[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/exg/ Exalted General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: Wandering Champion.jpg (168 KB, 700x528) Image search: [Google]
Wandering Champion.jpg
168 KB, 700x528
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: https://web.archive.org/web/20160314105757/http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. There were a lot of lesbians though. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ddtp2932ad32j/Anathema_Custom_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Updated OP edition: swapped out the URL for the old edition tutorial.
>>
what percentage of dragonblood is required to exalt?

how are mixed heritages resolved?(how does it decide which element they are)
>>
Where do you find your character art /tg/?

Have you ever commissioned artwork for your ongoing Exalted games?

Have you done your own art for your games?
>>
So how good is Godbound anyway?
>>
>>47548078
>what percentage of dragonblood is required to exalt?
.0000000001%

>how are mixed heritages resolved?(how does it decide which element they are)
I don't think elemental identity is heritable in 3e.
>>
>>47548078

>what percentage of dragonblood is required to exalt?

The tinest sliver. You just have to be worthy of Exaltation in the Dragon's eyes and be of their line.
>>
Reminder that Morke and Holden are liars.
>>
>>47549403
>>47549287
We're off to a roaring start Gentlemen. See you in London for the wake.
>>
>>47549287

Better than the broken mess of a system Holden or Morke could come up with.
>>
>>47549382
>>47549352
These. Every once in a great while a Terrestrial outcaste Exalts in a family that had no known Dragon-Blooded relatives, because of boinking further back than their records stretched.
>>
File: Capture.png (234 KB, 338x495) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
234 KB, 338x495
This is my waifu
>>
>>47551198
>not qt Mnemon
>one of the solars
Anathema detected.
>>
>>47551280
She may not be mnemon but look at that and tell me it isnt cute
She looks like a peppy friendly solar out to make the world a better place
>>
>>47551280
What are you going to do Call in a Wyld Hunt?
>>
Hello /ExG/
So I'm in a forum game playing a refugee from another country who fled into nexus for safety. My question is should i give them an accent? I want my character to have a look and feel that is outside the norm, and might be a bit off-putting.

I have had good luck with it in the past but that was a D&D game online and I mimicked the accent of a Jagermonster from Girl Genius. He was just outside the norm enough to fit.

What do you all think would be a good accent for a character from near the dreaming sea, who is a prince of a country based loosely on the 3 Musketeers, that has a strong dueling tradition? Remember the accent must be represented in typing, so what would you use?
>>
>>47551624
>country based loosely on the 3 Musketeers

Uh, French?
>>
>>47549403

i will never forget that holden and morke are liars
>>
damnit, wrote up this whole thing for a deviltiger in progress npc and st looks it goes "why did you hand me homebrew for szoreny?"
>>
>>47551624

Honestly, I've never really found accents to go over well in text; it's just too immersion-breaking to try and piece words together through someone's attempt to Scottishify spelling.

I would go with putting some of it in the descriptive text, like, "Would you care to welcome Pearl to Wavecrest with me?" she said, her northern accent transforming the 'w's into 'v's.

Alternately, just use strange phrases no one else would, like "By Ahlat's twisty testicles!"
>>
File: 1427042720928.gif (233 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1427042720928.gif
233 KB, 500x281
>>47552747
>By Ahlat's twisty testicles!
>>
>>47551198
Isn't she that one twilight that hung out with... kidale? And Faka Kun and that circle? She was based in Chairoscuro.
>>
>>47551933
How would you type a French Accent?
>>
>>47549403
And SLS is innumerate.
>>
>>47551477
That is the "What are you gonna do, stab me?"" of Creation right there.
>>
>>47553440

Turn your ths to zs, drop your hs, and throw in some french profanity.

Ze tea was 'orrible, ze food was worse, and ze innkeep is a traitorous pile of merde!
>>
>>47553978
Thanks
>>
I have something I need help with

Here's the basics, I'm my circle's Dawn with Supernal brawl, and I'm fighting in an arena to get us access to someone we have to see (and probably beat up) while the others are gambling.

I've managed so far but now up against a dragonblood and things are getting messy.

Problem is, this is my first exalted game and I'm pretty awful, lacking many charms to actively help with things like dealing with his armor's soak right now I'm relying on stunts and burning my essence to keep roughly ahead and some bad luck will make even that now matter, plus I'm running out of essence and going to start obviously glowing if I push any further. Not smart when I'm basically centre stage.

I've been trying to come up with solutions for how I can turn the fight around, but the most I've come up with is use my init of about 12 to try and disarm his naginata away and pray he's really inept at unarmed stuff or to try to involve the others in the circle as support for the GM to give a morale bonus/penalty but its hard to in character-ly talk to them in the stands in this fight.

Not sure what else they could do either, They're very good at what they do, but thats mostly talking. Only other alternative I can think of is to try an anti armour disarm but that's not necessarily something that will be accepted so I'm not banking on it.

I'm sure there's a ton I'm missing for options, but wondering if anyone has ideas for what will be best
>>
>>47554568
Disarm that Naginata. He's probably gonna be doing less damage without it anyway.
>>
>>47554568
post your sheet, its hard to give you advice without know what charms you have
>>
>>47554568

Disarming is good, another gambit to knock someone prone will give them -2 defence. Post your character sheet.
>>
>>47554736

I don't have anything fancy. we've had minimal downtime to spend on training. Smashfists and light armour, I've only got the brawl charms to get myself Ascendant Battle Visage, and Dodge's Reed in wind, Searing Quicksilver flight, and for resistance, Durability of Oak and Spirit Strengthens the skin.

Not smart I know but again first real game.

Big problem is I don't have Fists of Iron and that's making soak a killer. Full sheet is at http://everydaymagicalgirls.wikidot.com/agathe-darius-song though the exacts are on roll20
>>
>>47554995
er, exacts on init and remaining motes. though, out of personal motes, unharmed, we're both around 12~ init. Full will. Gonna start burning that probably too.
>>
>>47554995
Wow, that's a pretty bad charm selection. I would try onslaughting them into the ground, and try crashing them with Searing Quicksilver Flight, but that's just me.
>>
>>47555010
Honestly if you're at ~12 inititative it might be worth going for a decisive to put some wound penalties on the db. Then reset to 5 initiative with Striving Aftershock Method.
>>
>>47555019
Yeah like I said, first game. Minimal training time. The moment training happens I'll be good.

>>47555188
He's also unhurt so I'm unsure on how lucky I'll be, 2-4 damage probably won't be enough since they seem like an (infinity better optimised) fighter, I can only hope they're burning essence just as much to match me, and will have a lower stock otherwise.
>>
>>47554995
Use Ascendant Battle Visage to clash every incoming attack as your combat action - winning a clash means that you do not have to spend motes on defense and you do a guaranteed 3 SUCCESSES of withering damage if you win.

The primary benefit of that charm (in this case) is scene-length clashes.
>>
>>47555344
This will work around your lack of withering-damage boosters with guaranteed damage, and will take advantage of the inherent accuracy of light weapons.

Also, use smashing attacks! Knocking the other guy prone is a huge advantage, and well worth 2i -1 defense.
>>
>>47549287
It's okay, but it's weird/hilarious that some of the people who wanted a low-crunch Exalted are furious that the game that does it is also OSR and therefore regressive and etc.

In terms of the game itself, it's managed to be a d20 Exalted-like game without being a mess, which is an accomplishment. I still prefer Exalted 3E's combat engine, social, and setting though.
>>
>>47555373
I agree
>>
>>47555368
>>47555344
I feel like he's in a situation where he cannot afford to show his Anima.

>>47554995
What are the consequences of not winning? Are they worse than the consequences of using ABV? If not, you have a good chance to win through clashes. If not, you should concede : there's no point in winning this fight if it's just gonna make things worse.
>>
does merely *having* past lives at a high rating fuck with you? or is that only when you've recently used it to improve a roll?
>>
>>47556066

In theory, the former, kind of like how Resources changes who you are even if you aren't literally spending money at the moment.

In practice, most people who take Past Lives either minimize the drawback by just having the past life BE the dominant personality, or only invoke it when a roll comes up, yes.
>>
Does anyone have that Lunar homebrew splat for 3e? I need it for an upcoming game I'm running.
>>
>>47556590

This one?

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/773992-homebrew-lunar-charms-for-3e
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 761x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 761x1200
>>47556820
Yeah, that one.

Also, post lunars! I'm posting a girl because that's all I've got right now, but I really need art for a male Lion-totem lunar if anyone has art that fits that description.
>>
File: do-show-.jpg (213 KB, 885x1080) Image search: [Google]
do-show-.jpg
213 KB, 885x1080
>>
>>47551624
>look and feel that is outside the norm
>nexus
Pfff, good luck with that. Most diverse and oddball city in Creation right there.
>>
>>47554568
>>47554995
Clinch when you can, clash when you can't. That's what your charms lend themselves to. Don't bother with disarming - grab that motherfucker into a grapple, hope he doesn't have good Brawl, and then push his face in.
>>
>>47557119
Nexus is surprisingly mundane compared to say, Sijan or Great Forks.

In any other setting Nexus would be Waterdeep or Sigil. In Creation, it only really stands out thanks to the Guild and the Emissary.
>>
File: 1422919429525.png (155 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1422919429525.png
155 KB, 400x400
>>47557024
Did someone say Lunars?
>>
>>47557219
And the fact that its population is goddamn enormous, and has a diverse as fuck ethnic and cultural spread because people come there from all over creation, and has markets flooded with the hauls of Scavenger Lords claimed from the ruins that litter the East, and has guild-hired craftsmen making Jade artifacts, and has exotic mundane trade goods from all over the world, and...
>>
>>47548934
Character art threads, deviantart, artstation, wh40kart.im, Newgrounds

No

Only a silly fsjal meme overpaint in paint.NET
>>
>>47549287
>Godbound
You got a download of that somewhere, homie, or are you just going to assume I've read it?
>>
>>47557248
Yeah, hence "The Guild." That's why Nexus is a big deal in the region, but compare it to the festival city where mortals rub shoulders with gods, or magical Japan/Sparta, or the city where ghosts outnumber the living and generally get along.
>>
>>47557426
The Guild is active in Nexus because Nexus is a big deal, not the other way around.
>>
>>47557515
Nexus without the Guild wouldn't be as big of a deal. The Guild without the Nexus wouldn't be as big of a deal (in that area)
>>
Has anybody done a good 2e Thaumaturgy -> 3e port?
>>
>>47549382
>You just have to be worthy of Exaltation in the Dragon's eyes and be of their line.

Since when? It's genetics. Worthless shits get Exalted as DB's all the time because it's literally a genetic lottery. Thats the huge joke behind the IO religion and the Realm ideology as a whole, that it's all fake as fuck and none of them realize it.
>>
>>47557426
>>47557545
Nexus is a big deal because it's a massive breadbasket city where two MASSIVE trade rivers meet in a part of the world absolutely flooded with magical artifacts. It would be a huge fucking deal regardless of whether or not the Guild was there.
>>
File: HoldenGetsTolden.png (153 KB, 734x653) Image search: [Google]
HoldenGetsTolden.png
153 KB, 734x653
>>47549403

Hold on, let me drag up an old one.
>>
>>47557881
Entirely accurate.

As I understand it, unlike other exalts, who exalt for great deeds, the Dragon-blooded exalt for feeling sufficiently strong emotions. The more potent your breeding, the less potent the emotions need to be.

This is why, for example, there's a canon dragon-blooded who exalted mid-way through being raped.

Dragon-blooded exalt during moments of extreme fear, anxiety, anger, happiness, or what have you, and Breeding makes it more likely to happen by lowering that minimum threshold.
>>
>>47557907

Didn't a book boil it down a d10 roll at birth to see if they would Exalt later in life, with a higher Breeding lowering the number needed on the die, or is this just some houserule I'm mistaking as fact?
>>
>>47557954
That's the behind-the-fluff mechanics, yeah.
>>
>>47557907
There was a guy who exalted while being castrated. Shit gets crazy.
>>
>>47558012
Yeah. When you exalt during 'extreme emotion,' that leads to some seriously messed up Dragon-blooded sometimes.
>>
File: Holden.jpg (429 KB, 732x1912) Image search: [Google]
Holden.jpg
429 KB, 732x1912
>>47557893

Here, have an updated version.
>>
Guise its my first time gming exalted I think I'll get the party started at the blessed isle do you have any tips? Specialy about making enemies npc
>>
>>47558093
Why are any of those fucking faces necessary
goddman.
>>
>>47558253

For extra emphasis on just how retarded what was said, was.
>>
File: 1457548671233.jpg (123 KB, 403x324) Image search: [Google]
1457548671233.jpg
123 KB, 403x324
>>47554568
hey you're pretty cute wanna be my waifu
>>
>>47554568
Yet another example of why Nights are the best caste.
>>
File: tumblr_o7mdxpKcOd1rqat58o1_1280.jpg (242 KB, 1274x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7mdxpKcOd1rqat58o1_1280.jpg
242 KB, 1274x1920
>>47547945
Why should I play an Eclipse, /exg/?
>>
>>47558342
because they're cute
>>
>>47558268
It just makes the image look fucking terrible.
>>
>>47558342

Because no one else did and everyone made their characters before you did, so you got stuck playing that shit. At least in 3e your caste skills aren't completely shit anymore since you have some choice with them now.
>>
>>47558342
>Why should I play an Eclipse, /exg/?
Because you can bind people to keep their promises and hold them to their lies, and you can start with a persona at chargen by taking Socialize Supernal.

A persona is basically an alternative personality that your character can assume indefinitely after a four hour tradition. With the right charms, it gains 2/3 of the XP that your 'main' personality gains, can purchase its own charms that the main personality doesn't get, and has full access to all main-personality charms for which it meets the Ability minimums.

It's an 8 charm investment, but it quickly pays off, as eventually that 2/3 XP is enough to put you in the net positives charm-wise rather than the net negatives; it does take 20 sessions to get to that threshold, though.

Additional personas - good for other side functions - can either be purchased with charm repurchases - 1 charm per additional persona, or 2 charms if you want the additionals to also get the 2/3 XP rate instead of 1/2.

Or, for an additional 8 charms, you can pick up At Your Service, which lets you instantly generate a one-time persona which fills another character's needs, activated in reaction to becoming aware of those needs. It always has as many Ability dots and Charms as your most powerful permanent persona, so if your Circle needs an expert investigator, a medical doctor to patch them all up after a fight, or a pirate to sneak them into a city? Well, shiver your timbers, because Captain Sherlock, PhD is on the case.

Mind you, that's a 16 charm investment - doable at chargen, but you'll be on the gimpy side until you've gotten enough XP for your personas to start being really powerful.

But in the mean time, you can still be useful to your Circle using Excellencies alone, and both of your absurdly-useful caste powers - diplomatic immunity and oath-sealing.

Basically, Eclipses have great powers, personas are rad, make it happen.
>>
>>47558342
Because you want to play around with 3e's sexy new Sail charms, and Eclipses are the only ones that get Supernal Sail, the lucky bastards. At least for Socialize's sexy new persona charms you can just be a Night - the best Caste - instead.
>>
>>47557893
>>47558093
Why.
>>
File: AMaskedGuy.jpg (366 KB, 1183x2100) Image search: [Google]
AMaskedGuy.jpg
366 KB, 1183x2100
>>47558511

Why not?
>>
>>47558623
Because it's just 'nuh-uh' and I cringe every time I see it brought up as something to be proud of. The /v/ style multitude of reaction images just make it even worse.
>>
>>47558470
A well thought-out reply. I might actually do that, you know?

I would need a bureocratic persona though, since I want to build and run an empire...
>>
>>47558342
I'm planning one with Presence Supernal (Shouting at my Circle to help them improve), that studies the Black Claw Style and has ties to the Cult of the Illuminated. Should be fun.
>>
>>47559250
Mechanically I think Crane would match better. That way you can shout to improve people and counterattack if they hit you. Otherwise you will only be doing one of the two (shouting/hitting).
>>
>>47559314
Probably yes, but I like the narrative/mood of Black Claw, it really reminded me of my first read of the Sidereals in 1st Edition MA, the sort of philosophical style descriptions, like koans. (It's probably a poor way to say it, English isn't my native tongue)
>>
>>47559250
if you're shouting why not nightingale?
>>
>>47559654
Just because the charm is named Empowering Shout doesn't mean I'll be shouting all the time nor that I'll roleplay it as a shout every time.
>>
>>47558342
Sail Supernal is Best Supernal

But you also have access to Larceny, Presence, and Occult now, all of which are amazing. Occult is kinda specialized right now, but both of its E5 capstones are well worth your interest and it's the place to homebrew sorcery-enhancing effects (already has Ancient Tongues Understanding).

Want to fight? Ride is a valid combat Supernal even if you don't favor Survival like you're obviously going to. Reflexive disengages if you're ranged (or "ranged," like Dreaming Pearl Courtesan or Thrown types), reflexive Defend Other from your yeddim, JB replacer if for some reason you dump Awareness, stupid-high JB booster with the thing that doubles Speed and the thing that turns Speed into successes for JB, oh and you break the action economy. That 8-dice yeddim kick might not hit too often even with Familiar-Honing Instruction from E2 Survival, but it's an onslaught penalty, and if you're riding a tyrant lizard or a great cat or a leak-version simhata it's actually a threat.

You can't learn any good Charms with your anima, but diplomatic immunity comes up eventually always, and oathbinding is BY A THOUSAND MILES the strongest possible social thing you can do that isn't Memory-Reweaving Discipline or Hypnotic Lickitung Technique. Sometimes it even surpasses them.
>>
what genre do you think hell music is?
>>
>>47559431
You're saying it correctly.
>>
>>47559741
Rock and roll.
>>
>>47559741
Scream metal.
>>
>>47559741
Well...it has harps and bells and shit, and dance without malice makes it sound like the only peace malfeas can find. But on the other hand compass of celestial directions mentions all the demons being lead in the dance of mace and shield which sounds awfully moshpitty... donno what it could be.
>>
>>47559811
with harps?
>>
>>47559876
Probably with vuvuzelas
>>
>>47559862

It's almost like Malfeas is an entire fucking world unto itself with cultures and sub-cultures.
>>
>>47559894
What sort of dance makes you mad at rocks?
>>
>>47559741
It's like a heavy metal festival that some chucklefuck decided to arrange right next to a concert house where a classical concert is concurrently taking place, and audiences of both events, enraged buy their concert being ruined by the overly loud music of the neighboring assholes, are having a mass fight in the space between.
>>
>>47559938
I like this description. I vote this.
>>
>>47559782
hey now, thats a hurtful stereotype. just cause they're demons doesn't mean they love metal
>>
>This Charm supplements a Join Battle roll with a free full
>(Perception + Awareness) Excellency

Awakening Eye, page 270, everyone's favourite charm for trying to win the battle in the first round, WHAT DOES IT DO?

Do you roll Wits + Awareness + Perception + Awareness for JB? Perception + Awareness twice? Wits once, Perception twice, Awareness three times? I don't think there's another charm that adds a full Excellency to a different roll, and I'm a bit confused by it.
>>
>>47560671
You roll Wits+Awareness as normal, and add however many dice you would get from a full Perception+Awareness excellency to it. You can still add dice up to your Wits+Awareness cap afterwards.
>>
>>47560704
So if you had Perception P, Wits W and Awareness A you'd be rolling W+A+2*(P+A)? With the option of doubling the W+A as well? Are you sure that's the intention?

If the charm were "just" a 5m1wp full excellency with some failure rerolls thrown in, it'd still be great. I really doubt it's supposed to allow you to quadruple your dice pool at the same time.
>>
>>47560704
>You can still add dice up to your Wits+Awareness cap afterwards.

I would say that part is probably wrong, if only because they're trying to clamp down hard on dice adders and it's still a charm thats adding dice.
>>
>>47560807
I mean (and this happens to me a lot) if you have a Wits+Awareness pool of 10, but a Perception+Awareness pool of 8, Awakening Eye puts you at 18 dice. Then, you can spend 2m on an excellency to put yourself up to 20 dice, which is your Wits+Awareness dicecap.
>>
>>47560838
That could work. I mean, that was my first reading of the charm until I saw what full excellency means elsewhere when it's being used on the same att+ability combo. Like in Spirit Drawing Oculus.

Spirit-Drawing Oculus
Cost: 1wp, 3a; Mins: Occult 5, Essence 5
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: None
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Sorcerer’s Burning Chakra
The Solar may channel the Essence of the world through
her body, becoming a momentary vector for incredible
power. While her anima is iconic, the Exalt perceives the
flows of Essence around her. Even as she recognizes the
inherent genius of cosmic design, she sees its flaws—loose
or wasted motes, cast off from expelled Charms or sorcery,
or flowing from fissures in the dragon tracks. For one Will-
power, she may cast off her anima, shedding it to the dim
level. It dissipates, flowing out across the world in all di-
rections, and every loose mote it passes is drawn back to
the Solar. Roll a free full Occult Excellency of the Solar’s
(Perception + Occult); successes on this roll determine
how many motes the Solar is able to gather. These motes
may only be used to power Charms from Craft, Investiga-
tion, Medicine, Lore, and Occult, or added to the mote
total of a shaping action by the Solar. Spirit-Drawing
Oculus may only be used once per day.

This one probably lets you roll twice your Perception + Occult. Otherwise it could just say "roll Perception + Occult". But then the wording of Awakening Eye looks weird.
>>
>>47560970

No, that's correct.

Perception+Awareness 10, Wits+Awareness 8: Awakening eye lets you roll 8+10 dice (the Perception+Awareness Excellency), and now you can't add any more by any means unless they're non-Charm dice because you're past your dice-cap.

PA 8, WA 10: Awakening Eye lets you roll 10+8 dice, and now you can add 2 more because your dice-cap is still 2 more to go.
>>
>>47561048
Wouldn't you roll 16 dice in that first example, not 18?
>>
File: Pirate_render_3000x1800.jpg (459 KB, 1800x3000) Image search: [Google]
Pirate_render_3000x1800.jpg
459 KB, 1800x3000
Seeming that everyone is praising Sail as of late? What a good Supernal Sail package for chargen?
>>
>>47561165

That's a reasonable way of looking at it.

My logic is thus: The roll is a Wits+Awareness roll, and thus--as a whole--is beholden to the Wits+Awareness dicecap.

But in specific, Awakening Eye invokes a Perception+Awareness Excellency, which means that for its effect only, you use the Perception+Awareness dicecap instead, letting it break the dicecap but only in the context of itself.

So Awakening Eye gets to say "I add 10 Charm dice!" which overrides the general rule (the dicecap of 8), but then every other Charm--which does not get that exception--looks at the fact you're adding more than 10 dice and goes "welp, sorry chief."

This also seems in line with the general purpose of the Charm: to give characters with high Perception but low Wits a leg up in battle, rather than being a Charm that requires both high Perception AND high Wits to be made full use of.
>>
>>47561280
Er, more than 8 dice*
>>
>>47561280
>>47561308

Actually, fuck.

I just remembered that the Solar dice-cap is defined outside the Excellency now, so it doesn't matter WHICH Excellency you use, the dice-cap for a given roll will be the same.

I SUCK COCKS; it would be 16 dice in that first example.
>>
>>47559741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y
>>
>>47554995

The charm selection isn't horrible, but definitely salvageable.

Here's the link to what I consider to be the Brawl skeleton package. Not really shilling but I don't want to make this two posts. Brawl is the first thing I comment on:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/869895-gm-manual-progression-charm-build-combos

As for battle tactics, other anons have it right. Disarm the Dragonblooded to have an easier time dealing with him is one of the ways to make them much easier. If the Dragonblooded is a swordsman than he won't be good with his fists... unless he's using a specific MA like Fire Dragon but that's rare.

The Smashfists can be a source of power in their evocations. Hell even an attunement benefit it may have could be worthwhile.
>>
>>47562305

Oh, and remind the ST that training time isn't like 2e. In 3e you basically learn by doing. So 'training' for brawl for your character means doing what she always does and getting into fistfights then passing out drunk, and repeating said process until you know how to do it.
>>
>>47558942
you do realize his name was on some of the worst books in 2e, right?

it's not 'nuh uh' it's 'lol are you serious'
>>
>>47563794

The whole thread is pretty much meaningless without the context. What does Exalted have a poor track record with? Effective and balanced charms? Usable Craft systems? SJW pandering?

Depending on which of these is being talked about, Holden could be right or wrong.
>>
>>47562427

Unfortunately it seems this isn't the case. Per the training time section on p. 178:

>but likewise, while time in battle provides insight, training is when those insights are contemplated, practiced, and perfected; neither training nor experience alone is sufficient for mastery.

I know I've seen in certain places online that exalts could do things like consider time spent imprisoned as training time spent on Larceny and Lockpicking charms and such, but was that just fanon? The passage in the book seems to discourage that kind of thing.
>>
>>47561653
I love his angry little hobbit stomp :)
>>
Why does everyone have a grudge against the Guild?
>>
>>47564010
>no context
>it literally quotes "As long as it's done well", obviously referring to the books considering thats ALL there is of Exalted

Come on bro, I've never even seen that pic before and even my dumb ass could figure out the context.
>>
>>47564085

Because they're the Walmart of Creation, and just like Walmart, they're crushing the competition everywhere in terms of making money through sheer volume.
>>
>>47564128

Maybe your dumb ass could divine what "it" they're talking about then? "The whole game" seems like a wide net.
>>
>>47564085
They're evil. They're evil without an excuse, without an 'except for.' They don't protect people they oppress from demons or rampaging spirits, they don't sacrifice others so that Creation has a future, and they aren't even trying to change the world into one that they think will be better. All the suffering they inflict is for their own selfish benefit, and they don't pretend otherwise. That puts them slightly below Oblivion but slightly above the Reclamation on the evil-o-meter; there are people who honestly believe that the world's makers reclaiming it would be good for Creation. The Guild doesn't even have that.

They also tend to be poorly written as an organization. I mean really, a single organization controlling all meaningful trade in Creation?
>>
>>47564085

Because everyone's a socialist, and the Guild are successful, hard-working capitalists.
>>
File: ExaltedCharacterConcept.jpg (32 KB, 534x788) Image search: [Google]
ExaltedCharacterConcept.jpg
32 KB, 534x788
>>47564172
>Morke writes rules and some fluff
>claims something will be good when his name is on it, which is obviously an Exalted book judging from the two lines of text

I wonder which it could be!? Theres so many choices! This is such a difficult concept to grasp and why it may be funny is so hard to discern!
>>
>>47564235
*Holden
>>
>>47564018
>Unfortunately it seems this isn't the case. Per the training time section on p. 178:
>>but likewise, while time in battle provides insight, training is when those insights are contemplated, practiced, and perfected; neither training nor experience alone is sufficient for mastery.
>I know I've seen in certain places online that exalts could do things like consider time spent imprisoned as training time spent on Larceny and Lockpicking charms and such, but was that just fanon? The passage in the book seems to discourage that kind of thing.
That's for everything except Solar charms:
>As such, while Charms can certainly be trained like any other skill, many characters ‘train’ their Charms by exercising the Ability in question under duress.
So yes, you can learn to become immune to poison while being drugged unconscious.
>>
>>47558250
>I'll get the party started at the blessed isle do you have any tips? Specialy about making enemies npc

Assuming your party are Solars, the enemies are EVERYONE ON THE CONTINENT
>>
>>47564530

I think he meant "stating up" enemy NPCs
>>
>>47564585

a few hundred size 5 poor drill peasants
>>
File: G1ATT.jpg (138 KB, 554x849) Image search: [Google]
G1ATT.jpg
138 KB, 554x849
>>47561250

No replies to this? Is Sail not as good as people say it is?
>>
>>47563794
according to the wiki hes only worked on masters of jade, compass autokun, and shards, all of which are pretty much the best 2e has to offer.
>>
>>47564675

Sail is not great. It has a couple of cool and evocative charms, and it is miles better than previous incarnations, but it's still incredibly niche. Don't supernal it unless your campaign is going to take place largely aboard ship.

Even if your campaign meets that requirement, it's hard to give you recommendations, because the Naval Combat system is so godawful you'll be houseruling it, and we have no idea how your houserules will interact with the charms.
>>
>>47564778

>Naval Combat system is so godawful

Confirmed to be one of the players who has to sit and wait as the player and ST roll against each other for long periods of time.

Its not bad but boring for everyone else not involved and therefor shit.
>>
>>47561250
Like all editions its completely dependent on where your game is being set.
>>
File: 1337970317025.jpg (480 KB, 1400x933) Image search: [Google]
1337970317025.jpg
480 KB, 1400x933
>>47564778

Can you give a few choice charms? I see that a few charms such as the Salty Dog tree don't require a ship, and those that do could be used on airships, and one could make up sand and land ships.

>>47564868

The Craft problem again? Everyone sits on their ass while one char steals the show.
>>
>>47563794
Pretty much all the 2E books he wrote are good, and he was only involved with the line after Infernals.

Do you not know who wrote what books?
>>
>>47564899
His name is on Return of the Scarlet Empress my man. Yeah he didn't write the shittiest parts of it but his name's still on it.
>>
>>47564891
It's not nearly as annoying as Craft, and it works at doing what it's supposed to. It's just, unless you're a ship captain you don't interact with the system much beyond doing regular combat stuff like taking potshots at an enemy crew with weapons, or boarding/repelling boarders, or using Sorcery to outright end the naval battle if that's your bag.
>>
>>47564868

How did RT do ship battles? Where everyone had a role in it?
>>
>>47564953
One book is not "some." He also wrote what was probably the best part of ROTSE too, which was the chapter on Hell and the part about Szoreny being a prison snitch.
>>
>>47564891
>Can you give a few choice charms? I see that a few charms such as the Salty Dog tree don't require a ship, and those that do could be used on airships, and one could make up sand and land ships.

Salty Dog is good. Rail-Storming Fervour is frankly hax. Blood and Salt Bondage is good as long as you can hang on your ship once per month.

>The Craft problem again? Everyone sits on their ass while one char steals the show.

It's more like the warfare problem from 2E. Instead of integrating the naval combat system into the functional combat system, they created an entirely different system that operates on a different time scale. So it alternates between everyone being bored while the sailor does his thing, and then the sailor being bored while everyone else does a boarding action.
>>
>>47565055
Basically everyone on a vessel has different positions, like a dude in the engineering bay repairs the ship, there is a helmsman, a gunner, a sensors officer, etc.
>>
>>47565073
The solution is that everyone takes sail and the pcs are all members of a small armada.
>>
>>47564235
ghost stories is a parody dub, that's not the original Japanese line
>>
>>47565229
The boats are color coded and can combine into a mecha.
>>
>>47565061
>>Exalted doesn't really have the best track record on this.
>It does when my name's on it.
The fact that he wrote what was "probably the best part of RotSE" does not change the fact that his name is on RotSE. Holden's name being on a product is not, in fact, an indelible seal of quality, despite what his bloated ego may tell him.
>>
>>47565349
Wasn't ROTSE the first thing besides Ink Monkies that he wrote for?
>>
>>47565427
Here's his credits, in his own words:
>HS: Sure. I started off helping playtest, balance, tighten the screws on, and ultimately edited The Manual of Exalted Power—The Infernals.
>
>My first actual paid writing gig for White Wolf was The Manual of Exalted Power—The Alchemicals. I got to do chapters one, three, four, and co-wrote chapter five, so this was basically my dream job. After that, I did the Alchemicals and some Dragon-Blooded in Scroll of Exalts, and chapter six and part of chapter seven of The Return of the Scarlet Empress. I got to stat Big Red.
>
>PDF-wise, I did the non-Incarnae Charms in Glories of the Most High, and the martial arts styles in Debris From the Fallen Races. I helped Michael Goodwin write Under the Rose, though he did most of the work on that. And I co-authored the revised material in Dreams of the First Age with John Morke.
>
>I also got the ball rolling on Ink Monkeys, if that counts.

Evaluate for yourself.
>>
>>47564085
slavers who sell to the fairfolk and deathlords
>>
>>47565334
like that academical sorcery spell
>>
>>47565660
alchemical
>>
>>47565660
Or even that Solar Sorcery spell.
>>
So how would Abyssal Socialize differ from Solar Socialize? Less focus on fitting into society and more on tearing down people's Intimacies?
>>
>>47566119

More or less. Abyssals are very Other; being half-dead they don't fit in with living OR dead societies, but that also makes them exotically attractive to both.

Abyssal Socialize could easily have a "poisoned tap" theme to it; luring people in and then ruining them for life and marriage, all while having no blood on your own hands.
>>
>>47566119
No, socialize still covers the same areas for Abyssals as it does for Solars, they just have a different means of accomplishing it.

Like an Abyssal might be able to analyze a society by observing its funerary customs, or something.
>>
How would you be able to pull off a Sidereal (or really any other Celestial Exalt in general) killing and replacing a NPC Ally without it feeling like immense bullshit when it is revealed?
>>
>>47566119
Well supposedly the base charms will be similar and then get flavored by deathlord charms. Socialize would probably either be lover or silver prince
>>
>>47566574
Also now that I think about it, it's probably impossible for a Sid to do that thanks to their memory wiping shit they can't turn off. They'd have to hire someone else to do that.
>>
>>47566610
Resplendent Destinies are a thing.
>>
>>47566638
I thought resplendent destinies only let you assume general identities, not specific ones.
>>
>>47566610
It's really more a Lunar thing.

>>47566655
They do, but they also turn off the "memory wiping shit". Sidereals under the influence of an RD can be interacted with like normal people.
>>
>>47566723
The question was if a Sid could kill and replace an NPC ally. Which they can't do with a resplendency alone, since that would require adopting a specific identity.
>>
>>47566751

And the "Resplendent Destinies are a thing" comment was in reply to the "impossible to do due to memory wiping shit" comment, not the post about replacing an individual.
>>
>>47566574
by making him a lunar with the appropriate knacks?
>>
>>47549287
I have no idea what that is.
>>
>>47558342
Does she have hooves instead of feet?
>>
>>47567339
Wyld mutation, mommy or daddy was a Lunar/beastman, mommy or daddy was a god of cattle/goats/whatever.

Pick yer poison.
>>
File: Holdenandmorkareliars.png (86 KB, 1891x952) Image search: [Google]
Holdenandmorkareliars.png
86 KB, 1891x952
>>47549287
>>
>>47567395
Not sure how this relates to Holden and Morke being liars, but OK.
>>
>>47567427
Never forget
>>
>>47567339
>tao symbol

Chinese foot binding probably.
>>
File: GodboundBeta1.5_Deluxe.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
GodboundBeta1.5_Deluxe.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47557371
I've got the 1.5 Beta, the latest update is 1.8 though.
>>
>>47567849
>>47557371
Don't bother, it's all right here.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4qCWY8UnLrcRGxjSmFqSWEyMk0
>>
>>47559155
>I would need a bureocratic persona
That can also just be your main self, of course.
>>
>>47564518
>So yes, you can learn to become immune to poison while being drugged unconscious.
...after a number of times to cumulatively add up to (Ability minimum) or (Ability minimum + Essence minimum) days, that is, depending on whether or not it's Favored.

You can have unorthodox practice count as training, but there's still a minimum training time.
>>
File: 1453686396252.jpg (69 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1453686396252.jpg
69 KB, 707x1000
>>47567339
They're probably those platform shoes with a sole smaller than the foot.
>>
File: saber.png (72 KB, 217x219) Image search: [Google]
saber.png
72 KB, 217x219
Didn't somebody stat out Excalibur for ex3?
>>
>>47568585
No, and also fuck off with fateshit.
>>
>>47568585
Yeah but I think it was dropped from the google drive for some reason.

>>47568655
fuck you fate/can stay
>>
>>47568585
I'd be surprised if someone didn't since everyone who plays Exalted has a raging Fate boner
>>
>>47568685
I don't
>>
So, I keep hearing that Sailing technology in Creation is pretty damn backwards when it comes to non-First Age vessels, so I just want to get a general idea of what Century would be the best way to compare Creation to.

Like, Triremes and those classical vessels seem to be littered everywhere, but some of the official art, like the front of Compass: West or certain pages of Savages Seas suggests that Junks and possibly Carracks are fairly common too, bringing non-backwater sailing tech to around the 15th century in terms of development.

Is it safe to say that sailing tech is definitely pre-Golden Age of Sail level, but at least on par with the 1400s or so?
>>
>>47568685
>everyone who plays Exalted has a raging Fate boner
I find the Fate series intolerable shit, and the thousand requests that Exalted General has received to stat something Fate-related has only made me dislike it even more over the years.
>>
>>47568715
>Junks
>15th century
Anyway, they definitely have some early sailing vessels. Bluewater vessels are extremely limited, and you're not going to be seeing some of the great speeds that you saw some sailing vessels reach during the Age of Sail. Oarships are still the dominant form of vessel in most places, but ships that use sails aren't unknown or shockingly advanced.
>>
>>47568746
>>Junks
>>15th century

That was more to say that the presence of Carracks indicates around 15th century tech, rather than junks being that far up.

But alright, the rest of your post is fair.
>>
>>47568715
The basic principles of the Trireme were used to great effect well into the 17th century.

The Battle of Lepanto in 1571 that shattered the Ottoman Navy was fought by oar-powered galleys
>>
>>47568715

Later then that. A lot of the sail types Savage Seas goes over are more advanced sail types that lasted from the First Age.

>>47568746

What? Most ships have sails with oar supplements for combat because apparently the only way to fight is to ram.
>>
>>47547945
If I want to play a Twilight who specializes in summons, what do I need?
>>
>>47568685
Third anon confirming Fate for dumb as fuck. It's literally D&D 3.5 the anime, complete with deliberately unbalanced classes and people who do wizard shit being better than everyone else.

I once played a game with a guy who made literally Archer as a Solar. It was UNBELIEVABLE cringe. None of them are any different. I've always had a blanket policy ban on people drawing enough inspiration from anime or other sources that I can TELL, but that wasn't my game, and it fucking sucked.
>>
>>47568777
>apparently the only way to fight is to ram
For the overwhelming majority of human naval history, ship to ship combat was fought primarily through ramming, through boarding actions, or through setting the other ship on fire with burning arrows or other projectiles.

So yes, that is the main way to fight. That and boarding, flame weapons, flaming arrows, and catapults that launch flaming debris.
>>
>>47568779
Uh, Demon of the First Circle. And...Survival, I guess? And you might as well Supernal Occult for a familiar of your own design, and try to convince your ST to let you have a raksha cataphract at Essence 2.

They shouldn't, but you can try.
>>
>>47568779
Demon of the First Circle and as many Survival Familiar charms as you can qualify for.
>>
>>47568779
A backstory that says you've been Exalted and known Demon of the First Circle for long enough that you can begin play with an army already summoned.
>>
>>47568779
Just the spell, nothing else. Summon X is OP
>>
>>47568779
If you want to go the demon-spam route, then Sorcery, Summon Demon, then I'd probably go Occult supernal for All Souls Benediction, to let you insta-summon your army with full motes. You'd also want War charms.

Alternatively, if you're going to focus on a single summon instead, Survival and Ride charms. You could also go Occult Supernal for Ephemeral Induction Technique to get a custom-built critter for you to ride around on.
>>
>>47568117
>...after a number of times to cumulatively add up to (Ability minimum) or (Ability minimum + Essence minimum) days, that is, depending on whether or not it's Favored.
>You can have unorthodox practice count as training, but there's still a minimum training time.
Of course, though it'll be a bit quicker than that since training time is no longer limited to 8 hours per day.
>>
File: Dawn Caste Fashion 01.jpg (471 KB, 1148x800) Image search: [Google]
Dawn Caste Fashion 01.jpg
471 KB, 1148x800
No. Don't let it die.
>>
>>47568779
i wanna be the very best, like noone ever was
>>
>>47556066
my st played it as them being largely dormant unless dredged up at low dots, more of a constant problem at very high ratings>>47555368
what he said. if it isn't worth showing your anima to win don't. what are the stakes here?
>>
>>47567395
>>47567427
This actually explains the whole 'Holden and Morke are liars thing', he's a Godbound shill.
>>
>>47557709
think there was somebody on here working on one last week, looking for a full list from all the books
>>
>>47558268
and equal emphasis on how retarded that poster was
>>
>>47573134
He's not the only one saying it.
>>
>>47573222
This is 4chan, if something is said enough times people will say it just to fit in.
>>
>>47549352
>I don't think elemental identity is heritable in 3e.

It's just not mentioned, which doesn't tell us anything. If it is heritable, that'll be a matter for What Fire Has Wrought.
>>
>>47549352
>I don't think elemental identity is heritable in 3e.
It almost definitely is, or else Houses wouldn't have elemental associations anymore, which would be a silly discarding of a useful motif.
>>
>>47573400
Not a single one of the House descriptions in the core mentions an Aspect.
>>
>>47573174
(not that they aren't liars, that the 'reaction faces' thing are fucking retarded)
>>
>>47573429
It still seems unlikely to me that something like that would be completely removed.
>>
>>47573260

>What Fire Has Wrought

But waiting for 2021 for answers sucks.
>>
best anima power?
>>
>>47575261
Night Caste's 2m mute anima, which makes them the best at social.
>>
>>47575092

You exaggerate. Ex3 was originally announced for 2012 and came out 2016. Fire Has Wrought A Drought will be out by 2020 at this rate.
>>
>>47575292
Most social charms are already mute. Besides which, you can just spend 4m peripheral without flaring.
>>
>>47575421
Full excellency though.
>>
>>47575529
Personal motes though.
>>
>>47575545
What if I want to do it more than twice?
>>
>>47575572
Then you're a terrible Solar and you should feel terrible for not making everyone give you their lives in two rolls already.
>>
>>47575572
Then do so? You have Harmonious Presence Meditation right?
>>
>>47575292
Night's single useful power is the best bread and butter of all castes, but not as immense as the other more interesting castes'.
>>
>>47575609
>>47575627
It takes like five rolls to get somebody a Defining Intimacy for me. That or fucking them.
>>
>>47565452
Yeah, looking at this in all fairness, Exalted has a marked upswing in quality correlating with his involvement with it.

Of course some wanker is gonna argue that morke and Holden are liars incapable of making anything that isn't a steaming pile of man eating Shit, but nothing would convince them anyway.
>>
>>47575649
Harmonious Presence Meditation and Tiger's Dread Symmetry give you a persistent +4 dice, combine that with Listener-Swaying Argument and you basically never have to full excellency.
>>
>>47575746
Actual quality of the product is ok, everyone is just angry because of the delay and the lies.

And the editing.
>>
>>47575746
Exalted with Holden is better than Exalted before Holden.
This doesn't mean there aren't better writers, and it doesn't mean that Holden stopped being an asshole or stopped lying.
>>
>>47575761
Being the best at social also incorporates not lighting up like a Christmas tree every fight and signalling everyone in a three mile radius that there's an Anathema here.
>>
>>47575795
Yes? Which those charms help you do.
>>
>>47575828
None of those Charms help me in a fight unless I'm spamming Demon-Wracking Shout or something.
>>
How would you people feel about a rule that made you have a level of anima flaring for each 5m of active sustained charms until you deactivate them?
>>
>>47575863

What happens when you use charms that cost Anima levels to use?
>>
>>47575863
It would be bad, as the Charms are costed based on the assumption that this is NOT true.
>>
>>47575888
I... didn't think of that.
>>
>>47575261
>best anima power?
Anything that adds an actual, useful unique function, instead of a numerical bonus or something too niche to ever see much use.

The Night power to mute their anima? The Dawn power to intimidate fearless things? The Eclipse diplomatic immunity and oath binding? The Twilight power to bind elementals and demons as familiars?

These are the good anima powers - the ones that make you want to play as a member of that caste not because of their Ability list but to actually be specifically of that caste.

The Night bonus to Stealth, the Twilight Hardness, the Zenith corpse-burning, the Eclipse ability to learn 3e's shitty Eclipse keyword charms?

Those are the bad kind of anima powers. They're effective but boring, or hilariously niche, or just plain shit.

All things considered, I'd say that Dawn, Night, and Eclipse have the best anima powers, to the point that the only reason I'd ever consider playing a Zenith or Twilight is if I wanted to Supernal one of their exclusive Abilities.
>>
>>47575863
>How would you people feel about a rule that made you have a level of anima flaring for each 5m of active sustained charms until you deactivate them?
That would be fucking awful, and would make sustained charms the actual worst thing ever.
>>
>>47575795
No, being the best at social is all about being the best at social situations. Not flaring when going all out in fight is nice, but it's neither sufficient nor necessary for being the best at social.
>>
>>47565452
Yeah, I lol'd at the short list that apparently he's pushing now (you do realize he edited his own entry, right? -- par for the course with Holden "Control Freak" Shearer).

He's maybe 50-50. Maybe.
>>
>>47576512
It's necessary, because you are Anathema and everyone hates and fears you if they know what you are.
>>
File: putinwink.jpg (41 KB, 630x590) Image search: [Google]
putinwink.jpg
41 KB, 630x590
>>47568685
No, thanks.
>>
File: socialcombat.jpg (105 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
socialcombat.jpg
105 KB, 750x600
>>47575784
I'm a little bit annoyed that the actual quality of the product is merely "ok." Or has it has infamously been characterized "cutting edge for 1998."

I feel like I was promised a modern out-take on Exalted. Sort of like the treatment Scion appears to be getting by Neall's team. Instead I get something so utterly milquetoast that the only thing outrageous about it is the lies the developers kept dropping on paying customers. It's so ridiculous you have the other Onyx Path developers openly mocking Holden and Morke on the OPP forums.
>>
>>47576610
imagine stretching this hard
>>
>>47576610
I agree, but just bitching all the time won't solve anything.
We're better off reminding people to never ever buy their (this teams') products, and the reasoning thereof.
>>
>>47575792

>Exalted with Holden is better than Exalted before Holden.

No it wasn't. Everything past Infernals has been shit.
>>
>>47575261
I like twilight, kinda wanted it on my dawn for convienence
>>
>>47576610
>It's so ridiculous you have the other Onyx Path developers openly mocking Holden and Morke on the OPP forums.
Links? That sounds amusing.
>>
>>47576689
Wow, look at those shitty opinions.
>>
>>47576689
Ehhh. Several of the shittiest Scrolls were after Infernals (heroes lololol), but Manual:Alchemicals was also after Infernals and it was pretty good.
>>
Why can you buy exalted only online?
>>
>>47576683
I, for one, intend to buy future Exalted supplements, assuming the devs manage to get any out. Reasoning: I'm pretty satisified with 3E and want more of it.
>>
>>47576789
Because printing is expensive and it isn't popular enough.
>>
>>47576793
I intend not to. Reasoning: I personally loathe Holden and want him to starve on the streets.
>>
>>47576818
Right, but since Holden doesn't actually make his living from writing Exalted, that is not going to happen by not buying Exalted.
>>
File: muh silmarils.jpg (51 KB, 700x440) Image search: [Google]
muh silmarils.jpg
51 KB, 700x440
How would one go about making something like a Silmaril?
>The Silmarils (Quenya pl. Silmarilli, radiance of pure light) are three fictional brilliant jewels composed of the unmarred light of the Two Trees in J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium. The Silmarils were made out of the crystalline substance silima by Fëanor, a Noldorin Elf, in Valinor during the Years of the Trees.

>Even the Valar, including Aulë, master of craftsmanship, could not copy them. In fact, even Fëanor may not have been able to copy them as part of his essence went into their making. Their worth, in Tolkien's universe, was very great, even to the Valar, as they were unique and irreplaceable. The Silmarils themselves are said to produce their own light, which comes from the Two Trees, but also to reflect the light of any other lights that come near them.

>The Silmarils were hallowed by Varda, so that they would burn the hands of any evil creature or mortal who touched them without justly deserving possession.

>According to a prophecy of Mandos, following Melkor's final return and defeat in the Dagor Dagorath (Battle of Battles), the world will be changed and the Silmarils will be recovered by the Valar. Then Fëanor will be released from the Halls of Mandos and give Yavanna the Silmarils and she will break them and with their light she will revive the Two Trees, the Pelóri Mountains will be flattened and the light of the Two Trees will fill the world in eternal bliss

The Two Trees are the predecessors of the Sun and Moon, which are a fruit and a flower of the trees respectively
>>
>>47576873
It's the first step.
>>
>>47576873
>>47576896
For me it's less of a personal vendetta and more of a small way to get different people to make future products.
>>
>>47576808
Exalted is less popular than fantasy age?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.