[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: PZO1134.jpg (251 KB, 802x1000) Image search: [Google]
PZO1134.jpg
251 KB, 802x1000
Pathfinder General /pfg/

So now that the dust has settled, what's your opinion on UI?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Previous thread: >>47640407
>>
How good is Evangelist? How important is wisdom to an Evangelist? Clerics are really lacking on skill ranks to be honest.
>>
>>47650834
Miffed they cut Tailful Polymorph
>>
>>47650834
I AM THE MASKED BANDITO, RODRIGO. CONTAIN YOUR SEQUELS OF EXCITEMENT.

We know Tomas, you have revealed yourself three times. And my name is Roger.

VAMOS LUCHA!

Hes really a nice guy when the mask comes off. Now about that reward....
>>
Which of the vigilante archetypes are best at Intrigue? A campaign is starting out with the party having been captured by a band of hobgoblins. Could it be possible for me to maintain my secret identity? Is there a way for me to not be unmasked? Perhaps bolting my mask onto my face.
>>
>>47650834
Sad that I have not stated out the Pathfinder Avengers yet.
>>
>>47650860
What? And why?
>>
>>47650834
Vigilante was a shockingly awful concept with shockingly good execution.

Stealth errata to teleportation was dumb. Reminders that Detect Alignment spells are literally nonfunctional at best, or hilariously abusable at worse was hilarious.
>>
>>47650860
This meme needs to stop.
>>
>>47650834
Pretty much what I expected. A book full of stuff that will never see use, except for a small handful spells and archetypes.
>>
>>47650834
The vigilante's social and vigilante talent spread should have been the unchained fighter.
>>
>>47650834
UI was a mess of a framework with a lot of disappointments (Warlock and magical child reee).

Inner Sea Intrigue, lewd stuff aside, introduced a bunch of cooler things that made the framework more tolerable.
>>
File: 1449876335178.jpg (139 KB, 681x1173) Image search: [Google]
1449876335178.jpg
139 KB, 681x1173
Is there any way for a brutal slayer bushi stalker to get Wis on Perform, as well as Stealth? You can Perform -> Dex with Agile Dancer, and either skill -> Wis with Wisdom in the Flesh, but I'm greedy and unreasonable.

Even if you take Agile Dancer, you can still use Charisma so long as it's higher, so anything that swaps from Dex or Charisma to Wisdom would work, although I'll probably need to bite the bullet on Additional Traits if there is indeed a solution. Which is fine, the fourth Trait can be a discipline swap or Reactionary. Fair deal.

>>47650860
>Tailful Polymorph
>You may also optionally choose to add, improve, alter, or remove other animalistic features in the same way as a tail. If an animalistic feature other than a tail is removed, rather than vanishing entirely, it changes to resemble that of an average human. For example, removing the animalistic feature of a catfolk’s ears would change that catfolk’s ears to resemble human ears

And STAY gone.

>pic related
For knightanon.
>>
>>47650893
>CONTAIN YOUR SEQUELS OF EXCITEMENT.
>SEQUELS

I doubt you'll make enough at the box office.
>>
>>47651023
I've been hearing a lot of claims about how Vigilante is better than both base Rogue and base Fighter at their jobs, has anyone got any proper builds or examples to back it up?
>>
>>47650853
>Clerics are really lacking on skill ranks to be honest.

Have you considered the Cardinal?
>>
>>47650834
Mostly garbage. Overly-complicated, poorly formatted garbage... but overly complicated and poorly formatted is nothing new for Pathfinder.

There are a few good ideas in there, but honestly at this point it's easier to just disallow it and not have to deal with the hassle of the shit stuff that's also in there.
>>
>>47651124
Do you even need a build?

Why it's better than Fighter: Same BAB and Sneak Attacks.

Why it's better than Rogue: Weaker Sneak Attacks, but same BAB as Fighter, so not instantly useless against undead or when denied a flanking bonus.
>>
File: 2hu Fit to Burst.gif (39 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
2hu Fit to Burst.gif
39 KB, 230x230
>>47651041
>Warlock will never be a standalone class
>Paizo will probably never redo the archetype to make the mystic bolts not have garbage scaling
>they will also never release new talents or items to bandaid fix that piss-poor scaling

I like the vigilante archetype for it, but it's underwhelming and half baked at best. Too bad homebrewing it as a standalone class is redundant. NOT THAT IT'S GONNA STOP ME.
>>
>>47650834
God bless that one feat that replaces combat expertise. I told a dirty trick fighter in my group about it and his face was like a toddler on Christmas Morning.
>>
I need a character concept for a group that has every base covered, 25-PB with gestalt and Paizo only material.

I'm thinking of going with a dorky Tiefling (Demon-Spawn) Warpriest/Paladin with terrible fashion sense because he rolled "no reflection" on the alternate Tiefling traits.

He also practices his heroic entrances in front of the mirror.
>>
>>47651146
...What?
It sounds like you've read even less of the class than I have.
Reread Vigilante Specialization. You need to CHOOSE between sneak attacks or full BAB. You can't get both.
>>
>>47651124
Build it as you would build a fighter... with more skill points to burn.
>>
>>47651104
wait was tailful poloymorph actually a thing?

jesus christ pathfinder every time i turn around and leave you unsupervised you let feral furries in to track mud all over my fucking game.
>>
>>47651230
No, it was a joke posted in here on April 1st.
>>
>>47651161
Do it anon, that sounds hilarious. Maybe take Stunning Irruption to Dynamic Entry into fights.
>>
>>47651124
>>47651146
Why it's better than base fighter
>Avenger gives you the same BAB and the same, if not even more, feats than a fighter will ever have
>and some of those feats also come with special bonuses tacked onto them JUST BECAUSE
>Sure you have a d8 HD but guess what?
>YOU GET SKILLS, NIGGA, AND YOU GET OTHER SHIT FOR THINGS THAT AREN'T COMBAT
>Bawww, you lost your good fort save, but you now have a good Reflex AND Will save
>if you're building a fighter you probably have 14-16 Con anyway, and shit should probably be dead before it even gets to attack you
>ghetto armor training to let you move at full speed in medium and heavy armor
>>
>>47650853
The archetype is hella good, and if you're not using any save based spells you only really *need* enough wis to cast your spells, but in practice you'll want a few bonus spells too.
>>
>>47651250
Beat me to posting it, and with alot less words.
>>
>>47651125
I would, however Bardic Performance is conceptually powerful in the setting for some reason (it holds a lot of religious significance). So I was trying to grab it.
>>
>>47651250
Okay, that makes sense.
But harder question now: is Vigilante worth choosing over a properly archetyped fighter, maybe with weapon/armor master's handbook stuff?
>>
>>
For a hidden blade, would it be worth taking the first 3 levels as a psyarm? Could/should I take the blade skill to finesse the panoply and get damage later? It seems like spreading between dex, int, wis, and con is a bad way to do things
>>
>>47651347
Why finesse at all when you can just go full Wis?
>>
>>47651347
>Finesse the panoply

I don't think that's possible? Which skill are you thinking of?
In general that sounds like a mess of a build even so.
>>
>>47651239
And it's still here? In JUNE? Christ, I've known CHILDREN who died faster than that.
>>
Can I just ban the fighter and have the players choose pow classes?
The myrmidon will be available however
>>
>>47651161

Why not go with a Vigilante?
>>
>>47651364
I don't see how I would have any sort of defenses with no heavy armor or high dex to ac/reflex, and I'm already using int for the initiating on rogue.

>>47651383
Last I checked the finesse bladeskill wasn't blacklisted for psyarm, though that was in the playtest.
>>
>>47651239
thank god. seriously though pathfinder has an oddly high amount of furry/scalie player options/
>>
So my sorcerer has suddenly found himself owner of half a dozen cloud giant corpses who can apparently wield weapons one size larger than usual. Normally I would not consider these candidate for undead minions since he's on the pacifist side and avoids raising good aligned sapients. But on the off chance that they turn out to be the evil kind I wanted to check a ruling about weapons one step larger.

Cloud giants can apparently wield gargantuan sized weapons without penalty so I'm thinking four bloody skeletons armed with longspears marching phalanx style. Anyways, do larger weapons benefit increased reach or is the threatened range based on the wielders size and not the weapon?
>>
>>47651435
That's pretty fair, Warlord and Warder essentially do the jobs almost any fighter build could do, but better.

Do leave a small caveat that people can play fighter if they somehow make a really impressive build even without Myrmidon, though.
>>
>>47651466
>Anyways, do larger weapons benefit increased reach or is the threatened range based on the wielders size and not the weapon?
The latter.
>>
>>47651466
Wielder's size.
>>
>>47651317
Social Talents, an archetypes fighter is still severely lacking in out of combat abilities.
>>
>>47651466
Which way do you think it works?

Wrong. It works the dumb way.

That Collosal++++++++++ sized sword? Yeah, if you can acquire the ability to wield it, a standard human can swing it at zero issue in a 5ft corridor.
>>
>>47651341
Fucking googly eyes man
>>
>>47651490
I like that caveat because some people can do some dumb shit with a Fighter.
>>
Is there a way to add released undead back to your CLx4 animate dead control pool?
>>
>>47651124
and just because my last one summed it up nicely, I guess why it's better than the base rogue:
>Your sneak attacks are gimped, but in most cases you'll probably have about the same results
>Oh no you have fewer skills, but you also get a FUCKTON MORE TALENTS
>most of those fucktons of talents are also way more useful than the shit a rogue gets
>seriously what the fuck is this bullshit
>you can even jack a rogue talent if it's any good
>unchained rogue gets finesse and dex-to-damage for free, but you at least have your talent for finesse and ghetto half-level-to-damage thing if you want to do that, too
>GOOD WILL SAVE MOTHERFUCKER
>dual identity is kind of pointless, but you can use it for some nifty shit instead of pretending to be a superhero
>>
>>47651527
There are barely any good social talents. I was just looking over the list and trying to see what I would pick from levels 1-11.

>Level 1
The fact all the interesting talents either need Renown or 5th level means you're practically forced into taking Renown here.
And Renown on its own is useless apart from as a selective Skill Focus (Intimidate); everything else should be a roleplay reward rather than a mechanic. I particularly dislike the implication that if you're in a party with a vigilante it might mean nobody else is allowed to become as famous as them, because they spent class features on it.

>Level 3
Dunno, either Celebrity Discount or Safe House?
Safe house is okay but it's essentially just a roleplaying reward and can be replicated by coating the walls with lead. Celebrity Discount is hardly special on its own.

>5
Mockingbird is actually good. This one I'll give it. Probably the best choice here. The Many Guises chain is also okay but Mockingbird and other talent taxes mean you're probably putting them off until later.

>7
Quick change. This is pretty much a talent tax, forcing you to buy something you should have been able to get already.

>9
Subjective Truth: Also a tax. You get dual identity as a class feature, you shouldn't need to spend another class feature to stop a simple spell from foiling it.

>11
I guess you get Many Guises/Everyman now when even 6th-level casters have had disguise/alter self months ago, and a hat of disguise is only 2000gp?

There's really nothing that special here.
>>
>>47651632
No, but you can grab them with the spell Command Undead or the channeling feat Command Undead.

Yeah, I don't know why Paizo gave them both the same name either.
>>
I am aware that it is generally a terrible way to do things, but how would one optimize a "tank"?

Paladin gets self heals, cha to saves, smite to ac and damage, and some other goodies. Warpriest gets all of the feats, swift action self casts, also has self heals, and is a 6th level caster...

How would you also make the "tank" not just a waste of a party slot? Step up and strike is probably a good feat chain to ensure that enemy casters can't cast well...
>>
>>47651762
Problem with those is that you need to spend talents to get stuff rogue gets as default.
>Want pseudo dex to damage? Spend a talent
(Also this is still worse low levels and doesn't let you dump STR)
>Want evasion? Spend a talent
>Want ranged sneak attack? Spend a talent
>Uncanny dodge? Talent

You need to spend almost half your vigilante talents to do all this stuff a rogue has by default. In the meantime, the rogue gets four extra rogue talents with their equivalent features.
>>
>>47651840
W A R D E R
A
R
D
E
R
>>
>>47651806
The reason so many of them feel like must-picks or taxes is because during the playtest, Social Talents weren't picked the way Vigilante talents were; they were class features, you just got what you got, at the level you got it. People complained, and in a rare fit of listening to their consumers, Paizo changed it. But only enough to add an illusion of choice, not ACTUAL choices. Don't be crazy.
>>
>>47651840
It highly depends what you mean by "tank". If you want damage mitigation/effect mitigation Zealots are BY FAR the best at it (if DSP is allowed). Using their other abilities allows them to support and keep enemies in place (using eternal guardian and grabbing a debuff heavy discipline like cursed razor).

As a creation zealot you will outheal and outlast every other class by a wide margin once combat begins. If you're a destruction zealot you'll be able to do that nearly as well but also outbuff the bard.

Zealots are a very strong choice for "tanks". Choose strikes that impair movement and counters that allow you to help other's make saves & negate hits.

When it comes to making a party durable a properly build zealot outclasses literally every other class, DSP or Paizo.
>>
>>47651872
>not letting you dump a stat into oblvion
>while still not making you MAD
>bad thing
>>
>>47651903
>but also outbuff the bard.
POW IS BALANCED GUISE I SWARE
>>
>>47651897
Zealot does it better.
>>
>>47651930
>this meme

PoW full initiators are all just outright superior to other classes. Optimized casters can beat them but nothing else can.

They should be tagged with CR +1 or something.
>>
>>47651897
>>47651903
no 3rd party material.

>>47651930
>>47651934
pls no. No more PoW balance arguments.

Warpriest gets access to disruptive, and besides that I don't see many ways to make a caster have a hard time apart from grappling them. Am I missing anything?
>>
>>47651957
Guy, you forgot your name.
>>
So, have there been any changes to the Spheres of Power: Alterations book to make it, well steal less from other spheres?
A link would be appreciated because I lost that tab.
>>
>>47651948
>CR +1 or something.
Try CR+4. Not even joking.
>>
>>47651930
Zealots blow bards out of the water honestly. Zealots do skills very well as well due to the ability to aid another themselves and add zeal intensity to it. Essentially it's a floating +2-6 to any skill. Their collective is very useful for communication over distances and silently. Using stances they get plenty of OOC abilities and with strikes they get combat versatility.

They outbuff a bard and outfight an inquisitor simultaneously.
>>
>>47651948
They're equal to 6 partial casters. ALL full casters can beat them, and handily out of battle, though optimization level determines who wins in combat for either side.
>>
>>47651957
Again what do you want out of a "tank"?

Do you want threat management? Damage mitigation? Something else. Specify and we might be able to help.
>>
>>47651980
CR +1 is a measure of level, not for what they can punch at.
>>
>>47651983
In combat I can not see most initiators (especially zealots) losing to a caster. The cast most likely will be forced to flee. This is due to skill replace save counters. Saving throws become meaningless to zealots as they can simply choose to pass several because skills scale much more readily than saving throw bonuses.

Not every spell the caster will throw is a "you lose" button. With spellcraft they can identify then pick & choose.

Out of combat is where full casters really shine because of utility spells. In combat outside of edge cases (dominate is one such edge case as it is simply a broken spell) initiators do very well.

I'm using the argument of fighting an enemy with class levels because that does happen very often.
>>
>>47651965
No I didn't.

And can we please avoid the PoW argument? Lets stick to pazioshit only.

>>47652009
In short: yes.

A player joined one of my games and is rocking a 30 AC at level 8, playing as a paladin. His damage output is pitiful, but I didn't really realize how effective a passive defense like that is until I saw it in action. Any turn a monster spent attacking him was a complete waste, and he was good at positioning as to make himself a constant thorn in the monsters side.

The primary goals are AC, Saves, and self healing. Thus probably a paladin or war-priest. I would also like some offensive power, although it need not be HP damage. I was thinking of going for sword+board and seeing how well I could make shield-based TWF work, but that might be a stupid idea. Reach+disruptive+step up and strike might also be an option.
>>
>>47652050
CR+1 is inaccurate, because a baseline fighter with a bow still rapes PoW stuff at combat.

>>47652060
>No I didn't
In that case fuck off you filthy kike, nobody wants you here.
>>
>>47651812
Seems like a huge risk when one area greater dispel magic can fuck your shit up.
>>
>>47651965
Retard detected
>>
>>47652067
>lies, lies and more lies
Just because you claim it doesn't' make it true.
>>
>>47652067
>CR+1 is inaccurate, because a baseline fighter with a bow still rapes PoW stuff at combat.
Wat? How do you figure this? At all?
>>
>>47652067
I want him here. Also, prove that a bow fighter can beat a PoW character, cocksucker. Especially because PoW can do ranged.
>>
>>47652097
Rapid shot, manyshot, weapon training, iterative attacks, Gloves of Dueling, Bracers of Falcon's Aim, Archer Fighter. Composite longbow. Sit in place, full attack every round. You will outdamage the hell out of PoW as they rely on strikes.
>>
>>47652060
Could also look into Archon Style, the second feat in the chain allows you to force an attack against an adjacent ally to go against you and your AC instead. Especially good if you're protecting a caster from AoOs or readied actions.
>>
>>47652132
PoW character takes the same, uses boosts to augment full attacks, and wins. There are at least two ranged disciplines.
>>
>>47652060
Be a half orc war priest, use favored class bonus to grab the human one for bonus feats. As a half orc grab Sacred Tattoo for luck to saves then get fate's favored. Get a familiar somehow and make it a protector. It gives you essentially 50% more health because of constant shield another. Make it a small familiar and keep it under your armor.

Warpriests natively do self healing so that isn't a problem. AC is something that can be optimized in many ways. For now get a set of mithril full plate if you're set of TWF. You should know however that TWF is both feat and money heavy due to the need for agile weapons and TWF feats. I would suggest instead moderate Dex and grab shape changing spells to garner natural armor for AC instead of dex armor.
>>
>>47652132
You realize that a PoW character can do the same thing, but then get +10 damage on every hit with a boost. There are full attacking ranged manuvers that literally are "You full attack AND do even more damage".

Literally everything you posted is available to a PoW character in addition to more things.
>>
>>47652132
>rapid shot, manyshot, iterative attacks, bracers of falcon's aim, composite longbow
All can also be used by a PoWer so it's a wash
>weapon training, gloves of dueling
Alright, so an innate +6 to attacks/damage, that's one thing the fighter has over PoW. PoW also has boosts, strikes, and stances which can probably equal that, so it's a wash
>archer fighter
Replaces all instances of weapon training with not!weapon training for bows, so it doesn't count.
>>
File: Fighter Archer (12th Fighter).pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fighter Archer (12th Fighter).pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47652132
Do you know who I am?

I don't know how to put this, but, I'm kind of a big deal...

People know me.

I'm very important.

I have many leather bound books...and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

I also post builds.
>>
>>47652231
Are you arguing for or against PoW archers being weaker than fighter archers? I honestly can not tell at this point.
>>
File: Fighter Archer.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fighter Archer.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47652231
>fucked up the file
of course I did.

Here is the better one. This thing shits all over any level approprate encounter, and is not even 3/4th of the damage output a POW character can deliver. The POW character also has way better defenses, skills, etc.

>>47652161
Knew about the orc thing, but the agile TWF is new to me. I was thinking of doing TWF with a shield, but am worried that it's just not feasable.

Self buffing with shapechanging spells is a good idea. thanks.
>>
Quick question. Whats the easiest way of inflicting Curse of the Ages on myself?
>>
>>47651105
We are just happy someone saw it.
>>
>>47652231
>>47652279
Name him you fuck
It's the first field come on
>>
File: our fighter.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
our fighter.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>47652368
>>
Can you get a 9th level maneuver as a non full initiator ala primal disciple?
>>
>>47652430
Yes. Take Advanced Study at level 17.
>>
>>47652430
Yup, via advanced study or PRCs
>>
>>47650834
>"So, I got my new character ready. He's an Antipaladin 2/Dual-Cursed Oracle 1/Cross-Blooded Sorcerer 1/Eldritch Scion Magus 6"
What's your reaction, /pfg/ ?
>>
>>47652621
"You can't play an antipaladin."
>>
>>47652621
I said Psionic Manifesters+Alchemist only for casting classes.
>>
>>47652621

I would have to look at the bills and then I would still force them to take the archetype that makes them lawful evil instead.

It also depends on the player in question.
>>
File: howhorrifying.png (76 KB, 302x348) Image search: [Google]
howhorrifying.png
76 KB, 302x348
It seems the character uses some weird interactions to be horribly broken, or the player has no idea what he's doing. Either way, pic related.
>>
File: 1445979798221.jpg (291 KB, 554x769) Image search: [Google]
1445979798221.jpg
291 KB, 554x769
>>47652200
Bracers of falcons aim got nerfed, nerd.
>>
>>47652621
Cross-blooded sorc 1 makes me think he's either doing blasting or mind-affecting stuff. Antipaladin 2 is for Cha to saves and maybe some mind-affecting stuff. Dual-cursed oracle... more spells and/or status resistances? Magus seems to be the core. Blasting?

I'd ask what he was trying to achieve and probably suggest he focus his build, since it seems fairly spread out at the moment.
>>
>>47652758
>paying attention to Paizo's bullshit
>>
>>47652758
lolwow

really?

Because they were a problem, and simulacrum isn't...

>>47652763
He is probably trying to get his CHA to stack on as many thigns as possible. AC, Saves, Initative, etc...
>>
>First time GMING
>Trying to make interesting encounters
>Everything that is CR1 seems like it would be instantly slaughtered. For example the standard CR1 encounter could be a single Wolf, which could easily be killed before ever getting off an attack if it rolled low on initiative.
>But some things are fucking crazy like bear traps, which are CR1, but do 2d6+3 damage on a +10 to hit, which is more than enough to instantly KO most D8 and lower HD classes

Someone help I have no idea what I'm doing I just want my players to have fun
>>
>>47652763
Ηis build is an unholy mishmash that gets CHA to saves (Antipaladin) , AC and Initiative (Oracle), extra damage per die of Shocking Grasp (Crossblooded Sorc) and works as a Magus with Eldritch Scion. My point was that I literally don't fucking know how to react to this kind of character, beyond "haha, NO".
>>
>>47652784
Aren't you Mister First Party around here? AKA all you use is Paizo's bullshit?
>>
>>47652804
Honestly: let him.

The worst that could happen is that he is a magus who isn't squishy as fuck. He has lost 5 levels of spell progression, so things like dimension door won't exist for him for a long time.

He probably doesn't even out damage a power-attacking paladin.

>>47652805
Our names are subtlety different, and I make first party builds because that is the only thing anyone actually plays with. Just because I play in it doesn't' mean I can't smell it too.
>>
>>47652758
Feels good to play with a non-retarded DM. :^)
>>
>>47652787
>>47652804
Oh, true, but iirc initiative requires Noble Scion (War) at 1st level and the mystery for oracle wasn't specified. I'd just let him, all he's done is moderately improve his defenses in exchange for slowing his progression by 4 levels, which is fucking huge for someone who relies on spells for damage and battlefield transport as heavily as magus.

>>47652805
I'm P-O-S-T-B-U-I-L-D-E-R. You're thinking of B-U-I-L-D-P-O-S-T-E-R. Despite what it might look like, I'm not just him using a different name.
>>
>>47652833
Yeah, I know I've only ever used 1pp for pathfinder.

Usually a Soulknife.
>>
>>47652833
>that is the only thing anyone actually plays with

Really now? Because I've been playing consistently in play by post games for the past year, dominantly using PoW (I only have one game right now that isn't PoW/SoP, and that's because it's a Mythic game and the GM doesn't want to deal with the interaction.
>>
>>47652877
>play by post
Well most people who play with other humans in person don't use PoW material.
>>
>>47652896
Really now? because that same thing also applies to the three games I'm in over skype with different groups of friends. And no, we didn't meat over skype, it's college and high school friends who enjoy this thing called fun
>>
>one of my party members is playing a brute vigilante that dumped wisdom
How fucked are we, /pfg/?
>>
>>47652896
How would you know?

>>47652966
Well, him getting mindcontrolled is slightly more dangerous than a mindcontrolled fighter. So still not too much. Although it also depends on your party's size and composition, aka whether you can make do without the brute.
>>
>>47652877
I can post Mythic Psionics if you care.
>>
New PF master here, what are the best house rules or optional rules to use?
>>
>>47653080
Path of War.
>>
>>47653080
Level up when the DM says so, no tracking experence.

Everyone play nice.

>>47653090
NO.
>>
File: WeaponStylesQuickReference.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
WeaponStylesQuickReference.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47653080
Just do something to make choices matter.
>>
>>47652290
C'mon, I need a way of aging my Deep One Hybrid to a true Deep One. I at least need a way of aging quicker.
>>
>>47652067
I think you're the one nobody wants here. You missed your board, too.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>47653136
just git gud
>>
>>47653080
Ignore errata and make extensive use of 3pp especially DSP.
>>
>>47653090
>>47653166
Shills detected.
>>
>>47652989
I'm less concerned about mind control, more concerned about the 20+ half his level Will save he has to make to not attack us after combat.
>>
>>47653097
My DM tried to do experience once, but he still didn't feel like going through looking at what everything should be worth so I'm pretty sure he was just giving us arbitrary amounts that would eventually level us up.
>>
>>47653180
Really, suggesting using 3pp material that makes the game playable for those who want to play martials instead of sticking to something that treats them like they're meant to be shit for no reason makes somebody a shill? I thought it would be the other way around.
>>
>>47653090
what is path of war and what is wrong with it?
>>47653166
DSP?
>>47653098
like it
>>
>>47653181
That's fucking dumb, I wish the Frenzied Berserker and anything inspired by it had never been made, or was some monster-only ability. It's interesting to see an NPC do that, it's retarded and exasperating that a player would.
>>
>>47653136
I think you can intentionally curse an item, so pay a NPC to do it if you can't do it yourself.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/cursed-items

>>47653080
>>47653218
>>47653180
>>47653097
>>47653090
Path of War is very bad for a new DM, and should only be tried once you've got more experience with balancing fights. It does provide many alternatives to full attacking, but it can be overwhelming due to raw damage and option paralysis.

Don't bother with tracking experience, it's obsolete since you can't spend it on spells or items anymore. Level up when plot-appopriate.

>>47653181
Try and get that houserules out, stay a good distance away from him, or have calm emotions or a Will-dependent daze/paralysis available.
>>
>>47653226
Path of War is a Tome of Battle ripoff that tries to overcomplicate everything as much as it possibly can, winding up being a big dumb mess. Its goal is to add versatility to martials but instead just lets them pile on a million d6s to some attacks. Complete mission failure, just use ToB.
>>
>>47653218
Its well documented that the people who write DPS material hang out here way to often, and that the constant "but what about PoW huh?" messages are constant and stink like shit.

That on top of the generally poor balance and quality control PoW has means that there is no reason you should include it unless your players are experienced veterans and want some new classes to play with.
>>
>>47653080
Oh, and normally people would tell you never to play below level 4 because then it becomes rusty dagger shanktown. Normally they'd be right, but I recommend everyone do it exactly once so they get a hang of building and managing a character from the ground up. That's why I recommend you avoid PoW. It still results in excessive damage at low levels, and in general, effective counters to PoW characters require you to build PoW encounters, use overlevelled monsters, or rely on very specific gimmicks that generally wouldn't logically appear in every encounter.
>>
>>47653292
Hey now, don't go so far as to make it sound like the CRB's any good for balance and quality control.

PoW's no party of investigators and alchemists, but it's no monk and cleric either.
>>
>>47653226
Path of war is made by dreamscarred press (DSP) and is the equivalent of tome of battle (a 3.5 book that made martials relevant instead of a necessary evil in most parties) for pathfinder which means that it makes martials viable. You don't need to make NPCs with it but you can and should allow players to make use of PoW and psionics.

>>47653254
Just because a DM allows something that doesn't mean they need to use it on NPCs, it's mostly to allow players who are using martials to not fall off and feel useless.

>>47653292
There are also a lot of players here, in fact a majority it would seem, who enjoy using 3pp material.
>>
>>47653321
so no one here plays lvl 1 characters?
>>
>>47653292
Wait are you really complaining about post quality in /pfg/?
>>
>>47653415
I'll start running a campaign starting at level 1 in a couple weeks.
AMA
>>
>>47653382
>in fact a majority it would seem, who enjoy using 3pp material.
Apart from 4chan I have never even heart of anyone mentioning PoW. I highly suspect its all one big astroturfing marketing thing. Its also much less interesting that ToB was.

If you need four extra sub-systems to manage and think the fighter needs six more ways to add 4d6 damage to his attacks ten PoW is for you I guess.

>>47653415
Not when we can avoid it.
>>
>>47653415
It's for learning the game only, it's REALLY not fun for anyone involved if they already know the game. I usually say 3 is minimum level.
>>
>>47653415
We try to avoid the fuck out of it.
Most of us HAVE done so, once, long ago, though.

It tends to end very quickly and very badly for any group that isn't used to doing things the L5R way.

That is to say, by the time they even LEAVE the tavern, they've spent about ten sessions talking and never once rolling any die at all (lest they be forced to commit sudoku because they dared try to roll their courtier's etiquette against a completely basic mook and thus never stood a chance) and are thus like level six now.
>>
>>47653415
It's not my preference, but if there's a gentlemen's agreement to avoid one-shotting PCs barring exceptional circumstances, then it's tolerable.

>>47653438
How do you deal with the reduced options for builds and the swinginess of die rolls?
>>
What should a melee full attack look like at level 12 before you are wasting your standard action?

Currently a +17/+12 with a 1d10+17 is the damage output of this 37 AC warpriest.
>>
Is Akashik Mysteries any good? I never hear anyone talk about it.
>>
File: feats.png (67 KB, 1920x625) Image search: [Google]
feats.png
67 KB, 1920x625
>>47653543
Here is his current rough feat build. Disruptive and step up and strike is there, but I fear that it really isn't enough to make casting harder.
>>
>>47653080
>>47653254
>>47653321
I normally don't agree with BUILDPOSTER on various occasions, but they have a point; for a first time GM, it'd be wise to stick to first party to at least get used to the core system before lobbing anything else in. I thoroughly enjoy Path of Way personally, but it is an extra subsystem for you and your players to learn. Also though Rusty Dagger Shank Town (Levels 1 and two) whole heartedly blows, it'd be wise to play it at least once to fully grasp just why it blows; or at least get a better understanding for others' disdain.

But what may be one of the most important aspects is getting the hang of sculpting encounters for your players. Probably the toughest lesson to learn and get the hang of would be how to build encounters that are both winnable, yet challenging. There are GMs that tend to take this kind of lesson as "If they play smart/(some contrived method), then they can win!" Which frankly is a rather toxic mentality to play by since it can spawn problem players due to frustration, or even create bad GMing habits.

As far as Path of War is concerned, typically with the Broken Blade and Primal Fury disciplines, have a bit of a bad habit of early game rocket tag; it levels out in time, but starting from Lv.1 or so and going to Lv.6-7 could be a long time for players waiting for the damage output to level out. Which is why it'd be best to incorporating avoid 3pp (3rd Party Publisher) material until you have a reasonably solid grasp of the math.
>>
>>47653497
>How do you deal with the reduced options for builds and the swinginess of die rolls?
It's our groups' first campaign with PoW and Psionics, so reduction of build options felt important to ease in players. (I have a significantly better grasp on those subsystems than the players)
We usually start at higher levels.
>>
>>47652833
>He has lost 5 levels of spell progression
Only 3, actually, thanks to Magic Knack. And the only spells a Magus needs are level 1 and 2 in the first place.
>>
>>47653452
I don't know how the mods act around these parts, but marketing and the such is against global rules, just yell at mods to do something they ban you or DSP. Check IPs or do the other things mods can do (if they do anything).
>>
>>47653497
>>47653625
Right, as for swinginess of die rolls - a Vitalist should help with that, I'd think.
>>
What if you reduced all added d6s of PoW maneuvers and stances to d4s until you reach level 6? At which point other characters can pretend they caught up now with their iteratives.
>>
>>47653543
Any dedicated damage-dealer should be capable of 100+ DPR by level 12, easily. You're doing an average of 45 IF both your hits connect.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monster-creation

That's barely one-fourth of a CR 12's HP, and a CR 12 creature is a mook to you. A boss is CR 16, and you're barely doing one-sixth of that HP.

You're doing a good enough job of having a high AC to deal with mooks, but the problem is that having high AC and low damage makes you irrelevant.

>>47653592
I'd agree with that. Drop them and pick something to boost your damage.

Also, generally speaking you should have some buffs going on you, either because your party casters ought to have long-duration buffs by level 12 or because you can self-buff. And have you figured in your gear yet? Gear and buffs might give a more accurate picture.

>>47653625
>>47653647
Good points, sounds like your game should go decently. Best of luck.

>>47653596
I'm not him. Rest of your post is on point.
>>
>>47653589
It's too weeb.
>>
>>47653452
I mean, I was using PoW before I ever visited 4ch. I didn't even know that /b/ and 4ch were separate things at the time.
>>
>>47653637
Magic Knack doesn't affect spell progression, only Caster Level.
>>
>>47653661
>Best of luck.
Thanks, mate.
>>
>>47653661
>I'm not him. Rest of your post is on point.
How the fuck did I miss that? Sorry 'bout that, boss.
I could probably blame the mistake on noise distractions on my end, but that'd be a lazy excuse.
>>
>>47653664
I think he meant mechanically.
>>
>>47653589
It's not great.
You can do good stuff with nice chunks of it, but many of the veils are really weak or forgettable, and offensively some of the 'builds' such as hand cannons are less good (even with the very archetypes and builds meant to maximize them) than simply using those same class abilities on regular weapons.

There are also a few unacceptable whoopsies: Below level 5 one of the Vizier types GIVES A WILL SAVE PENALTY TO ALL HIS ALLIES.
>>
>>47653689
That's true, but I don't know what you were talking about in that case. His Magus build is going to top out at level 15, at which point he will have access to level 5 spells.
>>
>>47653710
And I was mostly explaining why noone ever talks about it.
>>
>>47653589
It's shit, like Arcforge and PoW
>>
What are some interesting Druid options?
>>
>>47653637
Caster level isn't the same as spells per day.

>>47653661
I'll get it into a .pdf soon. I normally don't build this kind of character. The numbers I listed are with fates-favored boosted divine favor.

I was thinking of making this character play closer to how a cleric plays, as in supporting with spells and buffing his allies, while only attacking with AoOs on the enemies turn. Not sure how well it will work in practice.
>>
>>47653731
You do realise he needs to be Magus 10 to reach 4th level spells? And Magical Knack doesn't help with that at all.
With like 4 to 5 classes spent in other classes, he'll be level 14-15 by the time he gets Dimension Door.
That sucks.
>>
>>47653755
No, but he's still going to get Dimension Door at level 15. How is that "a dream"?
>>
>>47652802
CR is a crapshoot. Early and late levels tend to be very rocket-taggy.

That said, a single PC has a CR of its level. An APL encounter isn't meant to be a fair fight; the heroes are supposed to win, but spend spells or health doing so. If you do the math, a party of four PCs actually has a CR of APL+4.

Use your judgement, like you're doing now. A single wolf is obviously too easy, so give them three or four wolves. Note that, especially at early levels, throwing them one big monster tends to be either trivial due to action economy or impossible due to stats, with very little middle ground.
>>
>>47653775
>so give them three or four wolves
sweet Jesus no.

IMPROVED TRIP WILL FUCK EVERYONE'S SHIT UP SO HARD IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

Have like an orc and a wolf. Have the wolf trip some PCs a coupel of times. memorable fight while not being a TPK.
>>
>>47653770
Yes, which is five levels from where he starts. Meanwhile, he gets to add CHA to *everything*.
Either way, this post has gone off-topic. My original point was "how do you deal with such a ridiculously munchkiny character concept", not debating the pros and cons thereof.
>>
>>47653774
>how is level 15 "a dream"
Either you're still innocent or much, much luckier with your campaigns than I am. Either way I envy you.

>>47653755
Doable, but he should still be able to do something to his enemies. I'd suggest trying to get his DPR to 70 or thereabouts, so he can still two-round a mook on his own if need be. Or you can do debuffs, but with MAD and lower spell levels you need to invest more effort to pump the DCs on those to levels a fullcaster can achieve.
>>
>>47653804
>memorable fight while not being a TPK
If nobody dies, how will they remember it?
>>
>>47653714
I will note that one got fixed in the full version. It's coming soon (tm), beyond that I'm not sure.
>>
>>47653828
Is that bait or a serious question? They'll remember it from the fight's acts, the roleplay, etc.
>>
>>47653841
That's called a fucking joke, you autist.
>>
>>47653807
Well the answer is that "you do nothing" because it really isn't a problem. Let the dude have his fun.

>>47653810
>70 DPR
>No reliable access to pounce or ranged attacks
I have no idea how I would do this with a fighter spending all of his resources on damage, much less a warpriest who is shooting for 40 AC. I don't want to go two-handed due to the shield, and so I am out of ideas on how to do more damage honestly. Any ideas?
>>
>>47653841
It's called an off-handed joke. 4chan is rotting your brain, go take a walk.
>>
>>47653844
no bully
>>
>>47653847
I would recommend you stop shooting for 40 AC. 10+level is the minimum for AC to do anything, 15+level is acceptable, and 20+level is generally considered relatively good. 40 at level 12 is excessive in that it's going to eat so many resources that you won't have much left to be effective. I'd say that you lower your AC to 32 and see what you can do with what you have after that, then decide whether those options are more or less valuable than 5 AC.
>>
>>47652989

I play and run in live games that use PoW, one banned tier 1 classes even.
>>
>>47653862
Yeah, probably a good idea. Thing is, though, I've seen people express sentiments like that, so it's hard to know if it's serious.
>>
>>47653892
>use PoW, one banned tier 1 classes even.
Same over here.
>>
>>47653844
>>47653862
Not that anon, but this is one of those times where Poe's Law kind of kicks in; having experiences with those kinds of people before, and when someone makes an off-hand joke it becomes tough to tell if they're being serious or not.
>>
C-can I join the shitposting train, too?
>>
>>47653892
>>47653910
That's nice, but I was asking BUILDPOSTER how he knew that no one used PoW IRL. Did you mean to quote him?

>>47653925
Lose the fake stutter and we'll talk.
>>
>>47653933
~~~~~~
>>
>>47653946
Objective best one so far.
>>
>>47653946
Welcome to the club.

>>47653953
>objective
Oh boy, is this going to be another of those argument about subjective tastes that grows into a debate about D&D mortality?
>>
>>47653933
>Lose the fake stutter and we'll talk.
Sure.
On a more serious note, I've been recently obsessing with how fucking awesome Vigilante is, especially combined with Martial Training. I have already a ton of Vigilante builds stored, but I have issue with Warlock.
How the hell do I make the Mystic Bolts work well? Pls help.
>>
>>47653847
>>47653884
Here it is. Spend a lot of money on AC, might not be wroth it. Spent 1 feat on it too. Divine favor included. Need higher saves.

What do you think?

>>47653892
>banning druid
for what purpose?
>>
>>47653972
Is anyone else really hyped for future pazio material?

it seems like the further from 3.5 they go the better things they release. Apart from the stupid as fuck eratta they keep releasing because PFS is stupid, I am optimistic about future materials.
>>
>>47653986
>further from 3.5
>incoming PF rehash of spelljammer

Well, I mean...
>>
>>47653452
> Astroturfing

I know this has come up before, but I'm gonna repeat my eternal question with regards to it: how much time and money do you think we're sitting on, that we could afford to run a conspiracy?

>>47653646
We come to 4chan to field customer questions and because this community has provided some of the fastest, most thorough, and most helpful feedback we've ever gotten. Y'all are our readers and deserve our respect and consideration. You do what you like - I certainly can't stop you - but it'd be a damn shame on my end to miss out on the data, and a frustration on anon's to have to go hunt us through forums that require registration.
>>
>>47654027
What, you mean publishing rules for playing make-believe isn't raking in millions?
>>
>>47653972
Some guy a couple of threads ago posted about how great they were at 40ft range targeting touch AC with stats to damage, try Ctrl-Fing the old threads for Mystic Bolt.

>>47653976
Druid's still pretty strong, and hunter is a decent substitute. Especially if you use some 3pp stuff so druid's not the only shapeshifting class.

For your warpriest, bumping down the +4 mithral full plate to a +3 mithral breastplate and the shield to +3 should free up a lot of funds while still keeping your AC at 32, which ought to be good enough. Invest it in a better weapon. You can combine a 2h weapon and a shield, iirc. So I recommend getting a one-handed weapon that you can 2h when needed for more damage. Let go of it with one hand when you're done with the full attack as a free action, and you can use your shield and still make AoOs with somewhat less damage.
>>
>>47654067
Alternatively, if you still want the mithral fullplate so you can enchant it at later levels and because your Dex is tailored to it, you can just get nonmagical mithral fullplate instead of a +3 mithral breastplate.
>>
File: JojoOHNO.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JojoOHNO.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>go to revisit a few homebrew alterations to warlock before I go play videogames
>mfw I realize two hours have passed and I have an entirely new class partially written up

Well shit. I guess I might as well keep going and see where this winds up going. Probably need a new name, since it really isn't even a warlock at this point.
>>
>>47654067
Not sure it works that way. A buckler doesn't give you AC on any turn that you use your off hand, can't imagine a shield working differently. It reeks of cheese if it does.

The frustrating thing I that I have magic vestments, but the duration isn't great. A constant bonus is nice for suprises etc, but its costs.

I have so many uses for my swift action I can't even keep track of them. Destruction blessing for +6 damage is sweet, but so is casting a spell on myself or enchanting my weapon or enchanting my armor or...

god damn son.
>>
>>47654158
Magic vestment would make my suggestion of nonmagical mithral fullplate instead of the +3 breastplate more viable, then. As for swift actions, I remember a version of quick runner's shirt that gave you a swift instead, but I'm having trouble finding it. Anyone else know what it is?

As for cheese, plenty of fighting styles IRL involved hand-and-a-half swords/bastard swords where you used a shield when needed and two-handed the sword when not needed.
>>
>>47653415

My current game started at level 1, but im Also playing a vampire....
>>
>>47654212
>argument from realisim
I see what you are saying, but if it is allowed then shield+twohandedweapon is just so much better than any other option it's not even funny.

Think I will go with a non-magical shield for some slight money saving. I have magic weapon greater as a 4th level spell too If i need +2 on my sword.
>>
Ok, I'm gonna ask again /pfg/, I want to build the hunter from bloodborne

He needs to be 2 fast 4 u animu fighter that is proficient with a wide array of slashing weapons and firearms which he uses in tandem.
ALSO PAIZO ONLY
>>
>>47654067
>Some guy a couple of threads ago posted about how great they were at 40ft range targeting touch AC with stats to damage, try Ctrl-Fing the old threads for Mystic Bolt.
I think those were suggested houserules, not actual builds.
>>
File: 1455952176714.png (2 MB, 1400x998) Image search: [Google]
1455952176714.png
2 MB, 1400x998
What's the best race for being a fluffytail? Skinwalker?
Catfolk?
Kitsune?
Agathion-Blooded?
>>
>>47654321
yeah, you'd need 3pp stuff like Empowered Shots to get more range out of mystic bolts.

Hell it's not even an increment. It's worse than kinetic blast, if that's somehow possible.
>>
>>47654355
Eberron Changeling, you can be a different fluffytail each day.
>>
>>47654355
join the kitsune masterrace
>>
>>47654263
Two options are available: The first is a Savage Technologist Barbarian. The second is a character that builds into TWF (also the ability to shoot in melee range or use False Opening) and uses Snake Style to dodge attacks, with Stamina to use AoOs instead of immediate actions when dodging.
>>
>>47654263
magus. I guess. Maybe a fighter or alchemist. It will work but it won't be great.
>>
File: FireEmblemErk.png (748 KB, 788x1148) Image search: [Google]
FireEmblemErk.png
748 KB, 788x1148
>>47654067
>>47654321
Warlockfag here, I was trying to check myself to make sure I wasn't overtuning something I was homebrewing, I didn't think I was claiming it as actually being "gamebreaking", just obniously powerful. Mystic bolts at base is absolute shit,
>>
>>47654355
Fluffy tail = Consent

Never forget this.
>>
>>47654263
>fast and animu
>use various melee weapons
>uses firearms
>TOGETHER
>no 3pp
Just give up. Barring your GM giving you 25pb, a feat every level and making guns not suck, it will never happen well.
>>
>>47654428
Eh...I mean if you optimize the fuck out of it it can happen well enough. It probably won't live up to our "standards" but it will be functional. Hell a fighter with a shield charging a different opponent each round for one attack doesn't do too poorly in the adventure paths.
>>
>>47653415

That was my intro to the game, playing at level 1.

It was awful and we never did it again. Even starting at level 4 is honestly pretty fucking boring for me at this point because I usually get stuck GMing and seeing my players seriously contemplate if they can afford to have another fight that day after ONE lousy pack of velociraptors attacks them while the paladin's away...
>>
>>47654465
Mixing guns and melee, while being mobile? first party hates all 3 of those things.
>>
>>47654465
Well, to my understanding, Bloodborne was all about dodging and moving fast rather than tanking hits.

This just isn't how D&D works. You wanna pump the shit out of Dex and lose everything else? Sure, you can do that. But you can't do anything BUT that.

Firearms? Fuck no, you need to spend your feats making your melee weapons work with Dex. Nothing to spend on firearms.
>>
>>47654465
I mean maybe? Didn't play bloodborn but it seems to be "one-handed melee MH and gun OH" and as >>47654505 said, that's begging for problems.
>>
>>47654392
Doesn't snake style only works if attacking unarmed ?
>>
>>47654587
No? It has IUS as a pre-requisite and while using it your unarmed strikes can deal piercing damage, but the dodging part doesn't require you to be unarmed.
>>
File: 1353406649937.jpg (7 KB, 110x170) Image search: [Google]
1353406649937.jpg
7 KB, 110x170
Hi /pfg/, I was hoping you could help me out with a bit of a build question.

Assuming 3pp is allowed, what's the best way to pick up and use tech weapons without being useless (or at least minimizing it). One of my players just wants to be "the obligatory big guy with all the guns", and I want to help him have a character that he likes without winding up terrible.
>>
>>47654634
Be a wizard, use illusions to have high tech guns while just being a wizard.
>>
>>47654634
War Soul soulknife, desu
>>
>>47654634
you can't. Tech weapons were basically designed with the "for NPC use only" tag on them. There is no practical way for them to not be shit, and a bow is just better in basically every case. Using 20 arms to alpha-strike with 10 missile launchers is the only interesting thing you can do with them.
>>
>>47654634
>>47654712
Warsoul: Discipline Weapon Shapes for non-rockets

Call Weapon for Rawket Lawnchaz
>>
>>47654668
Well there IS the spellslinger wizard archetype, which is canonically the best way to actually MAKE USE of guns. It's up to fluff to make them tech weapons.
>>
>>47654668
>>47654757

He is legitimately considering spellslinger into Technomancer, I as wondering if there was any more martially inclined classes that would work.

>>47654696
>>47654730
The main problem here is that he was planning on actually using the ones the party finds, rather than just fluffing other things.
>>
>>47654634
>"the obligatory big guy with all the guns"

Savage Technologist Barbarian.
Allow Modern Firearm rules
Tell him to buy the Maxim Machinegun, several revolvers, a shotgun, an axe and a modified 6-Barrel Aasen Mortar.

Now he's Arnie from the fucking terminator movie.
>>
File: Ravana.jpg (389 KB, 1280x728) Image search: [Google]
Ravana.jpg
389 KB, 1280x728
So this ins't pathfinder related, but I was looking at the complete psionic book for 3.5 and saw Thri-keen are a playable race and was curious, with their level adjustment and natural bonuses/abilities what are some good classes to look at for a thri-keen? Dervish Dancer, archer, rogue, swordsage?
>>
>>47654793
Actually, this works really well.
>>
>>47654781
Oh THAT is completely hopeless.
Paizo purposefully putrefied the technological finds by making them "timeworn", aka "irreparably on its last legs". The entire design of the tech guide punishes you by halving your WBL if you attempt to craft them (and that's only if you have not only the feats but also find the required artifact buildings), and by giving you equipment that's actually no better than the older stuff: when's the last time you saw someone literally immune to bludgeoning and piercing damage? Now look at that 2d6 fire weapon...

For the most part, if you want ANY use out of the tech weapons, you'll need the accidental 3pp workarounds. You can... sorta use them otherwise, but you're fucking yourself out of both performance and hope.
>>
>>47654793
the modern firearms can work, unlike the tech guide stuff.

Fun fact:
A maxim uses a metal cartridge to reload too.
Yup.
>>
>>47654793
This. The best way to make guns not suck is by allowing modern firearms, which are fucking overpowered in their own way.

>Modern firearms include a new type of firearm—the automatic firearm. A weapon with the automatic weapon quality fires a burst of bullets with a single pull of the trigger, attacking all creatures in a line. This line starts from any corner of your space and extends to the limit of the weapon's range or until it strikes a barrier it cannot penetrate. When an automatic weapon attacks all creatures in a line, it makes a separate attack roll against each creature in the line. Each creature in the line can only be attacked with one bullet from each burst. Each attack roll takes a –2 penalty to account for recoil, and its attack damage cannot be modified by precision damage or damage-increasing feats such as Vital Strike. Effects that grant concealment, such as fog or smoke, or the blur, invisibility, or mirror image spells, do not foil an automatic weapon's line attack. If any of the attack rolls threaten a critical hit, confirm the critical for that attack roll alone. An automatic weapon misfires only if all of the attack rolls made misfire. A single attack with an automatic weapon fires 10 bullets. An automatic weapon cannot fire single bullets that target one creature. When taking a full-attack action with an automatic weapon, you can fire as many bursts in a round as you have attacks.
>>
>>47654939
>as many bursts as you have attacks
This.

This is wonderful.
>>
>>47654793
Make sure he rolls an Android with Sleeve of Many Garments (the pre-errata'd version)
>>
>>47654990
SoMG got errat'd?
>>
>>47654793
Yeah, that about covers it

Axe as a melee option
Revolver as a backup
Shotgun for cone-shaped room clearing
Mortar for open field clearing
Machinegun for hallway clearing
>>
>>47654781
If he's going to be finding and using timeworn tech guns, get him to look at Techslinger. Gunslinger archetype.

Then at level 11, get Signature Deed and use it on the one that reduces the charge cost of things.

He can now fire 1-charge-cost tech guns at no cost.
>>
I'm kinda tired of Pathfinder. Not that it is a bad game or something, just played too much of it over the last two years. What are some other good fantasy systems? I headed ACKs was good. Anything else?
>>
>>47654939
Keep in mind, the automatics are incompatible with one of the primary damage sources of ranged attackers in the game: Feats.

You can rapid shot it, and you can get +1 to hit (and only to hit) in 30ft with point blank shot, but not even vital strike will work on it.

Autofire gives lines. It is great at dealing low to moderate damage through many enemies if you place yourself (or them) well. You can do a lot with this but you will never top the damage charts. You'll be down Deadly Aim at the very least, and usuallly another 3-4 and maybe 1d6 from other places past low levels.

You will, however, kill a LOT of folks who stand in ranks!
>>
>>47655050
Try Strike!.
>>
>>47655050
I tend to alternate between PF, SR and M&M to avoid burnout.

PF for fantasy
SR for sci-fi
M&M for modern
>>
>>47655050
GURPS
>>
>>47655025
They became a visual-only illusion.
Not even smell or feel.
>>
>>47655078
Oh wow. At least it stops the retards claiming a 200gp illusion-based item actually physically creates real clothes, but they could've at least let it cover three senses.
>>
>>47655062
That's why I recommended he bring along a mortar, shotgun and revolver as well to cover his bases.
>>
>>47654829
>waiting for 3.3 is agony
>no ravana ex weapon glow
>>
>>47655072
muh mwangi, muh chummer, muh true believer!
>>
>>47655112
>muh true believer!
>liking Marvel shit
>actually endorsing SJW drivel

you're not my nigga.
>>
File: Utter disgust.png (41 KB, 383x475) Image search: [Google]
Utter disgust.png
41 KB, 383x475
>>47655078

>They nerfed fancy-dresses-inna-can

My players are going to be devastated. Why would Paizo do this?
>>
>>47655107
We're almost there brother, it comes tomorrow
>>
>>47655137
Because you're an idiot for trusting them
Its why our latest /pfg/ threads now include an archive of pre-errata'd content, since at least there are several good DMs in here that aren't braindead: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
>>
>>47654465
>>47654428
>>47654263
You can almost get something usable out of Savage Technologist, although you're screwed when it comes to your damage unless you at least are allowed Deadly Agility (so that you can get Dex-to-damage on whatever light weapon you use).
>>
>>47655040
Signature Deed is 1/rd
>>
>>47654392
So let me get this straight, for the second option I would need:
>TWF
>Point-Blank Shot & Precise Shot or False Opening
>Snake style
>>
File: 1454622485714.png (370 KB, 502x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454622485714.png
370 KB, 502x1200
Hello, /pfg/! How was your weekend? Did you have a nice session? Or did you end up doing something else?
>>
File: FESaleh.png (390 KB, 473x773) Image search: [Google]
FESaleh.png
390 KB, 473x773
Since it got brought up anyway, here's that Warlock homebrew. It's terrible and I need to rework it, or even just put the time into a completely new homebrew class.
>>
>>47655095
I'm referring more about the "it's overpowered" bit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.