[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This Tavern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: images(6).jpg (11 KB, 245x205) Image search: [Google]
images(6).jpg
11 KB, 245x205
What is it that makes this tavern special?
>>
>>47639951
The beer wenches
>>
>>47639951
The tables are mimics, trained to open mouths in the center, for easy garbage disposal.
>>
>>47639951
This is a tavern for ants.
>>
>>47639951
It's bigger on the inside. Don't ever take a portable hole into it.
>>
>>47639951
A beverage to rival the Huntmaster's draught
The mere smell of which, the Gods would entice
And them that know call it that Famous Ol' Spiced
>>
File: 31570-17892-8769.png (62 KB, 699x704) Image search: [Google]
31570-17892-8769.png
62 KB, 699x704
>>47640043
>>
>>47639951
There are many taverns like it, but this one is mine.
>>
The Tavern has ten doors each opening to a different city
>>
>>47639951
Lord of the Rings did it.

Imagine if The Hobbit had been the definitive work and every campaign started with the party barging in a player's home.
>>
>>47640043
Beat me to it.
>>
>>47639951
It doubles as a Clock Tower
>>
There are many like it but this one is mine
>>
>>47639951
it's the only one in a 500 km radius
>>
>>47639951

There are many taverns like it, but this tavern is by far the worst.
>>
>>47639951
On the surface its a simple well off tavern on the edges of the Capital.

But beneath it lies another locale of sorts, down through the wine cellar, behind the cask of '72 D'vae (a wine so bad only one cask was ever tapped) there is a door painted black with the emblem of the God of Freedom and Chaos.

Within lies the House of Revelrie and many a local noble and aristocrat makes use of its services to indulge in their most depraved and darkest desires, all while making the Proprietess rich.

(Basically a hellfire club hidde underneath)
>>
>>47639951
Anon, it's the one place in the world
Where everybody knows your name
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same.
You wanna go where everybody knows your name.
>>
>>47639951
It's the only open Tavern with live people in the middle of a necropolis with the sign, "undead, liches, & thropes need not enter"
>>
>>47639951
its interior is rounded so there's no corners for the loners to sulk in and the patrons are cheery and civil even when 20 beers deep.
>>
>>47639951
There are many like it but this one is mine.
>>
>>47642493
Ok.
Yes.
This
In my Next Game.
Whole Party meets in same Tavern.
All of them actually long time patrons and as each enter their names are called out.
Introductions. Done.
>>
>>47639951
Every single serving girl is large-breasted and gives you complementary titfuck and/or blowjob with your drink.
>>
>>47643764
soooo, Hooters without the cocktease bit?
>>
>>47639951
The tavern of many.
One day a drunk wizard ripped the space around the inn, making it appear at several places at the same time.
So now you can find that tavern in every major city, and because of that it became a great place to exchange intel or post requests (because anyone from anywhere can come here) but no travel because when you leave you always end back to the city you came from.
>>
>>47640106

Oh, pour me a slug of it
Throw me a mug of it
Bring me a jug of that Famous Ol' Spiced!
>>
>>47643806
Why do people go to Hooters? Its basically sitting around to get expensive sub-par food and get blue balled for an hour or two.
>>
>>47646294
How do they deal with thieves?
>>
>>47646719
plot hook
>>
It allows the playing of traditional games in a non-judgmental atmosphere
>>
>>47639951
The roof isn't leaky and the beds are nice.
>>
The Old Oak lies upon the site of a sacred tree, once a gathering place for festivals and celebrations. One year, an evil force was set to fall upon the celebrants, turning their joy into death and despair... And then the oak rose. A truly ancient tree, mighty and tall, rose upon its roots and let loose a bellow that broke glass and scattered those who would harm the good people around it. Still, it chased them down, following with mighty strides, breaking their ranks and crushing them to nothing.

But it was not a victory without cost. The Old Oak had been sleeping for so long, his wood was brittle and his energy nearly spent... As he found his way back to his resting place, he told a story of countless centuries... Of the true joy he felt at seeing those around him enjoy life, of the sacred nature of such things.

When he died, all who were present acted as one... His trunk and branches became the body of the grand inn, and each person present took home an unaging leaf, a memento of their protector and friend.

Of course, these days it is all just a story... But the inn retains some of its predecessors ire at those who would spoil the festival. Furniture shifts to get in their way, floorboards fall from under their feet or swing up to strike them, and the doors always give them a heavy smack on the way out. There is a good reason it is considered one of the safest inns for many hundreds of miles around.
>>
>>47642493
This. In fact, thread theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-mi0r0LpXo
>>
>>47648831
I like this. It's magical in a kind of earthy, comfy way, rather than rifts in space-time, or wizardry or something like that. That seems fitting for an inn.
>>
>>47639951
It's a big tavern.
>>
>>47639951
They have a strict and heavily-enforced rule against alignment-detection spells. This tavern is for all adventurers, regardless of creed, color, faith, or alignment.
>>
This thread is comfy.

Keep it coming.
>>
File: 1458434612918.jpg (148 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
1458434612918.jpg
148 KB, 800x670
>>47639951
It can shrink and service halflings, gnomes, and even small fairy folk. Or it can grow to be just the right size for elves and humans.

Wonder what will happen once a giant wants to drink a beer?
>>
It's the only fireproof tavern for miles.
>>
It's where the city guards gather when they want to retire themselves from the world for a few hours.
>>
Pale lager hasn't been invented yet, so the beer actually has flavor.
>>
File: 1410477687777.gif (9 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1410477687777.gif
9 KB, 645x773
>>47642493
>Anon, it's the one place in the world
>Where everybody knows your name
>and they're always glad you came.
That actually hurt me, anon.
>>
>>47639951
All the ERPers go there.
>>
>>47639951
it is famous for it's enormous and drawn out barfights. some last for days and the owner started selling a kind of ale infused with strength potion
>>
I remember seeing a topic like this a while back and saved a bunch of the ideas from it for later use. Here's a few I saved.

>Tavern has a mermaid in a barrel
>Terrible at getting you drinks, but brilliant conversationalist

>Tavern has a stuffed troll head mounted on the wall
>It will answer one question for each patron every night, but its answers are not particularly intelligent and often sarcastic

>Job Board next to main door
>Covered in postings from around the world
>If someone leaves with a posting they will find themselves in the land from which it originated

>one of the barmaids is a clumsy mage the always screws up the orders
>the drinks and food strangely taste like what the actual order was

and my favorite:
>Tavern has a fighting pit in the center
>Owner keeps troll finger in a flask of acid
>every weekend he takes the finger out and throws it in the pit
>It regenerates into a full troll and people go down to fight it
>Nobody ever wins except the retired adventurer tavern owner
>At the end of the night he kills it and returns the finger to its flask
>>
>>47654583
>weekend arena fight against a troll
>the troll never remembers what happens between weekends, since the brain is destroyed
That sounds fun as fuck.
>>
>>47639951
nothing at all, because nothing is special about anything, ever
>>
>>47639951
The beer is good, and the patrons are friendly.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.