[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: Nurgle vs Sylvaneth.jpg (449 KB, 1626x1058) Image search: [Google]
Nurgle vs Sylvaneth.jpg
449 KB, 1626x1058
>resources
pastebin.com/fZ8jJx6g

Sylvaneth strike back edition

Old thread
>>47544747
>>
>>47589853
Spite Revenant
>>
>>47589894
Alarielle, with the beetle
>>
>>47589914
Good new for foot fetish.
>>
>>47589914
I wonder if the beetle will have generic non character variants like the Maw-Krusha does?
>>
File: comeatmebeetle.jpg (38 KB, 120x240) Image search: [Google]
comeatmebeetle.jpg
38 KB, 120x240
>>47589914
>>
>>47589894
>>47589914
>>47589931

I'd like some actual models for this artwork soon, because the more I look at artwork, the more disappointed I am when I finally see the models it shows.
>>
File: images (90).jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (90).jpg
12 KB, 259x194
>>47587100
>Necrons

<3
>>
>>47589894
I bet those will be the half of a duo-kit. The other half being the elves in the bottom corner of >>47589914

Woodghouls and Treelves.
>>
>>47590156
That's probably the case.
>>
>>47590156
Probably. And I sincerely hope they'll be sized and priced like Stormcast Paladins and not like Stormfiends. I mean, the artwork implies they're just slightly taller than Bloodletters, but you never know..

>>47589966
God I hope so.
>>
Anyone have any luck with the fire dorfs? I like the look of them but they seem kind of limited and the vulkites seem pretty bad at first glance.
>>
Looking to get back in to playing - haven't played since AoS was released, but starting up at a tournament my local GW is running. Looking for an army that will get me some gift vouchers and prizes, what would you recommend? Looking to buy a whole new army too.

Tournament rules are

No Battallions
No more than 60 Wounds/Player
No more than 2 each of the following keywords : Hero, Wizard, Monster and War Machine
No Model with more than 12 Wounds
No Units with more than 30 Wounds
No more than 1 Duplicate unit (May not have the Hero keyword)

SUMMONING
For the course of the event players may not summon more than 30 wounds worth of models in a single game (whether through summoning spells or any other rule or ability that adds new models to their army).

Additionally you may not summon any models with more than 12 wounds.
>>
>>47590627
Ogres are insanely stronk in wound balanced games
>>
>>47590627
>No Model with more than 12 Wounds
rip flesheaters and ironjawz
>>
>>47589931
Her right hand is really messed up.
>>
>>47590891
Why rip? It's "model" not "unit".
>>
>>47590891
Mite still be good with FE's as courtiers don't summon with magic, just reinforce.
>>
>>47590954
Because FE's get nasty with king on bat/dragon, and those are 14.
>>
>>47590954
abhorrant ghoul king has 14 wounds and megaboss on mawkrusha has 14 as well
>>
Thought about getting back into Warhammer. What kind of book equals the army book of the old Warhammer in AOS?
>>
>>47590974
>>47590975
You're telling me these factions can't function without their respective beast riders? What about the on foot versions?
>>
>>47591005
The foot riders have totally different rules

Flesheasters without a ghoul king to summon more courtiers is not very good at all
>>
>>47591005
The Ghoul King on Terrorgheist is absolutely vital to Flesheater Courts, the Megaboss on Mawcrusha is nice to have, since he counters the speed issue to some degree, but he's not really indispensable.
>>
>>47590995
Battletomes and Grand Alliance books, depending on what you're looking for.
Battletomes are an in-depth look at a specific force, Grand Alliances contain every warscross from one of the big four factions.
>>
>he hasnt signed up for TGA yet
>>
>>47590995
The old army book system is basically a thing of yesterday now. Rules for units are free online and also tend to be included in the newer, rebranded boxes. Some factions do have books but they're collections of the unit rules with some fluff rather than mandatory.
>>
>>47591084
>>47591092
Thanks guys!
Where can I find the rules for free?
Guess I'm going to get one or two battletomes as I'm more interested in the fluff than the warscrolls alone.
>>
>>47591058
I was gonna ask why the gheist and not dragon, as I had planned to run a dragon, and then I saw the spell/command difference. Shit man, I really wanted the dragon, but that's a big difference.
>>
>>47591154
There's the app, and you can grab each warscroll from the unit's store page on GW's site.
Or you could just grab them from OP.
>>
>>47591154
>Where can I find the rules for free?
Games Workshop website has the rules for each model on the models web page

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Seraphon-Saurus-Guard

Scroll down and look under the "Rules" tab for a pdf link.

You can also get the Age of Sigmar phone app, it contains all the rules for every model (even the ones that aren't in production any more)
>>
>>47591154
you can see them either on their page on the store, or for the legacy rules (that is, rule for old armies), go here: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules?_requestid=5128319
>>
>mark III
Necron Overlord
-Move 5"
-Wounds 7
-Save 4+
-Bravery 10

-Ranged Weapons-
-Staff of Light - 12", Attacks 3, To Hit 3+, To Wound 3+, Rend -1, D3
-Gauntlet of Fire - 8", Attacks D6 , To Hit 4+, To Wound 4+, Rend - , 1 Wound

-Melee Weapons-
-Staff of Light - 2", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend -1 , D3 Damage
-Warscythe - 2", Attacks 3, To Hit 3+, To Wound 3+, Rend -2, D3 Wounds
-Gauntlet of Fire - 1", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend -, D3 Wounds

Resurrection Orb - +1 to reanimation rolls

Reanimation Protocols: If a model in this unit suffers a wound, ignore it on a dice roll of 5+. If it suffers a mortal wound, ignore it on a 6+.

-Comman Ability-
- Phylactery- A Necron Overlord and units within 6" may reroll failed reanimation protocol rolls.

--
Necron Warriors - A unit of Necron Warriors has 10 or more models.
-Move 4"
-Wounds 1
-Save 5+
-Bravery 10

-Ranged Weapons-
-Gauss Flayer - 16", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 4+, Rend - , 1 Wound

-Melee Weapons-
-Gauss Flayer Blade - 1", Attacks 1, To Hit 5+, To Woound 4+, Rend - , 1 Wound

-Gauss flayer: When rolling to-wound, 6's become mortal wounds

-Unrelenting Legion: If a unit of Necron Warriors has 20 or more models you have a 1+ to hit, if 30+ you have a +1 to wound also.

Immortal upgrade: include save to 4+, and increase attacks on Gauss Flayer to 2.

Reanimation Protocols: If a model in this unit suffers a wound, ignore it on a dice roll of 5+. If it suffers a mortal wound, ignore it on a 6+.

>>47590068
>Mindshackle Scarabs - -2 to bravery for units within 3"

The swarms stat like familiars but with this ability?

Quick.. Triarch Stalker, and im getting a start collector box
>>
>>47591160
Care to explain? I would assume summoning Courtiers on the dragon would be more useful.
>>
Kind of wish the unique spells on the zombie dragon and terrorgeist ghoul kings were swapped.
>>
>>47591214
I guess, but that gives you one turn you have to summon courtier, and first next turn you can summon/reinforce units? Also it's a choice between reroll to wounds inside 10" or a 5+ ward save within 18". Hm, maybe it bears further consideration.
>>
>>47591214
Terrorgheist summons 3 guys right away
ZDragon summons a Courtier that can summon ~2 more guys on average per turn
The ZDragon is obviously better at calling more dudes

ZDragon is really good at hitting high armored enemies (Saurus Guard, heroes, heavy cavalry) because it has a Rend-3 D6 Damage breath attack.
Terrorgheist is great at crushing swarm units with low bravery with its death shriek

Terrorgheist has a great defensive spell, giving 1 of your units a 5+ Ignore Wound
ZDragon has a great offensive spell that lets you reroll wounds for everything around 10"

Both are good in their own way. I prefer the ZDragon personally
>>
>>47591297
What's a good non gw dragon? I wanna build a golden king ghoul on noble dragon, like he sees himself.
>>
I've bought an elf. Am I gay now?
>>
>>47589894
These things look rad. I can't wait to see the models.
>>
>>47591453
You're only gay when you call them elfs. They're Aelfs.
>>
>>47591453
Bought = In the closet
Assembled = Openly gay
Painted = Flamboyant
Played = Other gays think you make gays look bad
>>
>>47591515

If you like knife ears you're a homo, it doesn't matter if you use the corporate jargon term or not.
>>
>>47591543
... I'm at all those stages of ælf.
>>
File: CiZwYPvWEAAtVZr.jpg (108 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
CiZwYPvWEAAtVZr.jpg
108 KB, 1200x900
>>47590156
I hope it's a triple kit with options for half-dryad upper bodies with elf or spooky heads like you say, or full tree spirits like the things in the bottom of this image (there's things with dryad-like heads wielding weapons). Maybe pushing my luck though.
>>
>>47591190
Hrmm, how about this.
Triarch Stalker

Move 7"
Wounds 9
Save 4+
Bravery 10

>Ranged Weapons
Heat Ray R12" A1 [---see below---]
Heavy Gauss R24" A1 To Hit 3+ To Wound 2+ R-2 Dd6
Particle Shredder R12" [---see below---] To Wound 4+ R-1 D1

>Melee Weapons
Scythed Limb R2" A4 To Hit 4+ To Wound 3+ R-1 D2
Manipulator Limb R1" A2 To Hit 5+ To Wound 4+ R- D1

Description
A Triarch Stalker squadron consists of any number of models. Each Triarch Stalker is armed with either a Heat Ray, a Heavy Gauss Cannon or a Particle Shredder. In addition, it repairs damage done to it with its Living Metal and can strike foe'S trying to close in on it with both its Scythed Limbs and Manipulator Limbs.

Abilities
Living Metal: A Triarch Stalker regains d3 wounds during each of your hero phases.

Heat Ray: Pick a unit within 12" of this model. That unit suffers d3 Mortal Wounds. Units with 10 or more models suffer another d3 Mortal Wounds.

Particle Shredder: Pick a unit within 12" of this model and roll a dice for each model in that unit. For each 4+ that unit is hit once by this weapon.

Twin-linked: When attacking with the Heavy Gauss Cannon you may reroll failed rolls to hit of 1.
>>
>>47591453
>>47591543
>>47591547
Well spank my ass and call me a faggot, because I'm making a Lion Rangers army.
>>
>>47591677
so if I play duardin, does that make me gay, but more like a bear?
>>
>>47591777
Of course.
Playing any miniatures game makes you gay by default.
Many simple don't know yet
>>
>>47589853
Only new trees? no new elves?
>>
>>47591923
Alarielle is all trees all day. Elves come later. Along with Hysh/Ulgu/Slaanesh lore probably.
>>
>>47591923
To be fair, they seem as much elf as tree.
>>
File: 1409504916181.jpg (113 KB, 780x528) Image search: [Google]
1409504916181.jpg
113 KB, 780x528
Another story from the Silver Tower.
>new party, 1st trial.
>shard, mistweaver, warpriest
>2nd room, fighting some acolytes and horrors
>unexpected event
>ogroid
>we shat ourselves a bit, but we managed to kill him. We suffered a few wounds though before
>going forward
>abandoned nest
>we kill some scuttings with ease
>explore
>room comes up with some blue horrors and acolytes
>already killed the acolytes,lets kill the horrors
>as one would split, but it can't because no more minis, we roll for unexpected
>d6 acolytes spawn
>6
>they need to be placed so they surround us
>mistweaver can't move since he is surrounded. Tries to aoe stun but half of the acolytes are in the next room since we were standing at the portal
>there are still like 3 brimstone horrors shooting us
>priest flees but stays in healing range
>me as shard near mistweaver try to chop them as hard as I can
>destiny dice - familiar with -1 to hit and unexpected
>summon pink horror
>the acolytes raped the mistweaver, then me, than the priest.
Full wipe even though the priest was healing us meanwhile.
There was one moment where the acolytes almost summoned another pink horror.
Shit, this game was intense, we were on the edge all the time and we needed to decide very carefully.
I am happy with this game cause it provided what I expected - fully random dungeon crawl with epic moments. Difficulty is totally random, but you can always add some more by summoning exotics for example.
>>
remove sigmarines
>>
>>47593145
Naw.
>>
>>47593145
B-but I like the sigmarines.
>>
>reading Flesh Eaters or whatever it's codex
>They're undead, can't be that neat...
>Bravery 10
>Okay.. I guess that makes sense, they're mad and all
>Unit heals D3 wounds in EVERY Hero phase
>Okay.. not too bad.... Doable
>8 Wounds
>Um....
>Terrorghiest: On a 6+, do 6 Mortal Wounds instead
>Okay so, more damage than Carnosaurs, Dread Saurians, Treelords, Magmadroths, regular Dragons....
>Still not too bad....
>Formation: Heal 1 wound in hero phase, on top of any other wounds heal
>D3+1 wounds for every monster in that formation

So, how do I beat these? This shit is insane. It's literally "Keep them in the Bubble to Win: The Army".
>>
>>47589894
>No Nipples

AND DROPPED LIKE IT'S FUCKING HOT.

Even the Medsua model got nipples.
>>
I miss tomb kings
>>
>>47594485
>what is green stuff
>>
>>47594485
Plants don't have nipples, they're not mammals.
>>
>>47594492
Thing is, they don't fit. They're undead and Nagash is a God, it's hard enough justifying how the Strigori aren't being owned by him.

So I keep hoping they'll come back. Or something will come back. Remember, GW has every reason to give a relaunch.
>>
File: ultra reee.jpg (46 KB, 375x592) Image search: [Google]
ultra reee.jpg
46 KB, 375x592
>>47594557
>is humanoid
>even the old Dryads had wood knots for nipples
>b-b-but it's a plant so :^) No nipples

Then make it look like a fucking plant, don't make it a wood covered human.
>>
>>47594492
I still have them all in a bag.
>>
>>47594414
The formation only works with those Terrorgheists/Zombie Dragons that are *not* mounted, but only the mounted versions have the d3 regen.
>>
>>47594629
The wood is covering their nipples silly ;^)
>>
>>47594828
Regardless, they are some seriously good shit.
>>
>>47594414
deploy more models. you can also try psychological attack by calling him waac faggot
>>
>>47595183
Only way I can win is by going Seraphon and summoning him into oblivion. I won't win on the Battleshock phase... But Oldblood on Carnosaur MIGHT be able to force D3 of his b est models to flee if I manage to kill one of them. Or could go Nagash and out summon him anyway.

The problem is his units like Zombie Dragons and Terrorghiests. Plus synergy bubbles.
>>
>>47594414

How come the armies with old ass models and with no new models in their release (like Lizardmen and Flesh Eater courts) are the most imba in the game
>>
>>47594610
Then discard their old fluff. Death contains no less than three necromantic assholes from ancient not-Egypt. There's wacky Mortal Kombat-esque shit like blood rivers, Hell mouths, and literal corpse rain, Is GW telling us that pyramids full of mummies just wouldn't be believable in Spoop Land? You're telling me Arkhan the Black doesn't have some Death Pyramids in the Ash Deserts of the Wraithlands somewhere?

They could have at left the Sphinx and the Knights. Those were bad ass.
>>
>>47595606
>old ass models
>no new models

Lizardmen got one of the largest 8th updates, what the fuck you on about?

>>47595848
The odd thing is, the Sphinx is mentioned in one of the novels. It's odd as fuck. So my guess is, they'll return. Or not. Who knows. Does it matter any more? Elves lost some of their models and we know for a fact they ain't gone.
>>
How long does it take to build a miniature? Not paint, just build
>>
>>47596459
Depends on the miniature.
Also depends on how much much flash or mold lines there are.
>>
>>47596459

How long is a piece of string? It depends on the mini, what tools you've got, and if you production line a whole unit.

Taking your time, maybe 10-20 minutes if you sit down and do one infantry, including cleaning mold lines and waiting for glue to dry.
>>
>>47596542
>he waits for the glue to dry
What a big girl's blouse.
>>
>>47596628
Sure do. Mostly I production-line it though, so it's not like I sit around twiddling my thumbs and watching a GW GlueTimer (tm)
>>
File: Skaven Assassin.jpg (759 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Skaven Assassin.jpg
759 KB, 1024x732
>>47596970
Hot OC for WHQ coming through, help me pick it apart I will say that the Renown ability is boring and I'm looking for some help to jazz that up, I'll eventually make up a skaven plague priest card too...skaven player trying to explore the tower of tzeentch with my ratmen
>>
>>47597264
I like it, but extra renown ability is freakin op
>>
>>47591293
Since it's still the hero phase and you have priority, can't the summoned courtier do its thing as well?

I'd take a ZDragon general and a Tgiest king in the same army anyway since they both have good spells.
>>
>>47597315
Honestly I kind of threw it in there i wasn't too sure where to go with the renown compared to everything else.
>>
>>47591667
>>47591190
I got more done this morning. Only need to do the named characters, command barge, fliers and lords of war.

Flayed Ones - A unit of Flayed Ones has 5 or more models.
-Move 4"
-Wounds 1
-Save 5+
-Bravery 10

-Melee Weapons-
-Flayer Claws - 1", Attacks 2, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend - , 1 Wound

-Reanimation Protocols: If a model in this unit suffers a wound ignore it on a 5+, 6+ for a mortal wound.
-Flayed Alive: When a model with a pair of Flayer Claws wounds on a 6+ the attack has a rend of -2.
-A Gruesome Visage: Units within 3" of a Flayed One unit must reroll successfuly Battleshock rolls.
-Infiltrate: You may set up this unit within a piece of terrain and more than 12" from any enemy models.
>>
>>47597974
Deathmarks - A unit of Deathmarks has 5 or more models.
-Move 5"
-Wounds 1
-Save 5+
-Bravery 10

-Ranged Weapons-
-Synaptic Disintegrator - 24", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend -1, 2 Wounds

-Melee Weapons-
-Synaptic Disintegrator - 1", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 5+, Rend -, 1 Wound

-Reanimation Protocols: If a model in this unit suffers a wound ignore it on a 5+, 6+ for a mortal wound.
-Ethereal Interception: When deploying this unit you can put it off to one side and say they're in Hyperspace. During either players turn you may set this unit up anywhere on the board at least 9" away from any enemy models.
-Hunters from Hyperspace: During the turn this unit is set up you may immediately fire your weaponry with a +1 to To Hit and To Wound rolls.
>>
>>47598035
Canoptek Wraiths - A Canoptek Wraith unit has 3+ models.
-Move 12"
-Wounds 4
-Save 4+
-Bravery 10

-Ranged Weapons-
-Particle Caster - 12", Attacks 3, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend - , 1 Wound
-Transdimensional Beamer - 12", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend -1, D3 Wounds

-Melee Weapons-
-Wraith Claws - 1", Attacks 3, To Hit 3+, To Wound 3+, Rend -1, 2 Wounds
-Whip Coils - 2", Attacks 2, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend - , 1 Wound

-Wraith Form: A unit of Canoptek Wraiths ignore the rend special rule.
-Wraith Flight: A unit of Canoptek Wraiths ignore terrain and enemy models when moving. Must end move at least 3" away from an enemy model.
>>
>>47598075
Destroyers - A unit of Destroyers has 1 or more models. 1 in every 3 models may be a Heavy Destroyer.
-Move 8"
-Wounds 3
-Save 3+
-Bravery 10

-Ranged Weapons-
-Gauss Cannon (Destroyer only) - 16", Attacks 3, To Hit 3+, To Wound 3+, Rend -1, 1 Wound
-Heavy Gauss Cannon (Heavy Destroyer only) - 24" Attacks 2, To hit 4+, To Wound 4+, Rend -2, 3 Wounds

-Melee Weapons-
-(placeholdername) - 1", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 4+, Rend - , 1 Wound

-Gauss: When a model with a Gauss weapon wounds on a 6+ the unit suffers a mortal wound as well as any normal wounds.
-Anti-gravity Thrusters: A unit of Destroyers can fly.
-Hatred For Everything: A unit of Destroyers can reroll failed To Hit and To Wound rolls of 1.
>>
>>47596157
Sphinxes were mentioned before they axed them though. Not that they didn't have that planned ahead a long time before though.
>>
I booted up Total War: Warhammer today.

After two hours, I realized I was going to quit Age of Sigmar entirely. I've been sticking on, I've liked the models, I've played the games, and it simply can't give me that feeling that Fantasy did and still does even when it's from a different company and it never will. I've been deluding myself and spent a ton of money on trying to capture something that was already there. I'm rebasing my old Wood Elves back to square and starting over.

Maybe I'll do ebay links or something later. Mostly starter kit stuff + more Sigmarine releases, tabletop standard. Bye, everyone.
>>
>>47598300
Play kings of war, it's really fun!
>>
>>47598103
You know, you should add a few lines of fluff and a few pics like that one dude did with tyranids ("cosmic horrors") and post it to the FB. I'm sure they'll like it.
>>
>>47594492
If you have them and want a nice backstory, check mengel miniatures' website the endless deserts.
>>
>>47598300
Thats a shame to hear. Oh well, make sure you put up the link to ebay here, and i hope you have fun in your future endevors, whether they be in the old world or beyond
>>
Which weapons do you guys think I should give to my varanguard? going to have 5 or 6 of them, and they're rolling along with archaon on horse and my khorne bros.
>>
File: Not Malus Darkblade.png (1 MB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Not Malus Darkblade.png
1 MB, 1024x732
I got a few more done if anyone cares
>>
>>47598970
Just for shits and giggles, can you make a Tomb King card?
>>
>>47598970
i do! keep em comin
>>
File: Wight King.jpg (722 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Wight King.jpg
722 KB, 1024x732
>>47598970
>>
File: Chaos Sorceror Lord.png (1 MB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Sorceror Lord.png
1 MB, 1024x732
>>47599002
Sure why not, It'll be blank for abilities though
>>
>>47598300
So let me get this straight, you were playing twwh and got a feeling that AoS couldn't provide, that frankly, 8th edition wasnt able to provide either?

So you are quitting tabletop for video gaming?

I've played twwh, and it's great. But it doesn't scratch the same itch that tabletop wargaming does. When I play twwh, i do get the feeling that i miss the old world, but then I remember the sort of bullshit that whfb was and am comfortable keeping with AoS. I like both settings but for different reasons. Playing AoS though made me realize how much I didnt like whfb.
>>
>>47599078
This is exactly how I feel. I'm nastalgic for the old world, and twwh scratches that itch perfectly for me. AoS feels fresh and it's great how there's no "you have to play X way" that 40k has and whfb had.
>>
File: Knight Azyros.png (1 MB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Knight Azyros.png
1 MB, 1024x732
>>47599046
>>
>>47599078
>>47599142
its also more likely hes just a shitposter trying to provide a scenario to make for the argument that TW:WH's success means AoS is a failure, or something stupid like that.
>>
File: stormcastWIPCollage.jpg (250 KB, 1338x786) Image search: [Google]
stormcastWIPCollage.jpg
250 KB, 1338x786
First Stormcast, gave him a marine head because I like faces.
>>
File: Tombking.png (1 MB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Tombking.png
1 MB, 1024x732
>>47599002
>>
>>47599304
That had fits the body surprisingly well. It looks very natural.
>>
>>47599304
I really like it. It really fits. Good paintjob too.
>>
>>47599328
*head
>>
>>47599078
>that frankly, 8th edition wasnt able to provide either

That's not what I said. In fact, I'd say 8th could provide that feeling, but it hit a slump before the End Times release which meant I just got fewer games in and that discouraged me. AoS got released and I could game again and I thought that was more than enough, or at least said so, but it was never the same kind of thing.

TWWH just made me realize it wasn't and was never going to be - it's determined to be something completely different, less fleshed out and less detailed with no clear maps. And I get the idea, players can make more things up on their own. But it means battles feel less like they're taking place somewhere more solid and real and important when realms are nigh-infinite and undetailed and you just move from battle to battle, never getting a sense for how anyone can live in these strange worlds. Even when we made up storylines we were painfully aware of rules like "pick which Realm you fight in" and how it was all made up by us, for us - not something we could share with other players like a good after-action report or battle report from the Old World, where even a random pitched battle still draws on a history of how the armies have fought and what each is fighting for in a larger sense, even if you don't decide on any specific narrative.

I look at a unit of Empire halberdiers in Warhammer Fantasy, I instantly get all of the stuff that I found missing - it feels more real and important and solid than giant suits of armor teleporting everywhere.

I've already found three groups near me who are reviving the old world at the table thanks to the interest from TWWH, and my elves are going to fight for Athel Loren instead of being in one realm today and another the next fighting battles that ultimately feel more pointless, especially since there's a storyline and Gav Thorpe has as good as told us that the Stormcast Eternals are going to win. That's about that.
>>
File: IMG_4996.jpg (176 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4996.jpg
176 KB, 1200x1600
>>47598970
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
>>
>>47589853
Does anyone else get tired of moving so many models around?
I literally just use monsters at this point, either five hydras or three demon princes.

>>47594485
>medusa
Easily one of the best models in the range, it's a shame they sucked.

>>47591515
>They're Aelfs.

Fuck i hope they drop that name soon.
>>
And there's also the community. The AoS community is incredibly negative, sorry to say. A lot of it is just to do with people being hurt from the inevitable "edition war" fighting, but it's everywhere and even the most basic post about the game gets accusations of shitposting or stirring up trouble unless it's completely free of any real content beyond vaguely liking Sigmar. Warhammer has never had super positive communities but the Sigmar one is just acidic. After decades of the game I can't remember things being this toxic all the time for any other Warhammer, 40k included.

So, yeah. That's part of it too. But mostly it's that AoS is not and doesn't want to be anything like old Fantasy, and I'm accepting that by quitting AoS instead of giving up on old Fantasy like many people do. C'est la vie, goodbye, etc.
>>
>>47599328
>>47599349

Thanks!

Photos are taken from his 'good side', the one with an ear instead of a shaved-down marine earpiece (wasn't going to try to sculpt an ear on a starter-set liberator), but after seeing the silver tower warrior priest I knew I wanted to put bald marine heads on my stormcasts.

Current project will just be painting up and basing the
>9 other liberators
>3 retributors
>lord celestant,
>knight questor
>warrior priest & gryph-hound

and after that's done I'll see if I want to stick with stormcasts or grab some sylvaneth.
>>
So i used to play fantasy, and recently got back into warhammer only to hear that fantasy is dead. but the store I go to still carries fantasy models so I gotta ask, wtf is the deal with age of sigmar? are you still allowed to use all the old fantasy armies? just with new rules? do they still print army books for those armies? or is it basically just demons vs sigmar dudes.

I heard Bretonnia and tomb kings got discontinued entirely, and that made me a sad panda.

also the guy was trying to explain to me the combat system in AoS, apparently you can choose who gets wounded by your attacks? and in certain situations prevent the enemy from attacking back entirely? how do you guys feel about this, sounds pretty fucking gay to me.
>>
>>47599433
>it's determined to be something completely different, less fleshed out and less detailed with no clear maps

AoS has existed for about a year, anon. If you expect a setting which took 35 years to be fleshed out to be done in a year, then it's your fault. 1st and 2nd Edition WHFB, I keep telling people, had next to no fluff at all. Yet somebody AoS is expected to have the same level as WHFB was after 35 years?

WHFB, unfortunately, was severely limited. Outside of specific campaigns, everything was stuck in Not!Europe. Lustria Campaign was the only campaign that was outside of Europe, even Albion, was 'Europe'. The places we fought in? They were just as made up as WHFB was.

Go look at the map of say, Lizardmen's 7th edition Lustria, then compare it with 8ths. You'll suddenly see dozens of new locations, which have no actual expansion on than "they're there, lol". What's the point? It's the same shit as Age of Sigmar.

Had WHFB spread to Cathay, Ind, Nippon and actually gave us some proper Kislev stuff (yes, we got a minor campaign and units, but proper) it might have felt more 'worthwhile'.

Ever since 3rd edition, WHFB was 'holding back the darkness'. That was it. Chaos ALWAYS wins. That was the entire point. GW tried to end the setting with Storm of Chaos, but it didn't happen.

>there's a storyline and Gav Thorpe has as good as told us that the Stormcast Eternals are going to win

So, just like Chaos was going to win since 3rd edition? How is this anything different? Also, got a link for that quote?

As for your comments on TWWH, it's flawed in so many ways it hurts. Equipping a weapon doesn't change my models appearance. Why? DoW managed it, why not TW? Corruption completely fucks your progress up and as Undead it's near impossible under such relentless attacks to maintain multiple armies to keep places in order. It also has problems with shit like Karl Franz refusing to use Ghal Maraz until BfBFP is done? Yet he's used it since the tutorial?
>>
>>47599568
Read the OP.

Rules are now free, and in it. Your old models likely have rules.
>>
File: brets are back.jpg (67 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
brets are back.jpg
67 KB, 528x960
>>47599568
>I heard Bretonnia and tomb kings got discontinued entirely, and that made me a sad panda.

Tomb Kings? Likely. Bretonnia? No. As for your question, yes. Every army has FREE rules on their website. Even Tomb Kings. The model ranges have been scrapped, but so have a lot of other models. Ork in 40k, High Elves and so on.
>>
>>47599433
Let me explain that feeling for you. It's nostalgia. You have nostalgia for the setting, not the game.

So you are quitting AoS because the setting doesn't feel the same as the old world.

>>47599516
You have to realize the acidity in the AoS community is pretty much at fault of the seething hatred outside of the community. I have never had to defend why I like thing so much than in any other game I played. It's difficult to cope with sometimes and we just get fucking sick of the bullshit the other side constantly slings our way. Unfortunately it has come to a point at times where it is incredibly easy to troll us at times. This is discouraging because we can't just be left alone to enjoy the thing we like. So you can understand why we get so defensive at times.

Not telling you to stay. Just telling you that your full of shit for even posting this other than to try to bring our attention to "twwh is good, aos is dum"
>>
>>47599568
>>47599516
Similar writing style, post time is sufficient....
>>
>>47599651
>>47599662
oh ok thats not nearly as bad as everyones been going on about then. you can still use all your old armies. the guy at the store was explaining the lore to me and from what I gathered he made it sound like everyone had been wiped off the face of the earth and only chaos was left. So I thought it was just Chaos vs Sigmar. but if I can still use my vamp counts I might get into this. Its basically warhammer fantasy with 40k style game play right?
>>
>>47599723
nah were different guys.
>>
>>47599745
Technically chaos did win (as it was inevitable with the way the old world setting was set up) and everything but chaos got wiped out.

But then the mortal realms formed out of the winds of magic and mortal races similar to those on the old world appeared on it. That's what AoS is set on today.

It's more like planeswalkers than anything, with a heavy dose of mythic fantasy over the dark fantasy of old warhammer.
>>
File: Grimwrath Berserker.png (1 MB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Grimwrath Berserker.png
1 MB, 1024x732
>>47599484
And I love that whisky!

In case there's some new fa/tg/uys to the thread I've been shooping some of the app heroes using the data from here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dkW9LGPn62Tvecl-ulz2U5aqSvyu-7XtGe9WWhNBIV0/edit#gid=0
So anyone want to help me figure out a fun renown ability for my OC guy in >>47597264
>>
>>47599745
It's a long ass story. Chaos won as was always going to happen. Lizardmen fucked off into space. Eight lores of magic fused with different heroes in WHFB and they tried to stop Chaos but failed. These beings were gods by then. They survived the world exploding. Sigmar rescued them. Landed on the worlds the 8 lores made. They prospered until Chaos turned back and wanted to corrupt it. Sigmar help allaince together until Nagash got tricked into leaving. It crumbled. Sigmar fled and basically made his own Chaos Warriors, but for Order. He now is trying to wrestle the worlds connecting points, Realm Gates, from Chaos so the various powers that be can unite and kick Chaos out.

It's basically a much simplified base game, with the depth in every unit and weapon doing something different. It's not for everybody but was done due to WHFB not being popular enough (I got this confirmed by WHFB way before End Times, I tried to find the email I got but couldn't) and basically GW wanting to make a introductory hobby game.

People hate it because people read Lexicanicum and 1d4chan and liked WHFB, despite never supporting it. Those who did, hate it because it isn't WHFB. Those who like it are hounded and hated for liking it. This makes it fertile shitposting fuel.

I played both 8th, 9th and AoS. Plus 40k. 1d4chan has a long run down of the events if you're legit interested, but forgive me for thinking you're not.
>>
>>47599616
pretty sure anon is confusing with guy haley who basically DID say sigmarines will win but

it's guy haley
>>
>>47599884
Was it an opinion or an actual statement of the story? Either is fine with me.

You know what I think will happen?

>Sigmar duels Archaon
>Archaon beats Sigmar
>Sigmar dies/mortally injured
>Archaon picks up Ghal Maraz
>Archaon remembers who he used to be
>Archaon realises Sigmar was right when he said he could have defeated Chaos forever had he stayed true
>Archaon then uses Ghal Maraz against Chaos
>Chaos is defeated and Archaon becomes Dieter again then dies

Or some shit like that.
>>
>>47599954
This wouldnt surprise me at all, and it kinda pisses me off. GW has such a huge boner for archaon that even if they want order to eventually win, they can't let archaon lose. so they would pull off something like that.
>>
>>47599616
>only existed for a year

You're determined not to get it, so let's spell it out.

How much did Fantasy's history "change" aside from some retcons over those thirty+ years? Not a lot, really. A lot of the stuff from the very first books is still in the very last ones. But it still had a sense of every faction having a history with each other.

Age of Sigmar deliberately begins with no one knowing who the Stormcast Eternals are and with every new battle being basically totally new - except for high-level stuff like who Sigmar doesn't like among the gods, it's a faction with no history EVEN IN THE SETTING. And it's done this way deliberately. And even though a lot of the other factions should have histories, most of them just kind of don't, or it gets glossed over.

So it's not "35+ years" versus "one year", it's one setting deciding to evoke a sense of place and time and the other one deciding not to from the very beginning. Whether one has a longer publishing history doesn't change that, that's just how it really is because the games want to be totally different.

So is it "nostalgia" that I'm feeling for the old world? Sure. But AoS doesn't even try to be a setting that exists outside of people fighting each other at random with histories of rises and falls. The War of the Beard existed in Warhammer Fantasy in every edition. In AoS, the closest we have is... some gods being nostalgic (there's that word again) for how the Old World used to be so they fight over that now. That's about the closest we get.

It was cool at the very start, when they gave Sigmar a bit of history with Gorkamorka and the other Gods, but gods aren't factions you're playing. It might as well be unrelated drama. And AoS just stopped doing that for the most part soon after.

AoS just has a completely different way of doing things and after almost a year I've decided it's not for me - and behold it's "nostalgia" (as if that were bad) or trolling or something.

No ebay for you.
>>
>>47599954
well he is a writer for Age of Sigmar so even if its his personal opinion its going to be in the game
>>
>>47598425
I'm just really bad with photoshop.

Fluff I can do, would just take some time.

But yeah, end goal is to get it out there and then start another army. Just need to find someone to make it look pretty.
>>
>>47599802

These cards give me a raging boner. I hate the app, and am going to print these out on a nice glossy cardstock at work.
>>
>>47600025
>How much did Fantasy's history "change" aside from some retcons over those thirty+ years? Not a lot, really.
No, it didn't change very much, but it had 30+ years of definition and exposition, where AoS has only had 1. People who complain about how 'shallow' aos is don't understand this.

AoS is also different than old world because it is a completely different tonal change. The old world was dark fantasy mixed with swords and sorcery, while AoS is high fantasy mixed with mythic fantasy. To say one is superior to the other, is merely saying you find one more interesting than the other.
>>
>>47600159
No one said the word "superior" except you, just now. You're crying over your own salt.

Completely on a different note: Old World was "low fantasy" but had awesomely powerful magic and wizards. Age of Sigmar is "high fantasy" but has weenies waving wands for tiny buffs. This still weirds me out and I didn't exactly sniff magic dice for purple vortice highs.

Regardless, time to make like I'm selling deathsticks and go rethink my life.
>>
>>47600025
Ebay poster here, I had nothing to do with that other guy. I like the old world as much as the new one, so I dont care if you quit or not. Its your choice, and in the end, it makes sense why youd like it.
>>
>>47600228
So why are you telling us this? If you are sick of AoS, you can just, you know, leave. You think we are going to just miss you after a while so you feel the need to explain why you are leaving? This is an anonymous board. We don't give a fuck who you are any more than you care who I am.

I'll tell you why you decided to give us you sad little story. To stir shit up. Consider yourself successful. We have been trolled. Congratulations.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>47600228
Warhammer fantasy wasn't low fantasy, it was all high fantasy.
It was just grim dark high fantasy.
>>
>>47600325
You're the shit that will kill Age of Sigmar as a community and the game will never love you like you want it to
>>
>>47599685
Pretty much this. There woudn't be near as much 'acidity' in this community if we didn't have so much of it flung our way on a daily basis.
>>
>>47600025
Funny, you said you were leaving, yet you're still here.

But, it's not for you, that's cool anon. I'm sorry to hear it. Kings of War got a lot of people from WHFB. 9th age is still going. Or you can just stick with vidya.

I could argue all night about this, but there is no point, I don't want to change your mind. You have come to this conclusion yourself. That's perfectly valid. You have stated your opinion, made it clear, and now you should leave.

If you enjoy TWWH more than AoS, cool. I enjoy it as well. The two are not mutally exclusive things. There is lots of stuff I don't like, such as unique buildings being extremely rare and no bonuses for building in lore related areas. Why doesn't Zhufbar have a special artillery/gyrocopter bonus when Karak-a-Karak has High Kings Room bonus and Karak Kadrin have Great Slayer Cult Temple? Sure, lots of places can build Arsenals or whatever, but it doesn't make anything feel unique.

Upkeep makes the game boring as fuck as you can't expand and spend 100+ turns building up an economy just to support another stack, by then Chaos is coming to buttfuck you. All the time Corruption has fucked over your areas and marching in to clear them doesn't solve the issue. You can have +70 untainted in an area and only reduce it by 1% a turn. Yet 7 can reduce your 100% to 90% in 10 turns. If your Vampire area isn't 100%, good luck maintaining order.

>>47600047
Matt Ward also has lots of opinions on things which didn't reflect the game. But StormCast winning is not a big surprise for me.

>>47600022
Yup. I think it's been totally foreshadowed, with the End Times scene of Sigmar going "you could have killed Chaos itself Dieter, but you got corrupted" and with the art work of Archaon reaching for Ghal Maraz in AoS.
>>
>>47599802
just double checked my app. The berserker actually has another weapon: Fyresteel Throwing Axe (4+) 4+/1.

Dont know why nobody has pointed it before...
>>
>>47600372

Fuck, its also a range: Missile, i forgot..
>>
Random question;

How does one even get to write for Black Library or GW? I've been on BL website and can't see shit. I'd assume you'd need to send in samples or something, or perhaps already need to be published, but it'd be neat to write some stuff, both AoS and 40k.
>>
Grimwrath Berserker.png
1 MB, 1024x732
>>47600118
I'm glad you guys like them I was making them for myself for the same reason
>>47600372
Boom! Fixed! Thanks for the heads up
>>
>>47600488

Thx man, you are awesome...
>>
>>47600474
Try asking http://a-40k-author.tumblr.com/
>>
File: Card back.png (2 MB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Card back.png
2 MB, 1024x732
>>47600541
Hey thanks have a card back!
>>
>>47600818

Apreciate it man¡¡¡... another thing i just spotted :S... His save its 5+ not 4+.
>>
>>47600557
Thanks anon!

>go to link
>scroll down
>see this

>Okay yeah I'm kinda being /that person/ when I say this but don't you think it's kinda unfair to female 40k players that submitted intros to you to tag it all battlebrothers? like... yeah sure you could say that nonspacemarine players are also getting giped. but you gotta know that I'm a trans woman and you posted my intro, so now that's it's tagged with something so masculine (albeit nothing short of what I dealt with in a deathwatch campaign) I just wanted to give a shoutout to my sisters?

FUCK SAKE EVERY FUCKING TIME FUCK YOU FUCKING FUCK

>TRANS WOMAN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also, don't you need an account to ask a question? If so, fuck that.
>>
>>47600918
What the hell was he/she/it/zhe/whateverthefuck referring to? And what did the author change?

Also
>expecting anything different from tumblr
>>
File: tNRFPog.jpg (102 KB, 760x760) Image search: [Google]
tNRFPog.jpg
102 KB, 760x760
>>47600818
Aw fuck yeah, these are going to look awesome.
Fuck spending a shitload of money on the foil cards.
>>
>>47600918

http://a-40k-author.tumblr.com/ask you should be able to ask anonymously, he seems to have it set.
>>
Grimwrath Berserker.png
1 MB, 1024x732
>>47600913
Crap i hella missed that
>>
File: malignants.jpg (57 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
malignants.jpg
57 KB, 600x620
I recently decided to get into AoS with the Malignants starter set. My question is, where do I go from here? From what I understand, I'll be able to play a match as soon as I finish the kit, but I don't really know what I want to add to my army other than Mannfred, thanks to Total War. Any recommendations?
>>
Is there a starter set for the dwarves?
>>
>>47601031

ok, that should be perfect. now i just have to w8 like two weeks more until my copy of the game comes. Sucks, i pre ordered it 1 week before release... Damn it.
>>
>>47601139
Not yet. I wouldnt expect it until the grungni duardin get their own spotlight and battletome. That would include some repacks.
>>
>>47601191
Should I hold out for it, or just buy the dwarves now?
also, if i plan on buying the dwarves, should I go ahead and get the general starter kit? I have no other merch.
>>
>>47601208
unless you have an interest in collecting stormcast eternals or khorne bloodbound, the starter set isn't necessary at all. The rules are free so it doesnt even provide anything useful like that. People just get it to split the minis with someone.

I wouldn't hold your breat for the duardin start collecting set. There have been no solid rumors about it coming, so not for a while i don't think.

Start buying a few sets now (like a hero and a troop) then built an paint them to get the ball rolling, and slowly build up your army. You don't need to get it all at once, especially with AoS. This is a hobby afterall.
>>
Can someone recommend some good general paints to buy for a starter?
Trying to keep costs down if possible.
>>
So hey everyone, I've been avoiding this game for what seems like ages, but yesterday my resolve failed and I decided to go all in and buy myself the Maw-krusha / Gordrakk kit. Now I haven't played any AoS, and the last time I even looked at orcs was when I was building a Spider tribal goblin army.

So my first question is, can goblins still work in AoS?
Question number two, what seems to be the best stuff to bring with them besides arachnorok spiders (of which I have 3)?
Question three, if goblins are not viable what would you consider bringing other than the big mother on the dragon?
>>
>>47601280
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-Build-Paint-Set-US

These paint pots are a little smaller than the real ones, but it gives you a good range of paints, and a brush, and clippers, so bonus.

Even with smaller pots, they should last you a while if you treat them properly.
>>
File: Battlemage.png (1 MB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Battlemage.png
1 MB, 1024x732
>>47601153
Ouch, well just in case you don't get it here's the Battlemage card
>>
>>47601340
Awesome. Is this all I need to begin constructing miniatures, or are there any other items?
>>
When I first started I used apple barrel and Folk art because I was cheap. If you need to be cheap starting out I recommend those, but I also recommend that you spring from some vallejo thinner as those paints have notoriously thick pigments.
>>
>>47601353
A small blade for fine cutting and mold line scraping.

That kit even includes glue. For $33 its a good deal.
>>
>>47601384
>a small blade
Would a pocket knife do?
I'm never been an "Art" person and I'm terrible with my hands, so apologies if these are dumb questions.
>>
>>47590627
>No Battallions
>No more than 60 Wounds/Player
>No more than 2 each of the following keywords : Hero, Wizard, Monster and War Machine
>No Model with more than 12 Wounds
>No Units with more than 30 Wounds
>No more than 1 Duplicate unit (May not have the Hero keyword)

>all this instead of "1850 points"
>>
>>47601362
Every wargames hobbyist thinks theyve figured out a cheap way of painting minis with cheap craft paints. And some of them are even able to make it work, kinda.

But as it is always the case, they eventualy open up to real miniatures paints, and realize what theyve been missing and how much greener the grass is.

You don't have to buy citadel paints, but as long as it's actual miniatures paints, i would recommend it over cheap craft paints.

Vallejo
Army Painter
Reaper
P3

All better choices over cheap craft paints.
>>
>>47601393
Buy a scalpel handle and a bunch of scalpel blades, you'll want to be able to replace them somewhat frequently.

The blades will be thinner than even a dainty little pocket knife, and allow you to make cuts without forcing a huge wedge in the material.
>>
>>47591643
>"the full blossom of her war aspect"
>nearly naked lady riding a beetle
>>
>>47601393
More like an xacto knife or box cutter. Like the small box cutters where the segments break off when they get dull. Razor blade.
>>
a cheap one blade exacto knife will cost you 3-5 bucks if you buy from like walmart or something.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks AoS lore is kind of cool?
>>
>>47601521
no.
>>
Question, when buying certain kits, do the bases come with them?
>>
>>47601384
Also I would highly recommend getting another wash. Nuln Oil.

Agrax Earthsade (which is included), and Nuln Oil are both paints that are considered essentials for making your minis not look so cartoony
>>
>>47601488
No I agree, even though I have been going back to some of those for my airbrush stuff as it's the only good way to get some colors right. I personally upgraded to a full set of Vallejo and it's lasted me for years, but I understand that some people can't afford shit like that which is why I recommended the cheapo brands.
>>
>>47601551
Bases come with all the kits.

With some of the fantasy kits, though, they still come with old square bases. GW is slowly working through them all to replace the bases with round ones. But in AoS bases are really only there to hold the minis up because everything is measured model to model.
>>
>>47601016
Thanks anon. I have no idea what to do now. How does a potential reply work? Does it appear on his page? It says it sent, but dunno how to find out if he replied...
>>
>>47601634
I'm pretty sure he's in the UK so you'll need to wait for him to reply at a time that isn't quarter to five in the morning, as I imagine he's sleeping.

If he replies, it will appear as a post on the blog. You might need to scroll down to find it when you check.

>teaching 4chan users how tumblr works
>shit I didn't think I'd be doing today
>>
File: Ironjawz-Art-800x475-50kb.jpg (50 KB, 800x475) Image search: [Google]
Ironjawz-Art-800x475-50kb.jpg
50 KB, 800x475
>>47601298
bamp
>>
>>47600325
This general is about AoS discussion.
You're allowed to talk about why you don't like it.
>>
>>47601343
Is there an imgur or anything of these? I've been saving em all as best I can and I don't wanna miss one. You're doing gods work my man! Thank you!
>>
>>47601298
>So my first question is, can goblins still work in AoS?
Short answer: yes.
Long answer: Since there is no balancing or points system yet, it's hard to gauge how things are compared to the others. All we can do to gauge if something is good is if an army plays like it feels like it is supposed to and if there's some cool synergy between the heroes and units. And with goblins there are.
>Question number two, what seems to be the best stuff to bring with them besides arachnorok spiders (of which I have 3)?
Just grot spider riders and a grot big boss on giant spider.
>Question three, if goblins are not viable what would you consider bringing other than the big mother on the dragon?
For your ironjawz? 'Ardboyz and some brutes should give you a good base.
>>
>>47601934
Yeah, and he's allowed to be called a faggot for his obvious shit-stirring too.
>>
>>47601943
I don't have an imgur but I've made 16 so far plus the behavior card for the skeleton
>>
>>47602318
I'll see how many I have when I get home. Maybe I'll throw an album of all these together for people who miss the threads
>>
File: Grot Shaman.jpg (766 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Grot Shaman.jpg
766 KB, 1024x732
>>47602462
Sure, I'll do a quick dump before bed
>>
File: Assassin.jpg (710 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Assassin.jpg
710 KB, 1024x732
>>47602477
>>
File: Great Bray Shaman.jpg (814 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Great Bray Shaman.jpg
814 KB, 1024x732
>>47602498
>>
File: Grey Seer.jpg (708 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Grey Seer.jpg
708 KB, 1024x732
>>47602518
>>
File: Lord of Chaos.jpg (728 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Lord of Chaos.jpg
728 KB, 1024x732
>>47602528
>>
File: Lord of Plague.jpg (724 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Lord of Plague.jpg
724 KB, 1024x732
>>47602551
>>
File: Necromancer.jpg (724 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Necromancer.jpg
724 KB, 1024x732
>>47602566
>>
File: Skeleton Behavior.jpg (906 KB, 870x1292) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Behavior.jpg
906 KB, 870x1292
>>47602588
>>
File: Skaven Warlord.jpg (716 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Skaven Warlord.jpg
716 KB, 1024x732
>>47602607
>>
>>47602625
>>
File: Sorceress.jpg (708 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
Sorceress.jpg
708 KB, 1024x732
>>47602642
>>
Have a project in mind (Shyish-based Stormcast), but I can't find any possible synergy between Stormcast and Death units. Almost found some between Decimators and Banshees, but Decimators don't actually drop enemy units' bravery and instead add to their Battleshock rolls.

Is there anything I'm overlooking?
>>
>>47602607
Can we get a Archaeon card?
>>
>>47603055
He's doing the cards from the app. Archaeon doesn't have one because he's a giant fag.
>>
>>47601050
If you want to be an asshole you can get a couple necromancers and a ton of zombies. Start summoning and play the tarpit game.

The mortis engine makes the casting easier for your wizards, so caster spam is probably the way to go, and death wizards really excel at summoning

tl;dr become a mass summoning asshole
>>
i played warhammer as i kid and i saw this new game(i know people hate it because its the remnants of a greater game or w/e) but all this hate towards it its kinda turning me off it.

seem no one likes it and its a bad game a according to everyone on the internet.
wat do, do i invest money into it or just give it a pass and maybe try 40k
>>
>>47603604
>wat do
The intelligent thing would be to read its books and watch or read battle reports about the game before spending a cent. The OP has you covered.
>>
>>47603604
Simple. Is there a group of people playing it near you? If so, then get into it and fuck the haters and have fun.

If not, then don't bother.

It's pretty much the same for any game.

People just hate it because it is completely different than the game it replaced and they can't let it go. I used to play 8th edition whfb, and I am not looking back since I switched here.
>>
>>47603641
>>47603632

the main reason is people compare to a babies game, i know its easy to get into but i need like some long term skill,

easy to learn hard to master kind of thing, people dont think that it seems
>>
File: 1391153748879.jpg (17 KB, 264x292) Image search: [Google]
1391153748879.jpg
17 KB, 264x292
>>47603656
>i need like some long term skill
>easy to learn hard to master kind of thing
I don't think you should be looking on /tg/.

>>>/v/
>>
>>47603694
well im asking, is there long term play of it or is it a easy game that requires no thought its just im gonna run all my dudes into you then win
>>
>>47603656
They see a simple rule set on the surface and can't seem to realize there is more there.

Setting up combats for your opponent that may be hard to choose.
Knowing how to deal with the random turn order to where it will always work in your advantage.
Knowing how to manipulate combats and pull in outsiders with pile in moves.
How to remove units from combat and reduce the risks of combats through model removal in injuries.
Not to mention being familiar with all the different synergies between the heroes and units as well as their strengths and weaknesses.
Knowing the benefits of outflanking and surrounding enemy units without getting a flat bonus like you did in 8th edition

That's just a few of the things that the rules don't cover, but people soon realize the more they play the game.
>>
>>47602462
Took me long enough but here it is.

http://imgur.com/a/mgPZh

16 characters, 1 back and skelington for the necromancer!
>>
orruk wirdnob shaman card when you get a chance
>>
>>47603641
what age of sigmar army do you play?
>>
>>47604302
Duardin and stormcast eternals.

I am also slowly building a nurgle/pestilens force, but i havent played them yet.
>>
guys i have a few questions about the rules im not to sure about, maybe someone here can help

1. Rend, in 40k i believe rend means on a roll of a 6 to wound that roll made is a unsaveable wound resulting in a models removal. but in AoS it says -1. so does that mean they get minus 1 to they armor so a 5+ would become a 6+ and if their armor is a 6+ anyways they model is dead without a save.

2.weapons, some units like the blood warriors for khorne have multiple weapons; a goreaxe and goreglaive and the model it self has both equipped, so in combat do they get to attack with both weapons on the same combat phase so it would be 2 attacks with goreaxe then another two with goreglaive per model? or you declare what weapon you are using that turn whilst fighting.
thankyou for any clarifications
>>
>>47604368
Rend weakens their save, so if their save is 6+ and you hit with Rend 1, they need to roll a 7+ to save. They can only do this if they have some other bonus. If they don't, they effectively have no save.

It says in the section on attacking that a model attacks with every melee weapon it has equipped.
>>
>>47604368
>so does that mean they get minus 1 to they armor so a 5+ would become a 6+
yes

>so it would be 2 attacks with goreaxe then another two with goreglaive per model?
yes, if the model has both. sometimes options are listed, such as a line for two hand weapons and a line for a great weapon. In this case, since the model will only have one of the options it on, you use the line for the weapon that is on the model.
>>
>>47604368
don't think about 40k rend at all. its different in aos.

Rend reduces the targets armour save by the amount of the rend value.

IE: a weapon with a rend -1 wounds a target with a 4+ save. The target only gets a 5+ save roll because the rend reduced their rend 1 point.

Another example: A rend -2 weapon shoots a target with a 5+ save. The target would not get a save at all because when a 5+ armour save is reduced 2 points, it disappears. 5+ armour becomes 6+, which becomes nothing.

And on your second point, look at the wording of the description of the unit. Using the example of the blood warriors, here are your options:
all models have twin goreaxes
1 in every 10 can be equipped with a goreglaive instead

or

all models have a goreaxe and a gorefist
1 in every 10 can be equipped with a goreglaive instead
>>
File: images (91).jpg (5 KB, 188x194) Image search: [Google]
images (91).jpg
5 KB, 188x194
>>47603199
With GW toying with knowledge of his true name, why not an older model, this is age of slam afterall
>>
>>47604438
>>47604444
>>47604457
thanks for the clarification, cheers guys
>>
>>47604525
Cheers mate
Be aware that while most units are armed mostly identically (like "this whole unit is armed with Stormswords"), some can be armed per model, like Ironjawz Ardboys. Read carefully
>>
>>47601551
Tho I've noticed pink horrors are much happier on 32 then 25
>>
File: meme9700069588.jpg (60 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
meme9700069588.jpg
60 KB, 600x395
>>47601934
>>
does anyone know of a green stuff sculpting tutorial or guide?

I'm making an army of flesh eaters and I wanted to give my king and courtiers some ragged clothes, crowns and weapons to show that they used to be sane. I have a bunch of bitz left over from my old bretonnia army, but some stuff I'm going to need to make myself.
>>
File: 1465026003365-2002269592.jpg (515 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1465026003365-2002269592.jpg
515 KB, 1280x960
>>47601153
Lol i have 3
>>
>>47594485

Model could still have nipples

>>47594610

Ghouls are technically alive and as far as I'm aware Nagash has never been able to control undead with a will of their own like vampires or the upper hierarchy of the Tomb Kings.

To me it would be easy to have them as a group that both willingly and begrudgingly follows Nagash.

>>47599516

From what little I've seen, the AoS community has yet to become as bad as either 40k or Fantasy.

>>47599616

As far as geography goes I kind of get what they're talking about since I sort of share the same sentiment and feel it's lack is one of the things I don't like about AoS. Fantasy's geography was limited, but that wasn't a bad thing since things were clearly laid out and it forced either GW or you to work with what was given. It also helped via the RPG books to help convey that there was a greater world out there.

The boundlessness of the Realms and the way so far not much as been connected just seems like an excuse on GW's part to not try and learn to work better within their limitations. It also kind of makes very unlikely that GW will pay attention to anything besides the army aspects. AoS is good for the people who enjoy making up their own stuff and not having limitations that get in their way, but for people who like when a setting actually feels like it alive and can cope with boundaries it's not as great.

That GW never really expanded out of notEurope I'm not sure what you can really blame on. It could have been GW going were the sales where, it could have been them content with the number of armies that were in the game, it could have been Fantasy not bringing in enough to justify new armies.

Another aspect is that Fantasy was always more popular in Europe and seemingly among those with a historical bent, so I wouldn't be surprised if among some in GW and some players there was a bit of a tribalistic jerkoff session going on over faded glories.
>>
Anyone have any idea if ironbreaker and hammerer torsos are interchangeable with each other?
>>
>>47598103
Idk, why not ditch the melee weapon and give it -2 to hit like tzeentch disk
>>
>>47597974
>named characters, command barge, fliers and lords of war

Hmm why, pictured them as a dormant force that sigmars lighting turned on and named heros isn't much a thing as before..

And wouldn't a dormant force be different then an assault force. Monoliths sure but I'm not sure more then that
>>
So just finished converting Necrons and now moving onto Chaos Space Marines.

Would it be acceptable to have all regular Marines be 2 wounds each?
>>
>>47605314
Yeah, I did notice that they scrapped a shit load of named heroes. Oh well, got them done anyway.
>>
>>47605437
It would be ridiculous to not have at least 2 each.
>>
new to AoS, got skeleton horde starter kit. i bought an additional box of skeleton warriors so i can have them in a unit of 20, would there be any point to having the extra standard bearer and horn blower in the unit, or should i make the 10 additional skellingtons as rank-file spearmen? also does the standard bearer count as having a spear, or is he weaponless?
>>
>>47602518
this guy looks a bit weak
>>
>>47605626
They count as having a weapon.
>>
>>47605626
spoiler that shit. too spooky
>>
>>47605626
no, go with 17 rank and file, one champ, one horn blower and one standard bearer
>>
>>47591543
Say it to the face of my dragonlord, you homophobe
>>
File: green stuff.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
green stuff.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47604731
Here ya go.
>>
>>47605795
thanks, famalam
>>
File: tumblr_nwr9yhZCEN1tn7fu1o1_540.png (228 KB, 517x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwr9yhZCEN1tn7fu1o1_540.png
228 KB, 517x360
>>47600818
Holy shit, is that moonman?
>>
>>47601393
It won't unfortunately. The blade needs to be pretty thin, or you will have trouble.

I personally suggest getting some clippers, a cheap file set and a sharp modelling knife, like a scalpel or something. The GW tools are decent quality, but they are really overpriced. Take a look at them to see what they are like, but then look for some elsewhere, you will most likely find the same stuff for cheaper.
>>
>>47606040
GW has had the laughing moon and sun thing since the 80s for their orcs and goblins and tzeentchian chaos folks.
It's the logo of the bad moons orc clan and the nightgoblins for example.
>>
File: tomcruise.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tomcruise.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
mfw not long until I get my proxy dark elf army with tits and ass everywhere
>>
>>47600818

I hope they release alternate heads like those in any LoC kit they come out with. Moonface especially.
>>
>>47589853
Is this game better than warhammer or nah
>>
File: 01.jpg (49 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
49 KB, 873x627
>>47606040
Yes, a little known facet of Tzeentch is that he is the God of white pride. He is the grandest wizard of all and of course renowned for his superior intelligence, much like whites.

Heil Tzeentch!
>>
>>47606423
Subjective. Unless you don't like it, in which case it's objectively worse or something. I have more fun playing AOS than I did WHFB, for all that one anonymous chucklefuck on the internet's opinion matters.

Remember, AOS can use any bases, but fantasy needs squares, so if you're not sure put minis on squares and you can try both games out.
>>
>>47606492
>so if you're not sure put minis on squares and you can try both games out.

I'd advise against this, square bases look like shit. In Fantasy you'll be using movement trays, so as long as the diameter of your circular base is consistent with the length and breadth of the corresponding square base you'll be good to go.

- Daemon player.
>>
>>47606040
I unironically enjoy the unaltered Mac Toniht commercials

They have a charm to them that's very enjoyable.
>>
>>47604508
There's an archaon on foot model
>>
Why did they make Age of Sigmar skirmish level?
>>
>>47607294
Did they? Where'd GW say that?
>>
>>47607294
People just buy less now that there's a super low barrier to entry and no standard point level like 40k. Doesn't mean it SHOULD be played that way
>>
>>47607193
If Sig marines can have wings, he can have his horse lol
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 261x193
>>47606452
>>
>>47598300
>Claims to be diehard WHFB fan
>Rebasing anything ever
>much less classic beautiful wood elf models

Either this never happened or absolute cuckoldry
>>
>>47603055
I can whip one up after work but it'll be mostly blank like the Tomb King card since I'm doing the WHQ app heroes
>>47603820
Noice! I'm glad to see other people are willing to use them
>>47604199
Yeah no but prob I'll post it when my shift is over
>>
>>47607606
Is there someone doing warscrolls like this? Would be very practical as the app is kinda clunky.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.