[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG trading tips and tricks.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
How often do you trade cards?
What was your most recent trade and are you satisfied with it?
Have you ever screwed someone with a trade?
>>
The best trade I can remember was when a guy had just traded away a Drama, so he had just looked up the price. He said it was $5. I tried to tell him it was $10, but he said it was $5, so I traded him a Kytheon for his Drama and a Westvale Abbey.
>>
>>47627302
I try to trade as much and often as i can. Usually, its stuff i dont need for other stuff i dont need, but i always get something another player will want and maybe something i need. Before i knew it, i had all of the cards for a few decks except for a few expensive pieces.
>>
Traded a westvale abbey for a nahiri. I think I did pretty well.
>>
I traded about £3000 over the course of 20 years and had about 5 moments of fun...
More recently I sold my mtg and have money for hookers and cocaine..
>>
I try to trade around the FLGS, sometimes I can trade a lot, sometimes I gotta buylist my stuff at GPs.
I've never intentionally screwed somebody in a trade, but have been screwed by my own lack of information.
Recently a fried of mine has started suggesting not buying cards for less than buylist, and I have no idea what his trade structure would be.
I think this is pretty scummy, buylist prices are low because there is an assumption of risk for a shop that needs to make profit, but yuo assume no risks when you buy cards person to person. I'm all for selling things cheaper than shops but I figure if you are selling a $16 playset you Should at least get $10, and not $4. How do you value trades in your local groups or among friends?
Also Eldrazi winter was amazing for me when I traded/sold at the height of the deck instead of buying into it.
>>
I traded two Eye of Ugin's for a Japanese Damnation, that was a pretty nice pickup. I'm sure there's been many others, but that's the most recent one that was killer imo.
>>
Traded Jace, Memory Adept for Tarmogoyf. I also pointed out the fact that there is a discrepancy of 100$ but he said he was fine with the trade so now I got a 'goyf to run in EDH.
>>
A few months back i traded 2 abrupt decay for a damnation. Feels bretty gud.
>>
Trading has been shit since the idea of trading for money ala pack to power gained steam. I used to be pretty hardcore into the trading scene, but nowadays I just trade my expensive standard crap for EDH/casual goodstuff. Last trade was an Archangel Avacyn for a new Jace, training grounds, and some other stuff.
>>
>>47632904
>>47633492
I wonder when people are going to realize that Languash is just as good as Damnation 99% of the time.

Living End hardly plays creatures with thoughness greater than four. You dont need sweepers against Decks that play Tasigur and Angler or Wurmcoil.
>>
>>47627302
>How often do you trade cards?
Rarely.

>What was your most recent trade and are you satisfied with it?
A beat-up Sliver Overlord that my buddy needed for his Sliver EDH deck for a pristine Parallel Lives. I'm happy, though I technically lost value on the deal.

>Have you ever screwed someone with a trade?
Ever? Sure. As a matter of course? No.

Recently, I traded for a Relentless Dead on release night. It was worth $25 at the time. Guy wanted a Molten Primordial and a Sol Ring, and nothing else. I offered cash to fill it out, he said it was cool. I shrugged, shook his hand, and sleeved up my new zombie.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.