[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They're actually making flashy postmodern lands where words
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1442515874399.jpg (50 KB, 263x746) Image search: [Google]
1442515874399.jpg
50 KB, 263x746
They're actually making flashy postmodern lands where words and names have no meaning.

>Blood "Crypt"
>Bloodstained "Mire"

This is the future you chose.
>>
>>47643075
Who cares? The art quality is solid. Perfect fidelity to original art just turns reprints into variations on a theme, which gets boring. Obviously they can't change the names.
>>
>>47643186

I would never guess that the second card is showing a mire. I would have assumed... some kind of tentacle vortex.
>>
>>47643402
To reiterate: who cares? The average person doesn't even know what a mire is in the first place.
>>
>>47643429
To be fair, it's gonna be harder for the average person to know if the average usage of the term is "tentacle vortex", sort of like how ignoramuses think "eldritch" means "tentacle vortex", or the same for "anime"
>>
>>47643075
The latter IS a mire.
Think 'person sinking into it looking upwards'
>>
>>47643186
>The art quality is solid

it's jus a bunch of blotchy fucking spikes everywhere in vaguely relevant colours.
>>
>>47646893
> the amazing foiling process that excebtuates the detailing of the art
> the faded overlay where the text is
> the vibrant colors
Have you ever seen one in person? They are fucking amazing
>>
>>47647246
Okay, but what do they depict?
>>
>>47643186

No, the art depicts a bunch of ambiguous blobs.

What's wrong with you man?
>>
>>47647246

all of that shit IS nice, but none of it is card art, it's all layout and printing tech, so I don't know why you're using it to answer criticism about the art.
>>
>>47647311
>bloodstained mire
Vine like formations coming out of the ground, just like the kahns art
>blood crypt
Looks like some sort of desolate rock formation
If you don't like the ambiguous artstyle I can understand that, but you can't deny the quality of these cards are a+
>>
If you switched the art of the cards, it would make more sense. As it stands, Mire looks like a big cavern while Crypt looks like a rock formation in a swamp.
>>
They aren't making them, they are made.
>>
>>47643075
Well those are Zendikar lands so they get to just pull the "eldrazi was here and twisted the landscape" card to explain why the names and artworks doesn't fit 100%.

Not that it really matters all that much, to me at least. I'm not a huge fan of the design of the expedition lands, but I don't have a problem with them sometimes trying out new art styles.
>>
>>47647246
>they even have a watermark
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.