[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How difficult would it be to erase a game from existence?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
How difficult would it be to erase a game from existence?
>>
File: smuug.jpg (7 KB, 250x230) Image search: [Google]
smuug.jpg
7 KB, 250x230
>>47547320
Someone's salty about d&d
>>
>>47547320
In this day and age? Outright impossible.
>>
>>47547320
Now? Near impossible.
>>
>>47547320
Hi Mike Mearls.
>>
>>47547359
>>47547361
You also have no guarantee that someone down the line won't independently recreate either the game or, more likely, a close approximation of it.
>>
>>47547320
Depends on the setting
>>
>>47547320
Judging by WHFB's stubborn refusal to die, not very easy.
>>
>>47547320
I know I'm going to regret asking this, but, why?
>>
>>47547320
Hold on, by game do you mean a game system, or an individual game session?
I.E. do you mean "I want to erase Shadowrun." or "I want to erase my friend's Shadowrun game."?
>>
>>47547320
Depends on how well established the game is and what the game is like; But if it's on the internet and people know about it, then it's practically impossible, at least without some sort of a cataclysm.
>>
>>47547320

Copyright claiming is probably the best way to do it, assuming you're wealthy enough to just throw money into courts with no expected return.

Say your target is Vampire The Masquerade. Purchase a vampire IP that predates it and then claim Vampire is infringing on that IP and demand all references be taken down. Throw money, make noise, hold hearings, drain the publisher's finances until their options are either to comply with your demands or become destitute. Do this in as many courts as you can in all the nations the product is published, distributed and sold, to maximise the expense to the publisher.
>>
>>47548135
But again, literally impossible with the internet, since people will keep posting it on there.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.