[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmachine/Hordes General - Soles' Terrible Haircut Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: WMH poster.jpg (10 KB, 250x161) Image search: [Google]
WMH poster.jpg
10 KB, 250x161
Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
https://www.forwardkommander.com
http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
>>
>>47613138
I think its animus can be life saving especially on a caster warlock who doesn't want to take an axe to the face. its not perfect but its there. also yeah transfer past that.
>>
Second for Menoth.
>>
>>47613251
why'd you build at 50 instead of 75? i'll say i play in a meta of mostly mk2 35 point games and it often feels like a lot of stuff doesn't blossom fully til 50...feel like it'll be the same in mk3 and that's annoying
>>
That feel when depressed but it's making you paint your army just to stop wallowing in pity.
>>
>>47613451
Then the new edition is working.
>>
>>47613537
MKIII looks fun to me, just hating what the Internet has become and how isolated internet communities have become .
>>
>>47613349

well i thought 50 was supposed to be the new 35 which is the most common point level i play at. I've generally preferred to get more games in than one 50 point game desu.

However with it not being a direct doubling of the point cost I might consider jumping to 75
>>
WTT spoiled Cygnar for spoiled Trollbloods
>>
Anyone got Wild Adventure?
>>
>>47613714
They've always been like that
>>
>>47614400
You must be new to the Internet.
>>
>>47614078
Cygnar is only rare while Trollbloods are legendary rarity. Not worth it imo, toss in some new unit spoilers and maybe it's a fair trade

I need Trollbloods too
>>
>>47614524
Their new artillery piece is weird.
>>
File: puummler_crew.png (412 KB, 294x911) Image search: [Google]
puummler_crew.png
412 KB, 294x911
>>47614593
Yeah, for 6 points I can't possibly think of when I'd want to bring this thing. Once again, I have no idea what PP introduced this thing for. Was it really working well in their internal meta?
>>
>>47613184
>250x161
>poster
More like a scale mural lads
>>
>>47614749
It just doesn't really bring much to Trollbloods. Other armies that could use the extra long range blasts, I could see a niche use, but Trolls have plenty already.
>>
File: 1464464865388.png (282 KB, 555x571) Image search: [Google]
1464464865388.png
282 KB, 555x571
>>47614502
Yeah, people were so much more cooperative in the old MUD days

Has anyone started dojo'ing lists for mkiii?
>>
>>47613714
The internet loves to over-react. The doom and gloom will clear up and it'll be back to complaining online while people ignore it and play the game with their groups.
>>
Will post trolls when I get home from work in ~20 in exchange for anime titties
>>
File: anime tiddies.jpg (178 KB, 777x578) Image search: [Google]
anime tiddies.jpg
178 KB, 777x578
>>47615143
>>
>>47615138
I'm not talking about Warmachine emos, the entire state of the Internet is fucked. Can't always be rolling dice you know?
>>
I managed to grab all the cards, but is there some I can share without getting into trouble?

Anyway. I did some calculations (Aka some basic stuff on Anydice) and figured out why Weaponmaster is so strong.

Because it ISN'T just a flat +3.5. Because the way that dice probability works, when you roll dice, your probability of doing higher then average damage also increases.
>>
>>47615105
>Has anyone started dojo'ing lists for mkiii?
yeah for a couple factions. though nothing is really gelling for me for cryx beyond denny1 gunline. legion and coc are going ok
>>
>>47615105
I have - unfortunately I'm met with some doom and gloom. One of my staple lists is now gone and is impossible to present in its original form in the new edition. I've got variations playable, it just isn't the same.

I've also done some minor dojo with my second faction but haven't quite been inspired enough for a list yet.
>>
>>47615296
pretty much everything has been leaked everywhere now, so they can't exactly go after the initial one or two leakers because it's proliferated
>>
>>47615337
No eSkarre def 20 kraken?
>>
>>47615356
Whats the way I do it... I haven't mass shared things before. Megashare or something?

Should I make a new account to share it?
>>
>>47615105
Trying to Dojo ECaine but armor is killing him.

I've been considering running 2 Centurions on him with min Trenchers + Busters and then Jakes + Gallant + Lanyssa but it just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>47615368
Use something disposable if you're afraid of it coming back to you, I guess.
Any site will do.
If you;ve got cygnar, we'd be very thankful.
>>
Anyone got links to the spoiled decks, preferably not from megaz
>>
>>47615386
Run him with Old Rowdy and murdoch'd forgeguard, tossing in finn if u weant the speed boost

arguably you could do the stormblades + ua + gunners

or just a stormwall?
>>
Time's up

No anime titties, no trolls.
>>
>>47614749
That extra AoE with a pow 10 blast is going to be pretty good at getting to and killing enemy support.
>>
>>47615474
oh well
>>
>>47615454

Stormwall has been Dojo'd by Courage of Caspia and it does O K but not great.

Forgeguard might be the way but there's a lot of real nasty anti-infantry in MK3.
>>
File: 011 - 13VPnJd.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
011 - 13VPnJd.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>47615474
>>
>>47615391
I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me:

http://www.4shared.com/office/tn8d7GaRce/Cygnar.html
>>
>>47615474
http://www.4shared.com/office/Nq1fcdXmce/Trollblood.html

I don't care for anime titties.
>>
>>47615518
Those are weak titties but ok

Some guy put them all on his dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fu8dntmjxoxmuum/AACSJvzuJ3hJQ6ixBXqy4YUfa/troll%20leaks.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>47615502
Stormblades are worth the look since they got Iron Zeal now iirc, and a junior buffing them plus maybe stormsmith grenadiers/sbc is gonna shit out a ton of damage if it reaches. You'll want to test the survivability of both options. Ol Rowdy is a staple though and will likely continue to be.
>>
>>47615519

sending russians to get you as I type this
>>
>>47615386

i like an avenger, ol' rowdy and two AT rifleman as suggested on the forums. Caine can tag any beast or jack with grievous wounds and the avenger FFEing will knock it flat on its ass and knock a heap of boxes out of it and the rifles will keep pinging away aiming at the cortex that now cant be repaired (or spirit on beasts)

after the first few turns, a gallant on jakes, ol' rowdy and the avenger can get into melee.

its not the best against armor and i'd drop someone else against the worst ARM spam out there but its workable
>>
>>47615577
Junior + Firefly + (SBC jm-Stormclad) + Full SB would be hilarious. You got some insane hitting power, but to be honest if I want to run this I'm going to do it with Maddox and then have Runewood marshall the Stormclad.

Maddox makes the Blades +3arm and Tough and gives them BB and +3 strength on the charge which is mind numbing amounts of hitting power.
>>
>>47615606
Irony. I share the Americans and get the russians.
>>
>>47615609
Doing the lord's work.
>>
>>47615612
I've been reading that thread and I think the Avenger is a god-like jack in MK3.

I really think that Caine 2 is the only anti-infantry a list needs, with his innate magic bullet and the constant threat of 9-10 shots.

That's why I think that running a "Jackspam" list on him could be the best answer to his problems.

Arlan + Mechanics can keep his jacks alive while he can fuel three jacks a turn to full focus while still camping 1. This is also without using Arlan or something like Stormclads.

Obviously there's better Jack casters but the idea is that Caine's got HR, a solid FFE drop in the Avenger, and then enough firepower to drop any solo's that annoy him. His feat is also still able to do some serious hurt to just about anything.
>>
Anyone have khador?
>>
>>47615296
>Because the way that dice probability works, when you roll dice, your probability of doing higher then average damage also increases.
I don't think you actually grasp how rolling more d6 affects the curve
>>
>>47615928
I dunno. I just used Any dice and used the "Roll at least" function. and there is a clear probability difference at each echelon of damage.
>>
>>47615928
Most people don't.

7, 3.5, all those numbers aren't the average when you look at damage.

You can spike high, but there's no such thing as spiking low. The lowest you can do on damage is 0, which raises the probability curve higher for damage rolls.

So dice-6 isn't actually 1, it's more like 1.5 or so because rolling a 5 or less doesn't heal the target, it just does 0. So spiking damage doesn't have a corresponding negative value for a low roll, it's just all 0. That's why a weaponmaster is better than just straight +3.5 because of spikes.

There's a chart somewhere with the true values of damage probabilities I need to find. But it means that dice-7 isn't 0 average for example, it's somewhere between 0.5 and 1 iirc.
>>
>>47613184

Pfft. I like Soles' haircut. Kind of, at least.
>>
>>47615877

Last thread: >>47609700
>>
File: 1440110125693.jpg (122 KB, 947x734) Image search: [Google]
1440110125693.jpg
122 KB, 947x734
>>47616073
GTFO faggot. Your kind isn't welcome round here.
>>
>>47615337
My pDenny gunline is unchanged. I've been focusing on venny/scavvy/denny3
>>
Does anyone have eyes on any of the Ret stuff not in the spoiled deck? House Lys healer, Ellowyr Swordsmen and Helios iirc.
>>
>>47616037
I find I'll use 3.5 for quick math to make a point, but in my own head I tend to keep in mind the total ranges.

Probability takes a lot of space to do right. Discussions are going to be in short hand because of that.
>>
>>47616266
http://anydice.com/

Use this website. Just type in something like 3D6-3 VS 4D6-6 and set it too "At least" and table
>>
Example of the difference:

Say, a Iron Fang Pikeman (Pow 13) VS a Khador Juggernaught
http://anydice.com/program/1412

And a Pow 10+ Weaponmaster VS Khador Juggs

http://anydice.com/program/8873

Make sure to set them to at least.
>>
New to the hobby, which black primer and matte varnish do you guys use for your minis?
>>
>>47616322
>http://anydice.com/
Thanks for the link that's a good one. Can it do target numbers?
>>
>>47616378
I don't use matte. I find it takes way too much out of the metallics. I've tried that before and was really disappointed, it dulls it way too much. I just do clear coats now.
>>
>>47616378
army painter

Testors dullcoat
>>
>>47616143

I... I'm sorry. In my defence I don't have a similar haircut.
>>
>>47616378
Krylon primer works great.
>>
>>47616616

If you are a goddamn savage. You want the badger stynylrez which will work on plastic or metal. The vellajo primer smooths out better, but peels badly on pewter.

Krylon is for scrubs from middle america that only have a wal mart close by.
>>
>>47616662
What's wrong with krylon?
>>
Sometimes when I look over Hordes and do the math I seriously wonder why people are complaining.

Like I'm looking at the Mauler. And I'm not seeing any issue with it's damage output or utility. It's got some flexibility in grab and smash. I'm counting 30 boxes which is well within heavy warjack range + it's snacking/rapid recovery stuff. Even if it just self casts rage and goes to town with 3 fury left it does plenty of melee damage.

Maybe it's just that I should ignore the doom and gloom more.
>>
>>47616681

Its not really priming. Its spray painting your model black. Actual krylon level spray primer is going to go on too thick and lose all your detail.

What you want from a primer is "tooth." Basically the primer is rougher at the microscopic level helping it pull more paint off the brush. That is why it looks matte.

Krylon primer is most likely just black spray paint which is made to be smooth even when matte and won't do what you want when it comes to taking paint.

That being said its better than nothing if it is all you have.

An airbrush setup and a bottle of the badger stuff you get for a $100 bucks and will do a much better job.
>>
>>47616715
Why do you assume every retard bitching on the Internet has a valid argument? Everyone but Retribution players and Mercs are whining
>>
>>47616715

Because the people that are bitching are just Troll faggots who wanted to play a totaly broken list with 11 free points in a fury system with no draw backs.

Or spam 8 wound arm 23 weaponmaster butt faggot blue dudes.

Neither of which was fun when the entire tournament was filled with the same fucking two lists and Haley2.
>>
File: Wizard_man_4.png (2 MB, 1681x554) Image search: [Google]
Wizard_man_4.png
2 MB, 1681x554
>>47616741
I've been painting pic related with Krylon grey primer. It has always held detail just fine for me.
>>
>>47616715
>Like I'm looking at the Mauler. And I'm not seeing any issue with it's damage output or utility. It's got some flexibility in grab and smash. I'm counting 30 boxes which is well within heavy warjack range + it's snacking/rapid recovery stuff. Even if it just self casts rage and goes to town with 3 fury left it does plenty of melee damage.
I don't recall any Troll players complaining about the Mauler. Really, we don't have too much to legitimately complain about except perhaps Burrowers, the Impaler, the Skinner and Borka-2.

Other than that we aren't bad, but just kinda boring.
>>
>>47616759
It's one of my bad habits.

I haven't heard much about Dozer and Smigs and they seem scary/fantastic.

Earthborn doesn't look that bad either. 32 boxes with elemental communion for more defensive tech, immunity to elemental crap, the standard dire regen + snacking, and Earth's Blessing Animus? Sure his highest melee output is 3 damage boosted P+S 15s without buffs but man is removing him from a scenario area going to be troublesome.

Yet the doom patrol was acting like EBDT is totally unplayable. Why put a second Mauler in a list over EBDT? What if your list is scenario oriented?
>>
>>47616741
I use the krylon white that's pure primer, not the paint+primer spray.
>>
>>47616853
There was this really weird anti-mauler vibe when insider dropped for Trolls. Though that may have been a "EBDT was better at damage before and now it's not. Don't make us take Mauler. Make EBDT crazy damage again" thing.

Also fair enough. I've been wondering if Burrowers start 6" out of base deployment or AD line which makes a big difference. Though they did get nerfed crazy hard.

What's wrong with Impaler, Skinner and Borka 2 btw?

>>47616774
Fair enough.
>>
>>47615361
i didn't ever really play eSkarre in mk2, but the kraken was a starting point for me in mk3. mostly I've been thinking about gaspy3 or vinny to pair with denny1. i want to look at shade3 as well but losing ghostly for no fucking reason just kinda bums me out.
>>
>>47616903
>What's wrong with Impaler, Skinner and Borka 2 btw?
Since the Impaler can't pass out his animus anymore and the Bomber also has Snipe, we really don't have any reason to take him anymore unless you want a cheaper warbeast with Snipe for a ranged warlock like Grim. He was much cooler before because he could pass it out to the War Wagon, Pyre, Slag, etc. But now, I just can't really justify him when a Bomber is more generally useful, even for the extra points.

The Skinner still can't damage anything. Even with an extra point in STR. Ambush and Treewalker really don't solve his core problem; he can't put the hurt on anything. He does too little for 4 points when compared to other things like the Croak Hunter.

And Borka-2 is just boring and doesn't do much out of his feat turn. He is a very defensive warlock except where it comes to his stats and abilities. He is just.... weird.
>>
>>47615386
i more want to dojo against caine haha. ecaine is solidly S tier at this point. not sure what an assassination caster also needed to have attrition power but ok :\
>>
>>47616859
I'm a Ret player looking to switch to Minions (or maybe Circle with heavy Croak usage) because Hordes looks so much more fun to me.
>>
>>47617026
Hmm interesting. Whats the word on the other Troll lights? Night Troll, Pyre, Slag, Axer.
>>
>>47616266
4 is a pretty good approximation for the value of weapon master. It *is* worth more than 3.5, but it's not *much* more in most cases.
>>
>>47615809

against tough infantry, do you think shooting more trick shots or using grievous is better? my friend is a fan of tough errants and i was wondering if i kill more of them firing trick shots or grievous

i definitely agree that all caine needs is arm crack to make him work. i can't see any infantry except heavy infantry surviving his 3 initials from reinholdt + however many other shots he wants to buy.

my pairing right now is eCaine and Nemo3. Nemo handles the real hardcore jack spam, and centurions with nemo are just dirty.

eCaine can handle just about anything though
>>
>>47617311
Actually its worth more then 4 because its upper end damage is still more likely to happen.

A Weaponmaster unit does exponentially more damage then a Unit with even just a flat +4 bonus.
>>
>>47617457
>exponentially

I don't think you understand what that word means.
>>
>>47617105
Ret got crazy good fyi ;)
>>
COC dojo!

Lucant +28
-Corollary -6
-Inverter -15
-Inverter -15
TEP -19
ADO -2
Accretion Servitors -2
Foundry x2 -10
Steelsoul x1 -4
Obstructors -11
Eradicators -15
Optifex Directive -4

can also swap the Inverter, Steelsoul, and TEP for an Axiom.

Syntherion +27
-Corollary -6
-Axiom -38
-Assimilator -16
-Cipher -17
-Diffuser -6
-Galvanizer -5
ADO -2
Steelsoul x1 -4
Attunement Servitors -4
Optifex Directive -4
>>
>>47617491
Ok well maybe not that case but point is that weaponmaster does more damage PER UNIT on top of more damage per singular trooper.
>>
>>47617256
> Night
Got a bit better and is our cheapest light at 7 points. His animus is the main reason to take him as it allows him to control where models move a little bit, but with MAT 5 and ARM 15 he will get into melee and then just die. A filler beast, really, and not much more.

> Swamp
Got better. RAT 6 really does help a bit. I feel like his animus still costs too much, but other than that he is cheap and okay. I still don't think we will see him very much since he can only drag medium and small bases and the chances of him being able to hit and damage (and thus be able to drag) a warlock/caster are kinda slim, so he will probably continue to sit on people's shelves.

> Axer
Lost a point of ARM, but got cheaper. Overall still a solid beast and a staple for beast-heavy lists thanks to Rush.

> Bouncer
Got MAT 6 and an alright animus. Honestly don't know if he is worth the points, though.

> Winter
Got cheaper but his animus is RNG Self and he still has RAT 4. Still utter garbage.

> Slag
Lost the +2 damage on his animus, so now Acidic Touch is laughably worthless. Otherwise he is really good against non-living targets thanks to Erosion on his melee attacks and Assault. He is... specialized. But, he is REALLY good at his job, so I think he will see play.

> Pyre
Still pretty good. RAT is now 5, RNG 10 on his spit. Only bad part is Flaming Fists is now RNG self. I think he will still be used for his animus and auto-fire inducing ranged attack.
>>
Just picked up this lot for $125, never played the army before. Wondering what I should get to add onto it.

Kommander Harkevich
Black Ivan
Destroyer
Destroyer
Juggernaut
Juggernaut
Great Bears of Gallowswood
Widowmakers
>>
>>47617745

Behemoth
>>
>>47617542
I know, they're nuts.
>>
would valid like MOWs? just thinking of synergy bw dash + desperate pace + hand of fate
>>
>>47617818
i mean Vlad3
>>
>>47617715
Some thoughts

> Swamp
If light jack spam starts really being a thing then something like Swamp gets better.

>> Slag
We don't know if corrosion stayed the same. So that might change. Also, man dat erosion.

Glanced Impaler. Seemed okay on its own. I can see where it might get overshadowed but it's still putting out potential ranged slams.

I think you missed the lightning troll.

I think in general a lot of warbeasts will feel better when they have targets they can actually slam and throw. Which really only requires a reduction in Huge bases and increase in medium/large bases across the board.
>>
>>47617020
I would look at denny3 I think she is the best caster in the faction atm
>>
My friend likes caine2, and I've been working with him to try to figure up a jack heavy list. The idea being, Caine2 + Ace can clear a lot of infantry by themselves, letting the rest of the list focus on fucking things. The sword knights give a screen that's def 15 in melee, can be used with flank to finish off a target the jacks don't one-round, and thanks to the UA they can re-activate jacks if one of the jrs die.

So you've got one centurion hitting arm 24 with shield, ol rowdy at def 14 and KD immune, sword knights that are def 15 vs melee and KD immune, rune shots everywhere, a shield guarding sentinel, and another centurion. FFE on one of the jrs lets it take a double boosted hand cannon shot each turn without using its own focus.

Caine2 +27
Centurion 17
Ace 12
Sentinel 8
Squire 5

Jr 4
Centurion 17

Jakes 4
Ol Rowdy 18

Sword Knights 13
Sword knight UA 4
>>
>>47617918
how so? Soul Mastery got fucked something fierce.
>>
>>47617922
Oh, and can arcane shield the knights if there's a heavy blast presence. Arm 17 is enough that even high explosive blasts are only killing 40% of the time if they're not boosted.
>>
>>47617818
I think we are still missing a piece of the puzzle.

Honestly Vlad 3 prefers fast, and make it faster not speeding up the slow. Irusk 1/2 work better with them.
>>
>>47617882
>I think you missed the lightning troll.
Ha! I did. I forgot him because he is so bland. He pumps out a couple ranged shots, but that's about it. I guess he can clear some infantry, but I doubt he will be doing that often since we have other options (like the Pummler Crew, Bomber, War Wagon, Sluggers) that do that and do it better or for less points. He is okay, bordering on bad as far as I'm concerned.

Trollbloods are in a fine, if rather bland, place. I have been tooling around with lists and I think things will be alright, but I am still miffed that some things which have been a problem since Mk. I (like the Winter Troll and Bushwackers) still haven't gotten any better.
>>
>>47617969
ah, so uhlans and like...Ruin/spriggan for Infernal Machine for Vlad3?
>>
>>47617983
>elemental trolls
>bland
You'd probably die of boredom if you looked at the merc lights.
>>
>>47617983
Okay you I enjoy talking to.

So glanced over Skinner. +1 Pow, AD, and Treewalker is better then what Hunter did for him before. 4 points isn't that expensive so I was mentally checking if I thought he'd be fair at 3 and I think he'd be a bit too good.

He has a role in ambushing deep and going for backstrikes against enemy backline.

I think my conclusion is that the major issue is that he's still RNG 0.5. Sure it's just a skinning knife but on a solo I think they could justify RNG 1 on him. Sounds like a small difference but it'd raise his engagement range against things that can't fight him.

...actually instead of RNG 1 maybe I'd give him Lucky on his attack since he only has the one.
>>
>>47617713
Number of models hitting doesn't matter when determining whether weapon master is better or worse than +4 POW.

Reality of it is -- from actually calculating it:

Weapon Master at "dice minus 11" rolling to damage averages out almost exactly to normal dice at "dice minus 7" -- specifically, 0.968 for the former and 0.972 for the latter.

As the minuses to the roll increase, weapon master gets better. As the minuses decrease, flat POW gets better -- but weapon master never gets worse than 3.5 average over straight dice. It gets better then +4 POW at "dice minus 12" and worse, but at that point you're averaging less than 1 damage per roll, so it doesn't end up mattering much. And the largest net average benefit weapon master has over +4 POW is at "WM dice minus 14"/"dice minus 10", where weapon master is a massive 0.05 better (0.16 vs. 0.11).

So +4 POW is a reasonable estimate. It's never closer to +3 POW than +4 POW, and by the time it's better than +4 POW, you're doing piddling damage anyway.
>>
When's the official MKIII rule PDF coming out?
>>
>>47618082
Well, I never said all the elementals were bland. Just the Storm. He really doesn't seem to have much of a place now that his animus is RNG Self.

>>47618096
I always felt like just giving his Mk II profile +1 STR and Prey would have been enough to make him a solid throw-away combat solo. Ambush is definitely the best thing going for him as it is, but with RNG 0.5 and no ranged attack I just don't think that's good enough.
>>
>>47618163
Next week.
>>
>>47617818
He is probably your best bet if you want to run multiple man o war units.
I could see some synergy between them and the cavalry he likes to take. Not only are the man o wars the anvil to their hammer, but they are also a good place to sprint behind when you feat
>>
>>47618163
June 12
>>
>>47618187
>>47618194

Thanks dudes.
>>
>>47618175
Skinner is in a weird spot because he overperforms against warbeasts and underperforms against everything else.

I think Treewalker is not to be underestimated though. Forest ignoring is rare in the new edition and he'll be camping in a forest ready to spring out from safety.

I can see flat ADing him or ambushing him depending on match up. Though I also get why he isn't great.

Kinda makes you wonder why Duck isn't warbeast/warjack.
>>
>>47618142
I just tend to be in a Khadoran Mindset so I always compare weapon master damage to arm 20, and that stuff is usually -7 or so. Still feels like it does a huge amount of damage, and it kinda does.
>>
>>47618327
>he overperforms against warbeasts
You think so? He can't one-shot light beasts on average rolls and only gets one attack at RAT 7, so I would argue that he isn't even good at the job he was designed for. I feel like Prey would help him a lot against more types of targets (not just warbeasts) and help him hit more accurately and harder. It also fits great with his theme.

> Kinda makes you wonder why Duck isn't warbeast/warjack.
Yeah, it doesn't affect warjacks for theme-purposes and that's about it, obviously. Game-play wise it would give him a definite leg-up against his other 4 point competitors.
>>
>>47618175
The storm troll gaining repulse is super good for it.
Now non-reach models get only 1 attack (unless they have optimal positioning).
Meanwhile the storm troll has some good tech against most models with only a single attack
>>
>>47617933
That's fine, its really just there to get the ball rolling.

She has a decent def and arm swing and runs jacks very efficiently
>>
>>47618431
+2 additional die is potentially scary. P+S + 5d6 charge attack can spike really hard.

Not sure a 4 PC model needs to one shot lights. He helps put damage on them so something else can have an easier time killing it. Maybe it'd feel better if he had grievous wounds or could pick the column?

Worth noting that Trolls have access to Puppet Master. It's the entire roll so it's not a full fix but it does let you get two chances at a big spike. It also lets you try for that lucky thing I mentioned before.

Skinner has the same problem that a lot of things had in Mk2 though where much of their PC was spent on utility abilities. So they are sub-optimal at on their job.
>>
Whats the full MK2 buff set up for Trollkin Champions look like?

Trying to sort out what exactly has changed for Troll buffing and I'm having a hard time spotting it in the cards alone.
>>
>>47618972

Here you go anon;

Take Borka
Put Defenders Ward on them
Put the Krielstone behind them
Put Wrong Eye/Snapjaw behind them
Have a SSC in your list

That's 16/18 to shooting, no knockdown
That's 16/18 to melee, no knockdown, they'll be under Star Crossed (So really almost 18/18 at that point)

If you really wanted to go nuts, put a Bouncer behind them and some Warders next to them. Then you're saying "Sorry, you have to melee these 16/18 Steady Champs under Star Crossed"
>>
File: Iron mother.gif (86 KB, 387x459) Image search: [Google]
Iron mother.gif
86 KB, 387x459
So, people have had some time to digest the Mk 3 spoilers. Do you think that CoC is worth investing in with Mk 3? I always wanted to play it, but their total lack of powerful casters outside of Lucant kind of turned me off.

Now Lucant has been nerfed, along with the Enigma Foundries, the models that made me want to play the faction in the first place. I'm having trouble seeing positives through the haze of salt.

>>47618972

Chroniclers are FA 2, Defensive Line gives Steady. Champs are going to be skewing for Defense a lot more, desu. Grissel 2 has Deflection, Calandra has Star Crossed, Jarl has Quicken, Madrak has Sure Foot. There are tons of decent Def buffs in faction.

Warders and Bouncers mean you have all the Shield Guard you are ever going to need. MMM is dead, long live the MMM.
>>
>>47619640
Yeah that's about what I came up with for MK3. Is MK2 the same thing only lower def and higher arm? Did Champs cap at Arm 20 in MK2?
>>
Anyone got any Thagrosh1 dojo going yet? I feel the feat change ought to get builds outside the BB/Spears list.
>>
>>47619777

It's more that Steady is actually a pretty good rule to abuse. The biggest thing hurting them is losing 3 boxes of health, but that happened to anyone who wasn't CoC or Khador, so, y'know...
>>
I was feeling super dandy about MOWs, until I started looking at other heavy infantry.

I just realized how punked I felt after I realized that the pretty big nerfs the Skorne Cataphracts took only made them about on par with MOWs, and MOW sucked anyway.

To be fair most of the other factions infantry lost 3 hP which is the difference between surving a median style hit or dying. But its not worthwhile surviving that hit for most of them anyway.

But MOW where Nerfed this edition. -1 Def. With a miniscule reduced point cost. An they where wretched beforehand. And Im not saying that Cataphracts are not worse. Just like....The smugness about MOW is more about shaudenfrueden then because they got good.

Like Im just thinking that generally MOW are still super slow, can't take heavy hits like they couldn't before, have terrible defensive stats, still hit pretty weak for their size (Pow 11 Weaponmaster is better)....

And what happened? A 5 point solo that can make 1 unit speed 6 at a time (And a utterly worthless Jack Marshal ability. Whooooo)? 4 More points for Sturdy, No knockdown and assault? Assault with RAT 5 cannons?

Why was I excited again? Iron Flesh Skew? Like again thats only good on shocktroopers, but thats not super exceptional when the delivery is still so mediocre.

Im just thinking that Iron Fang Pikemen still kick MOW ass all the way to sunday school like they did before, even better now with Mat buffs. Any Buffs Khador has received still go better on iron fang pikemen.

What makes this edition about infantry hate again?

Man those theme forces better be sparkling golden.
>>
>>47620152
You're wrong in so many ways that I don't have the energy to debunk them.
>>
>>47615519
>Download instantly with your social network
wat
Is this even a thing or am I on drugs?
>>
>>47620139
I mean, we still have tricks. Iron flesh means that they're survivable outside of shield wall. With their new UA and kovnik they threat 11 inches on their charge, have assault, are steady and push immune, and iron flesh putting them at def 19 means they can survive counter attacks. Unbuffed jacks and beasts won't be able to one-shot them without boosted damage with iron flesh up.

The UA is what makes shocks good. Pow 14 assaults are going to hurt, even if it is rat 5.

-1 def is meaningless. Def 11 for dice math is basically identical to def 10. That literally doesn't matter.

Arm 23 in shield wall is legitimately good. A charging enraged bronzeback will not kill a shock trooper at arm 23 in one swing. And if they roll a little below average it won't kill him with the second initial, either, unless it's boosted.
>>
>>47619771

CoC were good before, and the few changes they got were largely buffs. Lucant got nerfed a little bit, but generally I think the faction is in a strong place at the moment. The only reason to be salty is if you're some kind of CoC hipster fag who thinks they should be the only faction that can control large warjack battlegroups.
>>
>>47620279
Im just thinking that whats the motive to take them instead of iron Fangs. Iron Fangs Can't skew, but they can just mainly do everything MOW can just cheaper.

Pow 14 assault hurts, but so does Rat 5,

And Def 11 isn't good, but it did matter because cover and the like did make it better. I will say free repairable is nice.

Like what bothers me is that its still a super expensive package. Your paying 25 Points for Assault and +2 speed. You can flat have a Juggernaught and a Kodiak for that cost.Or nearly 2 full units or iron fangs.

But Shocktroopers at least have something. Demo Core are just.......Lord. And Bombardiers wen't from insultingly overcosted to just eh.

But I guess scenario is the great equalizer. Doesn't have to make sense, or have your unit do anything. Just survive your way to victory.
>>
As a Cryx player, I am sad.
>>
>>47620573
Good.
>>
>>47620551
Iron fangs are specialized in offense. They don't take damage worth a shit. They can survive low pow shooting if you shield wall them, but realistically they're just there for their solid damage output. No matter what buffs you throw on them, single wound infantry is not surviving a charge from anything. Even with iron flesh and shield wall a boosted 10 is going to kill iron fangs. Iron fangs are what you want to bring to get a whole bunch of charging precision strike dudes on the field, who on the approach can pop a minifeat to survive pow 10s that don't have CRA. Either run and shield wall, or run and iron zeal.

Shock troops can hold a zone. They can take a charge from heavies and survive. They're steady and can't be pushed. They can be healed. While still having respectable damage output. They're good at different things and not really comparable.
>>
Speaking of iron fangs, black dragons lost a lot of value in mk3.

Iron zeal losing a point of armor, the IFP minifeat getting better, and IFP being able to get precision strike handed out to them really lowers the value of black dragons. Bring them if you really need the extra 2 points saved by not taking a kovnik, and even then only if you're not fielding great bears or uhlans in your list. Black dragons got worse, IFP got better, IFP got less expensive, and black dragons got more expensive.
>>
how are cephalyx looking? please dear god tell me my 40 drudges aren't useless
>>
>>47620830

They've changed some but in general are about as potent as before. Overlords got better, and Drudge creation is easier to do.
>>
>>47620851

...I think you are glossing some stuff over.

-All the Cephalyx (not drudges) got stealth. That's pretty big.

-Influence now allows you to make ranged attack with opponent's guns.

-Dominators are FA 2 and 1 point (!!!)

-Mind Slaver drudges gained shanghai (add a drudge to a unit if an enemy model is killed while in melee with 2+ drudges)

-Overlords gained Veteran Leader (drudges),

-Cyphon traded Affliction for Blur

-Thexus got hit by the Deceleration nerf. Now it only provides armor. Rampager now works on any warbeast.

-Monstrosities are even cheaper now (Warden is 10 pts?!). They also have a new set of rules: whenever they suffer damage, they gain a focus point, and they don't dump leftover focus during the maintenance phase. Now any Cephalyx model can pretend to be a Skorne beasthandler and tickle monstrocities for focus.

I'm pretty hyped about the faction, to be honest.
>>
anyone got a link to the retribution leaks?
>>
>>47621056
They also all lost Sac Pawn, which in many of the match ups they're hunting for is better. They used to be my Legion hard counter, now they're fucking terrible into Legion.

Not saying they're bad, but you'll have to build to different match ups and chose your list more carefully, since anything with Stealth outs can snipe out your leaders, and then you're left with shitty Drudge Command.

Mercs overall look fucking incredible for Mk3 though.
>>
I can't wait till Cygnar gets something more interesting than just parking two stormwalls on the table
again and again
and again
>>
>>47618194
Sweet, thats my birthday.
>>
Are there any spoilers for the Legion Hellmouth?
>>
>>47620725

Youre fucking wrong. Side step is reason enough alone to take them.
>>
>>47621492

On the other hand, Wardens are 10 points. How many shield guards do you need?

I'm not sure that I would say that they are *terrible* into legion. Stealth takes care of their infantry shooting (turns out Deathstalkers are still a thing). The Agitator still has sac pawn monstrosity. Aside from the awful command stat, losing the overseer on a drudge unit doesn't actually make the unit any worse at functioning.

Plus Eyeless Sight got nerfed, and there will be more terrain on the table for cover. Plus both Cephalyx casters have def boosts that will put the Cephalyx in the most danger at Def 16/17, which is not trivial for a warbeast to shoot at.

While Sac Pawn is better in some situations, I have a hard time seeing it as a nerf.
>>
>>47621980
Why?

With reposition minifeat, the IFP get a 3 inch move instead of a 2 inch.
>>
Why did PP have to kneecap Kraye
>>
>>47621986
I still think it's a nerf, but not a big one. Overall Cephalyx did totally fine, some buffs and some nerfs, but they're still real good.
>>
>>47622091

...what?

You mean Kraye, the guy who never had enough focus, doesn't like Powerup? What about the fact that Iron Horse now gives every jack in his battlegroup boosted charge attacks and fucking Reposition 5 for no focus ever?

I know that he lost Guided Fire (I don't have the Cygnar spoilers on hand), but as long as his spell list has text on it, I don't really see how he could possibly have gotten worse.
>>
>>47622129
Shitty nuke, Bullet Dodger, Pursuit, and a 3 cost to give all FF models in his control area pathfinder.
>>
>>47622129
His spell list almost doesn't have text on it. Cav rules and Repo5 on jacks is cool and all, but it doesn't win the game on it's own and that's basically all Kraye does.
>>
>>47622129
Both Full tilt and Guided Fire are gone.
Also how about no tall in the saddle anymore.
>>
>>47622129

Is his feat the same?

While he certainly isn't going to be a world shaker, it wasn't like Mk 2 Kraye was that great. He had a lot of potential, completely wasted by not having enough resources to do what he wanted to do. Did you really think they were going to let him keep his spell list in a world with Power Up and buffed cav rules?
>>
I'm thinking of getting back into this game when MK3 drops. Is minions a real faction now? Haven't played since MK1
>>
>>47622197

Pigs and gators signed a peace treaty and play together now. That alone is a pretty big deal, the faction is a full-size faction now.

Gatorman Posse got a huge fucking nerf, though, so there is that.
>>
>>47622208
didnt farrows also lose CRA
>>
>>47622208
They got nerfed from absolute best medium base unit in the game, to solid generalists. They're fine. I'm still using them in my skorne lists over cataphracts.
>>
>>47622208
Except the Warlocks, who will only work with native beasts.
>>
>>47622188
His feat got way worse. No longer gives free stand up and change facing, no longer gives boosted melee attack rolls. Only improvement is it's now +2SPD rather than +2 movement on charges, which is technically better.
>>
>>47622208
So what should i buy after Barnabus, wrastler, boneswarm, posse and that crappy alligator light?
>>
What are magnus/rhulic merc lists in mk3 looking like? I'm awful at the game and considering my next purchases. Horgenhold artillery seem fun.
>>
>>47622210

Did they have CRA in Mk 1? If so, then yes, the brigands lost it.

Carver gave it to them in Mk 2, but now he just gives +1 to attacks from all pig infantry. The brigands got all their prayers on all the time, and a unit attachment that gives them Prey, so really, I think this is still the best they have ever been.
>>
>>47622230
A croc doc. Maybe he'll help your posse get better.
>>
>>47622250
They're already tough, all he'd do is make them undead.
>>
>>47622244
Carver did not even exist in MK1
I almost forgot farrow brigands on the other hand did.
No, no CRA in MK1
>>
>>47622234

Non-colossal Jacks got so much better and cheaper that you don't see as many colossals hanging around. Aside from that, there are no more contracts, so just read the whole faction and pick your favorites.

Gun bunnies being 6 points and benefitting from Powerup is fucking bonkers
>>
>>47622285
Maybe we finally will see more than colossal vs colossal combat
>>
What should i add to 2-player horde box circle part to make it more playable?
A Feral, maybe? Druids? And overall are both versions of Kaya being viable and versatile? Because i like Kromac, Mohsar, Bradigus and Grayle. Are those sort of viable and versatile aswell, or can be played unpredictably?

Oh and i got these for Legion in addition to 2-p contents: Typhon, 2 Scytheans, Ravagore, Shepherd.
What else should i add? I really want to add Proteus because it both looks awesome and seem to be very much playable at the MK3 launch. However, i heard that our fury management and shepherds in particular are nerfed. Should i consider taking some Forsaken to manage fury and stuff?
Id like to make a list with Lylyth - ranged one, and
>>
File: 47M6or3gP-k.jpg (46 KB, 429x438) Image search: [Google]
47M6or3gP-k.jpg
46 KB, 429x438
Oh and 2 questions - how trolls will feel themselves about tough being 1-use-only and why Hordes are supposed to be worse than Warmachine in MK3?
>>
>>47622513
what is with this hordes victim complex
>>
>>47622521
I dont know mkay? Thats why i am asking. I do not understand why Hordes are worse and in which way? Mostly things are still the way they are.
>>
>>47622521
>faggots always gonna fag
>>
>>47622513
It seems like there is a lot more Steady effects so I think tough is going to be fine. (Also there is more shit that ignores tough too though) Either way if people try to bring a shit ton of heavy jacks Tough will bog that shit down quick.
>>
>>47622539
Erm yeah but anyway it is like a shield from certain death - one use only anyway, so not so tough anymore. Yes, there are lots of things which ignore Tough, but those are not such a common sight.
Oh and here's another one - can i marshall and overall take for example Nomads into my PoM lists freely or only under the command of Merc caster?
>>
No Mk3 related, sorry, but anyone have those two new IKRPG books? Did some looking but couldn't find them anywhere (including the sticky).

Names are:
Iron Kingdoms: Immortality
Iron Kingdoms Unleased: Wild Adventures
>>
Any speculation on what we're gonna see as the troops in the new 2 player boxes?
Im hoping for Cerati and Champions in the hordes. Maybe this edition they will stick with medium infantry and not step away from them and do single wound warriors.
Here's to hoping
>>
>>47622644
Could be one-wound infantry with Ua and a solo for each side.
>>
>>47622644
I read that it was Fennblades and Bane... Warriors?
>>
File: alfstewart2.jpg (45 KB, 622x350) Image search: [Google]
alfstewart2.jpg
45 KB, 622x350
Am I special education or reading things wrong, or can all mercs take all merc 'jacks (except Cephalyx) now? ie gunbunnies on Magnus, Mules for Durgen etc? My spoilers may be incomplete but I'm not seeing the old rules on the rhulic casters and 'jacks saying I can't.
>>
Just bought a unit of Skyhammer deliverers for 30 bucks. Well if you can shoot at one target the can pump out one huge RAT 10, POW 18/ Blast 14. At a thread range of 21".
Sounds pretty usefull to me, as i know they sucked dicks in MK2.
>>
>>47622660

That'll be in the core rulebook, PP has said.
>>
>>47622660
Apparently it's in the core rule book - says in the book that Gators gotta take Gators, Rhulic gotta take Rhulic, etc.

Source: Merc Insider FAQ thread thing on the PP forum. From Hungerford.
>>
>>47622674
>>47622671
Thanks guys. Nearly blew my load all over the place and bought models that wouldn't have worked.
>>
>>47622644
It's Fennblades, Swordsmen, Bane Warriors, and Stormguard.
>>
>>47622686
Woah there buddy
dont be a quick gun now
>>
>>47622655
>>47622712

Boo.
I already own fennblades and swordsmen.
I suppose that i could use the keltari arms i have lying around and maaaaybe 2 units of fennblades ar'nt so bad
>>
>>47622644
>>47622652
it would be awesome if they gave you champs+skadi and cerati+vorkesh for hordes.
>>
>>47622773
Yeah and everyone and their mom already own Bane Warriors... the choice is bland and not surprising
>>
>>47622607
For merc jacks you need either a merc caster or marshall
>>
>>47622899
cant be too hard since mercs got some of the best marshals
>>
I don't get why they are removing Tall in the saddle
or is there something I'm not getting
>>
>>47617451
Statistically you kill more with trick shots than you do with greivous, provided there are 20 infantry for you to deal with.

If it's only the unit of errants, just use greivous shots instead, pop half/three quarters of the unit away and fuck caine off somewhere else. Once errants lose 4-5 members they're a pretty weak unit.
>>
>>47617451
Trick Shots generate more kills on Tough errants, but it's like a 5% margin. Use Grievous if there is a specific guy you need dead, Trick Shot if you don't care who dies as long as someone does.
>>
>>47622797
That would be too much.
>>
>>47618188
who else would want to run 2 MOW units and 2 convex? would Irusk?
>>
>>47619771
>total lack of powerful casters outside of Lucant
kek
>>
>>47620237
please do, it'll at least be entertaining
>>
>>47621648
mk3 has clearly done this already
>>
>>47621873
Hellmouth (large base): SPD 0, MAT 6, DEF 10, ARM 18, CMD 8, POW 15 2" melee
-Buried: can never move, place, push, etc
-Circular Vision: can never get a back strike bonus vs this model
-Distant Deployment: can deploy up to 12" further than main deployment line
-Impervious Flesh: incoming damage rolls are at -1 dice
-Inscrutable: opponents can never take control of it
-Tendrils: if fewer than 3 Tentacles in the field, can place 1 within formation. If Maw dies/RFP, all Tentacles are RFP
-Consume
-Rear Attack: can attack models in back arc

Tentacle (medium base): SPD 5, MAT 6, DEF 10, ARM 15, POW 10 2" melee
-Pathfinder
-Distant Deployment, Impervios Flesh, Inscrutable
Grip: if Tentacle hits a large-based or smaller model, you can RFP the Tentacle and push the target directly toward the Hellmouth until it contacts a model, obstruction, or obstacle. After the model is moved, the Hellmouth can immediately make 1 basic melee attack against it

6 points, FA 2
>>
>>47623572
2 are a very worthwhile use of points imo. shit that turns them up includes incite, occultate, any normal damage buff (ignite, DB, etc), dash...

in fact the BB also would turn it up, since the Hellmouth is warriors and nothing in its rules would prevent it from getting the benefits of, say, Dragon's Breath. Cast Draconic Blessing on one, have the BB shoot it, then drag 3 jacks in. even if they're alive, they're all clumped up for easier reprisal.
>>
>>47623572

I feel that I will be using it often.
>>
anyone in legion planning on using the scather crews now? with lylyth2 and 2 ravagores you can have 4 4" scathers and 4 3" scathers on feat turn. none shall pass etc. sure it'd suck in jack spam lists but decent denial if you face infantry. then your archers just shoot them 3 times over the hazards.
>>
>>47623632
it also starts the game with 3 tentacles deployed in case that wasn't clear
>>
>>47622644
Judging by the box art, it'll be banes and storm nouns.
>>
So i currently own 2 hordes armies and i would rather own one more complete action than two half arsed ones.

So which force seems the more well rounded?

>Makeda2, pHexeris, Naaresh,Cyclops Brute, Cyclops Shaman, Razorworm, Archidon, Bronzeback Titan,Molik Karn, Titan Gladiator, Aptimus Marketh, Cataphract Incindiarii, Nihilators, Paingiver Beast Handlers, Praetorian Swordsmen, Agonizer, Extoler Soulward, Mortitheurge Willbreaker

>pGrim, pGrissel, pMadrak, Pyre Troll, Troll Axer, Troll Impaler, Dire Troll Mauler,Trollkin Runebearer, Krielstone Bearer, Stone Scribe Elder, Pyg Bushwackers, Trollkin Fennblades, Trollkin Fennblade + UA, Trollkin Long Riders, Fell Caller Hero, Horthol, Janissa Stonetide, Stone Scribe Chronicler

I'm gonna use the profits from the one i sell to up grade the other force, like buying a TyCom and Swordsmen UA or Champs and Warders plus some new casters and some necessary support pieces.

Thoughts
>>
what does the arrow icon ability on terminus' stat card mean?
>>
>>47623940
assault
>>
>>47623963
thanks,also does anyone know if these deathjack rules are up to date?

DEATHJACK 1
MAGIC ABILITY [7]
• NECROMANCY – While this model is in its controller’s control range,
it can spend focus points to cast its controller’s spells. This model
cannot cast upkeep spells or spells with a RNG of SELF or CTRL.
Use this model’s Magic Ability score when making magic attack rolls.
SKULLS OF HATE – This model can have up to 5 focus points at any
time instead of the normal limit of 3. During your Control Phase,
after focus allocation this model gains 1 focus point for each of its
non-crippled arm systems.
SNACKING – When this model boxes a living model with a melee
attack, it can choose to remove the boxed model from play. When it
does, this model can remove d3 damage points.
HORNS
HARD HEAD – This model can add this weapon’s POW to its head-butt
and slam power attack damage rolls.
>>
>>47624009
Yeah, that looks like the new rules.
>>
>>47624039
hmm,kinda dissappointed i guess,cull soul and necrovent wouldve been really fluffy,but then again he needed to be toned down
>>
>>47616741
Duplicolor master race.
About as cheap as krylon and primes much better.
>>
>>47624084
I get much better results with car primer than with anything else. The layer is very thin and doesn't flow into the recesses of cryx models.
>>
>>47624071
there was no way they'd bring necrovent back
>>
So, which of the new casters/locks are you most and least looking forward too?

Kozlov looks like he could be really fun with MoW and 'jacks plus some minor rupport. Something like one or two juggers, a decimator and grolar plus some MoW shocktroopers with UA and Kovnik.

Maddox has surprisingly little electro shenanigans, which is pretty boring for a Storm Knight. I expected more from her, I must admit.
>>
Wait, in MK2 Journeyman was not forced to have a jack right?
>>
>>47624196
correct. now it is.
>>
>>47624212
Shiieeet
So now he is no longer arcane shield on legs.
Well, since charger now got free second shot, 2 mana is exactly the what chargers now need.
>>
>>47624227
Just take the cheapest piece of shit with the junior and use it as a living shield and a potential slam. Problem solved.
>>
>>47624493
technically sentinel and firefly are 1 point cheaper than charger, but is it really worth being that stingy
>>
>>47616820
wizard_man ? Are you cereal?

http://confront2.cdl76.com/Meliador-le-Celeste.html
>>
>>47617457
>>47617713
I find it hard to believe that a unit with 3D6 will do consistently better than a unit that does 2D6+4.

The +4 is as if the 3rd dice always is a 4. So never worse.
Dice being dice, you can calculate the average on nD6, but in reality the dice will bend you over and fuck you in the ass like you was a my little pony.
>>
>>47624571
I don't know about math to things with multiple boxes, but you would think 3d6 is lot better for spiking just over ARM and getting a kill.
The flatter the curve is, more easily it is defeated by high ARM in general?
>>
File: 1187497877034.gif (639 KB, 495x426) Image search: [Google]
1187497877034.gif
639 KB, 495x426
New Big B model when
>>
>>47622485
Bump.
>>
>>47625148
>When

In 53 days, 7 hours, 12 minutes and 25 seconds from the moment I post this reply.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 800x800
>>47625148
53 days and 7 hours according to the internet.
No idea if true, though.
>>
>>47625300
>>47625315
oh baby
>>
>>47625148
Isn't it already out?
>>
>>47625332
Not according to Firestorm or Wayland games.
>>
>>47625148
July
>>
I'm about to start Khador and what units do you recommend as auto purchase? Behemoth is definitely on the list but besides him
>>
>>47625395
Butcher 1 is a solid caster to learn with. Do you have a preference for infantry, MoW, jackspam, a mix?
>>
>>47625554
Mostly MoW and jackspam. Planning on getting Irusk2 and Karchev after the battlebox
>>
>>47625346
Ah. They might have it at lock n load, if you know someone they could get it for you
>>
>>47625395
I'd recommend Kovnik Andrei Malakov. He combos well with a number of jacks, Redline is baller and the additional 4 focus are huge.
Assuming you're getting the starter for Kozlov?
>>
>>47625564
Kozlov does the combined-arms approach for MoW and 'jacks pretty well.
>>
>>47625747
Getting the starter both for Kozlov and the journeyman league. Do you think journeyman casters will still be used? Power up kinda encourages bigger battlegroups so they don't seem as efficient as before
>>
>>47625803
Sure they will. Not all casters have impressive battlegroup-wide spells and the additional focus you get can be crucial.
>>
>>47625803
Im not really sure what I would put on Aiakos now that the leviathan is pointless
>>
>>47625951
just slayer or the trample bonejack I'd guess, gotten a whole lot less useful
>>
Okay, lets try again.
Which units should i purchase to make my Circle army bigger points-wise? Got my hands on Two-Player box so far. Warpwolf, Druids, Skinwalkers UA?
>>
>>47625803
Malakov, Junior and Crosse will for sure. Durant I'm really not certain about, but I feel it's not looking too hot.
I don't know enough about Aiakos and Elara to comment on either.
>>
>>47625803
Journeymen casters have powerup too though.

I can see them used in a list that wants multiple jacks but you get no benefit in having them in the caster's BG.
>>
>>47617922
Made some adjustments to this list today.

Caine2 +27
Centurion 17
Centurion 17
Squire 5

Journeyman warcaster 4
Avenger 17

Jakes 4
Ol Rowdy 18

Trenchers 16

Ragman 4
>>
>>47625989
Skinwalker UA is practically mandatory. Get it NOW.
Pureblood and/or Stalker would both be neat additions and look bitchin', too.
>>
>>47626069
It really depends on their spells. Things like Redline or Arcane Shield can be huge and getting those on top of Power Up and the allocated spare focus can really pump up a 'jack for very few points.
>>
>>47626038
Did not mention Jakes
I have never gotten Jakes to work as well in practise as people think about it in theory
>>
>>47626114
Well i already ordered UA for them of course.
Multi-kit or Feral old kit? I just like the model, and primal on it is sorta cool. Oh and Ghetorix. Still sort of mandatory or 50/50?
Also any warrior models like Reevs/Tharn you would recommend? Death Wolves? Lord of the Feast maybe?
>>
>>47622937
It's literally because people forgot it all the time. The way hills interact with LOS rules confuse people fairly often.
>>
Got CoC battlebox, angels, optifexes and Modulator chassis jack. Should i get Assimilator aswell?
>>
Archdomina Makeda (*5pts)
* Cyclops Brute (5pts)
* Bronzeback Titan (10pts)
* Molik Karn (11pts)
* Aptimus Marketh (3pts)
Cataphract Cetrati (Leader and 5 Grunts) (11pts)
Nihilators (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Bloodrunner Master Tormentor (2pts)
Extoler Soulward (2pts)
Mortitheurge Willbreaker (2pts)
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor (2pts)

Just played this at a small single list Steamroller. It was just 3 rounds and was won by Trolls.

>Round 1 vs Menoth (Loss)
Managed to grind it out against Kreoss2, ended up having to bet it all on Molik Karn who had an assassination route my opponent had never imagined was even there, needed to roll an 8 on 3d6 to finish off Kreoss on Karn's last attack, rolled 5 and lost.

>Round 2 vs Khador (Win)
I was drowning in a sea of infantry the whole game. Dude had like 4 units on the table or some shit. My Cetrati quite literally held an entire flank against 2 charging weapon master units by themselves holy shit I'm so sold on these guys. At the end I managed to just about clear a path through his infantry with a Trainwrecking Bronzeback, then handed Trainwreck to Karn who bounced through his infantry and pulled off a bullshit assassination.

>Round 3 vs Legion (Win)
Felt like nothing happened the entire game, it was weird. I just strolled forward into the zone, my opponents units were either side and just clashed with my units, while my beasts out-powered his in the middle. I bounced Molik Karn in front of his warlock and just sat there for 2 turns wailing on her until she crumbled.

It was my first time using Mk2 Cetrati, who I'm so impressed with it's insane. It was also using Marketh for the first time too, and holy shit this guy is GOOD. Casting your warlock's spells out of sequence is dumb. Marketh puts Savagery on the Cetrati, they activate and Shield Wall up, walk 10", then I activate Makeda and put Defender's Ward up on them.
>>
>>47626741
LOS has been a head scratcher in warmachine since the beginning
>>
>>47626991

>My first time using Mk2 Cetrati

Someone shed a tear for this man.
>>
>>47624530
nah, may as well get some use out of it really.
>>
>>47626722
I'm not sure what to think about Ghetorix, if I'm honest. He's more of a sidegrade to the Feral than anything. If there's already a Feral, a Pureblood and a Stalker on the filed I can see him being nice for his animus, but he costs a lot.
I can't really comment on Tharn, since I don't like them, so I haven't really looked at them, but most Wolf Sworn (especially Death Wolves) seem pretty decent, at least as far as I can tell.
Then again, I've got a werewolf fetish, so I don't really plan on running anything sensible in the first place.
>>
>>47627208
Yeah shit sucks. Losing 1DEF and 3 boxes is pretty huge, even if they're cheaper and Shield Wall is better against continuous fire. I'm also annoyed at how radically changed pMakeda's spell list is. She's gone from a nice simple toolbox support caster to fucking trash for no reason. And Marketh not being able to cast upkeeps is an absolute joke.
>>
>>47626102
dynamo is better for jakes than rowdy is
>>
>>47627293
>You deleted your previous comment to tell us about your werewolf fetish
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.