[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: Best General2.png (1 MB, 1014x761) Image search: [Google]
Best General2.png
1 MB, 1014x761
Secret Club General Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
What army can take the most power/force weapons?

Bonus points if it's actually viable on the table for that army to do so.
>>
>>47646566
first for the greater good
>>
>>47646605
Well Grey Knights of course. Every model basically sports some kind of force weapon.
>>
File: Humping Drones.jpg (64 KB, 814x616) Image search: [Google]
Humping Drones.jpg
64 KB, 814x616
>>47646617
Carry on, brother
>>
>>47646617
>me'lee

Do you kiss your state-assigned breeding partner with that mouth?
>>
>>47646566
Anyone know where I can find a copy of Blood and Fire?

Also any good Khorne books worth reading?
>>
>>47646678
no because I'm an earth caste, we are on a tight schedule and are not allowed foreplay
>>
File: Bloodline.jpg (17 KB, 250x259) Image search: [Google]
Bloodline.jpg
17 KB, 250x259
>>47646617
Second for the Sons of the Angel
>>
>>47646605
grey knights have force weapons on every infantry unit.
>>
>>47646721
>>47646622
But I thought they only actually take a handful of models?

I expected the answer to be some IG squad that can take them cheap, or something.
>>
I don't really understand the point of recasts outside of Forgeworld items.

A Leman Russ is $50
A recast is $25
Most places, one can get a Leman Russ for at least 20% off.

Same thing with non-vehicles as well.

Who is so Jewish that they would rather spend 8 years longer fucking with resin, realigning warps, filling imperfections, and so on than buying from a store that does 20% off or buying online for similar?

Who's the target demographic for non FW items is what I'm basically asking?
>>
>>47646767
What stores you talkin bout m8?
>>
>>47646566
third for Brits in Space
>>
>>47646767
2 reasons:
- recast shipment is generally lower than stores
- recasters declare way lower for customs, so you don't have to pay taxes over its real cost.
>>
>>47646784
Not that guy, but every nonGW store that sells GW products has at least a 15% discount on them
At least all the ones in the SEC
>>
>>47646767
I agree.

GW recasts are acceptable only for special characters and other blisters like the Lictor, because they cost far too much for what is fair.
>>
>>47646792
He looks like he'd enjoy a good cuppa.
>>
>>47646804
>- recast shipment is generally lower than stores
>- recasters declare way lower for customs, so you don't have to pay taxes over its real cost.

So... the target market is Australians? Who pays for shipping these days?
>>
>>47646863
Brazilians as well.
>>
>>47646767

Are there still people buying GW stuff? They won´t get a penny out of my well-earned money.
>>
>>47644451
The 7th edition rulebook is fucking wank though. How many people with Flamers have no idea about Wall of Death, I wonder? It certainly isn't under Overwatch.

Might be missed so repeating it because muh new fred.
>>
>>47646767
I just bought three fliers for $60, one that normally costs $75 + shipping if you buy GW Direct.

Even if I bought from some store for 20% less I would still be paying over 200% what I just paid.

Although some recasters have their problems and there isnt any real customer support it is still much cheaper. Every model besides one Landspeeder that had an easily fixed bubble have been spot on for accuracy. The only real difference is they are a bit more fragile and a tad bit heavier.

Sure I make decent money and I love 40k, the majority of my models ARE real GW model, at least 80% per army, if not more. However I also have goals that are much more important than fielding a pure plastic army like buying a house next year or making more money.
>>
>>47646792
They made no fucking sense. Their Lasgun variant was single shot bollocks because "muh Zulu Wars :((" and was fluffed for "not wasting power and for increased accuracy", which is a legit reason why the Brits remained bolt-action in WW2 for their rifles. Trained to fire 20 a min, accurately. The rifles in WW2 were all very good, bar the Japanese ones and meme country ones.
>>
>>47646813
Got any danke links?
>>
>>47646813
Here in the US my LGS sells at a 10% discount up to 15% on named characters and a Buy two Get one Half off for Citadel Paints (not washes though)
>>
>>47647024
My FLGS is flat 20% off all models. It's a hybrid MtG/40k shop, and I suspect their rent is dirt cheap, so maybe they don't need the margin as much.
>>
>>47647024
>LGS
>discount

is your LGS a GW store? if so im calling bullshit
>>
>>47646744
You know why they can only take a handful of models? It's because they all cost a bunch of points for being psykers with force weapons
>>
>>47647056
I just want lots of glowy swords, though. I don't need them to be force weapons wielded by psykers, if that's not the way to spam the highest number.
>>
>>47647048
My not-that-local store (but the closest non-GW) is 20% off in store, 25% off online, but they don't do free shipping unless you're buying like a whole army's worth so the online thing is kind of a trap.
>>
>>47647072
Play Khorne. Basic troops with glowy power swords for pretty cheap.
>>
File: LGS.png (141 KB, 1912x860) Image search: [Google]
LGS.png
141 KB, 1912x860
>>47647049
What?

No it is a game store.
>>
>>47647104
ah k, normally when people say LGS they refer to a GW i find

in that case its common for resellers to offer a discount, element games and wayland games for the UK do 20% discounts
>>
>>47646716
For Sanguinius!
>>
>>47647072
You could spam aspect hosts (formation of 3 squads of aspect warriors) consisting on nothing but howling banshees - at 13 ppm they're cheaper than grey knights. But, that's kind of a joke army, while grey knights are a proper force (nopunintended).
>>
>>47647133
When people mean GW they usually say GW, LGS is everything but GW.
>>
>>47646716
>>47647135

Ah yes the Heretical Winged Mutants, too bad you arent as pure as the Better Angels.
>>
Xenos here. I have never fought vs Ultramarines. What chapter tactics should I be aware off?
>>
>>47647146
LGS means local game store, what if his local is GW?
>>
>>47647146
That is my interpretation as well.
>>
>>47647167
>What Doctrine should I be aware off?

Of all them, especially the tactical doctrine as he may call it 3+ times.

If he has a Conclave or even just Tigerus with a load of Grav Cents hold onto your shorts.
>>
File: w5498546076548702642.png (162 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
w5498546076548702642.png
162 KB, 400x400
>>47647152
You mean the angels who are running around 10,000 years later hunting down their heretical kin?
>>
>>47647178
Then it's a GW.

GW has an international identity, a knows entity whereas LGS's usually cover "Larry's Lair" "The comic-castle" and whatever else they call it, small independent or minor chains unlikely to be know out of town, much less state or even country.
>>
>>47647233
You're thinking of FLGS.

Omit the F, and I, too, think GW.
>>
>>47646897
I never met a person who doesnt know about Wall of Death. You basically cant miss it if you read about how Templates work.
>>
File: DntH8.png (583 KB, 472x801) Image search: [Google]
DntH8.png
583 KB, 472x801
>>47647224

W-we will just w-wait for our Primarchs to settle this!
>>
>>47646897
Yeah, but this particular tidbit is logically placed.
>>
>>47647243
They don't need to be Friendly to be Local Game Stores.
>>
>>47647256
Sorry our primarch died putting a break into the arch traitors armour and helping the emperor kill him.
>>
>>47646767
>Who's the target demographic for non FW items is what I'm basically asking?
Poorfags who really shouldn't be spending their money on this but want to anyways. Same group of people who think 40k is actually an expensive hobby.
>>
>>47647224
Whenever I think of dark angels players I think of tryhard ravenwing kiddos (like the purple/yellow ravenwing guy that posts here all the time and who's probably here now) or super new kiddos that just got into the game because they bought half the dark vengeance pack and think they are the shitz now and have to defend their primarch and chapter's honor.

I tend to think lower of space wolves and dark angels players than other marine players.
>>
I just got back from a great weekend of gaming, where I played several games with Ork-bro, using the Space 0Din Fandex. To put it short, the fandex has completely renewed both of our interest in actually playing 40k and having fun, since he now has an actual fighting chance against me.

Now 'orkanauts actually go toe to toe with dreadnoughts, and Nobz are a thing I fear getting in melee with. Melee combat is quick and deadly, with a sort of push and pull where he charges and my shit dies, and I counter-charge and his shit dies.

Massed-lootas in battlewagons are now the scariest shit in the world, especially on turn 2 when he calls a WAAAGH!, as they just vaporize everything they point at by sheer walls of boolitz.

It's now a fair fight finally. My only beef with it is now we suffer the problem of Superheavies in casual games, as the 'Orkanauts are just as tough to deal with as knights, and are just as killy.
>>
>>47647152
Anytime someone mentions Blood Angels or Sanguinius, some tard waves his dick and says Dark Angels are better. I never see the BA guys do this though. Im beginning to think DA fans have an inferiority complex.
>>
>>47647333
Yeah, I don't know why these "my dad could beat up your dad" posts even happen beyond dudes trolling.
>>
>>47647308
You mean died because the Emperor was being a fucking pussy and didn't want to bitch slap some sense into his favorite son. And even then he didn't kill Horus immediately but instead needed to have a fucking Guardsman protect his ass (other versions of the story are non-canonical bullshit spread by other factions to make themselves look good imo).

So yeah, a fucking worthless sacrifice honestly.
>>
>>47647333
The two SM Chapters I play are SW and DA- entirely because of their aesthetics and fluff.
Sorry you feel that way.
>>
Anyone else think that Sisters are actually basically loyalist Chaos Cultists with better equipment thanks to the background influences of the 16 quadrillion or so souls who think that corpse on the throne is an actual god?
>>
>>47646939
>meme country ones
I feel like most of the major players in WW2 would be classified as "meme countries" by SOMEBODY

>>47647135
Power armour with animal hide decoration is my Marine fetish. Don't care if it's furry, scaly or leathery. Except icky traitors with human faces stretched across. Unless the human face is smiling.
>>
>>47647448
No, out of 7 billion people not a single other soul is that retardet.
>>
>>47647333
>>47647378
>>47647379

Its a joke.

>>47647390
Same here. Some of my best DA games are against SW and recently some good games against Homebrew BA and we always give each other shit.

>"You are a traitor"
>"You are a furry"
>"You are a Pretty Boy Pansy"

Same goes for the Imperial Fists and especially Ultramarine players.

I guess it is something that only Space Marine Players can do because there are so many of us and such different flavors of fluff.
>>
>>47647466
Fucking furfags. The only mistake the Emperor made was letting Russ have his deviant art account.
>>
>>47647448
>basically loyalist Chaos Cultists with better equipmen
Basically. A little better trained too.
>>
>>47647479
>>"You are a traitor"
>>"You are a furry"
>>"You are a Pretty Boy Pansy"
Vampires
Werewolves
Fat little emo girls
>>
>>47647379
Its the same kind of retards that engage in 100+ post arguments over shit like "Dragonball Z guy could beat Super Sayan guy" or "Master Chief armor is better than power armor".

They're just retards being retards.
>>
>>47647448
How does faith in the Empreror make you a Chaos Cultist?

I mean, if you mean that the emperor is a warp entity (at the very least he's a braindead warp lighthouse keeper), and that latent humanity's psychic faith in him is what gives Sisters their invulnerable saves and can be attributed to other superhuman acts they perform, well then yeah, welcome to the 40k universe.

But warp/empyrean =/= Chaos
>>
>>47647479
>Its a joke.

really.

>I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>47646939
> and meme country ones
most of the meme countries used German Mauser rifles or other rifles produced by major power so they were pretty good
>>
>>47646939
>the Japanese ones and meme country ones
but you repeat yourself
>>
>>47647532
>Its a joke.

At least you can read.

I posted
>>47647152
>>47647256
Thats it. Unless you are the BA player just let it go, if you are go learn what a joke it.
>>
File: smanders.jpg (48 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
smanders.jpg
48 KB, 600x620
>>47647486
>focusing your hatred on the yiffs while I glue drake scale panties to my face
just as planned
>>
>>47647479
>its a joke
one overused just as much as 'orks are a melee race' and '1000 point balanced tau riptide wing lists' posts.
>>47647556
I don't play BA. I play GK and just feel DA and SW players to be rather more annoying than the the rest. Just the way I see it man, both here, and in real life.
>>
>>47647478
So the irony of the Imperium following down the same path of fanatical devotion to a mostly uncaring god created by the emotions and beliefs in the warp and doesn't appeal to anyone else then? Because the idea that the Imperium is basically just doing the same thing as Chaos while saying they aren't appeals to me as the idea of that level of hypocrisy is just right for the setting.

>>47647526
Idea is that if the Big E is basically a Warp God then following him isn't really that different than the others, save he likes to bling things in Gold rather than Spikes.
>>
>>47647563
Fucking scalies.

Fulgrim is in that camp as well since he's managed to turn himself into a fucking snake thing.
>>
>>47647597
>if the Big E is basically a Warp God
he's just a dude, dude

he's also personally responsible for all interstellar travel in the empire
>>
I've heard that Spaves Wolves and Dark Angels hate each ohter's guts. What's the reason behind their rivalry? What other chapters are known for disliking each other?
>>
File: The Black Rage.jpg (12 KB, 236x325) Image search: [Google]
The Black Rage.jpg
12 KB, 236x325
>MFW i just wanted to post about my chapter because i revere my primarch's sacrifice
/tg/ im oh so sorry
>>
>>47647715
>I've heard that Spaves Wolves and Dark Angels hate each ohter's guts.

They dont, dont learn fluff/rules via word of mouth. Its a friendly rivalry that comes from when their primarchs got into a fight and ever since then they have a friendly duel whenever the two chapters meet.
>>
>>47647715
>Spaves Wolves and Dark Angels hate each ohter's guts.
it started before the heresy,and all legions were put togther in two's to make taking systems easier,so the dark angels and space wolves were teamed up.and in the dulan system there was this tyrant named durath,who was sacrificing thousands of imperial priests,then insulted russ by calling him the emperors lap dog and he would feed him to his pet grox,russ swore he would cut duraths head from his shoulders,and demanded that jonson let him lead the attack,jonson who had scouted the fortress defenses for days and also wished himself the honour refused russ's demand.that night the lion with some squads hid in the cover of night,waiting for dawn.when russ charged the gates he found himself at the gates with some artillerry cannons staring down at him,but were destoryed by the lions devastators squads,russ watched as his brother slay durath on the walls,when the chaos forces saw that there leader was slain they went into a panic,by this time the wolves had just entered the fortress,in there anger they went threw the fleeing forces of chaos,either sides for them was doomed,for they could run into the dark angels or the wolves. after the battle russ stormed into the fortress to where the lion was planning the next campagin,russ struk the lion,from which they fought each other for a day and a night,neither could beat each other,for russ was stronger the lion was faster.they then stoped fighting both tired,russ started to laugh,seeing the humour in what had just happened,the lion on the other hand had saw what russ did was treacherous and struck him over the head,knocking him out,jonson then saw that his honour was restored.when russ awoke a day later he found that the dark angels left for the next battle,he then swore he would get his honour back.

They now have like a ritualistic honor combat whenever they meet between two compnay mastes or champions.
>>
>>47647646
No, he's personally responsible for being a reference point for all interstellar travel through the warp, but isn't actually tug boating ships around through it.

And he's a dude who is being fed a thousand psykers a day (ritual sacrifice), has ritual bonding with sanctioned psykers (blessed by a chaos god), is attributed thousands of miracles (like Saint Celestine's "can't die" stuff (the only other explination for which is she's actually an Immortal, which means she's got her daddy's spunk in her), and has a following 16,000,0000,000,000,000+ strong. That's a lot of belief fueling him and could push the transhuman Big E from just an immortal unification of the strongest shaman on Terra to being a literal god instead of just one in name only.

I mean it's just how I see the fluff but I like the Imperium having that extra layer of hypocrosy where they ban worshipping Warp entities (who are dubbed gods), but then do the same exact thing themselves.
>>
>>47647762
>"Friendly"

No, the Feast of Blades is friendly, this is a ritualistic dick measuring contest.
>>
>>47647646
>personally responsible
As one of untold psykers about to be mulched into the Golden Thrones giant meat-blender power generator, I curse you with my last breath. Or well, I would but I'm on a Black Ship and I can't cast malediction powers while embarked on a transport...
>>
>>47647715
Old rivalry.

Back in the crusading days Wolves and Lions were on a mission to take a fortification, they agreed to rest and attack at dawn, but in the middle of the night the Lion saw an opportunity and took it, at dawn Russ woke ans saw it take along with the glory, so he walked up to the Lion called him a sneaky git and slugged in in the face, they had a brawl and ended up in a tie, Russ turned to walk away and the lion attacked him as he walked away.

Since then they've been rivals.
>>
>>47646605
Blood Angels have the Archangels Sanguine Wing Formation:

2 x 10-man Vanguard squads (MUST have jump packs)
1 Ă— 10-man Sternguard squad transported inside a Stormraven.

They arrive together from reserve on a single roll

Each Vanguards get a free single Power Weapon/Lightning Claw

Each Sternguard get a free Stormbolter / Combi-weapon.

Pretty expensive, but that's 20 PW models, can combat squad into 4 Ă— 5 man teams with some combi weapon goodness.
>>
Are necron scarabs good? I don't mean in a competitive environment though. Any tips on using them that doesn't involve "use the formation durr" or giving them a spyder as support?
>>
>>47647762
It was retconned to be friendly. Earlier fluff stated that it was quite often to the death. But maybe nowadays they have gotten into friendlier terms.
>>
>>47647448
But the Emperor is a god. Anyone who denies it is a fool, starting with the Emperor himself. How else would you call an almost immortal, incredibly powerful and near omniscient being?
>>
>>47647829
Giving them a spider support is kind of the best way TO use them along with "use the formation durr".

The start collecting formation lets the scarabs come back to the overlord when they get wiped. I encountered a Necron player walking his Overlord with a full size unit of these little buggers and they were fantastic tarpitters.

The only other way I have seen them out of formation is with two spiders hiding behind a wall shitting scarabs. Then they rounded the corner like something from The Mummy and devoured a tac squad.
>>
>>47647830
It still happens, occasionally, depends on the champions.
Some are good sports, others are sore losers.
>>
Is the Catachan defense force a good deal?
>>
>>47647933
No.
>>
>>47647933
It's one of the better ones, you don't get saddled with trash units, though the infantry models look awful.
>>
>>47647933
I think it is. You must like the models though. I wanted to buy the Cadian before they stopped selling it.
>>
>>47647979
My brother's in love with their lore so whatever.

Anyways thanks, he's looking at guard for his second army and is either going Catachans or Creed's group.
>>
>>47647871
And now give him a constant daily sacrifice of a thousand fresh souls a day (1000x365.25x10,000=3,652,500,000 psykers so far and counting, not including the many that formed his original conciousness) and a throng of worshipers in the quadrillions. He should be able to at least stand on the level of Slaanesh if not higher in the warp.

Basically "Corpse God" might as well be a proper title and not just a mocking name by Chaos.
>>
Can any of you civilized Mongolians help me pick a color scheme for my Knight House? House Atriedes needs something more than my idea. I was thinking gunmetal and a light brown.
>>
>>47648058
Gun metal and changeling pink.
>>
>>47648058
>I was thinking gunmetal and a light brown

Sounds good. Get some lighter metals, perhaps even a silver if you are going to do any shading and need a high light source.

How light of a brown are you thinking? A bright as a tan or something like soft leather?

Maybe think of a third colour for Iconography and flavour. A Darker color but colour probably. Not black but like Dark Green/Red
>>
>>47648058
Any theme, pattern, history to go on?
>>
>>47648101
No shut up and just tell me my colour scheme is good with the most minimal information I can supply!

GOSH!
>>
I was flipping through IA13 and spotted a white and red scheme attributed to the "Slaughterkin". And while I can tell they're Khornate in nature, does anyone know anything else about these guys?

They caught my attention because the scheme broke the usual Khorne patterns of "mostly red".
>>
>>47648035
I don't think you quite comprehend how powerful Horus's beat down was. Sanguinus was a primarch, a Psychic one at that, and arguably the best fighter in the Galaxy outside the Emperor. And Horns was able to completely eliminate his existence and cause a psychic echo that reverberate through his legion to this day.

The Emperor was able to survive that, and kill Horus and be able to be put on life support is amazing.
>>
I'm writefagging something and was wondering if "Astral Bears" was a good chapter name.
>>
What's the modus operandi of the Imperium when it finds a xeno planet inhabitable by humans? What if it has valuable resources?
>>
>>47648138
>does anyone know anything else about these guys?
I know they have lexicanum entries.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 194x259
>>47648157
>>
>>47648157
Well not bad. But I suggest you use some other name for bear. Latin or something.
>>
What army's flyers would work well with Tau?

Tau's flyers are all ugly and I hate them.
>>
>>47648157

A chapter based around bears might be neat.

Or is it too on the homoerotic nose.
>>
>>47648157
Pretty huge rip of the Imperial Fist chapter "Astral Wolves" but they were a rip off of Luna Wolves so fuck em.
>>
>>47648035
He isn't called the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for no reason.
>>
>>47648151
The Emperor has the collective "by your powers combined" of all of the Primarchs and erased Horus from existance so bad the Chaos Gods can't even bring his ass back.

So yeah, the big E not really putting up a fight and letting his arm get torn off while he sacrifices his son and have a regular human try and protect his lame ass is not really that impressive.
>>
>>47648184

Barracuda and Remora.
>>
>>47648157
>>47648183
Space Bears- a Space Wolf successor chapter!

Astralus Ursines- a hipster Space Wolf successor chapter!
>>
>>47648183
Astral Ursine?

>>47648195
Can't be any gayer than furries already are.

>>47648197
I was thinking basically a crusading Space Wolves chapter but bear themed and no werebears.
>>
>>47648157
>>47648183
Ursus Astrales
>>
>>47648202
It's pretty hard to kill your own son, Emperor or not. Horus also had boundless potential to lead the Imperium.

The Emperor isn't just some emotionless psycho like most people in 40k.
>>
>>47648195

I say a Bear within an atom with the electrons orbiting aroun it. A flag of a Russian city. It's real.
>>
File: 230px-Clan_Ghost_Bear_.jpg (18 KB, 230x218) Image search: [Google]
230px-Clan_Ghost_Bear_.jpg
18 KB, 230x218
>>47648157
>astral bears
>>
>>47648225
Thanks!
>>
>>47648230
>Horus also had boundless potential to lead the Imperium.

.... according to GW.

According to his actual actions, he was a fuck from start to finish.
>>
>>47648213
Space Wolves don't have successor chapters.
>>
>>47648232
Sounds neat, got a picture?
>>
>>47648254
Your mom doesn't have successor chapters.
>>
>>47648254
Sounds like something the Space Wolves would want us to think!
>>
>>47648254
Well none that survived at least.

That said, Bear Vikings in Space is still a good theme for a Marine army in my opinion.

But my opinion also thinks there should be a Guardsmen army that goes to battle in kilts and that somewhere in the galaxy there is a Waaagh that got started on a Imperial planet that was still basically Industrial Era so they looted steam engines to make their vehicles with.
>>
>>47648247
Because he wasn't ready. I can see potential in a lot of my Walmart employees, but if I threw them out with no guidance they're going to fuck up.

The Emperor was just too excited to go play in the back room instead of stay on the floor.
>>
>>47647904
I just think the formation is OP and I don't have the point nor want to field a spyder. I can make as many scarab bases I want due to them being easy to copy with milliput and green stuff. Almost a literally free way to bulk up your force.
>>
>>47648258
>>
>>47648230
>Horus also had boundless potential to lead the Imperium.
And yet he himself said that it should have been Sanguinius
>>
>>47648081
>pink
A desert themed Knight House in pink?
>>47648100
Silver might work.
>>47648101
I'm going with a Dune theme. As for the House's history during the Long Night the House was used a battering ram by a mad Magos trying to bring order to the local sector, and was pretty much nearly a thrall house that dwindled away to near destruction. Now they're barely remembered and the other two Knight Houses in the sector are the ones remembered. Only plus side is that during the Great Crusade they krumped a Daemon Prince with the Emperor.
>>
>>47648313
What makes this even better in my head is I'd already went with them being rust red as I wrote them up.
>>
>>47648035
So, Emps is a nascent Chaos god, at least on par with mid-Fall Slaany the Tranny.

What happens when his physical body dies? Does he continue to hold mankind's interests at heart?
>>
>>47648331
>A desert themed Knight House in pink?
Pink is used as desert camo.

Anyways, A deep midnight blue metallic might work nice with the gunmetal.
>>
>>47648174
Typically this means sending in multiple chapter of Space Marines and accompanying guard regiments to wage a war of extermination to genocide the entire alien species. Sometimes there will be rogue traders that negotiate beforehand and find out if they're hostile or useful to the imperium.

If not exterminated outright, the xenos are either named a protectorate, or forced into mass slavery for the benefit of the imperium. If they're a protectorate, then the imperium basically forms a mutual "We won't fuck with you, if you don't fuck with us" contract with them.

This is what happened with the Eldar during the Great Crusade. Up until fulgrim got into a fight with Eldrad, the Eldar were a protectorate of the Imperium, and it was common courtesy to not fuck with them. In the imperium's view, since the eldar were already going extinct with no way to get around that, they shouldn't waste resources on exterminating them. At the same time, the Eldar are more than capable of putting up a ridiculous fight, and so any attempts at exterminating them would also be a massive waste of resources.

Even today, there's plenty of occasions where the imperium voluntarily chooses to just not fuck with the space elves, because it's often just not worth the trouble.
>>
>>47648225
correct latin is either
Ursus Astrale (singular)
Ursi Astrali (plural)
>>
>>47648254
loyalists anyway.
>>
>>47648369
He might. I mean Mork and Gork are still largely tied to what happens to the Orks so I could see the same from the Big E.
>>
>>47648382
Surviving sucessors then.
>>
>>47647466
I never mentioned major players, but meme countries, like fucking Brazil and shit who got involved near the end.
>>
>>47646566
lads what are some good blogs and stuff to follow, stuff for news, releases and cool paint jobs?
>>
>>47648396
Skyrar's Dark Wolves, AFAIK, are still active.
>>
File: ragnar fucking kills a guy.png (270 KB, 3724x684) Image search: [Google]
ragnar fucking kills a guy.png
270 KB, 3724x684
>>47647715
They would be mates if the space wolves could stop being complete cunts.

>>47647813
>taking the glory
I don't think Lion even understands that term, as far as he was concerned he was putting down the rebellions leader and moving on.

It was only Leman's pride that started their 3 day fight as he had some personal beef with the rebel guy. Saying "it was just a prank bro" and laughing off putting the crusade on hold for that long was worthy of a punch to the face.
>>
Anyone interested in some writefaggotry?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19CIxpT_S4QaghfRuGQ9qyaNj_kD9EyilXBkOV-3CduI/edit?usp=sharing
>>
"I murdered thousands for the Emperor and he gave me nothing except his damning silence."

BAD. ASS.
>>
>>47648390
>>47648369
What do Daemons of The Emperor look like?
What's their combat style?
What is his domain?
>>
>>47648452
Sauce?
>>
>>47648426
>was worthy of a punch to the face.
That was what Russ did

Lion attacked him while he had turned his back.

So yes, honour and glory are clearly alien to him.
>>
>>47648452
Much heresy.
>>
File: Original Saint.png (586 KB, 596x858) Image search: [Google]
Original Saint.png
586 KB, 596x858
>>47648458
Damons would likely be seen as "Living Saints" like Celestine, their combat style would pretty much be Imperial (drown the enemy in bodies and let the Marines take the credit. That or "burn everything and call it a win"), and his domain would likely be "Humanity, Fuck Yeah".

More seriously, he's the god of the Imperium. His domain is that, much like how Gork and Mork are gods of Orks as a domain and not Gods of "strategy" and "brute force".
>>
>>47648458
>What do Daemons of The Emperor look like?
Living Saints. Like Celestine, they just randomly show up and merc things. And have been seen to "die" multiple times.
>What is his domain?
Chaos God of Order.
Pretty much every hive world is a Deamon World, were millions live and suffer in squalor.
>>
>>47647536
I'm talking about shit like Mondragón rifles or Krag–Jorgensen's rifle.

I hardly consider Norway or Mexico to be major players in WW2.

>>47647549
Eh.... You can't consider Japan as a meme country in WW2. They were kinda important for various reasons.
>>
>>47648458
Enormous men in gleaming giant's armour

>What's their combat style?
Varies beyond count, potent beyond measure

>What is his domain?
The Imperium
>>
>>47648480
>Lion attacked him while he had turned his back.

Nah, the duel was still ongoing when Russ decided to start laughing like a mongrel and then got punched so hard he woke up after the entire DA legion left to another planet.
>>
>>47648480
Russ threw the first one, Lion threw the last. It doesn't really matter how you fight a traitor to the Emperor's cause anyway.
>>
>>47648458
I'm a fan of Daemons of the Emperor looking like ghostly humans, with some of more powerful ones being the Legion of the Damned. And Living Saints being his Daemon Princes.

I know there are some blurbs of the ghosts of the faithful rising up and fucking shit up, but I don't know the source (s)
>>
>>47648537
I kind of remember that! It was pretty badass but I can't recall the source either.

Also Grey Knights had the whole Ghost Knights thing which was pretty cool IMO. Granted that was the psychic echo of a dead company but still.
>>
>>47648458
The Legion of the Damned are his demons, and Living Saits are his daemon princes. The sanguinor (I believe?) would be akin to a greater daemon.
Sisters of battle and the forces of the Ecclisiarchy would be his cultists.

>What's their combat style?
Drown them in bodies and fire. Overwhelming unnecessary force.

>What is his domain?
Order and rigid control. and all the good and bad things associated with that
>>
File: age-of-sigmar-stormcast-models.png (519 KB, 888x497) Image search: [Google]
age-of-sigmar-stormcast-models.png
519 KB, 888x497
>>47648458
You mean Angyls? Like pic related. Try reading The Shape of the Nightmare to Come, where it explains what Emps as a Chaos God would be like, literally the chaos god of order and law.

His domain is absolute law and unthinking obedience, where all of his subjects are forced to walk in a perfectly straight line until they die of starvation, while those who disobey are struck from reality itself into nonexistence.

His Angyls are essentially ascended space marines, and take the form of daemons in golden power armour, who organize themselves into chapters. So yea, just space marines that are now semi-corporeal.
>>
>>47647762
Warzone: Fenris
You might wanna familiarize yourself with it.
>>
File: Where the yiffs at.jpg (235 KB, 1600x1373) Image search: [Google]
Where the yiffs at.jpg
235 KB, 1600x1373
>mfw all these Battle-Brothers fighting for the Lions honour

WheresTheYiffsAt.jpg
>>
>>47648516
would the new sigmarines gold look good on a living saint model?
>>
>>47648528
>>47648525
Abloobloo

Why don't you follow you primarch, abandon your duty to go deal with your treasonous kin.
>>
>>47648370
But how is pink a good desert camo?
>>
>>47648589
Probably. A nice gold always looks good in my opinon.

Then again in my head I want to do an all Gold Sisters army but that's because I think they should look over the top and not like they're trying to wear bra and panty colors. :P
>>
>>47648608
Fuck if i know science something something heat shimmer, rosy dawn, whateves, it works.
>>
While we are actually on topic does anyone have that expert of some IG guy hinting to Azrael (or some named DA) that even he knew about the Fallen.

It can't really be that big of a secret right?
Or
Is the secret that a higher up like Luther got corrupted?
Or
Is it the whole "we blew up our own planet" secret?

>>47648572
Not him and haven't read it yet but don't the DA get triggered when a Mongrel Mutant (Wulfen) Kill a scout or something?
>>
File: 1456184429653.png (1 MB, 600x831) Image search: [Google]
1456184429653.png
1 MB, 600x831
>>47648594
We'll deal with yours first.
>>
Why don't Kroot have rules for cannibalism, evolving based on the enemy unit they eat?

... And why do they suck at melee?
>>
>>47648608
not the same anon, but the actual 'pink' for desert camo is called Mountbatten pink, and it's sort of a dull, neutral pink. Pink has the advantage of not redshifting with other colours during the hours of Dawn and Dusk, so that you become literally invisible at those specific times. This effect works especially great in deserts and at a distance.

If you're wondering about whether or not it could hide a knight, understand that the effect is drastic enough to hide an entire battleship. So an imperial knight in such colours would literally turn invisible when standing at the horizon when the sun's setting or rising.
>>
>>47648664
Because GW hates fun.
>>
File: BirdMarine.jpg (69 KB, 1004x493) Image search: [Google]
BirdMarine.jpg
69 KB, 1004x493
>Tfw there are no more Black Templar players so I won't know what its like to jest with a true crusader.

Besides the Black Templars what is a Unique enough chapter that could use its own Codex?

Which of the supplement chapters (DA/BA/SW/GK) should be absorbed (if any)?

Is it true deathwatch may get a codex? Seems like a waste.
>>
Anyone ever felt like playing a certain faction but you didn't want to spend a shitload of money? So you make up some casual shits-n-giggles list that can be converted and fielded for almost free?

In 6th I felt like playing Necrons but I was really strapped for cash, so I bought an Overlord and Lychguard box and I used some Warriors to make a 1K point Royal Court. then I ran 2x5 Warriors and the rest scarabs that I recast.

Total cost for 1500pts was like fiddy bux.
>>
>>47648664
They used to.
>>
>>47648627
I feel like the living saint should look pristine rather than the more worn balthasar gold, but at the same time I don't want to shit all over the tried and true.
>>
>>47648664
Kroot evolution is slow. It can take generations for them to adopt a trait. Orks aren't that good at melee, so they should be fixed first.
>>
>>47648697
It pains me to say this but the BA will probably be the next absorbed into the normal codex as we are just normal space marines but with furious charge.
>>
>>47647072
Inquisition, with Crusaders and Death Cult Assassins.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 791x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 791x720
>>47648630
I'll remember that.
>>47648683
>If you're wondering about whether or not it could hide a knight, understand that the effect is drastic enough to hide an entire battleship. So an imperial knight in such colours would literally turn invisible when standing at the horizon when the sun's setting or rising.
>entire battleship
>Imperial Knight in such colors would literally turn invisible when standing at the horizon when the sun's setting or rising
>mfw
That's beautiful, Anon. I can only imagine the reaction of anyone who finds themselves surrounded by these Knights.
>>
>>47648458

Undead marines in eternally burning armor or beautiful maidens that may or may not be radiating with eternal fire.

His domain is man made fire and honorable close combat with fire support is his style.
>>
>>47648835
>beautiful maidens
Please, Sisters are where noble send those daughters that are too ugly to marry off.
>>
>>47648835
I really do wish GW would give us Living Saints unit in new SoB list... if they ever bother to update the line.
>>
>>47648909
>noble

They are orphans of war.
>>
>>47648909
Sisters are orphans of Imperial Servants. Not unwed rich girls who are unwanted.
>>
>>47648426
Ragnar really did that? And it seemed a cool guy in his novels... Its a shame they changed the writer.
>>
>>47648918
You've got them. Just use Celestine's statline.
>>
I thought Vedros released today? Why isn't it on the Webstore?
>>
>>47649001
Nothing releases on a week day.
>>
>>47648976
Ragnars used to be an absolute shit i his younger days, worst of any Blood Claw,,he's gotten better though.
>>
>>47648986
Not that anon but a generic Living Saint would be nice. She could have options and access to artefacts like the generic DPs do.
>>
>>47649048

I'm wondering if they will ever have a conclave of Living Saints formation.
>>
>>47649181
I don't know but it sounds awesome.
>>
How long after the Waaagh! of The Beast did Abaddon launch his first Black Crusade?

Both conflicts were in that same era weren't they?
>>
File: sisters are doomed.jpg (209 KB, 926x682) Image search: [Google]
sisters are doomed.jpg
209 KB, 926x682
>>47649048
>>47649181
That would assume sisters ever get an update
>>
>>47649450
You mean a model update and not a codex one I assume.
>>
>>47649374
The Beasts waagh took place in Y544 M32
First Black crusade was in Y783 M31.
>>
>>47649519
First black crusade didn't do much, did it? It was pretty much abaddon popping down the shops for some milk.
>Got it, right, everyone back to the Eye
>>
>>47649450
NEVER EVER
>>
>>47649577
He got a sword and was recognised by most as the successor of Horus, the champion undivided, chose of chaos.
>>
What's the best AA flyer in the game?

The best anti-infantry flyer?

The best anti-ground-armor flyer?
>>
>>47649686
>What's the best AA flyer in the game?
Crimson Hunter.

>The best anti-infantry flyer?
Not sure

>The best anti-ground-armor flyer?
Crimson hunter
>>
>>47649686
V U L T U R E
U
L
T
U
R
E

At least, it is the most fun anti-infantry flyer. the absurdly accurate BRRRRT never gets old. If only we could put Pask in one.
>>
>>47647371
That spaz won't STFU about how his group won't let him use the GW books anymore, but now my club is the same. Another Orkbro hates homebrew but jumped on the bandwagon.
>>
>>47649686
>What's the best AA flyer in the game?
Crimson hunter, stormhawk, or stormfang.

Eh. Burna-bomba's pretty good if you're not facing marines. I guess stormwolf/fang if you are for the AP3.

>The best anti-ground-armor flyer?
Vendetta.

>The best all-round flyer?
Yeah, you didn't ask that, but fuck it. I say the stormfang gunship: it's a Fighter, it has anti-armour (lance and lascannons) and it has a large blast.
>>
>>47647371
>My only beef with it is now we suffer the problem of Superheavies in casual games, as the 'Orkanauts are just as tough to deal with as knights, and are just as killy.

That's why you shouldn't play with superheavies in casual games.
>>
Is the Fire Raptor not a Loyalist Flier others fear? I have been going against one semi Regularly and I have to say Knights are easier to deal with.
>>
How're IG as allies for Tau?

Your assistance in this matter is appreciated, gue'vesa.
>>
>>47649875
The main problem with the Raptor's twinlinked rape gun is that it's hard to line up a good shot more than once or twice. Other than that it's pretty horrifying, yeah. I've had great success with mine.
>>
>>47649892
Unnessecary
>>
7th tier list

Allah tier: Nids

Infidel tier: Everything else
>>
>>47649892
DESU they really don't fill any roles that Tau are lacking.

Better off spending those points on more Tau
>>
>>47649927
>>47649930
But I like them.

They really don't bring anything to the table?
>>
>>47649892
You're bringing a shooty army to ally in with the shootiest army.

Unless you really feel like you're missing out on pie-plates, it's probably not worth it.
>>
>>47649820
> That spaz won't stfu about his group not letting him use the GW book
Wut? I'm guessing that you're trying to say that your own group banned the orkbro from using the GW codex because it's unfair for everyone?

>>47649847
Yea, I plan on having a chat with him about this soon. Although I'll let him have a few games of killy fun.
>>
>>47649847
This is the answer, unless you & a buddy have an agreement/scenario drafted up. But hell, I did that whenever I ran Dread Mobs, too. I knew they wouldn't list tailor but wanted to give them a shot at handling massed armor.
>>
>>47649929
So you like pyrovores?
>>
>>47649942
Meat, slightly cheaper than kroot but not battle brothers.
>>
>>47649942
Nothing that Tau don't already do.

I mean if you like them go for it. Just be careful of One Eye Opened affecting your units.
>>
>>47649954
No, I mean Space Odin kept saying his group banned the GW dex because it's shit, and now so did my group. Nothing of value was lost, because as much as I hate homebrew, it isn't retarded like the GW dex and I can run my Goff Decurion outside of fucking Apocalypse games.
>>
I would drop 40k like a hot biscuit if there was a game where every vehicle was in this style.
>>
What if every army came with a points modifier?

So, Orks get 2x points, Tyranids get 1.5x, Tau get .8x, Eldar get .5x, etc.
>>
>>47650035
Vehicles with fully exposed frontal treads, that leave itself open to being easily disabled?
>>
File: sisters are doomed part 2.jpg (220 KB, 929x682) Image search: [Google]
sisters are doomed part 2.jpg
220 KB, 929x682
>>47649516
>Implying you'll ever get either
Brettonia died on that waiting list.
>>
>>47650090
then at that point you might aswell half the points cost of orks instead of adding a special rule for each race
>>
>>47650117
It looks cool

If I wanted a game with tanks in a realistic style there's loads of those
>>
>>47650090
Personally would rather GW ups the points on everything so it's easier to set up differences because right now upgrades / models are too close imo without going into decimals.

Also in a 1000pt game under your modifiers I doubt 500pts of Eldar could beat 2000pts of Orks
>>
>>47650090
GW rake in the dough as bad armies are forced to bloat to compete.
>>
Space Wolves 1850 list

Unleashed Detachment

HQ
>Wolf Lord: Thunderwolf Mount, Axe of Blind Fury, Runic Armor, Helm of Durfast -220 pts
>Wolf Lord: Thunderwolf Mount, Armor of Russ, Frost Axe -210 pts

Troops
>Blood Claws x5: WGPL with power fist, power fist Blood Claw, Melta gun -135 pts
>Blood Claws x5: same setup -135 pts
>Blood Claws x5: WGPL with melta bombs, power fist Blood Claw, Meltagun -110 pts
>Blood Claws x5: Same setup -110 pts

Elites
>Wulfen x5 with Frost Claws -210 pts
>Venerable Dreadnought: Great Axe and Blizzard Shield and Drop Pod -180 pts
>Venerable Dreadnought: same setup -180 pts

Fast Attack
Thunderwolf Cavalry x4: Storm Shields and Frost axes -300 pts, in same unit as both Wolf Lords

That comes out to 1790 pts. I have the parts to kit in a base Blood Claw squad for 60 more pts to round it up. Any suggestions on what to do with those 60 pts though? Or how to improve my list?
>>
>>47650118
Sisters have had two codex updates in the last few years, first the one in 5th to get their rules current and split the Inquisition out and then again in 6th to update based on model availability and to get them in line with the rules.

They are likely to see another codex update just to keep them afloat. The real issue is a full update that has models and a book.

Also Britonnians didn't even a token rules update before they disappeared so they aren't like Sisters.
>>
File: SCSkitarii_ProdSlide[1].jpg (102 KB, 640x336) Image search: [Google]
SCSkitarii_ProdSlide[1].jpg
102 KB, 640x336
Which one of the "Start Collecting!" boxes is the best bang for your buck?

And which one is the more solid tier wise?
>>
>>47650225
Do the blood claws have drop pods that you've forgotten to tell us about or something? 5 man units running across the field will probably die like bitches.
>>
>>47650362
1. Skitarii
2. Tau/Skitarii
>>
>>47650362
I believe Skitarii saves you the most money, closely follows by Tau. In terms of ranking the power of their formations, I've heard good things about the Necron one and the Marine one can be abusable with fortifications and emplaced guns.

In terms of army tiers in general... WarConvo aside, the meta armies with SC boxes are Marines, Tau and Crons. Although the actual models you get in the Marine box are not that great.
>>
>>47650426
War Convo is not good anymore?
>>
>>47650480
It's alright, but the big cheese came in the form of allied drop pod taxis, which as of the 7th FAQ is no longer possible. It's still top tier as far as SkitMech goes, though.
>>
>>47650480
WarConvo is still great, it just took a hit with the loss of Dante's Used Pod Emporium.
>>
>>47649846
>its a Fighter
>using skies of bloat
laughingeverybody.jpg
>>
>>47650563
>implying these rules won't get rolled into the main rulebook just like apocalypse was
>>
>>47648697
Dark Angels should have been absorbed into the core codex, but it's too late for that.

Unless they get a new codex that significantly restructures how the army plays, Blood Angels should probably be rolled into the core codex.

The bigger issue is that all the non-core codexes need to be updated with the Chapter Tactics special rule to neuter the Super Friends builds.
>>
>>47650277
>Sisters have had two codex updates in the last few years
>Chaos didn't even get a 7ed ed codex
Why
>>
>>47650600
They should bring back codex angel of death as a complete update for the blood angels and a soft one for the DA that unfucks the deathwing.
>>
>>47650624
>3rd ed Chaos
>3.5
>4th ed CSM
>5th ed CSM
>6th ed CSM
>Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter supplements
>Supplements updated for 7th with formations and new shit

Yeah sure are in the same boat with Sisters.
>>
>>47650380
The last game I played was against Necrons, and my thunderwolf cavalry tore a 6 man squad of Lichguard, a 10 man immortal squad, and an annihalation barge apart in 4 turns before the guy conceded because he hadn't captured a single point at the beginning of turn 5. I haven't been too worried about it, but I could probably spend those extra points on a drop pod or two.
>>
File: 99550101503_GravitonGunSet01.jpg (37 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99550101503_GravitonGunSet01.jpg
37 KB, 600x620
The 30k grav guns are so different from 40k in appearance and rules. I suppose 30k plsma guns and other weapons look different too (based on weapons designs from early Warhammer 40k), but are the grav guns separated by 10,000 years even the same tech?
>>
>>47650362
Space Wolves. Thunderwolf Cav are an amazing deal.
>>
>>47648426
So, after Ragnar murdered the Dark Angel's champion, what happened? Does he kill another? Does his chapter even punish him for slaying a fellow loyal astartes, or are they too busy with their incestous wolf-fucking?
>>
>>47650624
Sisters don't have a 7th Ed book yet either and CSM at least got new models in its last update.
>>
>>47650730
As far as I remember graviton tech wasn't supposed to be for killing shit. Being the Imperium it was still able to do quite a good job, though.

Grav weapons are the result of some mad magos taking graviton technology and properly weaponizing it. Hence why it is so OP.
>>
>>47650671
At this point in time it makes no sense to have those two in a combined book. None of their unique units overlap.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-06-15-55-51.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-06-15-55-51.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Sadly I can't find one picture of what one of their Marines looks like.

I like the white though.
>>
>>47650730
Graviton Imploders are 40k Grav guns.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-06-15-54-07.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-06-15-54-07.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>47650785
>>
>>47650785
>>47650809
>pre-heresy world eaters
>replace blue with red
>>
>>47650524
>>47650508
I see, but I been hearing sometime in the future there might be a third adeptus mechanicus codex, do you think they'll add some sort of fast transport in there?
>>
>>47650782
They never really did overlap much anyway, it's simply a way of cutting down books.
>>
>>47646744

Go read a fucking codex you pleb

A power weapon costs more than three men and aren't just handed out to random faggots
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.