[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /tg/. So I was looking through my collection while watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Je9Vx.jpg (176 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Je9Vx.jpg
176 KB, 1440x900
Hey, /tg/. So I was looking through my collection while watching some mtg content on my TV, and I thought Fuck It, I want to build a cube. But I'maso not going to spend $30,000 to make one, so I felt a fun challenge would be to make an all-commons cube, or pauper cube as its commonly known.

I'm looking to achieve a 'greatest hits' sort of feeling, so cards like lightning bolt, counterspell, and doomblade will be obvious inclusions, but also classics like gravedigger, giant growth, divination, and mind rot.

So when I say the greatest hits of magic at common, what do you think of, /tg/? Keep in mind I'm not just talking about power level.
>>
File: Storm Crow.jpg (26 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Storm Crow.jpg
26 KB, 223x310
Considering the massive impact the card has had on the game's community I say you can't go without pic related.
>>
>>47648963
at first i was annoyed but actually that's a good idea
>>
Giant Spider?
Duress?
>>
File: Image.jpg (29 KB, 226x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
29 KB, 226x311
>>
File: 814619816976.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
814619816976.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>secret tech
>>
>>47648555
The problem with this idea is that commons from M14 onwards are ruled to be shit by NWO. So you're limiting yourself to old cards because newer comons will just not make the cut, and your cube will grow old fast.

Buying duals and lotus is ridiculous and now even Collectors Edition is dumb expensive because of the ammount of people who bought that shit for cube.
But there are other ways to limit your cube away from the stupid expensive stuff and still make it exiting and long-lived like Modern-border only cube or no RL cube, etc.
>>
>>47649355
OP here. I don't fully agree. Eldrazi Skyspawner, Tormenting Voice, and Pyre Hound are all recent cards that I'm considering to name a few. Sure, doomblade is a crazy powerful card, but there's only 1 in the cube, along with maybe 1 terror.
>>
>>47649492
While you got the option to add 3 good new cards cards a normal cube got to choose among Rhino, Anafenza, Sidisi, ded Sidisi, Sad Sorin, the regents, the elder dragons, Dragon Sarkhan, Ugin, the charms, Newlamog, anus mana Kozilek, thought knot seer, reflector mage, not so shit Chandra, Ally Gideon, Nahiri, mad Sorin, Olivia II, etc.

You lose way less from no old cards than from only commons. Personally my cube is "all modern border prints" so I can have wasteland and shit despite standard being crap and the RL making duals impossible to get unless you're rich and mental.
>>
Gush
>>
>>47650212
Ya know, with over half (?) of all cards printed being commons, I don't think that's going to be much of an issue. It seems like your attitude is a commons cube just wont work but its not as uncommon as I think you think it is.
>>
Have you looked at- never mind. Hypnotic spectre is an uncommon. My friend has a few extremely old copies from his dad so I thought they were commons.
>>
>>47648555
ulamog's crusher
>>
>>47653669
Oh that's definitely a shoe-in.
>>
>>47648555
mystical teachings
murderous cut
dreamstalker
ethereal armor
Tendrils of corruption
>>
Man-o-war!
And giant growth
Mana leak
Deprive?
Was Rancor a common?
>>
>>47655740
rancor was
prob better common countermagic then deprive somewhere.
>>
>>47656500
Like memory lapse
>>
File: Jokulhaups.png (1 MB, 744x1039) Image search: [Google]
Jokulhaups.png
1 MB, 744x1039
Just make a proxy cube.
>>
>>47656716
That sounds like work.
>>
>>47650212
Most of the Original Dual Lands are cheaper than Grove of the Burnwillows. They really could be much more expensive.
>>
>>47657233
tundra and underground sea are both above $250, but sure they *technically* could be MUCH more expensive, because saying something could be more expensive is meaningless
>>
>>47648555
OP, check out cubetutor.com
Many people have posted their own lists. So it's a good resource for ideas.

It also has a fun feature that takes all the most common cube cards on the site and generates a cube (size of your choosing) using the data from all the cubes hosted.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.