[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ - A-Wing Best-Wing edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: 2015-03-29_00001.jpg (226 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-29_00001.jpg
226 KB, 1920x1080
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>47594570

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
File: image.png (125 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
125 KB, 640x1136
These are the prizes up for grabs for my local tourney.
>>
>>47653288
>Not TIE FIGHTER
>Not even X-Wing
That is why you fail
>>
So, best way of showing a bunch of new people how to play X-Wing using my own ships and one table?

Was thinking either make 2 similar 100 pt lists and have 2 a side controlling a ship or two each, or doing a ~30 point battle royale with people picking a ship to play
>>
File: 1403513017054.jpg (436 KB, 700x495) Image search: [Google]
1403513017054.jpg
436 KB, 700x495
HAHA TIME FOR SPEED FORCE
>>
>>47653399
How much to get in? That's a pretty decent prize list if you're the aforementioned new guy. Also what list are you thinking?

>>47653412
BF2's the only SW related thing I have on this computer, the older stuff is packed away somewhere
>>
>>47653501
I find you either have them pick iconic big ships for them to play, that sit roughly around the same points value with minimal upgrades (i.e. Han Solo with Chewie on board), or give them equivalent 50pts or so of iconic ships. Such as 4 Tie Fighters, one of which may be named. Or Biggs and Luke vs Vader + Mauler + Backstabber + Dark Curse and Advanced Targeting Comp on Vader. The points come... Close enough, while maintaining the thematic battle at the end of ANH (Vader's wingmen were Mauler and Backstabber, and Black 4 was Dark Curse.)
>>
>>47653597
It's $10 for 9weeks.

I'm thinking of running my Empire list I made.
>>
>>47653399
>>47653597
I'm assuming that alt art cards are given to everyone regardless first night too.
>>
File: Dengar.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Dengar.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
How would you go about an all TIE Phantom list? They're neat and I want to make a stealthy hunter list.
>>
>>47654876
triple ps5 dudes with ACD and a lot of regret
>>
>>47654876
Something like this:

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!79:27,44,142:-1:9:;78:27,44,48:-1:9:;12:140:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Whisper and Echo are a pain in the ass to deal with, but come out just a Tie/LN shy of 100. You can swap Kallus for whatever, or even drop the crew and systems to add another crackshot Black to the mix.

An alternative is to run 2 low-end Phantoms with Vessery, like this:
http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!76:36,-1:-1:8:;76:36,-1:-1:8:;70:27,144,-1:34:3:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

The idea is the Phantoms are little more than cloaking Headhunters with 4 dice and Fire Control Systems, while Vessery basically points and clicks shit out of existence. If pulled off right, both Phantoms line up on something, at least one Target Locks. Vessery unloads with a Target Locked and Focused Tractor Beam, followed up by a Target Locked main gun. If the Tractor Cannon connects, both Phantoms basically delete the ship, and/or move on to the next. Fun to fly, and nobody expects Phantoms to be fielded as expendable glass-sledgehammers.
>>
Just started x wing, I have following:

OT starter
TFA starter

Tie interceptor
Imperial aces
Firespray
Tie advanced
Tie phantom

Rebel aces
Millennium falcon
A wing
Y wing

What should I buy next? Have about $75 to spend.
>>
>>47655214
You could get the StarViper for two copies of Autothrusters
>>
>>47655214
What do you like to fly? K wing is a good heavy flyer
>>
>>47655263
>>47655295

I play the imperials, and like high ps aces that are maneuverable. Interceptor is my favorite so far but I like the look of the defender.

Friend usually plays the rebels and always wants to use the falcon.

I'm thinking about buying some scum but not sure if I should just focus on imperials/rebels first.
>>
>>47655465
Grab the defender then. Also the adv prototype is fun to fly as well
>>
>>47655465
Focus on Imps first, since you like high maneuverable aces. I second the other recomendation on getting a Defender. Pick up Imperial Veterans when it comes out, too. It will have a nice new bomber with a bunch of extra goodies for it (like the Tie Shuttle title), as well as a swanky red Defender with new pilots and some killer upgrades.

From there, you can build up Scum at your leisure. Starviper has Autothrusters, which is great for both it and the Interceptor and A-Wing. Most Wanted has a Y and 2 Z-95s, and scum-based cards and dials for the Firespray, and HWK-290. Aside from that, the Punishing One, Mist Hunter, and Aggressor are all good, but you want at 2 Aggressors if you're going to run them.
>>
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 768x1024
So I try to set up a WEG d6 campaign with friends, with me as DM. I explain the intention of the system and how it'll manifest in the setting. They seem fine, though they want to run an Imp party. Easy enough from a DM perspective, so I let them leave to set up d6 characters for next time:

>one dark jedi taken under Vader's tutelage
>Order 66 survivor with memory loss, serving the Empire as an elite trooper with force powers
>Not one, but TWO, Sith Inquisitors hunting jedi for the Sheev
>Force witch from whichever part of old canon you want to draw from that I can't be bothered to remember.

Am I going to have to explain this shit every time I try to get a d6 campaign going?
>>
>>47656562
Well...Dark Jedi by their nature tend to be special snowflakes, so my solution would be to either:

A) Go full Saturday Morning Villainy with them as Palpatine's Team Rocket and play up how silly UNLIMITED POWAAAAHHHHHH is. Besides, this is Star Wars. The good guys always win eventually.

B) Go full drama where their dark actions have grim consequences and you set up opportunities for some/all to redeem themselves before they try to kill each other (and they WILL try to kill each other).

C) If you legitimately don't want to go edgelord with the players, talk to them and try to meet some kind of middle ground that everyone thinks is fun.

>>47656562
>Am I going to have to explain this shit every time I try to get a d6 campaign going?
Its a 20+ year old system that players don't usually have familiarity with, so yeah, probably.
>>
>>47656562
Just flip the Dark Side turns PC to NPC rule to be about the Light side. It's not like there aren't a shitload of dark siders working for the Empire in both Legends and Disney continuities.
>>
File: 3569970-2888869-dass_jennir.jpg (161 KB, 1112x1020) Image search: [Google]
3569970-2888869-dass_jennir.jpg
161 KB, 1112x1020
Alright, I know I'm late to the game on this, but I just recently started collecting and reading the comics.

Why the FUCK did you people never tell me about Dass motherfuckin Jennir? This dude is my new #2 behind Kyle Katarn.
>>
File: 1454442817850.gif (334 KB, 1000x696) Image search: [Google]
1454442817850.gif
334 KB, 1000x696
>>47656562
People just wanna play dat Jedi ooga booga, yo.

A-and somehow I lost my drawing of someone looking askance at their lightsaber.
>>
Y-Wing BTL S3 is best ship, and I don't care what anyone or any meta says.
>>
File: image.png (66 KB, 1360x1760) Image search: [Google]
image.png
66 KB, 1360x1760
>>47656726
Oh it's not the edge lord part. I can live with a bit more ham in my life. I think it's the fact that the d6 game is a relatively low powered game and I explained that to them.

I really like your option A.

>>47656817
Yeah, I should have figured they wanted a FaD game.
>>
>>47656954
In the later bits of the campaign, you MUST start killing them one by one in the most ironically appropriate and/or comedic ways possible
>>
>>47656889
So... The normal one with a turret?
>>
>>47657176
Ion turret, Proton Torpedo loadout (With Extra Munitions usually in the X-wing game), and hopefully Horton Salm somewhere in the picture. BTL S3's downed Soontir Fel after all
>>
That one guy didn't post Savage Spirits info yet did he?
>>
File: XkKDrYJ.jpg (540 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
XkKDrYJ.jpg
540 KB, 2560x1440
>>47655214
Tie Punisher where are thou ?

Or buy 2 Starviper for 4 autothruster card.

I would say you need :
2 starviper, 1 Tie Inquisitor, 1 Tie FO expansion then eventually 1 TIE punisher.

The first 4 box will give you the best aces of what imperial has to offer, and will tremendously boost your old aces.
>>
>>47654876
4 phantoms, no upgrades, throw lots of red dice
>>
I have yet to play X-Wing as I don't know anyone who plays. So I have just been buying the miniatures.

I was just buying 1 of each thing Rebel and Imperial but the S&V faction just doesn't interest me, so I never bought any.

Now some of the new Rebel/Imp ships don't interest me either. I am really not interested in the "Rebels" stuff.

I am not sure how I feel about the ARC-170. I don't mind it being there but I feel like it should really suck! Like it is an ancient ship and should be slow/cumbersome and have bad shields but then I don't play, so I don't know why the rules would bother me.

I am not even sure how I feel about the Ep. VII ship at the moment, not sure if I will bother with them either.

I am sure I am made biased by the old X-Wing games. I just want to see ships like the TIE Avenger/Advance and the YT-2000. I do have an E-Wing though.
>>
>>47660009
>Like it is an ancient ship and should be slow/cumbersome and have bad shields but then I don't play, so I don't know why the rules would bother me.

The obvious comparison is jet fighters and really the difference between 20-30 years isn't so huge. Most air forces have (obviously heavily modified over the years) planes and choppers that are easily that old. Hell, the Chinook might make a century of service.
>>
Looking for some feedback on this epic Scum list for a tournament this weekend. Haven't played epic at this store yet so not entirely sure what to expect so I want to make sure I can handle roughly whatever is thrown at me.

300 points

Pilots
------

Black Sun Ace (29) x 3
Kihraxz Fighter (23), Attanni Mindlink (1), Assault Missiles (5), Guidance Chips (0)

Contracted Scout (35) x 2
JumpMaster 5000 (25), Ion Torpedoes (5), Extra Munitions (2), R4 Agromech (2), Deadeye (1), Guidance Chips (0)

IG88-B (52)
Aggressor (36), Predator (3), Sensor Jammer (4), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2)

IG88-A (52)
Aggressor (36), Predator (3), Sensor Jammer (4), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2)

Prince Xizor (39)
StarViper (31), Attanni Mindlink (1), Virago (1), Autothrusters (2), Sensor Jammer (4)

Any comments/criticism is appreciated
>>
>>47660349
63 HP / 22 red dice/turn is really on the low side.

It look okay if you don't encounter swarms.
I would replace the 3 black sun ace with 3 transdoshan slavers and try to have a couple TLT on the list...

Given you don't have naked Z-95, i don't see on what ship it would be safe to use the Prince ability (that you pay in the price of the prince) on.
IG and scout will be prime targets and black sun are way too expensive for you to assign damage to them.

you could also use the 4 aggressors, it has been proven to work if the rest of the list is swarm.

no way to tell how good you'll do as you and we don't know the meta and hard to say what to change if we don't know your collection
>>
>>47660009
I don't understand the overall point of the post ?
>>
Hi /swg/ i like bombs and bomb related accessories.

Warden sq pilot
Connor net
Munitions
Adv. Slam
Bombadier

Warden sq pilot
Prox mines
Munitions
Adv. Slam
Bombadier

Keyan Farlander
Push the limit
B/e2
Sabine Wren
Seismic charge

100pts
>>
>>47660656

I've got at least on of every ship except the Scyk and the ability to buy whatever, store is usually pretty well stocked so I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>47660778
>man who doesn't play game becomes bored with buying game pieces.
>>
>>47660656
Xizor doesn't need Z-95s per say. Opponents will tend to treat him as an "anti Biggs". When I run him in large(r) games, I tend to keep him near several ships, and shunt damage around. Even the black sun aces, scouts, or IGs aren't bad options, especially if Xizor has Sensor Jammer. It usually gets to the point where my opponents consider targets, and will prefer an IG at range 3 with Autothrusters, focus, and evade, over Xizor at range 2 with a just a jammer.
>>
Hey, is anyone here good at writing imperial military sounding stuff? Im doing prep for a game on sunday, and the speech that the admiral is going to give the legion is coming off a little too soft. Here is some background:

Its two months after the battle of Hoth, and the rebellion has scattered to the wind. Several imperial star destroyers are combing through the outer rim to find the rebel scum. The party is aboard the ISD Fury, led by a young admiral named Kavas. The planet they are currently above is so coved in life and jungle that life scans have proven useless, and the wildlife is so dangerous that probe droids are proving inefficient as well, so the Fury is going to deploy much of its legion to investigate the planet.

Here is what the speech needs to say.
*inspirational mention of the overwhelming imperial victory on the planet hoth
*"we have them on the run" line
*Brave troopers are the sharpest tool of the empire, make palps proud

I dont really know how much he should explain to the legion as a part of this speech, as not only will it be used as a motivational start to the campaign, but its also going to be how the party is explained whats going on. They dont need to know every detail from the get go, but...

I dunno, does anyone here enjoy writing imperial officer speech?
>>
File: mussolini supervillain lair.jpg (75 KB, 600x411) Image search: [Google]
mussolini supervillain lair.jpg
75 KB, 600x411
>>47662071
>Imperial military speech
How ridiculous is the speaker? Hitler and Mussolini speeches are an obvious starting point when you're writing spiels for the Space Axis Powers.
>>
>>47662130
Not Hitler, Hux, or Mussolini.

Reall cold calculated type. Imagine a young Piett who got lucky and hit admiral in his late 20's.

if you care, he is so young because He is the prince of a midrim world with a strong military tradition as well as historical loyalty to the republic and the empire. This alongside the fact that so many upper level officers died with the first death star allowed him to jump to his current perch, where he tries to lead with dignity and honor, but does not use bravado or machismo, more like the tame dignity associated with royalty.
>>
>>47662169
Go Lenin then if you want cold and calculating. Stalin if you want to add ruthless jerk to it.
>>
>>47653288

I was happy to hear about wave 4 of Armada and I'm really excited for the Interdictor, but its rules sound a bit lack luster. It seems powerful with what it can do, I was just hoping for something more creative than reducing rebel ships speed.
>>
File: armada-wave4-title-image.jpg (44 KB, 700x307) Image search: [Google]
armada-wave4-title-image.jpg
44 KB, 700x307
>>47662283
Damn it, forgot pic.
>>
>>47662071
>>47662169

Also, does anyone have that imperial duty table? Would much appreciate it!
>>
>>47662283
It's effectively a Victory class, with support and anti-support focus. Only 2 of it's trademark cards that have been spoiled, and that's the slowdown tech and the projector that starts ships off st speed 0. There are still two others we don't know, as well as a facedown card. I think the Interdictor is going to be quite a bit more than just a Victory that slows shit down.
>>
>>47662130

>"This Galactic Civil War has been one of attrition, in which the precision of the Empire's war efforts are tested by the mewling amateurism of zealots and malcontents. Up 'til now, their childish violence has tested our resolve. It has tested the resolve of those we seek to protect, tested the resolve of all those who wish for peace and unity in this galaxy."
>"Now, in the wake of our great victory at Hoth, we have validation that our faith was not unfounded, that our resolve was not weakened by the various and sundry deprivations heaped on it by our cowardly opponent. No more need we countenance even the merest doubt-- not when their backs are to us, not when their strongholds fall one by one, not when we have once more united our efforts into the great clenched fist of the Emperor himself."
>"I command the finest vessels available, girded with the most devastating weaponry capable of being produced; and yet those technologies are nothing next to the brave and resilient soldiers who are tasked to wield them."
>"I bid you to go forth, now, with a fire in your stomach and steely purpose in your actions. I bid you to go forth, now, under the able commands of your superiors. I bid you to go forth, now, and crush the stem, the root, the very craven flower of the Rebellion so that this galaxy may once more be at peace!"
>>
>>47662509

This is... surprisingly good. I'm gonna tweak it for my campaign. Need it for Grand Moff Dargon nuking the planet Froz
>>
>>47661982
>>47660656

Would you feel that this would fare better?

299 points

Pilots
------

Prince Xizor (37)
StarViper (31), Attanni Mindlink (1), Virago (1), Autothrusters (2), Fire-Control System (2)

IG88-B (50)
Aggressor (36), Attanni Mindlink (1), Sensor Jammer (4), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2)

IG88-C (50)
Aggressor (36), Attanni Mindlink (1), Sensor Jammer (4), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2)

Contracted Scout (33) x 2
JumpMaster 5000 (25), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Extra Munitions (2), R4 Agromech (2), Deadeye (1), Guidance Chips (0)

Binayre Pirate (16) x 6
Z-95 Headhunter (12), Concussion Missiles (4), Guidance Chips (0)
>>
>>47662509
Hey, im the guy who requested it, and man, I am word for word stealing it.

That is fucking awesome!
>>
>>47662847
Yeah, I'd say that's pretty good.
>>
>>47662297
Those ships might finally get me into armada. I hope they don't suck.
>>
>>47663027
I was trying to get an X-23 Thread Tracer carrier in there for an alpha strike with the Z's but I guess they'll just have to target lock like everyone else.
>>
>>47662847
not any of them but it does look plenty better than the other list!

that 6 Pirate squad with concussion missile will melt any low agi ship and give you a sweet edge from the start
>>
>>47653288
>A-Wings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VicZXAcs1Jk
>>
>>47663340
What would the ideal number of ships be running epic Scum? Shame Scum doesn't have an epic ship that's too fun not to run and eat up a decent chunk of points.
>>
>>47663517
That depends entirely upon how you want to build them. Scum definitely need a huge ship, and it feels like one's in the works... The designers have made it public for quite awhile that they know the Scyk needs serious help, but there's been nothing happening on that front. I feel like we're going to see an announcement *soon* for a Scum huge with a repaint Scyk and a Scyk fix of some kind.

In the meantime... All 4 IG-88s together are effectively a 200pt (+/-) Epic ship for Scum. But you can also do well with Scum in Epic simply by taking all the main bounty hunters. Dengar, Bossk, Boba Fett, Zuckus, and a pair of IGs, can easily be made into a solid Epic list that performs surprisingly well for being a bunch of big named ships. Extra space can be filled with ordnance Zs or Khyraxxz.
>>
>>47662963

Guy who wrote it, here. It is REALLY annoying me that I got the grammar wrong; it should be "the precision of the Empire's war efforts IS test". Precision is tested, not the war efforts. I'm an English professor, I should know better.
>>
Something you all should appreciate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0vfeXQlURU
>>
>>47663731
I already got the few grammar mistake I noticed (optician... I dont think that one has a bearing on spelling) but its great dude, you should be proud of the peach you just crafted.
>>
File: strange eons stuff part 2.jpg (554 KB, 1655x1800) Image search: [Google]
strange eons stuff part 2.jpg
554 KB, 1655x1800
Day 2 of my continuing descent into X-Wing related madness thanks to the program Strange Eons.

Can you spot the upgrade that is completely insane?
>>
>>47663517
It depends.. i always start by getting 12 naked Z-95 OR 6 TLT y-wings, which both account for the half of the force in a 300 points game.

If i go the 12 Z-95 route i get 150 points worth of fucking brutes (most of the time you have enough to field 3 of them) like either Triple brobots (rarely) or most likely a compilation of Xizor / Dengar + Kath + Boosk of other big names.

If i go the 6 TLT unhinged route, the other half is also composed of middle class ship like triple contracted scout PS3 + 1-2 trandoshan or Misthunters + khirax or a mix of that.

I tried full aces (4 brobots symmetrical + a buffed Moralo Eval and Bossk) but it only worked vs other full aces.
When people bring 12 TIE fighters + 10 Fo @300 points.. you always have something that end up within the arc of 10 to 18 ship... and no matter how elite you are you just melt.
>>
>>47664044
I want those advanced concussion missles to be real
>>
>>47662297
The fucked up scale of both of those ships really annoy me.
Liberty should be two times longer than Interdictor.
>>
>>47664193
I had Boba Fett square off against three Advanced Targeting Computer named Tie Advanced pilots (Juno, Colzert, Alozen), and ended up right in front of all 3 of them in an Epic game. He came out surprisngly alright thanks to rerolling everything, and shot down Juno.
>>
>>47664242
Liberty is 20 times longer and wider than the Interdictor! after the Death Star fires.
>>
>>47664204

I want Jaxxon to be real.

But I'm a lunatic like that.
>>
>>47664312
He would be great too but I just want some cross board deadeye sniping
>>
>>47664257
of course, but most other scum ace don't have that kind of survivability.

But yes, Boba Fett is pure gold in epic
>>
>>47664379
Dengar did. His ability made it very likely for opponents to target something else entirely. Eat a second shot from a 3 attack primary (or Deadeye Torp), or just shiot Bossk...

The YV-666 was what went down the hardest, though. Next time I'm going to give it the Gonk. Although Bossk technically didn't die, as I paid for the Hound's Tooth title and he continued on in his Nashtah's Pup.
>>
>>47664349

Oh yeah, I forgot about dead-eye. I was wondering if I'd overpriced them at 5, but with that in mind I've probably called it about right.
>>
>>47664279
Har Har.
Imperial humor at its finest.
>>
File: Obi-Wan-Kenobi--Front-Face.jpg (24 KB, 242x372) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan-Kenobi--Front-Face.jpg
24 KB, 242x372
>>47664044
You need to work on your card wording. I can feel the amateur. When creating an ability try and find similar wording on pre-existing cards and copy it.

For example:
>Jaxxon
>After you perform an attack that hits, you may immediately perform a second attack against the same target. If you do so, deal 1 faceup damage card to yourself.
(Although honestly I feel like this ability would be better if it read: "If you do so, suffer 1 <CRITICAL> damage.")

Your T-Wing's are overcoster by about three points each. You've basically created the new Scyk.

Adv. Concussion Missiles does not make sense (how do you measure arc beyond the length of the range ruler? Guess? Ask that guy playing epic if you can borrow his for a second?)

The other Heavy Missiles from the last thread, the one that dealth faceup damage cards to large-base ships, was better.

Advanced Scanners should read: "When you perform a Target Lock action you may assign your blue Target Lock token to another friendly ship within Range 1-3."

There's no 'O' in Maneuver.

Always love seeing these but it's once in a freaking blue moon that a card comes along which has some sense of balance to it. I think Pic Related is the best one I've ever seen - a one shot 'accuracy corrector' for your agility roll which is totally thematic.
>>
>>47664656
There is actually an "o" in the spelling of maneuver. Queen's English spelling for numerous words are different than American English. I'm not going to get into the hate war nonsense of who's more of a pretentious ass by insisting theirs is the correct way, but maneuver is a word that has two spellings:
-maneuver
And
-manoeuver

There is also other examples like Armor and Armour, or Color and Colour.
>>
>>47664880
Yes, but in the specific context of X-Wing, the spelling "Maneuver" is the one used in the game rules. Thus, by insisting on using your spelling, you're the pretentious ass in this scenario.
>>
>>47664949
First, I'm not the one who made those cards. So no, I'm not a pretentious ass in that regard. Second, FFG has it's HQ based in the US, and if not then the X-Wing development team most certainly is. So of course "maneuver" will use the US spelling. Anyone remotely familiar with 40k knows that the entire game uses British spelling for everything. And third, spell-check software and auto-correct tend to favor whichever country it was purchased in... Which is why its not recommended to get bent out of shape when custom cards/rules/scenarios use different spelling or grammar.
>>
>Millennium Falcon and T-70 re-release, not even getting all brand new pilots
>Tie that looks exactly like a first order tie but is somehow dramatically different stat-wise and doesn't play to the swarm theme at all
>More Rebels cartoony shit
>Breaking their promise and adding prequel stuff now, starting with the retarded arc-170

And I thought Armada had it bad with a wave of nothing but stupidly small ships that make you wonder what they're even doing there.
>>
>>47665297
(you)
>>
File: Sensor-Pod-Front-Face.jpg (23 KB, 242x372) Image search: [Google]
Sensor-Pod-Front-Face.jpg
23 KB, 242x372
>>47664656

Not that guy, but what do you think of this concept?
>>
>>47665297
(You)
>>
>>47664656
>When creating an ability try and find similar wording on pre-existing cards and copy it.

I usually do, but it was getting late, so I just went with that.
>>
>>47665518
Fuck mate, unless that pod is huge this is in no way worth it. and even then. 2 points for a target lock you wont be able to use that turn since they are behind you? nooo thank you.

It even eats a sensor slot and costs points? Try again anon.
>>
>>47664656
>Adv. Concussion Missiles does not make sense (how do you measure arc beyond the length of the range ruler? Guess? Ask that guy playing epic if you can borrow his for a second?)

Use the other players range ruler above yours I'd imagine.

> I feel like this ability would be better if it read: "If you do so, suffer 1 <CRITICAL> damage.

That can be tanked by the shields though. That would make that card fucking ridiculous because you could dump it on Zuckuss with a Fire Con and vomit out 6 or so 5 dice attacks on something in close range with reasonble reliability.

At least when your dealing face-up damage there's a good chance you'll find a blinded pilot or something that will stop the chain, and means that even bigger heavier ships that can tank the hits are going to worry about overuse.
>>
>>47662297
>finally an Interdictor
>"FUCK YES, TIME FOR...
>14 upgrades
>13 of them at least partially readable in reveal
>none of them are Best Captain
Why must you toy with me in this way, ffg?
>>
>>47665721
th-there's still some flipped down cards anon! Your waifu isn't totally out of it just yet!
>>
>>47665721

Just custom build your waifu card
>>
>>47662283
I feel like the interdictor is going to be crazy if it can equip 2 of those 4 grav well cards it comes with. We don't know what it's upgrade bar is like and if it can use 2 of those at a time, it'll be massive.
>>
>>47665312
>>47665591
Was anything I said wrong? Wave 9 just looks disappointing, that's all. Only one of 4 ships was something anyone was really asking for.
>>
>>47665737
Two.
There are two flipped down cards, and one is a Ship card, so that ain't her.
It DOES look like the only facedown upgrade might be an Officer, but I doubt it'll be her.
I'm used to it.
Even when her ship shows up in later EU material, there's no mention of her.
>>
>>47662509
would crush the rebellion and overthrow Palpatine for/10

Feel free to post more, it will be reused on every holoscreen in my campaign.
>>
>>47665297
Glad you are now finally out of the hobby mate
>>
>>47665297
>New upgrades and pilots to refresh a ship showing its age and more upgrades and pilots for the game's namesake.
>Finally a real scum interceptor, Scumter Fel, based mandos
>Another ship that makes tractor tokens relevant, mobile arcs what turrets should have always been, more fucking amazing scum crew options
>More military surplus pressed into service by the rebellion, like the Z-95 and Y-Wing, astromech and crew combinations, dual arc small ship

I'll grant you the SF, not terribly thrilled about it myself, but wave 9 is looking good.
>>
>>47665905

Gimme topics and tones and I will gladly write propoganda and speeches.

To be fair, I write a monthly Holonet news report for my own campaign that has embedded plot hooks.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>47656815

>>Kyle Katarn, you will not be forgotten.
>>
>>47666135
>upgrades and pilots for the game's namesake
But that would be a lie. They're giving the fucking T-70 even MORE goodies (Because Poe REALLY needed to be PS9 for some unfathomable reason), and leaving the T-65 (which is showing it's age FAR more than the YT-1300) to lag even further behind.
>>
>>47664656
>Adv. Concussion Missiles does not make sense (how do you measure arc beyond the length of the range ruler? Guess? Ask that guy playing epic if you can borrow his for a second?)
laser lines are a thing
>>
>>47653412
>complaing about Battlefront
>>
>>47666158
Hey, its the first guy again that you wrote the speech for the post Hoth game. I dont want to hog your skills, however, how would you feel about a Stormtrooper Lieutenant colonel giving a mission briefing to around 36 troopers?

Its more casual than the admiral, obviously, but is by the book. He knows everyone in his audience personally, and isnt in the presence of a superior officer.

The main points of the briefing are...
>Planet is dangerous as hell. Wild beasts, no long range comms, even a unique breed of gundark that lives in the underground caves, and thats all if there AREN'T rebels here.
>Comms will be down because this regiment is deploying close to the northern pole, and its unusually high electromagnetism make anything besides internal comms between ground units unreliable, and sometimes impossible.
>You have 3 days to return to the drop sight, because we wont be able to find you unless you are there, on account of no comms.

I know its a totally different mood to the last one, but maybe you will enjoy the diversity? This one im way more confident in doing myself, so no pressure, but im really curious as to what you would churn out.
>>
>>47665518
I generally dislike homebrewed cards that add new tokens to be quite honest, although I will give you that the mission tokens that look like sensors from Imperial Vets might make this viable. They even have rear guides!

Oh hey what about this:
>Sensor Pod
>When you reveal your maneuver dial, you may discard this card to drop 1 sensor pod token.
>At the start of the combat phase any friendly ship within Range 1-2 of the sensor pod token may acquire a target lock on any enemy ship within Range 1 of the sensor pod token. Then discard that token.
>2 points
>Bomb
>>
Would this be a legal move?
>Have a ship equipped with PTL
>Evade action
>Use PTL to take focus
>Another ship has crew slot with Jan Ors
>Take second evade token instead of focus token
>>
>>47666269
>>47666269
>(Because Poe REALLY needed to be PS9 for some unfathomable reason)

It only need this because Fel is 5 points undercosted, and they cannot take the Fel card they sold for now 3 years.

Tell me THIS is not PS9 faggot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHpDvDJb-f0
What are Fel feats again ? couple pages in a 20 years old comics ? kek.
>>
>>47664880
You know what, I actually had no idea that British English had an 'o' in maneuver. Thanks.
>>47666289
Unless FFG starts packing laser lines in their boxes that's a no from me. Requiring components not included with the card is poor game design.
>>47665707
I mostly meant it would read better, rather than work better (although my version does work REALLY WELL if you're the Scum player).
>>
I can think of two reasons why he wasn't PS9 from the beginning:
They didn't want a PS9 in the starter set.
Making him PS9 would have spoiled too much.
>>
>>47666455
That was for>>47666419
>>
>>47666442
Fair enough. I had one that I used for other table top games
>>
>>47666418
Yes, it's legal.
Because if I recall correctly you're not taking two evade actions. You're taking an evade action, and you're taking a focus action that due to Jan Ors ability makes your focus token into an evade token as it's being assigned to you.
>>
>>47664656
Oh shit I love that concept. That card art is fucking sweet too. I'm a huge Alec Guiness fan.
>>
File: Shara_and_Kes_go_home.png (2 MB, 1788x779) Image search: [Google]
Shara_and_Kes_go_home.png
2 MB, 1788x779
>>47666419
>Tell me THIS is not PS9 friend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHpDvDJb-f0

When I saw this clip depicting what I assumed had to be some type of extra sensory awareness, and read that Shara Bey comic where she gets that special Jedi temple shrub thing, I assumed it meant Poe was force sensitive.

Anyone else think Poe had to be force sensitive based on his exploits, and the way the comic ended with what seemed obvious "this kid will be the future of the Jedi order" symbolism?
>>
>>47663725
>>47664193

Would you consider the previous list or this one to be more killy?

299 points

Pilots
------

IG88-B (47)
Aggressor (36), Adaptability (0), Fire-Control System (2), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2)

IG88-C (47)
Aggressor (36), Adaptability (0), Fire-Control System (2), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2)

Bossk (51)
YV-666 (35), Marksmanship (3), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), XX-23 S-thread Tracers (1), K4 Security Droid (3), 4-LOM (1), Zuckuss (1), Guidance Chips (0)

Dengar (58)
JumpMaster 5000 (33), Deadeye (1), Ion Torpedoes (5), Extra Munitions (2), Recon Specialist (3), R4 Agromech (2), Punishing One (12), Guidance Chips (0)

Binayre Pirate (16) x 6
Z-95 Headhunter (12), Concussion Missiles (4), Guidance Chips (0)
>>
File: 2016-06-07_235141.png (25 KB, 693x415) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-07_235141.png
25 KB, 693x415
>>47666702
this one is more killy but to do it extra killy i would do something like this :
keeping the whole list the same more or less, Zuckuss and Wired have great interaction.

you can remove some Z-95 to use the points as missiles for other Z-95 if you want.

You'll have a very strong 2 turn to wipe anythig in front of you with Glittersim + Crackshot in the next turn
>>
>>47666533
In that case, I have a replacement for what was once my competitive list (although I don't plan on using this in tournaments any time soon):
>Poe Dameron
>>Veteran Instincts
>>R5-P9
>>Autothrusters
>Corran Horn
>>Push the Limit
>>BB-8
>>Fire Control System
>Roark Garnet
>>Jan Ors (Crew)
>>
>>47666323

>"Evening gents, let's go over mission parameters so you all can get back to grab ass. First up, congratulations to Sgt. Lhanks for correctly guessing that our op would be cold-weather. Second up, Sgt. Lhanks I'm going to expect the entire pool of credits delivered to my office before lights-out since betting is against regimental standards."
>"Enough with the foreplay; this is textbook recon on a Class-A hostile world. Squad leaders, you'll find ecological details in your dossier-- pay special attention to the subterranean gundark as the geeks think we'll be dirtside and in their turf during prime mating season."
>"Deployment will be near the north pole, exact coordinates in your dossiers. You've got three days to get from infil to exfil. Electromagnetic activity in our deployment region means we're at no-comms-- Brahk, you shut your mouth when I'm talking or I'll have you squirming through those gundark nests bare as the day you were born and singing the regimental fight song!"
>"Rules of engagement are discretionary. We're here to identify possible pockets of resistance for later strikes, but if the opportunity arises you let 'em have it."
>"We'll do a final equipment check tomorrow at oh-nine-hundred hours and see if internal comms will be effected by the planet's electromagnetism. Plan for the worst, boys, because even if this isn't the sorriest rock I've seen in my career I'm sure as hell not buying a timeshare there."
>"Any questions? Good, squad leaders will break down specific operational obligations. 'Tention! Fall out!"
>"Lahnk! Not so fast..."
>>
>>47666971
How do Zuckuss and Wired work well together? Don't they occur in different Modify Dice steps? Or is it for the next turn?
>>
Anyone remember which book has stats for droidekas and commando droids? I know they're somewhere, I used the droideka stats against my players in a session several months ago, but I can't seem to find them now.
>>
>>47667297
Never mind, found them. Chronicles of the Gatekeeper.
>>
>>47667217
yeah, if you use zuckuss on 4 dice, you got at least four turn of wired.
>>
>>47667480
Ah, makes sense then.
Which would you say is better, more Z's or missile Z's?
>>
>>47667640
In Epic, Missile Zs. Ordnance has always been useful in Epic games, especially with gigantic ships that have no agility lumbering about... But now it's amazing, thanks to Guidance Chimps. If you have the points, take some missiles and/or torps, even if it's just one-shotters on some X-Wings.
>>
>>47667680
Good, I was afraid that my inability to get away from throwing 6 Z's with Chips and Conc. Missiles into each iteration of the list was an irrational hang up. Good to know it just makes sense.
>>
>>47667955
Just remember thar Reinforce and Recover can be a bitch. Recover, because if you sling off a missile/torp here or there, don't be surprised when the shields you dented go back to full strength (at the massive cost of energy). And Reinforce, because it gives that section of the huge ship an automatic Evade result against every attack that turn. So you've got to either overpower the shields all at once in one big salvo, or blast the fuck out of the huge's not-reinforced section. That said, even a Reinforcrd Raider has problems shrugging off a volley of Guidance Chipped Proton Torps (or Concussion Missiles) from 4 ships.
>>
>>47668325
That's the idea, shoot them all at once and hopefully cave-in whichever side of a Corvette/Raider is facing the Z's.
>>
File: Splinter_of_the_Minds_Eye.png (2 MB, 700x1048) Image search: [Google]
Splinter_of_the_Minds_Eye.png
2 MB, 700x1048
Splinter of the Mind's Eye is weird in retrospect. Published in 1978, it is the first non-movie Star Wars novel, and written as a kind of low-budget sequel in case the movie didn't do well. As such, a lot of the book features a growing romance between Luke & Leia that would get super awkward when Return of the Jedi came out five years later.

On its own, its a small side story about Luke & Leia crashing on a swamp planet and dealing with local miners, Imperials, and going on a treasure hunt for an ancient Force artifact for a half-crazy old lady in order for her to help them get off planet. Then Darth Vader shows up. That's about it for the plot. Which kind of works in its favor.

The book moves fast and Foster does a great job making Mimban a really cool place for crazy pulp adventures. Natural hazards, monsters, fuzzy tribal natives that they befriend but are way more intimidating than Ewoks. The new characters are few but solid. Old lady Halla is a low level Force-sensitive obsessed with finding the Kaiburr Crystal, which is supposed to amplify Force abilities like healing. The two hungover Yuzzem, Hin and Kee, are budget wookiees, but they're hungover teenage budget wookiees. Captain-Supervisor Grammel is an asshole who starts out being smugly in control of his small pond and then begins losing his cool as things progress against him until a cranky Vader has enough of his sniveling and cuts him in half
>>
>>47668665
>cont

Pacing and action are both handled well, with considerably more violence than mid-90s EU works. Luke cuts off a LOT of hands (including Vader's). The Yuzzem dismember several stormtroopers. Grammel gets fucking cut in half. Leia picks up a lightsaber for the first time and she continues to damn good shot. Halla is the first non-movie Force Sensitive in the novels (There was a literally crazy old man in the Marvel comic a year before named Don-Wah Kihotay who was an obvious Quixote reference). This is the first time the E-11 Blaster Rifle is named such. The Kaiburr Crystal is the first artifact full of Bullshit Force Magic. This is the first time Luke crashes an X-Wing in a swamp.

Bad stuff: The droids are an afterthought that frequently get forgotten about. Luke & Leia grab the idiot ball a couple times to advance the plot (play-wrestling like children in the street while trying to avoid attention, then drawing attention and getting in a street fight so they can get arrested being the worst moment). The book opens with Leia's Y-Wing experiencing mechanical failure and crashing on Mimban. The final fight with Vader is good, up until he's on his way to finish off Luke and staggers into a bottomless pit. Luke & Leia's dialogue is often stilted and stiff. Luke is healed from what is described as death, but they don't even try the crystal on the recently dead Yuzzem who were nothing but bros to them.

Overall the good outweighs the bad if you're interested in a fast, pulpy side story with lots of RPG ideas and accidental twincest. Its also a really interesting curiosity from the dawn of the franchise.
>>
>>47663725
>the Scyk needs serious help, but there's been nothing happening on that front
It's called the Protectorate Starfighter.
>>
>>47664044
> Heavy Missiles
"Fuck You and Your Decimator: The Upgrade"
>>
File: Jabba-the-Hutt-Front-Face.png (717 KB, 484x744) Image search: [Google]
Jabba-the-Hutt-Front-Face.png
717 KB, 484x744
As long as we're posting custom cards, what do you think of my Jabba?
>>
Okay, so I don't know if this is the right place for it, but I am looking for some help with Force and Destiny and I was wondering if anyone here has played it before and would help me out a bit.
>>
>>47669304

We're on /tg/ and in a Star Wars thread, this is the right place.

What's up.
>>
>>47667034
UpbeatWarMovie/10
>>
>>47668682
HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT.
I saw this as a kid and think about it so fucking often but I have NEVER remembered the name for it. Thank you. I feel like I just found a puzzle piece of my life.
Also, the movie sucked. Even as a kid, I hated it.
>>
>>47669318
I was in my local comic/tabeltop shop looking for D&D things and I stumbled across the beginner pack for it which was $30, so I bought it, and it seems really complicated. What I've gathered by reading through it is that it's similar to D&D but the dice are unique and whenever you make a roll you need to also roll the negative dice, right?
>>
>>47669398
Not a movie. A novel and then Dark Horse adapted it as a comic in the 90s.
>>
>>47669405

Yeah, the beginner game should walk you through pretty well.

I guess it's similar to D&D, I don't know what edition you're familiar with, but yes, to perform a check to assemble your pool of dice based on your stats and skills and vs the difficulty pool associated with the check. Talents and other conditions modify it either way.

Generally, I think this is better than D&D or a lot of games because rarely do you get a straight success or failure, but rather you often succeed but with some threat or advantage, or fail with some threat or advantage which pushes the story. The game also cares way less about specific ranges and placement than other games.
>>
>>47669069
FFG is loathe to keep ships lagging behind. They want all the ships to be playable, as has been shown with the Ace, and Veteran packs.

The Mando fighter is not the Scyk fix. It doesn't have any upgrades to benefit it, and is going to fill more of a Tie/Interceptor role.
>>
>>47670430
>FFG is loathe to keep ships lagging behind
Except the T-65, which has basically been completely cucked by the T-70.
>>
>>47670511
>cucked
There's that buzzword 4chan is ignorant of...

A lot has actually been done for the T-65. Integrated Astromech was practically a pure T-65 upgrade, as T-70s typically want Autothrusters. Guidance Chip was for anything that uses ordnance, not just U-Boat scouts. And one constant that remains is that the named pilots for the T-65 are all really good... It's the generics that are a bit too costly (mostly because of the B-Wing).
>>
>>47670430
It's not the Scyk fix, it's the Scyk replacement. There won't be a scyk fix, because the scyk has no redeeming qualities. It's fubar.
>>
>>47670511
Well, thematically it makes sense that the T-70 is a superior fighter to it's predecessor, but I feel you. The thing about X-Wings and why they're not being "fixed" like, yesterday, is because they aren't a bad ship, they're just a few points shy of worth compared to the T-70 when it comes to super-optimized competition squads. At your LGS and anything other than trying to win a tournament you can use T-65's all you want for good results. Shit I just got back from regionals as a total novice with a T70/T65/T65 squad and got 3-3 against a sea of contracted scouts and whisper-shuttles.

>le cuck meme
Speaking of things that have dragged on far too long, this needs to die already. Anytime someone uses cuck especially on a board like /tg/ I just assume you're shitposting and don't have anything of value to say.
>>
File: working as intended.png (10 KB, 528x188) Image search: [Google]
working as intended.png
10 KB, 528x188
>>47670511
>>47670665
I don't know what you're talking about, I'm not ignorant of this buzzword.
>>
File: flash.jpg (106 KB, 1920x804) Image search: [Google]
flash.jpg
106 KB, 1920x804
>>47670826
I like the cut of your jib.
>>
>>47670826
That's an excellent wordfilter. Where can I get it?
>>
>>47670888
Thank you, good sir.
>>47671138
It's one of the generic firefox ones where you can set what you want filtered and if it should update and that.
It's called FoxReplace.
>>
Lost hard at my local hobby shop tonight, got to redo my list set ups. Thankfully everyone there is super nice. Thought it'd be full of elitists.
>>
>>47660093
The issue with this is two-fold

1: Engines and frames can literally only last so long before they break down. American planes tend to have a use-life of (intended) 10,000 hours. Those two stunt planes that crashed just a little while ago? Most of our stunt plane fleet is DANGEROUSLY over-hour. No one wants to waste a perfectly good F-16 making crowds go "wow", so why not give the Blue Angels an old beat to shit one?

2: many of those planes are virtually unrecognizable compared to how they were eventually. If you took one of the new F-16s intended for Qatar (I believe they are block 50 or whatever) and compared it to the original F-16 it is practically like a whole new jet fighter ate it assumed the original F-16's form like "The Thing".

Even the B-52 is radically different from what it once was, and it will likely serve until the 2050s.

Lastly, something like a Chinook doesn't really NEED upgraded. The fact is it can carry what it needs to, and frankly that mission set isn't going to change. No one is talking about a "stealth" chinook because that is insane. The mission-set for future aviation may have exceeded the old F-16s (due to AA missile and other AA defenses, new weapons, new range requirements, etc) but the fundamental "lift heavy object at point A and fly it to point B" is likely to remain the same unless stuff gets so heavy it requires a new helicopter.

The B-17 was retired because it couldn't fulfill the growing mission sets of bombers (namely, atomic payloads and super long range). The B-52 remains in service because bombing the absolute fuck out of someone remains a valid (if rarely used) tactic. The B-1 almost replaced it due to doctrinal shifts (low altitude, high speed). The B-2 was intended to replace both as the bomber mission became more dangerous (due to Anti-air defense)... But the sheer cost of the stealth bomber combined with the peace after the fall of the Soviet Union made the whole program unsustainable politically.
>>
File: why wing.jpg (87 KB, 400x602) Image search: [Google]
why wing.jpg
87 KB, 400x602
>>47671266
I've found from talking to the folks at my LGS that there's a lot of inherent randomness to X-Wing due to it being a dice game and how maneuvers are chosen secretly. The real neckbeardy dudes don't like it and prefer games like Magic and the 40k Conquest game. I guess to play X-Wing you have to be the kind of person that can let go a little and not take it 100% seriously 100% of the time.

At Regionals due to my first games going well I later got matched up against dudes with stacks of medals and literally every gamepiece it is possible to get from a major tournament victory. They were there to win, but they were still friendly and patient with me. Against those guys I got destroyed with a capital F but they still gave me a lot of tips and learning without coming across like they were talking down to me.

Considering it's a Star Wars game about space fighter I'm also surprised how few people there are at my local store and the Regionals under the age of about 24, I was already balls deep in 40k when I was 17.
>>
>>47671266
what list did you use? And thats a mark of a good store
>>
>>47671372
The point is, generally you only upgrade to a whole new ship when one of three conditions is met:

1- an expanded mission set beyond the capability of your current frame (example, the replacement of the Y-Wing with K-Wing cuz MOAR DAKKA!!!)

2- Something is so superior and significant it justifies the cost of transitioning (ie., going from F-15 to F-22 is like going from a WW1 bi-plane to WW2 Zeros). For Star Wars, the switch from say early clone wars armor to later clone wars armor is a good example.

3- Political/Economic necessity. This is more complicated, and is often intertwined with one of the above. Sometimes spare parts simply are running low. Maybe the manufacturers are moving on to something brand new, and by cutting back on their manufacturing of spare parts it is increasing the costs of said parts. Maybe your nation is in a coalition, and thus it is better for integration purposes to replace your fighter with a multi-nation fighter (such as the Eurofighter Typhoon). Perhaps the existing fighter is major overkill for its current use, or the funds need used elsewhere (F-22s being cancelled to free up funds for MRAPs, for example). Perhaps all the tooling to make it is gone or retired after they filled the order for your plane years ago? There are a lot of reasons for this.

It's worth noting we see considerable tech and industry advance between the PT and OT, and still more between the OT and ST (VII). Sure, a lot of it is "more... and BIGGER", but that describes everything from computers to bombers to boats. Everything since WW2 has pretty much come down to "more... and BIGGER!" in some way, from CPU power and RAM to food production and ship displacement.

Rebels are stuck using old ships because poor, the Imps in the trilogy on the other hand had effectively infinite money (they built two death stars and there WASN'T a financial black hole).
>>
>>47660009
>I am not sure how I feel about the ARC-170. I don't mind it being there but I feel like it should really suck! Like it is an ancient ship and should be slow/cumbersome and have bad shields but then I don't play, so I don't know why the rules would bother me
its no older than the ywing or z95
>>
>>47670782
People said the same thing about the Tie Advanced, A-Wing, and Tie Defender. Clearly they were all replaced because of how bad they sucked.
>>
>>47671372
Maybe a better comparison would be an arc-170 - warthog comparison.
Neither got replaced because their original roles aren't as important as they once were, but it seemed a waste to let them rust off when they could still do their jobs, even if they didn't excel.
>>
File: Northrop_P-61_green_airborne.jpg (708 KB, 3144x2400) Image search: [Google]
Northrop_P-61_green_airborne.jpg
708 KB, 3144x2400
>>47672306
It always looked like a Black Widow with s-foils to me, which considering Lucas' WWII boner, makes some sense.
>>
>>47672306
The Warthog is probably more in line with the K-wing in some ways (muh brrrrrrr gun).

Really the warthog doesn't even do it's intended job as it was "supposed to" anymore. Pretty much the creation of long range sniper pods guaranteed the reign of Precision Guided Munitions (aka, bombs they can guide to within a few meters of you, aka death). The A-10 doesn't really fly low that often since they can drop PGMs from up higher. Hell the F-16 does the job MORE than A-10s do when it comes to CAS, and the A-10 is kept alive almost entirely due to politics.

It does well blowing up real-world tusken raiders in Afghanistan... But they aren't shooting back at it. We could get the same results from a P-51 mustang modified to drop Hellfire missiles (see the Super Tacano for that exact concept).

>>47672403
This is much closer to the arc-170.
Never forget that Star Wars dogfights are basically early-mid 20th century style. Up close, guns blazing, occasional missile use. George has repeatedly said the old WW2 vids were a great influence in Star Wars design, hence why virtually everything in the OT was WW surplus.

Millennium falcon quad turret? Pom-Pom anti-air guns.

Stormtrooper helmets? Designs from old German helmets.

E-11s? Modified Sterling SMGs

Rebel blaster rifles at Hoth? Modded STG rifles

Han's blaster? Modded C96 Mauser broom handle pistol.

The PT continued this, often with Naboo emulating the old Sci-fi Utopianism of the 50's (SHINEY, AND CHROME,,).

The PT clone army had a lot of Vietnam aspects in it, from the "not a helicopter" Republic gunships to the greater color customization and personalization from the clone troops in contrast to the OT "all white" Stormtroopers.
>>
File: Imperial Duty.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Duty.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47662378
Is this what you're looking for?
>>
Local tourny coming up soon was thinking of taking this list and was wondering what others through of it.

Omega leader + coms + juke

inquisitor + ptl + AT + title

Patrol leader + Darth vader
>>
>>47671372
>Engines and frames can literally only last so long before they break down.
That's not really a thing in star wars, though. In terms of long-term durability, star wars craft are more like a pistol or rifle than even a car, let alone a plane
>>
>>47672545
>>47672403
>>47672306
>>47671671
>>47671372

A foil to what I've said above in several (long winded) posts is that it is entirely possible to design something so F'ing good at its job that it remains competitive DESPITE its age.

The F-35 and F-22 will likely serve until 2050 (maybe less for the F-22 accounting for time served and lack of new frames as existing frames crash or are damaged). Same with the B-2. Even the new B-21 bomber is basically the B-2 while taking advantage of newer tech, and making it a bit more modest in size. Frankly the F-16 reaches the mark too- we didn't NEED anything newer than the F-14,F-15, F-16, and F-18 for a long time. The Joint Task Fighter project would likely have not been as ambitious if it wasn't for a perception that Russia and China were trying to "catch up". Even now, a brand new F-16 would likely remain a significant threat to Chinese or Russian jets, despite it coming out decades ago. The B-2 remains the worlds ONLY stealth bomber, despite being in service for about 20 some years. It is entirely likely that we will continue to see it used for a long time because it is good at its job (evading AA systems).

In Star Wars the Empire spit out the TIE interceptor, not because TIE fighters were bad at their job, but because they needed a new ship to counter rebel lightning strikes and hit-and-runs. A squad of normal TIE fighters supported by a Gozanti or other cruiser is enough to make most smugglers tuck tail and run. Same with pirates. An acclimator or victory-class loaded with generic TIEs will cause entire pirate cells to flee. BUT that's what the Empire had to deal with later on.

I wish we new more about the T-70 and T-80 X-wings to see what is difference, same with TIE F/Os and TIE S/Fs. Like the ICC book is nice, but we need more technical and gritty details to fully appreciate it all.
>>
>>47672545
>hence why virtually everything in the OT was WW surplus.

There's also the budget thing.
>>
>>47672745
Except we know that they need a lot of maintenance for some ships.

We know thats why Rebel Alliance Y-Wings are missing panels compared to Clone Y-Wings, because the Rebels apparently have to work on them a lot.

We know that the Victory Class SD requires a shit ton of maintenance.

They may have extreme tolerances due to advanced material science, but they still do require maintenance. We see that the Millennium Falcon is finicky as shit in ESB and we see Han and Chewie frantically scrambling.
>>
>>47672786
This is also true.

Lee Enfields are cheap, all that good stuff
>>
>>47672791
They need maintenance, but they don't WEAR OUT, it seems. So I guess there's a lot of calibrating and bolt-tightening and wire-fixing and minor parts needing replacing, but the basic spaceframes are stupidly durable
>>
>>47672845
I suppose we will have to wait and see if we find examples of that in the future,

I imagine droid labor has a lot to do with this, since you can work those bots all day keeping a ship just perfect and in great condition.

Imagine, a ship where all the maintenance boys and engineers actually knew wtf they were doing and how to do it without screwing up, every time.

Somewhere a navy captain just orgasmed.
>>
>>47672749
>Implying the F-35 will ever be finished
>>
>>47673032
It's actually pretty much on schedule when compared to other planes in development.

Keep in mind that by this time in development, the F-16 was regarded as the worlds most elaborate Lawn Dart due to several crashes.

The F-35 has had problems, but the critical ones have been overwhelmingly fixed. From here on out it's primarily software compatibility stuff, which isn't the hardest to fix, just time consuming to code, run, debug, run again, debug, run again.

Honestly, it's not in a bad place considering what it is trying to accomplish.
>>
>>47672935
And then somethign goes wrong with droid maintenance droids, and you get a cascading error.
>>
>>47669263
I don't hate it, but it's an awful big cost for a pretty normal ability.
>>
What thing are y'all using to make these custom cards?
>>
>>47669263
so you pay 6 points and 2 crew for a second glitterstim ?

It should flip every friendly illicit upgrade in range 1 or every turn 2 illicit cards too be worth 6.
Palpatine makes 1 blanck into crit each turn for the whole fucking hour the game is played.. for only 2 points more
>>
>>47673598
You pay 6 pts to make any illicit reusable on an action. Rechargeable glitterstims. Repairable black market cloaking devices. Extra rounds of fire for hotshot blasters. Toss him on a YV with an Experimental Interface, and I'd get a lot of use out of that! And
>>
>>47673598
>>47669263
How about make him like 10 points and have function like "At the start of the first round, select 1 friendly ship. When that ship is instructed to discard an [illicit] upgrade card, instead flip that card face up."
Jaba's deal is that he's a connected player and rich as fuck.
>>
>>47673707
I'd honestly rather have the Action: Flip an Illicit faceup.
>>
>>47673757
Ooh, I think I like that more.
>>
Anyone thinking the T-65 is dead in the water and has been replaced, needs to look at Utah's regionals. Biggs, Wes Janson, and Corran took first place. That's three ships, two of the "worst" in the game (admittedly the E-Wing's only worthwhile pilot), and it took down the torp-spam triple U-boats.
>>
File: q742A.jpg (31 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
q742A.jpg
31 KB, 540x304
>>47673786
>Corran w/ VI, R2D2, FCS
>Wes w/ VI, R3-2A, IA
>Bigs w/ R4-D6, IA

Damn, son. Rogue Leader fucking approves. That's a formidable squad that also tailors nicely to kill jumpmasters and aces. His positioning must be on point.
>>
>>47673893
I didn't even realize but Wes is really good at taking care of ordnance carriers considering how he gets to strip them of their ordnance activators. wonder how frustrated the devs were waiting for someone to realize that.
>>
Is there any precedent for pilot cards adding non-EPT slots to a ship?
>>
>>47674532
Outer Rim Smuggler doesn't have the missile slot that all the named pilots of the YT-1300 have. At the same time, it has some other reduced stats- it's a design choice that happened back in wave 2 when the developers were just sort of figuring out how the game worked. I doubt they'll do it again.
>>
>>47674615
Ah, OK. What I had in mind was a rebel "privateer pilot" card that had a worse PS for the price but had an illicit slot.
Think that'd be reasonable?
>>
>>47673961

Well considering it's taken them 5 years to make ordinance worth a fucking damn, probably not THAT long?
>>
>>47673893
Still waiting for my Bacta War Rogues pack with X-Wing piloting Corran and Tycho.
>>
>>47672623
Looks good enough at first glance. I love having gunner with my decivader, but 5 points is hard to find.

For the price of the decimator you could instead take a shuttle with vader (DOOM SHUTTLE) and fit in a named tie like Wampa or Dark Curse and slap a proton rocket on the Inquisitor.
>>
>>47667034
OR here, and while that wasent exactly what I was looking for, that is god damn comfy. I might just have to change around the character some.
>>
>>47672623
The List I run is very similar. Instead of the Devastator, I have Vessery with VI, and HLC
>>
>>47673392
StrangeEons is the name of the software. Once installed you download the x-wing mod kit in-program. Have fun!
>>
>>47676682

Glad to be of service. I love this kind of thing.
>>
>>47667034
>>47676682
>pay special attention to the subterranean gundark as the geeks think we'll be dirtside and in their turf during prime mating season.
> The males WILL think you're after their girl, they WILL attack you over it, and in Corporal Pank's case, they WILL be correct.
>>
>>47674939
The illicit slot is typically worth about a point or so. Which is why you see scum generics of common cross-faction ships ending up at the same cost but having 1 less PS and an Illicit. Examples being the HWK, and Z-95.

So, a generic rebel pilot with an illicit *should* cost either 1pt more than usual, or be 1 PS lower. A key thing to remember however is that from a design perspective, the illicit slot is primarily a Scum faction upgrade. Much like how the Astromech slot is Rebel, and Salvaged Astromech is Scum. So from a balance perspective, it might not be a great idea to have something like PS 1 B-Wings flying around with Feedback Arrays, or an A-Wing witha Cloaking Device.
>>
>>47673961
Wes is a really good X-Wing. Easily up there with Wedge, and beyond Luke. The fact his ability kicks off after shooting regardless of whether or not he hits, makes him amazing for setting up combos or ruining opposing token-dependant ships.

That guy had the right idea. Maneuver and fire at PS 10 with Wes. Shoot an ace/u-boat, and force them to use or lose any token. Then take a stress with R3 to give them a stress, killing the use of advanced cloaking device, Whisper, Valen Rudor, and any other shooting phase actions.

Corran of course is a potent hit-n-run E-Wing with great burst potential. And Biggs with R4-D6 is super obnoxious and ensures that he can suffer at the most 2 hits any given attack (crits not included), ruining shit like Heavy Laser Cannon equipped Brobots.
>>
Veteran Instincts was a mistake.
>>
>>47678084
You're a mistake!

Elusiveness, and Expert Handling causing stress... THOSE were mistakes.
>>
>>47666263
>the settlers of katarn
>>
>>47664242
B-b-b-but Armada isnt intended to be true-scaled... so they can fit all the ships we want onto the board/play space.
>>
>>47678116
>>47678084
>>47678116>>47678084I really wish FFG would release a pack of revised cards, pilot and upgrade. It'd heal the meta better than a bunch of titles.
>>
File: EBQa9kr.gif (24 KB, 483x686) Image search: [Google]
EBQa9kr.gif
24 KB, 483x686
I want one of you to try this and show us how it goes.
>>
>>47678634
The meta is in a great place right now. We're seeing amazing diversity between winning lists for regional and store championships, than we've ever seen before! The meta's not being dominated by one specific "optimized" build, or even just 1 from each faction. But rather we're seeing an assortment of lists making it into the top 8s, with a wide variety of ships and pilots. Even the most common build archetype for Empire, the "PalpAces", has only a shuttle carrying Sherv as a common element. The aces used, and even the shuttle loadout and pilot, are such a crapshoot that it's impossible to predict whether or not the list will have Vader, Soontir Fel, Whisper, Omega Leader, Wampa, The Inquisitor, Valen Rudor, Carnor Jax, Howlrunner, or even Colzert. The only constant about that list, is you aren't likely to see a Punisher, Bomber, or Firespray. And even the bomber and defender are likely to show up once Vets are released.

No, the Meta is in a fan fucking tastic place right now. Even te most maligned ship in the entire game, the Scyk, is having some success thanks to Atanni Mindlink.
>>
>>47678996
Absolutely correct. The game is in the best state it's been in for a while.
>>
Hi. my friend told me to come here if I needed help making characters. i'm brand new to star wars and role playing and i'm supposed to start in a game this weekend. he handed me the star wars age of rebellion rule book and im lost. i want to make a badass first person shooter style character or an sas operative. someone who can go in and kick ass while explosions go off in the background.
>>
>>47679379
You came to the right place, even if it's really slow ATM. It's good that you have a concept of the kind of character you want to play.

Here's some questions:

Preference for species?

Are you allowed to use the EotE book as well?
>>
>>47680124
I was going to just play human but i'm good for anything. i got the books from the first post so i have them all now. he said yeah just make what you want.
>>
>>47680296
How much XP are you starting with?

You could just make a Soldier with a Commando Specialization from the AoR book or a Hired Gun with the Marauder or Mercenary Soldier Specializations from the EotE book.
>>
so I played a game last night against a phantom that could decloak at the start of activation using bank 2, preform maneuvers/actions as regular, then shoot and recloak.

I dunno, maybe I'm too new still, but that seems like a LOT of things in one round of play. Was the phantom fielder doing things correctly and I need to just dealwithit.jpg, or were there some inappropriate procedures going down?
>>
>>47680124
he said we're starting with normal and after creation 100 xp, that should bring me up to everyone elses level
>>
>>47680911
Read through the rules and make sure you understand them. Then read through the Talent trees of the classes I recommended and see which one you liked.
>>
>>47680941
I guess if I could combine the mercenary soldier and commando that would be cool, someone that can shoot a gun and still not be useless in close combat. he says i get starting cash of 10000 credits
>>
>>47681295
You have enough experience to buy into a second specialty if you want.
>>
>>47680855
That would be "Echo" with an Advanced Cloaking Device. It's nasty to be sure, but you are spending 34pts just for the pilot and ACD, before any other upgrades.

PS9 will ensure you get some shots off before he can cloak again. Or you could pile on stress to prevent them from being able to cloak as a free action, which could be devastating given the lack of green on the dial and fragility of the phantom when decloaked.
>>
>>47681498
yeah, I should have caught on after he stressed himself how important that was. I was running an AYYY team, so the highest PS I had was dutch vander's 6. I eventually had to just bombard him with my last two torpedoes, pushing through his frankly crazy amount of green dice.
>>
>>47681569
It should be noted that decloaking happens before dials are revealed, and you can use that to your advantage. Once a ship decloaks, it's committed to that location and it's chosen maneuver (unless it has Stay on Target or Navigator, neither are particularly solid choices for a Phantom).

Another thing to note, is Green Dice are fickle bitches. And they take as quickly as they give away. Don't be afraid to shoot at a Phantom hiding behind 4 green dice with no focus/evade. I've had Z-95s kill them despite that mountain of green.
>>
>>47681569
Green dice will fail, so you just need to throw enough red dice at him.

Predicting phantoms can be tricky, especially Echo, so be sure to cover lots of area with firing arcs and try to limit good options by blocking or using asteroids.
>>
>>47672562
Yes sir, thank you so much! you are the bomb!
>>
>>47682212
One interesting thing to note about Echo (and predicting him/her), is that Echo only ever uses 2-banks to decloak. There'a no lateral decloaking option. So it can actually work to your benefit if you kep in mind that they're going to have to adjust for a 45-degree shift in angle, either forward/back, or left/right. This mandatory angle-shifting is one of the reasons why Whisper is generally considered the "easier" Phanom to play, with Whisper's pilot ability combined with ACD being the other reason.
>>
>>47682526
Just use the augmentative armor or whatever it is from Keeping the peace.
>>
Ok /swg/, my players are heading into an ancient hutt treasure temple. What kind of insidious traps can I throw at them beyond the usual spikes/giant boulder/trip wire nonsense?
>>
File: star-wars-land-1-jpg.jpg (1 MB, 3300x1522) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-land-1-jpg.jpg
1 MB, 3300x1522
>>47683247
"deactivated" droid (with some that will of course wake up if they don't look really close and jsut assume they are all deactivated) Assasin droid could be anything from random protocol droid to astromec (look triple zero or BT-1V....) or it could be simple battle droids..

A couple of Nexu living in the temple.. very efficient if they are the "act now think later" type of player, especially if you split them by their choice/ temple composition or trap..

a dark side holocron with a form that would make them unsuspect that it is dark energy, that should not have any effect right now but can activate hallucination or things when they get back to the ship, and they would have to find what cause this type of thing. This would/should look like a trivial object so they throw specific object that appear to have force relevance but are not, and don't know it come from that holocron (think a Harry potter horcrux style holocron, basically any object)

a simple cupidity test, having some treasure really accessible with very hard consequences if they fall for it

having multiple, very difficult to acces stones/items or whatever that APPEAR important (think the red ruby in disney's Aladin) but will be garbage and worth nothing when back to a city to trade them.

That would be what i think of...boulder is a very ineficent way to kill someone, maybe a pit of death with spikes...

I should note that we only use homebrew systems so if you are using a book I don't know how it would go, but that's the main ideas
>>
>>47682437
when you pilot echo just right though its so disgusting

just... very, very intense to play,
>>
>>47683503
Yeah, can't argue there...

My favorite build with her, hilariously enough, doesn't even use Advanced Cloaking Device or Veteran Instincts. I give her Push the Limit (or Juke), Stygian Particle Accelerator, and Sensor Jammer. Turn order with PTL is to decloak, take free Evade action, Push the Limit for Focus/Lock if I think I'll get blocked, or barrel roll. Reveal green maneuver at PS 6, clear stress, and perform action, ending up (usually) with a focus and/or lock, evade token, sensor jammer for extra survivability, and no stress. Juke has also proven to be stupidly good by playing off the free evade... But it leaves her more susceptible to blocks.
>>
>>47671645
Rebel

T-70 X-Wing(Poe)
-BB-8
-Weapons Guidance
-Outmaneuver
-Proton Torpedoes
-Guidance Chip

B-Wing(Blue Squad Pilot)
-Stealth Device
-Fire Control System
-Proton Toroedoes

E-Wing(Knave Squad Pilot)
Empire

Tie Defender(Brath)
-Assault Missles
-Lone Wolf
-Guidance Chips

Tie Interceptor(Jax)
-Push the Limit
-Autothrusters

Tie Fighter/FO(Zeta Ace)
-Push the Limit
-Shield Upgrade
>>
>>47683886
Empire stuff looks alright. Rebel side could use a little work. Stealth Devices are practically worthless on anything with 1 agility, and very nearly so for 2-agility... Use them mostly for things with 3-agility. So for your B-Wing, take off the the Stealth and replace it with a Guidance Chip, and plug it's second torp slot with an Extra Munitions.

Also, Weapons Guidance tech is interesting... But a bit too expensive for letting you spend a focus to turn a blank into a hit. Plus on Poe, you don't want to spend that Focus... At least until the end phase if you have R5-P9. Removing weapons tech would let you add something else somewhere.

If you really want to add to the life expectancy of a B-Wing, the tank that it is, take the E2 mod from Rebel Aces, and load Jan Ors into it. Particularly if you're running Keyan, who won't ever need focus tokens anyways.
>>
>>47683886
Are you sure you didn't get the B and E-Wing loadout mixed up, because Stealth Device on a B-Wing seems....silly.
>>
>>47684160
No ran my E-Wing naked.
>>
Could I get some advice on starting Star Wars: Armada?
I'm going to get the core set and I'm not sure where to go from there. I've read that the core set gets really annoying after a few games and is repetitive.

Should I get:
>Core Set
>Gladiator
>Mk2 Assault Frigate
>Rebel Fighter Pack
>Imperial Fighter Pack

or

>Core Set
>2x of each Fighter Pack
>??
>>
On destiny points, I know its well within my players rights to do this but they always do it. Whenever i spend a dark side point to add tension or make a check a little more challenging, they immediately spend one in retaliation, and that's probably the only time they ever use them is when I do, even when offering them up for storyline or other purposes. How can I get them to shy away from it and start using them more often without it being after I flip one? I might flip 2 or 3 a session if its warranted but I usually don't.
>>
>>47684459
I'd go with
> Core Set
> Gladiator
> Raider
> Mk2 Assault Frigate
> Both fighter packs

At that point you've got three ships for each faction, as well as a wide variety of fighters. Should be enough for two players to have a variety of matches and decide what other ships best fit the game.
>>
>>47684468

Technically, I think there's a distinct order of operations to a check and spending Destiny points, I can't remember who is supposed to go first. If PCs have to say they're spending a point first, it would make sense so they can't flip back and forth like that.
>>
There's a store closing near me that has some X-Wing expansions marked down (Two each of the A-wing, Slave I, Millennium Falcon, and TIE Advanced, and one each of the TIE Interceptor and Z-95). The last one is the only one I'm interested in, but is it worth it if I'm only getting one?
>>
>>47684604
So they aren't allowed to destiny point my destiny point even if the pool is large enough to do so?
>>
>>47684788

If it is that when, then yes, like, there's a cue where they're supposed to spend Destiny points on a check, and if your cue is to spend them after they spend any, then yeah, they missed the opportunity. Again, not sure if it's that way around though, I'd double check what the rules specifically say about Destiny Points.
>>
>>47684747
Maybe you could give us some more background there, like what you've got in your collection and what your intentions to grow it are?
>>
>>47685201
I have:
Both cores
X-Wing expansion
Rebel Aces
E-Wing
T-70 Expansion
B-Wing
HWK-290
And some stand-alone upgrades:
Veteran Instincts (2)
PTL (2)
Predator (2)
Nien Nunb
Mangler
R2 Astromech
I'll be getting Heroes of the Resistance when it comes out, and maybe the ARC-170 (I change my mind about it almost every day).
>>
>>47685239
A wings are fun to have
>>
>>47685419
I already have one from Rebel Aces. I didn't plan on using the non-uniques, but I recently gave in and made a Poe/Jake/Kyle list.
>>
>>47685441
You get tycho "I dont believe in stress" celchu
>>
>>47685441
>>47685489
And a copy of Push the Limit, Deadeye and Cluster & Concussion missiles along with what's a pretty good paint scheme on the red A-wings.
>>
>>47685489
Who would he work well with?
>>
>>47685528
Wedge, Hobbie, and Wes.
>>
>>47685528
You could use him as a flanker with b wings
>>
>>47685528
I find he works well with Keyan Farlander.
>>
File: tumblr_o5otp8qYWI1uxa438o1_1280.png (189 KB, 800x942) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5otp8qYWI1uxa438o1_1280.png
189 KB, 800x942
>>47685544
Only true answer.
>>
>>47678433
9-foot Executor model when?
>>
File: too spicy for swg.jpg (242 KB, 1048x1600) Image search: [Google]
too spicy for swg.jpg
242 KB, 1048x1600
Alright /swg/, I need to know if this is too much of a sue for a game.

Padawan red-skinned twi'lek who got kidnapped from a tour group and sold into slavery at the age of 10, and somehow missed the sith invasion in the TOR era that happened a few weeks later due to being a slave. Escaped 8 years later, and is now on the run, trying to build a lightsaber. Uses a bowcaster they looted from a bounty hunter - they have a five digit bounty on their lekku.

Thoughts?

Pic Related
>>
>>47687365
source?
>>
>>47687365
>thoughts?

Who the fuck isn't a jedi or padawan in Star Wars, these days???
>>
>>47687473
Let's not talk about that.
>>47687451
Greenmarine, but you probably won't find it on his blog. Private Commission, etc etc.
>>
>>47687473
me. I prefer being a bounty hunter/smuggler
>>
>>47687490
post that shit on imgur
>>
>>47687365
Less sue, more incredibly unoriginal. Everyone and their mother is a red twi'lek Jedi these days because muh stereotype twist. That, or it's the same guy posting about red twi'leks over and over. It's almost as tired and overdone as muh redeemed succubus.
>>
>>47687507
http://i.imgur.com/ixsTw8x.png

Just for you. It's a picture of her.
>>
>>47687530
That's probably me, I've been posting over the past week, yeah.

My bad man.
>>
>>47687546
>over the past week
It's probably multiple people, then. The red twi'lek thing has been reposted several times over /swg/'s life.
>>
>>47687563
Shit man, I had no idea. The main reason I got red was because I rolled a d100 and consulted a chart. It could have just as easily been blue or green.
>>
Hey /swg/ I got a FFG RPG question for y'all.

What skill would I use for a demolitions thing?

I feel that this is a GRAVE oversight, as it doesn't fit anything well.

Would it be a mix of mechanics and cunning?

Gunnery and cunning?

Raw cunning?

Intelligence supported by cunning?

I'm at a loss here. I feel cunning should be used as real-world terrorists are VERY creative, and EOD work often requires creative thinking, as well as mechanical prowess for electrical engineering, etc.
>>
>>47687847

I mean, I supposed as a GM, you could require cunning if you really like, but otherwise it's just a Mechanics check, as pretty clearly per AoR (mines) and the actual demo section in Dangerous Covenants.

Personally, I'd never limit something representing a character's "creativity" to an attribute, you can probably get some quick-thinking and gusto out of almost any attribute. It's mechanics because it's a physical system you need to assemble/fiddle with, and then probably a stealth or skulduggery check to hide as appropriate.
>>
>>47687847
Demolitions and explosive charges use the mechanics skill. There is a variety of explosive types and some explanation as to how it works (along with an entire specialization dedicated to it) in the Dangerous Covenants splatbook. There's a download link in the pastbin in the top post if you want the exact details.
>>
File: weeee.jpg (20 KB, 432x576) Image search: [Google]
weeee.jpg
20 KB, 432x576
>>47687473
It saddens me that people haven't made up the force sensitive 'Zen Grenade Launcher' character.

>He 'feels'
>He Shoots
>He blows the fucking shit out of wide areas of landscape
>>
Just got the Force and Destiny Core book. Having an issue with character creation. When it gets to starting morality, it makes it seem like you should be lowering your morality to start with the extra credits/experience, or you can choose to make your morality straight into dark side/light side. Even later on when it gets to starting equipment it says players may have more than 500 starting credits due to lowering morality. Is there an errata somewhere that says what's supposed to be happening here?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.