[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Enchanted Shovel What does it do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12
File: 515x2e100Lx2f3-1.5L.jpg (319 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
515x2e100Lx2f3-1.5L.jpg
319 KB, 2048x1536
>Enchanted Shovel

What does it do?
>>
Creates holes, fills in holes.
>>
You may use it to dig holes in reality.
>>
File: 1464565358445.png (179 KB, 710x654) Image search: [Google]
1464565358445.png
179 KB, 710x654
You can dig trenches in frontal lobes
>>
>>47597683
plotholes
>>
>>47597683

It allows you to bounce on it like it's a pogo stick.
>>
The handle has a farmer carved onto it and it changes expression every sunrise.

If the farmer is happy digging with it always unearths potatoes, carrots and shit.

If it is neutral it digs really fast and can go through rocks like nothing.

If the expression is angry the shovel functions as magical weapon but the wielder becomes depressed, gets the urge to drink alcohol and when drunk tries to kill his friends and loved ones.
>>
>>47597683
As you pick it you instantly attain legendary skill with it and become the Ace of Spade.
>>
>>47597683
The Shovel of Merchant-General Sullivan Trous, "The Lord of Spades"
>Gilt handle with a blade of meteoric iron, embedded in the haft is a nail taken from the coffin of Trous's father. The shovel has three powers:
>Striking the earth with the flat of the blade opens a shallow grave, deep enough for a single body
>Thrusting the blade into the earth opens a trench ten hands deep and five across, but of an unreliable length. Sometimes the trench shall be only a few yards long, other times it will span miles, though the trench collapses if the spade is retracted
>Clutching the shovel tight to your chest protects the wielder from suffocating beneath the ground
>>
while wielded, allows the user to cast the jump spell 1d4 times per day

also, it deals full weapon damage (d6) x2 to things made of dirt or earth
>>
File: BaronSet-630x652.png (319 KB, 630x652) Image search: [Google]
BaronSet-630x652.png
319 KB, 630x652
>>47597805
I came here to post this.
>>
>>47597683
Think I read this idea on /tg/ a few months ago:

Everytime you dig a hole with that shovel, it will become a grave being filled by anyone anytime. Each time a grave gets filled one piece of gold appears in the digger's hand.
>>
>>47597683
can dig a hole in anything, regardless of how weak the wielder is, or how strong the material is (dm may want to change those limitations)
>>
>>47597683
treats stone and steel like loose soil
>>
File: MFW_TAFKAP.jpg (29 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
MFW_TAFKAP.jpg
29 KB, 250x250
>>47597683
>wat do

Enchanted latrine pits.
Can you dig it?
>>
>>47600780
Overpowered as fuck, but it's good.
>>
Always guaranteed to dig up a valuable from loose soil. Usually a gold piece or gemstone, but occasionally an enchanted piece of equipment or artifact.
>>
>>47597683
Digs good.
Real good.
>>
>If used to dig the first shovel-full on a new construction, it is said to give great strength to the foundations
>>
>>
>bonded with the spirit of a hippy
>always gives questionable gardening advice
>you're fairly certain that hallucenagenic mushrooms can't be made into clothes, fuel, and 101 other uses but is just being held down by big loom
>>
>>47597768
Highly underrated post
>>
Shovel of Necromancy. Head boop corpses to reanimate them. Engraving on the shaft reads, "I can dig it."
>>
File: 1440551485833.jpg (60 KB, 850x470) Image search: [Google]
1440551485833.jpg
60 KB, 850x470
>>47597683
it buries.
>>
>>47597683
Fortune III
>>
>>47597683
Yoy bury money and then it sprouts a money tree three days later... but returns it to a normal tree once you collect the money.
>>
>>47600347
I dig a hole in the orc.
>>
>>47600347
>I dig a hole in the dragon
>but the dragon already has three of those
>>
File: KLIMAX.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KLIMAX.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>47597683
>The Many Thing-ed Shovel
>Rumor spreads to the highest lords and smallest of people that a mythical implement has been sighted throughout history. An unassuming shovel that fulfills the simplest desire of he who holds it.

>Bard - Invisible strings run down the shaft and can be strummed from in the manner of a lute.

>Fighter - The edges turn razor sharp in the manner of an axe, but look dull to the touhc.

>Thief - Can be used as a key for a massive fucking door

>Druid - Made of wood

>Cleric - Is hollow down the middle, able to proclaim their Gods wishes to people further away

>Paladin - Becomes overly large and gains a faint aura when near weeds

>Mage - Can dig without being touched, very hard to stop.

>Sorcerer - Not needed, hands can be used to dig
>>
>>47603377
kek
>>
>>47597683

Casts a modified Move Earth once per day, affected size is limited to direct contact with shovel
>>
File: Jack.jpg (26 KB, 630x390) Image search: [Google]
Jack.jpg
26 KB, 630x390
What nobody understands is this was the original design idea for Sigil.
>>
>>47597683
Makes it work like the minecraft shovel
>>
>>47602883
underrated post.
>>
>>47604016
What, to find a purpose for an enchanted shovel?

How did it end up as a flying ring-shaped city, then?
>>
>>47597683
Kills undead
>>
>>47603376
The nostalgia is strong with this post.
>>
whatever is shovelled over your shoulder disappears into a pocket dimension.
gesturing with the shovel like you are filling a hole deposits a random thing from the pocket dimension.
>>
>>47603376
How much money does it make compared to the amount you bury?
>>
>>47597683
it's foldable and can do all of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o
>>
>>47605305
Three times.
>>
Seeks out corpses on its own and digs them out for necromancer.
>>
>>47597683
>What does it do?
Killing in the name of?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RroVxJO-kng
>>
>>47603377
The orc is honestly confused by this situation, but is pleased that he has a new place to store loot.
>>
>>47597683
This shovel hums when it can sense valuable items directly beneath it. The higher their value and the closer they are, the louder the hum. A single coin under a meter of soil will only just be audible, while one on the floor beneath it will be perceptible to passers by.

If placed over a dragons hoard it will hum loudly enough to deafen its holder, and may vibrate hard enough to crack into stone.
>>
It's a Staff of the Magi, for an archmage who liked to do a bit of gardening. I mean, seriously, why the fuck should a magic staff just be a stick. Add something useful to it so it can be used for something else when you arnt blasting the crap out of dragons.
>>
>>47597683
Has a 1/200 chance to find treasure every time it digs.

My gm didn't put time constraints on what we were doing at the time, so I spent several hours in the woods until i found something.
Multiple times.
>>
I invented a shovel once that could split into several shovels, as many as there were in the party.

It next stage was that it could split mid-air.

A final upgrade was planned, but they never got that far.
>>
Occasionally bursts into flames. Barely qualifies as a shovel.
>>
>>47597683
I did this with a hammer once, but no reason it couldn't work with a shovel. Have it leak a mildly electrified fluid very slowly, so it shocks on the touch and gets all of your stuff wet.

They fucking hated that hammer so much they buried it on some guy's farm.
>>
>>47597683
the Enchanted Shovel helps me get through a session as I dig through my GM's bullshit

>>47605704
haha Rob Scallon's a real cool guy, I wish his talents were more applicable beyond posting videos on youtube about some cool guitar thing he did :/
>>
>>47597683
upon contacting dirt,grave, rock, snow, ice or sand it magically heats where it digs to near melting point of that material to make digging easier.
>>
File: orpheus.jpg (131 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
orpheus.jpg
131 KB, 500x376
>>47597683
IT WILL DIG THROUGH THE COSMOS THEMSELVES, CASTING ASIDE STARS AS SEDIMENT IN THE WIND
>>
>>47606437
gravel, damn busted l key...though I suppose "grave" is still an appropriate thing for a shovel to dig.
>>
>>47603377
This actually happened in my game when the entire universe got fucked to hell and back. They literally had to use a shovel to dig into someone's body, and through fifteen feet of flesh to get where they were going.

No matter how deeply they went into the body of a normal human, it was meat dimension on the inside.
>>
The wielder is now playing minecraft.
>>
>>47597683
Let's you kill bitches trying to take your senpai.
>>
File: Wakfu-ruel.jpg (80 KB, 850x990) Image search: [Google]
Wakfu-ruel.jpg
80 KB, 850x990
>>47597683
Digs for gold and kills bitches
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.