sighs. "And I guess that having her around would probably get in the way of any -mischief- that you two might have wanted to get into..."

She hits me with an accusatory glare.

"I am not my sister," I say, cringing at the memory of ALL THE TIMES I HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO THINGS THAT I SHOULD HAVE NEVER SEEN OR HEARD.
"Nice to know," Mom winks.

>[1/?]
>>
>>47657980
>[2/2]

Seemingly satisfied with the level of distress that she jsut caused me, my mother begins to make her way back to the kitchen. And the further away she goes, the more my feelings of embarrassment fade away.

Thank God.

>bug the charlotte
>bug the fathermans and the irene
>put mine new baby cactus in its new home
>[OTHER]
>>
>>47658056
>>put mine new baby cactus in its new home
>>BUG THE SISTER
>>
>>47658056
Then
>bug the fathermans and the irene
>>
>>47658056
Right next to the catnip.
>>
>>47658056
>>bug the charlotte
Introduce the new green family member.
>>
>>47658056
>put mine new baby cactus in its new home
>>
>writing
>>
File: cecile_marui_tan.jpg (295 KB, 404x709) Image search: [Google]
cecile_marui_tan.jpg
295 KB, 404x709
Taking extra care not to drop my new cactus, I make my way up the stairs and into my room for the first time in more than a day. And aside from the pile of dirty clothes in the corner, it's pretty clean in here.

"Hello,bed where I'm not allowed to fool around with Charlotte until after my parents go back to California," I say to the place where I sleep like half the time. "Hello, computer that I never use," I say to the PC that hasn't been turned on in like half a year. "And hello, windowsill."

I get on my knees so that the ledge itself is eyelevel, then place my new cactus in the spot where its dearly departed predecessor used to be.

"Nope nope nope go away anger the asshole is dead and there's no point in getting worked up now."

I shake my head back and forth until those thoughts of delicious posthumous vengeance finally leave my mind.

>[1/?]
>>
File: 6465465687.jpg (106 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
6465465687.jpg
106 KB, 450x600
>>47658398

It takes a few minutes to get the positioning -just- right so that it doesn't mess up the arrangement or spacing of the plants I already have on the windowsill, and then after that I find myself picking it back up to check the soil.

"Looks like this one actually has a half-decent pot," I say to myself as I return the cactus back to its new resting place. "Must be because she got it from a florist instead of a grocery store or whatever."

With everything now in place, I rise to my feet and check on the other plants that I'd been neglecting over the past few days. Much to my surprise, the soil is actually moist and nothing's got drooping leaves or anything! Not even the tiniest bit of yellowing, either.

I guess Allison must've been in here looking after them even without me asking her to.

>[2/?]
>>
>>47658533
>[3/3]

A knocking at my door shakes me out of my little gardening fantasy world. Turning to face the sound, I find Charlotte waving at me.

"Umm, your mother said that you were up here..." she says with an uneasy smile.

>how do I respond?
>>
>>47658579
>>how do I respond?
Tending to mah new cactus.
>>
>>47658579
Present cactus. Ask how cooking went.
>>
File: 1463934490634.jpg (184 KB, 724x1024) Image search: [Google]
1463934490634.jpg
184 KB, 724x1024
>writing
>>
File: charlotte_orendilaran.png (2 MB, 1225x1865) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_orendilaran.png
2 MB, 1225x1865
"Yeah," I say, pointing to the window. "I was just setting up the cactus that my Mom got me."
"Eh?" Charlotte's eyes widen. "You mean like..."
"C'mon, take a look for yourself!"

I take Charlotte by the hand and pull her over to the windowsill.

"See?" I point to my new baby cactus. "Isn't it cute?"
"This one's... pink?" Charlotte squints. "That's not the same type, is it."
"Nope," I shake my head. "It's a different species but it's still really cute and it was really thoughtful of my Mom to get it for me."
"It really was," she nods. "Pardon me if I'm not really fond of getting close to your windowsill, considering..."

Charlotte points to the catnip that's sitting right next to the cactus and suddenly my face feels like it's on fire.

"Yeah, the last thing we need is for you to go in heat while both of my parents are around," I sigh.
"Please don't put it like that..." Charlotte groans.

>[1/?]
>>
File: cecile_sashavasileva.png (93 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
cecile_sashavasileva.png
93 KB, 500x800
>>47658841
>[2/2]

even now your mind is fixated on laying with this weed

"So, umm..." I tug at the collar of my shirt, "...how'd the cooking go?"
"Well enough?" Charlotte shrugs. "All I did was follow your mother's instructions but she seemed pretty happy with how it turned out."
"That's good to know," I nod. "Is the pie cooking now?"
"The -pies- are, yes. I ended up having to make multiples since apparently I had to feed your entire family -and- that girl, too..." she grumbles.

I regret nothing.

"Any ETA on when they'll be done?" I ask, ignoring that last remark.
"In like ten minutes?" Charlotte shrugs. "Maybe less."
"Whoa, really?" I stare at her.
"Yeah, apparently it takes longer to prepare everything than it does to actually cook."
"Heh, go figure."

>what shall we do while we wait?
>>
>>47658958
>>what shall we do while we wait?
Smell it in the kitchen, anticipating the sating of her glutinous lust, given that her other lust is denied?

Teasing Charlotte and anyone in range to distract herself from her boredom.
>>
>>47658989
>glutinous
Wait, wrong word.

*gluttonous
>>
>>47658958
>>what shall we do while we wait?
Make sure all your plants are ok.
>>
>>47658958
That's enough time for a quick one.
>>
>>47659072
CC doesn’t know when to stop.
>>
>writing
>>
File: charlotte_keichan411.png (926 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
charlotte_keichan411.png
926 KB, 1200x1200
I take a nice, deep breath, filling my nostrils with the faint aroma of the cooking pie.

"Yeah, that smells good," I say, licking my lips. "I look forward to eating it."
"I bet you do," Charlotte replies. "And just your luck, I made -four- of them so you'll be able to pig out to your heart's content."
"You're so thoughtful~"

Giggling, I wrap my arms around Charlotte's shoulders and just kind of hang off of her.

"Too bad my parents are here," I whisper, "'cuz I bet we could manage a quickie before dinner's ready."
"You are -insatiable-, Charlotte says with an exasperated sigh. "But might I suggest that you maybe get off of me before your mother comes up here and sees us?"
"Eheh...."

I make sure to pout as hard as I can as I let go.

"I managed to dodge her interrogation -again- and I'd like to not have wasted that effort," Charlotte says. "I swear, are all mothers so relentless or is that specific to yours?"

>how do I respond?
>>
>>47659198
>how do I respond?
Dunno, are Theresa/Mina/Whatever other characters there have been’s mothers been relentless? I cannot remember.
>>
>>47659198
>>how do I respond?
She's good at the interrogation thing.
>>
File: 1463847041026.jpg (379 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1463847041026.jpg
379 KB, 1280x960
>writing
>>
File: cecile_pink-daisy21.png (228 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cecile_pink-daisy21.png
228 KB, 500x500
Theresa's mother always seemed to be pretty easygoing, but Mina's parents are definitely on the opposite end of the spectrum. And since I've never really been all that close to anyone else up until recently, I don't have the largest group to pull from.

"I dunno," I shrug, "my Mom's pretty good at the whole 'interrogation' thing."
"So I've experienced," Charlotte sighs. "But I guess I'm just going to have to get used to it..."
"Hey, at least my Dad isn't as bad," I reply, winking at her. "Though if you were a guy..."

Oh the posturing that would result. That stuff's the only part of Allison bringing her boyfriends home that I actually -don't- hate.

>[1/?]
>>
File: cecile_hinomars.jpg (460 KB, 1333x1901) Image search: [Google]
cecile_hinomars.jpg
460 KB, 1333x1901
>>47659470
>[2/2]

"Then it's a good thing that I'm not," Charlotte says.
"I'll say," I nod. "You wouldn't look NEARLY as hot in those dresses if you were a guy."
"Please spare me that mental image," she sighs.

I think I'll spare myself that atrocity, too. So instead of materializing such a horrible sight in hologram form, I take Charlotte's hand and guide her out of my room.

"Where are we going?" Charlotte asks.
"To the kitchen," I reply. "I want to be right there when the fruits of your labors ripen."

And on that wonderfully lame note, we make our way downstairs.
>>
Though this isn't where I wanted to stop, it's getting late and I have a headache so I'm going to have to call it a night here. Still a pretty fun thread, though.

The next thread will be Tuesday night, and will bring the chapter to a close.

and now questions
>>
>>47659594
CC can do some pretty incredible holographic images. Has this improved any of her more mundane capabilities? Can she now disregarding lacking dexterity draw photo-realistic images as if she was tracing them?
>>
>>47655841
>Has the Tree of Life made any more progress against the Qlipoth after CC and crew dispatched 2 of already small numbers?
Yes, though they're not about to advertise this fact thanks to the nonagression agreement that's still supposed to be in effect.

>I'm no expert, but in a highly elite squadron one would expect the whole thing to start busting at the seems once a few stitches are [REMOVE]'d.
As a group with a very small membership, the deaths of three of the Qliphoth's number was a pretty heavy blow. However, its leader's Branch is the sole reason why the Tree of Life is so wary of the group in the first place.

>Have terms between Mr. G and the Tree gotten any better with the whole "forced cooperation" thing being so fruitful?
Not at all. At best, the Tree of Life sees this as one dangerous element weakening another.

>Naturally occurring branches are genetic, but is the same true for branches obtained via the book/gardener?
As the Book of the Gardener specifically duplicates the effect of that Branch, any Branches that come about through its use are no different from naturally-occurring ones.

The offspring of a Branch holder has a higher likelihood of being born with a Seed, which then has a higher chance of awakening through proximity to Branch holders.

>Was the first branch user a fluke of mutation or created/altered to have these powers?
Unknown to history!

>continued...
>>
>>47659775
>It seems very difficult to change the mind of a branch personality. Is this just confirmation bias on our end, or are all branches this set in stone about their life outlook? They almost seem like humunculi where they have 1 truly defining trait and anything else is regarded as secondary (which is different than how a normal person would weight tenants against each other).
Cecile's is just a stubborn asshole, while Joshua's and Shary's aren't really like that at all.
And Irene might as well be a completely different person from how she originally started off as.

>What is the best way to prepare poultry?
For chicken, breaded and fried.
For turkey, I like it when it's roasted.

>>47659618
>CC can do some pretty incredible holographic images. Has this improved any of her more mundane capabilities? Can she now disregarding lacking dexterity draw photo-realistic images as if she was tracing them?
Her visual memory is waaaaaaaaaaay better than it used to be, but her ability to draw is the same as it always has been.

And now I sleep. Thanks for playing!

For further questioning:
http://maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

Game production blog:
https://studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>47659775
>As the Book of the Gardener specifically duplicates the effect of that Branch, any Branches that come about through its use are no different from naturally-occurring ones.

I don’t think you have answered the question. It was about branches growing without any outside influence whatsoever as opposed to some outside source influencing it, like for example a gardener.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.