[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OC Thread #10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: 1464998523444.png (172 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1464998523444.png
172 KB, 600x600
Welcome to the /tg/ OC thread.

Tell us about your original characters, new and old. Let's hear some stories of valor and glory and build some legends in here.

>THIS THREAD IS PRIMARILY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITES FROM YOUR GAMES
It's like the Storythread, but centered on characters that we all know and help make. Your Original Character can be any character you've played, are playing, or want to play!

>WHEN POSTING YOUR OC
Give us a little blurb about your character, this is a brag thread after all. Some basic questions to get you started:
• Name:
• Role(s):
• Goals:
• Traits:
• Flaws:
• Allies:
• Enemies:
• Other Relations:
• Physical Description:

Write and share stories about each others' characters (use a pastebin for works that would take up multiple posts). Draw and share pictures of each others' characters (please link offsite in the event of NSFW work).

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own.

Need help developing a new character concept? Ask away!

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way. If you can't draw, write something for someone and vice/versa.

>CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
How does your character celebrate their birthday?

>IF YOU JUST NEED CHARACTER ART, GO TO THE DRAW THREAD
There are more artists consistently there that are actively looking for requests to fill, that's not the case here.

>DON'T MAKE A NEW THREAD UNTIL PAGE 10
Use art from these threads as OP image when possible.
>>
i got #1 on thread one, so it looks like i should be #1 on thread 10 too...
>>
https://discord.gg/012k5RcKoOfFRRidC

>>47599794
Thug doesn't really know what day he was born on. Gourmand would likely craft an exquisite feast for the occasion.
>>
File: Arallios torso-shot.png (57 KB, 132x320) Image search: [Google]
Arallios torso-shot.png
57 KB, 132x320
>>47599794
>Arallios
>Ranged combatant/negotiator
>To prove he can handle himself
>Naive goofball that has enough moments of lucidity to make people wonder if he's faking it
>Extremely trusting, stuck in their own line of thinking, self-defeating
>Party, a spectrum of NPCs, and a dragon
>Not many enemies, closest he's got are a necromancer and a vampire that both don't like him but can't be bothered to kill him
>Parents and grandfather adventure together, has a diplomat-for-hire uncle SOMEWHERE in the world
>Light skinned elf with long, straight brown hair, forest green eyes, and an androgynous build. Worn equipment includes long shirt, a sword, a bow, a bag, tough pants, and simple boots

>How does your character celebrate their birthday?
Being a long-lived elf, he doesn't celebrate birthdays so much as decaversaries, where he either hunts a bit extra to be a bit of a glutton, or stays in a town so he doesn't get too out of touch with how the civil people work.
However, he stakes some pride on usually being the oldest in the room, and he so tracks the days he's been alive to a week-deviation in case he needs to play the seniority card. 140 coming up in five in-game months, got GM in on a gag we can pull if we ever reach that far.
>>47599926
Shut up fuck face, at least post a damn character instead of shitting up the thread with your bullshit anime faces. Christ, you piece of shit.
>>
>>47598092

Reposting for Bog Roll.
>>
>>47600189
>>47600212
Silly goose.
>>
>>47600172
shit man, i thought it was funny, no need to be so hostile.

do you like...want to hear more about Azura Grim, ( i will leave out the grosser/edgier elements, it was not too well received last time) or do you want to heat about someone new?
>>
>>47600246
I was just joshin' man, gotta keep the bully meme alive somehow.
But sure, content is content. Pick whoever you want, we'll see where it goes.
>>
File: lkFO6o-F.jpg (39 KB, 521x551) Image search: [Google]
lkFO6o-F.jpg
39 KB, 521x551
Alrighty, new thread then!~

• Picture gallery: http://imgur.com/a/yV3Of

• Long and more detailed pastebin: http://pastebin.com/a8GNXxQD

• Setting: Forgotten Realms D&D 3.5 with some Pathfinder rules and some house rules with D&D 4.0/5 lore mixed with Planescape cosmology and maybe in the future some Spelljämmer.

• Name: Keltar Devir

• Race + Gender: Drow, male

• Aligment + Myers Briggs: CG & ENFP

• Role(s): High dex dual wield warrior/ranger/psychic warrior (It's a high leveled campaign without multiclass penalty)

• Goals: Travel to the eastern lands where his master grown, Realmspace travelling, more detailed at pastebin

• Traits: Confident, extrovert, funny, has a twisted misconception of honor, values freedom and free of will over anything, very open-minded with every race, very flirty with attractive females.

• Flaws: Bad puns, very short attention span, very forgetful, can be too over-confident making him underestimate his opponents, heavily disgusted by some sea creatures like cephalopods and molluscs even feeling nausea for just smelling or looking at them (Also applies to Illithids), he’s also prone to suffer several fevers for his psyonics.

• Allies: His best friend the half-elf cleric of the party, his blink dog animal companion, and other members of the party: werecat avariel ranger/sorcerer multiclass, moon elf vampire prince psychic warrior, High elf wizard, and the tiefling druid goat wannabe.

• Enemies: Xezbeth, Devil Prince of Lies, Horgar Hammerhead the duergar mercenary, Slaads from The Supreme Throne, Order of the Blue Flame, again more detailed at pastebin.

• Other relations: Members of the cult of Eilistraee, his deceased rônin mentor.

• Physical Description: Slender and graceful, lime eyes that change with the source of light, white short hair (compared to drow standards), always wearing a red stripped scarf, memento from his mentor.
>>
>>47599794
• Name: Charlotte du Beauchamp

• Role(s): Enemy disorientation, she moves quickly and smoothly, using her toolbelt full of smoke bombs and flashfire to effect, with some fancy swordplay.

• Goals: Reunite with her distanced lover, Julia Vaughn, who has been deployed with her unit to calm a rising border dispute.

• Traits: Bubbly, adventurous, and rebellious. She is the daughter of the Baron du Beauchamp, a kindly and beloved ruler. He placed her in a paladinship at a young age, to teach her important values of the Archpaladin Heironeus.

• Flaws: Hasty and emotional, doesn't always plan ahead.

• Allies: Frankie, one of the chefs from her father's kitchen, who was a childhood friend of hers. Frankie worries about Charlotte's ability to survive on (let's be real here) NO food so she packed her bags and grabbed her writing utensils to finally finish her masterpiece cookbook.

• Physical Description: Athletic from training with the Order, with short trimmed jet black hair, and blue eyes. Shapely figure and she knows it.

>Birrhday celebrations
Normally a big event, with townsfolk in attendance to bring gifts and enjoy a night out. There are often fireworks, bardic performances, and a show by the local acting troupe.

Much thanks to Bog Roll for the image >>47599794 !
>>
File: 1464990743868.png (541 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1464990743868.png
541 KB, 600x800
Reposting from last thread.

>Name
Luvos Nichto
>Role
Planar Diplomat, Demon Enthusiast
>Goals
To remain on the forefront of knowledge, exploration, and change. Luvos is in the process of writing a series of encyclopedias of planar knowledge. To inspire awe and terror in his wizarding peers.
>Traits
Luvos has little respect for conventions. He enjoys the fleeting nature of comprehension and knowledge and more enjoys the hunt for knowledge itself.
>Flaws
In addition to having little respect for tradition, Luvos is known to overlook most moral stipulations of his comrades. He is prone to doubting the intelligence of others and to put the pursuit of knowledge above all else. He has picked up the habit of introducing himself in fancier and fancier nonsensical titles.

Luvos celebrates his birthday by trying to perfect his fireworks spell and practicing his magic tricks for the cool surprise party he hopes will happen.
>>
>>47600438
>for the cool surprise party he hopes will happen.

Has it ever?
>>
>>47600471
Not once.
>>
File: Hardir Color.jpg (392 KB, 1663x1092) Image search: [Google]
Hardir Color.jpg
392 KB, 1663x1092
• Name: Hardir
• Role(s): Druid (Tiefling), helps the cleric of the party with heals and summon things
• Goals: Nothing in particular, he just wanna make friends and learn about the world
• Traits: Very innocent, acts totally like a child, kind and good person, very energetic, sociable, hyperactive
• Flaws: Gullible, lacks of empathy sometimes, doesn't know anything about the world, uneducated, vulgar
• Allies: His companion, friend, and sister "Manolita" the mountain goat, his other animal companion Griffin the griphon, and Keltar Devir >>47600292
• Enemies: Doesn't hold any grudge with anyone, he just fight along with his friends, will attack anyone who disrespects nature
• Other Relations: Hardir was left to die as a baby on the mountains, he was found and raised by mountain goats, given his abyssal lineage he shares the same goat horns, so that's probably the main reason for that, he was latter found by a halfling druid who took him under his wing
• Physical Description: Slightly muscular, only wears some pants that often fall off because he hid a giant emerald he found there
>>
>>47600274
i didn't know, i made a few people angry in the discord chat so its hard to distinguish joke from legit anger.
>>
>>47600542
;_;
>>
>>47600587
You didn't make anybody angry, you were just being a total creep until someone asked you to cool it.
>>
File: 1458258304145.jpg (20 KB, 264x258) Image search: [Google]
1458258304145.jpg
20 KB, 264x258
>>47600597
I know right?
>>
>>47597685
Looking forward to it!

Even if Ainsley Harriott is in frame.
>>
>>47599794
Valar likes to mark some sort of permanent, cryptic depiction of himself in various places - the end of a dungeon or tomb, a rock face, an ancient standing structure. They add up quick and he finds it as a good way to leave his insignia, as a dominant animal would in it's neck of the forest.

He often also will leave treasures in particularly hazardly placed markings, as he feels those worthy enough to survive the trek to discover it deserve a reward.
>>
(Part 1)
Martin was raised by his biological mother and her husband, his true father was an elf he never knew. His parents were traveling merchants and his stepfather was notoriously superstitious. His stepfather tried for many years though to set the boy straight, confident in the integrity of the mundane life of a trader but Martin spent any money he made working for his family on scrolls, wands, and old tomes which his stepfather resented. The rift between him and his stepfather grew until Martin finally packed his things and used a tattered scroll of teleport to run away. The scroll tore and its magic fractured ripping Martin from his family and dropping him in a far corner of the world.

Martin awoke with a headache in an abandoned arcane study. He discovered the remains of an ancient wizard long dead, he took the wizard's name, Luvos Nichto, and spent the next decade alone, living off conjured food, and diving into previous owners near endless library. Over time regular arcane knowledge seemed almost commonplace, before his father had disapproved of all magic study but now the novelty had worn off and he craved for more forbidden knowledge. By the time he was thirty Luvos had made a spectacular comeback into the field of arcane study. Many of his peers lauded his new and younger necromantic clone. He taught at a mage college for several years until finally his curiosity for the taboo grew too great and he began to spend less of his time in a classroom and more of it consorting and bargaining with demon's for their knowledge.
>>
>>47600768
(Part 2)

In the end he was asked to leave the college and take up his increasingly hazardous pursuits elsewhere. From then on he resented his peers, who were they to decide what should and shouldn't be known, they just wanted to sit on safe conclusions and dispense those answers out to everyone, how could they be so blind to not see the endless number of discoveries that needed to be made, how their textbooks were rewritten every year without fail, new spells, new ideas constantly pouring into the world at a ceaseless rate. The demons never questioned his desire to learn.

He returned to his study to find it ransacked by adventurer's, he decided then that he would accomplish three things, he would finish his encyclopedia of forbidden worlds a series of tomes devoted to extraplanar travel and cultures, he would build an even greater study that no gold hungry warrior would ever be able to plunder, and he would live for a very very long time. He gathered what belongings he still had and teleported across the world one more time. It had been a curiosity at first, a group of pirates tainted with some immortal sea bound curse, one of their crew members was an impressionable young witch, they would make a poor apprentice but a decent enough errand boy. With a fizzle of static electricity and puff of brimstone he appeared in their midst, he coughed into his hand as the smoke cleared, smoothing out his robes and affixing a sycophantic smile to his face.

Martin decreed, "I am Luvos Nichto, diabolic sorcerer and binder of devils, I promised your mother to teach you if you embraced the ways of magic, shall we begin?"
>>
>>47600626
is there much of a difference though?
i sense alot of disdain when people talk to me while i use this name
>>
>>47600901
I can't imagine why.
>>
>>47600901
Possibly because you think acting like a spastic and spewing retardation everywhere is somehow the appropriate way to function.
>>
File: bambilookbook1-600x900.jpg (81 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
bambilookbook1-600x900.jpg
81 KB, 600x900
>>47599794
Alright, I'll give this a try:
• Name: Alexis Rivera
• Role(s): Witch in training
• Goals: Beating back the things that go bump in the night
• Traits: Optimistic, determined, stealthy
• Flaws: Naive, gullible, coward, socially awkward
• Allies: The Valkyrie, the Horror Buff, the Priest, the Buzz, the Knight
• Enemies: Werewolves in the forest, a tiefling rival, Jack of the Lantern, shark demigod betrothed to her, and all manner of Eldritch horrors in the ocean
• Other Relations: Her familiar salamander Salamandrous-Rex
• Physical Description: A half-Mexican, half-white woman; mid-20s; naturally curvaceous but fit ("strongfat," I think the word might be); long, thick black hair; wields a simple wooden wand made out of a family heirloom; single braid down right temple that's adorned with colorful baubles; currently experimenting with bohemian style with combat boots and a wide, flappy sun hat

Alexis is the Buffy to her team of do-gooders, the first mage to be born in her coastal town in Virginia and thusly a natural magnet to all the evil magical things that hunt humans. She's not inherently gifted beyond being a witch, but she's forced to constantly fight beings far above her weight class lest the unaware masses suffer. There's a number of enhancements she has, most unaware, the biggest of which is a jade fishhook pendant that constantly casts a weak stealth field on her.

I... have way too much written up on her backstory, and the stories of her teammates, but I probably shouldn't waste posts on the thread. Suffice to say the team is a weird combination of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dresden Files, and Ghostbusters, but the magical community at large is more like World of Darkness.

I love 'em.
>>
>>47600901
then take it off and act respectable you retard, this isn't GAMEFAQS, you don't need to have a name at all unless you're somebody who actually contributes like the guy who drew this >>47600438 or >>47599794 this
>>
File: 1464242051689.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464242051689.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1080
>>47599794
>• Name: Rashad Shi' Thead (Real name: Tomas Morristan)
>• Role(s): Front line Fighter, Harasser, Self proclaimed lady's man.
>• Goals: To build himself into a legend, live out his fantasies, topple the mightiest of foes, meet the perfect girl (s) and have a wonderful life with her(them).
>• Traits: Born in the Wrong Century/Country, Imaginative, Boisterous, Fantastic swordsman, fantastic lexicon of taunts.
>• Flaws: A little bit of Don Quixote and has issues separating reality and imagination, Thinks there are "rules" on how things are done "The villan must monolouge" or "The hero must save the damsel" and so on.
>• Allies: Currently Holding Auditions
>• Enemies: Currently Holding Auditions
>• Other Relations: His poor beleaguered mother who is glad that he's out of the house but worries for hims constantly.
>• Physical Description: A very fit "Twenty Something" Adorned in the garb of a desert raider, modified to look heroic/cool. he has short brown hair, with green eyes and a neatly trimmed goatee, his face is strong but boyish, and he often covers it up with his headdress to look more menacing.

this generally involves a "night on the town." The events
>>
>>47600966
>>47600969
>>47601013

as you can clearly tell, social ques is not my strongest trait. i mostly use the name because the story behind it was quite cringy and very embarrassing so i deiced to say fuck it and roll with it.

aside from my standard fuck tardery its mostly done for attention, i will admit that, though it was neutral at first, my antics have absolutely created a more negative reaction now that i crossed the line more than a few times.

it was never my goal to make people angry, though despite this i seemed to have done quite a good job at doing exactly that. so i apologize, though it might not mean much to you guys, i am quite sorry about my actions up to this point.
>>
>>47601148
Damn you hands!

The events usually involve roughing up toughs in the shady parts of town and declaring his undying love to pretty maidens, only to be knocked senseless by their paramours, or politely refused.
>>
File: 1464387669542.jpg (234 KB, 927x1400) Image search: [Google]
1464387669542.jpg
234 KB, 927x1400
>>47600768
>>47600788
This story goes with this >>47600438 character by the way.
>>
>>47601199
dude holy shit, we don't need a speech or a backstory, nobody cares, just take the name off and drop it
>>
>>47600788

I like that; he doesn't actually know the witch, right? He's just using him as a means to an end, or trying to mold him into a successor, or a future vessel for his own sustained life?
>>
>>47600768
>>47600788
Gotta say I love the last line! It has the feeling of a cold open for a movie.

The story is interesting but a part of me feels like it actually sets the child up to be an even more interesting character. Not sure why but it has that sort of wonder attached to it where it I can imagine the story through the eyes of the child.
>>
>>47601263
i felt the lest i could do was explain myself a little before hand.
>>
>>47600768
Tell me about Luvos! Why does he wear the name? Really though, where'd he even learn this guy's name, and why'd he take it? It seems like you've just put that in there to make him seem a bit 'cooler' without actually doing anything.
In the second paragraph, he just magically ayy becomes a professor after spending apparently a decade isolated in some dead guy's study? When did he get peers? How did any of this happen?

>>47600788
His goals just seem utterly arbitrary. Why are these Goals, with a capital G?

Everything just seems to be a sequence of events that you think are interesting with no actual in-between or reason to them, it's just like this person has been dragged along a plotline from his birth with no motivation to do anything other than because he's literally fixed to rails.
The writing itself is fairly clumsy and riddled with errors, but not everyone is a master linguist so I can somewhat look that over.
Overall, it's fairly meh; I feel like it's trying to hard to be cool or interesting, without actually having anything going on.

>>47601412
Literally no one wants to hear it, just stop being a drongo and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>47600304

Why is she crying in the pic?
>>
>>47601523

Thingken of life.
>>
>>47601462
Thanks for the feedback man lemme try and answer all this.

I actually tried to put a lot of thought into why he took the name, in the original version of that backstory, posted last thread, I mentioned the detail that he was named after his surrogate father, probably in an effort to appease the man. I think him taking this guys name was sort of him finally rejecting that identity and embracing a new one. I guess I tried to gloss over a lot but didn't do very well at it. He's basically pretending to be the original Luvos who although a hermit was in his prime a teacher at the mage college and wizard respected by many of his peers. Martin finds like ye old address book or some shit and starts networking with these people again by the time he's actually a professor he's been working at that for a while I guess.

I think the goals came across kind of bad because I literally just ported his goals the original post. I think he wants to prove his peers wrong in a lot of respect, he wants to show them how big the world really is and how outlandish it is to believe you can know everything about it by writing what he does now and then repeatedly pointing out how it's like a drop in the ocean. Building a more powerful study that no one could break into was kind of a joke I guess about how like a Lich or ancient evil wizard will live in like a library at the bottom of some dark temple filled with traps and monsters. Thank you for overlooking the poor pensmanship.
>>
Ketharuil, goes by Keth.
His goals are in flux, since he and his party have stopped two elder evils already. Currently, he mainly wants to right wrongs, and spread freedom wherever he can. He's considering taking a temporary retirement to raise his daughter.

At the point we are in his campaign, he's already a very accomplished cleric, and was made a saint by his goddess. He is virtuous and kind, and has used all his money made adventuring to help the weak and needy, having taken a vow of poverty early on in his life.

He's not perfect, however. He often times will put his beliefs before others, and is quick to argue with those who don't share his beliefs. He also, forgive the pun, acts holier than thou at times.

His family is almost exclusively his parents, as they moved from his racial homeland long ago, but his grandmother would occasionally visit, and tell him stories of his culture. His wife one of his many adventuring companions.

While he has few enemies beyond the greater scope of evil, he has a large number of allies, first and foremost his party. While he has argued with them on the topics of morality on many occasions, predominantly the LN wizard; since they started their journey, most if not all have turned good. His closest companion besides his wife would be the neutral good former Illithid psion, who has recently mind swapped with a half celestial dire polar bear, whom has a hero complex.

While physically hardy, Keth could be pushed around by a light breeze, physical strength not being his strong suit. His feathers are white, and he has a radiant glow about him.
>How does your character celebrate his birthday?
This has actually happened. He didn't want to do much, but his friends basically kidnapped him and took him to a strip club. Which then got robbed.
>>
>>47601462
Oh and I think for like general motivation he kind of craves secrets, his actual father being probably the biggest one he grew up with not to mention how his surrogate dad disapproves and considers just regular magic almost forbidden knowledge. He's spent his whole life trying to learn things he shouldn't and eventually it's all he really wants to do is learn about things people tell him are dangerous or that he shouldn't learn about. I think a lot of it starts to be about compensation for him because he's paranoid that everyone knows he's a fraud, but because of his like chase for knowledge he also thinks he probably smarter than all the genuine scholars. I hope that helped shed some light.
>>
>>47601523
>>47601720
Not quite, she was sort of stood up by someone very important to her during her graduation into the Paladin Order.
>>
>>47601012
Although I guess it would be polite to ask, would anyone want to hear more about Alexis' backstory and party?
>>
http://www.springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm

put your character's skin on, take it, post score
>>
>>47602144
Totally, dude, lay it on us.
>>
>>47602144
literally nobody in this thread has the authority to tell you not to, post it cause i wanna read it
>>
>>47602151
>>47601148

Put Rashad in there, got a 12. So there's that.

Got a new reference sheet commissioned. so maybe he can actually get in on some of the shenanigans the popular kids get involved in.

Though he has the crippling disadvantage of being male.
>>
File: Valar.png (635 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Valar.png
635 KB, 600x800
>>47602151
-3 with de-suifiers.
>>
File: 1454557552524.gif (728 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1454557552524.gif
728 KB, 250x141
Describe your character with a single adjective.

I would pick faustian for this asshole >>47600438
>>
>>47602749
>will arnett in that gif

The irony
>>
>>47602769
Arnett will always crack me up.
>>
>>47602151
>Arallios
9, and a 13 on the playability test, feels good.
>>47602749
Paradoxical
>>
>>47603128
Because of the like naive but with lucid moments thing or what?
>>
>>47602749

>>47601148

Quixotic...

yes it actually is a word
>>
>>47603245
It totally is, you and me both used words derived from literary figures too.
>>
>>47603179
That, along with being able to talk someone's ear off while on a flip side being someone that'll shut up and let you vent at them, and putting his foot down on plenty of issues even though he's easily the most chill party member. Not to mention being the best archer and all-round melee-er in the group but hands down having the most crit fails.
>>47603245
From the root of Don Quixote's story yes? I think that was on some vocabulary test I had a while back, funny how the spelling makes you think it rhymes with "exotic".
>>
>>47603299
Ah I see, that's cool. I like when characters have like contradicting desires or feelings that they have to learn to balance.
>>
Ah sweet a new thread, maybe I'll finally post my characters tomorrow instead of just constantly lurking.
>>
>>47603654
Please do! Gotta celebrate us making 10 threads somehow haha, what better way than an all new cast?
>>
File: luvos.png (29 KB, 338x213) Image search: [Google]
luvos.png
29 KB, 338x213
I made this after the thread asking about actors you would cast as your character. I hope you guys derive as much joy from it as I did.
>>
>>47603907
Holy shit lol
>>
>>47603923
It's all I can see him as in my head now.
>>
File: Barbarian.jpg (323 KB, 1696x1258) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian.jpg
323 KB, 1696x1258
>>47599794
>Name:
Kaiger Stancaster
>• Role(s):
Barbarian, keeps the party in line and hits things really hard
>• Goals:
Prove to his clan and human family he isn't worthless, find something that he can beat his sister in and become a hero in a bard story
>• Traits:
He's short tempered,gung-ho and egotistical but he tries to maintain some sense of honor. Also major mama's boy
>• Flaws:
He's gullible if there's a chance of battle/murder he's usually all for it. His short temper has lead to him brutalizing party members.
>• Allies:
the Dragon Bard. the half-elf bard of the party who's probably his closest friend despite the fact they both manipulate each other to get the other to do what they want; Marijuano Blaze, the Dank Elf of Prophecy; the Bonecrusher Clan; and a dwarven city state
>• Enemies:
Cult of Talona, Demorgorgon,Pelor,Pelor's angels and a handful of a human nobles
>• Other Relations:
Agatha,his twin sister who succeeds at everything she tries and Ganar his older flamboyant brother
>• Physical Description:
Kaiger stands at 5'11 with an athletic build. He has short black hair and green eyes with a manly stubble. He wears red dragon scale armor,dragon horn bracers and a black wolf pelt(all of these things he's killed or had a hand in killing). The wolf pelt looks worn and torn. His weapon of choice is a bastard sword of his own creation Moon's Terror, he smelted down a Death Knight's long sword and a deceased party member's bastard sword El Chakal. The blade's hilt is black with the pommel of a crescent moon and the in the center of the cross guard a side profile of a wolf howling with a red gem for an eye

As child it mostly consisted of his twin sister taking his stuff for the hell of it and listening to his mom's stories about adventurers.As an adult he doesn't do much. He probably takes a stroll in the forest and enjoy the beauty of nature before trying to find something to kill.
>>
>>47603994
I have to work right now, but when I leave I want to get more info from you on him.
>>
>>47604006
I'm flattered anon. What do you want to know about him?
>>
File: eat me.png (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
eat me.png
10 KB, 300x300
>>47599794
A day of just pure travel and tourism, non-stop. Considering his life span is short compared to Humans, he would try to make the most of it.
>>47602151
>Bruni
>10
I expected a lot more.
>>47602749
I'm bad with words so I don't really know.
Milquetoast I guess?
I cringe at myself for having to look up words, jesus.
>>
>>47604131
That's an SAT word right there, what made you decide on it?
>>
>>47604159
Bruni in general is rather weak, both physically and mentally. He's afraid to speak up, cowers in the face of danger and scares easily.
I was looking for appropriate words, and I thought it fit pretty well.
I mean I could've just settled for something like shy or timid but I love saying Milquetoast.
>>
Character question;
If your OC had an entire day off just for themselves, a day where they could do anything and had no responsibilities, how would they spend it?
>>
>>47602749
Determined >>47600304

>>47604079
I wanted to know what are some specific instances that his sister has bested him? If he could be better than her in only one thing, what would it be?
>>
File: Charlotte du Beauchamp.png (226 KB, 768x640) Image search: [Google]
Charlotte du Beauchamp.png
226 KB, 768x640
>>47604341
Again >>47600304

First off, really good question! A day spent in the court garden just lounging in the sun and then a walk through town square to become better acquainted with her future subjects, as she will inherit her father's position when he retires in old age.

Sorry to keep using the same picture over and over, but the other two options are either incomplete or NSFW.
>>
File: outfit2.jpg (368 KB, 754x1406) Image search: [Google]
outfit2.jpg
368 KB, 754x1406
>>47599794
Naeva's birthday is Neth 3rd by the Golarion calendar. As Attendant and daughter of the Magister she actually gets really lovely gifts and parties every year! The Magister makes a point of making her feel very appreciated for her work. Last year he held a little gala in her honor.
>>
File: Wellyn Ashlt.jpg (40 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Wellyn Ashlt.jpg
40 KB, 400x600
• Name: Wellyn Elias Ashlt
• Role(s): Caster, Support, Investigator, Alchemist
• Goals: Currently attempting to gain knowledge and understanding of the magical forces at work around the world he resides in.
• Traits: The world is too much with him, he thinks he is a little smarter than everyone else, he is deeply suspicious of joy, he sees sincerity as a weapon that can be used against him, and he conceals his emotional needs.
• Flaws: Poor attitude, a lack of formal training in magic, and a deep mistrust of others are the main plauges of Wellyn's life.
• Allies: His familiar Bough, a Crocguana.
• Enemies: N/A
• Other Relations: None thus far.
• Physical Description: Short, unruly rusty brown hair, atop a head that fits a narrow often frowning face and grey eyes that dart around like flies. His body is neither muscular nor, weak and carries with it the frame of a swimmer. His face contains several deep scars of past troubles, and his guant fingers are attached to callused burned hands.

>Describe your character with a single adjective.

Learning.

Definitely a tavern crawl with any friends or allies he can scoop up. He wouldn't however mention it's his birthday, as he would shy away from any attention it would bring.
>>
>>47604398
Also posting his backstory.

Wellyn was born of a poor commoner family in a village of the cold north. When he was young his older brother grew sick, and was not expected to survive the winter. The family knew of an old woman who lived secluded in a frosty glen nearby, and rumor had told that she could cure any illness for a price.
The family brought the two children to the woman, as they knew the trade was even, one life for another. The old woman felt pity on the younger sibling whose parents had so ruthlessly chosen one child's life over the other.
They were instructed to take the the younger sibling to a nearby frosted river, and cast him in. They were never to return to the woman, or lay eyes on the glen again, and with that deal, the transaction was complete.
The old woman waited nearby, and retrieved the child from the river, near death and cold of heart. She brought him into her home, warmed him by the fire, taught him of the land and the magics that surrounded it. Each day he grew stronger and stronger until he was a healthy and happy young man.
As for his family, the brother continued to wither, until the last vestiges of life left him. He passed from this world to the next after a mere few months. The parents stricken with grief left the village and were never heard from again.
>>
File: Stancaster Orcs.jpg (90 KB, 1088x896) Image search: [Google]
Stancaster Orcs.jpg
90 KB, 1088x896
>>47604352
His sister is a better fighter,hunter and tracker than him. She learned how to read faster than him(Kaiger only managed to learn how to read common recently). She's beaten him to a bloody pulp more times than he can count.When they were kids she manipulated him to prank a clan shaman and said shaman cursed Kaider.

If he could choose something he could beat her at it would be in combat but the way the campaign has been going, he's come to terms that he's not capable of handling his sister one on one. So his current goal is to be a better leader than his sister and be able to inspire people.

Despite his sister's kinda bitchy attitude, he cares about her and hopes that they can find some form of common ground.
>>
>>47599794
>Name:
Aeric Mason
>Roles:
Face, bank, caster, reluctant melee
>Goals:
Get enough money to begin a new trade empire, aquire knowledge
>traits:
Generally good, too merciful, miser
>Flaws:
wants to be the very best, like no one ever was. Obsessed with money and knowledge
>Allies:
the party
>Enemies:
The Inquisition, whoever the current BBEG is
>Other relations:
None that he has maintained
>Physical description:
6'
Fairly muscled, lightly tanned skin, brown hair and eyes
>>
>>47604341
Luvos spends the day rereading his favorite books in his underwear.
>>
>>47603994
>>47604421
>>47602749
Effusive
>>
>>47604546
That's a good word, the character is a very genuine person I'd guess?
>>
>>47604365
>>47604390

Comfy
>>
File: luvos2.png (71 KB, 411x459) Image search: [Google]
luvos2.png
71 KB, 411x459
I can do this all day.
>>
What does your character look for in a relationship?
>>
>>47605427
Someone who is undeniably sweeter and kinder than he is.
>>
>>47605427
A strong willed person, who isn't afraid to tell her no or point out when she is being unreasonable or foolish. Someone to balance her out and be the anchor counterpart to her free-spirited nature.
>>
>>47605427
Someone who tolerates his love for battle and accept him for who he is.
>>
>>47605427
Someone understanding and accepting of different kinds of people, especially those who others might dismiss outright like slaves or those of "tainted" blood. Romantically desires someone just as intelligent, inquisitive, and socially graceful as she is.
>>
>>47605427
Someone who can redeem him and make him see life is worth living
>>
>>47605427
Someone to protect him from the stronk baddies he can't magic missile away
>>
>>47605427
Someone who is rough around the edges, but would be willing to fight alongside him no matter what.
>>
>>47605427
Nothing. He is perfectly satisfied by the current arrangements and very happy in his marriage. Yes. No doubt about that. Put that sword away, light of my life. And the wand. And the dagger. Thank you.
>>
>>47605670
Tell us about his marriage. What makes him satisfied?
>>
>>47604481
Damn. Keep forgetting his owl familiar
>>
File: AslaugRomund.jpg (399 KB, 800x1327) Image search: [Google]
AslaugRomund.jpg
399 KB, 800x1327
>>47602151
>Romund the Plunderer
>-6 with de-suifiers

i find myself passively horrified by some of those questions, if only because someone in the world does that to their characters
>>
>>47605427
Someone who can comfort and tolerate his emotional outbursts over inconsequential matters. If not that, then someone who will at least understand why small things upset him.
>>
File: ANGRY.png (64 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
ANGRY.png
64 KB, 251x251
What's the worst thing your character ever did to someone or something else?
>>
>>47605838
Stole a classmate's books who had been bullying her for a few weeks and hid them. Their notes were in the books, and they failed the exam on the following day causing them to be required to take remediary courses.
>>
>>47605838
Murdered it.

But does it really count as murder if they're trying to kill you?

If it doesn't than losing a significant amount of his family's wealth
>>
>>47605901
Actually, no, it was a kidnapping/execution he helped in
>>
>>47605838
He severed a man's leg at the hip in single combat. He needed information from him but lacked medical knowledge, so he used what little nature magic he knew to painfully prolong the man's life until he learned what he needed to know.

It bothered him very deeply, because he is used to treating enemies honorably and respectfully - a swift/painless/dignified death or immediate aid is his way of handling his foes.
>>
File: oil.jpg (191 KB, 471x650) Image search: [Google]
oil.jpg
191 KB, 471x650
• Name: Ayle Enward
• Role(s): Noble Assassin
• Goals: Provide money for ailing sister
• Traits: Cautious, patient, and observant. Likes to catalog birds and hunt foxes with his brothers and sisters. Ever loyal to his ailing sister, Fern.
• Flaws: Extremely susceptible to blackmail, intimidation, torture. No personal willpower whatsoever beyond what is needed to do the job. Afraid of everything.
• Allies: Various noble families
• Enemies: Various noble families
• Other Relations: Fern, his ailing sister. The only person he confides in.
• Physical Description: A narrow-faced man wearing an silk tunic and linen long-sleeve shirt. Outdoors he is fond of wearing his sister's purple silk scarf as a headwrap.

Though comparisons may be drawn to your average cutthroat or mercenary, Ayle is actually a very meek and quiet man who wants nothing more than to be in the company of his beloved sister. Though he is a killer, he is not in any way a combatant or a soldier - Ayle is hired when there is no other way to surmount a political obstacle. The difference is his discretion towards the dignity of the target; a noble landowner who passed quietly in his sleep from a painless poison would generate much less outrage than a bloody confrontation in the streets. There is no flair, no drama, and no flourish in his trade.

Ayle's profession is well-known. Like the executioner, he is somewhat ostracized by the lower class and considered inherently impure by the clergy, but is generally given a great deal of trust and respect by the nobility - if someone is troublesome enough to cause waves in the circles of nobility, they would already know better than to welcome Ayle into their home.

He is only called upon to perform his assignment twice or thrice a year, with each contract providing him more than enough money for him and his sister to live comfortably, if also in isolation.

He fears for his mortal soul, wishing to join his sister in heaven after she passes.
>>
>Name:
Gil the Minotaur
>Role(s):
Muscle, Car-man, Straight Man to the group's sometimes eccentric behaviour.
>Goals:
Put together enough money to buy back what would have been his marital home. Find out what happened to the missing members of his support group (more of a group goal, but still).
>Traits:
Slow to anger. Gentle giant. Generally tries to be supportive and understanding of the group's not-always-socially-acceptable actions. One of the earlier parahumans to Appear.
>Flaws:
Slow to anything emotional, really. Oblivious at times. Recovering depressive/addict. Simply not built for the modern world, physically, and get's a lot of undue attention for it some of which being from 'suitors', much to his disdain.
>Allies:
Linda the Faun, his once-fiancée and coordinator of the Parahuman Acceptance Group. His friends/the group - Pix the Pixie, Sasha the Lamia, Gerard the Satyr (Fauns being half-goat, Satyrs being half-horse, for this setting).
>Physical Description:
A minotaur: Huge and muscular, pushing eight feet standing tall. Covered in black-and-brown mottled fur. Short cow tail. Bull's head. Regulation trimmed horns. Tired eyes. Soft nose. Usually wears business casual clothes that strain heavily around his considerable bulk.

It's a mostly freeform game about mythological/fantastical creatures suddenly Appearing in the modern world with no memories. Government action swiftly gathered the first few up, suppressing knowledge of it, but as more and more started to Appear there started a movement for integration. The parahumans were taught local languages, laws, customs, traditions; everything they'd need to function in society without the decades of learning through cultural osmosis normal humans go through. Such programs were largely successful, though the habilitated parahumans often struggled with culture shock, breakdowns as they fought unacceptable instincts, and a general struggle to find where they belonged.
>>
>>47604421
Very nice.
>>
File: ballet 2.jpg (26 KB, 292x255) Image search: [Google]
ballet 2.jpg
26 KB, 292x255
>>47599794

Name: Countess Elanora Stockwyn

Role(s): Support, Buff/Debuff, The Face

Goals: Find 3 suitors for her 3 daughters, must be of high birth and of good character. Also to do whatever the Archfey (shes a warlock in 5e) whats her to. Do entertaining stuff that the archfey would find appeasing, etc. Adventuring works well for ticking off all the above 3 oddly enough in my party.

Traits: Extremely prim, proper and posh. Classic highbrow Victorian posh lady. Classic bitchy house wife attitude. Always in control. However when the Archfey wants something, it always unsettles her and she does extremely uncharacteristic things to achieve these goals. This has made her somewhat of a massive eccentric in the circles shes part of - something she absolutely abhors. However its because of the Archfey's gifts that she is able to be in control and get around her circle with ease - so what can you do.

Flaws: The Archfey's boredom. Physical damage. Her noble house (have to look honourable).

Allies: House Stockwyn's assets and resources. Her 3 daughters.

Enemies: House Stockwyn pretenders who might take advantage of her husband's death to seize all she owns. Bitchy nobles.

Other Relations: Friendly with 2 party members who happen to also be some very powerful and distinguished bachelors in the land.

Physical Description: Average height and looking middle age women with greying hair. She dresses is rather simple and elegant clothing whilst decked out in very expensive jewelery (Victorian era fashion).

An expensive birthday banquet in her honour where the cream of society mingles and she can impress everyone with the gifts and abilities the Archfey has given her. Endless gossip and flattery ensues.
>>
>>47604415
Man, I love this. It just has the right, I did know, feeling? I guess? Still, fantastic. I love Wellyn, and want more of his story.
>>
>>47607004
I knew this character before I read a single line just by looking at the pic.
>>
File: 1399438725576.jpg (40 KB, 458x487) Image search: [Google]
1399438725576.jpg
40 KB, 458x487
>>47599794
>• Name:
Captain Weaver
>• Role(s):
Supreme Swashbuckler, Quirky Quaffer, Sultry Seducer, Part-time Paladin, and obviously the Captain
>• Goals:
He's afflicted with a certain curse that doesn't care much about no paltry level 3 spell, and it's left him a little pale, a little unsteady on his feet, and coughing up blood. But it's not his blood; it's the blood of the men he got killed. And he wants to track down and murder the witch that cursed him and destroyed half the ships in the port when she was allegedly granting his wish to become an unstoppable pirate lord
>• Traits:
He follows a strong sense of justice, he just sort of gets distracted along the way a little too often. He's more up for giving it the quick and dirty way in a bar than going through all the rites and passages and proecedures of a 'paladin', besides, they make initiates be damn slaves for them "clean the pots, carry this message, sweep the halls, stop sleeping with women". The orders simply have no respect for a man who's already taken a step past a measly initiate
>• Flaws:
Will get into a fight over a woman at the drop of a hat (his hat precisely, if it gets knocked off), boozes so constantly he actually gets drunk when he's /not/ drinking, can't walk into a bar this side of the world without owing someone in there gambling money, talks to animals even when they can't talk back and uses their silent advice as justification for whatever he's been saying, steals people's hats if they're nicer than his, and he's also developing an irrational fear of women who are just slightly /too/ good looking because they always seem to nearly get him killed
>• Allies:
Ship sank, he ain't got none any more
>• Enemies:
You mean soon-to-be-friends, right?
>• Other Relations:
Dear old Grandpa who's gone senile now, but once he was Lord Bonebeard, fiercest pirate to sail the seas. Still gives frightfully insightful advice from time to time.
>• Physical Description:
>>
>>47607386

Right?

Norman Lindsay, Ballet (1918). I saw it at an art gallery and I just knew I had to make a character that encapsulated her.
>>
>>47599794
Can/should I post pretty much historical character? I mean I played with him for roughtly 3 years, the group with whom I've played that PC no longer exists for almost 2 years, so I'm not sure if there is any point posting about character I'm no longer playing and who's story is pretty much concluded, too. After all, this thread is about developing chars, not reminiscence.
>>
>>47607735
>Tell us about your original characters, new and old

Second line of the OP, broski. Let's hear it.
>>
>>47607750
Well, there is a lot of it, so let me sort this out. And it's not like I'm going to run a game in next 25 minutes, so probably will post it no sooner than in few hours.
>>
>>47607767
Lol.

If it's going to be a fuckhuge series of posts, drop it in a pastebin instead please, with like a summary as your post?
>>
>>47607790
Hey, it's 3 years of character development, so it can't be anything else than fuck-huge. But I was going to use pastebin anyway.
>>
Who is your character's best friend (non-sexual)? Do they stay in touch? Did they have a falling out?
>>
File: 1461624901819.png (1 MB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1461624901819.png
1 MB, 1600x1600
New thread:

• Name: Itzel "Wren" Huitzilopochtli
• Role(s): Face/Gunbunny & general straight man
• Goals: Staying independent of her family and its influence, be it through running or performing
• Traits: Started off naive and optimistic before realizing running is about profit and sticking it to the man is only sometimes a byproduct, now she's taken to snark and cigarettes. Still geeks out over music, gigs, and opportunities to get into character.
• Flaws: Ingrained haughtiness and a tendency to be petty and play favorites. Came into the profession looking for a Robin Hood-esque ideal and fell in with murderhobos, leaving her impressionable to NPCs who fit her vision. Despite claiming morals and cautiousness, can be distracted with her own interests and risks exposure by pursuing a music career on the side.
• Allies: Jan, an energetic but addled bartender with an absurd amount of military-grade chrome; Toby, an older mage whose taken up keeping an eye out for the wayward sassy children who live in her apartment block; and Fromdar, chaos mage and rat follower who takes lateral thinking to non-Euclidean angles.
• Enemies: Eve, a Lone Star officer whose son had a job via nepotism until the party got him fired and's now squeezing the party like the disposable assets they are. Her family, which has multiple agendas for the local CAS slum, is aware Wren's in the area.
• Other Relations: Amanda, a street rat Wren's age with no marketable skills who lives on her couch and has joint ownership of Siouxsie the cat.
• Physical Description: Lithe from years doing gymnastics, nicer teeth and skin than others in the slum due to not being a local, no augmentations.

>Birthday Celebrations
Open mic night bar crawl

>>47602749
Tenderfoot

>>47605427
Someone who'll let her take charge and pretend to be the mature one in the relationship.

>>47605838
She retroactively learned she delivered a unique magical being to Aztech alive.
>>
>>47603447
His current "balancing act" is figuring out how to settle down for the sake of his relationship with the bard or accept his wanderlust isn't going to just go away.
>>47605427
Someone open, enjoys snuggles, doesn't mind a life on the road, able to put up with his twists of logic and magnetic attraction to dangerous situations, and doesn't get grossed out from a bit of shapeshifting every once in a while.
>>47605838
In-campaign, he rigged a bunch of explosives in a cultist's secret base because he wanted to see what was on the other side of their barracks. Not all of them died instantly, so one of the NPCs basically napalmed the survivors on his orders with a fire breath spell. The bard took some San damage
Alternatively, he critically poisoned a street thug and gashed his chest because he interrupted his hobo rest and threatened to sell him for parts. Would have taken out his two lackeys if the fighter hadn't barged in for cleanup.
Out of campaign, if it compares, he killed a gang of hunters and took their stuff because they started going after him once he helped their target get away.
>>47607857
>non-sexual
Without counting any of the party members and making this easy, either this one Simic scientist he met that they really hit off over nature-talk, or his dragon mentor from when he was still travelling with his family. He keeps in touch with both of them, having recently met back up with the dragon offscreen, not gonna make GM play more characters for the sake of some backstory-play and in a 1on1 Player and GM adventure with the scientist and some other NPCs.
>>
What was your character's first pet's name, and what happened to them?
>>
>>47607857
Character's best friend would probably be the bard in the party. The two butt heads but they both know they can rely on each other. They've traveled together the longer than the rest of the party.

Outside of PCs, my character never really cared for people outside of his family. It's part of the reason he started adventuring.
>>
>>47608526
Alan the lizard.

His sister stole it from him and set him back into the wild
>>
>>47608582
;_;

>>47608526
Her father gave her a beautiful caged cardinal when she turned 10. She let him go after a few weeks because she saw how he watched the other birds.

His name was Rostram.
>>
Are there any "celebrities" in your setting that your character looks up to?

Or dislikes?
>>
>>47609433
He dislikes the Lord Captain-Commander of the Inquisition's Ordo Militari

And the lords who thought the Inquisition was a good idea
>>
>>47609588
If I'm supposed to know who those are, I don't. Sorry.

Why?
>>
>>47608526
Finly the hawk didn't have stats for falcons but it's close enough, she's currently living with the hellhounds on one of our bases as a pest-control expert. She used to count as Arallios' animal companion, but the edition change demoted her for the sake of battlefield survival. Not like she was ever "used" outside of "talking to myself" moments, so no harm no fowl.
>>47609433
Looking up to people isn't something Arallios usually does. Respecting is more his speed, and that one falls mostly to the ruling goddess of the campaign. Yes, the same one he got a hug from.
As far as DISLIKING, there's this one necromancer bitch he's not a fan of, if only because she just trashed a town square and most of the militia before she ran off. We also recently came across a vampire patriarch that he immediately got on the wrong side of.
>>47609588
Careful anon, that's starting to sound like heresy.
>>
>>47607502
>Sailing Paladin
I already like it.

>>47605838
Thug accidentally pushed a BBEG over a cliff.
>>
>>47605838
Made an assassin cry by liberal application of harsh language.
>>
>>47602151
Mary Sue test 30
RP test 11 did i do well?
>>
>>47602151
Minus four. For a goddamned vampire. Though it was an accident and fucking elves rather than a conscious decision.
>>
File: jess.jpg (161 KB, 1141x889) Image search: [Google]
jess.jpg
161 KB, 1141x889
• Name: Jess
• Role(s): Stealth/Interrogator
• Goals: Punish the Government for abandoning its people
• Traits: Jess is very standoffish, She is angry most of the time and very rarely is at rest or relaxes. Jess will do everything in her power to get what she wants/believes is right.
• Flaws: Her standoffish attitude gets her in trouble with alot of authority, she has a hard time getting along with people who dont share her ideals.
• Allies: a few friends of hers who agree with what she is doing
• Enemies: Anyone who is corrupt in a possition of power
• Other Relations: Her parents, though their relationship is rocky because they are nobles with a less than clean track record.
• Physical Description: she is quite the fit girl, spends most of her time training, short, White hair and a series of tribal tattoos on her leg, shoulder, back, and stomach.

>CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

painfully, as the daughter of nobles she is expected to act like a proper lady, which she horrible despises because she sees it as incredibly fake.

Jess is the daughter of two nobles with a less than ellegant past, her parents have a history of dealing with dhasy individuals supposedly "for the family" once jess was old enough to understand this she rebelled, Jess wants nothing more than to bring corrupt nobles to justice, using her blades. she is currently training with a few friends who agree with her and share a similar idea.
>>
File: download.jpg (83 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
83 KB, 600x418
Another Luvos Nichto story, this one is longer, hope you guys enjoy it.

http://pasted.co/dd300d85
>>
been trying to think up a broken, mourning paladin character after killing his own daughter who had turned into a vampire. But I cannot come up enemies and allies and what not.
Doesn't help that English is my native language. Should even bother trying.
>>
File: broad paldin.jpg (306 KB, 1600x1175) Image search: [Google]
broad paldin.jpg
306 KB, 1600x1175
>>47612957
>Allies and enemies

Maybe he's been/is in the process of being canonized by his order for the sacrifice he made and has a lot of pull with the clergy of the land, but in practice most normal people are either afraid or wary of him. I mean, the guy killed his own daughter for reasons they may or may not entirely understand, would they let someone like that into their home if they were a superstitious peasant?
>>
>>47612318
so what do you guys think of her? anything i should add to improve her character?
>>
>>47613157
Well I've been thinking after the events of regrettably killing his own daughter, he leaves the city/land alongside with his name to start a new family while haunted by the guilt of his actions.
>>
I'll be starting my first Path Finder campaign soon, and somehow came up with this character to use, and opinions would be appreciated

>Name:
Re've Botele
>Role:
Tank/Morale buff
>Goal: To simply follow visions from her Goddess (Ul'ul)
>Traits:
Personal vow of silence and non-killing (harming or allowing others to kill is fine, so long as she avoids the final blow), and bears a standard of a butterfly.
>Flaws:
Will freely offer mercy to any enemies near death, and take the time to incapacitate those who do not accept.
>Allies:
>Enemies:
>Other Relations:
I'm have not thought much about this.
>Description:
Short, dirty blond hair, fit body, normally adorned in armor.
>>
>>47614074
What weapon does she carry?
>>
>>47614106
I am leaning towards the favored weapon of most Ul'uls followers, a razor scarf.
>>
>>47612318
>Punish the Government for abandoning its people
Clarify on that.

>Anyone who is corrupt in a possition of power
And that.

>they are nobles with a less than clean track record.
That too.

Because right now she just seems like a cunt.
>>
>>47602749
trans
>>
>>47614906
Spill the details so I can fuck you in the ass.

Also
L O N D O N?
>>
>>47602749
Zealot and Bitch (two characters in separate games)
>>
>>47612318
>>47613180

Right now she just sounds like shes angry all the time and the government it painted like the supreme bad guy. Shes very much a mindless leftie activist, which is not the best. Also your description of her now reminds me a lot like a homegrown anarchist terrorist, which I personally feel isn't where your character wants to be.

If you're going to make her so anti-establishment, you need to put something tender in there to balance it out. Does she frequent a rough part of town where lots of orphans reside? Does she spend most of her extra time in soup kitchens and charities? Something that would flesh out her character into something people can emphasis with.

Complex characters are good characters.
>>
>>47602151
>Is your character extremely popular and/or well renowned in places they come from or frequent?
>tfw writing a high-ranking military commander

this test is rigged
>>
>>47614981
Those are nouns but close enough.p
>>
>>47615712
Zealous and bitchy
>>
>>47602151
This really doesn't work for high level characters...
>>
>>47616803
Yeah, when you can take out ten zombies with an AoE or get magic weapon loot it gets kinda skewed.
>>
>>47616868
>>47616803
That's when you apply the "don't check if this is commonplace in your setting" rule.
>>
>>47616939
Being level 18 isn't commonplace, still.
>>
>>47616973
Is it amongst your peers? I think you're looking too hard into it.
>>
>>47607857
Owl familiar named Aelfred
>>
>>47609663
The Inquisition was instituted to hunt down and neutralize magic users. As a wizard, he does not like any Inquisitor, much less the most powerful one.
>>
>>47609741
Not the 40k Inquisition

For the Emperor!
>>
File: hail_friend_computer.jpg (152 KB, 910x1380) Image search: [Google]
hail_friend_computer.jpg
152 KB, 910x1380
>>47599794
Name: Baxter-R-BOB
Role: The timid yes-man; rarely ever ratted out a teammate. Mostly because he was often alone committing more heinous treason than anyone else.
Goals: To serve Friend-Computer of course! To blow things up in the name of PURGE.Actually, he developed a penchant for strangling people and soon, that was all he wanted to do.
Traits: Loyal to the team and to the Computer. Quiet and slightly nervous, but always took his assigned job seriously. A sociopath who could murder a citizen of any clearance level higher than him to further an objective, even an official assignment, without batting an eye.
Flaws: Not great in a straight fire-fight. Unfortunately we found ourselves in quite a few. Also, a little too bold at times when committing treason when he thought no one else was looking.
Allies: The other troubleshooters, his commanding officer, and the Computer. And his PURGE contact.
Enemies: The other troubleshooters, his commanding officer, and the Computer. Traitors to Alpha Complex and the Computer, particularly illegal cyborgs from Corpore Metal.
Other Relations: His clones, maybe other citizens from his home sector of BOB.
Physical Description: Very unassuming. Short, brown hair and clean shaven. I imagined his face was usually blank half the time, or visibly nervous when he thought was in trouble, which was the other half of the time. His attire consisted of standard red troubleshooter reflective overalls visibly stuffed with Hot Fun for sustenance during a missionand/or dynamite for when he was ordered to blow something up for PURGE.
My first Paranoia game. The campaign involved solving a series of seemingly unrelated crimes until we discovered they were all part of a master plot by the secret society Corpore Metal to take control of the sector we were working in.
>>
>>47614306

Agreed. Let's hear some motivation!
>>
What tattoos does your character have? Any that are hard to spot or normally covered up by clothing?
>>
Lugh the Westerner
Roles: Singin, Drinkin, Fightin.
Goals: To preserve the stories of his people, and to see the world.
Traits: An accomplished swordsman, as well as a very charismatic individual (and not just statwise.)
Flaws: Buries his grief and anger deep inside. Despite getting along with them, feels isolated from other people.
Allies: Loreli the Bard, The Red Crown Adventuring Party.
Enemies: The Order of Light
Physical Description: A relatively thin, short half-orc with a scar along his shoulder.
>>
We need more food.
>>
>>47620376
What?
>>
>>47620318
Lugh was a member of a desert community of nomads with a religion and culture unlike almost any others seen. The eldest of the community spoke of a great empire their kind had once controlled, until a great plague sent their lands into anarchy. He was trained as a record-keeper, a living library of the nomad's legends, so that they would not be forgotten by the next generation. However, he was separated from his tribe by a massive sandstorm that swept away his village. He left his desert home and traveled for a while with a bard named Loreli and an adventuring party named The Red Crown.
>>
>>47620420
He celebrates his birthday by finding some random "friends" and consuming copious amounts of the most expensive booze he can find.
>>
What is the song you most closely associate with your character?
>>
>>47620318
>>47620420
>>47620447
I like this character, have you ever gotten a chance to like tell some nomadic oral tales around a fire or nah?
>>
>>47620730
Not yet, sadly. Do you have any suggestions for mythology I should look at?
>>
>>47620710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys

What could suit a non-murderous commissar better?
>>
>>47620710
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBvttggQfes
>>
>>47620799
I dunno, I'm sure there's plenty of real world equivalents you could dig up, although if your character is fleshed out you've got all the information you need to come up with myths right there. His values are his people's values and their folklore would like reflect that I guess.
>>
>>47620710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYDdKKwzEG0
>For a Forgotten Wandering Warrior forced on the path of revenge...
100% serious right now
>>
>>47621036
Real Talk and if I decide to have a shred of human decency these also work well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R6qEQSf_MQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Xe4EvTN_U
>>
>>47621008
It's possible that before the great plague, they were a egypt-type society, making great advances in arcane research and constructing massive monuments, now half buried in the desert.
>>
>>47620710
>>47606242
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3aSLa4VZSg
To me it evokes a moment of realisation, of something in the back of your mind that you knew but refused to acknowledge. A moment of neither despair nor elation, simply of an empty acceptance. A shattering of walls and drifting past into a new life. Something that I feel encompasses Gil quite roundly.
>>
File: Moras.png (714 KB, 764x1080) Image search: [Google]
Moras.png
714 KB, 764x1080
• Name: Moras Endver
• Role(s): Magical martial, magus or similar. Can deal damage and receive damage.
• Goals: Let his devotion for Nethys in action, getting back more of his memories (by doing so perhaps get more and more emotion back) and finding out if the child in his backstory still lives.
• Traits: A very logical but action-based character, he's a doer first and foremost. Despite his ghastly look, he is a kind person. Though he might have lost a lot of emotion he had from while he was a living person, making him seem very serious most of the time even if he doesn't mean it. Always happy to lend an ear for a troubled soul or friend.
• Flaws: His logical side can overpower him sometime, and make him sound a lot more ruthless than he wants to, he has a habit of going quiet when there are several people he doesn't know involved in a conversation, though he answers if he gets any questions. Brutally honest and says way too easily what's on his mind, though his logical side might suppress this from time to time. He really dislikes when people mess with his "face", aka the smoke that forms into a vague face. He can still see and think with the smoke disrupted but he cannot speak without it being formed.
• Allies: None so far, as he's not in a party. After his transformation he was knocked out over 10 years, far away from where he died and transformed.
• Enemies: Any outlaws, or magical users who have no empathy. Might develop into more enemies as he's in an actual campaign.
• Other Relations: The child from his backstory, if alive should be an adult by now.
• Physical Description: As you can see by the pic.

Here's an added bonus for people who are interested, Moras' backstory document on google drive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UJb8-vooKUM-BjzUp0gErw-AmwEGEJX1Qys-d2kIcjs/edit#heading=h.12p0fyfrdt0

>>47620710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqKsGWle-OE
>>
>>47621185
Of course forgot to namefag, and say it's a repost from two threads back. I guess thats what I get for being stressed directly after waking up.
>>
>>47621101
Your character sounds a bit... how do i put this...
your character sounds like an edgelord.
>>
>>47621228
I know...
>Party punching bag reporting in
>>
>>47621251
Why is he out for vengance?
>>
>>47620710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncrhSikSFLU
>>
File: 1436430868120.png (804 KB, 764x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436430868120.png
804 KB, 764x1080
• Name: Michail Hycha
• Role(s): Combat medic knight, fights with a bastard sword(two-handed)
• Goals: Restore his House (House Hycha) to a even greater glory than it was before, find a cure for his wife's condition: As of right now, he has no heir for the house, and they have yet been able to produce one despite trying for over 8 years.
• Traits: 40 years old, was born in a noble family of lesser extent, was the youngest child, right now the head of his house, with no other family than his wife alive. He's extremely jaded from the Great War and there is very little that make him fearful. Trained into his House's tradition: preventing diseases on battlefields, burning corpses, battlefield cleanup (undeads), tactical advisory and medical expertise and live combat. He is a very serious person, but he is stil pretty chatty and is quick to say what he thinks. He's the kind of character who values intellect over all else, and uses it in his fighting style.
• Flaws: Beyond his sociopathic tendencies, his left hand is wounded permanently from the war, including a missing pinky and a beyond-normal grip strength. His nose is crooked from injury and is covered by scars. Most people will probably get weirded out how talkative Michail is when they see his face, as he doesn't have that many facial expressions.
• Allies: His wife, and his childhood friend and current master of House Hycha's knight order: Daniell Hjortiv.
• Enemies: Undeads, dark magic users, corruption and anything that is an extreme disease spreader.
• Other Relations: The subjects of his family, the 4 farmer families that work for House Hycha, though their relationship is very strained at the moment.
• Physical Description: Rough curly black hair, face length. Newly-shaved beard and mustache, crooked nose with a scar that show history. Brown eye color, and looks "heavy", meaning rings around his eyes. Athletic body type, but more emphasis on endurance rather then pure strength. Very pale.
>>
>>47621266
You know how it is, former soldier trained from childhood because orphan in very militant nation defects from army after shit gets really bad and loses too many friends due to incompetence of the leader. Vows to come back some day and kill him to make the world a better a place.
In chronological order:
>Found and brought in to orphanage and underwent straight up spartan training. disguised herself as a boy and successfully Mulan'd for most of her life.
>Orphan brigade slightly less expendable than conscript suicide squads, losing childhood friends tends to fuck people up
>Participated in Orc genocide within a neighboring region, pretty much okay with this until it came down to baby killing
>When those atrocities were done, moved on to more expansive moves and nation went to war with neighbors for more territory. All of this is okay, except the lord is pretty shit.
>Then came government ordered executions of innocents over magical artifacts they may or may not have possessed, items then stockpiled for some secret motive.
>And this is around where our hero the Totally-Not-Edgy OC defects after swearing to come back and kill the dude in charge and spends a few decades drinking and all around rusting in skill, doing guard work to make ends meet.
>And then the Samsaran learned about her ancestors and was guided to the party. The character is like 80 years old, so like 17-19 in appearance. Really helps with the edge.
Christ that took way longer than it should have.
>inb4 party is here and calls me out on my bullshit
>>
>>47621392
>>47620710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHg3fI5cW7k
I think it tales a tale that starts of solemn and slow, but becomes dramatic over time.
>>
File: gl-62308-1460168894.png (458 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
gl-62308-1460168894.png
458 KB, 500x625
Goddmnit i was just about to submit my post with the OP form filled out and my tablet died. Will write it up again in a bit.

Anyway, TLDR for now: Nominus, a former Servitor race of Hastur who was born/created on Earth, gave up his immortality in order to gain free will, lost almost all of his powers and travels around gathering old and rare magical tomes, teaching people the lost arts these books contain in exchange for discourse; learning what power and agency means to them, and observing if they use his knowledge for good or evil.

He also likes to learn about different kinds of religions and tries to test the faith of any believers he finds with lots of philosophical and existential mumbo jumbo mixed with weird magic induced David Lynch dream sequences.

His base race was the Byakhee, Lovecraftian bird monsters who can ferry people across time and space to an alternate, corrupted version of their town/planet, to drive them to madness or whatever. As a mostly mortal now he poses as a Garuda, or, in the game's cannon, a descendant of a Dark Prime (they're like... demigods or less powerful pantheon of beings I guess) who took the form of a Gryphon.

Pic related was an earlier concept design of mine. I've since changed him to look older, more frail like a weathered old guy, who wears thick layered robes of a Nepalese design - since the creature he poses as hails from that region. Although sometimes he pretends to be a Tengu if he's played in a more East Asian setting. (I play in an old shitty furry game with lots of smaller continuities).

So yeah. He basically acts like a magic mentor/cleric who's trying to achieve Enlightenment and fucks with people by giving them monkeys paw type powers (basically cool skills with drastic drawbacks) and spends most of his time sharing and listening to stories from adventurers when he's not visiting various religious and magical sites of importance to learn and steal stuff.
>>
>>47620710
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vkOJ9uNj9EY
This is what the group gave him

This is what more or along of the lines that I think would fit him
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ddYpXY3_wn4
>>
>>47620710
whatever shitty cutesy song I'm listening to at the time
>>
File: 4921609.jpg (29 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
4921609.jpg
29 KB, 500x402
• Name: Farida
• Role(s): the Face, skillmonkey, daughter of a vizier from local petty emirate
• Goals: ? ? ?
• Traits: diligent, playing people like fiddles when it serves her own goals, knows local dialects and customs
• Flaws: selfish, prideful, petty, fiercely independent (which hurts her more than helps with anything), unused to any real hardships
• Allies: none so far
• Enemies: she treats anyone who would like to bound here to anyone or anything as one; by default - her own father
• Other Relations: she treats the player party with great contempt, but hey, as long as they don't push it too hard and bend to her demands...
• Physical Description: closing to her 30s, dark haired, petite female using copious amounts of eye-liner, carries herself as if being queen of the world (and acts like one)

Now, dear /tg/, I would like to ask you for help with this OC. You see, there are two things to consider:
- I barely play tabletop RPG
- this character was originally an NPC from my friend's campaign
You see, I don't play per se, but I often help my friends with their games, especially if the GM needs female NPCs. I simply don't usually find myself commited to play any character at all as "mine", but I can help with the game and do "additional voices". But when we were all playing a particular scenario, the party ended up "kidnapping" (or rather - being blackmailed by their "victim" to pretend to kidnap her) vizir's daughter and they were stuck with NPC in the party. Since there was always a human behind this NPC, they never really treated Farida as NPC, hence the players and later GM convinced me to stick with her and just join them playing.

Problem is - I don't know where I want to go with this character, as originally I wasn't planning to play at all, not to mention with her. I'm just the person that does additional voices. But now I've got my own PC and no clue where to head with her, not even sure what should be her motivations and goals.

>TBC
>>
>>47621766
>Continued
Anyway, the game is set in RL Central Asia and Russian steppes, it's roughtly second half of 17th century, probably something around mid 1680s given GMs references to world events and time required for those informations to reach the area. The party is composed from a merchant, trained cartographer and mercenaries and they are simply chartering the land out there, trying to get rich and not getting themselves killed by natives, local powers, wildlife and exposure. A small band (14 people at this point) of warriors and company followers (hard to call them soldiers) is under the command of two mercs, being a colourful bunch starting with German cook and ending up with nomads from the steppes. We are using GURPS, if that helps with anything.
I can't just ditch her (I kind of like the whole concept of "rebellious princess" played serious - so she's almost useless most of the time and fuss a lot), since everyone is having fun wit this character, but again, she was originally created just as NPC and not even by me, hence like all NPCs, after playing her role in the story, she ends up without any real reason to exist at all, not to mention having motivations and long-term goals.
Any help or suggestions would be really nice.
>>
>>47621766
Well no one's expecting anything really mind blowing for your first character, just focus on enjoying the ride and you could probably even make some of your goals just be based around something you wanna do in the game.
>>
>>47621827
It's not my first character. I guess I should re-itterate:
I'm a no slouch to tabletop gamer or RPG (hello, we are posting on /tg/!). Thing is - I usually assist my friends in their games. For past 7 years, I maybe played for 4 months in total, but I'm running female NPCs for them for roughtly 3 years now.
And that's the whole thing - I usually run NPCs, so I don't need to bother with reasons or answering any "why" questions, as the moment the NPC is no longer needed i nthe story, they disappear.
>>
>>47599794
Something that saw table time, for a change.
• Name: Califax of Cymril
• Role: Cryptomancer, archeologist, invocation enthusiast. Purely for research purposes, mind. Yes.
• Goals: To recover or recinstruct Koraq's Silver Matrix, a text explaining the magical tools and procedures required to create artificial life.
• Traits: Curious, outgoing, gregarious. Not terribly concerned with propriety or any local laws governing magic use in public. In love with magic in all its forms, and immerssed in it since early youth.
• Flaws: flamboyant and generous with magic use, and creatively oblivious of any regulations to the contrary. Insists that all problems may be solved with magic, and if they can't at the moment, well, it means that the magic is not sufficiently advanced. Blabbermouth, and prefers obscure and arcane subjects, quickly boring most he talks to. Perpetually irritated by that fact. Not terribly courageous or self-sacrificing, though will answer accusations of cowardice with force. Not directly, mind, that would be crude.
• Allies: The party. Two brothers and a sister, all serving as windship marines and officers, affording him access to one such ship if really needed, as well as some little pull with the military. Malygris, his mentor, protector, and cryptomancy teacher. A smattering of distant relations across the continend. Recently, he has even attracted a disciple, gods have mercy on the poor soul.
• Enemies:
Aabas, a witch hunter whom Califax has double crossed, robbed, and left for death in a floating tomb somewhere off the coast of Phantas. Purely for research purposes, mind. It wouldn't do if they both died, now would it. All that lost knowledge.
The House of Zorastin, on the basis of repeated incursions into their libraries and vaults.
• Physical Description: a wizard's wizard, complete with voluminous robes, functionally cropped green beard only a shade darker than his skin, staff, and pointy hat.
No space!
>>
File: In.jpg (235 KB, 598x800) Image search: [Google]
In.jpg
235 KB, 598x800
Finally some free time!
Still working on fleshing her out, any sorta input would be welcome.

>Name
"In" (real name Vama Tayarishdu, but she is no longer allowed to use it)
>Role(s)
Glass cannon / berserker / generally angry person
>Goals
Finding out the sources of her "inner demons" and controlling them
>Traits
Unbeknownst to her, she's half changeling. Her "Tiger" form was triggered by the influence of the team and environment of the competition when it happend, and the traumatic event caused that to be imprinted in her subconcious.
>Flaws
Very brash and prone to anger, she's a very offensive person, always picking a fight.
A very passionate person, she is very direct in both society and combat, sometimes making her predictable and easy to manipulate.
>Allies
Her main friend in the party is the mean-and-haughty-noble archtype (we'll get to him in another installment)
>Enemies
The merfolk noble whose son she killed is out for her blood, so she cannot enter their control for fear of arrest or assassination.
>Other Relations
[?]
>Physical Description
Tall and athletic, almost buff. Swarthy skin, and tanned due to years in the sun on fishing boats.
Dark hair and orange eyes
Left cheek has a tattoo of three long triangles pointing towards her face (Violent criminals in her society are given facial tattoos, to warn others of who they are/were. Hers was chosen as a humiliating reminder of the circumstances of her exile).
Fights with a curved sword, but handles herself just as well in a fist fight.
Shifted form makes her bigger and buffer and her pupils become vertical. In extreme cases, channeling the concept of the tiger from the imprint, her teeth grow longer and sharper and her skin darkens in stripes.
>>
>>47622064
>>47599794
Usually she'd spend a quiet day at home, taking some time off helping the family business. For her 17th birthday she got exiled, though, so that date is now a time for sore memories for her.
>>47602151
-2 because she's a shitty person with rage issues and nobody likes her because of it, except for the one arrogant guy who's actually sorta kinda using her. She's had bad shit happen to her, but it's mostly since she loses control over her emotions.
>>47602749
Angry
>>47605838
Killed a dude during what is basically a sports contest. It's why she got exiled.
>>
>>47602749
Worldly.
>>
There's no non-creepy way to put this, but what does your character smell like?
>>
File: smiling tiefling.jpg (92 KB, 500x641) Image search: [Google]
smiling tiefling.jpg
92 KB, 500x641
>>47623580
Like a normal human, but with a hint of sulfur.
>>
File: Warforged.jpg (205 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
Warforged.jpg
205 KB, 640x853
>>47623580
LIKE METAL AND HONOR
>>
>>47623580
Rust, grease, and chemicals, with eau de tired human underneath.
>>
File: 1464769792829.png (1 MB, 542x1536) Image search: [Google]
1464769792829.png
1 MB, 542x1536
>>47623580
LIKE SWORDS AND JUSTICE
On working days anyway.
>>
>>47623818
I like his attitude.
>>
>>47620710
This Will Be The Day, acoustic version
>>
>>47623580

It's a running joke that my character constantly reeks of sweat, pine resin and musky furs.
>>
>>47624997
What brought that on?
>>
File: Fairy_Sladd.jpg (269 KB, 1144x884) Image search: [Google]
Fairy_Sladd.jpg
269 KB, 1144x884
Now taking requests
First come, first serve; details/reference>vague statements
>>
File: 20160605_110330.jpg (5 MB, 2268x3763) Image search: [Google]
20160605_110330.jpg
5 MB, 2268x3763
>>47625451
Requesting the top two ladies posed as the bottom two ladies please!
>>
>>47625511
Don't make me do this...
>>
>>47625711
You'll be my 4chan best friend forever.
>>
File: 1357188295131.jpg (368 KB, 600x910) Image search: [Google]
1357188295131.jpg
368 KB, 600x910
>>47625711
I mean, would you rather draw a cute redhead warlock with sweat matted hair brushed back behind an ear, feeding a raven part of her meager food allowance?
>>
>>47625451
>>47625711
A woman with extremely long straight light-colored hair (the hair makes it look like she's wearing a cloak), wearing blue robes trimmed with a stylized pattern of crashing waves like pic related.
She is holding a scroll that is rolled up on one side, and might be casting a water spell of some sort.
>>
File: old-scroll-1144127[1].jpg (58 KB, 330x440) Image search: [Google]
old-scroll-1144127[1].jpg
58 KB, 330x440
>>47625901
*like one of the patterns in pic related.
Also reference for what I mean by "scroll is rolled up on one side"
>>
File: 1464237623075.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1464237623075.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>47625711
DOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT!
>>
>>47625976
I'm trying buddy, we'll get it somehow.
>>
>>47625985
>>47625976

is it weird that I know which one of you is frankie and which one is isara?
>>
>>47626030
Nah. ;3
>>
File: image.png (939 KB, 829x1211) Image search: [Google]
image.png
939 KB, 829x1211
Name: August Sheridan
Role: Face/researcher.
Goals: Recovering his lost academic respect and accreditation. Either by gathering evidence that he was framed and had a smear campaign run against him, or by making the discovery he feels he was close to before being forced to the shadows.
Traits: Academically knowledgeable in the fields of history (magical and mundane), sociology, and anthropology. A Snake shaman and a decent shot with a heavy pistol. Good with most people, he's a well spoken and decently attractive young man who generally tries to get what he wants diplomatically or through subterfuge.
Flaws: Unfortunately, not wanting to solve things violently is generally a problem as a shadowrunner so he often comes into conflict with his party mates about it. He's one track minded about his search for the truth, to the point of screwing whoever he's currently working for about it, and has some pretty crazy theories regarding the whole thing. Doesn't believe in Occam's Razor, for better or worse.
Allies: None, so far, I just played my first session with the character yesterday. At least not beyond the party.
Enemies: The Atlantean Foundation, who he thinks/knows discredited him. We'll see who he pisses off over the course of the campaign.
Other Relations: Knows a small number of random folks across most continents. Usually just people who can transport goods and acquire basic supplies from his time as a field archaeologist. Also has a few academic contacts who owe him actual favors.
Physical Description: A tall, decently built man of about 30, might be just shy of it though. Dark hair and green eyes, with a shade of stubble he tries to remember to shave off. Usually wears a leather jacket over a vest and tie combo. Two matching tattoos on each forearm, a snake curled around a pyramid pointing up on his right arm and a snake coiled around a pyramid pointing down on his left. Usually has some manner of historical artifact on him, currently an ancient scroll.
>>
>>47626131
I saw your request in the drawthread and immediately stole that pic, you really lucked out!

The character seems kind of same-y but not too bad, looks like a fun one to play.
>>
>>47625976
>>47625985
fine
>>
>>47626179
Oh my god, thank you so much
>>
>>47626179
Bro! You are awesome! Thank you!
>>
File: Yllastine.png (976 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yllastine.png
976 KB, 1080x1080
>>47599794
• Name: Yllastine

• Role(s): Buff Dispenser, Morale Maintenance

• Goals: She wants to recover her father's mastercraft lute that was fenced through the Thieves' Guild.

• Traits: Bubbly, attentive, and a giver. She enjoys nothing more than having an audience and entertaining, be it through song, dance, or action.

• Flaws: A bit too trusting, oftentimes will let her guard down (or not raise it at all) in an effort to be liked.

Sailed with the "Coralcutter". The sailors didn't want her aboard, but as a bard/rogue mix she was able to convince them that they had the outdated superstitions, and she had the current ones (which she made up on the spot most times)

Really earned her place when they tasted her stew, which was hearty enough to bed their appetites, and spicy enough to get them through the harsh winds and cold.
>>
>>47627234

Holy shit she's adorable, I want her in my party.
>>
>>47627269
Aw! You like her? An artist was very kind to draw that for me about a year ago in a drawthread, but the character hasn't seen use until recently.
>>
>>47623580
The candles that you have to burn to summon demons and stuff let off this really acrid metallic smell, he smells like that and old books.
>>
>>47625133

He's a woodsman and hunter with character art depicting him dressed in well-worn furs.

The DM's husband made a quip about him smelling like sweat and the wilderness first session, and it just became a running gag.

Imagine their faces when he finally got a proper hot bath.

And then imagine their faces when me and the DM spent a good 10 minutes roleplaying the curly-haired maid servicing him in the bath, massaging him and talking in awe about his lifestyle. The scene ended with her undressing to join him in the bath, and a roll for impregnation.

I got a nat 100, which was canonically explained as Sigmund having his first experience with giving anal.
>>
>>47627298

I really do! She's a spunky tiefling(?) bard with all sorts of lively optimism you see so little in that race. I'd protect that smile from level 1 to 18.
>>
>>47627385
...and levels 19 and 20?

And yes, tiefling.
>>
>>47627413

Well by that level I would hope the campaign's over, but if it's still ongoing I would've made an eternal pledge to keep her smile pure and unspoiled.

She's really quite the character.
>>
>>47627474
Thank you, much appreciated.
>>
What Genre of adventure would your character do poorly in?

>>47601148
Rashad would do poorly in horror campaigns, typically of the Cosmic horror persuasion. He is a duelist first and foremost, and has little to no experience fighting anything monstrous. plus his willingness to be the hero will send him headlong into opponents he should be running from.
>>
>>47627577
I really like Rashad.
>>
File: giphy.gif (894 KB, 448x223) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
894 KB, 448x223
>>47627602
>>
>>47623580
>>47606242
Deep and musky, rich with smells of the forest despite living in a city for his entire life. Wet oak and fresh earth, mixed in with sweat and damp fur.
>>
>>47620710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGbtoMM9CQk
Cheerful, passive, and fairly carefree guy that has his powerful moments and takes a bit of buildup to actually get dramatic.
>>
>>47623580
Pretty much >>47627707 without being a city-slicker. Funnily enough this question was brought up by the GM when he wanted to give off the vibe that an NPC was creepin' on my character a bit.
>>
>>47620710

For Rashad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_GdH1Mgyg0
this, its got a sort a very energetic feel to it while remaining heroic.
>>
File: Laughing_PCs_2016.jpg (316 KB, 850x905) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_PCs_2016.jpg
316 KB, 850x905
>>47626179
I'm going to have to stop for a while, but here's the line work. When I come back I'll either paint over it or process some other requests.
Lines and form are proving very difficult on a tablet; it feels like I'm trying to draw with a pencil on a sheet of aluminum. Hence I'm doing it first, because practice, but it's easily taking me just as long as every other step combined.
>>
>>47628371
Amazing thus far, god's work anon.
>>
>>47614306
Alright, lets see what i can do.

LIke i said, her parents are nobles with a pretty shady background, their history and rise to power came from stabbing people in the back, manipulation, and other very underhanded means. when Jess became old enough to understand this her parents would always say "we did it for the family' making it seem like all the horrible things they did where okay as long as they came out on top, and Jess didn't want a single part of it, so she began to rebel and defy her parents. Later, Jess also found out that there where many, many other nobles who had used similar underhanded means to gain power and benefit themselves while they let everyone else they used rot in the lower ends of society. Jess thought this was absolutely horrible, and her motivation turned from "im going to defy my parents" to "im going to red the world of people like this" Jess had made many friends in the slums during her late night sneaking outs, and found just how bad off they where, and seeing the condition of the women, childern, and elderly living there, and knowing that people like her parents could very easily help, but wont, stuck a nerve with her, so she has dedicated her life to making sure the people like her parents cease to exist.

i hope that clarifies some things!
>>
>>47628729
So, what's her plan? Kill them all?
>>
>>47628758
more or less yea, she doesnt quite understand just how unreasonable that is, and she also doesnt understand that certain people have their own unique motivations for their actions that might not be all that bad. so it allows her to develop and grow to understand each persons own circumstances as she goes on her quest to "kill them all"
>>
>>47628853
Ah. Well have fun with that.
>>
>>47628908
that sounds very passive aggressive...is there anything i should do then to make this character better in general? i want to be able to improve.
>>
>>47629043
I would suggest a total rewrite. The character reeks of edgy snowflake nonsense with no clear specific endgame.
>>
>>47599794

Here's a good one, Post your character's actual Character sheet.
>>
>>47628371
A good tip from an anon some threads back: try placing a thin paper on it, it might help the feeling without hindering it from working
>>
>>47629076
well, mind clarification then? what about the character do you think is edgy or a special snowflake? i think her reasoning for her actions is reasonable and makes sense. and i think the endgame is at least a little clear...she wants to get rid of the corruption by force, i think that seams pretty clear?
>>
>>47629684
It seems like Daenerys from GoT which is the worse character because that method will backfire. You can't eliminate corruption through sheer force and it's naive to think that especially if she was raised in that environment.
>>
>>47629394
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-UzmOuLdIsBMJYXr6oPepmcaSVPLkW8fmFWot83QXgs/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>47623580
A strange mix between salt water, slime and candy.
>>
>>47630067
well i wouldnt call that a bad character, I know that it is a method that will never work but SHE does not now that, i dont think that makes her character BAD though.
>>
>>47628729
>>47630466

Diff anon

The concept while at its core has a decent inspiration, it falls a little flat in its execution so far. Perhaps examples of what types of "underhandedness and backstabbing" caused her to decide to go "kill all the bastards."

From the onset, it seems like she's less trying to cure corruption in the court, and more trying to stroke/channel some hidden Sadistic/Psychotic streak that she might not even know exists in her.

But then again there isn't such a thing as bad concept there's only bad execution.
>>
>>47621541

Any thoughts? Questions?

I haven't roleplayed in years but my friends dragged me into their freeform group. So far he's been interesting to play; I like the idea of having characters come up to mine to learn stuff while he unintentionally screws with them.

He gets treated like a bad guy at times but at other times he's like a mentor who guides adventures by imparting arcane knowledge onto them and helping them grow more developed. And people who roll mage/enchanter/collector types will often trade secrets with him and get to tell their character stories, experiences and belief systems outside of just blurbs on reference sheets nobody reads.

I guess he's kinda like a bard collecting character tales or a magical information broker? Idk what he would be using a DnD type class system.

I'll post an update and more relevant design illustration once I'm done drawing it up.
>>
>>47629394

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=315834
>>
>>47630789
ah alright, i get that. i will work on it then
>>
>>47623580
Salt, leather, sweat and dude weed lmao
>>
What was your character's first romantic encounter ? How did he/she handle it?
>>
>>47635159
A little clumsy and unsure, especially given the circumstances, but her partner was more experienced and also patient, coaching her gently through the event.
>>
>>47635159
My character's first romantic counter was with an orc girl when he was 10. He liked her as a friend and one time when they were alone she kissed him. He didn't know how to react to it so he just stopped talking to her all together.
>>
File: Marry_light_freckles.png (1 MB, 850x1095) Image search: [Google]
Marry_light_freckles.png
1 MB, 850x1095
>>47635159
my characters first romantic encounter was with Cata on this very website
>>
>>47635778

cringe
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.