[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #873
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47576875
>>
>>47587285
>It's the editionless shitposter again.
No.
>>
>>47587285
Dammit, at least it has the .pdf
>>
>>47587285
>No edition
>Go fuck yourself
>>
File: murder party.png (327 KB, 348x830) Image search: [Google]
murder party.png
327 KB, 348x830
Progress report!

>Fairy Tail update almost done - but there wasn't much that needed to be done.

>An announcement concerning Battleborn Jump.

I'm going to confirm a few things in advance, just so you know now.

1. Yes, there will be a Canon Companion option. Battleborn from your Faction will be discounted - so an Eldrid Jumper can Companion Thorn or Miko for half the cost of Companioning Oscar Mike or Orendi.

2. Yes, you can install ISIC into your (insert thing an AI can go in here) if you Companion or Pod him. I just don't know why you think that's at all a Good Idea That Won't Result In Millions Of Deaths. Because it's not. It's a terrible idea likely to result in millions of deaths. Upgrade that to billions if the thing you're installing him in is a starship with any major complement of weaponry.

3. No, your ability to make new stars, if you have it, will not be disabled. What it WILL do is draw Varelsi to you like moths to a flame. Since, ya know, eating/stealing stars is their whole thing, and someone who can outright reverse that makes for a high priority target. Still if you can get them out there and KEEP them out there folks are gonna love you.

4. If you feel like you need to ask me whether or not I'll allow it, it is more likely than not something you, or the universe, or both, will come to regret you doing. Or maybe it's just incredibly silly. Either way, go ahead and ask anyway.

5. Yes, you can use the Canon Companion option to pick up Rendain, but why on Ekkunar would you want to?
>>
>>47587313
>>47587318
>>47587335
I've actually got to applaud his restraint, considering there was a five-hour gap. I think that's the longest gap we've had between threads in an entire month.
>>
>>47587357
Will there be a canon character companion option in the Fairy Tail update?
>>
Jumpers!

What do you do when you're bored?
>>
>>47583225
SMTAnon, this is the list I'm assuming you mean?
>There are a couple of duplicates
>Some of these were WIP when the list was made
>Some more are probably WIP since the list has been made.
>Entire list worth of jumps may have been posted by one person.
>May contain [s]spiders[/s]traces of nuts.
Write responsibly: please check in thread before dumping a new jump in thread.
http://pastebin.com/CE67M2Uc
>>
>>47587382
Possibly. No promises just yet, because first I'd need to figure out how I wanted to do this. Do I want to scale their price by power level like with the Magics, or do I want to make it a flat price? Do I want to make it a guaranteed Companion, or a chance at convincing them? Do I want to exclude Zeref and Acnologia from the options? Well, okay, yes I do but that's besides the point.

The point being there's a few decisions to be made there.
>>
>>47587285
>Back From the Dead Edition

>>47587406
Tinker with stuff. Bake stuff.
Give people free stuff.
>>
>>47587411
Baldur's Gate (The Game)? Which one, there was a Baldur's Gate for PS2 or PS1 and a completely different series on the PC. Heck from what I remember that's a Forgotten Realms world, or are they not covered by the Forgotten Realms Jump? I have so many questions.
>>
>>47587414
I just want Juvia(and maybe Erza) without a Pod.
>>
>>47587452
Assuming for a moment that I am in fact adding one, that will be possible.

I just need to figure out how best to MAKE that possible.
>>
>>47587452
Justice-chan gets it
>>
>>47587406
Make (mostly) benign SCPs and release them into the wild, putting divination spells on them so I can watch how people react to them.
>>
>>47587414
>>47587452
>>47587459
Perhaps you can make it so that we can take only Guildmates with us, with their price decided by the E to S Rank scale, that way we'd be paying for more the higher the persons starting power level. An EX or challange option for the true outliers, like the Original Fairy Tail Master and Big Z.
>>
>>47587452
>>47587459
JUSTICE FOR THE JUSTICE GOD! WAIFUS FOR THE WAIFU THRONE! THE MULTIVERSE! WILL! LOVE!
>>
>>47587485
You do realize that would take up more pages than the rest of the jump right.
>>
>>47587452
You know, Justice, there are a lot of things I disagree with you on. But if there's one thing in which I can look at you as a comrade on, as a brother... it's this excellent taste in waifus.
>>
>>47587452
I often don't agree with your opinions, but on this we are united. Today, we stand for Justice.
>>
>>47587505
He has so many though, he's bound to get it right on occasion.
>>
File: Discworld Death.jpg (32 KB, 570x364) Image search: [Google]
Discworld Death.jpg
32 KB, 570x364
>>47587406
“Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, They have managed to invent Boredom.”
>>
>>47587485
That could work, theoretically, though I'd be surprised if anyone went Mermaid Heel, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, etc. if I went with "Guildmates only."

Also I'm currently debating adding a Drawback where Lacrima of your various out-of-Jump magics get scattered throughout the world. The higher-tier they are, the more likely they are to end up in the hands of someone Capital-E Evil. It can also combo with the new 'Acnologia hates you and you specifically' Drawback if you want +800 points and for him to have implanted Lacrima of ALL your magic.

Note, this only applies to MAGIC. Your supertech and psionics are safe.

For now.
>>
File: nice bike.jpg (174 KB, 1096x1129) Image search: [Google]
nice bike.jpg
174 KB, 1096x1129
>>47587406
Cook, bake, sew, do a bit of gardening, playing a harp, going for drives, wandering about new towns, and window shopping.
>>
>>47587532
Not really that bad a drawback if you have little or no magic then is it?
>>
>>47587532
You would have to do a tiered chart for the characters of every guild for that to work! The whole E - S rank thing doesn't exist in Fairy Tail so you would have to specify for every character that is available!
>>
>>47587485
E-S rank isn't really a thing. You have the S rank mages clearly identified and that's it.
>>
File: 1402601821359.jpg (79 KB, 680x497) Image search: [Google]
1402601821359.jpg
79 KB, 680x497
>>47587411
>Sonichu
I vote to add Crash retold and its whole glorious sage
Also Tails gets trolled

>>47587357
Hey umm is there more magic options?
And also will there be perks for allowing for creative exploitation of magic or just stronger magic reserves in general?
Probably not going to change much since I went drop-in Archive and God-killer flame magic.

I'm going all in with those 2 magics.
>>
>>47587579
And even S-rank is flimsy since different guilds have different standards. Phantom Lord's S-class did not reach anywhere near Fairy Tail's S-class.
>>
>>47587532
Please don't use that idea, it would be a mess. A discount for members of the same guild as you might be a good idea though.
>>
>>47587503
Not if you only set it Rank, not detailing the individuals save for the few who are true outliers as I stated before. I see where you could have read my post oddly so I apologized.

>>47587532
Holy shit that spoiler though. It hurts right in my greedy spots.

>>47587571
>>47587579
>>47587592
And I have been told.

>>47587593
Neat idea.
>>
>>47587566
I suppose I'll have to figure out a workaround. Possibly including having him pull from old enemies instead.

>>47587571
Aaaand yeah, that'd also be a concern. I could try ranking them by the Class of their primary Magic on the table, but that carries its own risks and it'd end up making no sense in some cases.

>>47587587
>more magic options
Yes, but it's honestly not too expansive a list of additions.

>creative exploitation, greater reserves
Yes.

>>47587592
That's shounen for you, I guess. You are now reading that line in Happy's voice.

>>47587593
>discount for guildmates

Yeah, that'll work.
>>
>>47587610
Or just have it work on all abilities instead of just magic. Like the previous criticism, pulling from old enemies doesn't matter if none of your enemies used magic.
>>
>>47587605
Meant to delete top line. Crap...
>>
File: tumblr_n12llhWL371s4i1ffo10_500.gif (498 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n12llhWL371s4i1ffo10_500.gif
498 KB, 500x284
>>47587610
Will Crash work like it is supposed to in the update?
>>
File: so what can you do.png (712 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
so what can you do.png
712 KB, 800x450
>>47587406
Go flying.
>>
File: 1464945501396.jpg (80 KB, 471x517) Image search: [Google]
1464945501396.jpg
80 KB, 471x517
>No Bobobo Jump yet

Until that gets fixed, where I can absurd powers aside from Soft Physics from Worm?
>>
>>47587629
Better yet, will Crash and Disassembly be separated into two magics so they're not just a baseless power grab option?
>>
>>47587623
You do make a very good point.

Congratulations, no one is safe!

>>47587629
Yes, assuming I can remember what I did wrong in the first place.
>>
>>47587639
As it stands they are the weakest option in the S-Rank section. . .
>>
File: The unfortunate centaur.jpg (110 KB, 1052x1068) Image search: [Google]
The unfortunate centaur.jpg
110 KB, 1052x1068
>>47587406
Make chimeras.
>>
>>47587637
What the fuck is going on with that face?!
>>
>>47587642
See >>47587639

There's no reason for 2 S rank magics to be offered as one, beyond the same guy having them both. They do close to the opposite thing, are never used in concert and no other magic is offered in a two for one deal despite being about as justified as the reasoning for these two.

>>47587650
Yeah, not like Gildartz beat Bluenote (The guy with Gravity magic) with just crash huh?
>>
>>47587664
Splitting them up is one thing, but I thought you meant I'd written the description of Crash's effects themselves incorrectly.
>>
>>47587650
Weakest
As compared to Machina Soul (Machines in jump are pretty universally poor, the only reason this is so high is because of inter jump balancing), Satan Soul (Better, but all the good ones require you to beat some of the strongest guys in the show) and Gravity Magic (In series weaker then Crash by itself, much less with the other one added too)
>>
>>47587664
That has less to do with what his magic is and more to do with the fact that Gildarts is a BAMF.
>>
>>47587678
I'm a different guy. Not sure what the other guy is on about, though I guess the description is a little vague compared to "This magic just crushes things"
>>
>>47587637
>a tens of thousands year old multi-dimensional traveler with abilities ranging from conceptual punch ghosts to superhuman card game skills arrive
>they're not even the weirdest thing in the setting
>>
File: Don_Patch_Winner_2003.png (234 KB, 649x571) Image search: [Google]
Don_Patch_Winner_2003.png
234 KB, 649x571
>>47587653
Who knows
>>
>>47587691
You can say the same for almost all magics except for Take Over magics and item magics. ALl of it gets stronger because the user gets stronger, even Slayer stuff or the non take over S class magics.
>>
File: fma___nina_chimera_by_dazwolf.jpg (70 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
fma___nina_chimera_by_dazwolf.jpg
70 KB, 800x600
>>47587651
:(
>>
>>47587682
As a side note, I'd like to apologize for the vagueness of Territory - but it'd be wrong of me to apologize on Mashima's behalf. I gave all the information I could get.

I swear, why did I even bother working with shounen for Jumps.
>>
>>47587691
And Natsu got wrecked early on by people using way weaker magic then Dragonslaying Magic. Works both ways. Crash is basically the ultimate offensive magic, it crushes anything, even other spells, long as the user has enough power. Disassembly is almost as good, particularly in how it also works on magic and can basically nullify most attacks or massively weaken living beings.
>>
>>47587715
Nina and her dog are such close friends now.
>>
>>47587678
Please don't slit them up, they go together so perfectly and you wouldn't be able to get them both if they were slit up.
>>
>>47587701
Did people actually die in that setting aside from flashbacks?

I don't remember anyone being killed in the series. I have yet to read the manga.
>>
>>47587729
>Go together so well
So do Requip and Sword Magic. We don't get those together, why should we get two super strong magics together either? If you want something, it should be justified, as is it's just a power grab.
>>
>>47587729
No they don't. They do the opposite of what the other does, using them together is a complete waste of energy in most cases because using one can generally accomplish most of what using the other can. They're never used together by Gildartz either.
>>
>>47587750
>>47587741
These two posts are both me as one person by the way, for openness sake. Posted the first on accident before I was done.
>>
>>47587741
>>47587750
I don't mean in terms of complimenting each other's strength I mean they go together thematically, they don't compliment each other that way very much at all.
>>
>>47587741
>>47587750
Honestly the part that surprises me about all this is that it's a 180 from what was - at least as far as I can remember - the general consensus when I was first adding the S-Class table.

Granted, that was nearly a year ago so my memory could be completely wrong.
>>
>>47587759
>Thematically
Not really. Unless you count crushing things and spitting them apart, pretty close to being opposites, as thematic. It's a completely inadequate justification for keeping them as a 2 magic for the price of one deal, considering how many magics in fairy tail work that way.
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
>>47587406
Oh, you know. Program, do some system defrags, play the theremin, run a few trillion simulations on key shatterpoints in fate, go flying through outer space, play some vidya with the companions and cook.

>>47587718
For what it's worth, Territory's still my favorite purchase from that jump.

I wish I could contribute more in the way of critique but I genuinely don't know Fairy Tail well enough to suggest constructively.
>>
>>47587767
Hence my thoughts that people just wanted power. I did speak up about this back then and why it made no sense but my posts were obviously smothered by the people just wanting both S class magics. I think it'd be fine if it had any justification at all, but there doesn't seem to be any other then "A guy in canon has both." which applies to countless magics.
>>
>>47587768
I thought Crash was explosions, not crushing. Well, I suppose you could crush things with explosions if you aimed them right. Or make something explode if you applied crushing pressure in the right place. The more I think about this the less sure I am there's any appreciable difference.
>>
>>47587406
So, you know that, "Hold my beer" thing? You know, "It would if you could do *this* and *such*." then "I can" then "Nah" and then "Hold my beer" right?

The girls and I do that (especially when we've got transdimensional telepathy), and it can get down right silly. Like the time we had an actual Samurai vs. Mecha battle.

I was the Samurai. Kirishima was (in) the Mecha. Akitsu and Kurumu were the spectators and announcers.

Luckily, this was before the L'Cie got kicked out of Cocoon, so we could still play around.

As a note, at some point Akitsu had a pack of those wolf things (the name escapes me) following her around (it was the result of another 'hold my beer' moment that ended with her suplexing a behemoth) they were surprisingly cute.
>>
>>47587789
For what it's worth I'm all for whatever you suggested if it's closer to canon, I really don't know Fairy Tail enough to be invested in any powergrabby potential herein
>>
>>47587796
It smashes/crushes (The descriptions vary a bit between both terms) anything it comes into contact with, including other magic spells. It can also be used to make cushions against falls by crushing the ground beneath you, as defensive shields against attacks, imbued into your body to enhance destructive power of punches or fired as blasts.

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Crash
>>
>>47587610
Fairy Tale update? Sweet stuff!

Hopefully I'll still be able to afford Gun, Sword, and Requip Magics. They've been my mainstays throughout my Chain and have life so much more easy in so many ways.
>>
>>47587789
Here is the thing, people want Gildart's magic. Dissasembly isn't that great of a spell at all when compared to Crash but people want them both because they are the signature spells of Gildarts. If we wanted power we would just go Godslayer.
>>
>>47587808
So more like just kinetic shockwaves in general, then, and it can look like either depending on how you use it?
>>
>>47587816
Dissassembly can basically do anything Crash can and more. It can even split apart magic spells like Crash can, with the addition of being able to split living beings into tiny copies.
>>
>>47587826
like Crash can destroy magic*

Also Godslayer is weaker then Dragonslayer so far, given Dragonslayer's get Dragon Force.
>>
>>47587826
While Crash would just turn that living thing into a stain on the floor.
>>
>>47587815
Oh, right, should probably add a clarification.

Specifically, you'll be able to roll or choose as many Magic types as you can afford, rather than leaving the implication of only 2 - but you'll still get the opportunity to sacrifice your freebie for the 100 CP price reduction on a higher-level Magic.
>>
>>47587838
Sweet! Thanks boss!
>>
>>47587836
So Dissassembly is slightly weaker then Crash in regards to biotic targets. Not convincing me on how this 'isn't that great of a spell' when you can just stomp all the little ones after using it.
>>
>>47587836
Not him but no actually. Gildartz hasn't done that even when fighting seriously against people, meaning you need enough magic power to hurt a strong target and even when relatively equal he didn't turn people to paste with one use. You can argue that Dissassembly could even be superior if it worked regardless of the opponents durability as compared to Crash, where you might not have enough magic power to harm someone.
>>
So is the Xmen movie jump going to get an update for Xmen: We stole Bioware's wardrobe?
>>
>>47587874
Probably
>>
>>47587863
People also survive getting hit with giant fire balls in that series, being crushed with giant rocks, slashed by swords that have been shown to eviscerate giant monsters.

Well that and because the people Gildarts has hit with it are either people he isn't trying to kill or too strong to just be smeared against the floor.
>>
>>47587894
> too strong to just be smeared against the floor.
That's...exactly what I said? I pretty much just said that the magic doesn't automatically kersplode anything it touches because guys like Bluenote, around the user's level, aren't treated like that. Given Bluenote was trying to and almost succeeding in killing Gildartz guildmates and daughter (Can't remember if he knew by then though), I'd say there's a damn good chance he wasn't holding back at all in their fight.
>>
>>47587724
Indeed. They're really inseparable.
>>
>>47587907
So close you could call them siamese twins.
>>
>>47587903
And Dissassembly would work against people that strong? He doesn't even try to use that spell on anyone he considers a threat.
>>
>>47587444
I just put the list together from what everyone shouted out, but I assume they mean the PC series.

Plus I think Neverwinter Nights is also FR and we already have a jump for that, too. There are plenty of series set in Faerun, some less suitable for jumps than others.
>>
>>47587911
Possibly, possibly not. Laxus doesn't use fairy law against everyone he fights (Even though it should be almost certainly his strongest spell and there are definitely fights in which he should have used it- Hades, the recent manga fights of his) so it's not like there isn't plenty of precedence for not using all your magic in a fight.

Even if we say it doesn't, you still have a magic that can nullify pretty much any physical (In the sense it has physical form, so this includes most magic in this world) attack against you, even if it's just a ball of fire and can still potentially cause wide area destruction when used on the landscape or fortresses or vehicles or weapons and so on. It's S class enough to equal the shown feats of things like Gravity Magic and Satan Soul at the very least.
>>
>>47587894
Should there be a Toughness ability in the update to represent this, alongside the existing Agility, Strength, Charisma, etc?
>>
Has anyone uploaded Doom 2016 to the drive? I can't find it.
>>
>>47587937
It's in uploads folder.
>>
Here is the thing about Crash and Dissasembly, people want Gildarts's powerset and if they weren't packaged together they couldn't do that.

If you rolled for S class magic twice, landed Crash/Dissasembly respectively on those rolls, and gave up your free C Class magic to decrease the price of one of them by 100. . .

The total cost would be 1700 points, which is more than you can get from drawbacks.
>>
>>47587955
I'm looking at the uploads folder right now Anon. It's not there.
>>
>>47587965
Posting the same argument twice doesn't make it more effective, it just shows you have no other argument. People want a lot of things, that doesn't mean they always get them. I'm sure plenty of people want the Three Great Fairy Magics, but you can't buy those in jump. Same with how you can't get Titan and Light Magic as one purchase, despite that being Makarov's powerset. Or Requip and Sword Magic and The Knight as Erza's powerset.
>>
>>47587978
Another anon here, I can see the Doom 2016.pdf file.
>>
>>47587978
I don't know what to tell you, then. I can see it quite plain and clear.
>>
>>47587965
You could always risk Acnologia.

Or I could always raise the Drawback limit and add more ways for you to make yourself suffer.
>>
>>47587978
Do you want me to post it here?
>>
>>47587989
People can learn magic in series, the drawback limit is fine as is. If someone wants magic so bad, then they can just go learn from Gildartz himself. It's not like the guy would turn his guildmate down if you were strong enough to handle it.
>>
>>47587994
(Adding onto my post) Though, to be fair, I do think that changing it to a 600cp cap rather then picking two drawbacks would be more in line with most jumps nowadays.
>>
>>47587994
Or you could just watch him use them after taking any of the perks that let you learn magic after seeing it used. You could also learn Fairy Law like this.
>>
>>47588004
That too, but I was trying to keep it in jump when justifying my posts.
>>
>>47587994
Or you could use some metamagic perks and start getting magics just by watching/having them used on you.

Once you learn the basics, you can train yourself later.
>>
File: 1409280409386.jpg (46 KB, 347x346) Image search: [Google]
1409280409386.jpg
46 KB, 347x346
>>47587994
This.

It's okay Jumpers, you can learn stuff in-world. Really. It is.

Gun, Sword, Requip master race represent!
>>
>>47587983
I can actually get both of them in the jump world without paying jack, I just really want to buy "Crash and Dissasembly".
>>
>>47587988
>>47587986
Huh. That's weird.

>>47587992
Nah, I was just curious if it had been placed in Quicksilver's folder and looked for it, but couldn't find it anywhere.
>>
>>47588020
Then given your entire argument is "I want" vs all the other reasons that are against you, I'd have to say you're just being lazy about this.

Could we please get a clear decision on this Wakfu so we don't need to take the discussion any further? There's not much reason to continue talking by now and I'd appreciate it a lot.
>>
>>47588021
Make sure you're in the shared drive, not your own copy (if you have one). It's happened to me a few times before and I always forget.
>>
>>47588031
After having a look over everything said so far, I am currently more in favor of splitting them than keeping them together.
>>
>>47588044
Thank you for answering so quickly.
>>
>>47588033
Oh, that worked. Thanks Anon!

Side note: Damn, a lot of jumps haven't been sorted yet.
>>
>>47588031
How does the reasoning behind a desire in any way invalidate the arguments made for it?
>>
>>47588031
This. People need to realise "I want" is a shitty reason taken by itself as a justification to override canon.
>>
>>47587909
I don't think anything could force them apart, to be honest. Her father must be so happy to have such a single minded daughter. He really has a way of bringing people together.
>>
>>47588046
Well, I mean, I've forgotten what it means to sleep, so why not answer quickly?
>>
>>47588058
Because "I want" is entirely subjective and unqualified. Because that same reasoning could be used to argue for starting with 100000 CP, unlimited companions and turning every character in the jump into a cute girl who is automatically in love with you.
>>
>>47588067
Jesus christ dude, you win.
>>
>>47588075
So you are maintaining the position that because I want something any argument I have made in favor of that thing is invalid. By that same logic I say that everything you have said is invalid since it all boils down to "I Don't Want".
>>
File: 1369609435115.png (214 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1369609435115.png
214 KB, 500x501
>>47588089
>>
196. Terraria
Origin: Mage (-200)
Perks: Frequent Flyer Miles (-600), Spellcaster, Mana Battery (-100), Click Faster Damn You (-200), Overcharge (-300)
Gear: Magic Gear [Amber Staff, Magic Missile]
Drawbacks: Where's the Rest (+100), You Feel An Evil Presence (+300)

There's not much of a story here, beyond gathering up the people of this world and defending them from horrible monsters. I actually don't mind holding off unknowable hordes of monsters anymore. It's just sort of a thing to do now. That said, it's surprisingly difficult to fight giant walls of killer flesh that can phase through obstacles and terrible worm beasts with lasers and weird floating eyeballs, but I have at least 11 other people to help me, so it's not impossible. We handle them in standard raid boss fashion, with assigned roles and teamwork. Teamwork is a good thing to learn.

Aside from that, I can now create worlds to do stuff with. I think I need a prison plane to house my experiments in, so that's pretty useful. Phyto-mining has been delayed due to wanting to keep worlds intact, but now I can perfect the art without risking runaway environmental destruction. It even allows for longer term experimentation than the mystcraft worlds, which I mostly use for short supply raids before letting them fade out.

>>47587406
I wander off. If I'm bored I'm not exploring hard enough.
>>
>>47588091
Firstly, that's not me, who you've been arguing with. Secondly, I've never said your reason was invalid, just that it was inferior to the numerous arguments I gave in favour of my side which all had the support of the canon of the series or the other parts of the jump. Thirdly, stop already, you're obviously desperate and it's embarrassing how childishly you are now acting.
>>
Hey, where on the scale from yes to HELL YES WHY NOT NOW? is teaching the Animorphs Take Over: Animal Soul magic?
>>
>>47588110
How about "What's the point?". If you're going to teach them a take over, it might as well be Machina Soul or Satan Soul, since those are likely things they couldn't use their animorph stuff on.
>>
>>47588110
Not good because the animorphs rely on the time limit to keep tension up.
>>
>>47588110
Pretty nice.
They can already change into animals, but having them be able to take on the attributes of animals in human form would be convenient. Also, sexy outfits.
>>
>>47588110
One of the major benefits of morphing is that it heals the user of any injuries when they switch forms, aside from that it couldn't hurt.

>>47588129
They're like 13 and already have to wear skintight clothes when they transform.
>>
>>47588110
It'd probably give them some added utility, but it actually wouldn't be that huge an upgrade for them.

>>47588123
Satan Soul would be mostly pointless, unless you've got a bunch of demons to give them, seeing as there are no demons in the animorphs setting.

I guess you could stop by after SMT if you played Pokemon with the church you can buy there, it'd be pretty cool, but if you can't provide something for them to turn into then it really is pointless.
>>
>>47588144
>They're like 13 and already have to wear skintight clothes when they transform.
Damn, really? Shame.
>>
>>47588150
True, I was mostly thinking overall rather then just in the confines of their universe. My bad on that.
>>
>>47587444
The Baldur's Gate games do take place in FR, but they're not actually canon afaik.
They're also AD&D instead of 3.5, so there's some differences in the various classes powersets and some options available that don't exist anymore in the standard 3.5 FR.

>>47587682
You're assuming that the type of magic trumps all, instead of the outcome of a fight also being dependant on the experience and power level of the mage in question (Gildartz is, as mentioned, a BAMF).
The fact that it was a fight at all instead of Gildartz curbstomping the noob like he did to Natsu (who isn't exactly weak himself) should be telling enough.
There's also author fiat because the manga is named Fairy Tail and not whatever guild Bluenote was in.

For a counterargument see Erza, who kicks all the ass with a combo of two B-rank magics (Requip + Sword Magic).

As for Satan Soul/Machina Soul, since they're both dependant on what forms you've learned the only thing that matters for classification purposes is potential.
And the potential for both is pretty damn high even in-jump.
>>
>>47588210
Read the rest of the thread before responding mate, those points are actually all discussed.
>>
>>47588158
They're not that young. I think they're somewhere vaguely around 16-17.
>>
>>47587411
I wonder how you could possibly do BG without making it a gauntlet? The game was really story driven, as you were discovering your parentage. Not to mention you had to get stronger to avenge the death of the only parent you knew.

Then you have the entire Throne of Baal, where you could become the next God of Murder. I could see a Deadlight type deal. Where should you break the item, you go into the Throne of Baal expansion.
>>
>>47588252
You could make Bhaalspawn a drawback, which would pretty much force you into the plot. Maybe one for generic Bhaalspawn and another that makes you take the place of the protagonist (and takes all your out of jump powers).
Otherwise it's like any other world, you just happen to be there while the plot takes place, and can decide yourself if you want to interfere or not.

I mean we already have what, 5? D&D jumps? (FR, Dark Sun, Ravenloft, NWN, Dragonlance)
There's always time for more adventuring, and maybe some people just want a canon companion or something like that.
>>
File: image.png (756 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
image.png
756 KB, 986x553
>>47588276
That could work. Two different levels of Bhaalspawn, "normal" which forces you in conflict with other Bhaalspawn, and "Protag" where you're powers are taken away, but you get them back over time.

I know I for one would like to have some sexy Viconia DeV'ir as a companion. Even if she doesn't like me or anything, s-stupid sexy male j-jumper.
>>
>>47588305
>Naruto Marvel pic
Should've been "Don't believe it."
>>
>>47588276
You forgot OOTS.
>>
>>47588312
>>47588305
>not "Hail Orochimaru"
>>
>>47588100
>Terraria
Is the maker around? If I'm understanding the Notes, taking Heads Up Display, Shining Heart AND Star Catcher changes you to operate on HP and MP instead of real (meta)physics?
>>
>>47588305
That looks like a cosplaying Blazkowicz.
>>
Hey, mentlegen. Good news, progress on Scenario 3 is already being made!
However I'm having some trouble trying to come up with good items to use with the treasures...so mind looking over what I got so far?
You get 500 up front and either forsake it for an easier fight or get the full 500 for somehow winning, if that helps you judge how to handle this.

http://pastebin.com/abDneg3b
The gear/treasures aren't written as detailed because it's...6 am for me and I'm writing deliriously.
still the basic ideas are there.
if you're wondering why I set a lot of the stuff to key off of Cell Medals, its because I want you all to get a little greedy
>>
>>47588326
>"I don't want to be Hokage"
>"Sasuke's not my friend"
>"Madara was right"
>"I have no ninja way"
>>
>>47588333
Looks awesome. The items that have special effects with Core Medals are my favorites. Especially with the documents to make your own Core Medals that you can buy in the normal non-scenario section. Put those together and you can have all sorts of fun.
>>
>>47588339
>"I hate being a ninja."
>>
>>47588332
Still no New Order jump *sob*
>>
>>47588376
We have Doom 2016, maybe you could make a Castle Wolfenstein jump. Who doesn't want to be killing Nazis, and Super Nazis, and Robot Zombie Hitlers?
>>
>>47588359
Yeah. I shudder to think what the hell kind of medal sets a particularly naughty jumper could make.
Johj, Zerg, Tyranid! JO Ze-zhzhzhz zani! JoZeNi!
>>
>>47588424
Even with mundane Earth animals there's a lot of room to experiment. You can have pretty specific categories of life for your Medal sets. Kazari had "cats" when his siblings had entire taxonomic classes. I figure that's why he was the one to invent chimeric Yummies, he was tired of having such a limited theme.
>>
>>47588424

>>47586201
>>
>>47588508
What does that have to do with anything in the current conversation? Bringing up a conversation thread from five hours ago just so you can insult a man's waifu is pretty lame, anon.
>>
>>47588508
Leave the old thread's waifu measuring contest where it belongs.
>>
>>47588414

Me because the Nazis get all the cool stuff blackowitz can do whatever he wants as long as he doesn't get in my way.

>>47588532

Because I had saved for hours waiting for the next thread to appear. And the truth is Justice

>>47588545

It's over now
>>
>>47587357
Do you have any thoughts on Dragon King magic?
>>
File: sxcAZgR.jpg (86 KB, 625x669) Image search: [Google]
sxcAZgR.jpg
86 KB, 625x669
Shin megami tensi 1

Demon
Mysterious Laboratory, Sendagaya
Mimic free
Demonic union 900
Sacrificial bestowal 600

Demon form +200 cp stipend = 800 cp
Lich free
Fiend (-500) 300
Tyrant (-1000) -700

Items
The overlords seat -900

Drawbacks
World of chaos -300
Two steps from hell -100
Pre apocalypse, Apocalypse, and PostApocalypse +0
The girl that was killed in the park… 0

Ok so I think I did this build right, basically Im demon king of skellytons going around smiting other demons that keep attacking me. Overlords seat will help get power down the road a bit.

Is there any downside to a 40 year fight against an endless swarm of demons when you just add the ones you beat to your army anyway?

Wait if Im a demon does the drawback make me want to kill me?

I may need to bone up on my skeleton humour for this.
>>
I want to make a starship, much smaller than the LoT, utilising the various technologies I've acquired through out my chain. It's not exactly going to fit in my warehouse, so what perks can I apply to take it with me?

You think the FOB from metal gear will do?
>>
Carwyn the Warlock from Light of Terra, it never said what he/she has for weapons/gear. Is this an oversight?
>>
>>47588827
If you can land it on the FOB, or it can make water landings and be attached... then sure, that's probably fine.
>>
>>47588827
RWBY if you don't have living things on it at the time, otherwise Arrowverse calls out it's science perk as working with Shrink Rays. Another solution would be Young Justice Amazo Backup Memories and a shrinking power, such as that found in the jump itself.

Another option could be digitising it somehow, storing it as data and turning it back into matter when you need it. There are a few ways to do this but I can't think of any that would work on that scale.

There is a ship in Kid Radd that can enter and exit the internet, which would certainly work if you can figure out how to make it work although it might run on fiat.

Borderlands tech can digistruct some large cars and robots, but I don't think we've seen it work on something as big as a spaceship (other than car sized spaceships I guess).

Hope some of my ramblings help you.
>>
>>47588877
No, he/she likes the breeze.
>>
>>47588333
once more some questions
1. Is there any way to help the jazz Dopant besides taking him and the scenario? I'm pretty much full up on companions but he certainly deserves aid
2. Are the jumper memories available in the jump or do I have to take lots of items to get them.
3. Does taking WISP Brigade eight times automatically throw you into the scenario? I think I can handle the enemies if I have access to my powers.
>>
Need a little help.

I've got some IG that I picked up in 40k: Imperium and I'm going to be importing them into FR. Now, it just makes sense for them to be fighters, given their regiment and what I typically have them doing but ... ugh, don't FR fighter suck?

Is there a class that you could recommend for them? They more or less fight together, en masse, so something that thematically makes sense for them would be awesome. If I have to bite the bullet and make them fighters I will, but hopefully one of you folk has a better solution.
>>
>>47588968
>given their regiment
Which regiment?
>>
>>47588977
Mordian Iron Guard
>>
>>47588968
Well, everything in FR sucks compared to full casters. In D&D magic is king. Fighters are just especially weak/one-dimensional.
But if you want to keep the fighter vibe you could make them warblades or crusaders.
Warblade is pretty much as good as it gets for a pure (non-magic using) martial, which is pretty damn good for normal fighting if not exactly the world-shattering power of high level magics.
Crusaders get a different set of maneuvers, some of which are blatantly supernatural, but they're about on par with warblades otherwise.
>>
>>47589054
Not him but I don't know who to feel sorry for more then, monks or berserkers

What can Crusaders do that's blatantly supernatural?
>>
>>47588316
Ok, so 6 D&D jumps then.
And i think someone was working on a Pathfinder jump too?
The only thing missing would be an Eberron jump. Is anyone making that one?
>>
>>47588064
You act like people want to follow canon in the first place.
>>
>>47589086
The Divine Spirit discipline has a big bunch of healing maneuvers. Those are supernatural.

Monks are probably the weakest core class in 3.5. Their features look cool on paper (and they get a lot of them) but they don't really synergize and just don't do all that much in actual play.

Barbarians aren't that bad off. They do their role (damage) just fine, they're just kind of one-dimensional.
>>
>>47588968

Not sure if it's valid for FR, but Marshal from the Miniatures Handbook might work. It's main thing is having an aura that grants bonuses to allies within range (including the Marshal).

>>47589086

I recommend being sorry for the monks.
Barbarians that become lawful just can't take more levels of barbarian and lose one ability.

Meanwhile monks can't gain more monk levels at all if they multiclass, unless they take a prestige class that removes the restriction.
>>
Little Shop of Horrors Gauntlet when.
>>
>>47589096
There might be someone making it. I'd recommend asking a few more times to see if anyone knows before starting anything yourself.
>>
>>47589154
hell I will do it ,I grew up on that play it's going to have the real ending and not the focus group Hollywood ending if you screw up though
>>
>>47589227
No, don't make any more jumps. You're not wanted.
>>
>>47589232
yeah but neither is anyone else judging by salt levels
>>
>>47589154
Would that even work? I mean, and I've only seen the movie version with Rick Moranis, the only reason things got as bad as they did is because Seymour was so easily manipulated. Even without your powers, the whole plot could be avoided by throwing Audrey II in an incinerator before he gets too big.
>>
>>47589239
Wrong. Go away. Your jumps are not wanted here, the past has proven that well enough.
>>
>>47589246
>Would that even work? I mean, and I've only seen the movie version with Rick Moranis, the only reason things got as bad as they did is because Seymour was so easily manipulated. Even without your powers, the whole plot could be avoided by throwing Audrey II in an incinerator before he gets too big.

That's going to be a 300 point drawback, also it's widely accepted the plant has some kind of thought control
>>
File: Raising STR.jpg (33 KB, 390x219) Image search: [Google]
Raising STR.jpg
33 KB, 390x219
Have you ever hit the gym with your Jumper persona?

http://puu sh/peqFl/0d62d5c7a4.webm
>>
>>47589250
Yeah, but whose are? According to the thread every single Jumpmaker is terrible. Maybe Bancho is what we deserve.
>>
>>47589054
Crusader looks pretty sweet. Thanks for the suggestion, friendo.
>>
>>47589275
Stop exaggerating idiot.
>>
>>47589118
I do, yes. In general I've seen quite a few people do, myself included. Disagree if you like, but don't presume to speak for everyone.

>>47589153
>>47589132
>monks can't gain more monk levels at all if they multiclass unless they take a prestige class

Ouch.

>>47589261
Bancho, please learn to take a hint. When people tell you, specifically, to not make a jump it is a good idea to not make a jump.

In any case weren't you threatening to work on two others nobody cared about? I'm kinda relieved you seem to have given up on those.
>>
File: shut up mimsy.gif (555 KB, 476x328) Image search: [Google]
shut up mimsy.gif
555 KB, 476x328
>>47589275
>>
>>47589275
I know you think you're funny every time you post something like this.

But I have to be honest: You're not helping. I'm not even one of the people who're offended, I'm just tired of seeing many, many threads from all kinds of boards full of people who can't tell that just because their shitposting is ironic doesn't mean it isn't shitposting.

>>47589263
Technically, yes.

I had to pay for damages to the gym walls afterwards, though.
>>
File: ba0EN.jpg (44 KB, 340x565) Image search: [Google]
ba0EN.jpg
44 KB, 340x565
>>47589263
Yes. It went badly.
>>
File: TerryFlex.gif (499 KB, 311x289) Image search: [Google]
TerryFlex.gif
499 KB, 311x289
>>47589263
Some times I pose as a personal trainer just to be dick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AuIURhCoAA
>>
File: ednamode.jpg (121 KB, 1007x420) Image search: [Google]
ednamode.jpg
121 KB, 1007x420
So, trying to make a low-ish power supers jump...
>>47580979 this guy tells me to also look at the Extra material. (Thanks by the way.) So, I do that the next morning.

mfw guy who makes radiation bursts 100m wide that can cause complete disintegration

mfw guy who creates seismic waves... unassisted, earthquakes at 6.0 on Richter Scale, with an unknown limit using amplifying hammers.

mfw guy who amps personal density up into black hole territory

...What the fuck happened with these extra files.
>>
>>47589449
But anon, why not actually train them. Use jumper powers, pick that one really meek fat dude in the gym who really wants to lose weight, and be the hero Terry knows you can be.

Also it would be kinda funny.
>>
>>47589469
Wat. HOW THE FUCK DID SYNDROME KILL THEM!?
>>
>>47589469
Seriously? That shit's in the Incredibles? I gotta call bullshit, because there's no way they would have lost to that ball-shaped robot that Mr Incredible literally rippped apart before its' final upgrade.

Unless Mr Incredible is suddenly stronger than a black hole now.
>>
>>47589490
>>47589469
Yeah, starting to think this may be a pokedex situation.
>>
>>47589485
And he threw the robot into lava before getting into shape by lifting trains. TRAINS.
>>
>>47589485
>>47589490
They were retired for years (maybe a decade) and really let themselves go?
>>
>>47589485
>>47589490
don't think any of these got killed by Syndrome... But yeah, bullshit.

>>47589501
Yeah...
>>
>>47589480
I do, but first I have to be a complete dick. If they are dumb/determined enough to stick around and take it, then I can start being a helpful dick.
>>
>>47589510
Look, I realise it's unreasonable to assume absolutely everyone has watched the same Disney movies I have but-having watched the Incredibles I can safely say those feats are far, far, far, far, far, far, FAR beyond any of the example adult superheroes shown in the movie or talked about.

I mean-even by cartoon standards going from lifting trains to being dense as a literal black hole is dumb.
>>
>>47589469
Shit like this is why I disregard anything that isn't in the media itself.
>>
>>47589539
I dunno man, when a super fit muscled guy offers to train you at a gym for free, but then treats you like shit and doesn't train you well, they might get the idea that you're doing this as a cruel joke. Which isn't cool, man.
>>
>>47589502
Incredible is pretty stronk, yeah.

>>47589510
Fifteen years, actually. But still.

>>47589551
Very true.

>>47589560
Point. But there are actually pretty cool powers that aren't absolutely redonkulous in there.

Anyway, gonna assume a Pokedex situation, and put reasonable versions in the jump.
>>
>>47589551
Eh, what about DC? Like, there are people there who can only pick up cars, and then you have people like Superman or Shazam or whoever that can pick up buildings and hit each other with them all day without tiring.
>>
File: Mordian_Iron_Guard.jpg (91 KB, 600x873) Image search: [Google]
Mordian_Iron_Guard.jpg
91 KB, 600x873
>>47588992
>Mordian Iron Guard
FUCK YEAH.
>>
>>47589601
Incredibles isn't DC though, and Mr Incredible seems to have been a fairly top-tier cape given he's on speaking terms with Edna long after retirement and they talk shop for a bit.
>>
>>47589637
True about the DC bit, but i'm pretty sure you don't have to be a top-tier cape to be friends with the person who designs costumes.
>>
>>47589601
It seems to be lower power than that through. Besides...

>>47589637
He's also listed as a threat rating of 9.1 in Syndrome's database. out of 10.0 that's pretty high up there.
>>
Not including Raildex, Worm, or any other setting you have a similar single power choice in what are the best precognition perks in the chain?
>>
Haven't seen any of the Doom nor Doom (2016) builds yet. So Jumpers, let's see some Rip and Tear!
>>
File: Bl2rznd.gif (925 KB, 800x444) Image search: [Google]
Bl2rznd.gif
925 KB, 800x444
>>47589564
I have If you can dodge a…from Dodgeball, so technically it's great training, but I admit that only someone with a bad case of Shounen stupidity syndrome will get anything from it. I'm mostly just a cosmic troll at this point.
>>
>>47589656
To be fair, given how Syndrome obsesses over Mr. Incredible it's possible that his rating is biased.
>>
>>47589656
Huh. Is that in the Extra's or something? Been a while since I watched the Incredibles.
>>
>>47589656
Well syndrome actuallly had a complex about him too.

Either way the heros didnt seem to have super over the top powers. Except jackjack and maybe dynaguy.

Didnt one chick have the power to fly and talk to.birds as her only abilities and still managed to be a top hero?
>>
>>47589731
To be fair, Mr. Incredible does singlehandedly beat the second-strongest version of the Omnidroid by himself.
>>
>>47589749
Batman "just" has the power of being extremely wealthy and having too much free time.
>>
File: image.png (386 KB, 630x950) Image search: [Google]
image.png
386 KB, 630x950
>>47588017
>tfw I originally went Gun + Requip just because Gun magic users are shit in canon
>tfw I never actually used either magic outside of FT
>tfw ended up retconning it to Air Dragonslayer.

But hey, I ended up accidentally/not accidentally daughteru-ing Wendy, so everything turned out okay, even if I betrayed myself in the process.

Pic mostly unrelated.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 803x1122) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 803x1122
>>47589627
They have nothing on Scintillan Fusiliers.
>>
>>47589751
Theoretically the second strongest. The development process that Syndrome went through was "can this defeat Mr. Incredible". It's entirely possible that there were previous iterations that would have fared poorly against him but would have crushed other superheroes. Power levels aren't a strict linear scale.
>>
>>47589785
Bullshit he also has extreme super durability.
>>
>>47589731
>>47589749
...True. I mean, Elastigirl only got a 2.2 in comparison.

Also, radiation guy apparently did get killed by one of the latter robots.

>>47589751
There is that.

>>47589745
Nah, that's in the scene with the computer database, when Incredible's seeing the records of all the supers that got killed during the testing of the robots.

>>47589749
Yup. Jack-Jack and his ridiculous array of powers is bullshit, but hilarious. Dynaguy is pretty nice too with disintegration ray, only 5m range through so that limits it a bit.

Aside from that and these weird outliers, they seem pretty reasonable overal in terms of powers.
>>
>>47589803
Well no. The development process was pitting it against heroes and making the new version able to counter whatever the hero who destroyed it had as their power.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 517x792) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 517x792
>>47589802
Here's what their officers look like.
>>
>>47589821
Mekboy washington approves.
>>
>>47589808
He has extreme normal durability or bottom of the barrel super durability at best. Hit him in the back of the head with a pipe and he drops.
>>
>>47588333

Digger you beautiful bastard. Imagine my surprise when I check the drive this morning after not following this thread for a month.

Even without the extra Scenario and new Cell Medal stuff, the jump is awesome.
>>
>>47589811
Right. So there were probably a lot of features that got cut out over time. Not every countermeasure is going to be compatible with all the previous ones, so it's likely that some would be removed for the sake of streamlining the design. And since the ultimate goal was "defeat Mr. Incredible and prove myself a better hero than he could ever be", I imagine that the systems that wouldn't be useful in fighting him got cut first. Like, the systems that were used to kill Gazerbeam probably aren't in the final design, because countering eye lasers isn't a priority when it comes to fighting a guy whose powers are super strength and durability.
>>
>>47589847
Throw him through multiple brick walls and he stands back up anon. That is not normal.
>>
>>47589859
That's only your assumption. There ARE superheroes and Syndrome already has tech that's not realistically possible.
>>
>>47589865
I...think you're meant to believe his batsuit soaked up most of the impact.

Then again Doom once killed a lion with his bare hands without his powers so-comics have some pretty fucked ideas about what baseline humans can do.
>>
>>47589875
They* are
>>
>>47589809
Wait. Seismic shock guy got killed by robot too. By the damn third version. Okay. Yeah, this is Incredibles: pokedex edition really hard.

In other news, jump is going along decently. Anyone got an opinion on whether or not I should split up Mr Incredible's strength and durability into two different purchases or have it bundled together? Leaning towards the former myself.
>>
>>47589802
>>47589832
>Space French
>Better than space Prussians
Sometimes you're just so embarrassing.
>>
>>47589875
Sure, but it's consistent with what we see of the robot's design. It looks to be a pretty streamlined build. And it certainly doesn't seem to have every tool it could ever need to kill any of the superheroes its fought, so it seems reasonable to assume that the design got pared down to the essentials.
>>
Fuck you, I choose sarsaparilla!
>>
>>47589897
Provided the split one won't take a perk slot, I'd rather have them as two 200-400 powers than one 400-800.
>>
>>47589919
>sarsaparilla
>current plane
>not choosing root beer master race
Pleb.
>>
>>47589909
Sure, it might seem reasonable. But I'm much more willing to consider that the series just massively overstates most of the heroes powers and that it could have just gotten constant durability and strength, possibly size and shape, upgrades over time.
>>
>>47589909
It gets bigger each time, and what would be the point? He's not building it to assassinate specific heroes, he's building it to crush any hero.
>>
>>47589909
Don't we get to see what the insides of the robots? From what I remember, it consists mostly of wires and that AI core at the center.
>>
>>47589944
*look like?
>>
>>47589909
Eh, I find >>47589929 to make more sense. Enough strength, speed and toughness can generally take out anything physical, and the few heroes that seem to be beyond what the machine could have harmed physically like that blackhole or earthquake guy seem like really big outliers/pokedex examples. It also makes sense if you're looking at Syndrome's goals, where he's mostly using the other heroes as a test stage for when he makes the machine fight Mr Incredible.
>>
>>47589929
Also possible. To be honest, my actual assumption is somewhere in between. That the stated power levels are an exaggeration and that the robot has a streamlined design. I guess I'm just playing Devil's advocate.

>>47589936
That's actually what I'm saying. It's not got every countermeasure it could ever need in there, instead going for a generalized build. It probably did have a specific counter for every hero killed in the design process at one point, but then afterwards the design was reassessed and stripped down to only what was really needed.
>>
>>47589944
Iirc the robots biggest strength was it could learn and adapt to enemies.
>>
>>47589973
If the end goal is just making something powerful enough to defeat Mr Incredible, I just don't see why he'd even bother with temporary countermeasures for heroes that aren't really anything more then a test stage. What's the point of going to the effort of making a specific counter for say, hydrokinesis when you know it won't be included for later versions, instead of just making it strong enough to bullrush through the power?
>>
>>47589992
I guess I'm working under the assumption that the robot is to some degree self-designing. A genetic algorithm dictating what each new generation is, which he then goes over and prunes. But then again, that's how a modern day person would do it. The Incredibles is set in the 60s, so I might be making a bit of a huge assumption, here. He's probably doing it the hard way.
>>
>>47590019
>>47589992
Don't forget he's also spiteful and has the end goal of making nobody super, killing off superheroes could have been his way of killing time before he was ready to make his debut.
>>
>>47590019
He had futuretech though so who knows.
>>
>>47589922
Alright then, I'll go with that. It won't take up a slot that would've been taken by something else, no.

Going with a separate Powers section, instead of putting them into perk trees. I mean, just from Jack-Jack, I already got like 8 different powers. Currently hovering at a total of 22 to 26. That doesn't really work for the standard trees.
>>
>>47590019
I just agree with >>47589992 - why come up with specific counters that have to be pruned when you can come up with general counters? E.g., hydrokinesis -> sealed casing and internals, resistance to pressure and erosion, and so on.
>>
>>47590019
Given how Syndrome seems to make all his tech himself (Or at least claims to do so and we've little reason to doubt given he was doing so as a kid), how the spiel Mirage gives Mr Incredible when recruiting him is almost 100% full of shit and how there's not really any more evidence then Mirage's one statement of it 'learning' (Which is not only during her bullshit spiel, but can just as easily apply to how it acts, rather then actual physical adaptation)- I think there's not enough basis to assume that it is self designing.
>>
>>47590053
Just seems kind of pointless to do the testing against superheroes at all, then. Just build it as strong and tough as you can. You can do the materials testing without having to have superheroes fight it, having the data on the maximum amount of force they can put out would help but not be necessary. Though as >>47590030 points out, he could have just wanted to kill them all anyway and the "product testing" thing was just an excuse for it. That does fit his personality.
>>
>>47590102
Well, someone raised the idea of it's AI being the thing that learns and adapts. He could have been using the various superheroes as a training program while only upgrading it's strength and durability. It's strong, fast and tough enough to take on anything and it knows how to kill dozens of different types of enemies through live combat training against them.
>>
>>47590056
Actually, don't we see it learning? Syndrome uses his remote to stop it for a second, it sees that shit, slaps him silly, and the remote goes flying out of his hand.
>>
>>47589925
Go suck an artificial vanilla dick.
>>
>>47590180
Yes, hence why I suggested that might just apply to it's AI, rather then it physically evolving. Please pay attention.
>>
If the maker of Metal Wolf Chaos jump is around,

>you can do the impossible, see the invisible, touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable simply by declaring your position as Commander in Chief. Only works if you are, at that moment in time, the President of these great United States of America.
>And The Reason Is requires you be the democraticallyelected President of a recognizable post1776 United States of America not the "well there's no Earth in this Jump so I must be it" President or the "kneel before Zod" President. You have to follow the process. You're welcome to cheat your way through it, everyone else does, but you have to have done the thing with the primaries and the elections and be widely acknowledged as being the legitimate ruler of the free world. Ifyou'vegotsomeOPhistorybendingpowerordeclarationofconceptpowerthatmakes you God of Being President then... sure, that counts, you've already blown that power curve.

Just to confirm, since it's 100 CP and all the primary effect of the perk is meant to be emulating what Michael Wilson does in the game correct?

It just occured to me the exact wording borders on omnipotence if taken word for word, maybe provide some example feats of what you can do with it?
>>
>>47590196
I don't see where you talked about it's AI Anon.
>>
>>47590225
>Which is not only during her bullshit spiel, but can just as easily apply to how it acts, rather then actual physical adaptation
>can just as easily apply to how it acts, rather then actual physical adaptation
Please read posts you respond to fully.
>>
>>47590231
I did Anon, I just didn't realize that's what you meant by AI.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.