[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ D&D 5th Edition General - Tavern Brawler Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: Tavern-Brawler.jpg (41 KB, 723x541) Image search: [Google]
Tavern-Brawler.jpg
41 KB, 723x541
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Thread discussion prompt: Your most memorable 5e moment wherein you were forced to use improvised weapons - where did it take place? - what did you use as a weapon?
>>
File: Hunter-Assassin pic.png (28 KB, 732x986) Image search: [Google]
Hunter-Assassin pic.png
28 KB, 732x986
>>47568342
I've already thought the build out, I just didn't want to go into detail.
>>
>>47568481
>Champion3

You blew it.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 300x300
What are some motivations for a Doppelganger PC to adventure and, more importantly, stick with the party?
>>
>>47568526
le champion is awful meme

Yes, it's pretty boring as a standalone class, but that sweet sweet 10% crit stacking with sneak attack and savage attacks is quite mechanically valuable. Battlemaster is also an option (it's proposed as an option later in that .txt) for precision attack to make sure those assassin autocrits land.
>>
I want to make a brawler sailor character, with some expertise in fist-fighting. So I'm thinking I could either just take Tavern Brawler at 4 or 6 as a Battlemaster Fighter, or start out and play as a monk for a few levels.

Any suggestions? This is just a character I have in mind, but I'd like to have the progression planned out in advance.
>>
>>47568528
find the cutest waifu to morph into
>>
>>47568612
Take monk.
>>
>>47568612
Ask your DM if you can take a monk's unarmed strike damage scaling as a fighting style.
>>
>>47568612
Battlemaster would be nice if the maneuvers weren't expendable. It's hard to suspend the disbelief of a rough and tough brawler who punches krakens in the face yet somehow can only use a cool fighting maneuver X times after which he forgets how to do it and has to sleep for an hour to remember.

So I'd say go monk. But now that I'm looking at it, monk suffers a similar flaw with Ki points.

How about hunter ranger? Take ocean as your favored terrain, you can take the Two-Weapon Fighting style and use Horde-Breaker and Whirlwind attack with your fists.
>>
>>47568723
Two-Weapon Fighting doesn't work with fists.
>>
>>47568736
Right, fist-fighting, despite being literally lighter than weapon fighting by an infinite degree (holding a massive object vs not holding a massive object), does not "use light weapons", so it doesn't apply. God damn it Wizards.

Also, remembering that rangers are half-casters. That doesn't fit the flavor very well either.
>>
File: que.jpg (34 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
que.jpg
34 KB, 500x348
>>47568763
>Also, remembering that rangers are half-casters. That doesn't fit the flavor very well either.
>>
>>47568647
Opinion noted.
>>47568671
Sounds pretty reasonable.
>>47568723
Monks with Ki points sounds more reasonable to me than the maneuvers limits, they're more like sorcery points or spell slots in my book.
>>47568763
I wasn't really planning on investing in WIS for spellcasting, anyway.
>>
>>47568820
>fist-fighting, sea-faring pirate
>also, casts tree stride and conjure animals
>>
>>47568434
>Thread discussion prompt: Your most memorable 5e moment wherein you were forced to use improvised weapons - where did it take place? - what did you use as a weapon?
everyone who actually plays 5e should know the best improvised weapon is throwing a bag over the big bads head and grappling them while the rest of your party stabs them in the gut.
>>
>>47568865
He wouldn't be a pirate, I was planning for him to be a Dragonborn sailor who's left the sea for the meantime to get enough cash and wizard buddies to wrangle up a Spelljammer ship so he could sail in the sky and stars.

I think I'll play as a Battlemaster for 6 levels, since I'll be starting with 17 STR, use the two ASI to level up WIS a couple times, and then switch to Monk.
>>
File: 1451804480222.jpg (117 KB, 736x900) Image search: [Google]
1451804480222.jpg
117 KB, 736x900
So in the Warcraft threads we had people bitching that 5e couldn't do Warcraft due to it's vancian system.

It's the first time I've heard vancian, but they wanted an alternate magic system. I keep looking but am having no luck finding anything past someones half-baked wet dream of a system. Any ideas for a good alternative? Maybe allowing wizards to have just total points per rest, and they can cast spells (if in book) with those points being subtracted by spell level?
>>
>>47568985
Just use the spell points variant in the DMG.
>>
>>47569021
Jesus Christ I'm retarded. Nvm, me, thanks!
>>
>>47568528
A steady stream of food.
>>
>>47568985
Vancian is basically the fire-and-forget systems wizards used since 1E.

Even when I use SP, I usually limit it to Bard, Sorc, and partial casters.
>>
What are some fun subclass options for Monk?
>>
>>47569463
>>47568985
Calling 5e's casting Vancian is a misnomer. Even without the Spell Points variant, slots act like predivided MP. You don't prepare individual castings of spells, and you don't lose them once cast.

The only thing Vancian about it is that you prepare spells at all, and that's only for a select few casters (wizards, druids, clerics, and paladins).
>>
>>47569606
Open Hand if you want to shove people around with your fists, Shadow if you want to be a ninja, Sun Soul (SCAG) if you want to go full DBZ and shoot energy bolts at everything, Long Death (SCAG) if you want to be scary and refuse to die.
>>
>>47569635
Oh, I guess I mistyped. I meant is it a good idea to take levels in other classes as a monk?
>>
>>47569654
not normally, no. in general if you multi you instead end up mostly rogue or something else instead of monk.
this is because you need all the ki you can get as a monk, and you don't get much.
that said do what you're going to do. there are some good monk multiclasses, and more than that there are some fun ones i've been thinking about that aren't necessarily "good".
>>
>>47569606
Rogue is pretty good. Get three levels (four if you really need an ASI), get some burst damage on one of your hits with a dagger or shortsword plus some nice stuff from the archetypes.

Fighter can be decent as well, fighting style for some extra damage, a little bit more HP, and maneuvers from BM can really boost a monk's combat versatility. You've gotta watch out for this because you can't go past 4th without overlapping your Extra Attacks and getting a dead level in fighter.

Druid and cleric can work good as well. Get some spells and some hitpoints to go with your martial arts, or pick up some solid support spellcasting through cleric. Again, only 3 or 4 levels in there and you're golden.
>>
>>47568528
to find the perfect life to steal

he's very picky and fickle
>>
>>47568763
People STILL don't understand that making an attack role doesn't equate to one swing of a weapon, unarmed combat requires every available limb to be effective.
>>
File: jakub-rozalski-war-b2.jpg (271 KB, 1827x1060) Image search: [Google]
jakub-rozalski-war-b2.jpg
271 KB, 1827x1060
yo, anon here who was a few threads back talking about in my next campaign letting pcs take abilities from other classes/archetypes as feats. so for example a level 4 fighter could take barbarian rage.

can you guys think of any really broken combos? remember that a lot of classes are MAD. currently i have my eye on stacking +stat mod to spell damage abilities, and any martial class that gets many attacks taking improved divine smite. though i doubt those will come up. stat mod might but the thing about stat mod is that you cant both increase multiple casting stats to 20 and burn feats on abilities. improved divine smite is also so late in the game that i'm not too worried about it. the game i'd want would start at level 1.

assassinate has crossed my mind, but i honestly just don't rate it as high as most of the internet rates it. or at least i don't think it happens the same way in game as it does in internet discussion most of the time. anyway a caveat would be that all cross classing would have to follow some kind of storyline, and assassination skills aren't really something most characters get. and anyway this is for one group of players who aren't really that edgy so i'm not too worried.

cunning action was brought up last time and i just don't think its that much of a problem. i think casters would make more use of it, and even them i wouldn't want it before a 20 in my casting stat, so again not until level 12.

what are some cool combos then? i was also considering making cross classing feats require, in addition to level reqs, the same stats as multiclassing requires.

i still think in a party of 4 or 5 people, only 2 or 3 will take a feat at level 4, and then thats already half a game. so i'm not so worried that it will be widespread. this isn't something for wide release anyway, so instead of focusing on why this idea is bad and will ruin the game, focus on what even a good combo will be. early game especially considering i might give feats at 1.
>>
File: sad spider-man.jpg (233 KB, 580x800) Image search: [Google]
sad spider-man.jpg
233 KB, 580x800
>no more Van Richten's guides ever
>>
This might be a retarded question but what should one do about a Durid PC that wants to act as a mount for another?
>>
>>47570047
If enough people talk about how much they enjoyed Ravenloft they might put out more for it.
>>
>>47570197
Considering Innistrad is probably on top of the poll for the MtG conversion. And the huge reception CoS got, even when it's just a modern update of I6...

I really, really am crossing my fingers that a Van Richten's Guide to the Mists comes out as the Ravenloft SCAG
>>
>>47570037
I think spending a Feat to get something you could get through two or three levels of multiclassing is probably okay-ish? It's probably stronger than multiclassing (either way you're losing an ASI, but leveling up your main class is probably better than the secondary features you get from multiclassing).

My concern would perhaps be spell casters since it gives them the benefit of multiclassing without losing spell levels.
>>
>>47570144
can they wild form into something one size larger than the pc that wants to ride them?

if so they can ride'em. No reason why not.
>>
>>47570144
Put on the Ornstein and Smough theme when they're fighting together.
>>
kinda wanna be a valor crossbow bard, can such a think be done (and be effective?)

originally wanted to be a bard with pistols, but no guns in this setting, so crossbows are the next best. Bows are boring, before you ask

will def need to either go variant human and take crossbow expert at level uno, or go half-elf like I wanted and take it at level 4.

figured i'd use a heavy crossbow most of the time, and switch to a rapier + hand xbow for close range.
>>
Is Cannibalism evil? That is, if I made a Druid or barbarian or even cleric that practices ritual cannibalism of the recently deceased, would he evil by default?
>>
File: 1_1280.png (128 KB, 1080x596) Image search: [Google]
1_1280.png
128 KB, 1080x596
>>47570653
Technically, no. As long as he doesn't make them dead.
>>
>>47570734
What if he kills some bandits or cultists because they're a danger/it's his quest, then strings them up and butchers them?
>>
>>47570144
If they're minmaxxing, throw in back pain and saddling complications.
If they're just trying to have fun with a concept, let them do it.
>>
>>47570611
If you've got Crossbow Expert you're better using a Hand Crossbow than a Heavy Crossbow IIRC. The bonus action attack is great.

Crossbow and Rapier doesn't work very well as you need a free hand to reload the Hand Crossbow.

If you're starting high enough then Half Elf with the Feat is probably better but below level 4 I'd recommend being Human.
>>
>>47570047
You can still read the old ones
>>
>>47570734
Purify Food and Drink would work on a corpse, not a live person
>>
Does anyone know of any good channels to watch on the tubes or twitch. I am a new Dm and want to get a few ideas for my campaign.
>>
Any DMs of CoS here? Thinking about first introduction for Strahd.

Players currently at village of Barovia and will be spending night at mansion with Ireena and Ismark.

Thinking about having Strahd and entourage turn up, with a character spotting cloaked dark figures appearing out of the mist

Strahd will then taunt the characters while zombies and wolves try to get inside
>>
>>47570997
>zombies and wolves try to get inside
I read that as "Zombies riding wolves try to get inside"
Now I wanna do that
>>
>>47570997
That sounds good. Just don't have Strahd show up too often.
>>
>>47571069
The book says he should show up often though
>>
File: 1455893279788.jpg (356 KB, 1000x1432) Image search: [Google]
1455893279788.jpg
356 KB, 1000x1432
I want to make a comissar/warlord type of character. Is valor bard the closest thing there is to it?
>>
>>47571095
banneret
>>
>>47571095
>>47571132
Don't know about you guys but the Banneret is a little underwhelming. I'd go Valor Bard unless you specifically don't want a magical character, then Battle Master or Banneret would work. Banneret leans more towards support while BM would lean a little towards direct/indirect offense
>>
>>47571095
PDK/Banneret or Battlemaster with the appropriate maneuvers. Bard is fine, but is a much better support as Lore, which then loses the warrior touch.
>>
>>47571088
Yes it does say the more often the better but I had excellent success with if the characters stay too long in a town or revisit a place more than twice Strahd shows up. If he shows up every night then the players will probably get sick of having to deal with him every time.
>>
>>47570967
I watch this guy DM his group every now and then.

He just started and he does it once or twice a week.

The videos are kinda long though.

twitch
roarwaffle
>>
>>47571219
Is it played online or in person
>>
>>47570967
Critical Role is entertaining, and Mercer is certainly a skilled entertainer/DM, although some find his campaign style outside their personal taste.
>>
>>47571247
It is played online through Roll20.
>>
>>47571283
pass
>>
>>47571297
What is wrong with online?
>>
>>47571354
Just bad
>>
>>47571376
What is bad about it?
>>
>>47571391
all the different audio feeds, talking over one another, people not knowing whats going on, its just awkward
>>
>>47571411
You get that even in a game where everyone is right in front of you. You have people talking over each other with cross talking and others not paying attention in combat so they take forever when their turn comes up.
>>
>>47570467
I was thinking of that awesome Fire Emblem villain, personally.
>>
>>47570835
I dont have any min maxers in this lot, this might be an amusing campaign.
>>
File: latest.jpg (542 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
542 KB, 1200x1200
>>47571470
The Black Knight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaN2wQ3yMnc
>>
File: th[1].jpg (22 KB, 480x348) Image search: [Google]
th[1].jpg
22 KB, 480x348
>>47571490
No, but the correct game. The Mad King.
>>
>>47571445
Not him, but I've been heavily spoiled by Critical Role and can't stand to deal with your average campaign recordings anymore.
>>
I want to do a psychic cavalier, just the big issue is call steed being paladin spell.

Gonna see if I can spin it as a warlock spell, or a twist on chain pact. One steed and gives find steed spell over normal familiar.

So other than opinions on that bit I ask what the best level spread would be for fighterlock. Not too heavy on the warlock side, I was thinking 12/8 at the end but if I were to start lv1 this spread not sure the order, never dual classed.
>>
>>47571513
Best Fire Emblem game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh-eOXkCyoc
>>
>>47571540
If you're multiclassing as Warlock you're almost certainly only going two or three levels into Warlock. There's so little to gain from further levels compared to extra Fighter attacks or whatever.

What's wrong with refluffing Paladin for your concept?
>>
>>47571540
Could ask DM if you could have a modified GOO spell list, and go V.Human and take mounted combatant
>>
Did anything ever come of all the homebrew classes/paths that were designed and modified by /5eg/ over the past few days? I thought I saw where someone was combining them into a supplement or something.
>>
>>47571033
Risen! Wolves! Risen riding wolves!
>>
>>47571839
Yeah I was thinking at most, 4 levels into warlock but my only issue is I don't know when.

I'm in two campaigns this is a back up for so in one it'd be lv1-4 and the other 10-13 so not sure the level order, like Fighter - Warlock 3 - Rest fighter or what not.

Also I want to use the actual Fighter Cavalier path from UA, though one of my first thoughts for this was 7 levels in that as well as Paladin/Warlock multiclass. Got a bit messy though.

>>47571891

Yeah, a modified list or just find steed instead of familiar for chain is what I might go for. Definitely going Human for mounted combatant.
>>
>>47572301
Remember to go bladelock, and dual-wield lances with Dual Fighter
>>
>>47571904
I still haven't gotten around to putting my Reaver and Mage Hunter into PDFs, but I imagine I'll have time to do it tonight

Also working on a ki-based fighter. What would be a good name for a sword-using martial artist with an eastern flavor other than samurai or swordsage?
>>
>>47572407
Kensai works. I imagine that name will see use perhaps as a monk path later though.
>>
>>47572429
Yeah that's why I'm reluctant to use Swordsage, or Kensei even

I considered "Blade Artist" but it kinda sounds dumb

This merits some more thinking
>>
Is there a feat with proficiency or an increased damage die for improvised weapons?
>>
>>47572614
Could use Blademaster or something of the sort. Swordsman, even
>>
File: 1463876695802.jpg (17 KB, 225x240) Image search: [Google]
1463876695802.jpg
17 KB, 225x240
>>47572407
>Also working on a ki-based fighter. What would be a good name for a sword-using martial artist with an eastern flavor other than samurai or swordsage?

Monk.
>>
File: 262px-Edgemaster.jpg (31 KB, 262x599) Image search: [Google]
262px-Edgemaster.jpg
31 KB, 262x599
>>47572614
Edge Master
>>
>>47572631
>>47572688
I think I might go with blademaster, sounds just generic enough

>>47572640
A monk can't use longswords or glaives as part of their martial arts, I'm gonna make a 1/3 ki progression fighter subclass that specializes in the heavier weapon based martial arts, where neither a monk, a fighter, nor a multiclass can quite get
>>
>>47572754
How about "At 3rd level when you take this archetype you can use a longsword or glaive with your martial arts feature"?

Done. Saved you some typing
>>
>>47572754
Are you sure 1/3 is enough? It isn't the kind of power a spellcasting progression is. Compare it to superiority dice (I don't remember that progression off the top of my head tho)
>>
>>47572811
If he wants more fighter than monk in the mix what the hell is wrong with that?
>>
File: 1375805084382.jpg (307 KB, 1574x878) Image search: [Google]
1375805084382.jpg
307 KB, 1574x878
>>47568434

Is wild magic sorcerer a great character choice, or the greatest character choice?
I'm really excited to play one for the first time in my new campaign.

Should I multiclass into anything?
>>
http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/volos-guide-to-monsters

Get goblins and firbolgs, maybe kobolds too? Please dear jesus.
>>
>>47572824
Fighters get 4 sup dice to start and end up with 6 total

The blademaster will start with one ki point at lv 3 and end up with 6 total as well, it balances out I think, more linear, but I could also make it the same as battlemaster

>>47572811
I appreciate your concern for my fingers, but I want to make a fighter archetype, not a monk one. This guy might wear heavy armor, for one, which is incompatible with monk
>>
>>47572844
I'm not saying it can't be a Fighter archetype, but since it has a lot in common with the Monk (lighter armor, Ki, eastern flavor), which is also a fine option, then a tiny sentence is all it needs to enable the basic concept.
>>
So who is excited about the new monster manual, titled Volo's Guide to Monsters.? It's going to come with both new monsters as well as official monstrous races for creatures such as goblins and orcs.
>>
>>47572912
This thing is going to be awesome. I can't wait for November.
>>
>>47572917
Monk comes with a lot of stuff he may not wish to use and would just go to waste. Unarmed damage would barely be used if you weren't fighting unarmed, for instance. Martial arts let's you get that extra hit or flurry regardless but he probably wants a different gimmick. And on that note...

>>47572914
What's your gimmick here?
>>
>>47572626
Tavern brawler gives you proficiency with improvised weapons as well as allows your fists to hit as hard as improvised weapons. Pretty rad imo.
>>
>>47573052
A samurai-type essentially

Can use longswords and glaives, lv3 feature will be spending a ki point to disarm, push or prevent reactions, later on gets to do fancy draw-strikes and such

Don't have much more than a general concept honestly, but I had this idea of making fighter, rogue and barbarian subtypes that use monk-like features. I started with pic related and now am moving to the others
>>
>>47573153
Wrong picture, this is the updated one
>>
>>47573153
I suppose. The battlemaster is basically a samurai though, you should realize. Maybe try to distinguish it a bit more from battlemaster maneuvers than you are.
>>
>>47573206
Good point, back to the drawing board
>>
>>47573240
Atta boy
>>
File: 1457563525184.webm (489 KB, 202x360) Image search: [Google]
1457563525184.webm
489 KB, 202x360
>wake up
>all pumped to see what products for 5e are coming
>really hoping for MM2, monster manual is severely lacking
>Volo's Guide to... Monsters?!
>Eh, more Forgotten Realms bullshit?
>Oh well, a MM2 with Volo and Elminster bantz. I can deal with this.
>"Dive deep into the story behind D&D’s most popular and iconic monsters, including beholders, mind flayers, and the yuan-ti, as well as classics like orcs, gnolls, and kobolds"
>but wait... aren't those already statted?
>OH GOD
>ITS A FUCKING FLUFF BOOK

Fuck you WOTC, take the time to playtest another Monster Manual. Stop being so fucking lazy you pieces of shit, your Monster Manual is mediocre as fuck and filled to the brim with dragons and has like 2 non-dragon templates.

Whatever though, by the time it's released my campaign will be over after a long two years and I can wash my hands of this edition.
>>
File: Character creation list.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Character creation list.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Should Matt Mercer's stuff be included?
Also can't wait to add the stuff from Volo's monster guide.
>>
>>47573282
>ignoring how it clearly mentions how monsters will be in it.
>ignore how is says it's going to make goblins and orcs and other monstrous races player races.

Your can dislike it all you want for the fluff but it's coming with a lot of new content too.
>>
>>47573331
New monsters*
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.png (159 KB, 236x311) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.png
159 KB, 236x311
>>47573331
>it's going to make goblins and orcs and other monstrous races player races.
>>
>>47573331

>but it's coming with a lot of new content too.

Keep telling yourself that.

It'll probably have as many "new monsters for 5e" as an Adventure Path, and fuck snowflake player races anyway.

Is it so hard to release a straight up MM2? Oh yeah, guess so; that'd require work.

Let's just fill a book with le funnyman Volo and his incorrect information smugly corrected by Elminster.
>>
>>47573348
It's not intended that everyone'll use every option presented, you know.
>>
>>47573298
no
>>
>>47568434
Not me, but a player of mine once decapitated a goblin chief by throwing a cartwheel at him. It was pretty cool.
>>
>>47573177
Oh my god, this is what I needed for my brawling sailor! Super thanks, man, I forgot about it until just now.
>>
>>47573361
>If it's not human, elf, or dwarf, it's as snow flake race.

Imo, there are no snowflake races, just snowflake players. But we are all entitled to our own opinions.

It would be nice if they ignored the fluff and just gave us more content but overall I'd rather them do things this way than flood us with over 100 books like they did with 3.5.
>>
>>47573450
Glad you like it anon
>>
What's a good name for a magical scimitar wielded by a valor bard that is constantly dripping blood and is capable of lowering enemy's defenses? It was going to be a rapier called Bloody Thorn, but as a scimitar I'm at a loss here...
>>
reposting from yesterday
What would be a good name for style of dwarven martial arts?
Fist of the Dwarf Star?
>>
Propose a good fluff explanation for each of the following:
>A Lawful Rogue
>A Chaotic Monk
>A Lawful Barbarian
>A Chaotic Paladin
>>
>>47573625
>A lawful rogue
Espionage agent of the crown
>A chaotic monk
Self-trained, grew up in isolation
>A lawful barbarian
Fighter in crown-sanctioned fist-fighting league
>A chaotic paladin
Oath-breaker

How'd I do?
>>
>>47573623
Bloody claw? Fang? Moon?
>>
>>47573663
>chaotic paladin
>oathbreaker
Mate, you are 3 whole fucking editions behind the times.
>>
>>47573623
The Blood Moon Crescent
>>
>>47573623
Red Storm
Or maybe crimson or whatever other red you prefer
>>
>>47573624
Iron Heart
Stone Dragon
Diamond Mind
Mountain Ascension
Earthen Grasp
Might of Moradin
Gavel Guardian
Way of the Hammer and Anvil
Axe-hand Excavator
>>
>>47573625
>Lawful Barbarian
Barbarians often have societies, it's just one that values primal strength. It would be like the Sioux Nation.

>Chaotic Monk
Chaos just means you are at odds with the rule of law. Sith are a great example of Chaotic Monks.

>Chaotic Paladin
A paladin of any Chaotic god.
>>
>>47573733
Paladins aren't religious anymore, they don't need to worshipor follow any god.

A paladin can be whatever the fuck he wants, just like every other class, no restrictions on alignment.

Except for Oathbreaker. Only restriction alignment-wise, and not all evil paladins are even Oathbreakers, since you can still follow your tenets without breaking them due to doing evil shit
>>
>>47573625
>spy
>bad guy from karate kid
>tribe with strict ancestral laws
>oath breaker
>>
>>47573689
I'm sorry anon, 5e is my first D&D and I haven't checked out the paladin yet.
>>
>>47573623
Nazush-Vukcas
Which means Blood Crescent in dwarvish in Dwarf Fortress
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Template:Noun_dictionary
>>
>>47573689
>>47573663

Oath breaker is one solid option.

Vengeance paladin who punishes people for their crimes outside of the scope of law, to the point where he breaks the law to deliver vengeance is my suggestion.
>>
>>47573816
Batman?
>>
>>47573625
>A Chaotic Paladin
The problem with this is that outside of the oathbreaker following an oath is a specifically lawful thing. You can give them more chaotic aspects but it mostly comes out to neutral. An ancients paladin can kinda pull it off though I think, with the right approach.
>>
File: Oath of the Banished Fiend.png (703 KB, 738x778) Image search: [Google]
Oath of the Banished Fiend.png
703 KB, 738x778
>>47573816
Reposting that homebrew oath from a few threads ago.
>>
>>47573816

Following the law != being lawful. Paladins gravitate towards being lawful because they have strict moral codes which they follow. A chaotic paladin would suggest that he's someone who doesn't really care about the tenets of his oath. However, seeing as they are empowered by their oath, a chaotic paladin would make little sense.
>>
>>47572912
Goddamn I hope so.

I've been waiting for a Monter Manual II so hard, it feels like my dick is going to explode
>>
>>47573623
"The Crimson Hurricane"
"Blood Nightmare"
"Blood Crescent"
"Goregrin"
"Hemophage"
"The time of the month"
"Auntie Flo"
"The Scarlet Season"
"The Red Tide"
"AIDSblade"
>>
>>47573623
Deepfang because it has a defense lowering property
>>
>>47573935
>>47572912
Will it contain an official ranger redux?
>>
Anyone else want race-restricted classes in Volo's Guide to Monsters? I know the Battlerager and Bladesinger pissed people off because they were restricted by race, Bladesinger was basically Elf: The Class, and Battlerager was basically Dwarf: The Class. Getting some more of these would pretty cool. Say we get Yuan-ti as a player race, then we can get a Snake Domain, or an Eye of Gruumsh Barbarian for Orcs. Maybe some stuff for the PHB races, like a tinkerer thing for Gnomes. If Human get level one feats (No one uses normal humans, and only idiots ban variant humans or feats), then the different races should get their own little special things.

Am I the only one who wants these things?
>>
>>47573938
"The Positivator"
"Gift-Giver"
"Bugchaser's Folly"
"Humanoid Immunodeficiency Blade"
"Everything is Fine"
"Matriarch's Rage"
"The Lady's Time"
"Bloody Gasher"
"The Mensificator"
"Insert Period Joke Here"
>>
>>47573920
You do pose a good point. I guess an oathbreaker is the only type of chaotic paladin there can be then.
>>
>>47573910
>diety
What? They're explicitly not gods. Say lord or master or something.

>fire damage
That feature is generally a step down. Make it optional or "best of either".

>make spells do fire damage
Seriously? Again, optional.

Rest seems fine.
>>
>>47573973
Maybe? They said there will be player options, but only 3 are confirmed, all classes. We might get some nature-themed subclasses, or some race-restricted ones for some different races. Some more classes would be nice, and even though Furlbog feels useless since Goliath is already filling the niche of "half-giant
>>
>>47573996
Race restrictions on classes are stupid

I don't know of anyone who would actually restrict bladesinger and battlerager
>>
>>47573920
in most editions there is nothing contradictary about following an oath and being chaotic. the oath just needs to be self-imposed and not demand you do lawful things.

5e barely explains alignments so you can go either way.
>>
>>47574013
I'm not the creator, but I think the fire damage nerf was intentional to balance out the rest of the features.

Not sure about the deity thing.
>>
>>47572888
I love them as well. As a sorcerer, it's usually not a good idea to multiclass, because you lose on Sorcery Points. Once you have enough HP to survive a bad surge, you're going to want to convert SP into slots for even more surges, after using Tides of Chaos on Firebolt or some other cantrip.
>>
>>47573996
I'm totally fine with race restrictions and wouldn't mind some new class options for them. If you don't agree with them you can always ask your dm/open the option to your players anyways.
>>
>>47574062
I didn't think you made it, just felt like reviewing. It's honestly not that strong for a paladin even before the inferior damage type, there's no need for that mark down.
>>
>>47574047

Generally lawful people are rigid and often follow a code to the letter. People often suggest Batman as a chaotic good person, but they fail to understand that he follows a rather strict code himself which is a lawful trait.

>never kills Joker despite it being proven many times that he's an incorrigible murderous madman
That's extremely lawful behaviour right there.

Conversely, a Chaotic person is often spontaneous and flexible in his ways. Such people commonly put feelings before reason, and act on an impulse. As such, strict moral codes and a Chaotic alignment are a bad match.
>>
>>47573996
The restrictions are annoying, but the idea of a subclass that is the prime example of a member of that race is pretty cool. Can't be more dwarf than a battlerager, and you can't be more elf and than bladesinger. Some more things like that would be cool.
>>
File: batman-alignment.jpg (404 KB, 1600x1280) Image search: [Google]
batman-alignment.jpg
404 KB, 1600x1280
>>47574150
>>
>>47572888
>>47574089
Most fun one-shot I've played:

>Be Wild Sorcerer
>Attacked by dire bear, cast Shield
>Wild Surge: Grease, both of us fall prone, causing its attack to miss
>Later on, throwing a Fireball on a big group of cultists
>Wild Surge: Levitate, I start rising in the air as the fireball explodes
>badassasfuck.jpg
>After the fight, bard throws me a rope and I become his personal balloon for 9 minutes.
>>
So uhh, has anyone made a rogue or a sorc version of the /tg/ character sheets? The pack in the OP doesn't have them. Would love to have those sweet class references for atleast the rogue as I have new players joining in.
>>
>>47573682
>>47573695
>>47573699
>>47573803
>>47573938
>>47573942
Thanks, anons! Lots of good ideas here. I like Blood Moon (Crescent), but I foresee the jokes that'll happen since the PC to get it will likely be female. The dwarvish name is cool but wouldn't make much sense... Would someone know the elvish words?
>>
>>47574394
>>47573803
Nevermind, hadn't seen the dictionary on this link yet. Thanks again.
>>
>>47574150
being "rigid" or "flexible" are personality traits, not alignments. traditionally, lawful characters want common rules and standards of behaviour for everyone to follow (though they might disagree on the specifics of those rules), while chaotic characters are anarchic and dislike rules and authority. it didn't preclude a chaotic character deciding to follow a set of self-imposed rules, so long as they don't try to impose them on other people. nor does it preclude a lawful character from refusing to follow specific laws, as long as they remain dedicated to law and order as a general principle. this was the early distinction between lawful and chaotic good, for example:

>Characters of this alignment believe that an orderly, strong society with a well-organized government can work to make life better for the majority of the people. To ensure the quality of life, laws must be created and obeyed. When people respect the laws and try to help one another, society as a whole prospers.

>Chaotic good characters are strong individualists marked by a streak of kindness and benevolence. They believe in all the virtues of goodness and right, but they have little use for laws and regulations. They have no use for people who "try to push folk around and tell them what to do." Their actions are guided by their own moral compass which, although good, may not always be in perfect agreement with the rest of society.

later editions muddied the waters and we ended up with the confusing mess we have now. not that it matters anymore because they wisely cut alignment out of the mechanics.
>>
>>47574508

Yes, those are the old defnitions. If you want to discuss them, you might want to head over to somewhere other than /5eg/.
>>
>>47574535
>the old definitions
They seem to line up pretty well with the 5e definitions.
>>
>>47572912
>kobolds

kill yourself maaaaaaan
>>
Idea for monk subclass
>has a bunch of what are basically tennis ball-sized stones, effectively prayer beads
>they float around the player similar to Ioun stones, or sit around the neck like a necklace
>can use them to do a ranged attack, launching them with your ki, and they return after, does monk die+wis bonus
>can use ki to embue them with different effects, healing and buffing for your party, or cursing then
>effects last one minute
>others can use their action make a dex save to end the effect, sending the stone back to you
>you can embue more stones at higher levels, having more effects simultaneously

Tl;dr monk shoots his mystic balls at friendd and enemies
>>
>>47574710
Someone's been playing overwatch
>>
>>47574739
doesn't change it from being an interesring concept
>>
What was the name of the d20 document avaible to the masses to use again? System Reference?
>>
>>47574710
So... you want to turn the Monk into an archer at best and a wizard with Magic Missile at worst?

Stick to the video games, kid.
>>
>>47574880
>Magic Missile
Hadōken!
>>
>>47568434
Does anyone have a homebrew of a psion class? I've wanted to play it but I can't find a good one
>>
>>47574924
Check the MEGA link, the Psions are in one of the Unearthed Arcana docs.
>>
>>47574803
System Reference Document, yeah
>>
>>47574979
Allrigth, thanks.
>>
this thread sucks
>>
>>47573361
They said 100 new monsters.
>>
>>47568251
Fucking thread archive cut off my reply.

I'm working on a homebrew that makes favored enemies something you can alter on downtime (or over several long rests) and the entire class runs off that. Instead of having a life-long hate-boner for certain creatures, this Ranger version is more like a hunter who has studied them and equips himself with all the sorts of natural herbs or manufactured tools for dealing with them. That's what the downtime is for; even if you're "preparing" to take on a favored enemy you've had before, you still have to brush up on the fundamentals and gather the materials and equipment used for killing them.

The favored enemy grants you a passive mechanical benefit that should be most useful against features common to that creature group, but also has usefulness against anything else you fight. For example, if your favored enemy is currently Plants, you might have passive resistance to Poison or ignore difficult terrain; Dragons might give you advantage on saving throws against breath weapons, even if it's not a dragon breathing on you. Each favored enemy will have three effects, the better points of which are gained at 6 and 14.

On top of that, you can also give advantage on a melee or ranged attack against a favored enemy to yourself or an ally once per some kind of rest. Not sure if that should be long or short yet, or if it should start at long and improve to short (and then multiple times per short) as you level.
>>
>>47575214
This sounds like a good concept but how're you planning on having three effects for every creature type? Won't that be a hell of a lot of work?
>>
how good is heavy armor master for lvl 1 character?
>>
>>47575577
fucking amazing
>>
>>47575214
This all sounds pretty good. I'm working on a fix myself but I overwhelmed myself with ideas and I think I need to go back to the brainstorming and excision board.

I'm wondering if it would be balanced if the ranger could prepare a or a number of boon(s) to his interactions with favored enemies. Akin to a wizard preparing spells, the ranger would choose one or two of the following for example (keep in mind these would only apply in the case where the ranger uses them with a favored enemy):
>+1 AC
>+wis to one weapon attack per turn
>advantage on social checks
>wisdom mod/2 (round down, minimum 1) instances of autocrits (announced before the attack is made)
>add wisdom mod/2 (round down, minimum 1) to attack rolls
etc

What do you think of a) the overall concept and b) those specific examples (they are just off the top of my head, pls no retards get butthurt that they're imbalanced)?
>>
>>47575577
very good
>>
>>47575252
It's only somewhat difficult to 5e straying away from stuff like +1/2 bonuses, so those have to be used sparingly. There's only so many things to give advantage to, but it gets easier when you pare down something like "advantage on Wisdom saves" to "advantage on saves vs. illusions or being charmed" for something like Fey. That keeps things different, prevents one favored enemy from being a huge overpowered catch-all, and retains some viability when facing creatures of different types.
>>
>uhhh how many enemies are left?

How do I stop one of my players from asking this literally every single round of combat?
>>
>>47575652
Tokens.
>>
>>47575652
Play using physical representations of the battlefield. Mark dead creatures somehow.
>>
>>47573282
Just homebrew/convert the things you don't like, not just D&D.

Heck, kill every Elminster, Dark Elf meme and every other shitty characters Forgotten Realms imposes and you have a nice world to play with.

No one should be so closeminded with PnP, except against munchkins.

Also, fuck Dragonborns.
>>
>>47575674
>tfw never having to stomach the existence of Drow
feels good
>>
How good is the halfling ability to reroll ones?
Seems like it would be super good for a dual wielding champion
>>
>>47575652
With a map, waterhead.
>>
>>47575667
>>47575668
I'll give it a shot, but what if they continue to do so?

>>47575738
They don't like using maps because it "takes too long."
>>
>>47575815
fuck
>>
>>47568763
Unarmed attacks aren't "punches," the ycan be made with any part of the body. A full-body tackle is also an unarmed strike. Punches can be fast, yes, but in order to deal worthwile damage, they need to have considerable force behind them, unlike an edged weapon, which can cause loads of trauma with considerably less effort. A quick jab check might be just as fast as a snap cut with a sword, but a light jab isn't going to open a man's neck.
>>
>>47575836
pushing your penis into someone is an unarmed strike
>>
>>47575674
Just kill everyone above level 10.
>>
>>47575847
And that's why we never let the bard fight unarmed.
>>
>>47575815
Just make a few maps beforehand, and fill out any new ones while the players are doing shit. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
>>
Can I use disguise self spell as a Tiefling to hide horns and tail, and be human ?
>>
>>47573625
Ever notice how there are literally zero effects or spells in 5e that interact mechanically with alignment? Because WoTC finally realized alignment was retarded and it's a side-rule parading as core to keep autists like you happy.

Go ahead and explain what alignment Robin Hood is supposed to be. Is your LAW/CHAOS axis based on adherence to local established law or a personal sense of order? Can somebody who breaks the law in order to protect it performing a Lawful or Unlawful action?

The answer is, as always, nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>47575652
Punish him, for not paying attention to the battlefield
>>
>>47575713
bretty good. depends on the AC of the creature you're fighting and your bonus.

( [target AC] - [attack bonus] )^(-1) is the probability of getting a reroll on a missed attack. This value remains pretty constant as you level up but there are definitely high CR monsters with low ACs that it would be great for, for example:

AC 12
Attack bonus +11 (archery fs, +4 prof, +5 from dex)

( 12 - 11 )^(-1) = 1^(-1) = 1 = 100% for you probability illiterates

So in this case, all your attacks would either hit or get to be rerolled. Overall, the chance of the halfling missing in this case is 1/400 (he'd need to roll a 1 and roll a 1 again on his reroll - rolling a one is a miss regardless if your modifier bumps it above their AC).

The probability of getting a champion3 crit (19 or 20) with the lucky feat is...
( 2/20 ) + [ ( 1/20 ) * (2/20) ]
=( 0.1 + [3/400] )
= 0.1075 10.75%

In conclusion, a champion3 halfling is 0.75% more likely to crit than a non halfling champion3.

Short answer: a half-orc champion averages out to be much meaner than a halfling champion.
>>
>>47575902
yea
but someone could touch u and tell
>>
>>47568612
Dip into monk for extra movement speed, better MA die , maybe an archetype ,extra AC, then rogue for cunning action and go Battlemaster with mariner fighting style.
Goo wood elf for torpedo elf shenanigans.
>>
>>47575950
Last time I tried to punish my players for fucking up their spell rolls they all got mad at me.

It'd be the same exact player too, which would make things seem worse.
>>
>>47575860
It's not about the level though, more to do with in-universe characters that wants to hog all the highlights.

Some high levels are ok, most are not and there's even some low levels that gets in the way of the players' story. I tend to take them off, either by being ambiguous ("a wizard did it") or throwing a name players won't take seriously ("it was Lina Inverse") so the story can continue without any mention of them, especially if someone recognizes who that Drow Ranger is and start bugging you about him and... fuck fanboys.
>>
>>47575956
>The probability of getting a champion3 crit (19 or 20) with the lucky feat is...
Oops, meant to say with the halfling's Lucky racial ability, not feat.
>>
Hey guys. Could use some assistance.

My character's an agent for a shadow faction tasked with infiltrating a tyrannical church. I don't need to be a cleric or a functionary, just a general assistant to some important members. I'm picking Charlatan, and the Actor feat. Race is Human (Variant), but I'm stumped on how I should go about building this character the rest of the way.

I'm hoping to do a good mix of combat ability and utility, thinking either College of Lore Bard (Or College of Blades, cause that's interesting), or something involving Rogue.

I've also seen Tome Warlock 3/College of Lore Bard 17 which looks attractive.

Ultimately my build goals are this: Skill monkey who can be useful to a party that includes a Druid, a Cleric, and presumably a Warlock with the ability to deceive all of the aforementioned should a reason arise. In addition, my character must be able to eliminate targets with relatively little struggle. Surprise is fine, but the ability to kill someone and make it look like it wasn't the character is an absolute must. We have firearms, but I haven't seen how effective they'll be yet. Basically flintlock, still, if they're high damage that could be extraordinarily useful.
>>
>>47576057
shut up, jesus
>>
Fuck Volo, I want a Savage Species for this edition.
>>
The homebrew pastebin doesn´t seem to be avaible for me.

On that note, does anyone links or experience with fire emblem homebrews? Need them for suggestions and reference.
>>
>>47576118
>fire emblem homebrews
christ
>>
>>47573896
Batman is lawful good (at least in 3.5) IIRC.
>>
>>47576176
Well, sorry but I´m insane enough to try.
>>
>>47576074
The comparison is flattering, but I assure you that's not my name.

Another note on my lengthy request here, >>47576057 so that no-one thinks I'm basically just asking for hand-outs: I'd only like some assessments on the builds I've outlined, maybe the presentation of some others if you're exceptionally generous. In an effort to be more specific, I'll outline them below:

Tome Warlock 3/College of Lore Bard 17
Assassin Rogue 3/College of Lore Bard 17
Thief Rogue 3/College of Blades Bard 17
College of Lore Bard 20
Assassin 20

I really like the idea of a nice, handy, reliable 2d6 Sneak Attack against anything that has yet to move in the round/anything I have advantage against and getting automatic criticals against surprised enemies.
>>
>>47575956
H O M E B R E W R A C E

HALF ORC/HALF HALFLING HALF HALFING LOL MY SIDES
>AGE: REACH ADULTHOOD AROUND 14, LIVE TO ABOUT 50
>ALIGNMENT: TEND TOWARD CHAOTIC GOOD
>SIZE: AVERAGE 4-5 FEET TALL, WEIGH 150 POUNDS, SIZE IS MEDIUM
SPEED: BASE WALKING SPEED IS 25 FEET
DARKVISION: ORC BLOOD. 60 FEET.
LUCKY: WHEN YOU ROLL A 1 ON AN ATTACK ROLL, ABILITY CHECK, OR SAVING THROW, YOU CAN REROLL THE DIE AND MUST USE THE NEW ROLL
SAVAGE ATTACKS: WHEN YOU SCORE A CRITICAL HIT WITH A MELEE WEAPON ATTACK, YOU CAN ROLL ONE OF THE WEAPON'S DAMAGE DICE ONE ADDITIONAL TIME AND ADD IT TO THE EXTRA DAMAGE OF THE CRITICAL HIT.
LANGUAGES: COMMON AND EITHER ORC OR HALFLING
PLEASE RATE
>>
File: 1464027403840.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1464027403840.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
>>47576240
stupid
>>
>>47576278
Fuck you, I hope an orc tells your mother that you are name-calling bully and it tears her heart to pieces.
>>
>>47576240
I don't know what's worse, the caps lock or the shitty homebrew
>>
>the new adventure is about a war with the giants

This was so obvious, in a lot of the adventures they alluded heavily to this. I wonder if they will finally include that legendary hammer that requires the belt of hill giant strength and the gauntlets of ogre strength to wield.
>>
>>47576118
>fire emblem homebrews

Why would you need this? You could do nearly everything in the series already.
>>
File: warrior-mage-casting-destruction.jpg (350 KB, 1761x1080) Image search: [Google]
warrior-mage-casting-destruction.jpg
350 KB, 1761x1080
I want an opinion on my character, both mechanically and flavorwise.

Yes going to be a variant human fiendish chainlock with an acolyte of Asmodeus background. The character style is in line with a Palpatinian Sith apprentice seeking to rise in the ranks of the church and to learn as many fiendish truenames as possible to become a makeshift fiend conjuror. He's also looking for the Book of Vile Darkness since it has several yugoloth truenames. The variant human feat is magic initiate with some cleric spells that aren't based on wisdom or spell level to help cement his past as an acolyte.
>>
Well, One of the strong points for me in fire emblem were the many classes and how they fared against each other (the weapons triangle for example). I want to build classes and races based on the game, that´s pretty much it.
>>
>>47576812
>warrior-mage
Isn't that Ammon Jerro from NWN2?
>>
>>47576832
Forgot to link to >>47576428
>>
>>47576812
I like it, enslaving demons could totally be kosher for a devil-aligned warlock
>>
>>47576832
You could do every single class with the material available without using homebrew.
>>
File: 1463142784054.gif (339 KB, 423x386) Image search: [Google]
1463142784054.gif
339 KB, 423x386
>sorcerers don't get find familiar unless you take magic initiate

Literally why?
>>
>>47577021
I prefer to blast people than to care about some pet.
>>
>>47577021
Because they aren't wizards or warlocks
>>
>>47577028
>can distract people to get advantage on attack
>works great with party
>can be used to scout ahead

They are more than just a pet, it's like having an unseen servant spell always casted and it can fly
>>
So, I'm work shopping a campaign idea to do with my group after they finish Lost Mines of Phandalver. I feel like there's some good potential here, but there's some stuff I need to fill in. The gist is:

>Give the characters some downtime to be treated like heroes by the town after the events of the adventure
>An old wizard comes to town, clearly a wealthy man. He offers to buy the abandoned manor that the party raided earlier
>He reaches out the party, having heard of their exploits and seeing their potential as adventurers
>Says that he's making a guild of adventurers, it doesn't matter their factions or affiliation, as long as they fight for the peace of the world
>Once they agree he says that they'll be the founding members and asks them to follow a lead to find more people to join them in a town a ways away
>Have a small adventure where they save a town from a low level vampire, recruit a guy or two in the process
>Come back to the manor nearly repaired, over the course of the adventure it gets better and better, and more NPC's join the guild
>The majority of quests they get from their guildmaster will be to find evil artifacts so they can keep them out of the wrong hands
>Over time the guildmaster starts experimenting with the evil artifacts with the excuse that he'll use them for good
>Slowly he gets less goodygoody
>Climax will either be a large scale battle against the guild master who has gone full evil (either through corruption from the artifacts, or he was always evil and it was all part of his big plan, but not sure what his end goal would be) or they pick between siding with the guild or another faction that fears that much power being all in one place (maybe some sort of army or government men)
>In both of these endings they'd have guild members they were the friendliest with join their side in a large battle

There's still a lot of stuff to fill in here, but I was wondering if this outline sounds interesting to anyone else or if it sounds lame.
>>
>>47571088
I've had some success so far with Strahd only showing up twice, but they were within a couple days of each other. Enough to establish that the party has his attention, and keep them on their toes.
>>
>>47576397
Mjolnir?
>>
>>47577065
This. Find Familiar is a must-take at level 3 for arcane tricksters to the point that they might as well make it a class feature.

>cast invisibility on your owl/flying snake familiar, get advantage on every turn
>enemy can't prepare an action to hit it because they can't see it coming
>>
>>47577171
Sounds like it could be a
>bring me that magic staff
>now bring me that magic sword
>now bring me that magic ring
>now bring me that magic artifact
...-campaign
Also, your players might notice that he's changing like after the second quest and start derailing or at least fucking your plotline up. Maybe enough for a few cool sidequests, but no campaign material sry.
>>
>>47577065
If I want a pet, I raise some Undead like any Sorcerer worth its salt. Pokémon is for kids.
>>47577252
We're talking about Sorcerers here, go steal something but our spotlight.
>>
>>47573816
A vigilante that murders people purely for being liars, adulterers, and commiting other sin not punishable by the law of the land is gonna be lawful as fuck.
>>
>>47577382
That's chaotic evil.
>>
>>47577311
>sorcerer
>creating undead

Someone should look over their spell list again and make sure they know that sorcerers cannot animate dead.
>>
>>47574033
>only 3 are confirmed, all classes
What are they? I've seen nothing.
>>
did any of the 5E adventure storylines books add character options into the game?
>>
>>47578001
Princes of the Apocalypse contained new races and spells that were released for free in the EEPC.

Curse of Strahd had a background, OotA had some background options.

All of them have had new magical items in some form or another, but that's more for DMs than anything.
>>
http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3464-STORM-KING-S-THUNDER-Confirmed!#.V1CVEOYrKUk

>PCs can actually become giants!
>Culminates in a battle against a villain working behind the scenes. Truly mighty, truly terrifying. Traces origins back to earliest days of the Realms. Ed Greenwood created the villain.
>>
>>47569654
Good ones are:
Battlemaster (take 11 lvls of this tops to get "extra attack 2" , fighting style etc.)
Druid (just play kung fu panda with tonns of AC and usefull spells)
Ranger nets you extra Hp, dueling fighting style as well as spells)
Cleric only nets you decent spells like sword burst from SCAG (if you go Arcana domain)
Rogue thief makes you a good darts user while assasin is neat as well but you mostly want rogue only for cunning action and expertise.
Warlock is great for invocations and hex.
>>
>>47570967
I have listened to pretend wizards for a while. They started playing during the play tests and move more into 5e as the podcast continues.
They have a lot of rp more so than combat but I think it is great.
>>
>>47577954
He means races I'm sure. I haven't heard any classes at all.
>>
File: boell-oyino-jedi-madame.jpg (88 KB, 697x800) Image search: [Google]
boell-oyino-jedi-madame.jpg
88 KB, 697x800
>>47570311
yo i went to sleep, but you're my only response anyway. when i first thought of it, i thought it sounded overpowered. then i thought it just sounded powerful, and that abilities are generally better than feats. then i thought thats not even true and now i'm thinking maybe no one will even take this option. but i think i'll give them the opportunity.

re: spellcasters. i don't even know what they would take. the abjurer capstone is so good everyone should take it. most spellcasters would likely want the diviner ability to give people predetermined d20 rolls, but again is that better than getting your casting stat up to 20 asap? that means you wouldn't take it until level 12. even with a first level feat, its a second level ability.

i think my idea is the char building sim add on to 5e of the future, for me anyway.... i guess no one really cares though based on me getting no responses. so i guess i won't post about it more.

also re: vs multiclassing. i think multiclassing is still good in a lot of instances, like if you want more than one ability. or for example to get the coveted level 2 warlock dip would take 2 feats, one to get eldritch blast, and one to get the invocation. multiclassing is rare anyway (or, in my 5e experience thusfar) but they seem distinct enough from each other that i think theres room for both.
>>
>>47573624
DRUNKEN BOXING
>>
File: james-zapata-warlock.jpg (212 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
james-zapata-warlock.jpg
212 KB, 900x1200
>>47577789
death favored soul

checkmate atheists

nah you're right though
>>
>>47578045
Which background was released in CoS?
>>
>>47578479
"Haunted One."
>>
>>47578492
>5. An oni took your sibling one cold, dark night, and you were unable to stop it.
I know who I'm playing next.
>>
File: D&D-WofDG_20.jpg (82 KB, 850x477) Image search: [Google]
D&D-WofDG_20.jpg
82 KB, 850x477
In any of the editions of D&D were was there ever a detailed Mages Guild supplement? How about a Thieves Guild supplement?
>>
>>47578914
No.
Also class guilds are mostly retarded anyway.
>>
>>47578994
I apologize, I meant like a supplement that detailed a mages guild or a thieves guild. I'm going to be running some stuff in 5e soon that will be using both of these concepts (I think) and I figured that earlier editions might have already covered some of that same ground.
>>
>>47578914
What would you want from a supplement?

There is a guild artisan background that could easily be adapted if you really want such a thing
>>
>>47578536
Does David Duchovny LARP?
>>
>>47579077
Again, worded poorly. >>47579046
>>
>>47578536
"I don't know what attacked us, Mulderan. It could have been an Oni, it could have been a hot air balloon. I just don't know."
>>
>>47579046
do you mean like details the actual... building? or details like how its structured, members, organization, etc?

if the latter try finding the 2e book (I think its 2e) Forgotten Realms - Cloak and Dagger. It lists like every secret organization in the forgotten realms and who their leaders are circa whenever the book came out.

I have a pdf and would attach it, but its too big. But that means its definitely findable on google.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.