[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone had any experience with this? Worth getting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: gt01_box.png (493 KB, 450x523) Image search: [Google]
gt01_box.png
493 KB, 450x523
Has anyone had any experience with this? Worth getting?
>>
>>47609636
Hi Cap
>>
>>47609636
Probably pretty bad.
>>
>>47609636

It's decent. Quite a lot better than MtG, and quite different from it. Not as unique as Netrunner.

>>47612393

Why would you make that assumption?
>>
>>47609636
It's a good clone of B5 CCG, which was a good clone of the Dune CCG, which was an adequate clone of the l5R CCG. All in all, of the options, it's the second best of the "Military, Intrigue, and Diplomacy, conflict" games, with my personal favorite being B5, but now that the gold standard of online play is OCTGN (which supports aGoT) and GattlingEngine (which supported B5) is dead, aGoT is your best chance for actually finding a game in that school of games.

Even though dune is agruably the worst of the "Military, Intrigue, and Diplomacy Conflict" games, it still holds a fond place in my heart, and every online engine has supported it.... but nobody ever plays it :(
>>
>>47613462

Completely unrelated to OP or his thread, but you seem a knowledgeable sort about playing CCG's online, do you know of any online engines that support METW? I used to play along one, (blanking on the name) but it doesn't seem to connect to anything anymore.
>>
>>47613514
The only two I know of are OCTGN and Lackey, and between the two, you'd be more likely to find an OCTGN plugin.
>>
>>47609636
The bad handling of the switch and the horrible launch pretty much killed this on arrival.
>>
>>47613556

Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>47613609

I mean, no... not at all.

They sold out every single copy of the core box in a matter of weeks. 2E is doing REALLY well.
>>
I was told that this game is a little bit slow (in comparison to other card games) someone can confirm this?
>>
I always wonder about these weird little CCGs. There are so many, but how many of them develop a strong player base? How much do they sell? How much time and effort and thought goes into making the wrestlemania card game or something? Do they expect them to be hits?
curious...
>>
>>47609636
It's actually excellent. I suggest it highly.
>>
>>47618388

>weird
>little
>ccg

Thrones has been around for almost a decade in LCG format, and I believe it was around well before that in CCG format.

The card pool got so big that they decided that the best thing for the game would be a reboot - nobody could keep track of the banned/restricted list anymore.

Once you outgrow MtG you'll find that there are a lot of much, much better games out there. Player bases tend to be kinda localized and on a store-by-store basis.
>>
i think its the best LCG on the market. i play it a lot with my GF. its smart and its very tensed. Love it to pieces and i can highly recomand it.
>>
My friends have it and some of the expansions and are super into it, but for some reason I enjoy it less than M:tg and dominion. Just wasn't that fun the few times I played, maybe because they are so into it and already on higher skill level.
>>
>>47613745
>They sold out every single copy of the core box in a matter of weeks
And then failed to resupply for months. Only a single LGS even got copies, and then they only got 25. Most people that preordered didn't even get one and couldn't get any in the following months, completely strangling interest.
The clubs switched to other games and by now, no LGS is carrying it anymore.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.