[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battletech General: The Man Who Sold The Free Worlds League Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: Punished 'Venom' Marik.jpg (105 KB, 417x531) Image search: [Google]
Punished 'Venom' Marik.jpg
105 KB, 417x531
/btg/ is dead, long live /btg/!

Old Thread: >>47561877

===================================
First Succession War
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dp9iiecoaz4c29k/E-CAT35235_BattleTech+First+Succession+War.pdf

TtS: Brownsville
https://mega.nz/#!7xMngZBR!d0Ayoy_8rDrtsXZ7-M6wGPrmDq8O8F5_0d4G8dkLxzM
===================================

>/btg/ does a TRO:
http://builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
http://pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Overview of the major factions?
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
http://bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out what BattleMechs a faction has?
http://masterunitlist.info/

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Rookie guides
http://pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
http://megamek.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
http://megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
>>
Best Centurion for the Fedcom civil war-Jihad era?
>>
>>47618109

RACturion.
>>
File: Puma Kostov.png (50 KB, 651x1144) Image search: [Google]
Puma Kostov.png
50 KB, 651x1144
Where were you when REMOVE CLAN stopped working?
>>
Why was the Free World's League going through a crash rearmament with it's tank forces to the point where they needed to buy the Capellan made Po?

What happened that caused them to lose that many tanks in the first place?

And did the League use more Po tanks than the Confederation itself did?
>>
>>47618272

>What happened that caused them to lose that many tanks in the first place?

Well, the FedCom's RCTs had to come from somewhere...
>>
>>47618272
>Why was the Free World's League going through a crash rearmament with it's tank forces to the point where they needed to buy the Capellan made Po?
>What happened that caused them to lose that many tanks in the first place?
I don't think they were replacing losses as much as FUCK IT, WE NEED AS MANY TANKS AS WE CAN POSSIBLY GET OUR HANDS ON.
>And did the League use more Po tanks than the Confederation itself did?
I'd say more likely than not
>>
>>47616628
>how did the FedCom capturing Oliver in 3029 allow them to be able to build the Griffin -3M
Same way Irian was able to build Guillotine and Hermes models?
>>
Is it reasonable for a merc company to have a Buccaneer after the destruction of Gibson?
>>
>>47619947
I don't see any particular reason why not.
it doesn't have the "MD atrocity machine" thing that the Celestials had, and there were a fair few available to be salvaged by joe merc on the battlefields of the jihad and the Chaos March before that
>>
File: Star_Trek_William_Shatner.jpg (312 KB, 1093x1400) Image search: [Google]
Star_Trek_William_Shatner.jpg
312 KB, 1093x1400
>>47617998
ha ha butte hold
>implying this isn't best girl

Collision did nothing.
>>
are there any (non-russian) eastern-european themed merc units in battletech?
I've been drinking with croatians all day and I just realized the lack of that sort of thing in battletech
>>
>>47617998
Fury Protomechs when? Can you actually crowbar a Flamer onto a proto?
>>
>>47621726
>Can you actually crowbar a Flamer onto a proto?
Yeah, 1.25 tons.
>>
>>47621758
Excellent, So that would most likely be two Flamers and Jump Jets, if you could mount all that on a tiny babby proto.
>>
File: Voltaire-lisant.jpg (217 KB, 831x1000) Image search: [Google]
Voltaire-lisant.jpg
217 KB, 831x1000
>>47617998
>''''''''Free''''''''
>''''''''Worlds''''''''
>''''''''League''''''''
>>
>>47622052
Andurien pls.
>>
>>47619634
What was that?
>>
File: 3145.png (991 KB, 1960x1488) Image search: [Google]
3145.png
991 KB, 1960x1488
Wolf cucked the sphere. Alaric did! He took an Wolf army to Terra. There was NO ONE left to cuck, da wimmiz wuz his.
>>
>>47623559
>that map
Derp Age is such a hot mess
>>
>>47623559
cucked. what a shitty word
>>
>>47623559
damn, green dorito is going strong
>>
>>47623686
Green factions best factions.
>>
>>47623584
>Derp Age
I love this meme
>>
>>47623980
After a few years it grows on you.
>>
>>47624020
Besides being an accurate descriptor of the era. WizKids babbies get bent.
>>
>>47624036
>Besides being an accurate descriptor of the era
I love this meme even more. What's next? "I like to read BT novels" or something?
>>
>>47624107
Take your obsession with meme culture back to /v/.
>>
>>47624107
I dunno man, you seem to be the expert.
>>
>>47624107

Serious question. Have you actually read the Dark Age stuff? Because unless you're really into ETERNAL XIN SHENG or BEARS R BEST fapfiction it has very little to recommend it and even less that makes sense.
>>
Friendly reminder to update the OP with new products, even if shitty products

TtS: Promise Land
http://www.mediafire.com/download/58qc4n2owy2gsb7/E-CAT35SN206_BattleTech_Touring_the_Stars_Promised_Land.pdf
>>
>>47624180
>implying there's something wrong with the Confederation or Bears
Is this some local meme? House Liao has always been the most interesting Successor State.
>>
>>47624191
I didn't think they could get worse but boy was I wrong.

Can they just accelerate the plot and stop with the stupid random planet crap?
>>
>>47624180
I don't read game books. I like Dark Age because it offers the best gameplay in the series. Why would I care if you don't like Princess X fuck Regent Y or if Khan W is an incest-boy when the rules are good? All you need in a wargame are the units and a background to put these units fighting each other. Complaining about fluff makes me wonder if you want to create BattleTech threads on /lit/ instead of /tg/
>>
>>47624319
took a while to make this b8
>>
>>47624319
>I like Dark Age because it offers the best gameplay
I love this meme
>>
>>47623980
>getting triggered over an old nickname
That sure showed them you're not a butthurt faggot.
>>
>>47624319
I agree, Dark Age is the best. Take the fluff in broad strokes and don't worry too much about the specifics - it's all propaganda in a fictional universe anyway.
>>
Why is "Derp Age" so controversial in BT? Is it because of ClickyTech? Or the Coleman effect?
>>
>>47624566
A lot of our newer players came in with the clicky stuff so they're loathe to criticize it. Plus it's the mindless video game generation so they're not really into story or putting thought into their games. More the CoD effect than anything to do with Coleman.
>>
>>47624566
Solely because of clickytech. That 1) introduced a new collectible game that looked at the start as if it were going to replace/kill off old BT, and played very differently to it, and b) completely overhauled the fluff in a way that (again, at first), had a lot of breaks in continuity to the old game and, minus the fleshing out that would come later, looked absolutely fucking bonkers. That weirdo little splinter sect of ComStar taking on all the great powers and the Dragoons at once, the Great Houses seemingly missing, industrialmechs all over the place: it was one hell of a break with the past.
>>
>>47624648
It's not like WoB's crusade wasn't telegraphed in years ago. That was the least of anything jarring.
>>
File: 1401477151311.jpg (50 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1401477151311.jpg
50 KB, 625x626
>>47624623
>mindless video game generation
>CoD effect
you are the reason people like vroom-vroom came to us all those years ago
>>
>>47624700
>defending CoD
>implying that garbage hasn't had a detrimental effect on tabletop gaming
Your pic sums your own post up rather well.
>>
When building or modifying warships is there anything in construction to consider besides total available tonnage?
>>
File: 1464564465295.gif (2 MB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
1464564465295.gif
2 MB, 400x332
>>47624727
>implying i care about CoD enough to defend it
>implying all video games narratives are trash
try ditching that negative attitude, bud
>>
>>47624489

But...I hate the Republic era, I do objectively like dick, and my partner spanked me very hard last night. Isn't "butthurt faggot" literally the correct description?
>>
>>47625305
Sorry, but this game isn't casual anymore. Maybe you should go find another game to play like Call of Duty where its a little easier for you. Of course, you could always adapt to the challenging rules. This is the way BattleTech would have been played way back in 1984, but I'm sure you're a modern gamer who wasn't around back then.
>>
>>47624206
>Can they just accelerate the plot

Honestly? No. I'm pretty sure the plan was to put the plot on hold until they could find a way to advance it without alienating any significant part of the player base.
>>
File: 1464634644664.jpg (39 KB, 352x370) Image search: [Google]
1464634644664.jpg
39 KB, 352x370
>>47625322
I'm honestly not sure what the fuck you're trying to say here.

The gist of it seems to be that you're a salty grognard who can't stand them lousy kids these days, what with their vidja gaems and cellular phones and roller-skates.

I'd say you're baiting, but your post is so poorly and haphazardly laid out that I legitimately cannot tell.
>>
>>47624566

Fluff issues*** aside - BattleTech's *always* had issues with fluff - MechWarrior: Dark Age was a collectible game. Collectible games are a fucking cancer, and that's a term *I* do not use lightly. I watched a guy buy a case of boosters and get nothing but fucking IndustrialMechs except for a *single* actual Mech (...Catapult, maybe?). If nothing else, negative gameplay and collectibility issues during the initial run of the game soured a LOT of people on the game, and predisposed them to hate everything about it, including the storyline.

***There ARE actual fluff issues, though, insofar as Weisman deliberately wasn't trying very hard to figure out the "how" of "how we got from 3067 to Dark Age". They literally thought it wasn't ever going to really matter, since BattleTech was "dead". CGL's done an OK job of backfilling and "polishing the turd", but the initial look people got back in...2002?...was really, really bad.
>>
File: 55097969.jpg (107 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
55097969.jpg
107 KB, 480x360
>>47625322
>Sorry, but this game isn't casual anymore.

I mean, for god's sake, if *I* of all people can recognize your bait...
>>
>>47624623
except clickytech has been dead for almost ten years

seriously, CBT stands on the precipice of a new age, and age of new players unsullied by memories of shitty plastic mechs in blind boosters, ready to enjoy the freedom of choosing what shitty/good metal/resin mechs they want to order from IWM/Russia
>>
>>47624699
Not the fact that they did it, but the fact that they were so good at it, that they were able to fight so man and so well. It took a long long time before we understood just how it was they were able to do it: WMDs, playing off inter-House factionalism, the mass arming detailed over several books that weren't out when the clicky game came out. I remember a lot of disbelief at the time that took years to dissipate.
>>
>>47625607
They were so good at it because they fought the way people should fight: using false-flags, force multipliers, denial of area tactics, being strategically flexible by opting for local superiority in operations, etc.
Really it just highlighted how dumb most of the Successor States were. And the mass arming thing started years before Dark Age.
>>
>>47625340
This.

I really hope they saw what happened to another ancient, surprisingly loved setting recently that was replaced and took notes on the backlash.

Salvaging the current mess into something to go forward from would take effort that make retconning the Jihad into something passable look like a few lazy weekends of work.
>>
>>47625340

So, it's on hold forever, isn't it?
>>
File: 1420458369520.jpg (222 KB, 807x1050) Image search: [Google]
1420458369520.jpg
222 KB, 807x1050
>>47625832
It's like 3067 all over again, baby
>>
>>47625832
Learn to love it.
Because if they go charging ahead, you'll probably regret wishing for change.
>>
>>47625832
Now you've got it.

>IlKhan Never
>>
>>47625655
Yes, I know. My point is that this wasn't detailed when the Wizkids started out, not that it didn't happen at all. And the mass arming thing was merely hinted at, in books like TR3067, not really detailed the way we got in the post-clicky Jihad sourcebooks. It's a big leap to go from, "hmmm, some shipments of unspecified size seem to be being rerouted to unknown sources" to "takes on the Houses". That leap, which wasn't covered at the start, is where a lot of the game's initial unpopularity amongst the old-school fanbase came about (in addition to all that other stuff I already covered). Combine this with the appearance of the Sphere and the stories of mass disarmament, and much of the universe didn't seem believable anymore. The writers did a much better job later filling this in, but even they've said that they saw their job as wrestling with the shitshow that wizkids handed them.
>>
NEA, do you have any pdfs of fleet TO&Es?

I've been reading the Liberation of Terra series and have warships on the mind.
>>
>>47626285
>NEA, do you have any pdfs of fleet TO&Es?

The canon ones? Not really, I usually just go look at my sourcebooks (and we don't have enough information on pretty much any of the LoT-era fleets to create a complete OOB for any given faction). If you mean the alternate OOBs I did for WoB, C*, and the SLDF at some anon's request, I can post them up if you'd like.
>>
>>47626428
Any fan-made ones are fine.
>>
File: NEA ComStar Fleet Manifest.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
NEA ComStar Fleet Manifest.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47626453
>>
>>47626489
>>
File: NEA 1st SLDF FLEET MANIFEST.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
NEA 1st SLDF FLEET MANIFEST.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47626504

(apologies for the filenames; I tag stuff I make just for /btg/ like that so I can find it easier)
>>
>>47626489
>>47626504
>>47626525
These are cool. Do you have more?
>>
>>47626565

I don't; the other modern IS factions (aside from the FWL) don't really have "fleets" per se as they have a couple of task groups at best. There's not a lot of point to doing a Davion fleet writeup when all they've got is a half-dozen Avalons and a ton of Foxes, for example.

In the case of the FWL, their actual fleet organizational scheme is perfectly valid, save for the mild confusion over what actually constitutes a Thera task group.

I'd love to do it for the older factions (2750-era Davion, for example), but AFAIK we don't have the sort of complete hull listing by class we'd need to actually do the project.
>>
>>47626618
Sorry, I meant if you had TO&Es for warship games you've done. I assumed you might.
>>
>>47623447
The blueprints date back to before the Star League fell.
>>
>>47626735
I think you're confused.
>>
>>47626649

Ooooohh...

Ah, I don't normally keep those around for 1-offs, but I do have the OOB for a naval game I ran several years ago as part of an ongoing campaign. The PCs were an SLDF Mech unit that got caught on Terra during the Amaris Coup, and had to escape the system. (note: the periphery-flagged units in the scenario were "interned" in Sol space, but were mainly there to make the scenario more interesting, while the Davion ship was there for major plot reasons). All of the "unknown" P/G scores are 4/4.

This was a low-complexity scenario intended for people relatively new to WarShip combat, which is why there's very low numbers of parasite craft. I don't recall what the Rim Worlds DropShip classes were, but I'm reasonably sure they were assault ships of some sort.
>>
>>47626836
Neat. The Canopian contingent is huge relative to their fleet. Were they part of Amaris' machinations?
The Anguirus and Saint Martinian are meant to be SLDF warships subverted by Amaris too?
>>
>>47626836
>SC
>LC
>CR
>LSM
Unfamiliar with this ones. I'm guessing LC is just Light Cruiser, CR is generic Cruiser.
>>
Are these mechs reasonable to find in a post-Tukayyid solahma formation?

>AS7-D Atlas, CP-11-A Cyclops, IMP-2E Imp, ON1-V Orion, FFL-4B Firefly
>GHR-5J Grasshopper, TDR-9SE Thunderbolt, OSR-2M Ostroc, SDR-5K Spider, MCY-97 Mercury
>>
>>47626996

Yeah, I don't know what the hell I was thinking on some of those.

>SC
No clue. Should be BC for Battlecruiser.

>LC
Light cruiser indeed. See below.

>CR
Cruiser. Since BattleTech differentiates between "light", "heavy", and "regular" cruisers, whereas the real world just had light cruisers and armored cruisers, I needed something between LC and CA (I know "CA" means "Cruiser, Armored", but that's close enough to a heavy cruiser to work).

>LSM
This one actually makes a LITTLE sense. "Landing Ship, Mech". Because the Robinson is basically an assault ship in the "Marines" terminology. It's a transport ship intended to directly support its embarked cargo during an invasion.
>>
>>47627072
>Landing Ship, Mech
Hey, that does make sense. Reminds me of that one Drac warship devoted to carrying 108 mechs.
>>
>>47627038

>Implying a solahama formation should have mechs.
>>
>>47627092

The Robinson is actually canonically a major inspiration for the Dracs Kyushu-class frigate. The Dracs captured a couple of Robinsons (IIRC, Block I's) and took them apart; those findings later got used as the primary source for the post-Tukayyid WarShip designers.
>>
>>47626818
As the Successor States lost certain technologies, they could no longer build 'Mechs which relied on those technologies - but that doesn't mean they lost all blueprints, molds etc for those 'Mechs. So when the Helm Core was decoded, Irian could restart production of high tech Guillotine and Hermes, Kathil could restart production of high tech Marauders, etc.

On which point do you think I'm confused?
>>
File: 1436218057345.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1436218057345.jpg
526 KB, 1920x1200
>>47627099
Muh Falcons do and always have.
>>
>>47627171
They were discussing a specific variant made in a specific year, which was then simultaneously made available to another faction because it had captured a factory two decades earlier that made different variants of said mech. As another anon observed, it was bad fact checking for the TRO.
Your confusion lies in the nature of what's being discussed. I hope it's gone now.
>>
>>47627220
You're taking it for granted that the MUL has the date right, which isn't guaranteed. Dates of "3049" especially (as with the GRF-3M) originated as placeholders for when the proto-MUL had no better data available.
>>
>>47627220
>>47627326
...or is blaming the TRO's fact-checkers for a date retroactively assigned by a different group of fact-checkers twenty years later, in fact, the joke?

In which case, yeah, mea culpa, mea culpa, 2subtle4me.
>>
>>47626128
>That leap, which wasn't covered at the start, is where a lot of the game's initial unpopularity amongst the old-school fanbase came about
Remember how the very first hints of basically anything to do with the background of the DA were those shitty Touring The Stars articles online?
That was one of the more aggravating fluff things they did, from what I remember of those days
>>
>>47627357
>everything is b8
Stupid fuck
>>
>>47627326
>>47627326
I actually tend to point out the MUL is not infallible.
The observation of yet one more error just works as a better reasoning than anything offered.
>>
File: 1460251987253.jpg (89 KB, 723x706) Image search: [Google]
1460251987253.jpg
89 KB, 723x706
>>47627455
Don't fall for it, he had nothing left but to cry wolf first.
>>
>>47627137
Interesting. It's a shame the massive planned Drac fleet never happened.
>>
Where do you buy your minis from? Closest gaming store closed down recently.
>>
Following a discussion I saw last thread about the Davions putting Rifleman mechs in front line units because of a lack of heavy mech industry, I looked at the books from back when. It surprised me somewhat to see that the Davions had a mech industry second only in shittiness and/or lack of numbers to the Capellans. Given the size and potency of the AFFS I had expected more, but I suppose necessity is the mother of innovation.
>>
>>47628120
>Given the size and potency of the AFFS I had expected more
The davions have lots of good mediums, for one thing.
Also, basically the whole schtick of the pre-fedcom AFFS was professionalism making up for lousy gear. Basically the canadian army in space.
Part of what made the FedCom so terrifying was that it opened the door for the poorly-equipped but skilled units of the AFFS to be reequipped with really good shit
>>
>>47627835
FRP Games. Just don't trust the pre-release dates.
>>
Do we have mech weight distribution charts for any eras past 3025? I feel like later eras would have a lot more heavy and assault mechs than 3025 did, but I can't really find anything on it
>>
>>47624877

-Higher SI = More amour.
-Use NACs for raw damage, NPPCs for range.
-Missiles are pretty bad.
-Always carry a Large Naval CSS. Carry a HPG if you can.
-You can't mount enough armour to significantly slow ASFs down or enough guns to actually threaten them unless you're building a Leviathan II, so be prepared for the inevitable outcome.
>>
>>47626525
Is this a 3060s SLDF Fleet? I'm guessing so from the designation and the Avalons. Though the huge amount of Achilles is throwing me.
>>
>>47628632

I have no idea what's going on with the Avalons given the rest is SLN, but the Achilles is from 2582.
>>
>>47628632
>>47628698
Fleet's anon here, those were from an alternate Jihad game my group did last year. I asked NEA to organize some of the ships up into a fleet and he gave us an SLDF style formation which worked well.
>>
>>47623559

It is beyond me why the Combine decided to take a longer route to New Avalon like they did.
>>
>>47628932
Outflanking :)
>>
>>47628698
The Achilles is specifically noted as being very rare after the Succession Wars. So yes I know its intro date, but I also know the fluff.

>>47628789
Fair enough. I like the idea.

>>47628932
Avoiding Kentares altogether this time, obviously.
>>
>>47628932
Because WizKids designed the DA map by getting drunk to fuck, throwing darts at a map and playing connect the dots with the holes, and CGL decided to continue the tradition
>>
>>
>>47629481
>>
>>47628120
>>47628288
Yeah, it puts a lot of things into better perspective. The terror of Disposession, for one; no matter how wealthy and connected your family is, if you lose a good Heavy you're basically fucked in the AFFS unless you can salvage something decent. Also, why Hanse was strapping PPCs onto so many shitter 'Mechs, even when they couldn't handle the heat load; when all you have is a Blackjack, every Blackjack looks like a Warhammer.
>>
>>47628120

I thought the Federated Suns didn't build Heavy Mechs in abundance, but built a lot of good Medium and Light Mechs to make up for it?

Also, how is it they have a lack of numbers when it's mentioned that they have one of the largest standing armies in the Sphere?
>>
>>47629675
Production numbers. And you're right about the mediums and lights, but even those can only go so far.
>>
>>47629518
Post you're face when your a Griffin pilot on duty in he throne room and no one catches you fapping to the Archon and Archon-designate
>>
File: MechWarrior34 Cropped.jpg (113 KB, 1102x961) Image search: [Google]
MechWarrior34 Cropped.jpg
113 KB, 1102x961
>>47629792
>>
>>47629527
>Also, why Hanse was strapping PPCs onto so many shitter 'Mechs, even when they couldn't handle the heat load
Like that Rifleman with two PPCs and two LLs that stood a decent chance of auto-shutdown every time it shot?
>>
File: Deku Skrubs.jpg (443 KB, 1004x530) Image search: [Google]
Deku Skrubs.jpg
443 KB, 1004x530
Managed to sneak in some time to put together a few new mechs. Got a Centurion, Awesome, Locust and Crab.

Centurion was a little awkward to find a fitting pose, still not entirely happy with it but a lot of that is down to the legs being just standing straight with no adjustable feet unlike the Awesome's or easy to repose into a running motion pretty much everything else.
>>
>>47629675

Numbers aside, it helps a lot when you're fighting the completely, utterly, fucking retarded Dracs and Capellans.
>>
>>47629751

>but even those can only go so far

I thought they went far enough for the Federated Suns given their competition was either outgunned by them (Combine) or was outnumbered by them (Confederation)?
>>
File: Castlevania levels of jumping.jpg (398 KB, 787x641) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania levels of jumping.jpg
398 KB, 787x641
I don't think I'll leave the crab in this pose but... it is tempting.
>>
>>47629938
That's a very "I'ma getcha!" sort of pose. It's so excited that it got an opportunity to pinch whatever poor bastard it's running full tilt at.
>>
File: Awesomes.jpg (554 KB, 1162x590) Image search: [Google]
Awesomes.jpg
554 KB, 1162x590
Size comparison of Awesomes: introbox plastic, metal and the new guy.
>>
>>47629518
That guy on the far right
>My feet hurt
>The Archon's so loud
>I wish I was in the barracks
>>
>>47629933
Well it went far enough to help break the centuries long stalemate since they were lucky enough to have the Fox in charge.
But tactically, on the ground, things could get muddled very quickly. New and more heavies were needed.
>>
File: very naughty.jpg (282 KB, 701x614) Image search: [Google]
very naughty.jpg
282 KB, 701x614
I do prefer the styling of the normal Awesome but it really could do with being bigger than a Medium.

>>47629965
Gonna give 'em the Claws/Clamps.
>>
>>47629518
The Lyrans are one faction I want to like but just can't into. Nice rides, nice blue patterns, but their fluff isn't too interesting and their formation names are as boring as the Dracs. Not half as much flavour as the Suns, League or even Confederation.
>>
File: 1256162215653.jpg (53 KB, 700x660) Image search: [Google]
1256162215653.jpg
53 KB, 700x660
>>47629965
>>47630052
Actually I know what I was thinking of now.

It's not just Zoidberg. It's OOGY BOOGY BOOGY BOO, WORD OF BLAKE IS COMING TO GET YOU which is thematically appropriate as I was thinking of painting up a few mechs, including the Crab in Comstar/WoB generic white
>>
>>47630061
>their formation names are as boring

I know that feel. Since the Steiners freely emulate the Germans, they could have awesome names for their units. Instead of units like the Xth Lyran Regulars, they could have something like Husaren-Regiment "Herzog von Gulf Breeze" Nr. 3.
>>
File: Strix.png (1 MB, 2112x1632) Image search: [Google]
Strix.png
1 MB, 2112x1632
Anons, help me out
what font is this? The one used in the body
>>
>>47630585
what a piece of shit
>>
>>47630585

So part of Clan Nova Cat is still around in the Republic and the League?
>>
>>47631151
Tattered remnants fewer in number than there were Smoke Jaguar survivors. Not a Clan anymore. The bulk are with the Spirit Cats now.
>>
>>47630585
The main text itself looks like arial to me.
>>
>>47630333
Right? Everything is Guards and Regulars. Really boring. Not even an Uhlan?
>>
>>47631405

Or, y'know, the Totenkoph Hussars. Imagine an Archon-Princess in this getup.

>I don't know why, but in my head young Melissa Steiner looks like Natalie Dormer.
>>
>>47631536
I can see it. So much potential but the faction is left sorta hanging. At least they got most of the best rides.
>>
File: 1409974242329.jpg (76 KB, 463x362) Image search: [Google]
1409974242329.jpg
76 KB, 463x362
>>47631536

>Totenkoph Hussars uniform
>Melissa Steiner looks like Natalie Dormer

HNNNNGH

I wouldn't blame Hanse in the slightest. And I'm a damn Dracfag.
>>
>>47631405

I thought that was because they didn't really take a shine to warfare the way other factions do given they are said to be businessmen first and warriors second (or perhaps last depending on who you ask)?
>>
>>47630585
That looks like the results of trying to build and fly it in KSP, about .3 seconds before it all explodes.
>>
>>47628560
Not really. You could maybe work something out from the Random Company & Lance tables in the Field Manuals, but you can expect people to be all "RATs aren't true / numbers are hard so the writers don't print any / if the product isn't new then its content is invalid" etc.

>>47628120
>the Davions had a mech industry second only in shittiness and/or lack of numbers to the Capellans
Where do you see Davion producing fewer Mechs than Liao?

>>47627472
Meh, given a choice of "yet one more" inconsistency from either 3050 or the MUL, it's probably the MUL. Most complaints about 3050 come down to unfamiliarity with the text.

>>47627455
>>47627493
Don't hate jokes, anon. Or subtlety.
>>
>>47631642
I guess, but that always sounded more like an excuse for mostly poor performance. However maybe it is the effect of uncreative minds (LCAF has always been full of them) running a military.
>>
>>47631687
Second only to Liao. Meaning Liao has worse and fewer.
>>
>>47631687
The MUL isn't too far off though. The absolute earliest they could have made them was 3045 so 3049 isn't a bad estimate.
>>
File: 1460489052042.png (7 KB, 320x282) Image search: [Google]
1460489052042.png
7 KB, 320x282
>>47628560
I threw this together for 3058 a while ago based on some guesswork
>Explanations
>CC: so many vindicators and cataphracts, haven't taken the st.Ives assault factories yet, so they're a bit short on those.
>Dracs: pretty much the same as before, but with more assaults
>FedSuns: more than a few new heavy and assault lines make up for that deficiency
>FWL: new designs are a fairly even distribution, assault deficiency never made sense vis a vis production
>Lyrans: You know exactly what
>MoC: Production situation is similar to the OA, but imports help some
>OA: only make lights and heavies, imports give them at least a little backbone
>St.Ives: assault percentage is high because of three assault lines compared to like five other lines with a small military. Exports of assaults also suggest that they have enough for their own needs
>Taurians: lots of heavy lines and a couple high-volume light lines but only two medium lines
>Mercs:not much to say except that they'd benefit from the increase in heavies like everyone else
>Pirates: would probably skew lighter and faster for raiding. This one was typo'd, should be 35/35/20/10.
>Periphery: this represents the various periphery independents and the more sorry-assed pirates. Marians and circinians should use the pirate numbers, while the rim collection should obviously use the merc values
>>
>Chief, what are you doing?
>Sir, finishing the fight.

That's what they were going for, right?
>>
>>47632269
Even for the Lyrans 25% feels too high. Given the plethora of lights, mediums and heavies we see from them the assault thing always seemed more like a meme adapted from sluggish tactics.
>>
>>47632323
Certainly seems like it
>>
>>47632345
Fluff very much supports them having truckloads of assaults.
>>
>>47632519
Relative to other Successor States. But 1 in 4? No.
>>
>>47632345
>>47632551
Remember that the majority of lyran assaults would be Zeuses, which are basically overgrown heavies
>>
>>47632519

I thought it was Heavy and Assault Mechs that they were known for having a larger than usual number of?

I remember it said their "wall of steel" has Heavy Mechs in it too I believe.
>>
File: delta_dalaxy_arctic_cheetah.png (589 KB, 930x1080) Image search: [Google]
delta_dalaxy_arctic_cheetah.png
589 KB, 930x1080
What's your favorite light mech?

What's your favorite BT art?
>>
>>47631715
My bad. Okay then: where do you see Davion producing fewer Mechs than Steiner, Marik or Kurita?

>>47631735
Sort of. For a reintroduction date, you're right, it works okay. But it could just as well date back to the Star League - and since the fluff says it predates the 4th Succession War...
>>
>>47632614
Well that is a good point.
>>
>>47632614

>Remember that the majority of lyran assaults would be Zeuses, which are basically overgrown heavies

Is that like the Dragon which seems like an overgrown Medium then?
>>
>>47632717
>Is that like the Dragon which seems like an overgrown Medium then?
Pretty much
>>
>>47630585
>Anons, help me out
>what font is this? The one used in the body
Well, Catalyst uses Myriad Pro and Myriad Condensed for their books, so that's a good place to start looking.
>>
File: Sexiest Woman in Battletech.png (247 KB, 759x311) Image search: [Google]
Sexiest Woman in Battletech.png
247 KB, 759x311
>>47632616
>What's your favorite light mech?
For looks, I'm actually really, really fond of the Locust. In combat terms, though, it's all Jenner, Havoc, and Piranha.

>What's your favorite BT art?
It's simple, but it speaks to me as a former maintainer and a guy who loves robots.
>>
>>47632918
Agreed on the Jenner. Fell in love with a particular art card for the CG, and every sculpt always dissapoints. Still love it, though.
>>
File: Compendium(1990)_page105.png (101 KB, 1252x909) Image search: [Google]
Compendium(1990)_page105.png
101 KB, 1252x909
>>47632616
Firefly - total bully on the Solaris Class II circuit.

I like something that tells a story
>>
File: 1640 Compendium Page 80.png (136 KB, 821x428) Image search: [Google]
1640 Compendium Page 80.png
136 KB, 821x428
>>47633240
...even if it's simple...
>>
File: 1440107491969.jpg (98 KB, 846x1227) Image search: [Google]
1440107491969.jpg
98 KB, 846x1227
>>47632918
>>What's your favorite BT art?
>>
>>47632618
>and since the fluff says it predates the 4th Succession War...
Source?
It's never appeared in anything before or during the Star League.
>>
>>47632618
>where do you see Davion producing fewer Mechs than Steiner, Marik or Kurita
Makes sense with everyone else having more factories and mechs than them. You aren't implying 3025 House Davion had a richer economy than Steiner, are you? Davion was poor as fuck.
>>
File: Mechwarrior 2nd ed p58.png (2 MB, 1150x1896) Image search: [Google]
Mechwarrior 2nd ed p58.png
2 MB, 1150x1896
>>47633350
...and you might think I've taken too many hits in the head...
>>
>>47632618
>But it could just as well date back to the Star League
Maybe in headcanon, but the fluff says it was developed in the 3040s.
>>
>>47633653

Well I suppose that explains why they needed the Free Worlds during the Clan Invasion.

But originally I thought in terms of factories and production, the Federated Suns were more industrialized than the Combine and only slightly behind the League?
>>
>>47633742
I'll be honest, because I'm not trying to be argumentative over fluff (I don't like what it causes to threads), but I'm not too certain about the Combine. The Commonwealth and League I'm fairly certain were more industrialised than the Suns in the 3025 era, and I would assume so in the Clan Invasion era (Lyrans got richer, League became the arsenal of the Inner Sphere).
The Combine I'm less certain of. Some anons last thread said the Combine build more and had more factories and I haven't thought to fact-check it. Given how the Combine had to have some industrial edge to stay relevant given how great their losses in combat had to be, I went with it since otherwise I can't see how they'd compete with the better-led AFFS.

Just my take. Anyone is welcome to pull out some numbers on Combine industrial output, I'd welcome the info.
>>
File: The Fox.png (629 KB, 800x1164) Image search: [Google]
The Fox.png
629 KB, 800x1164
>>47630013
>lucky enough to have the Fox in charge
Damn straight.
>>
File: Tr3050(original) page 128.jpg (98 KB, 1310x1037) Image search: [Google]
Tr3050(original) page 128.jpg
98 KB, 1310x1037
>>47633623
That first paragraph is what started this whole line of discussion. Probably what started all the retcons and reretcons and unretcons to the War of 39 tech, too.

>>47633653
>everyone else having more factories and mechs than them
The old Davion sourcebook has more Mech factories than the Kurita one does, at least one of which is more productive than any two of Marik's 14+ factories. So again: what numbers are you seeing, and where?

>You aren't implying 3025 House Davion had a richer economy than Steiner, are you? Davion was poor as fuck.
Per world and per regiment, proportionately poorer than Steiner, yes. But in absolute terms, they probably built more 'Mechs than anyone else.
>>
>>47633945
>probably
What numbers are you seeing, and where?
>>
>>47633855

I'm not sure myself to be honest.

I just assumed that since the Federated Suns were based on Great Britain, France and America and have a strong capitalism thing going that they'd have an industry larger than their immediate neighbors on any border.
>>
>>47633693
Got a citation?

Got one that's relevant to determining which of 3050 or the MUL is responsible for the discrepancy?

I'd be happy to see either, really. I haven't found any references at all to the GRF-3M's origin in nucanon.
>>
>>47633691
Oddly, that's part of my disdain for current BT art in a lot of ways. It's all too pat. The grunge feels added later, not an intrinsic part of the setting and characters. Or else it's not there, and then the art feels soulless. MechWarrior Lohan is the biggest offender to me.
>>
>>47633945
The first paragraph doesn't really support anything going back to the Star League. They had just gotten the Helm memory core, but even then were literally decades from replicating it. Just another thing in the TROs that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>47634015
Got one for the Star League? Because either we have the MUL run by the writers for the game or we have your... headcanon?
>>
>>47633653

>Davion was poor as fuck.

>implying this matters for the FedSuns

All other Houses are effected by their economies. The Suns ignores that and pulls high-tech regiments out of its ass whenever it wants.

>>47633855

The Dracs have a really shitty economy but they have a lot of planets. It's worse than the CapCon but they have quantity to make up for the shitness.
>>
>>47633972
Yeah, but Space Japan would have a big, if inferior, industry too. Panther Zeroes vs Centurion Hellcats?
>>
>>47634102
Granted, economics in BT is a fairly useless topic for us to debate on.
>>
File: Narimasa_Asano_1.jpg (146 KB, 415x495) Image search: [Google]
Narimasa_Asano_1.jpg
146 KB, 415x495
>>47632616

Well I found this one to be interesting.
>>
File: Mechs - MW2e p131 -The Games.jpg (62 KB, 599x394) Image search: [Google]
Mechs - MW2e p131 -The Games.jpg
62 KB, 599x394
>>47633969
Aside from playing around with what numbers make attrition and army sizes for each state work, there's this:

Mech production appears to correspond with the ratio of MechWarriors assigned to each House on an old random allegiance table - skiltao.blogspot.com/2015/03/mw1e-mech-production-rates.html
>>
File: dig_in_by_spooky777-d8ftc3w.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dig_in_by_spooky777-d8ftc3w.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I need more pics of Mechs in the field.
>>
File: Lohan.jpg (116 KB, 401x932) Image search: [Google]
Lohan.jpg
116 KB, 401x932
>>47633240
>>What's your favorite BT art?

For a game that's ostensibly about extremely-fit, scantily-clad people crammed into sweatboxes, there's not a lot of art reflecting attractive, sweaty women. Whether you like it or not, tits sell product. CGL should try that sometime, rather than useless PDFs about dead planets.
>>
>>47634171
I'd take that with a pretty big grain of salt given the professed superiority of Steiner in mech production, but there also isn't much point in debating something we don't have actual hard numbers for either way.
>>
>>47634258
>objectifying women
Stop
>>
>>47634286
>there also isn't much point in debating something we don't have actual hard numbers for either way.

Since when? Debating something without numbers of back up either claim is, like, easily a third of the conversation about Battletech in these threads.
>>
>>47634302

No. Go back to tumblr. I like looking at attractive women, and I'm going to support companies that provide that.

>I have no issue with attractive men either, I just don't care enough to support a company financially based on that.
>>
>>47634307
I don't really care that much though. To be honest I just came here to post pics of my new minis painted in the colours of one of my favorite regiments, but my camera isn't working.
>>
>>47634286
I'm pretty sure the numbers are right, but yeah, numbers aren't everything. The relative quality and durability of Steiner Mechs should mean they wouldn't need as much turnover.

>>47634059
>>47634053
Okay, since you're clearly unwilling to examine the question at hand, here's a brand new question for you, albeit inspired by the old one:

Should a publisher be expected to spell every little thing out, or can some simple things be left for the reader to deduce without handholding?
>>
>>47634610
Neither the publishers or anyone here have a problem with your headcanon. Just don't expect to pass it off as fact with zero proof.
>>
File: MW1e_p136_Redjack_Ryan.jpg (73 KB, 476x580) Image search: [Google]
MW1e_p136_Redjack_Ryan.jpg
73 KB, 476x580
>>47634146
nice
>>
>>47634610
>the writers of the game are wrong
>but I have no proof and you want to hold hands
try to be more subtle next time, you've outed yourself
>>
Does Stormfury really post here?
>>
>>47634197
Anyone have more art? I'm looking for new style art of the Unseen/Reseen.
>>
>>47632616
Honestly? The Commando. I love the looks, it's always performed solidly for me (10 SRM tubes ain't nothin' to sneeze at), and I just enjoy it on a fundamental level.
>>
>>47634171
The problem with extrapolating from that data is that it implies that a LOT of mechs are being produced in the periphery. Like, 700 a year. Problem is, canonically, the magistracy is turning out a hot 60 mechs a year in that era, and it's highly unlikely that the outworlders are any better. So you end up with either the taurians outproducing most of the IS, which is obviously silly, or else a ton of mechs being produced in places that we have no indication were producing mechs.
Personally, I would call 350 mechs per year for the whole periphery good.
Say 60 each in the MoC and OA, 200 in the TC, and ~30 being assembled in backyards and garages in the minor states and bandit kingdoms
>>
>>47632616
I just realized the Hammer is a poor man's Arctic Cheetah.
>>
File: 1383013132782.png (493 KB, 583x856) Image search: [Google]
1383013132782.png
493 KB, 583x856
>>47634685
It's a question of fact-checking, not canonicity. That said... TR:3050 fluff is from MY head? Math is not "proof"?
a < 3028;
{ a < 2800 || a > 3040 }
solve for a
>>
>>47635113
Nothing in the TRO fluff supports it's a Star League variant from those days. At all. Your "math" is just supposition to support headcanon. So who cares? Peddle it in your AU on the OF, don't try to pass it as fact here.
>>
>>47635039
They make a little more sense if you assume that many of the mechs being "produced" in the periphery happen to look an awful lot like a number of mechs lost to pirates along the border areas.
>>
>>47635039
I agree, 350 for the periphery makes sense, but I think you should consider that it's periphery AND unaffiliated. So, you have other unaffiliated producers counted there. Like the Dragoons, and (this is the big one) ComStar, and other, independent planets with their own factories. We know that there's lots of independent worlds, of which few are on the maps, and some of them have factories on them
>>
>>47635228
Yeah but this is 3025, when ComStar's factories are in mothballs and the Dragoons aren't making mechs besides Archer refits.
>>
>>47635274
>Dragoons aren't making mechs besides Archer refits.
They're having Marauder IIs built, which would also qualify as unaffiliated production
Their archers are new-builds, actually, which is specifically noted in 3025 as being unusual. It also implies something interesting that could also account for some of the missing unaffiliated production. The dragoons are "The only mercenary unit still able to construct its own Archers". Which is interesting in a couple ways, since it suggests that mercenaries building their own mechs were common in earlier eras, and, since the reference is to " their own *archers*" rather than mechs in general, there's an implied possibility that other mercs are still building their own mechs, just not archers, which could account for a few more mechs.
And good point on ComStar. I forgot that they had their factories 100% shut down, rather than still operating, just at very low volume.
>>
File: a few drops of lostech.png (1 MB, 1135x1444) Image search: [Google]
a few drops of lostech.png
1 MB, 1135x1444
>>47634018
I feel that.
>>
>>47635436
I forgot about the Marauder II's. I think the Archers were being built on their one space station that the Dracs wasted.
>>
>>47635515
>I think the Archers were being built on their one space station that the Dracs wasted.
They were, but it was still operational in 3025, which it the year all this discussion is revolving around
>>
File: chaos march p65.png (229 KB, 1166x333) Image search: [Google]
chaos march p65.png
229 KB, 1166x333
>>47634258
Well, I *do* prefer this pic over NEA's >47632918 but more for the composition than the filthiness of the boobs;
>>
>>47635601
on the other hand, this pic is technically an "improved" version of >>47633350, but making the picture ABOUT the boobs makes it dumb and bad.
>>
File: behemoth survivor.jpg (31 KB, 328x251) Image search: [Google]
behemoth survivor.jpg
31 KB, 328x251
>>47635702
>forgot pic
>>
>>47635601
>pic over NEA's >47632918

Wait, I did what now?
>>
File: Desert Wasteland.jpg (30 KB, 387x319) Image search: [Google]
Desert Wasteland.jpg
30 KB, 387x319
>>47634197
don't have a good scan of this card, sorry
>>
File: Cataphract in water.jpg (406 KB, 1600x790) Image search: [Google]
Cataphract in water.jpg
406 KB, 1600x790
>>47634197
I keep trying to post Shimmy's Unseen Moon, but it keeps timing out.

>>47635765
I didn't actually check if it was you posting >>47632918 this time, but I could swear I saw you post it a few months ago saying it was your favorite. Sorry if I got it wrong.
>>
>>47629979
For you, anon.
>>
File: ChaosMarch55_(crop).jpg (347 KB, 1119x1344) Image search: [Google]
ChaosMarch55_(crop).jpg
347 KB, 1119x1344
>>47634197
When you say "in the field," how much "field" do you want visible?
>>
>>47636129
I can guarantee it's not NEA posting that, although I did post it a few months ago to a similar prompt.
>>
>>47634343
That sucks. Which regiment?
>Paint the camera in their enemies' colors.
>>
>>47635039
>The problem with extrapolating from that data is that it implies that a LOT of mechs are being produced in the periphery. Like, 700 a year.
The 700 "unaffiliated" include ComStar, corporations, and merchants as well as the periphery powers. Since the Bandits' 200/yr clearly come from defections, I think a large portion of the 700 "unaffiliated" wouldn't be counted as new production either.

>Personally, I would call 350 mechs per year for the whole periphery good.
I haven't worked the numbers yet (I'm going to work through the events tables to get ratios, which will be a pain), but that sounds alright. I might even go lower.

>>47635436
The Dragoons sourcebook retconned the Archer production into Archer refits. And if the 'goons don't have private production, that pretty well rules out other mercs having it too.

>And good point on ComStar. I forgot that they had their factories 100% shut down, rather than still operating, just at very low volume.
Per the Davion sourcebook, Leopard Armor still operated the mechworks at London (or was it Liverpool) and the aerospace facility at Tokyo. No mention of *what* they build there, though.

>>47635156
You seem confused about what the question was, what I claimed, and how what I said relates to it. But if you're done then I'm done.

>>47634778
Is he the "the war of 3039 makes no sense" guy?

>>47634928
I don't think much in the new style exists yet.
>>
>>47636612

>that pretty well rules out other mercs having it too.

Didn't the Big Mac have their own production centers on Menke that were privately owned?
>>
>>47636612
>No mention of *what* they build there, though.
My guess is spare parts for maintenance. Keeping up an entire spherewide military (even if it is mostly just guarding comm stations) isn't easy, and it's especially not easy if you can't rely on local supply for extra mech gribblies (Because the locals are relatively primitive, don't have much production, and you don't want to alert them to your forces existence).
>>
Has the Hound gotten a mini yet?
>>
>>47636612

>"the war of 3039 makes no sense"

Why wouldn't it make sense?

Nothing was out of the ordinary when I read about it.
>>
>>47636679
It's unlikely they produced 'Mechs there in 3025; first mention I see of it on Menke is TR:3058's Emperor.

>>47636701
They didn't deploy the ComGuard like that until the 3030s. I was going to put TRC-4B Chameleons there, but selling spare parts to all comers makes a lot of sense too.
>>
>>47636828
Something to do with regimental deployments, if I remember the argument right. Haven't researched it myself though.
>>
File: citytech_archer.jpg (282 KB, 881x1024) Image search: [Google]
citytech_archer.jpg
282 KB, 881x1024
>>47632616

I like anything Jim Holloway did back in the days before the Dark Age of Technology. It might have something to do with his work on the Paranoia game.

>>47634928
>Anyone have more art? I'm looking for new style art of the Unseen/Reseen.

Well, it's not "new style" - this picture was the box art for the old Citytech game - but it *does* feature an Unseen Archer.
>>
>>47637262

Jim also did the cover for the first Battletech novel, Decision at Thunder Rift, which featured an Unseen Locust.
>>
>>47637291

... and here is his take on an Unseen Battlemaster.
>>
>>47636828

>Why wouldn't it make sense?

Tech recovery rates mess with Clan Invasion fuff. AFFC loses ~15 regiments and the Dracs lose ~27*. Dracs lose more planets than the AFFC. Theodore's counter-attack doesn't achieve anything. Hanse gives up and goes home despite the Dracs being clearly on the deck. Whole thing is somehow a Drac victory.

IMO it messes up the Invasion too much and is inconsistent with itself. We're expected to believe that the War was hard-enough fought by the Dracs that the Feddies believed they couldn't win it when we're being shown a pretty dramatic curb-stomp that suddenly ends because reasons.

*Yes really, I had a look through the regimental listings at the back of the book.
>>
>>47636612
>. I might even go lower.
I feel like if you go TOO much lower it wouldn't really make much sense; the magistracy is barely getting along with 60 a year, the OA is in an odd situation where it is evidently producing a decently large number of Merlins for export, but relies mostly on bugs for it's military, and since bugs have a high turnover rate, they must produce a decent number.
The concordat kind of has to produce a decently large number of mechs; it has to maintain 16 regiments worth of mechs without supply shortages (none are mentioned in the sources that exist for the 3025 concordat), AND export a reasonably large number to mercenaries and the other periphery states
>>
>>47637347

In all seriousness I think looking at the numbers listed for stuff is a wasted effort. I've never seen numbers for anything that line up with what the plot or fluff is saying should be the case.

If they put as much thought into stuff as we fan-autists do there wouldn't be that problem but it's never been a strength of FASA, FanPro, or CGL.

Which is a bit shit since it's literally their job as writers to think things though, but I don't expect it to change for the better. CGL's stance about not providing hard numbers for much that isn't critical (eg, there's only one Yen-lo-Wang or the like) is probably for the best.
>>
>>47637449
>In all seriousness I think looking at the numbers listed for stuff is a wasted effort
yeah, but sometimes it's fun to waste the effort
>>
File: Unseen-Moon-24.jpg (2 MB, 3840x1200) Image search: [Google]
Unseen-Moon-24.jpg
2 MB, 3840x1200
>>47629518
I don't remember if I intentionally 9/11'd or not, but lol.

>>47636129
Here you go.
>>
>>47633483
>not posting the uncropped version
>>
I've recently picked up Brush Wars, and it's given me an interesting what-if campaign idea: What if the MoC and Andurein managed to get the TCto join their invasion of the CC?
For the sake of argument, let's say thomas calderon dies and is replaced with a fanatically anti-liao regent for whoever his heir would have been.
How would this turn out?
>>
>>47638246
>rifleman with different-length arm barrels
absolutely haram
rest are great though
>>
>>47638308

No Trinity Alliance, but Coleman's still writing for the CapCon. No changes overall, just Capellans doing the stuff the Moc and TC did. It's not like the CapCon had any trouble in Guerrero, after all.
>>
>>47638308
>How would this turn out?
not well for the capellans; they were stretched pretty thin as it was, and a second front clear on the opposite side of the confederation from the main front would have been very bad.
the TC would certainly pick up rollis and larsha (both of which tried to separate from the CC and join the TC in the 30s), and maybe another world or two.
the combined MoC/DoA forces would have been able to probably hold a few worlds long enough for them to be incorporated into the Duchy when the FWL takes it back, and the MoC might have actually been able to keep one or possibly two for themselves. that part wouldn't change from the canon timeline TOO much; the FWL was just 2stronk

it would also probably leave the CCAF even more beat up than in canon, to the point where without Xin Sheng magic, they'd basically have been minor power-tier until the mid '60s

would make a great multi-player ISIF scenario, if ISIF wasn't utter shit
>>
>>47638690

>would make a great multi-player ISIF scenario, if ISIF wasn't utter shit

Kek. With ISIF rules the Taurians would shit out a bunch of 'Mech regiments then roll right over the top of both the Magistracy and CapCon.
>>
>>47639054
>With ISIF rules the Taurians would shit out a bunch of 'Mech regiments then roll right over the top of both the Magistracy and CapCon.
exactly. it would be retarded and unfun.
also, forget shitting out mechs, I did the math once, and under ISIF rules, with a few months of lead time, the TC could be shitting out a fucking BATTLESHIP every single month.
I mean, I like the TC, but even I acknowledge how stone cold retarded that shit was
>>
Does anyone have the UMAD/ASSRAPE copypasta?
>>
>>47639994

I wasn't aware of copypasta involving the Ghost Bears and their Leviathans.
>>
>>47639994
the fuck are you on about m8?
>>
File: 1439942246041.png (36 KB, 1848x251) Image search: [Google]
1439942246041.png
36 KB, 1848x251
>>47639994
I do not.
Have another one though.
>>
File: 1377246467290.png (326 KB, 1365x592) Image search: [Google]
1377246467290.png
326 KB, 1365x592
>>47640330
>>47640369
>>47640476
That's okay, I found it buried at the bottom of an external drive from 4 years ago.
>>
>>47637347
Sales to mercs aren't notable in 3025 (that's a Clan Invasion Era thing), and the Merlin has almost fifty years to achieve the modest popularity it has in 3058. So, given the the Magistracy's rate of 60/year and assuming similar production-per-regiment in the TC and OA, periphery production could be as low as 150/year.

It wouldn't be surprising if attrition were lower in the periphery. Also, they do get occasional get mercenaries and defectors from the Inner Sphere, so their regiments may have a better mix of 'Mechs than their native production would suggest.

>>47637449
The more I look, the more I find. So far I've found a handful of FASA books which outdo the autistest of us. But yeah, clearly that train went off the rails at some point. It would take some effort to get back on track, but you'd think even a rough framework (while preparing, say, to launch into a brand new era) could only be a good thing.

>>47636612
>Per the Davion sourcebook, Leopard Armor still operated the mechworks at London (or was it Liverpool) and the aerospace facility at Tokyo.
Whoops: Liverpool and Tokyo, yes, but it's Aldis Industries, not Leopard.
>>
A BattleMaster, a Rifleman and a Marauder stand three abreast at the foot of a DropShip loading ramp while tiny ant-people scurry at their feet - anyone know which book this is in? The memory of it taunts me.

>>47638246
Thanks. Ironically, a copy was already posted in >>47629481, which doubles my failure.
>>
>>47640496
>assuming similar production-per-regiment in the TC and OA
I would say that's rather doubtful/silly
the TC has something like two times as many mech lines as the rest of the periphery PUT TOGETHER, and are noted as having the best industry in the periphery, so it'd be just a bit silly if they were producing the same quantity of mechs per year as two states on the verge of collapse
>>
>>47640330

topKEK
>>
>>47640496
>So far I've found a handful of FASA books which outdo the autistest of us.
I went down that rabbit hole for an SLDF and a Word of Blake Militia Division, and I can tell you why FASA stopped it. Going full detail like the Wolf and Jade Falcon Clan SBs puts a hard stop to anyone else playing in the sandbox in that era. You say "I want to write about part of the Gyrfalcon Galaxy in 3053. I think maybe the Second Falcon Jaegers? They've got a cool name (or whatever). I've got a great idea for an older Falcon Warden who isn't sure if spending the last decade of his career acting as functionally Solahma was worth the Invasion, and the Ristars bucking for his position." Bzzt. The Second Falcon Jaegers have Marthe Pryde as their Star Colonel at this point in time. In fact, we know almost EVERY SINGLE WARRIOR of the Jade Falcon and Wolf Clans at the end of the Invasion. it's hard to write about, and even harder to keep straight. The First Succession War book is built out of what, a dozen sourcebooks worth of anecdotes? And it still missed things. Can you imagine what the REEE would be if we knew the exact composition, down to KP detail, of the House armies at the time would be?
>>
>>47640496
>Sales to mercs aren't notable in 3025 (that's a Clan Invasion Era thing)
somehow, I would sincerely doubt that it'd be a new thing for 3050, especially considering that the leader of the TC was only getting more paranoid and defensive-minded over the time between 3025 and 3050, which is hardly the sort of thing to encourage an increase in exports
>Also, they do get occasional get mercenaries and defectors from the Inner Sphere, so their regiments may have a better mix of 'Mechs than their native production would suggest.
I would think that that sort of thing isn't very common; of all the 'mercs going native' stuff that we see in the fluff, almost all of it happens to either the TC (who don't really need the diversity in mech models, seeing as they're all classic heavy all the time) or later on, like late 50s late, the OA, and those mercs are specifically called out as raggedy-assed low-end units anyhow
and for that matter,
the OA, at least, is noted as being more than half bugs through to the late 50s, and the MoC is noted as being mostly light and green until xin sheng cock magic takes effect, so evidently, it isn't that big of a factor beyond "SURPRISE, HATCHETMEN" in the 3020s
>>
>>47636612
It's cool, you seemed confused from the beginning (as was observed). Probably better if you stopped.
>>
>>47640665
>And it still missed things
shit, it missed approximately seventy WarShips, forty-ish regiments and three whole WarShip yards, and that was just in the periphery, let alone the inner sphere
>>
>>47634102
>The Suns ignores that

They allegeldy do it by starving anything that isn't a crown world though.
>>
>>47642011
Is there a list or gazetteer or something of those Skid Row worlds in some book? I don't remember either the old Davion book or the HBFS having anything more than "yes there are Skid Row worlds and then there's the Outback" and a couple of planets described in the atlas part.

Also, for some reason I remember the Capellan March described as being better off than the Draconis March. Do I remember correctly?
>>
File: regions.jpg (74 KB, 857x380) Image search: [Google]
regions.jpg
74 KB, 857x380
>>47643336
Got you senpai
>>
File: Falcon smash.png (24 KB, 361x195) Image search: [Google]
Falcon smash.png
24 KB, 361x195
>>
>>47643518
Cheers. Also: no fucking wonder I didn't spot that: I always thought that Skid Row worlds were a state of mind, not an actual FS region like the Outback.
>>
>>47643908
Well that is from the rules section in the back of HB:HD. I'd suggest maybe Skid Row worlds, described as rough or deprived border worlds like Ziliang, are grouped like in the pic to better suggest the lifestyle of a planet for campaigns or character creation.
>>
What's that third party that makes the MW:O style 6mm minis?
>>
File: regulan_hussars_warhammer.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
regulan_hussars_warhammer.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
Let's talk about classic mechs. Which are your favorite? Which are the ones you use despite the era?
>>
Errata for the year is out. Have at 'er.
>>
>>47633945
>at least one of which is more productive
Yeah, the one you cherrypick is an automated factory. Meanwhile other factories are listed as producing 5 or 20 mechs a year. Then you have only thirteen mech types being produced as opposed to Marik's twenty-three. I'll take one hundred Warhammers, Marauders, Crusaders, Orions, Quickdraws and Archers against one hundred and thirty Valkyries and five Atlases any day of the week lol
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.