[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Quest #147
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: Quest OP.jpg (378 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
Quest OP.jpg
378 KB, 700x1000
Preparing for the Belt Edition

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gobble
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: http://pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: http://pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: http://pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: You and Geno stormed the security office to stop a Team Imperium infiltration.

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes are always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear vote winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever! This is not a video game. Weak moves tend to be quicker.

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 10

Pokemon on you:
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Fel (Butterfree)
Oberon (Garchomp)
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)
Aria (Meloetta)

Not In Party:
Raistlin (Alakazam)
Devon (Houndoom)
Trunks (Trevenant)
Vlad (Crobat)
Leviathan (Gyarados)
>>
Well Gobbled!
>>
File: TeamRocketMisty.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
TeamRocketMisty.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
You and Geno have stormed the security room and captured the Team Imperium members that were infiltrating. The real security has come in just in time to see you holding the fake security off. It looks every bit like a hostage situation.

“Put your Pokemon away, and your hands up.”

A few Growlithes and Mr. Mimes take position beside the security guards.

“Of course, we’ll happily surrender and expl-” Geno istops himself when he notices one of the guards that came is also a Team Imperium member. He takes a second to think.

The guards get antsy. “I won’t ask again.”

>Point the member out to the real guards.
>Attack the Team Imperium guard. Let them take you in after.
>Surrender. You can slyly mention it to the legit guards before the TI member can do anything, right?
>Let Geno speak. He’s the respected Elite Four leader
>Escape! You’ll sort it out later when you can be sure you’re safe
>Something else
>>
File: Sayman pokebutts.jpg (184 KB, 1000x706) Image search: [Google]
Sayman pokebutts.jpg
184 KB, 1000x706
Time for butts!
>>
>>47634030
For once, we're probably better off leaving it to someone else.
>>
>>47634030
>>
>>47634030
>>Let Geno speak. He’s the respected Elite Four leader
>>
>>47634030

His word will probably mean a lot more than ours.
>>
>>47634030
>>
>>47634030
>>
>>47634030
Shouldn't they recognize how they've never seen any of these captured 'guards' before?
>>
>>47633858
>2AM start
Suffering.

How's it going Gobble?
>>
So anon who kept pushing for a rotor in our dexter... What else are we getting in Sun and moon?
>>
>>47634229
>rotor in our dexter
Is this a euphemism?
>>
>>47634030
>>
>>47634248
It should be!
>>
>>47634498
I imagine it has been, regularly, for our trio.
>>
>>47634248
Rotor. Fuck posting on a phone. I just find the fact that that was pitched as an idea here before Sun and Moon was a thing kind of hilarious.
>>
File: team rocket7.png (157 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
team rocket7.png
157 KB, 500x708
Geno throws up his hands. “We can explain. But it’s important that you all very carefully...”

“He’s got a gun!” One of the hostage members yells before trying to tackle Geno from behind. He quickly spins around and pins them in an armlock. The guards all scramble and two Mr. Mime’s use Thunder Wave, but Altaria uses Safeguard.

“I do not, and I’ll gladly surrender, but you need to listen to me,” Geno keeps a firm hold on the guard. “Step away from that man,” he points to the guard. “Now!” They slowly comply, thinking this is a hostage problem. “There has been an infiltration.”

They seem skeptical, but willing to hear him out. He makes a few good points about the men not being on the register. He even has one of the legitimate guards step inside and use the computer system to check the registrations of the men there. By now, the real police are here as well.

They arrest the fake guards one at a time.

“We’ll need to take you into custody for questioning.” Geno agrees. He retrieves his Altaria and surrenders.

“You too,” the police officer points to you. “It could take a few days.”

Geno winces. “She has an important league match coming up. She needs to train.”

“That’s not my problem.”

Damnit! Maybe you can call in a favor?

>Claim diplomatic immunity. You’re a Viscountess. The royal family will back you, right?
>Violet would definitely be willing to help you out if it means you owe her.
>Ask Geno to do what he can to help.
>A few days isn’t that big of a deal. Just surrender.
>Something else.
>>
>>47634549
R O T O M!

Fucking auto correct.
>>
>>47634549
Your phone is having a laugh, anon!
And who knows, maybe they're gonna crib a ton of ideas from this quest for the next pokemon games. Choose your favorite sexual position, but watch out, your rival will grab one that beats yours!
>>
>>47634585
>Claim diplomatic immunity. You’re a Viscountess. The royal family will back you, right?
>>
>>47634585
>Violet
>>
>>47634585
Fuck it. Kat can use that time to work on herself instead. Maybe make up with dark Kat again. Or make out. Either way.
>>
>>47634585
Clair is best girl.
>>
>>47634585
>A few days in custody for questioning
What kind of legal bullshit is that?
>>
>>47634585
Alright, that went okay. Nice work, Geno.
>>
>>47634585
>Something Else
WAIT, what if we called in our TV connections? They have plenty of sleazy lawyers that can get us out of this.
>>
>>47634699
That's not too bad an idea, but we might have to pay for it. And I don't mean with money.
>>
>>47634585
This is probably a bad idea, but I want to see what happens.
>>
>>47634585
>>
>>47634759
Probably a great big headache...hopefully for people who are not Kat.
>>
>>47634585
>>
>>47634699
>>47634585
Maybe that one.
>>
>>47634585
backing >>47634699
>>
>>47634585
>>47634699
Supporting.
>>
Meh, If Violet wants to have a full powered and fair match she can get us out of this free of charge. If not well I honestly don't care too much about beating her. Beating the Elite 4 was the important part in my opinion.
>>
>>47634699
I'll back this.
>>
>>47634585
>>
The TV station will try to spin this into some sort of big thing aren't they?
>>
>>47634585
>Violet would definitely be willing to help you out if it means you owe her.
Well not sure what she'd even want
>>
>>47634888
That, and we might wind up having to deal with legal bullshit for a few days instead of train anyway.
>>
>>47634888
We can atleast try to ask for them to save it for after the league.
>>47634926
Maybe have someone help so it goes faster though.
>>
>>47634891
probably something to wound our pride and more amenablte to manipulation. Or force us to do something lewd with us to hurt Robin. something bitchy for sure.
>>
>>47634888
At least Kat heroically helping the Elite 4 dealing with dangerous criminals is a GOOD big thing.

You know, once that gets clarified.
>>
>>47634585
>>
>>47634585

>>47634942
I don't know, if we do fight her, I think she'd want us to be at our best to prove her weird ideals.
>>
>>47634585
changing >>47634624
to >>47634699
>>
>>47634891
She would ask for couple days of our time, redeemable at her convenience.
Then cash it in right after wedding with Robin.
>>
>>47634854
Yeah, beating Violet is really more a part of robin's story than ours. We've made a name for ourselves, become independent, gathered a family...

Worst comes to worst we personally know some top-tier trainers like Clair who can at least keep our pokemon sharp for us.

We've been training for this a long time. A few days shouldn't matter too much.
>>
>>47635007
Surely not even Violet would be so reprehensible!
>>
>>47634585
>>A few days isn’t that big of a deal. Just surrender.
>>
Suboptimal choice to go along with it, but it would have been fun to see Kat in jail for a bit.
>>
Honestly I'd like to see what the prices for the different options are before choosing any, because as it is we have no idea what we'd be giving up for any of these.
>>
>>47635137
Its like we have to make a choice or something.
>>
>>47635007
And then Raistlin teleports Violet into a black hole at the edge of the universe. Good End.
>>
>>47635137
I don't really think Kat is in a position for a cost-benefit analysis. After all, this being a work of fiction I imagine we'll be sticking stringently to the idea of one phone-call only!
>>
>>47635149
I'm fine with that, it's more that we're making a completely uninformed choice and I don't know how we'd become more informed. Like for starters, I don't think we can talk to the officers arresting us at all.
>>
>>47635164
Or... or.. Violet and Kat have an affair and never tell Robin about it. Violet will never actually tell Robin, but she always hints at it.
>>
File: jail.jpg (21 KB, 619x351) Image search: [Google]
jail.jpg
21 KB, 619x351
You surrender for now.

“I’m sorry, Kat. This isn’t how I thought it would go. Such a treatment for stopping a plot like this isn’t how it should have gone. I’m positive this long term questioning isn’t legal, unless they’re trying to use some sort of legal loophole.”

“It’s okay, I have a plan.”

“Good. Good. If for whatever reason it doesn’t work out, I’m at your disposal.”

You’re taken into custody and your Pokemon are confiscated. You really, really don’t like that. The officer in charge assures you they’ll be treated well and returned.

You’ve been listening closely and waiting for any questions they might have about your friends. They have nothing to ask about Jeanine and Robin, but they do have questions about Clair and Vance.Everyone is safe. Apparently they stumbled onto a huge stash of Voltorbs and Electrodes though. You can honestly say you don’t know anything about that.

Finally, you’re allowed to make a call. You dial up the agent you’ve dealt with before.

“Kat, baby. I don’t know if I want to strangle you or kiss you. This is going to blow up big time.”

You explain that you’d really like to get out to train.

“Well... I know some really good lawyers and the right people who can move things like this quickly, but we’ll need to put the right spin on this. And the studio will want something in return.” He lays out a few options. “And if those don’t work for you, I think they’ll rev up some bad girl type merchandise and make your public image into that punk that everybody loves to hate.”

>Agree to do a few commercials for them for whatever they want, as long as they don’t take up much time.
>Agree to do bikini modeling for a music video for some album they’re promoting.
>Offer to owe him a favor personally, instead of the company.
>Offer something else
>Screw that noise. Call up Geno
>Just stay the few days. Work on yourself in peace and quiet. Meditate.
>>
>>47635196
>Agree to do bikini modeling for a music video for some album they’re promoting.
Sure, why not. We can tease Robin while it's going, too.
>>
>>47635196
>>Agree to do bikini modeling for a music video for some album they’re promoting.
>>
>>47635196

Seriously, It doesn't matter that much. I think the best way to make Violet mad is to just not even consider her worth beating.
>>
>>47635196
>>Just stay the few days. Work on yourself in peace and quiet. Meditate.
>>
>>47635196
>>
>>47635196

Why not. Let's us get training in.
>>
>>47635196
I don't really see why they insist on making Kat all commercialized when her whole image is based on counter-culture. At least throw her in an avant-garde video for some alt-rock band or something!
That said, bikini Kat is good too.
>>
>>47635196
>>
>>47635196
>>
>>47635196
>>Just stay the few days. Work on yourself in peace and quiet. Meditate.

Isn't Robin facing Violet and then we face Robin?
>>
>>47635229
But what if our being in jail makes it too hard for Robin to concentrate?
>>
>>47635196
>>
>>47635196
>>Agree to do bikini modeling for a music video for some album they’re promoting.
>>
My brain wants us to meditate for some introspection and well-deserved downtime - meditation can be useful, even if there is a risk with Kat's state of mind that it'll backfire.
My heart wants us to do whatever we can to get out so we maximum train and get in tip top shape and be the best we can.
My dick wants bikini Kat.
>>
>>47635196
Training is good. We can meditate even after we do this anyways too.
>>
>>47635301
That's a good point actually. I like it for Kat's part, but it's really kind of unfair to Robin (and our other friends, but they don't have important matches coming.
>>
If modeling wins, it'll certainly be interesting to see their reaction to all of Kat's scars. Wonder if they'll want to cover them up.

Also, honestly, I think if anything needs to be polished back to top state it is probably Kat's mind rather than her pokemon.
>>
File: Throbbing.jpg (46 KB, 632x269) Image search: [Google]
Throbbing.jpg
46 KB, 632x269
>>47635304
>>
>>47635196
>>
>>47635196
>>47635258
I'll switch to
For Robin.
>>
>>47635196
>Offer to owe him a favor personally, instead of the company.
>>
>>47635196
>>
>>47635339
If they ask her to cover them up (or just start to without comment) we should insist on not letting them.

Maybe slightly tone down the worst ones at most, but not obscuring any. Just explain that Kat fans will love them anyway. Besides, it's not like Kat's unattractive whether scars or no scars.
>>
>>47635340
The answer will literally always be heart, as dick throbbing is always a lesser form of the heart's throbbing.
>>
[Let's just be safe, since both training and mental state and public image will all still be relevant again at later points in the quest.

Kat can spend an afternoon being super sexy in a music video for some alt-rock punk band cross promotional thing, or spend a few days in custody and getting some very rare alone time]

>bikini
>custody
>>
>>47635417
>bikini
>>
>>47635417
>bikini
>>
>>47635417
Umm, just to be clear. If we don't do any deals with them, they are going to sin us as a bad girl?
>>
>>47635417
>bikini
>>
>>47635417
>custody
>>
>>47635417
>bikini
>>
>>47635417
>bikini
>>
>>47635417
>custody
>>
>>47635417
>bikini
>>
>>47635440
[Yup! A Miley Cyrus type of thing where your infamy is the product. Execs figure you're on the way out in terms of popularity and want to exploit that angle for one last big sales push. Of course, you could always prove them wrong in the future.]
>>
>>47635417
>alt-rock punk band bikini video
Sounds like quite the event.
And yeah I think both ways have pros and cons for Kat, but the Robin part convinced me. A good chance she'd be worried sick about us the whole time and get little practice or prep done herself. Even if she didn't do that bad, it still feels unfair to put it on her.
>>
>>47635417
>custody
>>
>>47635520
Time is already up pal.
>>
>>47635417
>bikini

Aw yeah time to sell out.
>>
>>47635524
Hey, Gobble didn't specify it was a super-serious final destination 5-minute only vote!

On another note, people should start counting the FD 5 minutes from the first vote of that type instead of from the QM post. Absolutely no difference except late-comers who tab in rarely get a bit more time to reply, since the 5-minute timer doesn't start until said first vote anyway.
>>
>>47635524
Time is already up pal.
>>
>>47635493
let's not become Miley Cyrus, I disliked that woman even before she became slut
>>
>>47635588
Well, to be fair, Kat IS a little bit of a slut anon. But really, while they could paint Kat badly it'd be more in a 'poor character', beat up people way. I don't think we have any tacky near-nude performances or ridiculous fashion/haircut-mistakes around.
>>
>>47635493
What have I not seen this Erika picture before? I must save this for future study.
>>
>>47635650
It's prime studying material!
>>
>>47635619
I'm pretty sure Kat got it on with fewer people than I did. And I'm not a slut, so she can't be a slut either. Logic.
>>
File: 1424653888692.jpg (766 KB, 1200x1700) Image search: [Google]
1424653888692.jpg
766 KB, 1200x1700
“Fine, I’ll do the bikini modelling.”

“Babe, you won’t regret this! This sort of exposure will do wonders, miracles for your career.”

“Yeah huh. You remember how old I am, right?”

You hear laughter on the other side of the phone. “Welcome to showbiz, kid. Now hang tight. My people will make some calls and they’ll have you out in no time. We’ll need you for the afternoon tomorrow.”

True to his word, it doesn’t take any time at all before you’re set free. You get another call from the lawyer assuring you things will be fine, and that all you have to do is just not talk about the incident while they sort it out. Apparently the arresting officer feels very differently than you about the whole Lapras reserve thing, which is why he pushed the boundaries on how long they can hold you.

Upon release, you’re swamped by your friends.

Robin nearly takes the air out of you. Clair gives you a hug, claiming that if she didn’t, you’d probably cry or something gay like that, you emotional dyke, you. Jeanine and Vance offer a hug next.

You all exchange notes on what happened. Clair and Vance go over the Voltorb and Electrode’s they found. “The league is trying to hush it all up. But security should be a lot tighter.”

There’s still a small amount of time in the day. It’ll be five days until Robin fights Violet.

“A-actually, I wanted to talk to you about that,” Robin takes you aside. “I’ve been checking with the rules...and m-...Violet, and she says she’d be willing to fight you first, or both of us at the same time. How do you feel about that?”

You remember Clair’s words about how she thinks Robin would reveal too many tricks to beat both of you in a row. You don’t know how true that is though.

>Robin should battle her first. You believe in her
>You’ll battle Violet first, if she’s okay with that
>Let’s battle her together!
>Let’s battle before then, winner can go on to Violet
>Something else
>>
>>47635802
Sounds like your a sluuu~t!
Really though, I don't keep up with gossip at all either but I thought Miley's sluttiness was all about her changed image too rather than some confirmed count of people she's slept with or whatever.
>>
>>47635834
>>Robin should battle her first. You believe in her
>>
>>47635834
This is for her.
>>
>>47635834
>pic
Enormous! And the resolution is big too!
>>
>>47635834
>Let’s battle her together!
>>
>>47635834
God dammit, Clair, you're not flatso anymore, you don't need to be so tsundere.

>>Let’s battle her together!
>>
>>47635834
>You’ll battle Violet first, if she’s okay with that
>>
>>47635834
>>
>>47635834
>>
>>47635834
>>
>>47635834
Who goes first doesn't REALLY matter much, since we both need to win against her, right? We gotta aim to fight as champion and challenger! Teaming up feels right in terms of beating Violet the person perhaps, but not for beating Violet the Elite 4 champion.
>You should fight solo, but she can decide who goes first.
>>
>>47635834
>>
>>47635834
Oh, we did tell everyone about the photoshoot too right? We definitely want to have them (or some of them at least) around for it in case of shenanigans and let Robin know ahead of time. Just in case she feels the need to vet Kat's bikini.
>>
>>47635834
>Something else. Have we asked Robin if she would like to battle her first.
>>
>>47635834
>>
How old is our party now, anyway? I can't recall if we've had any birthdays on our journey either...
>>
>>47635961
Oh, i like this. Can we do this?
>>
>>47635834
>>Let’s battle before then, winner can go on to Violet
>>
>>47635834
I'd say to let Robin battle her first, but be sure to let her know about Mewtwo, and anything else we know about Violets team.

Maybe get her some earplugs to wear in the match. We should do that too, ignoring all her psychobabble is sure to piss Violet off and deny her an advantage.
>>
>>47636041
10. How is it even a question?
>>
File: friends.jpg (248 KB, 700x481) Image search: [Google]
friends.jpg
248 KB, 700x481
You hold her hands and look her right in her eyes. One fake, one real. It’s no longer something you look at and feel guilty about. It’s just another one of her cute charms now. “You should battle her.”

“B-but...”

“I know you can do this. Kick her ass, and then we can fight it out for the championship.”

Robin nods. “Okay!”

Clair gives an exaggerated yawn. “So to the more important topic, how big is this bikini going to be?”

You have no idea.

“Maybe they’ll let us...err...you pick” Robin says, fidgeting her fingers together.

You start walking back to the hotel. It’s been an eventful day, but it’s not used up yet. How will you spend the rest of it?

>Find Vernon and Immediately try working on that sympathetic mega-evolution. You’ll likely require every single spare minute to learn it, though
>Do a quick training session with one of your Pokemon
>Meditate and relax. You need to be focused
>Pamper Meloetta
>Something else
>>
>>47636150
>>Pamper Meloetta
>>
>>47636150
>Pamper Meloetta
It's time
>>
>>47636150
>Pamper Meloetta
>>
>>47636150
>Pamper Meloetta
>>
>>47636150
>>Find Vernon and Immediately try working on that sympathetic mega-evolution. You’ll likely require every single spare minute to learn it, though
>>
>>47636150
>>
>>47636150
>Pamper Meloetta
Lets get some good medical attention for her from an actual specialist.
>>
>>47636150
>Pamper Meloetta

Then meditate and talk with dark kat, maybe with clair's help.
>>
>>47636150
>>Meditate and relax. You need to be focused
>>
>>47636150
>Find Vernon and Immediately try working on that sympathetic mega-evolution. You’ll likely require every single spare minute to learn it, though
>>
File: 1451774809469.gif (796 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1451774809469.gif
796 KB, 500x281
>>47636150
>>Pamper Meloetta
>>
>>47636150
>Pamper Meloetta

We'll need juice boxes. Lots of juice boxes.
>>
>>47636150
Because even if Violet doesn't matter, Hornbeam will reveal his master plan and we need every ace we have.
>>
>>47636150
>>
>>47636188
>>47636265
>>47636271
>>47636333
>>47636379

Your vote is a vote to be a horrible person.
You should feel bad and then choose to

>Pamper Meloetta
>>
>>47636150
>Find Vernon and Immediately try working on that sympathetic mega-evolution.
>>
>>47636333
Speaking of that, I gotta say gobble that while I'm aware it's hardly some grand and amazing story we're reading here, I'm really digging hoe our biggest antagonist/villain (Violet) is entirely separate from the actual criminal, recurring evil bad guys.
>>
File: queenie_consider.jpg (31 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
queenie_consider.jpg
31 KB, 460x460
>>47636313
>We'll need juice boxes. Lots of juice boxes.
juice bath
>>
>>47636150
>Pamper Meloetta
>>
>>47636432
>hoe
Fuck, I meant how. Damn you phone! I didn't mean to call Violet a hoe!
>>
>>47636454
Phone knows what's up.
>>
>>47636432
I agree, he's done a great job writing this whole quest.

But to break out the theorizing, you're assuming she's not supporting them. They had to have inside info on the league somehow. I bet she's pretending to be on their side so that we're forced to have a "real" battle with her. That's what it would take for Hornbeam to feel this confident, and to be a real threat.
>>
File: 1400069735360.jpg (49 KB, 526x800) Image search: [Google]
1400069735360.jpg
49 KB, 526x800
You take out Meloetta. “Come on. Let’s have a fun evening, just you and me.”

She makes a cute noise and clasps her hands together.

“I’m going to train,” Robin says. She has that very rarely seen confident smile. Don’t slack off. I want to battle you in top shape.”

Oh sweet mercy why is that so sexy when Robin does it? Is it because it's’ so rare? You smile back. “Don’t worry, I won’t hold back!” You walk away with Meloetta.

Despite what you just said, you’re going to do no training for the rest of the day. Meloetta comes first.

You take her to get some juice first, which she eagerly sips down. She’s very proud that she can use the straw all by herself. You pat her on the head. She eagerly drinks and then helps some of the workers draw up more chalk drawings for their specials tomorrow. You try to ignore all the people looking at you and whispering.

You wander around a bit and see a 24/7 Pokemon private clinic. The sign promises specialists of all sorts. Meloetta pulls your arm and points to a karaoke bar. Across the street is some sort of onsen bathhouse with a bunch of amenities. It promises to relax.

>Bathhouse
>Specialist clinic
>Karaoke
>Walk in the park
>Something else
>>
>>47636620
>Specialist clinic
Extra Juice
>>
>>47636620
>>Karaoke
>>
>>47636620
>Bathhouse
>>
>>47636620
>Specialist clinic
But with a promise to go to the karaoke bar and bathhouse afterwards.
>>
>>47636620
>Karaoke
>>
>>47636620
>>Karaoke
>>
>>47636620
Is her voice recoved yet?
>>
>>47636620
>>Karaoke
>>
>>47636620
>Specialist clinic
>>
>>47636620
>>Karaoke
>>
>>47636620
>Karaoke
>>
>>47636691
[Nope. She can make noise and carry a tune, but it strains her to do anything too loudly. She still has that 'lost voice' rasp.]
>>
>>47636620
>Karaoke
Let's see how she's holding up. Plus, her little heart is set on it.
If we notice any irregularities, or if Meloetta struggles
>Specialist clinic
Its 24/7 so we can make a detour.

>Bathhouse
A little self pampering shouldnt hurt. Want to look good for our photo shoot, so we can check out the amenities
>>
>>47636620
>Bathhouse
I'm not sure if a Karaoke is that smart?
>>
>>47636715
>>47636706
>>47636692
>>47636688
>>47636680
>>47636660
Guys do we really want to risk her delaying her recovery? I feel like even if that's what she wants, it raises the highest risk of making her sad.
>>
>>47636620
>Specialist clinic
The Karaoke is just gonna result in Aria tears.
>>
>>47636620
>Specialist clinic
>>
>>47636620
>Specialist Clinic
>>
>>47636620
>Specialist clinic
>>
>>47636620
>Specialist clinic
Maybe something that involves a throat massage or something. Is that a thing? That seems like it could be a thing.
>>
>>47636620
>Bathhouse
At the same time I really don't think the Specialist Clinic is any better since it'll just reaffirm what Geno already said which results in more tears.
>>
File: 1433363574682.png (103 KB, 290x300) Image search: [Google]
1433363574682.png
103 KB, 290x300
>>47636932
Throat massage? For Kat or Meloetta?
>>
>>47636620
>Bathhouse
On the one hand it feels like we're avoiding the issue, on the other I don't think it can be further addressed today. This is why pampering Meloetta was a bad idea by the way. I don't think we're ready to deal with it since she lost her voice (because of us) earlier today and I don't' know if Kat agrees with Geno's advice.
>>
You take her to the karaoke bar. She puts in incredibly admirable restraint not to just fly up to the mic right away. You and her sit down and go over songs for awhile until you choose a few. At first, you do a duet with her. She seems to do well enough for now. There’s a slight rasp in her voice, but she’s not pushing it. The people watching all applaud and cheer as she carries the tune of the song and you fill in some lyrics. You weren’t really feeling it before you came up here and was just making sure she wasn’t alone in case anything happened, but she doesn’t seem to need it.

You let some other people go, then you go up, then let other people go some more. She’s really pounding back those juice boxes, but her spirits are way up. You figure it’s time to call it a night, but she insists on one more song she wants to do with you. It’s one of your favorites. https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=8511440

She looks up at you, giving her most adorable pouty face. A few people and Pokemon in the crowd that have been enjoying the rare treat of a legendary Pokemon known for it’s musical talent cheer you on.

>What the heck. Why not? It looks like it means a lot to her.
>We should probably call it a night
>You really want to take her to that specialist, just to be safe
>Something else
>>
Well here's a thought - considering that she's not at 100%, were we still planning on bringing Aria to our championship match?
>>
>>47636935
Like Genos is probably even more of a specialist than anyone likely to be here, so I don't know why we wouldn't think he's telling the truth.
>>
>>47636992
>>
>>47636992
She had enough fun for today.
>>47637011
I would say not, we have plenty to choose from already.
>>
>>47636992
>>What the heck. Why not? It looks like it means a lot to her.
>>
>>47636992
>>What the heck. Why not? It looks like it means a lot to her.
Just tell her not to push it
>>
>>47636992
>>You really want to take her to that specialist, just to be safe
>>
>>47636992
>Take her to the specialist
But tell her, we'll save this song for our victory celebration
>>
>>47636992
>We should probably call it a night
I really do feel like we should learn how to put our foot down with her for her own good.
>>
>>47636992
>>
>>47636992
>>
>>47636992
>>
>>47636992
Why not is that pushing it could hurt her voice even more.

However, she has been drinking plenty of fluids, and we're here to pamper her right now.

Just make sure she knows not to push it, and give her some more juice.
>>
>>47636964
For Aria.
>>
Damnit I don't know if there's a right answer here at all.
>>
>>47637398
Also I have no idea what won since it looks even and yet there isn't a final destination vote. This is the most stressful pampering ever.
>>
I think that this is more about Kat coming to terms with it. I think Geno was right in his assessment of how Aria feels about it.
>>
>>47637425
5 for Spec
4 for Stay
1 for call it a night
>>
>>47637430
OH GEE? Really?

I'm so sick of people blowing the whole thing out of proportion, this was supposed to be about Aria and Kat made it about herself.
>>
>>47636992
>>What the heck. Why not? It looks like it means a lot to her
>>
>>47636992
>>
>>47637451
Well, yes. I voted for doing the song with her. Kat needs to see that Aria is doing fine and she doesn't need to worry about this so much.
>>
>>47637445
I could have sworn there was five for staying earlier.

Which is why I feel like a final destination is best.

Because I don't know what's best for us or for Aria.
>>
>>47637451
Why are you such a self righteous ass?

There's nothing wrong with feeling guilt and wanting to mitigate it.
>>
>>47637482
>>47637496
>Voting 30 minutes after the vote started
>>47637451
Maybe people just want to know what they can do to help get her voice back faster?
>>
>>47637578
But we already fucking spoke to Genos earlier today. I don't think anyone's gonna be smarter than him on the subject.
>>
>>47637578
Here's your (You).
I don't see the votes tallied, do you?
>>
>>47637562
There IS something wrong with putting yourself ahead of Aria. This visit isn't for her it's for Kat and that's selfish.
>>
>>47637598
>it isn't for her
Nigger what?
>>
I don't know, Aria is a psychic, maybe she could communicate with us on the subject. Like we haven't told her her voice isn't going to be exactly the same, have we?
>>
File: meloetta_by_landon783-d6h1gl6.jpg (155 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
meloetta_by_landon783-d6h1gl6.jpg
155 KB, 1200x1200
Aria has been singing for awhile, but she seems to not be able to give the exact performance she’s aiming for. Her voice isn’t reaching the high and low notes the way you know she wants them to, and she’s getting a little upset about it. She feels she could nail this song right now though, if given a shot.

“That’s it for us. You guys have been great.” You wave as you go off stage.

You figure it’s best to take her to the specialist. Her voice has been breaking slightly more as the night goes on, and you’re worried about pushing it too far.

She pouts hard as you take her out of the Karaoke bar. She looks a bit crushed. You can’t tell if that’s because she just really wanted to do that one last song, or if she feels you don’t trust her judgement.

“I know you're upset, but there are times when it’s best to just call it quits for now.”

She contemplates your words.

You arrive in the clinic and check in. The receptionist calls up the doctor that specializes in vocal cords and other related issues, but he’s heading out. “My shifts done. Don’t ca-” he stops as he’s about to walk past. “Is that...a Meloetta?” He takes out a stethoscope. “Don’t just stand there. Come on. To my office.”

You explain about her voice. Aria looks down and her dangling feet as you describe her hurt voice.

“And you just took her to a karaoke bar?” He doesn’t hide the judgement in his voice.

“I was worried about her state of mind.”

He eyes you up and down, but accepts your answer for now. He inspects her throat for awhile in silence.

(continued)
>>
File: meloetta3.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
meloetta3.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>47637649
“Beautiful. Just beautiful.” He offers her a lolipop. She cautiously tries it, then brightens up at the taste. It’s like solid juice! “I’ve got a few different options. One, is that she just doesn’t talk for the next few days or do any strenuous activities at all. That includes even light training combined with this medicine, she should hopefully be fine after that, as long as you don't do a repeat of pushing it in the fight itself.”

You nod.

“Second, is that you take it easy on any vocals, but train all you want. Then when you battle, take a teaspoon of this and she’ll be fine for that battle. She’ll take much longer to recover, though. There also carries a small...5% chance she’ll still have some raspiness or other minor change.”

You nod again.

“Third, is that you take this once a day for the next week,” he lifts another bottle. “Her voice will heal quickly with the same raspiness it is right now, maybe a little more, but it should actually be stronger when it comes to battling.”

You look to Aria. She’s conflicted. She pushed herself hard to prove she’s a serious battler, but would she be willing to permanently change her voice for future fights?

She looks to you for advice.

“It’s your choice, I don’t-”

She starts doing eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

“You’re her trainer,” the doctor tells you. “This sort of choice is what you’re supposed to help her with.”

>Encourage option one, the no-training, quick recovery recovery
>Encourage option two, the training option
>Encourage option three, the improved battle medicine
>Woah! She can’t do that. Tell her to think and choose seriously
>Let her choose at random
>Something else
>>
>>47637691
>>
>>47637691
>She starts doing eeny, meeny, miny, moe.
Aria is too cute

anyway
>>Encourage option one, the no-training, quick recovery recovery
>>
>>47637691
Just take it easy until you are healed.
>>
>>47637691
>>
>>47637691
>>Encourage option two, the training option
>>
>>47637691
>Woah! She can’t do that. Tell her to think and choose seriously
>>
>>47637691
>>
>>47637691
>>
>>47637691

Suggest scheduling a follow up exam to ensure her recovery
>>
>>47637691
>>
>>47637691
>>Woah! She can’t do that. Tell her to think and choose seriously
>>
>>47637691
recovery should be priority
>>
>>47637691

She can always take battle medicine some other day. Least permanent = best in my opinion.
>>
It seems like as hard on ourselves as we were with Devon, we're taking Aria's injury a lot worse.

The choices we've made tonight, not working on improved Mega-Evolution, wanting Aria to take a break from training, as well as Robin facing Violet first, have we given up on becoming the pokemon champion because we don't think we deserve it?
>>
>>47637734
Daughterus are always too cute.
>>
>>47637691
>>
>>47637691
>>
>>47637869
Aria isn't part of the dream team. Also Robin facing Violet is also the whole fucking point of her going on her journey in the first place.
>>
>>47637869
>>47637917
Oh also working on the next level of Mega-Evolution would mean not training anything else.
>>
>>47637932
I'm not sure we need to train anything else?
>>
>>47637947
It won't hurt to try something more. Like trying to have Zappy-Dan auto lock-on for our surprise Sparkle Cannon KO. Also more moves never hurts.
>>
You pat her on the head and encourage the first option. “It’s important that you recover as much as you can.”

The doctor goes over the instructions. It’s simple enough. Aria should take it easy for the next few days, take the medicine daily, and not use her voice. She really doesn’t like that, but she goes along with it when you promise to take her out for more karaoke when she recovers.

You start to walk back to the hotel.

She makes a few gestures. Despite not being able to vocalize, her question is clear. She pushed herself during her fight with Geno, and you let her, but do you regret it? Was she wrong to do it?

You think about what Geno said. He thought it was noble for a Pokemon to want to go beyond their limits and reach new heights. He feels it’s important to encourage growth, and that real growth comes with risks.

Vernon might say it’s wrong to push a Pokemon. He pushed his Pokemon too far and regrets it.

You’re still not sure how you feel. What’s the right answer? Is there one? Is it always just dependent on context?

You think back about Devon’s scar and feel a pang of regret. At the same time, he wanted to protect your dreams. He wanted to do more. Is it your duty as a trainer to stop your Pokemon in those scenarios, or encourage them? Where’s the cut off point? Is Aria's situation different, or the same?

>She shouldn’t push herself like that in the future. You’re sorry you let her get hurt, and you won't let it happen again.
>She should always strive to do as well as possible. You’re proud she pushed her limits. You'll let and support her to push herself if she wants to.
>You don’t know
>Something else
>>
>>47637982
I guess, but I feel like the improved mega evolution is most likely to give us an actual edge over Violet, also it'd be something no one else has.

What'd we choose instead of doing that last time, anyway?
>>
>>47637917
Who was on the dream team again?
>>
>>47638038
>>She should always strive to do as well as possible. You’re proud she pushed her limits. You'll let and support her to push herself if she wants to.
>>
>>47638038
>She should always strive to do as well as possible. You’re proud she pushed her limits. You'll let and support her to push herself if she wants to.
>>
>>47638038
>>47638062
Devon
Zappy Dan
The last 4 are up for debate, but my vote is:
Trunks
Destiny
Oberon
Raistlin
>>
>>47638038
>>She should always strive to do as well as possible. You’re proud she pushed her limits. You'll let and support her to push herself if she wants to.
>>
>>47638038
>She shouldn’t push herself like that in the future. You’re sorry you let her get hurt, and you won't let it happen again.
I don't know, I really don't feel like it was worth it. Like even if it was really improbable, even if we wouldn't have pulled out a win vs Genos... so what? Is a chance to fight Violet and maybe Robin on televion with increased status and so on really worth it?

I guess I'm not really sure what it is we're fighting for, and if it's worth more than the health of what we see as our family.
>>
>>47638038
>>Something else

We make a lot of choices, believe me, and we do the best we can to make the right ones. We're making ours together, and we have to trust each other to do that. I let you push yourself because I trust you. You're sitting out for now because you trust me. We weigh the risks against the rewards, and sometimes it'll be better to take those risks and sometimes it won't.
>>
>>47638062
Devon
Dan
Levi
Oberon
Vlad
Trunks/Raistlin/Nibbles/Destiny
>>
>>47638038
>You don't know
>Something else
Maybe invite her into our mind, see if she can help us sort it out?

Because honestly I think people are just voting for whatever they think she'll like to hear the most, as well as what makes them less culpable.
>>
>>I was my fault, It a Pokemons nature to push themselves. It's the trainers duty, to keep them from going to far.
>>
>>47638149
I dig it
>>
>>47638149
Supporting this.
>>
>>47638149
>>47638038
Yeah I really don't think
>she should -always- strive to do as well as possible
Is good advice at all! Sometimes you really do need to learn when to quit.

C'mon guys, even if you do think you were in the right earlier, you're setting a very dangerous precedent here.
>>
>>47638038
changing >>47638090
to >>47638149
>>
>>47638149
I don't feel "better" is really the right word. Like to me implies we'll only take risks when we're confident we can win. I feel like the real issue is what's worth risking?

Like for instance, doing a no Ko run against that one Elite 4 member if it meant pushing Nibbles, that wasn't worth it. But what about defeating Violet? Or Robin? Or Hornbeam?
>>
>>47638038
>>
>>47638038
>You don’t know
I really don't think there's an easy answer to this. There definitely isn't a universal one. Especially if our position is that there are times that taking risks is worth it. Because there are definitely times when pushing it to the limit all the time is NOT the best option at all. So we need to decide when it is or isn't okay.
>>
File: morning routine.png (766 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
morning routine.png
766 KB, 849x1200
“I’m proud of you for pushing yourself.” You pat her. “I think it’s important for everyone to try their best. I’ll support you if you want to do that.”

She looks up again. Ou feel you should elaborate. “We make a lot of choices, believe me, and we do the best we can to make the right ones. We're making ours together, and we have to trust each other to do that. I let you push yourself because I trust you. You're sitting out for now because you trust me. We weigh the risks against the rewards, and sometimes it'll be better to take those risks and sometimes it won't.”

She hugs your arm.

You both arrive back at the hotel just as Robin and the others get there too. Robin was out late, training hard. She was battling all three of the others at the same time to condition her Pokemon to keep their spirits up when it feels unfair, and to train herself to try to be aware of a lot of moving parts on the field.

You hit the sack and wake up the next morning. You’ll have that shoot later on today, but the first half of the day is all yours.

There’s a message from the front desk. Geno and the other elite four members say you’re welcome to join them in their private training gym if you’d like. Cliff emphasized that there’s no pressure if you have your own plans.

Robin kisses you on the cheap and starts heading out. She’s going to train with Vernon today.

>Train with the Elite Four
>Train by yourself
>Ask, Clair, Jeanine, and/or Vance for training help
>Something else
>>
It was a straight up fail on our part, own up to that fact and grow from it.

None of these self delusional lies.
>>
>>47638338
>>Train with the Elite Four
>>
>>47638338
>>
>>47638345
That's my policy too, but good luck getting that through. Just be glad we got a more conditional option as opposed to a complete denial of any fault. Fucking Genos and his shitty justification of our failures. That's gonna get one of our pokemon crippled or killed.
>>
>>47638345
>>47638393
Oh for fuck's sake, just admit that not everybody is as cynical as you and quit your bitching already.
>>
>>47638338
>>
>>47638338
>>
>>47638345
>>47638393
Get your head out of your ass already.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.