[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stat Me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 28
File: agatha heterodyne.jpg (108 KB, 720x494) Image search: [Google]
agatha heterodyne.jpg
108 KB, 720x494
Stat me, /tg/.
>>
Is this thing still going? I stopped reading when she ditched her cute green skirt and vest grab. Which was around page 20 I think.
>>
An artificer with an inner mantra that temporarily removes a GM-imposed de buff to crafting skills.
>>
>>47588632
It's got like a thousand pages or something. I stopped during the bear attack on the train.
>>
>>47588640
Currently they're underneath Paris, in the tunnels of the Mole People, looking for artifacts to counter the effects of the Time Stop. They found one of Van Rijn's Muses, who has informed them that Tarvek is not the true heir of the Storm King. (I'm guessing the entire house of Sturmvoraus is a bunch of pretenders to the throne.)
>>
>>47588617
Something that should have died with the rest of the shitty early 2000's webcomics like Dominic Deegan.

This is one of those IP's where I have no idea why anyone still likes them.
>>
>>47588881
I got into it because heroine was cute. Got tired and confused very soon though, but I still remember her fondly.
>>
>>47588838
You know it's a bit wacky when you put it like that.
>>
>>47588617
Insufferable Mary Sue.
>>
>>47588617
FIRST TELL ME THIS: ARE YOU STILL IN THAT GODFORSAKEN CASTLE?
>>
>>47588881
I read it as a part of my week routine. I don't remember how long ago did I start reading it. The art and the plot is mediocre at best. It has the same schedule as Gunnerkrigg Court, so when it updates I check Girl Genius as well, because why not.

I read Dominic Deegan too, but at some point I realized just how BAD it was and just crossed it out of my list of webcomics that I regularly check. I mean, when the author publishes a book coloured with copico markers, then you know that it's really shitty.
>>
I liked it when she was random nobody kidnapped by some evil science guy. I tuned out, I take it she endured some major power creeps since then? Being of some special lineage and all.
>>
It's an ok comic but I prefer Goblins. No I won't apologize for that.
>>
File: 2006-11-12-2.gif (367 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
2006-11-12-2.gif
367 KB, 700x1000
Remember this?
>>
>>47589022
Well she has a shitty last name and some mad mechanics skills now. Aswell as some powerful firends and enemies and the occasional possession.
>>
>>47589022
>I take it she endured some major power creeps since then?

Everyone did. Girl Genius is like one of those rotating-DM games where every week there's a new houserule or highly contrived situation to show off the DMPC of the week. It's not so much power creep as power-pass-the-parcel.
>>
>>47589024
Goblins IS horrendous shit.
But it's better than Girl Genius, so credit where it's due.
>>
File: GURPS IOU.png (2 MB, 1279x1740) Image search: [Google]
GURPS IOU.png
2 MB, 1279x1740
>>47588617
[Fnord]-point IOU alumnus.
>>
>>47588617
Am I supposed to know who this is?
>>
>>47589435
Probably not. I met a girl cosplaying her at a con once, I got the impression nobody else knew who she was.
>>
>>47589065
Oh my, I had forgotten everything. I'd still fuck that troll priest in a heartbeat.
>>
Stabdard Spark template: Quick Gadgeteering (Switchable; Temporary Disadvantage: Megalomania; Linked); Charisma 4; Artificer 4 (Switchable; Temporary Disadvantage: Megalomania; Linked).

Agatha' personal traits: a good amount of Allies, oodles of Enemies, Security Clearance*, IQ+4 (Only when heterodyning).

*Not exactly security clearance, but meant to represent how Heterodyne and Mongfish stuff works for her because of her blood/The Voice. Away from my books, so don't know how accurate this would be.
>>
>>47589435
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/ if you wish to see for yourself.
>>
>>47588984
Oh, that's LONG over. I am recognized by the castle as the true Heterodyne returned. But now the town is in a time stop that I escaped through a time portal, and I'm looking through the tunnels below Paris for a lamp to free Tarvek.
>>
>>47589065
Meh. They've been going in circles and re-using the same plots and jokes for so long it even makes Garfield look fresh.
>>
File: Why I read Girl Genius.jpg (125 KB, 700x1060) Image search: [Google]
Why I read Girl Genius.jpg
125 KB, 700x1060
Eh, fuck the haters.
>>
File: Why Girl Genius is Great.jpg (147 KB, 700x1056) Image search: [Google]
Why Girl Genius is Great.jpg
147 KB, 700x1056
>>47590118
Because GG is hilarious.
>>
>>47590129
>>47590118
It had and probably still has its moments, but I dropped it because of pacing problems. It started to drag around the castle arc and it started to seem like the Foglio's couldn't let gang get even half-way to solving one problem without introducing two more. It would have been nice to see something actually concluded before shit hit the fan again, and I guess I got escalation fatigue.
>>
>>47590118
Anyone who makes a Girl Genius movie needs to include this scene.
>>
>>47588632
>>47588640
I stopped somewhere after the Aaron Diaz cameo. Can't for the life of me imagine why I even read that much of this trainwreck. It's a horrible comic, and I regret ever reading it.
>>
>>47588995
I had a friend who read Sinfest. So I asked him if the rabid radical feminism didn't bother him. And he was like "oh, that's only like two strips a month". A few days later, he told me he had checked back in the archives. And for months, every single strip had been radfem garbage. He had no idea how he failed to notice, but somehow he did. He stopped reading then, though.

That's force of habit for you. Hell, I used to read CAD, and one day realized I hadn't laughed at a single strip for ages.
>>
>>47588617
Ass'n'Titties/10

Right?
>>
>>47590347
Oh, now I remember. Right after they exited the castle, and there was a gag about -I shit you not- weaponized clown pants. That's when I stopped reading. There's only so much lolrandumbXDXDXDXDXDXD I can take.
>>
>>47590317
Yeah the main problem is just the absolutely horrid pacing. They were in the castle for literal years if I remember correctly, and then the minute after they get out instead of resolving anything they throw in an abrupt time skip which adds even more plot threads and complications. I liked the comic but holy shit do they need to stop escalating things and move the damn plot along towards actually resolving some of the dozens of dangling plot threads.
>>
>>47589065
Yeah, I read that until the got bogged down in some dumbass chosen one plot with that Innocent guy/thing/whatevr
>>
>>47590428
>Yeah the main problem is just the absolutely horrid pacing.

This is true for damn near all long form webcomics, in my experience. Something about the seemingly infinite production possibilities of the internet just makes authors think they need to portrays every tiny, little thing that happens to characters.

The worst offender I've ever seen averaged an in-universe day per year. It was a zombie apocalypse comic, so it was extremely obvious. Lots of cognitive dissonance with the characters acting as if the world was over, yet no more than three days had passed, and the fucking power was still on.
>>
>>47590428
I've run into the same problem with El Goonish Shive. It took Shive an entire year to finish the MTG tournament arc.
>>
>>47590788
That's the sort of comic I refuse to read simply because of the name. Nothing with a name that shitty can be good.
>>
>>47590369
>That's force of habit for you. Hell, I used to read CAD, and one day realized I hadn't laughed at a single strip for ages.

I was this way with Questionable Content. Started out reading because the five days a week update schedule was nice and consistent, but realized after a couple weeks that I didn't actually give a shit about any of the characters and I had laughed at exactly zero jokes. The only thing I fucking laughed at was the fat chick's dad shooting himself in the head in the yard for how completely out-of-place it was.

These days I only catch the occasional QC thread on /co/ where it's just non-stop shitting on the comic. Apparently it's full of trannies and the artist has stabbed himself in the hands two or three times, and the tranny character is starting to look a lot like him.
>>
>>47590856
I enjoy it. To be fair: It started as a strip-a-day/joke-a-week comedy strip the author named after himself when he was in high school (15~ years ago). Over time it grew into its own thing with a rather robust plotline about a group of teens screwing around with magic and super-science while dealing with teen life and mostly keeping stuff secret, while powerful forces are actively trying to change the world around them. There's a hint that they'll be drawn into stuff eventually, but it's all about character development right now and has been for the last decade.(Their cast is not small).
>>
Is this comic better or worse than Bloomin' Faeries?
>>
Is the RPG ever coming out? At all? Fuck me, I was hyped to see that it was based on GURPS, but I am pretty sure that he just doesn't care at this point.
>>
>>47590856

I don't mind it. It's decent funny on occasion and I have to respect an artist who doesn't get up his own ass about it all. So many webcomic artists go straight from 'I'm a nobody' to 'Bow before me all, puny non-artists' the moment they get fans.

And let's be honest: I once read The Wotch (Though I abandoned it when I realized that even if transformation IS my fetish, everything about the comic creeped me the fuck out). My tolerance level for bullshit is pretty high.
>>
>>47590369
I used to read CAD too, God knows why. I dropped it shortly after Loss came out when I realized it just wasn't going to get better.

I thought about getting into Sinfest because of that cute devil girl, but now I know it's just the author's dumb preaching so I'll give it a miss.

I also used to read Dominic Deegan, Order of the Stick, Sluggy Freelance, Girl Genius, El Goonish Shive, hell, even Megatokyo. I stopped reading webcomics altogether about five or six years ago, and I'll be fucked if I could tell you what was going on in the comics when I stopped, or why I put up with them for as long as I did.
>>
>>47590962
I still like it. It's gotten bogged down with plot on occasion, and I wish Jeph would get off his soapbox, but it suits my sense of humour.

I got horribly bored of GG, though. Terrible terrible pacing problems. When they finally got out of Mechanicsburg and onto the train I found myself thinking "Yes! This is where they ditch 90% of the cast and write a story that goes somewhere based around three or four core characters!". And then the rest of the cast started being reintroduced and I lost interest again.

Volumes 1-7 are solid. Volumes 8 to 13 are where it slows down, possibly because they realized that once Agatha actually establishes herself there'll be no reason to keep writing adventures. Then there's the new book, which I might read at some point. Maybe.
>>
>>47591912
>>47590369

Even if you ARE super Feminist, his comics are some of the worst crap about.

I mean, it's telling with a complete lack of Irony that A) There is a giant, real, organized Illuminati-style conspiracy in the form of the Patriarchy rather than it being unfortunate habits that get passed along B) It's run by literally Satan.

...that's not going to help your supposed goal mate, to try and tell that story without the slightest hint of humour.
>>
>>47591970
To be fair, it's no worse than what Marvel's been doing lately.
>>
>>47592049

That's not really a point in either's favour so much as a loss for both.
>>
File: GG_TG.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GG_TG.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1080
>>47590405
>lolrandumb

Mad. The word you're looking for is "mad." As in "insane." That's what most sparks - or inventors - seem to be in Foglio's gaslightspace. Not mad in the SAN check sense, but in the humourous WTF sense. Like personal mechanical turkeys for Thanksgiving Day travel.
>>
>>47592160
Those two things are degrees of the same thing. And tolerance for that thing is subjective.
>>
>>47591647
All you need is a setting book to flesh the world out; mechanically, Sparks are easy to write out in GURPS (see >>47589712).
>>
>>47591912
>>47590369
>used to read CAD
I did too, but you know, I even read Least I Could Do for quite a long time. At some point I finally realized that I found most of their strips cringe worthy and not funny.

I was a teen back then and I was reading every webcomic that was presentable at the time. Shit, I even remember reading Suicide For Hire.
>>
>>47593764
I read LICD 'cus I thought it might have boobies in it. The art style of the second artist gave me that impression. Once I realized it didn't, I dropped it.
>>
>>47590428
Now that I think about it, that's pretty much why I dropped it too. I realized that I had absolutely no memory of the events that had happened or why the characters were there and just stopped reading one week when I forgot.

Also
>What is Sluggy Freelance?

(Ok this isn't as bad for this as GG but it's still pretty awful and I stopped reading it for pretty much the same reason, once the overarching narrative with HeretiCop became too convoluted)
>>
Stopped reading right at the point where they got out of the castle battle but Tarvek is still my spark husbando.
>>
>>47590962
>>47590788
>>47591912
I only like reading archives. The one I've been reading longest is something positive and I just check it once a year. It made me the messed up person I am today.

I used to read Girl Genius, Sexy Losers, El Goonish Shive, all that stuff as a young teen and they made me the person I am today, but... I don't know. Waiting all week for a few panels is too much for me.

I'm rereading S*P right now, though, because my life has been sucking lately.
>>
>>47590435
>>47590011
>>47589703
I stopped when they got angsty over the orc priestess whatever's "father" dying, even though she revived the MC from a pile of ashes with eyes in the first ten pages. I fucking hate when my comedy webcomics turn into contrived drama. It happens every fucking time.
>>
>>47588617
Fugly Foglio/10
>>
>>47588838
She just can't understand why the true heir would work with the heterodynes
>>
>>47592176

You're wrong. Madness is neither random nor idiocy, and while humour may be subjective, humourlessness and intolerance are objectively pitiable mental illnesses.
>>
>>47600002
The writer is clearly not mad, but it can appear to the reader that his depiction of "madness" is random and idiotic.
>>
>>47588617
GG has needed to be a movie since roughly half past FOREVER. Animated, live action; I don't even care anymore at this point.

Fucking Hollywood...
>>
hey there agatha, hows my dad doing? he still drawing you alright?
>>
>>47591647
ill tell you a secret anon, but you have to keep it a secret.
the girl genius gurps is closer to existence now than it has ever been. its coming.
>>
>>47600002

brevity is the source of wit, jackass. having that many words to explain a simple joke is really unlikely to be funny.
>>
>>47601471
... why must you get my hopes up, herr Victor...

give our regards to your folks.
>>
>>47600002

actually, if you're still there, can you do me a favor and explain to me why smug self-absorbed faux-literacy is a major personality point in nerds like you? it's a super popular attitude to have and I've never been clear to why you all tolerate one another breathing.
>>
>>47601677
i do it because i care.

will do anon
>>
File: ggmain20050513.jpg (146 KB, 700x1074) Image search: [Google]
ggmain20050513.jpg
146 KB, 700x1074
>>47588617
Man, it's such a shame. I actually love the /concept/ of Girl Genius, where being a mad scientist is something you're just born with and every spark has their own flavor. It's neat!

But damn, the pacing. The pacing is so, so bad, and they never actually accomplish everything. I finally dropped it when I spent months reading about the siege on the castle and we were completely denied any closure; that's just insulting to the audience and a waste of my time.

Those Jagermonsters were fucking awesome, though
>>
>>47589114
Just because it's terrible doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable. That sentiment doesn't apply to GG though.
>>
>>47588617
Bloated comic that needs to have a satisfying end/10
>>
>>47601936
This! Imagine having a PC party of sparks and all the shenanigans they would get into!
>>
>>47601284
I understand Hollywood's standards are low, but I hope they haven't fallen far enough to touch GG of all things.
>>
>>47602794
It would all be CG.
Perhaps it's for the best that Hollywood has overlooked Girl Genius.

Starring Peter Dinklage as Krosp, Emperor of All Cats.
>>
>>47603367
>>47601284
Has there EVER been a webcomic adapted into a movie? Hell, has there ever been a webcomic adapted into ANYTHING? It's got an overstuffed plot and cast and it's taken forever to establish all the gazillion plot threads it already has. What about GG seems ripe for a movie adaptation in the first place? Is there even a single feature of this work that would translate well to film? I'm baffled by this opinion.
>>
File: ggmain20140411a.jpg (279 KB, 700x1057) Image search: [Google]
ggmain20140411a.jpg
279 KB, 700x1057
Martellus von Blitzengaard had real potential as a villain before they ruined him. Such waste potential.
>>
File: ggmain20130417.jpg (177 KB, 700x1060) Image search: [Google]
ggmain20130417.jpg
177 KB, 700x1060
>>47603629
(Con't)
Reading that again put me into Tweedleposting mood.
1/3
>>
File: ggmain20130429.jpg (135 KB, 700x1067) Image search: [Google]
ggmain20130429.jpg
135 KB, 700x1067
>>47603629
(Con't)
2/3
>>
File: ggmain20141114.jpg (167 KB, 700x1039) Image search: [Google]
ggmain20141114.jpg
167 KB, 700x1039
>>47603629
(Con't)
3/3
>>
>>47603629
>>47603751
I'd forgotten how fucking annoying it was to read ALL ZE HEEVEE DIE-AH-LECT
GOTT FORBIT VEE FORGETT ZAT ZEES COMIC-RELEEF CHARAKTERS HAFF GERMAN ACCENTS
>>
>>47603468
Misfile did a live action thing, but it was a low-budget thing done by the creator, so I don't think it really counts.
>>
>>47603468
>Has there EVER been a webcomic adapted into a movie?
The webcomic Last Blood was optioned in 2008, has a director signed, and in 2012, acquired financing.
Of course, it was written as a movie and its creator envisioned the webcomic as form of storyboard for what, imo, is one of the most original takes on the zombies apocalypse.

A Girl Genius inspired movie good be great, probably wouldn't be even good, but there is potential.
But any similarity it would have to the webcomic's storyline would have to be slight at best, I'm talking "Super Mario Bros" movie level here.
>>
>>47588617
Garbage Comic, Garbage artist.
>>
>>47604015
i don't know if ill pass that one along to him.
>>
>>47589114
>Goblins
>better than Girl Genius

Your lack of taste is stunning.
>>
File: homepage-tfz.jpg (163 KB, 530x729) Image search: [Google]
homepage-tfz.jpg
163 KB, 530x729
>>47604021
Bear in mind the source, depth, and quality of any criticism.

>>47604015
>Meaningless derogatory adjective post devoid of substance.

>>47603931
Forgot pic
>>
>>47588617
Vast potential,
Shit pacing
>>
This is what I mean about criticism:

>>47604015
>Garbage Comic, Garbage artist.
Four words, says nothing, merely insults.

>>47604123
>Vast potential,
>Shit pacing
Four words, compliments one aspect, cites area for improvement using tg vernacular.
>>
>>47604123
i am aware of the pacing. it feels strange. i never noticed it until i found a discussion on the comic here.
when the comic update is that thing the parents are up to every other day, its just a fact of life, and my perception of the comics pacing syncs up with the authors.
interesting to think about.
>>
>>47588617
I'm sad that Buck Godot is no longer available online. Like he was updating his site and that part broke and he never fixed it.
>>
>>47604272
I've been following the comic for years, and really love the setting and characters. It just gets frustrating that it takes so long for them to accomplish anything, and as soon as they do, the accomplishment gets taken away from them.
>>
>>47604227
>using criticism on 4chan to prove anything
Both criticism and praise here are never better than this unless person invests into energy into it. But none even wants to use their time to shit on it and that's achievement
>>
>>47604274
Amen to that
>>
>>47604274
It is, you just have to go through their personal website instead of the GG site.
>>
>>47588617
...apparently I'm one of the few people who pines for the days when Phil Foglio was regularly featured on Magic cards.
>>
>>47604881
>Getting /tg/ to put forth minimal effort while being insulting is an achievement
>>
>>47605037
Spoonfeed pls. I can't find it.
>>
>>47591912
There are Four webcomics that I read.

Dr. McNinja which is coming to an end. It's not bad. It had been getting stale though. Lotta King Radical things going on.

Atomic Robo, feels a lot like an unashamed Hellboy knock-off, but whatever. Loved the first volume.

Spinnerette. Yup. Suffered through it. I've stomached Dominic Deegan until the end. This comic's low moments are nothing in comparison.

My Life With Fel. Guilty pleasure. Art has gotten better. Writing has strayed well away from blatant front and center meme-spam that you'd see in the early ones.
>>
>>47605094
No, it comics got achievement for being so bad none wants to put any energy into argument in it's defense/criticism
>>
>>47605095
I stand corrected - it must have been done in the past two weeks.

That sucks.
>>
>>47590788
I stopped reading EGS when I realized the griffins were slowly becoming mainline characters, instead of a throwaway joke that was in one comic actual years ago. Shit like that pisses me off.
>>
File: 1450153813240.jpg (87 KB, 900x695) Image search: [Google]
1450153813240.jpg
87 KB, 900x695
>>47588617
>Artificer
>Impossible Bloodline Sorcerer
>Gearhead
>DM-bribed craft-focused character in GURPS.
>>
>>47601379
More and more accurately, yes
>>
>>47603629
I imagine he will be back within a chapter or two.
>>
File: schlock20090302a.jpg (156 KB, 780x458) Image search: [Google]
schlock20090302a.jpg
156 KB, 780x458
>>47588617
>Webcomic discussion thread
>ctrl+f "schlock"
>Not one motherfucker reads the best webcomic still around

Let me lay it out, because I can't stress enough how good this is.

1. Consistent comedy and quotability that peaked about 2 years ago in a 16 year run. That's right, 14 years of growth and only a recent slight decline in funny readability.

2. Complex and involving storyline broken down skillfully into multiple layers so that, when going through at least, it does not overwhelm. While there is the week-to-week story centering on a band of space-faring mercenaries,there are also layered super-narratives centering on galactic politics, transhumanism and the threat of things totally alien. They are not in the way, they are just there in the background, setting the context.

3. I can't recommend the early art, which is pretty basic, the writing can also be a little early on. By this I mean the first year. THE FIRST OF 16. After that it';s all uphill, with epic scenery and gigantic technology the norm.

4. The Author is based as fuck. His politics are a little libertarian for my lefty sensibilities, but he never goes beyond his purview as an entertainer. He manages to include interesting and strong female characters while btfoing radfems and SJWs left and right, and presenting moral problems of alien life in a thoughtful and fun manner.

5. The best medium-soft sci-fi around: I compare it to some of the wilder Asimov. The author knows his physics, at least better than most, and uses this to inspire imaginative and often destructive technologies.

Read this comic /tg/, it's like the best of girl genius, star trek, calvin and hobbes and 40k in one go.
>>
File: schlock20090302b.jpg (135 KB, 780x443) Image search: [Google]
schlock20090302b.jpg
135 KB, 780x443
>>47606402
>>
File: schlock20110916.jpg (153 KB, 780x337) Image search: [Google]
schlock20110916.jpg
153 KB, 780x337
>>47606402
>>47606421
I'm just going to dump some good bits, which I'm going to find by hitting the "random comic" button, because I am that confident.
>>
>>47588984
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ALLMIGHTY THAT FUCKING CASTLE.
(I stopped reading there).
>>
File: schlock20150915.jpg (113 KB, 780x231) Image search: [Google]
schlock20150915.jpg
113 KB, 780x231
Did I mention it's updated daily since the start? I should mention that.

Sunday strips are extra size too.
>>
>>47606468
>>
File: schlock20120611.jpg (135 KB, 780x428) Image search: [Google]
schlock20120611.jpg
135 KB, 780x428
>>
File: schlock20090204.jpg (103 KB, 780x226) Image search: [Google]
schlock20090204.jpg
103 KB, 780x226
>>
>>47603812
It's kind of weird that Jaegers would talk in a thick German accents considering Wulfenbachs are stand-ins for Hapsburgs and pretty much every surname or town name somewhat German. Though from what I understand Mechanicsburg is somewhere in Transylvania, which would make Agatha Romanian.
>>
File: Endtown in a nutshell.png (40 KB, 280x281) Image search: [Google]
Endtown in a nutshell.png
40 KB, 280x281
>>47606402
Schlock is shit.
Endtown is where it's at.
>>
>>47606531
>Wulfenbachs are stand-ins for Hapsburgs
In what way?
Historically the Wolfenbachs are a small, minor house, it's just Klaus that made them the dominating power they are.

Also I'm pretty sure most of the people in GG aren't speaking English canonically, it's just written in English - while they're in Paris they'll probably be speaking French
>>
>>47606565
>http://girlgenius.wikia.com/wiki/Lingua_europa
>>
File: schlock20090328.jpg (118 KB, 780x226) Image search: [Google]
schlock20090328.jpg
118 KB, 780x226
>>47606541
Them's fighting words.
>open endtown
>angsty morbidity
>close endtown

Yeah fuck that.
>>
File: UNS Tunguska.jpg (744 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
UNS Tunguska.jpg
744 KB, 2000x1000
>>47606402
They're making an RPG game too.

Really think the way ships use gravity in the setting is pretty cool
>>
>>47606651
I haven't seen any discussion on it around here, which is a shame.
>>
>>47606651
Is that a flying VHS?
>>
File: ggmain20160422.jpg (216 KB, 700x1131) Image search: [Google]
ggmain20160422.jpg
216 KB, 700x1131
A shame that GURPS Girl Genius is in development hell. Apparently, it was too early in the story or something.
>>
>>47606744
Tricorn class battleplate restraining a significantly smaller warship, the mercenary craft "touch and go".

Battleplates are named for impact events, the same thing there were originally built to fend off.
>>
>>47606748
It'd probably be easiest to do what happened with GURPS Discworld: Core goes up to X time, then a supplement (Discworld Also) handles the newer stuff. GURPS Discworld 3 never.
>>
File: end.end110913.gif (66 KB, 600x595) Image search: [Google]
end.end110913.gif
66 KB, 600x595
>>47606645
You're missing out big time.
>>
>>47606774
>furshit
Pretty sure I'm not.
>>
File: drawthread general.png (77 KB, 277x199) Image search: [Google]
drawthread general.png
77 KB, 277x199
>>47606800
It has humans too, but suit yourself.
>>
>>47606908
Had a look. It's objective shit, your taste is bad. Now go away.
>>
>>47607756
>look mommy, I'm being an edgy elitist on 4chan, just like everyone else! Aren't I cool?!
>>
>>47607756
Not everything has to be a thespian masterpiece, anon. Hell, I enjoyed Jack despite it being edgy as fuck and ridden with typos.
>>
>>47606505
R I P Tag ;-;
My favorite ship AI, even without the Karloff skin.
>>
File: suwako smile fake_1.jpg (22 KB, 123x272) Image search: [Google]
suwako smile fake_1.jpg
22 KB, 123x272
>It's a "/tg/ recommends a swath of shitty webcomics" episode
>>
>>47608812
>Oh look, it's that episode guest starring that anon who shits on others contributions, while making none of their own.
>>
>>47609223
>>47608812
>it's a shitposting-in-a-dead-thread-on-page-nine-for-the-sake-of-shitposting episode

Trigger needs to save anime again
>>
>>47588617
I read that for far too long hoping it would go full lewd like XXXenophile.
>>
>>47606748
well, if >>47601471
is to be believed, its close to escaping dev hell.
>>
>>47588617
overpowered/10
>>
File: UNS Tunguska Intro.jpg (91 KB, 780x234) Image search: [Google]
UNS Tunguska Intro.jpg
91 KB, 780x234
>>47606766
I really like battleplates as a concept
>>
>>47602683
We did this in BESM once buy my character found an alcohol spark raised in a tavern and then spent most of the session drunk.
>>
>>47613170
>I really like battleplates as a concept
There isn't much of a concept to them. They're just flavorful battleships that ostensibly also have a non-directly-military function.
>>
>>47603468
They tried making an Axe Cop cartoon. It's pretty awful, much like the source material.
>>
>>47613748
I saw that. It was like a cartoon with a script written by a 5 year old and then faithfully followed through on by people who actually knew what they were doing, for reasons.
If I had known there was source material, I would have definitely had blamed that.
>>
>>47614175
Are you trolling? That is the core concept of Axe cop, it's all written by a kid.

The cartoon was pretty bad though.
>>
File: Nothing to hee-ho about.gif (445 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
Nothing to hee-ho about.gif
445 KB, 250x188
>>47588617
>yfw Foglio used to draw porn
>yfw it's not actually that bad sometimes
>>
>>47614895
Honestly wasn't sure if I remembered that bit right.
So, it is was it says on the tin.
The show was about as good as I expected.
It sounds like they comic might actually have been better, but I have trouble imagining it.
>>
>>47615162
you got a point, sometimes it's not bad
sometimes it's straight-up atrocious
>>
>>47615631

Also true.
>>
>>47608812
You had your toufeces, now eat it too.
>>
>>47606748

Yeah - though 'Powers: The Weird' and the Weird Science pyramid issue pretty much cover all the ground you'd need.

Being a Spark is just Quick Gadgeteer paid for with a bunch of mental disadvantages, and using the Mother of Invention or Metatronic Generator rules from Pyramid means you get a quick and easy way of statting up gadgets.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.