[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: WORDS WORDS WORDS.png (91 KB, 582x302) Image search: [Google]
WORDS WORDS WORDS.png
91 KB, 582x302
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>47649015
Goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears are technically the same general species thing, and are under one god. Goblins and Hobgoblins have a history of infighting. Bugbears are apparently often used to try to get the two sides to remember there are more groups under the goblinoid banner... to try to cement the "goblinoid" races as one functional entity. Still, as bugbears are large, in a fantasy setting they have to be stupid. So they don't actually have an equal place in goblinoid society.

It is probably a reference to such tactics in the real world, and also to make us suspect the umbrella thing is smarter then it seems.

The Roach is breaking the 4th wall and fucking with us. As the Umbrella monster has for the longest time remained a mystery, he is suggesting we look for a monster that could make this political deduction.
>>
Fuck, the art got really creepy after he started coloring in the hands.

Like, they don't read as just infinitesimally arbitrary lines used as a visual stand in for hands anymore. They read as the characters actually having deformed fork things for hands.
>>
>>47649015
The thumbnail makes it look like Oona is getting baked.
>>
>>47653102
Holy shit I just noticed that.
>>
File: 1451578990783.jpg (56 KB, 460x727) Image search: [Google]
1451578990783.jpg
56 KB, 460x727
>>47655186
What do you think goes in that tea anon?
Warriors of old used to get pumped on drugs before fighting, to boost their power to inhuman levels. Vikings and Assassins are proof of this. Today, we still pay tribute to this ancient rite when the student downs a jug of coffee before writing overdue papers, or englishmen in general.
>>
>>47649015

It doesn't matter what he meant.

Nod. Get treat.
>>
>>47657939
Wise Wolf-Monster.
>>
>>47649015
>What did he mean by this?

Please, OP don't let this shitty meme spread to /tg/
>>
>>47657939
Am I the only one that heard not just Oona, but particularly this guy, in a Russian accent?
>>
>>47660449
When sentence written without article, brain make sound like Russian.
>>
>>47660721
Is true.
>>
>>47660721
This is really informative, actually. Thanks.
>>
>>47649015
Is Oona best Oots girl?
>>
File: MM35_PG29.jpg (143 KB, 400x542) Image search: [Google]
MM35_PG29.jpg
143 KB, 400x542
Additionally, while the links of familiarity and co-especism between goblins and hobgoblins are both self-evident (right in the fuckin' name) more deeply embedded (in the default setting, they both worship Maglubyett, although with different creeds), bugbears are tied only because they arbitrarilly have the monster type Humanoid (Goblinoid). They worship an other god altogether (Hruggek), their name makes no mention of goblinity, their alignment is hardly compatible with the one of the hobgoblins, their type of society is radically different (they are hunters-gatherers in small bands of at most 20 individuals, while goblins and hobgoblins are 24/7 armies constantly on the warpath, with several hundreds fighters)...

Truly, beyond the +4 to Move Silently common to all three races (and to who knows how many other monsters), bugbears are tied into pangoblinism strictly because of arbitrary taxonomy...
>>
>>47649015
>What did he mean by this

He means that not liking math is proven to have zero effect on math and only serves to make its haters look like idiots flinging Pocket Sand. tl;dr:

When math says, "Equality is for equals," just nod. Get treat.
>>
>>47660449
Onaa is a shrill little russian obaba, the worg (it is a worg, isn't it?) gets the big russian mobster voice.
>>
>>47661447
In Pathfinder they're literally a race of slasher movie villains.
I wonder how they would react to the idea of Pangoblinism.
>>
>>47651263
What's interesting is that he realized he said something smart and immediately tried to cover it up.
>>
>>47653102
>>47656827
They're always meant to have been literally stick people.

See the episode with the police sketch artist who was fired because he drew noses on people, and nobody had any idea what those weird growths in the middle of their faces were.
>>
File: image.jpg (676 KB, 937x2322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
676 KB, 937x2322
>>47649015
>multiple choice
>>
>>47649015
Essentially that Redcloak and the other dark one worshipers are trying to found goblin yugoslavia and the bugbears feel a bit left out.
>>47664371
Well. That sure is a thing.
>>
>>47664371
And they can't just send invisible ghostform Xykon to scout out the building because...?
>>
>>47664584
it's likely given the variety and level of monsters found in there that there are still things which could hurt him if he was alone, and why would Xykon risk maybe getting slightly harmed when he has meatshields
>>
>>47664584
>>47664695
Because Xykon doesn't fucking care. He's too powerful to care, and really never had the metal capacity to care in the first place.

If he finds it on the first try, it's a 'hey, I did it!'. If it takes a thousand years, it just becomes a 'meh, but at least those adventurers are dead'.
>>
>>47664724
Xykon, at this point, just seems to be evil at of spite.
>>
File: 1347149814425.jpg (279 KB, 670x900) Image search: [Google]
1347149814425.jpg
279 KB, 670x900
>>47649015
They're a minority people talk about and give lip-service to because people want the two big sects to get along with each other.

>Gob: Come on Hob, everyone's friendly here. We're all friends. You, Me, and Buggy.

>Buggy: Really? Because I think we shou...

>Hob: Shut up Buggy, me and Gob are talkin'.
>>
You know, if I were a real cheeky asshole, I'd find a way for the dungeon layout to be randomized each time a door is opened(if monsters can be replenished, why not this?) so that each time is effectively 1/500 chance of getting it right, and simple elimination methods can't bruteforce it.

Or just build the gate and then build the mountain around it, add the Monster Hollow for deception and flavor.
>>
>>47664584
When you are a lich, you stop caring about time.
>>
>>47664724
>He's too powerful to care, and really never had the metal capacity to care in the first place.
Xykon seems pretty metal to me.
>>
>>47661447
What about Gnolls?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.