[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: Bestgeneral.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Bestgeneral.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Free power fist is waacfaggotry edition
>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: 40kgeneralbingo.png (263 KB, 1200x1400) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneralbingo.png
263 KB, 1200x1400
>>47575138
Let's start the general with some bingo.
>>
File: 1448241571046.jpg (75 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
1448241571046.jpg
75 KB, 600x620
New bases are nice.
>>
>>47575138
>autistic johnny memer is mad some kid called him out on his meme.
Well done.
>>
File: vedros-starter-08.jpg (238 KB, 1200x842) Image search: [Google]
vedros-starter-08.jpg
238 KB, 1200x842
>>47575138
remove Johnny
>>
>>47575173
yeah if you like putting no effort into modeling
>>
What are some interesting, non-bike setups for command squads?
>>
>>47575217
SMASHFUCKER PRIME.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Master_Smashfucker#SUPER-GIGA-MEGAULTRA_APOCALYPTIC_SMASHFUCKER_SSG10_.28165_points.29
>>
>>47575173
That color palette makes them look less than impressive. The price is the real surprise here.
>>
>>47575138
Let's make an Inquisition Ordo.
>>
>>47575205
I don't intend to buy those bases because the style would clash, but basing is easily my least favorite part of the hobby. Well, removing mold lines might be worst.
>>
>>47575205
Everyone knows real hobbyists sculpt their own miniatures from scratch.
>>
>>47575141
>Give me 1 good reasons squats aren't a playable army in 40k
so?
>>
>>47575205
That's a bad thing? Basing sucks.

>>47575231
I hope they do more themes.
>>
>>47575191
> The Space Marine player fight with their models first, such is the superhuman skill of their warriors
Bloody Veiled I2 memery has spilt over.
>>
>>47575217
I like to use mine as a bunker for a Libby Conclave, so an apothecary is mandatory. Champion is also an auto-include because Sword&Board is sick. The others get some mixture of Storm Shields and/or Meltaguns.
>>
Hi where are the Centurions?
>>
>>47575250
GW themselves have stated that all GW products are valid for 40k, no matter how old. Just use the most recent rules for them.

Therefore Squats are valid for 40k. You just gotta use the 2nd edition rules for them.
>>
>>47575271
Or Space Marines will almost always strike first against Orks, so it's easier to do it this way for a simplified, introductory version of the game.
>>
File: NO.jpg (105 KB, 1554x789) Image search: [Google]
NO.jpg
105 KB, 1554x789
>>47575174
>>47575191
>>
Friend and I have been doing 1,5k points and we're wanting to slow down a bit so we can play multiple games a day instead of just one, so we're halving it to 750 points.

Is there any basic guide on important units for a list that small?

We're doing one game with Flyers and one game without Flyers.
>>
>>47575326
>more images with meme text.
This is getting embarrassing. Johnny memers are the worst sadly.
>>
File: 2u.jpg (241 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
2u.jpg
241 KB, 986x553
>>47575138
>>
>>47575377
Why is there so much Tau hate, anyways?

They're neither the only OP book, nor the most OP book.

Is it all oldfags dreaming of 2nd edition or something? I started Tau because of DoW, and it wasn't shocking to find the book was considering imbalanced, but the hatred is strange.
>>
>>47575232
Anyone? Is there an Ordo for monitoring mutations?
>>
>>47575409
It's a long story. It goes back to ye olden days of Fish of Fury, the initial Tau reaction, recent Tau updates and fluff.
>>
Repost from old thread, what's a good way to get into Death Korps on a smaller scale?
>>
>>47575409
Marine players are the most numerous and fanatical about the game. Tau lists destroy most marine lists. Do the math.
>>
>>47575409
Its because most "tau players" are suit spamming fucks who complain that their shit isn't op, needs a buff, is completely fair and reasonable,and are the same tier as guard.

The tau hate didn't spawn from air. It was earned.
>>
>>47575409
People have a soft spot for the Eldar, despite the fact that they're also consistently OP, and hating on marines is more popular among people who don't collect them.

Tau are less well-liked as a race as well as having nice stuff, so they're the target of choice.
>>
>>47575409
It's because tau draws in the worst of all Waacfaggots. The stereotype is that the typical tau player brings 5 riptides to 1000 point games, and complains that they're undercosted/underpowered/shit/perfectly balanced.

And the sad thing about this stereotype is that it's actually fucking true. It literally happened last general with a tau faggot bragging about how he brought 5 riptides to a 1000 point game.

The only tau player at my FLGS owns 9 riptides and 4 stormsurges, and he does all of the above, including bringing multiple riptides and/or stormsurges to casual games.
>>
>>47575409
Non-marine players are the most numerous and fanatical about the game. Tau lists destroy most non-eldar lists. Do the math
>>
>>47575446
>Its because most "tau players" are suit spamming fucks who complain that their shit isn't op, needs a buff, is completely fair and reasonable,and are the same tier as guard.

For every one Tau player I've met like these, I've heard a dozen people bitch about them.

SM, Eldar, and IG tend to be the worst players to be around, in my experience. Well no- it's actually non-IG non-SM Imperium players. Gray Knights, Inquisition, et.al., that are the worst.
>>
>>47575409
Wana see proof?
Markerlights should be able to be nullified by cover saves.
>>
>>47575486
Your meta sounds completely wrong.
>>
>>47575468
They cant help themselves. Just steer clear of anyone with a Tau army.
>>
>>47575468
>The stereotype is that the typical tau player brings 5 riptides to 1000 point games, and complains that they're undercosted/underpowered/shit/perfectly balanced.
>And the sad thing about this stereotype is that it's actually fucking true. It literally happened last general with a tau faggot bragging about how he brought 5 riptides to a 1000 point game.
>The only tau player at my FLGS owns 9 riptides and 4 stormsurges, and he does all of the above, including bringing multiple riptides and/or stormsurges to casual games.

So let's see.

We have a bias.

We see one person confirm that bias, despite probably an entire thread worth of Tau players not confirming the bias. But you still treat that as evidence.

Then, you act like one person in your meta can be evidence for the entire playerbase as a faction. You acknowledge that you only have one data point in the same sentence you act as though it matters.

So, basically, I see all the hallmarks of perception bias.
>>
>>47575486
There are two types of tau players on tg

>Apologetic old tau fags who want older fluff to come back and hate the current state of tau players
>New weeb and mecha fanboy club who build the most cheesiest lists they can and then start bitching that marines are op

Nothing in the middle.
>>
>>47575409
the faction produces the most annoying fanboys
>>
>>47575439
Buy fewer Death Korps models.
>>
>one post last thread where a Tau player was being a fag
>30 posts this thread about what fags Tau players are

Anti-Taufags are the problem.
>>
How do corsairs rate among the armies of 40k? I like elves, but don't feel like doing wraithshit or bike spam

Also the conversions are unlimited.
>>
>>47575551
They're both faggots and have been ruining threads on the reg since the Tau update last year.
>>
>>47575409
Tau have become the favored son and the most popular faction, due to the convergence of /tg/ and /a/ fanbases over the last decade.

This makes people who dislike change angry.
>>
>just started 40 a few months ago
>chose Necrons and built an army for league play at my LGS
>people often psychically recoil when I say I play Necrons, dont wants to play me because of cheese no matter how basic my list (just decurion with harvest)
>starting to buy stuff for second army of Tau

Am I a horrible person or do people just like bitching? People complain about enhanced reanimation while they modify FNP and cover saves to ungodly levels and drop pod spam ironclad dreads.
>>
>>47575600
The army is cheesy as fuck though famb-a-lamb.
>>
>>47575624
Nobody hates the other cheesey armies with the same zeal.
>>
File: image.png (26 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26 KB, 1024x1024
>>47575621

What are you doing with your life anon.
>>
>>47575621
>Am I a horrible person or do people just like bitching?

The latter.

Don't play with people like that. They're going to bitch nonstop if they lose, and gloat nonstop if they win.
>>
>>47575621
>people often psychically recoil
>psychically recoil
>psychically
What the fuck.
>>
How gimped will I be running a 1500 point 30k army in a 40k game? How about 1850?
>>
>>47575468
>It's because tau draws in the worst of all Waacfaggots.
Whatever army currently allows for the biggest min maxing draws them. Used to be BA, then GK, then CSM, then Knights, then Eldar and the cycle continutes.
What adds to the Tau hate is the 40k players that hate them due to not being part of their "grimdark"

>>47575497
Make markerlights assault weapons or rapid fire and you've got a deal
I'll use markerlights to ignore cover for markelights

>>47575645
So no one has ever hated another army in such a way? Not GK back when they got warded? Not knights when they were released, then got the re-roll invul formation? Not Eldar when they got D-weapon spam?
>>
>>47575661
Idk, 40k has been one big downward spiral for me. I used to play vidya, now I just paint shit all night.

>>47575664
I'm playing in a league with a bunch of random folks I dont really know. It's been good experience so far and not everyone is like that at the table, but off the table it's mostly bitching.
>>
>>47575645
Every Tau player at my flgs and at the GW, are suit spamming former Taudar fags. 2/3 of them insist on playing 2000 points and are running 2 Stormsurges.
>>
>>47575600
Your change is shit and you know it. Fluff has been in decline and has been receding every single codex. Then, Monka and Koyon comes along and slaps a big pile of shit ontop of everything else. Multiple peoples armies are butchered and used as cannon fodder to show off the new Ghostkeelâ„¢ and Stormsurgeâ„¢

ChapterMasters are killed underhandedly, special characters are given un-character like profiles that push the Tauâ„¢ forward, the best of the best can have their shit pushed in to show off a Tau commander, The youngest race that is also the most skilledâ„¢ at stealth, strategy, and technologyâ„¢ and can build any thing to solve any problem.

Tau was a spot before but now its full blown cancer
>>
>>47575595
No one will want to play with you because forgeworld
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (378 KB, 854x1116) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
378 KB, 854x1116
>>47575684
STFU you fucking blunt.
>>
>>47575684
physically*

no idea how that happened.
>>
Favorite Ordo? I love all three major Ordos equally but I love Hereticus and Xenos the most.
>>47575684
Anon, flgs is filled with psykers.
>>47575716
Anon, don't lie to the Black Ships.
>>
>>47575497
That would be retarded, though.

Cover saves need to stop being used as a discount invuln, making them stop MLs would only accelerate us down the path that AP2, Jink, etc have sent us down.

If you want to reduce the number of ML hits Tau get, which is a strange way to nerf them, there are way better and more interesting ways to do it.

For example: what if MLs didn't take effect until the following phase, but lasted a full turn? You'd have to light up targets in advance, adding a layer of strategy. But in exchange they last longer, so Tau players get something cool in exchange (as opposed to typical GW balancing, which involves giving an interesting mechanic as a pure drawback, ex: Orks, CSM).
>>
>>47575697
>I used to play vidya, now I just paint shit all night.
are you me?
>>
>>47575702
Here, we have an example of the worst kind of Tau hater.

Go take your meds, grandpa.
>>
>>47575702
>surprised that the Tau, a now very popular faction, is getting the fluff and models to match.
so salty
>>
Tau was a mistake.
>>
>>47575735
Markerlights are too powerful of a mechanic to have such easy access to.
Tau need to be toned down a bit if you ask me. They have mobility, all kinds of dakka, and durability. Making the Stormsurge a GC when it appears to be less mobile and more walker-like than an Imperial Knight? Feels kind of cheesy to me.
>>
>>47575684
Necron Null-fields, obviously.

>>47575749
He's not entirely wrong, though the hate has obviously been blown out of proportion. It's less what the Tau actually do during those two books (seriously, they lose Aun'Va, fucking Aun'Va), and more how it's written. We're all well aware that most Codices portray their own faction with a bias, which is fine, but a good portion of the Warzone Damocles books cannot stop furiously masturbating to how advanced, logical, collective, precise, technological, skilled, incredible, awe-inspiring or whatever the hell the writer feels like attributing to the Tau name. The last nails in the coffin are that one time where, with minimal effort, they butcher a few Companies' worth of Astartes near the beginning of the campaign (seriously, no faction should ever have to suffer that kind of loss for the sake of fluffing up a character) and the Tau being somewhat reasonable upon hearing of Aun'Va's death, suggesting that ANOTHER key fluff-weakness of the Tau has been removed while they're only getting better at everything they do.
>>
>>47575167
Been awhile since busty roughriders
>>
>>47575708

Have you seen the shit craftworld eldar pull? No way corsairs are worse.

Tons of people at my store are fine with triple wraithknight lists.
>>
File: 1414434268864.jpg (33 KB, 500x560) Image search: [Google]
1414434268864.jpg
33 KB, 500x560
>>47575747
I imagine we're fairly interchangeable.
>>
>>47575645
I know when I started 40K in the middle-ish of 6e. I picked GK. And I got so much shit for it, apparently it was leftovers from 5e, even though at the time the big cheese was 360 degree Heldrakes and Vendetta spam
>>
>>47575702
>Fluff has been in decline and has been receding every single codex.

That has nothing to do with Tau.

>Then, Monka and Koyon comes along

If you're going to rant, at least know what it is you're talking about.

>ChapterMasters are killed underhandedly,

What the fuck? Underhanded tactics dont belong in 40k fluff? Are you actually autistic?

>the best of the best can have their shit pushed in to show off a Tau commander, The youngest race that is also the most skilledâ„¢ at stealth, strategy, and technologyâ„¢ and can build any thing to solve any problem.

Should the Tau lose every encounter against every threat, just because the opponent is the "best of the best"? Oh no, did your precious Space Marines who never lose, lose? Have you forgotten that EVERY army gets told how awesome they are? You can't BTFO an entire faction just because White Scars are supposed to be "an unstoppable force on the battlefield, my codex says so".

And, somewhere in here, you've managed to overlook that the leader of their ENTIRE FACTION got popped, and the planet they fought so hard to take got melted. And what did the Tau pull off in return? They killed a Chapter Master who didn't exist before the books, and some unknown number of rank and file marines.
>>
>>47575645
I actually hate eldar more but I fucking hate Tau to
>>
>>47575735
Personally rather 1 ML reduces cover save by 1.
So if you want to remove my 2+ cover save spend 5 ML vs 2.
>>
>>47575805
I don't get why any of the Tau walkers are MCs. Even lore wise they're just fuck huge robots. Wraithknights being MCs is OK because warp magic.
>>
>>47575820
Yea, this is an older version of Bingo, I haven't bothered to update it with more recent memes. Busty Roughriders died when someone took it seriously enough to actually make some.
>>
>>47575827
probably. Do you also live deepinawoods with your parents and suffer from daily depression?
>>
>>47575232
Ordo Chickunus

Monitors general threads.
>>
File: gundtau.jpg (47 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
gundtau.jpg
47 KB, 800x600
Tua hate makes me want to paint my army in the most weebish scheme possible.
>>
Why the fuck don't the White Scars, Bangles and Dangles get any special units or characters? Not even their Primachs!

Are they adding them in later?
>>
>>47575874
Nah, innaswamp and more lazy than depressed I suspect.
>>
>>47575886
That is actually pretty cool.
>>
>>47575886
>no V-fin
>>
>>47575497
The only problem with Markerlight is how easily they completely strip cover saves. It should go like 1 ML for 1 save reduction, 3 ML for 2 save reduction, 5 ML for 3 save reduction, etc.
>>47575735
Jinking should be an Invuln like other "dodge" saves.
>>
File: NQ1RY9y.jpg (246 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
NQ1RY9y.jpg
246 KB, 900x1200
>>47575845
>So hard in denial he has to atribute an army when the poster didn't state any

You are the reason tau hate exists. As a guardsplayer who had to unpleasure to have to read the new books to look at my lousy excuse for a decurion, go fuck yourself. If you are going to talk about a subject, how about you take out your own bias before trying to call out others.
>>
>>47575890
>Space Marines getting new units

Not likely.
>>
>>47575530
It's good to be blind, huh?
>>
>>47575805
>Markerlights are too powerful of a mechanic to have such easy access to.

I disagree. Ignores Cover and boosting BS isn't as good for Tau as it would be for other factions. Obviously MLs are very good, but I don't think they're so good that they need to be dramatically restricted.

Changing the amounts of bonus MLs give is way more reasonable than granting saves, because the balance is more fine tuned. Change reducing cover back to 1 for 1, if you want. Make seeker missiles etc take two tokens. That makes way more sense than giving saves across the board.

>Tau need to be toned down a bit if you ask me. They have mobility, all kinds of dakka, and durability.

I agree 100%. But MLs aren't the problem, as you say yourself.

>Making the Stormsurge a GC when it appears to be less mobile and more walker-like than an Imperial Knight? Feels kind of cheesy to me.

The only walker-that-is-actually-a-MC who deserves the status is the Avatar, IMO. Tau, Eldar, Admech, and anyone else with one of those should have to deal with AV like the rest of the walkers.
>>
>>47575873
For a newfag, what are busty rough risers
>>
>>47575940
Markerlights are the problem though. Low tier armies are low because most of them only have acess to Coversaves and the tau have the fountain stream of 4++ saves and ignores cover.
>>
>>47575890
>>47575935
whoops sorry meant in Horus Heresy
every other legion covered so far gets them, why not them?
>>
>>47575930
"I don't play SM" doesn't somehow make the rest of your retarded points any less retarded. All you've done is identified the most meaningless point in the whole post as incorrect, and then used that as fuel to ignore everything else. You're a retard.
>>
>>47575880
I did base an Inquisitor on the chicken meme. I'm not ashamed to admit it.
>>47575886
Is than an old school broadside?
>>
File: rWhtZs6.jpg (186 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
rWhtZs6.jpg
186 KB, 500x708
>>47575945
For a time, if anyone asked advice on what army to start in these generals, they would get about 20 or so replies saying just "BUSTY", or "BUSTY ROUGH RIDERS".

What it's actually referring to is making an entire guard regiment of busty centaur abhuman rough riders. Literally pic related, but as a Guard Regiment. The meme stopped when someone actually made the army, and everyone lost their minds for a whole week.
>>
>>47575952
What?

You think Deldar, Orks, and CSM getting to take cover saves would fix their books?

What, exactly, are you smoking? Is your meta exclusively low tier books and Tau, or something?

The low tier books are low tier because they can't compete with ANY of the stronger books. Granting them saves against Tau wouldn't put them on par with Tau, let alone ignoring every other army stronger than them.
>>
>>47575530
>Everyone I hate is in league with each other

You don't have to be this salty. You can stop.
>>
>>47575952
Just make spending 1ML per cover save value. So a model behind 2+ cover would require 5 MLs to lose it entirely. I'm a Tau player and I agree taht only 2 to remove ALL cover is too much.
>>
File: 1443986362256.png (408 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
1443986362256.png
408 KB, 500x517
>>47575973
Pics plz.
>>
>>47575994
I mostly agree with you, but DEldar are actually pretty sweet with a good use of cover saves, nothing top-tier by any means but they can still bring a good bit of hurt.
>>
What do Tau vs Tau matches look like?

I've never seen one, because I'm the only Tau in my group.
>>
>>47575845
To be fair those books were hot garbage. Just look at the art and how it was written
>THis IG guy is undefeated and studied Tau tactics for like forever
>Proceeds to blunder forward like an ape with no thought or strategy getting slaughtered at least the IA books on much the same thing was written better and the Tau used some foresight rather than just plain stupidity of their opponents. And I think that most people that have a problem despite the death of Space Pope was because it effected nothing Like the death of a certain CM but whatever. The death of the emps threw the Imperium into the shithole it is now, but the Tau were just like 'Eh, make a video of him or something.'
>>
>>47575953
>whoops sorry meant in Horus Heresy

There's a thread for that >>47570876
>>
>>47576033
>And I think that most people that have a problem despite the death of Space Pope was because it effected nothing

I believe you're correct. But I also believe that's a retarded reason for those people to have.

It CAN'T affect the Empire. That's how 40k fucking works. It's frozen.

You want the plot to advance, that's a whole casserole of its own.
>>
File: 1444405873630.jpg (512 KB, 800x984) Image search: [Google]
1444405873630.jpg
512 KB, 800x984
>>47575886
I think that'd be pretty neat. Just don't forget the waifus
>>
>>47576025
>DEldar are actually pretty sweet with a good use of cover saves, nothing top-tier by any means but they can still bring a good bit of hurt.

Pre or post FAQ ?

There's one guy in my meta who plays them, but I haven't played him in a while.
>>
>>47576022
I don't have the images anymore, they were lost awhile ago. You should probably ask for Busty Rough Riders in the WIP thread, as I have no doubt someone over there still has the pictures.
>>
File: 2483208-2114905390-tumbl.png (220 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
2483208-2114905390-tumbl.png
220 KB, 500x492
>My first game against tau was against 2 forgeworld riptides as orks
>in 1000 points

Didnt know what to expect.
>>
>>47575962
Thats a crises battlesuit
>>
>>47575845
>That has nothing to do with Tau.

It actually has alot to do with tau seeing as battlesutis are now the hotcakes in 40k

>If you're going to rant, at least know what it is you're talking about.

You should do the same. Even eldar players acknowledge that their shit is broken and OP and you could do the same. Also, from every ones else view, that book was a giant fan wank. The only people who justify it are faggots like carnac.

>What the fuck? Underhanded tactics dont belong in 40k fluff? Are you actually autistic?
>Underhandidly obviously means tactics rite? amirte?

>Should the Tau lose every encounter against every threat, just because the opponent is the "best of the best"? Oh no, did your precious Space Marines who never lose, lose? Have you forgotten that EVERY army gets told how awesome they are? You can't BTFO an entire faction just because White Scars are supposed to be "an unstoppable force on the battlefield, my codex says so".

They should loose alot more encounters then they do rather then, "Oh shit, near struggle moment" saved by a "Look out, sir!" or a "We built something better!"

>And, somewhere in here, you've managed to overlook that the leader of their ENTIRE FACTION got popped, and the planet they fought so hard to take got melted. And what did the Tau pull off in return? They killed a Chapter Master who didn't exist before the books, and some unknown number of rank and file marines.

>And you now have managed to OVERLOOK AN ENTIRE ARMY

Guard was in there aswell but who cares about npc races, right?

And while we are at it, fuck the ravenguard! AMIRITE? You guys got to keep aun'va and use him as a hologram while the SM Chapter master was used as fodder. The chapter that needed the most shit worked out.

Also, you beat the shit out of pask after he was presented as an asshole badguy, killed 30 scions in a combat encounter with no sweat broken sans the "Look out, sir!" that had to made by the Stockholm syndrome guardsmen
>>
>>47576031
I think it's like watching two turtles with guns on their backs trying to out operator each other.
>>
>>47576076
My mistake. I don't have time for Tau, so I don't really study their lore much.
>>
>>47575409
Because marines and eldar are the only ones allowed to be op, because they have been around longer. Marine players are the whiniest bitches there are. I use one riptide and zero stormsurges, and about 4 suits to go along with my 40 fire warriors and 3 broadsides, and they STILL bitch. Its all they are good for.
>>
File: 1463595108764.jpg (72 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1463595108764.jpg
72 KB, 500x376
>>47575959
Are you actually mental? Do you need to find your tard wrangler? You are the most butt blasted tau fanboy I've ever seen.
>>
>>47575702
I'm old and hate change: the post.
>>
>>47576080
Obviously the biggest problem with the whole situation is that Shadowsun not only killed the raven guard chapter master, but she also killed him in MELEE. Fucking mary sue should have died instantly the moment the Chapter Master got into melee range.

Like literally, 12 attacks on the charge with Swiftstrike & Murder, which would have resulted in 10 or so wounds at AP3, and shadowsun doesn't have an invuln save. She has like a 0.0003% chance of surviving said melee on the tabletop, and yet she pulls it off in the books by mary sueness.
>>
My new favorite point that Tau try to push to make themselves look better is to constantly attack SM players.
>SM are the most bitchy!
>Only SM players complain
>Other armies are actually SM players in disguise!
>I'm not also bitching by making these posts!
>>
>>47575409
They're a popular army that's relatively new to the setting, and they trigger the weeaboo meme. That's a lot of standing butthurt even before you factor in saltiness over their currently OP codex.
>>
>>47576128
I'm in denial and what's best for me is whats best for everyone: The post.
>>
>>47576090
It's no problem buddy, now you have a good day sir.
>>
>>47575217

5x special weapons + dedicated transport
>>
>>47576129
There was also the 30 scions that she was able to take on all at once. Didn't try any long term hit and run tactics or guerrilla warfare. Just hopping around killing everyone and only almost taking a blow once.
>>
>>47576080
>It actually has alot to do with tau seeing as battlesutis are now the hotcakes in 40k

Battlesuits selling well affect the whole game's fluff. Right.

>Even eldar players acknowledge that their shit is broken and OP and you could do the same

Nice job moving the goalposts, balance is a better argument than you're autistic interpretation of fluff.

>They should loose alot more encounters then they do rather then, "Oh shit, near struggle moment" saved by a "Look out, sir!" or a "We built something better!"

Continuing to move the goalposts, this time from the books to Tau fluff in general. Keep that damage control running.

>Guard was in there aswell but who cares about npc races, right?

How is Guard relevant at all? Should I have brought up Guard when I was pointing out how autistic your post was? If you wanted me to, you should've mentioned them first.

>And while we are at it, fuck the ravenguard! AMIRITE? You guys got to keep aun'va and use him as a hologram

Because it's fucking 40k. Should the entire race have collapsed because of an event in a book most players haven't read? Do you understand how the sandbox works?

>while the SM Chapter master was used as fodder. The chapter that needed the most shit worked out.

The CM WAS fodder. He barely existed until the Tau books brought him in. Then they promoted Shrike, so hey, chapter development!

>Also, you beat the shit out of pask after he was presented as an asshole badguy, killed 30 scions in a combat encounter with no sweat broken sans the "Look out, sir!" that had to made by the Stockholm syndrome guardsmen

So you're mad Your Guys lost, and you're assuming I play Tau. Your post boils down to just that and moving goalposts. Quite an argument.

>>47576107
But not as good an argument as this one.
>>
>>47576145
I lack the wit to make a comeback of my own, so I'll just try to use yours but ruin by making it too long: The Official Tie-In App
>>
>>47576129
he attacked the wrong suit, thought it was the right one, revelled on his 'victory' and then was killed by the true shadowsun suit from his back. She didnt fight him hand to hand per se

It more or less remembers Kojiro and Musashi.
>>
>>47576135
I rarely see tau or eldar players bitch about much though. It's mostly other players bitching about tau and eldar. It's only the logical conclusion.
>>
>>47576177
You also assumed that I played Spacemarines. You just keep trying to attribute my arguments while trying to focus the argument elsewhere while justifying the tau wanking that happened in that book. Kys
>>
File: 1444191156075.jpg (25 KB, 585x418) Image search: [Google]
1444191156075.jpg
25 KB, 585x418
>>47576191
>The Official Tie-In App
>>
>>47576191
Short generic statements that have been the constant comeback to new tau hate is "witty"

Wow, teach me your ways oh smart one.
>>
>>47575890
Nobody in the FW team likes those legions, so they're just getting barebones legion rules support.
Are you retarded? Of course they're going to get more later. They just threw some rules out there for them since they have a while to wait yet, and their legions aren't as weird as Space Wolves and Thousand Sons.
>>
>>47576213
>Ifunny

Oh boy, now the Tau cancer makes sense.
>>
>>47575940
>Ignores Cover and boosting BS isn't as good for Tau as it would be for other factions.
>Ignores Cover and increasing BS isn't as good for the faction with mediocre ballistic skill, no psykers, and very little melee.
Morons like you play a big role in the Tau hateboner.
>>
>>47576192
I'm new to tau, but doesnt the scenario fit with their fluff pretty well? They can't handle a fair melee fight, they're not above assassinating commanders, and kauyon is all about baiting your enemy, right?
>>
>>47576200
>You also assumed that I played Spacemarines.

You're right, I did. And you keep trying to focus on that, because every other point you tried to make was retarded and you can't defend them.

>You just keep trying to attribute my arguments while trying to focus the argument elsewhere while justifying the tau wanking that happened in that book.

No, that's YOU. After getting instructed that all of your reasons for hating the two books were retarded, you tried a rebuttal wherein all you talked about were things from outside the books.
>>
File: Emperor's_Shadows.jpg (260 KB, 1088x789) Image search: [Google]
Emperor's_Shadows.jpg
260 KB, 1088x789
Question: If the Tau are too weeb how do you all feel the Emperor's Shadows?
>>
What do people think of Salamanders? Seems like the best chapter. Nice fluffy rules, a good colour scheme, no derpy immabest fluff.
>>
>>47576243
Many of Tau's best lists take none whatsoever. So yes.
>>
>>47576262
I see some chinks in their armor.
>>
File: Extremedespair.png (449 KB, 500x713) Image search: [Google]
Extremedespair.png
449 KB, 500x713
>Another general full of back and forth crap
Tell me how your last game went, /tg/. I haven't played in a long while and need some motivation while I get my BaC backlog done.
>>
>>47576262
I like them, but most people here hate them because the Imperium is largely based on western history and cultures. It's funny though because those same people turn around and love those awful aztec marines because they are so unique and different.
>>
>>47576258

Holy shit, is someone actually defending Monkey and koyfish?

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>47576262
>subtley
>>
>>47576305
Well strictly speaking, yes. But no, I don't think they're good or well written books. If you asked me are they worth reading, I'd say no.

I just think every problem this guy has with them is retarded. Unless you're him, in which case nice job, you got your (you).
>>47575702
>>
>>47576301
I have my first game a little later today : )
>>
>>47576262
Weeb is just a meme that people screech. It's just nerd rage. It has no bearing whatsoever on why Tau are hated. Eldar have a unit of Samurai women and animal ninjas and nobody gives a shit. Tau are just relatively new and boring to play against.

It's like people claiming Grey Knights are mary sues, as if that means shit in this setting. They no it's bullshit, but they have to get their digs into the boogieman.
>>
>>47576262
Though I get it doesn't quite fit the uh, "official," definition of the term, ancient Japan and the related culture doesn't seem to invoke as much of the feeling, if any at all, as their modern culture. Anyway, the whole "Tau are weebs," argument is a lot rarer than the alternatives these days and is just a single bullet in the flaming stockpile of ammo that's being abused.

>>47576258
Except he was never instructed why his reasons for hating the two books were retarded, he was simply called out for favouritism. Meanwhile Anons like >>47575814 actually put out a calmly collected assessment.
>>
>>47576258
Yet you have yet to put any evidence that Monka and koyfish had any decent writing and the only forms of justification was shitting on other armies and saying that "SHOULD DA TAU HAVE TO LOSE EVRY TIEM!!!"
>>
>>47576262
The studio scheme that was never mentioned again or made hard canon with history and everything, is it?
Peas and apples, anon. We already have a Space Mongol and Space Chinese chapter, and I have a much higher tolerance for homebrew anyway.
>>
File: ScreamsInternally.png (112 KB, 333x296) Image search: [Google]
ScreamsInternally.png
112 KB, 333x296
>>47575621
>just decurion with harvest

Try using a CAD or not one of the two strongest formations available to you.
>>
>>47576303
Most people here don't give a single flying fuck about the Emperor's Shadows. Find something else to feel superior about, you pathetic wretch.
>>
>>47576327
May the dice roll freely and Death himself grow tired from claiming your tallies.Take pics and bring your story back.
>>
File: subtly.png (49 KB, 132x167) Image search: [Google]
subtly.png
49 KB, 132x167
>>47576311
>>47576262
>>
File: 1448664967188.jpg (281 KB, 700x1130) Image search: [Google]
1448664967188.jpg
281 KB, 700x1130
>>47576269
I think they are highly overrated. I don't like their color scheme. I think they're goodie-goodies. I don't like that their niggers.

>I'm more of an Iron Hands/Steel Confessors guy myself for what it's worth.
>>
>>47576351
t. triggered fatty
>>
>>47576162
Thanks. Now I'm going to continue my horrifically bad fanfiction to keep myself busy.
>>
>>47576192

Oh and Shadowsun was in Ghostkeel too, not even in her traditional suit.

Then again, Severax was stupid and not at all Raven Guardish character. He told RG to report sightings of Shadowsun so he could end her by himself.

Doesn't sound like Raven Guard to me.
>>
>>47576350
Those are hardly the cheesiest, though. I dont even have a single croisscyth
>>
>>47576301
I played a game with my Raven Guard and Inquisition against my friends SoB. I lost because holy christ bad dice rolls, and it didnt help that he poorly shuffled his tactical objectives. I gotta say, Nihilus is a really kick ass Chapter Relic though.
>>
>>47576337
That's because I don't think they are good writing, and I never said they were.

All I did was explain point by point why everything you said about them was retarded.
>>
>>47576325
That book was garbage through and through. There were 0 good points to be had.
>>
>>47575621
You're just stupid. Instead of toning down your list by just taking a CAD you're starting a brand new army. Even further showcasing your stupidity, you chose an even more powerful army than the one you're already having difficulty finding opponents with.
>>
File: laughingeldarwhores.jpg (271 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
laughingeldarwhores.jpg
271 KB, 446x400
>>47576129

>but she also killed him in MELEE
>Implying that happened

Ah we get to the crux of the problem! Faggots complaining about books they haven't read!
>>
>>47576388
Hate to break it to you champ but the Canoptek Harvest in a Decurion is pretty cheesey.

Just add a destroyer cult and you have an extremely potent list.

Really Decurion anything is a turn off.
>>
>>47576311
>>47576371
Actually I just wanted to know what people thought of them. But keep it real.
>>
>>47576374
>I don't like that their niggers.
https://youtu.be/M56aycpd9kA?t=5m22s
>>
>>47576413
Cherry picking the retards while ignoring the reasonable posts doesn't help your case.
>>
>>47576413
Yeah, no. She just shot him in the back because she is better at stealth then the chaptermaster of the a first founding chapter that is known for "SNEAKY BEAKIES"
>>
>>47576135

Well you've just proven them right. You can add 'SM players don't read the fluff they're complaining about' to the list.
>>
>>47576301
I feel like I need to stop taking so many Kataphron Destroyers with Grav Cannons. Don't get me wrong, I'm not somebody that spams them during casual games or anything, but I almost feel as if they're a little too good at bringing most of the GMCs considered cheesy in the current meta. As bad as Riptides or Wraithknights are compared to the average, it still feels unfair if I'm just point-and-click deleting them from existence turn 1 considering how expensive they are.
>>
>>47576403

What did that glorious old veteran bastard shoot with his rifle? And did you use any RG formations?
>>
File: 1460505413554.jpg (18 KB, 300x280) Image search: [Google]
1460505413554.jpg
18 KB, 300x280
>>47576412
I'm not getting into tau because of problems with 'crons. I'm buying them because I like them and they're allies of convenience. There's no short supply of opponents, they're just quick to grimace while bringing the cheese themselves.
>>
>>47576431

>Calling a retard a retard is cherry picking

What is my case exactly? My only post was laughing at him for being an idiot. 4chan is more than one person.
>>
File: too weeb.png (94 KB, 244x190) Image search: [Google]
too weeb.png
94 KB, 244x190
>>47576262
>>47576371
>>
>>47576436
>tau players still think every player who hates tau are Space Marine players.
>>
>>47576425
Yeah, I saw that previously.

But I still don't like ebony black skinned space marines. They are mutants and if they weren't so effective and loyal tools of the Emperor they would be purged. Same with ogryns, ratlins, etc. to a lesser extent.
>>
>>47576262
>>47576371
>>47576462
Is anyone else surprised that they're IH successors?
>>
>>47576432

>Shooting
>Melee

Pick one.
>>
>>47576470

>Implying I'm Tau
>Using the fallacy you're accusing someone of using

Good job!
>>
>>47576445
I didn't have much of my Raven Guard built, so it only had a Contemptor, a 5 man Scout squad, a 5 man Assault Squad, Shrike, and 7 Tactical Marines. I managed to ping an Exorcist to death with that rifle. I really like it, just for the fact I can shoot at other targets, as well as the possibility to take out vehicles.
>>
>>47576262
That Chaplains Purity Seal belt buckle is pretty fucking great
>>
>>47576478
I was when I first found out. Still doesn't make sense to me but whatever.
>>
>>47576269
They're alright, they probably have the GOAT barbecue.
>>
File: Emperor's Shadows 2.jpg (174 KB, 1024x701) Image search: [Google]
Emperor's Shadows 2.jpg
174 KB, 1024x701
>>47576478
Not really, IH culture fits the shogunate theme more than any chapter I feel.
>>
>>47576475
Inquisitor please go and stay go.
>>
>>47576521
Holy shit they got their own art. Awesome.
>>
>>47576416
Perhaps you're right. I started playing primarily against my friend who plays skit/mech, which made those formations pretty necessary (at least at my skill level) and I do tend to take them out of habit.
>>
>>47576521
fair point.

When I said
>>47576511
I was always thinking of the battle tactics. Seems like they should have more of a white scars kinda battle tactics to me.
>>
>>47576404
Then lets go back, shall we?

>Should the Tau lose every encounter against every threat, just because the opponent is the "best of the best"? Oh no, did your precious Space Marines who never lose, lose? Have you forgotten that EVERY army gets told how awesome they are? You can't BTFO an entire faction just because White Scars are supposed to be "an unstoppable force on the battlefield, my codex says so".

There were multiple instances that were in the books that blanketed past "whitescars" and had not specified any one faction. You immediately attacked me for being a space marine player just because spacemarines are featured in the book.

>And, somewhere in here, you've managed to overlook that the leader of their ENTIRE FACTION got popped, and the planet they fought so hard to take got melted. And what did the Tau pull off in return? They killed a Chapter Master who didn't exist before the books, and some unknown number of rank and file marines.

Then, you continue to atribute my sayings to only spacemarines. Not also do you bastardize my post, but you manage to underhandedly insult a faction just because they are marines.
>>
>>47576511
Yeah same here.
>>47576521
How do they fit?
>>
>>47576495
Oh boy, here we go again.

>I'm actually an ork player, so its okay to shitpost :^)
>>
>>47576522
What? Play it if you like. I'm not going to stop you. My opinion was originally asked for.
>>
>>47576496

Nice job on that snipers part then. I'm going to try it soon too.
>>
>>47574179
>>47574236
Yup. When the texture paints exist, there's no excuse for not having some kind of base.

Hell, even the dinosaur way of doing it was fairly simple: glue and flock.

>>47575167
>casual Tau lists

What meme-worthy behaviour is this supposed to mock? Because I was just thinking about asking this question, more or less; whether Tau are fun to play as, because I like their models and their fluff (a xeno empire that's not an eldritch abomination but is still a direct competitor), and I want a few big walkers and a medium-sized bunch of Fire Warriors to serve as good adversaries for my Space Marines and IG in casual, narrative-driven games with friends.
>>
File: Emperor's Shadows art.jpg (249 KB, 900x1317) Image search: [Google]
Emperor's Shadows art.jpg
249 KB, 900x1317
>>47576532
They have a lot of love when it comes to third party bits as well!
http://bitsofwar.com/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=cyber+samurai

>>47576547
I get what you mean, but there's still a load of successors that don't follow their original chapter teachings at all. Like the IHs also spawned those Brazen Claw guys.
>>
>>47576575
>I'm actually an ork player, so its okay to shitpost :^)

Datz proppa orky
>>
Anyone else here say fuck it and switch to 30k after Betrayal at Calth came out? So far I'm enjoying list building a lot more when I don't have to have an answer to grav scat or wraith spam. heh, scat spam.
>>
>>47576575
>Orks are actually Australians
I should have known better.
>>
>>47576616
30k doesn't have Tyranids, so, no...
>>
>>47576616

Probs gets dull when every army is the same.
>>
>>47576616
You do need an answer to primarch in spartan spam, however.
>>
>>47576616
I'm probably going to do a count as army for 30k with Star Phantoms and play them as Lunawolves or Whitescars
>>
>>47576301
My WAAC opponent started to get behind so he yelled at me for 20 minutes and then left.
>>
>>47575930
Tell me, which guard campaign books from GW/FW did you enjoy reading?

And no, Ghosts gaunts, BL novels, and codices don't count.
>>
>>47576475
All Space Marines are mutants. Odd skin color is the least drastic change about them.
>>
File: 1459821460243.jpg (85 KB, 800x1165) Image search: [Google]
1459821460243.jpg
85 KB, 800x1165
>>47576616
>>47576644
>>
>>47576262
>>47576371
I feel pretty ignorant right now for not getting why the red faceplate is too blunt or overt
>>
File: 1464637916877.jpg (355 KB, 1000x976) Image search: [Google]
1464637916877.jpg
355 KB, 1000x976
>>47576668
That mutation was created specifically by the Emperor. It is allowed
>>
>>47576671
Holy shit, it looks like it belongs in Dragonball Z. This is so cool.
>>
Alright anons, help me build a Tau list that isn't Riptide heaven.
Must haves: Sniper drones, Some use for the XV-25 battlesuits, many Firewarriors. Pleasethankyouthatisall
>>
Breachers should have a rule that lets them overwatch using their short range profile instead of the far one, if the opponent's charge move causes them to pass into that range.
>>
>>47576301
>Tried to type out a BatRep a few generals back
>Not a single reply

No one cares.
You will either play or you wont.
>>
>>47576718
And lets start at like 500-1000 points.
>>
>>47576475
But ogryns and ratlings aren't mutants, they're abhumans

I thought in the 40kverse abhumans were variations of man that "bred true", while mutants couldn't.

But then again wouldn't that make psykers more of abhuman, or is it because two psykers don't guarantee a psyker baby while two ogryns make baby ogryns
>>
>>47576229
>Wow, teach me your ways oh smart one.

Well the first thing you need to do is to start using your own words rather than just repeating memes and clichés. That will make you less of an obnoxious stereotype nerd and probably ease your depression. It's rewarding to think for yourself, even in small bursts.
>>
>>47576708
Well its comic book/graphic novel inspired. Only picture I have tho
>>
>>47576448
I too run decurion with harvest (and nexus/battalion or cad sometimes against the less powerful armies) and I sympathize with you necronbro. Many opponents in my FLGS scream *overpowered* at anything that doesn't give their lists an autowin. My advice to you is ignore them or find better opponents, people in this hobby tend to be full of hypocrisy.
>>
>>47575443
>Tau lists destroy most marine lists.
LOL.
>>
>>47576262
Not too familiar with Victoria Lamb; had no idea she was into cringecore.
>>
>>47576718
start with the fire warrio/breacher formation that uses 4 squads of them and 4 devilfish. I use it all the time and with 10 in each, and shield drones its pretty good, around 800ish points so not too crippling leaving enough points for other good stuff.
>>
>>47576748
Is this what they call irony? Are we moving to that chapter now?
>>
>>47576765
shhh shhh let him think that maybe the Tau players will start facing me again
>>
>>47576749
Is that your Swarmlord?
>>
File: 1442209303194.gif (2 MB, 294x232) Image search: [Google]
1442209303194.gif
2 MB, 294x232
>>47576728
>mfw i didn't get a chance to post that day due to pulling a double at work

sorry anon, but i did enjoy it
>>
>>47576671
I want to do all my tanks like this
>>
File: 1413999384776.jpg (20 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1413999384776.jpg
20 KB, 640x640
>StrikingScorpion82 releases a video about something called Brexit, thought it was something 40k related
>its politics
>>
>>47576595
Pretty much the only unit I had that didn't take damage but dealt out a lot was the Scout Squad. gave them all camo cloaks and snipers, parked em in cover and boom, awesome unit.
>>
>>47576728
I would have cared, hardly ever see one on here anymore.

Was it at least a bit well typed?
Armies and points?
>>
File: 1450205548452.jpg (118 KB, 1540x785) Image search: [Google]
1450205548452.jpg
118 KB, 1540x785
>>47576736
>But ogryns and ratlings aren't mutants, they're abhumans

You are probably right with that distinction but it does lead to a similar conclusion.

>But then again wouldn't that make psykers more of abhuman
Fuck I dunno? let me be stupid and loyal. I trust in the Emperor for my answers.
>>
File: cell shaded.jpg (64 KB, 800x667) Image search: [Google]
cell shaded.jpg
64 KB, 800x667
>>47576766
not really cringe if the normie judges at the golden daemon love it

>>47576783
probably not his, but google cell shaded nids
>>
>>47576783
Its not mine. Saw it in a different thread about 2 months ago
>>
>>47576785
Maya not be the one you read but if it was, thanks.>>47576799

>Was it at least a bit well typed?
It was two posts and pretty brief

>Armies and points?
My Deathwing Strike Force with two Ravenwing Formations against a Nurgle Army with a Defiler.

Same DA player who has been facing the house ruled BA lately.
>>
>>47576754
Yeah, I'm seeing that. I've played against people who bring in knights with formations that allow free units and upgrades, and they wince at the thought of me actually being able to put up a fight.

Frankly I like it. My FLGS is in the middle of a knight-frenzy and here I am with 0 super-heavies/heavies or LoW and I put up a good fight.
>>
>>47576671
>>47576817
These make me want to play tyranids
>>
File: 1403194483786.jpg (113 KB, 950x1200) Image search: [Google]
1403194483786.jpg
113 KB, 950x1200
>>47576736
The difference between Abhumans and Mutants is that Abhumans are sanctioned strains of humanity, in that they evolved NATURALLY, and most importantly are still human in nature. Ogryns and Ratlings are just a natural evolution of humans on their respective worlds, same with all of the other sanctioned abhumans like felinids(Catgirls)

Mutants are people that were born with hideous mutations caused by the warp or chaos. They are the antithesis of humanity, and must be purged on sight.
>>
>>47576792
>SS82 Backs BREXIT 100%!
Sensible lad.

>>47576817
This is probably the best paint job I have ever seen on any model ever.

>>47576826
Thanks for sharing, its blowing my mind.
>>
>>47576831
Could you repost it or find a link?

>Same DA player who has been facing the house ruled BA lately.

Ah I remember you, the BA trying to force rules for the Sanguinor not to be a pile of gold shit and actually worth while Sanguinary Guard.
>>
>>47576792
>ShillingScorpion82
though at least he's right about the EU
>>
>>47575599
Then stop shitposting about a shitposter you dumbfuck.
>>
>>47576768
Thank you, i had no idea where to start with it.
>>
>>47576625
>What is Mad Max: The Faction
>>
>>47576868
>find a link?
>>47524540
>>47524552
>>
Sup /tg/

Coming back from a long break from 40k and saw that they have Skitarii finally!

How are they on the table top? Fun to play? Effective? Will I go broke making an army of them?
>>
>>47576792
our nige wills it.
>>
>>47576668
Nah, all Space Marines are augments.

Jamming extra organs and technology into someone doesn't make them a mutant, or anyone with a kidney transplant or an insulin pump would be a mutant
>>
>>47576862
>best paint job i have ever seen

challenge accepted, let me see if i can find something more amazing. though it might be worth it to start a new thread...
>>
>>47576666
Seige of Vraxx and Taros
>>
>>47576899
>Fun to play?
Definitely, the Codex encourages the use of different units over spam and most of them are really nice models to paint and play with.
>Effective?
Don't expect the current meta to bow to you, but they're definitely high-tier.
>Will I go broke?
They have a slightly higher than average points-cost and a lot of upgrade options if you're worried about money.
>>
>>47576914
>start a new thread
A thread of just totally sweet painted models and armies?
I would very much enjoy this but have none save.
>>
File: 1446593853636.jpg (101 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1446593853636.jpg
101 KB, 728x636
>Done my orks for now 3000 points help me
>Done my daemons/got bored of them
>Got a box of dark eldar and suffered painting so i stopped
>Got a squad of eldar and didnt like the play style and quitafter of course i bought the fucking codex like a tool
>dont know what do
I love vehicles. Please help
>>
>>47576911
Yea, your average Space Marine is actually more likely to pass a genetic screening test than your average "Shits-in-dirt" human from an agri world. Because the Gene-seed is merely augmentations, and space marines require extremely pure strained humans in order to receive the implants, else they risk rejection.
>>
>>47576929
Thank you!

Are the Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii considered different armies? I could have sworn they were the same
>>
>>47576899
I play against my friends pretty often. All I know from my perspective is that they're awfully shooty, most units have scout, the infiltrators/rust stalkers are good in CC, and the special omnissiah powers are pretty good while being decently balanced.

Plus everything looks cool as hell.
>>
>>47576932
so you don't go visit the various miniature threads for inspiration, painting tips, and save cool pictures? maybe it's just me. either way it helped me figure out a way to do blue flames
>>
>>47576899
>Will I go broke making an army of them?
My friend just started playing him and is using two of the get started formations but added to unit sizes or something. After that I know he wants to buy some striders and two boxes of those big robots.
Doesn't sound too bad.

His two Start Collecting Formations have been pissing off my friend who started with him and is using a ~1500pt SW CAD.

The third player that started before them both started with Crons though and has been putting up a good fight.
>>
File: rdjkykf.png (284 KB, 484x305) Image search: [Google]
rdjkykf.png
284 KB, 484x305
If you want to dominate your local tau player, make him use these while you use you own faction's eq codex for that edition.

If he doesn't have 9 railsides and max kroot he's SOL
>>
>>47576935
Guard
>>
>>47576946
Yeah, they have separate codices but are battle brothers.

They have a pretty sweet formation between the both of them and the knight codex called a war convocation.
>>
>>47576946
Yeah they're different armies, although they have several formations that combined both
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.