[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #880: Patron Saint of Budget Destruction Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #879 Shit Gets Cosmic Edition Anonymous 06/06/16(Mon)08:22:59 No.47642918▶
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47642918
>>
>>47651354
And I screwed up the OP.
God damnit.
>>
>>47651371
Delete it.
>>
>>47651371
Meh. It's workable.
>>
How does the experience/the enjoyment of JumpChain compare to regular CYOA?
>>
>>47651424
It's more extreme in both directions.

Higher highs and lower lows.
>>
>>47651484
Nah, their shitstorms are even dumber,
>>
>>47651484
Get it, get it, go until you get it right.
>>
>>47651424
Regular CYOAs are finite.
Jumpchain is only limited by the collective imagination of the entire human race.

We have almost 600 jumps and I can already think of like 5 IPs that haven't been done yet that would work as jumps.
>>
File: Mickey4.gif (263 KB, 667x369) Image search: [Google]
Mickey4.gif
263 KB, 667x369
>>47651500
> You don't want to be a sissyboy? What kind of faggot are you?
>>
>>47651484
I find that it's easier to actually care about Jumpchain, because your choices will carry on to the next story. If you are horribly traumatized in one CYOA, it will carry over rather than fading into nothing as you close whatever page you were doing it on and moving on to create a new character in the next CYOA. While there are some differences between Jumpchain and CYOA that are cultural and rule based, that's the most major difference in the experience.
>>
I've been out of thread for a bit, any updates on the Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura jump?
>>
>>47651424
Well, I found it holds my attention a lot more. Purely due to the sheer number of jumps to choose from/get through.

As you move through the jumps it's good to get the feel of character progression, which you don't really get in a regular CYOA, since they're almost always standalone.

This thread tends to shout down a lot of broken stuff. Last time I looked a CYOAG serously there was a popular one a lot of people were posting builds for and they were all pretty similar because there was one power that let you acquire the abilities of others once you'd killed them, and compared to that the other options had no growth, and because it was its own thing, nobody really had any motivation to balance it.
Whereas each jump (theoretically) should have an internal balance, and at the very least a vague balance with other jumps (mostly in that powers which would invalidate/trivialise the rest of the chain should be kept post-spark).

It includes an absolute ton of my favourite settings, even some really obscure ones, and because I know the lore for them, it's easier to connect how my Jumper would experience them rather than doing, say, the Space Opera CYOA which great as it is, has little lore.

So I guess it boils down to "/cyoag/ is more about the build, and /jc/ is more about what you _do_ with each build".
>>
>>47651622
I don't really remember...
>>
>>47651622
Oh, wow. Someone was actually looking forward to that? Well, okay then. I'll give you a brief overview of my progress.

+ The Universal Law of Magick and Steamworks is finally written to a point where I don't want to hit it with rocks. After a lot of deliberation back and forth on my part, I gave a blanket exception to Out of Jump Powers. It just saves me from having to answer questions on it forever and it makes things a lot easier on the Jumper.
+ Backgrounds are cemented, but not fully written. There's a separate route for Drop-Ins, while everyone else gets to pick a Race and Background for free. Backgrounds are done and come with a variety of positives and negatives. They also determine your Discounts and Penalty. (Penalty being a Skill or Ability that costs 50% more to take.)
+ I've started working on the Spell Colleges, but it's slow going. I've got to adapt a lot to make it useful, while still sticking to the source material.
+ All Abilities and Skills are going to follow a 200, 400, 600 point tiered buying system. Buying the 600 CP tier automatically gives you the lower two. I have /not/ gotten all of them written out by any means.
+ Both Drawbacks and Items have very little, if anything, finished yet.

I'll admit, I hit a bit of a brick wall. It was a lot larger job that I initially planned on, but I got ambitious. Right now I'm taking a bit of a break from it to finish up the Zootopia Jump, then I'll be back on it. Promise.
>>
>>47651865
Flamio my good hotman.

And the same to the guy working on WoD Mages. I spaced throwing that out while I was at work.
>>
Since they just released a new game. What would the thoughts on an Orcs Must Die! Jump?
>>
>>47651622
>>47651865
Semi-related question: in the Arcanum videogame, how the hell do you go from the first town to the second one? I ran for what seems like hours and I'm no closer to anything. Is there a way around that? It made me drop the game even though I loved the writing and story elements.
>>
File: flash_drive_introB.jpg (22 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
flash_drive_introB.jpg
22 KB, 500x354
Out of curiosity, what is the best data storage medium in the chain in terms of data to weight ratio? So far the best I've found is The Mega USB in Youtube for a Yottabyte of data stored in something that weighs about 12 grams.
>>
File: Reaction.png (54 KB, 443x220) Image search: [Google]
Reaction.png
54 KB, 443x220
>>47651921
Pic related

>>47651932
Did you forget to use the World Map button to travel? Because it sounds like you did.

I did the same thing more than once.
>>
File: Breakfast_Wizard_by_LunaLouise.jpg (210 KB, 600x757) Image search: [Google]
Breakfast_Wizard_by_LunaLouise.jpg
210 KB, 600x757
>>47651865
Take your time, I look forward to seeing your magnum opus come to fruition.
>>
>>47651989
The negative size file from SCP kinda makes that question irrelevant.
>>
>>47651989
Uh, the holographic computer from Tenchi Muyo, because it weighs nothing?
>>
I asked this last thread, but for Dragonlance, how do we handled scenarios that involve the War of the Lance if we stopped the Cataclysm?
>>
>>47652001
Thank you. I'll try that next time. Hope you can use it to go to unvisited places tho.
>>
>>47652051
That's not actually a computer, it's basically a keyboard/monitor.
>>
>>47651989
If you put a data storage device of some sort into scp 914 there is a chance to get out a data storage device with unlimited storage.
>>
In Worm do Doormaker portals stay open of their own volition or is your shard unconsciously expanding energy to keep them open?
>>
File: stop_it.gif (6 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
stop_it.gif
6 MB, 600x338
>>47652061
Pic related.

Seriously though, I have no idea. If you want my two cents, I'd say those scenarios would be locked off if you stopped the Cataclysm. Then again, you could always just say that the Cataclysm happened anyways, just differently. Of course, I'm not the Jump Maker, so take my opinion for what it's worth.
>>
>>47652101
Going by canon, they take energy to keep open. Not very much energy, though, unless you're making literally thousands of them at once like Taylor did you're not going to burn out anytime soon. Also, your shard isn't packed up in travel mode, unlike Doormaker's, so it can refuel itself properly and is therefore even less likely to run out.
>>
>>47652101
I think they all vanish when he burns out so the latter. Post jump you don't have a shard though. It may be they become tied to you in a way, so you might get tired keeping tons of them open.
>>
>>47652061
Short Answer: Unless a particular event is declared as inevitable by your scenario then it’s not inevitable. Which is to say that if you ducked the Cataclysm, see below, but your scenario doesn’t require the Cataclysm then you’re good. Just assume the cities mentioned rose to some comparable level of prominence for whatever reason.

Long Answer: Regardless of what you did in Ansalon, the main continent of Krynn, you may not have stopped the Cataclysm. The Dragonlance series focuses damn near completely on the continent of Ansalon. The other continent on Krynn, Taladas, gets next to no mention or support. It’s neat and interesting, but it just doesn’t get love. With that in mind, and with the caveat that I’m not dictating to you what happened on your jump, consider this:

There is information in the Taladas lore that the Cataclysm was partially the fault of events happening on Taladas. Yes, all the main DL stuff says Kingpriest Kinpriest Kingpriest. But Taladas, which is on the same planet and is under the same metaphysic, was involved in some serious fuckery at the time too. Its kinda vague and LotR’ish: dark wizard, armies of light, etc, etc. Whatever it was, I’ve found a few throw away lines here and there that seem to hint that the gods of Krynn, which have different names on the continent of Taladas, sent all those meteors because of Taladas and Krynn.

Anyway, make of that what you will. The short answer is my ruling, as such, the long answer is just to chew on.
>>
>>47644891
Pretty much. I imagine you could deliberately fail by actively screwing with things (e.g. exploding the Inn when everyone's in the common room, or Soth's parents before he is born) but otherwise the rails are there (in the case of Our Hero, until the first miracle of the Age of Despair).
>>
Jumpers! What are the best ways to increase my intelligence? What about wisdom?
>>
>>47652250
Ring of Increase Intellect from D&D
Ring of Increase Wisdom from D&D
>>
Is there a way to reverse engineer something purely magical if, post spark, I, say, visit a particularly interesting fanfic universe (I'm reading some HP Fanfiction, and there's something in it that, well, its really interesting).

Its not technomancy, per say, but its being treated something similiar to it. The story, if anyone is interested, is called Not Normal by Radaslab, and no, the author is not going to update it anytime soon (been three/four years since he updated, so, that ship has sailed, sadly...)
>>
>>47652250
I think Rick and Morty has the most powerful intelligence boosting perk in the chain, but personally I just take every single one I come across.
As for wisdom, take one of the really old backgrounds, like the ones from Smite, Darksiders, or Lord of Light.
>>
>>47652269
Would I have to continue wearing them to retain their benefits? Also, how much of a boost is it?
>>
>>47652250
Neverwinter Nights has Perks for that. So does FR. Demon's Souls has an alright one for intelligence. Hellsing has a neat low-level one, though its effects are nonsensical if you take its writing at face-value. DC has the Mortal line, and Marvel can get really silly if you go for the Reed Richards build (Brains+Brains+Brains+... until your budget is out), the Genius capstone from Teen Titans is kinda vague but it's a swell start, pretty much all Peak Human perks should boost your mind a lot, though if you don't consider them to stack together in order to make you Peaker Human then they lose all worth almost instantly.
>>
>>47652288
Dark Wisdom from Overlord lets you recreate any spell you see with a bit of research, and also recreate spells from other magic systems.
>>
>>47652242
Mainly I was thinking of Scales in Balance and 11th: Our Hero.

I guess it can be argued that the gods would leave because of my defiance for stopping it as well, and Taksis would try to come back anyway, but she'd need to find some other way when Istar was never sunk.

The second one is a bit iffier, since it definitely has the gods coming back and all that. I'm worried how me being around would effect that. Though isn't the dwarf in the party actually Reorx? If he ever learns who I am I imagine it'd be quite the funny reaction since gods do not take to admonishment well.
>>
>>47652314
Top 1% of your species, so if you dump all your points into becoming something like an Elder Brain you'd probably be pretty damn smart.
>>
>>47652314
Depends on the ring, some are +1, some are +5 I think is the max
Only works while wearing them.
>>
>>47644891
>It seems to me that it is impossible to fail 11th: Our Hero or Black Roses Never Wither from Dragon Lance without dying. Is that true? It seems like they are both just situations that you are forced into and have to survive.

More or less. Those two modules toss you into a story, or provide you with a prompt, and challenge you to survive. The idea is to give you a DL-style adventure that you have to adventure. You have to go out and deal with what’s going on in the world instead of doing your own thing.

>(Though that could still be quite challenging for an early chain jumper, seeing as they are a war and death knight respectively).
That was what I was going for with the difficulty levels in the modules. I assume that the Low level ones are survivable for an early jumper. They’re a challenge, yes, but it’s about giving something to play with on Krynn. The Medium jumps represent things that the average MC-hero has had to deal with. The difference between the jumper and the MCs being that the jumper doesn’t have plot armor. So the younger jumper will need a good build and a bit of luck to survive, whereas the mid and older jumpers can use their in jump stuff and out of jump skills and perks to help them through. The High level stuff was representative of things done by the handful of big archetype characters that shaped DL’s mythology and requires a good amount of out of jump power to survive.
>>
>>47652362
Oh wait nevermind I misread and thought you were talking about the perks
>>
>>47652250
Angel of Logic from Gunnerkrigg Court should help.
>>
>>47652401
* and Brain Booster from EVO: Search for Eden.
>>
>>47652250
There are perks all over for both, but Fight Harder AND Smarter from Green Lantern TAS will let you get smarter by getting stronger.

Combine it with Softcap from Elona, and there isn't a finite limit for your strength anymore, meaning you could be become the smartest person in the universe if you just put the time in.

Get GAINZ, get BRAINZ.
>>
>>47652362
Are there official stats for an Elder Brain? Cause I can't find any and I don't have much knowledge of d&d
>>
>>47652395
Are Kender really the favored of Paladine?
>>
>>47652428
Doesn't Softcap work for intelligence as well, since it's an improbable stat?
>>
>>47652436
>Elder Brain

Here you go
http://www.lomion.de/cmm/eldebrai.php
>>
>>47652288
I think Crimson Saint from Maoyuu does something like that.
>>
>>47652456
Eh, I dunno.
Elonanon said it works for anything that'd be improvable in the game, so… yeah?

But you can just work your ass off in the gym and get smarter for free, or you could hit the books and stay a pencilneck, anon.

The choice is yours.
>>
>>47652476
Another thing, what does an intelligence of 20 actually mean? Like, just how smart is that?
>>
>>47652436
According to http://awakenvideo.org/pdf/DnD%203.5e%20and%20you%20are%20welcome/DnD%20DM%203.5e%20Essentials---Dungeons%20and%20Dragons%20Dungeon%20Master%203.5%20Essentials/books/Campaign%20Settings,%20Etc/Forgotten%20Realms/Forgotten%20Realms%20-%20Underdark.pdf
28 INT and 25 WIS

no idea what that means though
>>
>>47652529
18 is the absolute human maximum.
14 Strength is body-builder tier
>>
>>47652355
Yeah, you can always count on capriciousness from D&D gods if it suits plot. As for why? They could have come to some sort of cold war’ish détente where they backed off to let mortals run things for a bit. Sure, the Cataclysm was stopped by someone suggests that it was empowering the mortals that cause this problem so now, blah blah blah. Something like that is plausible. Then you can do the dragon bit the way it was played in the books. Takhisis and the evil dragons steal the good dragon eggs and make the good dragons swear to leave Anasalon for the Dragon Isles.

Those are just suggestions, but hopefully those help.

>spoiler
No, he isn’t. Though his bro-score is high enough that his place in the afterlife is right next to Reorx. He hands out, whittles and drinks.

>>47652447
Yes and no. Sometime during the Age of Mortals the Kender do get a kind of buff and some racial abilities from Paladine. Tasselhoff, the Kender that’s most involved with the main plots of the two big trilogies, always buddies up to Paladines avatar, and Paladines avatar is always cool to him. So there are hints of something along those lines in the narrative. However, it’s more a game mechanic than anything else. I didn’t include it because it’s way at the end of the world canon, it’s a blurb in the Age of Mortals supplement, and for balance I’d have to change a bunch of other stuff that happen with the Kender. I just went with the classic Kender that are seen throughout the vast majority of the DL canon.
>>
>>47652529
Twice as smart as an average human.
>>
>>47652547
That depends completely on the edition.
>>
>>47652582
This anon might be right >>47652583 and it depends on the edition.
But 20 in a Stat is and always has been significantly more than just "twice as smart" or "twice as strong".
>>
>>47652609
10 is average and 20 is super genius legendary arch-mage might ascend to godhood or rule the planet tier wizard. So yeah, definitely more than double.
>>
>>47652609
>>47652642
In 3x a normal human can roll 18 to start, and every four levels you can increase one ability score so you can go considerably higher than that.
>>
I'm looking at the Unlimited Colors scenario in the new Kamen Rider jump and it locks your non-Kamen Rider perks and items. My question is this: can I use my Kamen Rider Black RX Bio-Rider and Robo-Rider forms alongside the new Drivers, or would I have to swap between Kamen Rider forms if I want to actually use my old stuff?
>>
>>47652668
Yes you can. 18-20 is still supposed to be the best of the best. It's just that not all geniuses are equal.
>>
>>47652668
You think PCs are normal humans?
10 is Normal Human. Any higher is exceptional.
>>
>>47651989
>anon plugs his 1YB drive into the computer, ready to conquer the world.
>Filesystem not recognised. Format as FAT32 (Y/N)?
>crying ensues
>>
>>47652688
Yeah, people forget when they start whining that PCs are 'special snowflakes', that the point is for your character to already be a burgeoning legendary figure at level 1. You're already better than the common man.
>>
>>47652681
>>47652688
Fair points.
>>
>>47652570
Sorry if this is a dick question to ask, but is there a point to going Warrior or Rogue if I actually want to fight and adventure myself instead of diplomancing/warring (as in, being a leader and having others fight for me) my way to success?
>>
File: Data_crystal_in-game.png (254 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
Data_crystal_in-game.png
254 KB, 700x600
>>47651989
The data crystal chips in Halo can store smart A.Is like Cortana.
>>
>>47652751
if memory serves warriors are an NPC class and less powerful than fighters, rogues sneak and backstab, but are less combat capable than assassins. So no
>>
>>47652751
It's a jump, not the system. You don't have to assume fighters suck.
>>
>>47652751
Dragonlance is based on, but is not under the literal rules of, 3.X D&D. All of the characters are useful in the novels, not just Raistlin and Goldmoon.
>>
>>47652821
Fair enough, but unless I start making shit up, going caster still seems miles better in terms of getting shit done myself and being self-sufficient than going martial. Then there's the big fighty Capstone for Warrior being partly-suicidal in how it works.

>>47652897
Well, the jump is doing a bad job of making it seem like that's the case.
>>
>>47652529
Assuming 3.5 edition, standard adult human NPC ability scores range from 3 to 18 based on a 3d6 roll (if you're not using the roll system), so the odds of a person getting an 18 is 1 in 216. An older human can get +2 int, so a 20 is possible, but...

tl,dr; an Int 20 would in theory mean that if you and 215 other people were plucked at random from Earth, you'd be ~99.9% guaranteed to be the smartest person in the room.
>>
>>47651989
Omnitool has pretty good storage. Idk how much, but considering they can do shit like hack anything in realtime, and bunch other stuff.

Lantern Power Rings are like massive computers in a tiny ring form. They have an AI that basically tells you anything and everything you want to know. Sure there's some things that the ring can't answer but that rarely comes up. I'm sure if you command it, then it could download massive amount of data.
>>
>>47652250
For an early/initial direct boost to base you can go symbiote as a Grey Matter Transfer and get their reward:

>Gray-Matter Transfer - Your Host gets their mental faculties back, if they didn't have them already, and yours are increased up to what they could be as a Symbiote, without the benefit of Berzerker OS, unless you bought it. You both keep any abilities you bought or learned throughout the time you were here, and your Host gains any skills you know how to use that could be taught and/or learned; they've rubbed off on your Host since you shared a brain for a long, long time already.

Which buffs you up to the intelligence level of a quantum bio-AI, with absurd processing if you took Berserker OS.
>>
>>47652924
>if you're not using
>should be if you're using
>>
File: 1407443927723.jpg (49 KB, 640x389) Image search: [Google]
1407443927723.jpg
49 KB, 640x389
I know a lot of jumpers have a love/hate relationship with Japan, so tell me, who here has ever conquered/destroyed the U.S and how many times have you done it?
>>
File: PARTYTIME.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
PARTYTIME.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
>>47649664
Not that anon, but amongst other things? Since a Page of Void knows things through building an identity out of them, abilities that are dependant on or extensions of one's identity would probably undergo.../interesting/ changes.

For one thing, you'd simply have A LOT more fuel to power Soulfire with. Never mind what the ramifications of partly altering its' fuel source would be. Especially if said fuel source includes an opponent's machines, homeland, ideals and possibly the opponent itself.

For another, if one had the ability known as You Do Not Exist from Gunnerkrigg Court one could vastly increase the breadth of how extreme one could change form by identifying more exotic forms as part and parcel of their identity.

There's also the issue that one would likely have great influence through comprehension-assimilation over entities that do not, strictly speaking, exist properly. This doesn't sound great on paper but then you'd be surprised at how many people fall prey to Fingerkings or Hivers or Goetic demons every day.

If one had a style of alchemy that produced resources from nothing, like Minecraft's Equivalent Exchange, a style of magic that gives form to what has been analysed, such as Type-Moon's Projection or the relevant HSDW equivalent it might be possible to synthesise materials unimaginable in normal circumstances.

Being trapped in an identity-sublimating effect such as Instrumentality or the Infinite Tsukuyomi would be much less hazerdous, as through identifying with the effect one can understand and reject it.

As sympathic magic is partly based on the abstract relationship between people and their things, identifying in abstract with /everything/ would grant a LOT of metaphysical leverage to doing basically anything with it. Most likely more in the way of defence. It would be quite difficult to make a voodoo doll out of someone who is, in some way, an abstract extension of the world you live in.
>>
>>47652948
Different anon here, but getting those ludicrous kinds of buffs instantly, I'd be worried about any connection with who I was before being completely overwhelmed.
>>
>>47652922
I dunno, look at Legend. Taking down giant monsters with just your sword and skill sounds pretty amazing.
>>
>>47652751
>Sorry if this is a dick question to ask, but
Question’s a question, don’t sweat asking me something if it’s about one of my jumps.

>is there a point to going Warrior or Rogue if I actually want to fight and adventure myself instead of diplomancing/warring (as in, being a leader and having others fight for me) my way to success?
Having said that, I’m not sure what kind of answer you’re looking for to this question. I guess there’s as much a point in doing that as anything?

I made the jump to represent the setting, and when I’ve included crunch because I’ve done so because I know some people really want that. So, by crunch, fighters in 3E+ are on balance worse off than casters. There’s a little more balance in that respect in 2E, but that’s neither here nor there. Having said all that, though, I don’t see jumpchain as a tabletop game. So there’s no reason that you can’t adventure as a fighter if that’s what you want. My goal was to provide you with a set of options wherein you can figure out what your time on Krynn would look like.

If you’re talking straight power game, though? An inexperienced fighter will take down an inexperienced caster, and an experienced caster will take down an experienced martial. That’s a generality, but it’s fairly representative of what’s what. I consider the jump balanced, because you can flesh out builds for the various trees. I consider it representative of the setting because it allows you to do what characters do in the setting.

What would you like to see that you aren’t seeing or is there something you’d like me address that I haven’t here?
>>
File: antispiralconfuse.jpg (21 KB, 425x239) Image search: [Google]
antispiralconfuse.jpg
21 KB, 425x239
>>47652990
The US isn't terribly special.

Neither is Japan by default, when it's not being a nexus of supernatural activity. Which happens a lot more often than the US, oddly enough.

We probably have, but it's not terribly interesting to write memoirs about.

We mean technically we effectively took over the US in Metal Wolf Chaos but that was only beacuse Richard was so busy being crazy he signed all the forms and handed over all the codes that let us actually run the country, so yeah. Actually, that's a great metaphor for our approach to conquering America-there's all this crazy robot dickwaving going on outside, and meanwhile we're just doing our thing in the Oval Office slowly accreting power from behind the scenes, while other people get on with the grandstanding.
>>
>>47652990
Not destroyed, but... um... define "conquered".
>>
>>47653100
Forcefully took control.
>>
>>47652990
> Japan

Love the wacky weirdness, dislike the bullshit interpretation of the Bushido code. Especially the fascist part.

> Destroying/Conquering a nation of country outright.

Learn to manipulate the economy and political system. Far easier, fewer fingerprints, less deathtoll/suffer, more options.

Only time I needed to take off the gloves was in Symbiote, because crazy fucking conspiracies literally want to destroy earth and fuck off to space.. Even then I just killed all the one who would escape custody and framed the others.
>>
>>47652922
>>47652821
That’s how I approach it. I’d add on the additional rider that just because X can’t take down Y doesn’t mean that X is useless or X sucks. The right tool for the right job and all that.

>>47652897
I try to go more for narrative than for crunch, yes.

>>47653018
Yeah, there are some pretty great examples of knights bringing down things that are much bigger than them. Doesn’t always end well, but when you’re stabbing giant gods it rarely does. Legend is base off of those guys.

>>47652922
Caster is better solo, but with caveats. It takes longer for a caster to be able to solo. An martial can solo fairly early on, a caster soloing early in his or her career will likely not have a career. With one or two exceptions, it’s assumed that reaching the pinnacle of power for a caster takes a lifetime. Reaching the martial equivalent is much faster.

If the jump fails at showing how everything shines, that’s on me. That I suppose is part of the problem with trying to juggle something that has a lot of gaming material, spanning multiple editions, and runs of novels. Like said, I know some people /need/ crunch and others want as little of that as possible. All in all, I try to keep things as close to the canon and material as possible. I don’t want to OC the setting. So part of that means that I have to assume some of the baggage of the setting, which includes some of the weird bits about how classes balance against one another. Or, as is this case we’re discussing, potentially don’t balance against one another.
>>
>>47653196
>That’s how I approach it. I’d add on the additional rider that just because X can’t take down Y doesn’t mean that X is useless or X sucks. The right tool for the right job and all that.
The above should not have been pointed at >>47652922
>>
>>47653196
You did a good job merging material and mechanics, but sometimes people need things spelled out for them.

In large, wooden blocks occasionally.
>>
>>47652924
PCs. Are. Not. Standard. Humans.
10 is the Standard Human.
>>
>>47653052
>I made the jump to represent the setting, and when I’ve included crunch I’ve done so because I know some people really want that.
Fix't.

I can't write in fucking 4chan boxes to save my life.
>>
>>47652924
That roll is for PC attribute levels.
>>
>>47653128
Well, I usually just introduce post-scarcity technologies to the world at large; how governments react to that is on them. Worlds with a nation recognisable as what I'd consider "The U.S." are generally worlds where it responds sensibly.

But I guess it does depend on whether taking non-lethal steps to relieve certain officials of their station (so that the country can choose a new one) counts as forcefully taking control of the country.
>>
>>47653052
Okay, I've tried writing this big thing explaining my thought process, and it all ends up being rambling nonsense so I'm just gonna spout my opinion without explaining why I hold it.

In their current state, there is literally no reason for me to ever acknowledge the Warrior or Rogue origins exist let alone take them, as the Arcane and Divine origins benefit the Jumper's nature as a self-sufficient world hopper much more. This is even before you account for the fact that one of the Warrior Capstones is partly self-defeating, and the incredible direct effects the Divine and Arcane Capstones have.

>I made the jump to...
I can accept that.

>If you’re talking...
>>47653196
That's also a good point, but the fact that you allow the Jumper to simply get power instantly instead of working for it undermines the entire idea for me.
>>
>>47653252
Dude, 10 is the _average_ for the standard human. It's what the DM uses when they can't be arsed to roll for every single damn NPC the PCs meet on the street. Did somebody touch your dice or something?
>>
>>47653473
What kind of shitty GM rolls for the NPCs? Rolls for PCs are acceptable for a touch of randomness, though there are other systems in place.

A Good GM decides what they want the NPC to be like, and builds the stat-block around that. Which is more work than rolling some fucking dice for it.
>>
>>47653326
Not in 3.5 it isn't.
>Determine each score by rolling four six-sided dice, ignoring the lowest die roll, and totalling the other three.

3d6 is for ordinary NPCs, 4d6 then drop the lowest is for ordinary PCs.
>>
>>47653458
I think you just need to accept that you personally prefer arcane perks this time, and that not all perks are going to suit you always, and that you have inherent bias against martials in DnD settings.
>>
>>47653458
How is Legend self-defeating? It says that you're pretty much going to win unless you die, even if it's costly. It doesn't say you have to bear a cost to victory, it just means if you would ordinarily have been guaranteed to lose you can still win at a cost.
>>
>>47653506
Sure, that's fine for a few NPCs. I was more referring to when the players start interrogating every single NPC in the village because they've fixated on some thing utterly unrelated to your intended plot.
>>
>>47653473
Dude, the average human's class levels are exclusively in peasant, noble, or warrior.
>>
>>47653458
You're entitled to your opinion, but most of us disagree with you.
>>
>>47653563
Well, maybe in theory, but in practice I haven't seen any Fighter or Rogue builds...
>>
>>47653553
And those peasants aren't going to have stats significantly above or below the average. That farmer isn't going to fucking have 18 anything. Not even 14.
>>
>>47653473
We can actually use carrying capacity to measure exactly how stats correlate to real world people. 18 strength means you're as strong as a professional bodybuilder. 22-23 strength is steroid users who hold world records. I assume the other stats scale similarly.

>>47653527
The DnD system is what has a bias against martials, and perks are explicitly tied to that system's mechanics. Of course none of the other DnD jumps try to rebalance things to fix that, so there's not much point in trying to force it here either.
>>
>>47653602
Unless they're a retired adventurer. You gotta be careful about those.
>>
>>47653616
>perks are explicitly tied to that system's mechanics
Now you're making up bullshit. I've read the jump and levels are only mentioned as an abstract for people interested in them. Otherwise it's entirely fluff.
>>
>>47653594
See every jump ever. People like magic and usually take it, and keep in mind that lots of us don't post our builds.
>>
>>47653660
People only ignore magic if they can take science perks.
>>
>>47653527
You're probably right about the first, honestly, but I went Martial in Neverwinter Nights and Swordsage in FR.

>>47653536
>Not entirely fluff. I based it on some of the bigger epic heroes who do take down gods, dragons, and other big shakers. However, and that’s why I worded it the way I did, none of them survived. So there’s always a chance for success, but if you push too hard then that success comes at a price. Also note that it says victory, and not kill or destroy. You might just inflict enough damage for a thing to be sealed back into its MacGuffin or banished. Both of those are canon examples of victories, they did what they set out to do, but they came at the cost of the life of the hero and his allies.
From 4plebs. It's not like Epicure said that you'll die instantly if you try to make the most of it, but I'm not going to risk my life to keep my swording theme when I could just become a reality warping meister of magic/super pope.

>>47653563
First, suck my dick, sugarlips. Second, I might believe you if I see more non-Companion martials. Konata's the only Jumper I've seen going Rogue.
>>
>>47653458
If you are looking at it as pure power and mechanics, I would largely agree with you that Divine and Arcane are better. However, not everyone jumps purely for power and not everyone who jumps this jump will want the experiences associated with being a wizard or a cleric.

This, I think, is the problem. To make it looks like you’re reducing this to hard quantification of power, and that’s not how I built it. I built it to provide a variety of experiences and offered the setting-appropriate tools for those experiences. Making sure that there was end-game power parity was not part of my design philosophy.

So I think it’s just a difference of opinion in what a jump should offer. Unless you see something else?

>>47653527
If that is the case, he wouldn’t be alone. Whether its true or not, and again I think it depends on the edition, its repeated enough that it has a life of its own.

>>47653536
He’s probably referring to an earlier thread where I discussed the high end of what Legend does. It’s based on a couple of characters, knights both of them, one of whom pinned a goddess and forced her to leave the plane and another who wounded Chaos enough that it was able to be resealed. In both instances the knights died, but by the same token look at what they were fighting.

I explain Legend as making the impossible possible without removing the consequences of doing impossible things.

Does that make sense?

>>47653594
True, but we don’t see build posts in this thread like we used to so it’s hard to get a good gauge of what people are or are not doing with the ump.

For me it’ll be a tough decision as to whether I go Wizard or Knight, as those were my favorites from the series. It’s about the ride for me more than the destination.
>>
>>47653684
That text you quoted pretty much echoes what that anon is saying.
>>
>>47653695
>he wouldn’t be alone
He is alone except for one person who thinks your jump is like FR because he didn't read it.
>>
Was there a gantz update? and can someone post it if there was.
>>
>>47653678
>>47653660
>I ignore magic all the time in favor of punching the shit out of things.

I see plenty of builds that ignore magic, not even in favor of Science perks.
>>
It says you can put two ranks in your ruling Arcana while putting one rank in your non-inferior Arcana for free. Does that mean as an Obrimos, I can put one rank in Prime and Forces, with one rank in Spirit for free?
>>
>>47653843
Not the jumpmaker but I think you could get two in prime, two in forces, and one in Spirit.
>>
>>47653701
...Alright, poor choice of words.

>This is even before you account for the fact that one of the Warrior Capstones is (to a small extent) suicidal
Is this clearer?

>>47653695
I suppose that's right. I just can't justify trying to be a legendary hero of the sword who fells armies and giant monsters to myself in this situation, since before going here I'll possibly have seen multiple versions of the Pokemon universe, a place where big explosions cause superpowers, and a space opera. Why would I enfeeble myself and invite unnecessary risk, when for all I know, the next place I'll be going to has Conan/Hercules-type heroes be the name of the game.
>>
File: Konata_Fox_by_BrooklynZB.png (84 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Konata_Fox_by_BrooklynZB.png
84 KB, 500x400
>>47652990
... why would I?

The USA's major claim to fame is that they're big and powerful and they're not shy about waving their dick about it. But that's really about it. That, and the wide range of cultures.
But they're hardly the worst, or the best country. The only reason to conquer or destroy them is fanaticism or to prove your dick is bigger, and, quite frankly, considering the levels jumpers get to? I'd be DISAPPOINTED if you stopped there.

I mean, unless you're taking over just because you genuinely like it and want to help out, but that doesn't really fit the tone of the question.

Anyway, the closest I ever got to taking over America specifically was in Squirrel & Hedgehog, where I seized command of the military because Keoteo was incompetent.
Mostly because I took the drawback that rendered him incompetent.
But, details!

For that matter, I don't think I've ever taken over Japan, either. Generally I don't care a lot about politics unless it's the focus of the setting.
Like in Gate, where I sided with America out of spite.
Or Squirrel & Hedgehog, where I sided with America out of spite.

I also spent most of West Wing getting absolutely hammered all the time.
>>
>>47653829
> Not getting a balance of all three
> Not dumping all your choice points into music
>>
>>47653695
I don't know if it helps any, but this is what I've got so far:

Drop-In
(path to) Fighter (300)
(path to) Hedgemage (sorcerer) (300)
(path to) Epiphany (mystic) (600)
Module: Our Hero (+200)
Module: Glass Pirates
Precarious Port (+0)
Formlock (+100)

Can I take both Our Hero and Glass Pirates? Could you make it allowable to take Party pre-module rather than post-module for Glass Pirates, so I can share the module with them?

Oh, and the Drawbacks have "Precarious Port" while the Notes refer to "Problematic Port".
>>
File: 1454470912526.png (128 KB, 531x607) Image search: [Google]
1454470912526.png
128 KB, 531x607
>>47653997
>But they're hardly... the best country.
BLASPHEMY
>>
>>47654019
I pick up a LOT of science, don't get me wrong.
And I pick up magic that interests me, and so I'm not completely inept at it.

But my build is a Punchfight/Charisma build.
The charisma bit includes Singing, Dancing, and making Music in general.
>>
File: gynna wynn.jpg (259 KB, 1094x1078) Image search: [Google]
gynna wynn.jpg
259 KB, 1094x1078
>>47653997
> I mean, unless you're taking over just because you genuinely like it and want to help out, but that doesn't really fit the tone of the question.

His question is silly and is most likely communist lies to befuddle honest capitalist citizens of the world.
>>
>>47653931
>Why would I enfeeble myself and invite unnecessary risk, when for all I know, the next place I'll be going to has Conan/Hercules-type heroes be the name of the game.
I won’t try to dissuade you, you should jump this however you want, but here’s something to consider.

We’ve talked about how silver dragons are humaboos. They have this obsession with mortals and they spend the majority of their lives polymorphed hanging around with humans and elves. So there’s this one silver dragon, Silvara, who spends her elder years as a Knight of Solamnia. She is, far and away, the most powerful creature in the knighthood, either polymorphed or not, but she spends her days slugging it out next to her brothers and sisters in arms. She does it because to her the jobs worth doing and she wants to inspire people.

That’s a reoccurring theme in Dragonlance. Big honkin immortal beings disguise themselves as mortals, adventure along with mortals, in order to guide, inspire and assist.

Now I know you said that you want to be self-sufficient. I get that. I won’t argue against it.

But if your pre-Krynn build is as powerful as you say it is, then you really don’t have to worry about enfeebling yourself. You wouldn’t be doing that at all. So if you really want to do a martial build, do a martial build. It’s viable and if you want that experience then you should go for it.

Or don’t and do a caster build. Either build archetype works.

Thanks for asking your questions.

>>47654022
>Can I take both Our Hero and Glass Pirates?
Yes.

>Could you make it allowable to take Party pre-module rather than post-module for Glass Pirates, so I can share the module with them?
No. Though if you want to buy in-universe companions then you could just grab the pirates you were adventuring with as your party.

>Oh, and the Drawbacks have "Precarious Port" while the Notes ....
Mother. Fucker. I swear one of these days I’ll get that thing error free.

Thanks.
>>
File: fightin round the world.jpg (35 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
fightin round the world.jpg
35 KB, 600x405
>>47654094
> my build is a Punchfight/Charisma build

So like Russel Crowe except with charisma.
>>
File: 1464070447224.gif (855 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1464070447224.gif
855 KB, 500x281
>>47654148
Damn, that's fucking savage.
Kind of like Russell Crowe.
>>
>>47654022
Sorry, >>47654129 was me.

Anyway, your build looks good. You do get a discount on a item since you purchased a 600CP skill FYI
>>
File: DOOT_DOOT_FUCCBOI.jpg (17 KB, 280x398) Image search: [Google]
DOOT_DOOT_FUCCBOI.jpg
17 KB, 280x398
>Be me
>DOOM Jump
>DOOT DOOT drawback
>Atacked by the Skeleton Army
>Summon Dootiest Persona
>Pic related
>DOOT DOOT
>Praise Calcium
>DOOT
>Army stops
>doot doot
>DOOT DOOT DOOT
>Army turns back
>Starts attacking demons
>Lead the skeletal Army with the Ninja blessing of steel-hard Calcium
>Take over Hell
>Thank you Saint Skeletal

Joke aside, how do Persona grow? Can they, eventually, learn to use every attack from their incarnations in every game?
>>
>>47654305
I imagine they can learn a bit outside of what they normally would, since we're supposed to be on the level of the cast and some Personas would be quite boosted by that, like Nekomata or whatever.
>>
>>47652924
I have a small thing to add here. NPCs can gain levels (usually in NPC classes) which can in theory go up to 20 or even further with epic level rules. I think it is safe to assume that for humans 18 represents the maximum raw potential intelligence. Further increases do to age or level are likely the results of refining one's intellect through learning and experience A 20 intelligence represents someone who not only has a tremendous natural intellect but has also refined it through schooling or life experience. They are likely the people who not only have an I.Q somewhere around Einstein level but also went to the best schools.
>>
>>47654129
...That's not what I meant by enfeeble. I know I'm not going to magically lose my other powers because I chose to punch good and inspire others to greatness.

I meant that I can't justify depriving myself of potential power which could easily save my life in the future because I would have more "fun" cutting a man instead of calling up some magic missiles/meteor swams to end him.
>>
>>47654388
Isn't that just a function of your personality then, if you're so power hungry?
>>
File: his smile and optimism gone.png (248 KB, 456x480) Image search: [Google]
his smile and optimism gone.png
248 KB, 456x480
>>47654305
> Knee deep in the DOOT
> Not summoning the obviously superior counter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy1B3agGNxw
>>
>>47654405
It probably is. Does it mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion and let it be known?
>>
>>47654405
Boy's just got a case of the WMR.
Don't worry about it too much.
>>
>>47654420
It's important to note where your opinion comes from and what might color it.
>>
>>47654286
That's good to know, since currently I've only got 100cp left over to spend on them!

I'm leaning towards the Cooking Spices and Spiced Potatoes and ???, though the Inn is tempting too since it comes with the recipe for the Spiced Potatoes.

Does the Mount have the issues of an ordinary horse (aging, needing to fed, watered and shoed, etc)?
>>
>>47654444
So... do you want me to put a blurb detailing my personality before every post, or what?

>>47654426
WMwhat now.
>>
File: 1465178570344.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1465178570344.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47653801
>>
File: confused bird.gif (122 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
confused bird.gif
122 KB, 500x281
>200 points left in RWBY
>do I want another Drawback so I can get a Catalytic Converter, do I want A Simple Soul, do I want a Nice, Quirky Girl, or do I want another worse Drawback to get myself Dust Grafts?
>>
>>47654453
>Does the Mount have the issues of an ordinary horse (aging, needing to fed, watered and shoed, etc)?
He's low maintenance, so the basics will be covered. As for age? Artax will never grow old, anon. Artax will never grow old.

-----------------------------------------
Changelog:

Notes:
>Issue noted above about Port fixed

Irda:
>Irda updated shapeshift limitation. Initially it read as though Irda could not use supernatural abilities or the like. This was an error. Irda cannot use the supernatural abilities of creatures they shapechange into. Irda can use magic. Also, they can cast while shapechanged regardless of the form.
>>
>>47654643
Buy a shit-ton of cookies.
>>
>>47654643
What about the book on dust(100-free for origin)? it can make substitutes...
>>
>>47654643
You should get a friend Anon.
>>
>>47652990
>who here has ever conquered/destroyed the U.S and how many times have you done it?

Most cases I remove government and let the big companies take over, one of the best moments was when the fast food empires held a civil war.

Emperor Monsanto also made many decrees which got the King and Ronald working together.
>>
>>47654874
>Thinking the Colonel would allow such a thing to happen.
>Not siding with the superior chicken dictator.
>>
>>47654874
>Emperor Monsanto
>not President Camacho
I haz disappoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGUNPMPrxvA
>>
>>47654652
>Mount is low maintenance, basics covered.
Worth noting in the jump, imo.

>dat spoiler
You are awesome. Mount it is. If you can find a way to hide that in the jump itself, +100 points and a Wishing Amulet to House Epicureanon.

>I’m giving you 1,000 Choice Points and a decade here.
Should that be, considering the modules, "at least" a decade here?

Not un-related: holy crap I just rolled Istar, 1000-800 PC, for my starting era and time. I might want to make use of the "find yourself at the start of the module" option or I'm going to be here a looong time.
>>
File: deadpool pancakes.jpg (196 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
deadpool pancakes.jpg
196 KB, 800x550
Jumpers, what's the silliest thing you've ever done "for the lulz"?
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>47654874
>companies ruling everything and in a civil war over America

...isn't that basically the premise of Shadowrun?

Well, except for the parts where dragons are ruling the companies.
>>
>>47655053
Such a waste of pancakes.
>>
>>47654974
>I haz disappoint.

Camacho got killed during the the Colonel's insurrection

25 States had to be remade after
>>
>>47655041
also,
>Istar would grow in power an [sic] importance
>>
>>47655089
Support for the Colonel is a support for order and chicken fingers.
>>
>>47655055
>>Well, except for the parts where dragons are ruling the companies.

I never expected for events to turn out like Dynasty Warriors .
>>
File: bro dont do it.jpg (75 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
bro dont do it.jpg
75 KB, 960x960
>>47655055
> isn't that basically the future?

FTFY.
>>
So I'm looking to build a biological spaceship, ideally one large enough that it would generate its own gravity field. Basically a mobile, living planet. What jumps have the technology I'd need to make this work?
>>
>>47655138
Star Wars.
>>
>>47655122

He did get support from Chick-Fil-A and Popeyes
>>
>>47655160
Popeye's chicken is the shizznit.
>>
>>47655076
>not using Jumper hax to make the perfect pancakes
>not using a giant pile of them as bait for Chiaki in the MGNQ jump
>>
>>47655131
Is it wrong that I want that to be a thing? Because I really do want a fighting game where you fight other mascots of fast food or a dynasty warrior game with Fast food mascots.
>>
>>47655221
No, I want it too. I'd main the Colonel.
>>
>>47655236
Shame the fast food companies won't come together to help and I doubt a gaming company is going to make it of good quality.
>>
File: kodoma.png (211 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
kodoma.png
211 KB, 500x500
>>47655053
During Code Geass I spent a lot of time messing with Lelouch. For, like, basically no reason.

One time I changed his bedroom while he was out to be all pink and frills -- including his entire wardrobe -- and then left a note on his door in a fancy sealed envelope that said I'd replaced it with something more befitting, "Because you're a pretty girl."

I had no reason to do this. I don't even dislike him. I don't know why I did any of this.
It was just funny to watch his progressive slow decline as he tried to catch or stop me.
>>
>>47654652
Artifactory should be "You now possess".
>>
>>47655311
Damn it, his therapist is already rich enough.
>>
>>47655311
Who here forced Nunnaly to quit her stupid cripple act?
>>
>>47655354
If by that you mean "tipped over her wheelchair all the time", then yes.
>>
>>47655053
I spent basically the entirety of MCU fucking with people. Good Guys, Bad Guys. It doesn't fucking matter. I just trolled everyone.
I gave a Greentext version of me fucking with Shield and Loki during the events of The Avengers a while back.
>>
File: lelouch.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lelouch.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
>>47655311
Oh my god that's awesome
Especially with control freaks like him.

>>47655354
I didn't, I'm not good enough to perform gentle psychic surgery.
My Gardevoir, on the other hand, has a soft spot for woobies and helped her nearly the minute they met.
>>
>>47655395
Paste it!
>>
>>47655395
Oh, I remember that. That was funny.
>>
>>47655195
Let it slide down your throat hole

>>47655216
>>not using Jumper hax to make the perfect pancakes
beware of the waffle people

>>47655221
>Is it wrong that I want that to be a thing? Because I really do want a fighting game where you fight other mascots of fast food or a dynasty warrior game with Fast food mascots.
>>47655236
>No, I want it too. I'd main the Colonel.
>>47655269
>Shame the fast food companies won't come together to help and I doubt a gaming company is going to make it of good quality.
alternatively a fast food jump would be cool
>>
File: nightmare-shadowman.jpg (4 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
nightmare-shadowman.jpg
4 KB, 290x290
>>47655053
I usually just use shadow/fear perks to appear as a "mysterious herald of doom" in everyone's room and say cryptic and ofrebiding shit.

Poems, haiku, wild accusations at no one at all, demands for vengance you name it. I did it just to see what they would get from random rablings
>>
>>47655053
Definitely not the silliest, but it entertains me a lot.
A running gag between Swiss Army Wife and I is the "freckle past a hair" watch.
I look at my bare wrist when we need to tell the time, as she looks at an actual clock.
I then state the time she told me via hivemind.
It's dumb, but I have fun with it.

It also tips off every Batman I've met to the fact that we can communicate telepathically.

I also ruined the kinky hollow sex in Dark Souls by thinking the words, "Jerky Curtains."
>>
>>47655410
>Thinking I have it copied somewhere.
Bro I wrote that on the fly, and never saved it.

I'll try and remember the gist of it, give me a few minutes.
But the general idea for Shield was "mention shit I should have no way of knowing, then pretend I don't know what the fuck they are talking about.
Fucking with loki was "ask if Slepneir was a real event, or if the Norse were fucking perverts. Mention my "girlfriend" and "this loser who keeps trying to hit on her" "I think his name is Thanos or something". When loki reacted to the name thanos I said "Well let him know Lady-D said to leave her the fuck alone".
>>
>>47655053
Switching "functions" of two things while maintaining their form immediately.

Cameras are now guns

Guns are now cameras

Shit went crazy immediately

Selfies are banned forever
>>
>>47652677
You can wear the transformation belt stuff over your BioRider Form, since I kinda posit that Black RX's stuff and forms are more 'insintric' than the gear-based Drivers of Neo-heisei
You can't use two drivers at once though
>>
>>47655041
I rolled about the same for a set of three Modules starting with the Cataclysm and ending with the War of the Lance. So on the plus side, I'm going to be Level 100, but on the minus side, I don't know if there's going to be much me by the time I'm done.
>>
>>47655495
Found it. Want me to post it, Justiceanon?
>>
File: Laughter!.gif (2 MB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
Laughter!.gif
2 MB, 300x174
>>47655487
Oh man that's fantastic

>>47655538
That's a bit mean. Warranted, but still kinda mean.
How were video cameras affected? Flamethrowers? Or one shot per frame taken, and miniguns?
>>
>>47655684
Yes please. I've been searching for it. But I suck with the archive
>>
>>47655053
Replaced all the coffee at Beacon with chocolate
Replaced all hair products with pink dye
Left al calling card

Was already in grimm continent by sunrise.
>>
File: XS5LK.gif (883 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
XS5LK.gif
883 KB, 500x269
>>47655487
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q55iOY_olM
>>
>>47655730
The fun starts here: https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/38384622/#q38388861
I'll try to quote the lot:

>Go to MCU
>Get "Captured" by SHIELD
>Ask Fury about the Infinity Serum
>He has no idea
>"Huh, I Guess it doesn't exist in this timeline"
>"Timeline?"
>"What?"
>"What was that about timeline?"
>"What are you talking about? Time doesn't move in lines. It moves in circles. That is why clocks are round."

>Tony gets kidnapped
>Comes back
>You're still in SHIELD custody
>Talking with Fury
>"You know, Palladium Poisoning sucks. Can you imagine if that was spreading from right next to your heart? Ow"
>"How do you know about that?"
>"Know about what?"
>"Stark's poisoning"
>"Who's Stark? Like Eddard Stark? "Winter is Coming" and all that?"
>"Tony Stark!"
>"Who? I don't think I've ever heard of that name"
>"Then why bring up Palladium poisoning?"
>"It just crossed my mind is all"

>Thor Lands in New Mexico
>Still in Custody
>"You think Fafnir actually happened, or did sickos just make that up?"
>"What are you on about now?"
>"You know, Fafnir, Odin's six-legged horse. You think that actually happened?"
>"That's mythological, Odin doesn't exist"
>Non-commitmental noises

>Wait until Thor tries to pick up the hammer
>Start singing "It's Hammer Time" in your cell
>Stop singing when he fails
>Start singing again when he summons it to fight the robot thing

(to be continued)
>>
>>47655776
>I called Slepneir "Fafnir"
God damn it me.
>>
>>47655776
(continuing)

>Manage to convince him to let you help with the Avengers Initiative
>Hinting to Loki's arrival before hand is optional
>As are hints to knowing about Phase Two
>Get on the Carrier
>Ask Coulson how Lola is doing
>Talk to Tony about the make-up of his new Arc-Reactor
>Constantly hint at things people think only they know about
>Loki gets captured
>Go talk to him
>"So, Sleipnir a thing or did sickos make that up?"
>"What?"
>"You know, Sleipnir. That 8-legged horse human legends say you gave birth two."
>"I have never given birth you imbecile"
>"Really?" Stare down "You got wide hips for someone who hasn't given birth"
>He gets smug look "Is this some attempt to enrage me?"
>"Nah, that would be me mentioning you're a the forgotten son of Laufey"
>"WHAT!? How do you know that!"
>"Know what?"
>"About Laufey."
>"What are you talking about dude? I just asked you about Sleipnir. You feeling alright? Can Asgardians get sick?"

>Talk with Loki more
>He isn't talking back
>Just ramble on about things
>"And she tells me that Thanos is trying to seduce her!"
>His head snaps to you "What was that?"
>Frown "You weren't listening? I was telling you about this girl I've been seeing. There's this loser name Thanos who calls himself "The Mad Titan" who's been trying to seduce her."
>"I know of Thanos mortal, and he would not be interested in some human wretch"
>Tilt head "I never said she was human. Hell I never even said I was human."
>Walk out of the room, wave at him "Next time ya see him tell Thanos Lady D says she doesn't want him"
>This is regardless to whether or not I've managed to succeed in getting Lady Death's attentions.

>This is how my Drawback comes into play
>Really really badly
>>
>>47655804
I just thought it was part of the trolling that you were deliberately getting it wrong.
>>
>>47655818
No. I think I got corrected in the thread.
>>
>>47655053
Admittedly minor, I entered the Triwizard Tournament representing "Saint Vernon's Magical Academy for Wizard Shit"
Dumbles was not amused
>>
>>47655818
Got corrected back then
Posted this
>>38389342
>>38389352
You are correct. That's my fuck-up as an author.
I imagine you would get it right in-universe
Or fuck up on purpose just to annoy him more
Whichever
>>
File: 1465053337059.jpg (24 KB, 580x380) Image search: [Google]
1465053337059.jpg
24 KB, 580x380
>>47655776
>>47655806
>>47655804
> In SHIELD custody
> Not asking Nicky Nick Nick for a Big Kahuna burger.

And to think I loved you.
>>
More from that time.

>Actively work against Cap in WS
>Secretly replace all the guns on the killcarriers with sweet ass light guns and strobes
>Killcarriers lift off, death script starts running
>Suddenly lights, colorful lights everywhere
>Use jumper magic (tm) to pump awesome music out everywhere
>SHIELD gets reputation as the party agency
>HYDRA can't party that hardy
Victory... Sweet victory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ApQrbhQp8
Justiceanon !8FVFEBTVK2 Sun 01 Mar 2015 01:33:38 No.38390393 Report
>>38390354
This amuses me, I might steal it
But I'd find a way to out Hydra too
Place all honors of "stopping Hydra's plot" on Fury
Why?
Because I know being blamed for replacing the Guns with Strobe Lights of all things would annoy him

[I'm replying to the one with the link, obviously]
>>47655980
Is that a reference to something I'm not getting right now?
>>
>>47655990
>>Secretly replace all the guns on the killcarriers with sweet ass light guns and strobes
>>Killcarriers lift off, death script starts running
>>Suddenly lights, colorful lights everywhere
>>Use jumper magic (tm) to pump awesome music out everywhere

Oh gods, the looks on the Hydra leaders would be /fantastic/.
>>
File: where did it go.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
where did it go.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>47655990
> Is that a reference to something I'm not getting right now?
> Big Kahuna Burger

I have never been so disappointed in my life. The answer is yes.

Hint: Nick's partner shot Marvin in the face.
>>
>>47656039
I know right? That's why I stole the idea from anon.

Hell the Look on Cap and Nat's faces would be glorious when they realize all the shit they've been pulling was for basically nothing.

And Fury. Ah his pure annoyance because he will KNOW who did this.
>>
>>47656056
>Pulp fiction.
No. Not referencing that. I'm not going Deadpool tier "reference other movies the actors are in".

I'm referencing shit I shouldn't be capable of knowing, or shit from another version of Marvel.
>>
File: Kon ears.gif (189 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
Kon ears.gif
189 KB, 250x150
>>47655990

A fictional tale Samuel played in, that involved a lot of meat getting pulped.
>>
File: twin peaks crying.gif (980 KB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
twin peaks crying.gif
980 KB, 245x263
>>47656071
> Not going full meta

Why must you hurt me so.
>>
File: 1457746799289.gif (953 KB, 330x300) Image search: [Google]
1457746799289.gif
953 KB, 330x300
>>47656100
Damn, he already got it.
I'm was too slow.
>>
>>47656135
Because the point was to be an annoying bastard who always knows things he shouldn't know.
Not to go full meta.

I go full meta in some other jumps when fucking with people, but in MCU the joke was just being that one asshole who seemed to know everything.
>>
>>47656100
Those ears must be petted and have air blown into them.
>>
>>47656071
You should do both.

Breaking the fourth wall is the best damn thing.
>>
>>47654652
> Irisony (100CP - Requires Ocular Angst) The
change to your eyes effects your vision in a manner
befitting their shape.
... so what would that do if I said my eyes were slit like a cat's?
>>
>>47655704
>How were video cameras affected? Flamethrowers? Or one shot per frame taken, and miniguns?
video cameras with miniguns
>>
>>47656203
Lose color vision.
>>
>>47656203
You see yourself as a pussy.
>>
>>47654453
Ooh, I just noticed Hireling is free for Drop In. *yoink*

Also now going to take Scales In Balance. Pretty much thinking I'll find myself in Taladas to adventure with the glass sailors, afterwards get drawn across the sea to Sanction in time for Scales In Balance, and from there get caught up in the adventure of Our Hero.

>>47654652
What does the "11th" mean in "11th: Our Hero"? 11th hour? 11th party member?

>>47656231
Actually cat vision has colour, it's just not the same as humans. http://www.livescience.com/40459-what-do-cats-see.html
>>
>>47656164
Apart from the insanity/4th wall drawbacks and the Courage the Cowardly Dog et al perks, I do it on the off chance that someone is actually reading/watching my adventures in some other universe.

Imagine a whole world where the media has jumpers breaking the 4th wall everywhere.
>>
>>47656316
>Pedant thinks I don't know.
I chose to express it in the simplest and most commonly understood way. I am aware that cats simply lack one type of cone that humans possess.
>>
>>47656203
Superior night vision, lessened ability to make out fine details, and it'd be blurry around the edges.

>>47656231
Just the color red, actually.
All mammals can see green and blue, but only primates have the mutation that returned the ability to see red.
>>
>>47656352
See >>47656343
>>
>>47656352
>drawback
>gives superior vision
Not sure you know how this works.
>>
>>47656325
There are perks that turn your Adventures into a series of books, movies, vidya, and TV shows.
In various different jumps, so it's not a bad idea at all.

I just didn't want to do it for Marvel. It wasn't the joke I was going for.

Though more than a small amount of my "4th wall break" stuff mostly involves looking at "the camera" and making an expression for "the viewers"
>>
>>47656343
> I am aware that cats simply lack one type of cone that humans possess.
>>
>>47656381
Only at night. And your fine detail perception is fucked.
>>
File: Naruto jump keikaku.png (34 KB, 505x655) Image search: [Google]
Naruto jump keikaku.png
34 KB, 505x655
Anyone used Tropes to play around in settings?

>Be me
>Be RWBY Jump
>Take Faunus extra as Ram
>I figth against furry BLM boss
>LEEEEROOOOOY JEEEEEEEN--
>Shanked in the stomach by edgier Vergil
>Eyes go wide
>Arms freeze as if trying to grab his head
>Mouth slack
>Slowly look down
>Consider that we must've been like that for like half a minute
>Keikaku Douri
>Regen, shaeshifting and biokinesis perks make it painless, safe, and keep sword stuck.
>Grab his head and smash head against his mask repeatidely
>Mask breaks
>Nose breaks
>Teeth break
>Forehead bleeding
>Mouth bleeding
>Adam gets arrested
>Still get chewed out for using my head like a battering ram
>Fucking bigot drawback.
>>
>>47656415
>Anyone used Tropes to play around in settings?

Is there a trope for bears.

Because I find that they're a recurring nemesis in my chain. From the Ursaring that tried to kill me for cooked Magikarp in Pokémon, to the Beartic I had troubles with in PMD, to the Bear Faunus I fought at the festival in RWBY, to fucking Lord Arctos in Redwall.
>>
>>47656503
You didn't spoiler this time.
>>
>>47656535
CURSES.

FOILED BY SLEEP DEPRIVED BRAIN FUCK-UPS.
>>
>>47654652

>buy Mount
>use Hireling perk to turn Mount into Companion.
>Artax lives!

>Jumpchain becomes The Adventures Of Artax.
>>
File: sebastian is got trolled.jpg (63 KB, 600x773) Image search: [Google]
sebastian is got trolled.jpg
63 KB, 600x773
>>47656561
It's okay anon, I'm sure you're a fuck up normally.
>>
>>47656561
Is it hard to type with just one hand?
>>
>>47656503
That's a recurring theme, he was using the "Stab-timestop" trope in which a character is stabbed by another, then those two proceed to stay still for a few seconds, with the stabee holding a shocked impresion before falling off.

I this case, he invoked ths trope so he could get within grabing distance to use his superstrength on Adam, and to eliminate the sword from the equation by having it stuck in hi torso.
>>
>>47656592
daily basis.

>>47656603
Not that difficult surprisingly.

>>47656624
Fair enough, fair enough, although in hindsight I remember seeing a buncha shit listed as "tropes" that should've been listed as other things, so I may've been drawing from that memory.
>>
>>47656415
I say out loud "what could possibly go wrong" at any opportunity i have.

You woulnt believe the trainig you can get.
>>
File: antismileral.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
antismileral.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
>>47656503
I hope you're BEARy preBEARED for this unBEARABLE BEAR of a battle!

>>47655053
Something we do in basically any world where we don't feel meaningfully invested in the major conflict:

Start up a mysterious restaurant that just sort of teleports from place to place. Serving impossibly delicious food from across the multiverse at very reasonable prices. Interior decor ranges from the baroque to the empyrean to the distinctly non-euclidean, but is always classy as can be. The drinks list includes everything from ambrosia to distilled dreams. There's a few arcade games over in the corner, including Ocean Hunter Guitar Dance Revolution 3-D: A light shooter where you defeat sea monsters by dancing and playing the guitar.

Many a protagonist, villain or just someone in the wrong place and time has stumbled into our restaurant and eaten the best meal of their life, only to never be able to find it again.

Well, we gave Rincewind a second meal on the house. If only because he'd earned it, and because really-what else are we going to use all those potatoes conjured out of nothing for?
>>
>>47656503
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BearsAreBadNews
>>
>>47656890
Less having tropes around, and more like using show's logic to your advantage.

Pic used the "evil guy explodes after absorving too much eneergy" to convince everyone he was dead, anon did what>>47656624 said

And I interrupt myself mid-speech in anime worlds to sneak a ligthingbolt.
>>
>>47651989
Encode your shit into DNA.
5 petabits per cubic millimeter.
>>
>>47657013
Prone to mutation and corruption.
>>
>>47657031
Yeah, but at that information density you can afford enough redundancy to keep it from mattering much.
>>
>>47656975
>>47656890

Honestly, reason I mentioned the bears was because I can't really remember a time when I actually HAVE abused tropes to my advantage.

Damn, let me look through my chain real quick.

>>47656760
AUGH
AAAAAAUUUUUGH
>>
>>47657031
It won't mutate if you store it where no ionizing radiation will hit. And honestly it'll probably be less corrupted then any regular data storage.
>>
>>47657078
I abused DND logic by building a giant dungeon full of treasure to attract adventurers and hired them to fight my enemies if they made it the bottom.
>>
File: Kon snug 2.jpg (68 KB, 900x620) Image search: [Google]
Kon snug 2.jpg
68 KB, 900x620
Last post of the early morning.

>>47656173
That's half the fun of taking a Waifu with you into CATastrophe. Delicious fluffy poof ears, for comfy touching on either end. And some fluffy tails aren't bad at all....

>>47656382
>Adventures into a series of books, movies, vidya, and TV shows

I use them to keep my Companions entertained while they wait in the Warehome.
They seem like they might get bored without it.

I'm going to bed.
>>
Hey, Jumpchain! I distinctly remember a perk somewhere that let's you talk to trees. Was it in Origin: Spirits of the Past, or no? If it's another jump, which one was it?
>>
>>47657475
Why talk to trees when you could talk to breasts?
>>
>>47657475
Buffyverse has Green Tongue
>>
>>47657475
Ironically, no, it's not in Origin. There's a perk that lets you give plants consciousness, but no ability to speak to un-augmented plants.
>>
>>47657523

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GswaFvEwkH8
>>
For a Gravity Falls Journal Entry, would Technopathy be a Minor Ability, or a Moderate Ability?
>>
>>47657619
Depends on the extent of it.
>>
>>47654652

Dragonlance
> Where: Plains of Dust [Rolled11] (5/6)
> When: The Graygem & The War of Chaos, 381 AC [Rolled13] (6/7)
> Class: Rogue [-50CP]
> Race: Gnome [-50CP]
> Alignment Choice: Chaotic Neutral
> Tall Enough [Get a Freebie!]
> Artifactory [-400CP]
> Hireling: Kuolema [-100CP]
> Footpad [Get a Freebie!]
> Lucky In Loot [-300CP]
> Gnomish Tinker [-200CP]
> Parts, Parts, & More Parts [-100CP]
> Forge [-200CP]
> Inn [-200CP]
> Bracelet of Spell Resistance [-200CP]
> Ocular Angst: Cat's Eye [Get a Freebie!]
> Prologue Peril (x4) [Rolled3] [+200CP]
> Module: Black Roses Never Wither [+200CP]
> Module: 40000 Things I Hate About You [+400CP]

LAST TIME, ON DRAGON LANCE K
> Konata: "I'm gonna steal the Graygem, and use it to make the ULTIMATE MATERIA!"
> Chaos: "WAITWAITWAIT. Before you do that, howsabout this: what if you help me instead?"
> Konata: "... why would I do that."
> Chaos: "Because the gods are dicks. Also, I can make it so that you're considered a friend to All Chaos. And you get CP!"
> Konata: "... yeah okay sure why not."
> Chaos: "... are you seriously spending my CP boon on an Inn and Forge."
> Konata: "Yeah, why? ... What's wrong with that?"
> Chaos: "It's just weird."

So, I cracked open this gem thingy and now I'm at war with the gods.
And also a bunch of D&D heroes, but I bought that laser satellite from Negima so...

That's fun.
This is fun.

Hey, did you know Chaos doesn't give a shit if you do world breaking science experiments?! It's fun!
>>
>>47657762
A range of maybe 10 to 20 meters, limited to technology that can actual send and receive information, like modems, cellphones, walkie-talkies, etc. No special ability to bypass security systems except for what'd I'd be capable of normally. Maybe the ability access the Internet freely in places that it would be possible for an ordinary router/modem to do so.
>>
>>47657814
Chaos does care if your robots do anything productive though.
>>
Was someone making a Danmachi jump?
>>
>>47657912
yes
>>
>>47654652
I have a dumb question. I know it's a bit of a crossover but it originated from Tinker gnomes who made it to spelljammer can I steal the secrets of making giant space hamsters? There are worlds that need trolling and I think creating herds of giant f fire-breathing phase doppelganger space hamsters would be a beautiful way to do so. Just a little something should I ever end up in Warhammer 40k
>>
File: Izumi.Konata.full.630370.jpg (176 KB, 785x720) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.Konata.full.630370.jpg
176 KB, 785x720
>>47657888
I don't really see why I would do that, though. Seems counter-intuitive to Chaos's whole murderspree.
I have absolutely no illusions about what he's about. I looked the Chaos War up back when I made my first build and landed right on top of it.

My original plan, back then, was to get the Graygem, turn it into Materia or something, and then spend the entire jump in the desert doing research with Kuolema.
I don't really care about Dragonlance and find many of its plot decisions to be rather dumb.

But now I get stuff for helping knock it down like a sandcastle! Let's go all in! I'll make a blasted Mordor hellscape and have patrols and a bunch of scrying eyes and it'll be cool. There'll be a bigass tower in the middle of it like Kefka's tower, and I'll blast people with orbital lasers.

Maybe I'll finally make use of some of those Adversary perks I got from Actraiser! It's not often I get to play the role of destroyer! This'll be a͘͡͞ g̴͠r̵̨e̶̷̕at ̨͞͡e̕x͡͡p҉͢͝er͠͡i͘m̢̢e͠͠n̢t.
>>
>Jump 31: Highschool DxD
>Queen of Pentacles, reversed (A cold but generous host, driven by an overwhelming need for to accumulate and maintain opulence.)
Now if that doesn't sum up what you'd expect a demon to be, I don't know what does. I think this is going to end up as more along the lines of who I'm answering to, rather than how the jump goes, though.
>Age: 15
>Faction: Free Choice (Sub-Terrestrial, Devil Origin)
Ah, the dice are kind to me tonight.
>Location: Kuoh Academy
>Drawbacks: White Dragon (+200)
You know what? I think I'd end up killing that thing eventually anyway. So what if I have to play keep-away? I have a bottomless gun that can kill anything and everything. And make it STAY dead.
>Demonic (Free, Sub-Terrestrial)
This is the last jump I could find with an option to be a vampire without death being a part of the equation. Well, except Sims, but that's just not happening.
>Demonic Wings (Free, Devil)
Well, it never hurts to have another pair of wings, I suppose. By now I probably look like some sort of demonic Simurgh. Driiiiink!
>Familiar (Free, Devil)
Hm. I think a crow would be fitting for that.
>Contract? (Free, Devil)
Are we going to make a contract on the bed?
>Class: Pawn (800)
Weakest piece on the board, is it? Wait 'til they get a load of me.
>Sacred Gear: Sword Birth (500, Pawn discount)
"I am the bone of my sward. ...why yes, I am in fact mispronouncing it just to annoy you."
>Sacred Gear: Forbidden Balor View (200, Pawn discount)
ZA WARUDO. Pity I didn't get this sooner.
>Robes of the Cultist (0)
Now all I need to do is incorporate this into my longcoat, and I'll be set, no?

I have no idea what the implications of showing up are going to be, but I feel as though this is going to be hilarious. And if I'm lucky, maybe I can slap Issei upside his head (despite him being, apparently, two years older than I) and make him not act like such a jackass while he goes trying to build his harem.
>>
>>47658392
Just stab everyone important. It's one of those settings.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.