[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Campaign Quest Ideas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: SomeRandomDragonborn.jpg (56 KB, 508x491) Image search: [Google]
SomeRandomDragonborn.jpg
56 KB, 508x491
I've been running a new campaign with some fairly new players, and i've fallen on a mental block of creativity.

So I'd very much like to hear some ideas for some short term or even long term goals that my players could be involuntary guinea pigs for.

Right now they are currently running about a coastal region collecting some crystal objects, but i don't have anything planned for when they collect all 7 of them. So ideas for that would be welcome as well.
>>
>As it turns out, the magical properties of the crystals have been greatly misconstrued over the years.

Once brought together, they emit an awfully pretty glow and everyone feelshould warm and happy, but that's about it--nothing but charmed gemstones that have waned in power throughout the centuries.
>>
Once brought together they emit a three dimensional map to an ancient city/ruin, or a series of temples. Gems unlock the doors. What is inside the temples, or where they lead, who can say?
>>
Next time name your thread something else so it doesn't go in everyone's filters.
>>
>>47548559
Aight, sorry, a bit new to 4chan
>>
>>47548318
Give me a list of who is in your party, preferably characters and the reason why the players are playing.

For a general idea, I'd say that the seven crystals, when brought together, release an ancient evil, or legendary artifact from an ever growing labryinth. From there, it becomes your game.
>>
>>47548684
Well, It's a bit of clusterfuck. With homebrew races in the mix.

Minotaur Barbarian: CN, playing for fun and more of a hack n' slash player.
Half-Orc Barbarian: CE, Playing to try out something that isn't 40k.
Wood-Elf Druid: CG, Probably my favorite player, equal focus on story and gameplay.
Wood-Elf Rogue: CN, almost entirely a lore player
Human Fighter: LG, this one won't live long enough to matter.

Again, it's a bit of a mess, but i'm sure that the players can sort it out by murdering each other.
>>
>>47548924
None of those appear to be homebrew, since Minotaur is in UA.

Hmm, rogue is entirely story? Then the next time he goes sneaking around, have someone mention a local legend about a great beast that was trapped in the sea.

Wood Elf druid will be permitted either Nature or History checks to find out about a legendary crew of pirates that gathered a massive horde of treasure, only to die when attacked, seemingly accidentally, by a school of whales (or another, more deadly aquatic creature, should you so desire.)
Upon collecting all 7 pieces, reveal to the party that the pirate captain lost an eye and replaced it with his most valuable gem, which was sundered into pieces during the whale attack. As soon as this gem is reassembled, the ghost of the captain will be reborn (as if he had a pirate phylactery-a phylarceny if you will) and either fight the party or request that you find the sea god who killed all his friends. Eventually, your party will fight a kraken, get a ship, and have an amazing nautical campaign.

I also recommend tying in the backstories of the characters who care about story to the actual story, both to reward their roleplaying and to incentivise the same in your other players (especially the brobarians.)
>>
>>47549121
You are a saint, I appreciate the assistance
>>
>>47549221
No problem, comrade.
This may sound a tad obvious, but I suggest creating opportunities for each character based on your above descriptions. The only two where this might be hard is the LG fighter and CE ork. Give the former a GLORIOUS DEATH and offer the ork a taste of each part of D&D, to see what type of character he likes. He could reroll the barbarian, or love the barbarian and keep playing. Either way, you'll find out how to gear part of your game to his taste.

I'm currently doing this type of stuff right now, for example:
LG Half-elf fighter/paladin: Plays Total War and such like you wouldn't believe, so now he's a tactical genius with a huge army.
'CN' High Elf Wizard: Wants power, is on his way to getting a lot of it.
CE Drow Rogue: Shows up for chaos, so I let him start battles and wars and just have fun with it.
Halfling ranger: I'm only now figuring out why she's here, so I'm going to make her important with the lategame.

And they're all bound together by a need to kill a/the being of pure entropy.

Let every party member have their individual goals and actions, while still having a reason to stay together. It will take a lot of work, but it is so damn worth it to see the look on their faces as their hard earned characters became legends.
>>
>>47548318
I thought this was gonna be a campaign brainstormer
>>
>>47548318
>>47548534
The temples aren't temples at all but prisons for a cabal of ancient devils and demons that a deity gave its life to defeat. The very first one they unwittingly release thanks them by showering them in gold and then leaves to free the others.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.