[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever played TGs with your parents or family?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: nIspnYJr.png (2 MB, 1360x2418) Image search: [Google]
nIspnYJr.png
2 MB, 1360x2418
What was it like or have you ever tried getting them into it?
>>
>>47652980

No. My parents thought my gaming habits were fucking bizarre and totally alien.
>>
>>47652980
They used to play back in the day. I got my father in law in on a game once, back when we needed to know each other better. I think he had fun, but he seemed to be out of his element after a bit. He bowed out after a short spell, but he seemed better after.
>>
My dad learned the Pokemon TCG for me to have someone to play with. I feel so bad for him. He always had to put up with my nerdy shit. Wish I would have just got into cars like he wanted me too.
>>
Funny enough, my FRIEND's dad got me into TGs. Starting with AD&D and 1st edition champions. Now I play Champions complete (basically 6th edition hero system) and D&D 5e.
>>
My older sister legitimately feared for my mental well-being when I said I was playing D&D with friends. So much for that.
>>
Every time someone takes a picture of them with the $150 worth of D&D books with the caption "LOL IMMA NERD NOW!!!", I sincerely wish Hitler had won the war.
>>
>>47652980
I like playing them with my family. Its a good alternative to board games, cause lets be honest, my sister in law is crazy competitive. I'm working on a mash up of Wushu and FATE thats super simple but lets us do both physical and social combat.
>>
>>47654333
I see we are brothers in spiritual arms.

I too want to gas the je-I mean phonies. Yes the phonies.
>>
>>47652980
Actually my dad got me into it, and I even played a few games of Midnight d20 with him. It was nice.
>>
>>47652980
My father was my first DM (Red Box Basic) in '96. My mother played a Chaotic Rogue who went off on her own only to show up at the last second to claim the kill. I was a dwarf who got killed by a harpy in a chimney and his twin brother showed up to avenge him. My little brother played the wizard who got to cast sleep then spend the rest of the time running from everything.
Good times.
>>
>>47655453
Chaotic THIEF....damn class name drift
anyhow, I run a 5e game with xenomorphs and Fiendish cults.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.