[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: Skullgrinder vs Mournfang.jpg (323 KB, 1536x1038) Image search: [Google]
Skullgrinder vs Mournfang.jpg
323 KB, 1536x1038
>resources
pastebin.com/swTRwYq3

How to beat ogors edition

Thundertusk, the ultimate hero killer; ironguts, best infantry; leadbelcher... the list go on.

Old thread
>>47506866
>>
first for president kroak
>>
File: Symbol of Malal.jpg (108 KB, 900x886) Image search: [Google]
Symbol of Malal.jpg
108 KB, 900x886
Has there been any thought or work put into trying to bring the concept of Malal into Age of Sigmar?
> https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Malal
Sets of Homebrew rules have been made for 40k and WHFB, so I've been wondering if it's possible to create a version of AoS rules for his fanmade units or hell, maybe even create new units to fit into AoS's lore.
> https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Malal_Daemonkin
>>
File: CjwMtREUUAE1EJR.jpg (53 KB, 600x687) Image search: [Google]
CjwMtREUUAE1EJR.jpg
53 KB, 600x687
>>47544747

Reminder that the following posts are shitposts:

>Hi, I'm getting back into the game after a 10 year hiatus and I'm wondering what happened to Fantasy

>Hi, I'm getting back into the game and I'm wondering what happened to the Tomb Kings/Bretonnians
>>
>>47545177
What did happen to the Tomb Kings/Bretonnians?
>>
>>47545158
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/comments/48s89n/knights_of_malal/

Sorry for the leddit link but I saw this today
>>
>>47544747
Question: Hexwraiths or black knights?
>>
>>47545275

whichever the narrative calls for
>>
>>47545275
>Hexwraiths or black knights
Hammer or anvil?
>>
>>47545229
Thanks for the link anon, those are some cool looking converted/kitbashed knights.
>>
>>47545158
Malal is forever shit.
>>
>>47545319
And people think Age of Sigmar is shit, so the two should go hand in hand.
>>
>>47545361
No, Age is an evolution, Malal is a cast off useless prehistoric organ.
>>
>>47545177
>shitposts about shitposts

The cycle is complete.
>>
>>47545380
>Age is an evolution
If only more people thought like this so we could avoid all the shit-posts.
Anyways, then the concept of Malal can evolve too with the inclusion of fanmade rules.
>>
>>47545471
>the concept of Malal can evolve too

It did, into non-existence.
it was bad enough in Fantasy, but Age is unsullied by the stink of the worst god and it should be kept that way.
>>
>>47545275
Hexwraiths looks cooler so I vote Hexwraiths
>>
How many models am I expecting units to have in them? Like, if you have just 10 orruk brutes, you've got a boatload of attacks, but can still get wrecked in one turn to another 10-model unit of guys.
>>
>>47545177
>asking questions is shitposting
>>
>>47546191
Asking questions is not shitposting, but generally when someone asks those exact above questions, they turn out to be just shitposters trolling us. Occasionally they are genuine, but most of the time it turns into an 'guaranteed replies' string of posts.
>>
>>47546191
these are not even questions, are just bait copypasta.
>>
>>47546257
>>47546269
You guys have a lot to learn about the tangled web of shitposting, you just replied to a shitpost.
Keep your (You)s safe!
>>
>>47546458
Nice shitpost! Here's your (you).
>>
>>47546562
And here's yours.

Can we move on from this pointless argument now?
>>
File: 1464545618159.jpg (147 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1464545618159.jpg
147 KB, 500x358
Post silver tower stuff?
>>
File: custom_WHQ_cards.jpg (1 MB, 1880x2708) Image search: [Google]
custom_WHQ_cards.jpg
1 MB, 1880x2708
>>47546694
Sure. Here's my custom character sheets from the last thread.
>>
>>47546755
Is it a fun game?
>>
>>47546826
I havent played yet. I am ordering mine next month. But from what I've seen is the reception is generally positive.
>>
>>47545177
Welp guess this is a shit post then but fuck it.

So I'm bit 50/50 with AoS. And I'm not new too Warhammer, been playing for a good 7+ years now. I kinda want to play it but sadly people at my main FLGS refuse too. Found another store with a few people that actually want to play it but I kinda wanted to ask some questions to kind of figure things out

1: are orks any good? Not even from a super competitive stand point, just not shit

2: so what is orks lore reason why they still exist in this new world when the old world got destroyed? Did gork and mork just say "ZOG you gitz" and just send orks into this new world to fuck with everyone?

3: this might have just been over speculation due to rage or something, but are there some rules that allow people to auto win a game after doing some d6 roll? And I don't mean like rolling after 4 so turns to see if the game continues I mean like some dumb rule that says, "roll this to auto win. Or is all that rage garbage?

4: now I dare to be a fool to ask this question on this board but fuck it. Would you, say, that this game, is... fun
>>
>>47546755
Holy fuck that cogsmith is OP
>>
>>47546881
That's the official cogsmith rules, I just reflavored it for muh dudes
>>
>>47546755
Brace of pistols rule leads to infinite loop.
should be like
>After resolving a duardin pistol action in which you have spent a hero dice, you can immediately make the same action with them without having to spend hero dice.
or
>When using a duardin pistol action, roll with 2 dice to hit. Each successful roll causes 1 wound.
>>
File: Skaven spuropestilensedit.jpg (147 KB, 902x648) Image search: [Google]
Skaven spuropestilensedit.jpg
147 KB, 902x648
>Mfw all infantry models with a save of at least 6+ cost a fuckton in the official comp because they have the potential to claim cover or shield stacking

Who else / -save master race / here?

>Captcha please click on all the popcorn
>>
>>47546962
source?
>>
>>47546879
>1
Theyre good. They have a lot of good synergy. Since there is no points or balancing system yet, the only way to gauge whether or not something is good is if it synergizes well with the rest of its army.

>2
When the mortal realms formed, they contained life similar to the ones from the old world. That includes humans and dwarfs and orcs and whatever. Nobody knows how they formed or how the mortals formed on them. That question is still unanswered. But orruks remain relatively unchanged, rampaging accross the mortal realms in search of good fights.

>3
There were a couple weird rules which nobody takes seriously and houserules. One is even argued to not really be a thing. Like the skaven screaming bell has a random table you roll 2d6 on, and the 13th option is you autowin because you cheated. Then they take that in combination with Kairos fateweaver which he allows you to choose one result on any die roll, and people argue this means you can roll a 13 on 2d6, which doesnt make any sense.

Also there are the sudden death rules which is generally agreed to be the worst way to play the game. Sudden death is if you are significantly outnumbered you can choose a single enemy unit, and if you destroy it you win. This can be easily exploited through verious means. The best way to play the game is to use battleplans, which are narrative scenarios throughout all the big books and battletomes, and they have their own victory conditions. Pitch battles with sudden death rules really are part of the bad reputation this game has.

>4
Depends on what you are looking for. If you want a super balanced and competitive ruleset, or if you are looking for the WHFB experience, you will be sorely disappointed. But if you want a freeform narrative friendly fantasy skirmish game, and kindof a return to herohammer, this may be the game for you.

In july we will be getting a points system for it from GW and a system for compettive play. So there's that.
>>
>>47547113
Sweet thanks ya git! Thanks for answering that and not treating it like a bait post. And yeah not looking for anything competitive just for fun with a small amount of ccompetitive-ness but nothing on the scale of tournaments or WAAC kinda stuff
>>
>>47547189
No problem. I could tell yours was not a bait post. Those were pretty much the same questions I wanted to know when I was looking into this (but not orks specifically).

And yes, the game is casual. That's the best way to describe it. But as with any game, it's really only worth getting iinto if there is a scene for it in your area, and the players seem like bros.
>>
>>47546826
I bought it at release and played for a couple of hours with a few friends, we had a lot of fun, took a while until we got the rules but when everything started flowing it got super fun.
>>
i played 40k when i was a child around 11 or 12, iv been waiting to get back into miniatures and was wondering is it worth going into age of sigmar. fantasy iv always like the look of, medieval with knights and goblin. im 21 now but iv seen alot of hate for this game as it is pretty much remade fantasy and has made alot of people mad.

this question is mainly for people who have played fantasy and now play sigmar, is it worth getting into as a new player also is there alot of playerbase for it.

thankyou
>>
>>47549864
I used to play fantasy and I made the switch to AoS. It's a different game with a different gamer's experience. Read my post here too >>47547113

Also there may or may not be a scene for it depending on your area. If there is, and the players seem cool, dive right in and have fun. The game is only going to get better from here on out. If there are no players and a general resounding hate amonst the local crowd, don't bother because it's not going to pick up.
>>
>>47549958
thanks, i think people just need to be patience the longer the game is out the more improvement it will get, 40k has like 7 editions now or something
>>
>>47549864
>is there a player base
No, go play X-wing if you want that. I'm having fun with it at least.

AoS is incredibly unpopular, and is really the only game where people actively dislike it. Honestly, I can't blame them, their almost 40 year old setting got killed with 'and then the world blew up and everyone died'.

AoS is a game that is practically impossible to play without drinking and pre-planned games. Pickup games are literally impossible. It's kinda like D&D storytelling, but with 2 players instead of a GM.

Really, I'm not sure if that makes AoS a board game at all. In short, it's not really a game one can get into as a player at all.
>>
>>47549993
That isn't really true. GW seems to be getting worse and worse at writing rules as the years go by and more veterans leave. 40k has been getting more bloated and sliding downhill since 5th edition. 7th was literally just a cash grab.
>>
>>47549993
>the longer the game is out the more improvement it will get
GW doesn't operate by that logic. Each edition is made to nerf what people use and buff what they don't, so they have to buy more models.
>>
Going through and rehashing my WoC. Only stuck on a few base sizes. Archaon on foot I'm planning on a 50mm round, archaon mounted on a monstrous cav 90 x 52 oval, dragon ogre shaggoth 60mm round, and Harry the hammer (normally on 60mm by 40mm) on a 60mm round. Do those sound right? Harry could be on an oval but I think it would look weird. Also any ideas on custom rules for him based on his old fantasy ones?
>>
So I was watching some games on youtube and I noticed that they kept using cover saves even in close combat. Is that how it is supposed to work?
>>
>>47550336
Yes. The caveat is when you charge, you do not benefit from cover saves. But in close combat it represents the fighters using the environment around them to their advantage.

Also they just simplified things so you use cover saves for both close combat and missile attacks. Makes it easier to remember.
>>
>>47550415
Where does it say that? I know I read it before but for the life of me I don't see it now.
>>
>>47550415
>Makes it easier to remember.
makes getting bogged down in the woods a real problem from what I saw.
>>
File: cover.jpg (52 KB, 473x254) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
52 KB, 473x254
>>47550472
bottom middle of page 4
>>
>>47550473
>bogged down in the woods
Pun intended?
>>
I'd really love to get into Age of Sigmar but seeing as I have barely any experience in WHFB and am also slightly invested in 30k where do I begin?

I was playing TW Warhammer and so I thought it was a good way to get me into this, but how do I go about it? What's this AoS all about?
>>
>>47550583
so lets say a unit is only partially in cover and are charged from their covered flank such that everyone actually fighting is in cover, but the whole unit is still not in cover, then they do not get to add 1 to their saves?
>>
File: chuckle.gif (2 MB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.gif
2 MB, 250x189
>>47550595
no, but now I get to laugh at my own joke
>>
>>47550415
Do you guys let toe-in-cover slide? RAW it should work but some people around where I play really don't like it and make every models base be fully in cover.
>>
>>47550603
AoS is what happens after Fantasy. Canonically, Chaos wins Fantasy. When Archaon comes down from the north and our Deckard Cain ripoff is screaming about the coming apocalypse? He wins. This brings about the end of the world. Age of Sigmar is what comes next, with a new world, where everything's a lot more magical and mystical and vaguely Planescapey.
>>
>>47550610
Rules say the whole unit has to be wholly in cover, so no. They do this because of how wound allocation works. If only the models in cover got the saves then you would have people do some stupid shit like have a big squad of dudes and one model inside a building and suddenly the whole unit is getting a cover bonus because the defender picks which models take the wounds. So it's either the whole unit is getting a save bonus or none at all.
>>
>>47550603
You are looking for the WHFB general. AoS is pretty distinctly not a typical wargame, as well as it in no way being the Total War setting.
>>
>>47550658
>Rules say the whole unit has to be wholly in cover, so no.
>>47550583
They can be within OR on it.
>>
>>47550678
Oh right. I forgot about the 'or on' part. Thanks.

But they also do this as part of a limiter so people feel less inclined to take massive units of a 100 models or something, so it cant get any cover saves. Taking large units has its own benefits, they dont need easy cover.
>>
File: some legends really never die.png (600 KB, 736x391) Image search: [Google]
some legends really never die.png
600 KB, 736x391
>>47545070
why do they keep doing this to me?
>>
Could I have a link to the art folder please?

The link in the op is 404.
>>
>>47552063
The OP link lacks an A in front, but:
http://ageofsigmart.booru.org
>>
>>47552422
Yay, I'm stupid!

>resources
pastebin.com/fZ8jJx6g
>>
File: CAGN.jpg (249 KB, 1600x854) Image search: [Google]
CAGN.jpg
249 KB, 1600x854
generals handbook WHEN

fucking hurry up
>>
What happens to the sigmarite armor and weapons when a Stormcast Eternal dies?

I ask because I'm planning on making an Ork StormKrump Immortulz group, with a megaboss that took one too many starmaces to the dome, and believes they're the holy warriors of Sigmork and Gorkmar.
>>
>>47553156
There was this blurb about the Yellow Orruks dudes. They paint their armor yellow to ape sigmarines, because apparently they can't loot the armor since they just phase out like necrons once they're dead or something like that.
So no looting afaik.
>>
File: Ironjawz.png (147 KB, 629x213) Image search: [Google]
Ironjawz.png
147 KB, 629x213
>>47553156
Most of it gets teleported back to Azyr. Sometimes bits of it gets left behind like the facemasks
>>
>>47553242
>>47553197

I was about to ask about the facemasks, as one of the Brute models has a face mask.

Would it be possible to amass enough for forge armor from the bits and pieces that don't get magic'd up to sigmarland?

Or should I just lore it as they learned how to produce and use goldleaf?
>>
File: Karl_kopinski_empire_militia.jpg (334 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
Karl_kopinski_empire_militia.jpg
334 KB, 1200x799
>>47545070
Is that the sort of artwork GW puts out now?
>>
>>47553270
>Would it be possible to amass enough for forge armor from the bits and pieces that don't get magic'd up to sigmarland?

I think so but I think it will be enough for one Orruk and it will be undoubtedly the Warboss.
>>
>>47553444

Works for me.

Could just say that scraps of sigmarite are strewn across the army, anyone who finds any bolts it onto their armor and doesn't tell anyone.
>>
>>47553270
It seems to me it's like everything attached to the SE when he dies, goes. If you rip off a pauldron/vambrace/mask before that, it doesn't get magic'd away. Only my theory though.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 951x643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 951x643
Since GW seems incapable of shipping the two boxes I need to finish this model, I made a first try to write a warscroll for it. The basic idea was just to take two dracoths, two riders and just sort of glue them together.

>Knights-Devastor Chariot

Move 10"
Wounds 9
Save 3+
Bravery 9

Missile Weapons
Lightning Surges 6" 2d3 3+ [---see below---]

Melee Weapons
Cyclone Poleaxes 2" 6 3+ 3+ -1 d3
Dracoths' Fangs and Claws 1" 6 3+ 3+ -1 1

Description
The Knights-Devastor Chariot is a single model. The Knights-Devastor fight from atop the combat platform of the Chariot, swinging long-hafted Cyclone Poleaxes in wide arcs, while the Dracoths pulling the chariot tear apart the foe with their Fangs and Claws in melee and breath forth violent eruptions of energy called Lightning Surges.

Abilities
Devastating Armor: The sheer mass of the Devastor Chariot is already a deadly weapon on its own. If this model has made a successful charge move every enemy unit within 1" of this model suffers d3 mortal wounds. In addition, the heavy armor of the chariot is exceedingly difficult to damage and offers excellent protection to the charioteers. This model amy re-roll failed saves of 1.

Lightning Surge: Some Dracoths, trained for line breaking, spit a crackling torrent at enemies that come too close. When a unit is hit by a Lightning Surge, do not make a wound roll; instead, the unit suffers a mortal wound, or two mortal wounds if it is within 3" of the attacking model.

Intolerable Damage: If the wound roll for a Dracoth’s Claws and Fangs is 6 or more, then that attack causes D6 Damage rather than 1.

Tags
Order, Human, Celestial, Stormcast Eternal, Hero, Knights-Devastor

Opinions?
>>
>>47554027
what do you need to finish it? looks great.
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 1077x808) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 1077x808
>>47554133
The main missing bit is the thunderhead axe from the dracothian guard kit for the head of the left Knight's polearm. Otherwise it's mostly odds and ends to fluff up the chariot a little more, as it looks quite boring from behind.
>>
>>47554027
I love the look of this so far. What Stormhost are you gonna paint this? Or are you going to do custom colours?
>>
>>47553346
No, that's above par for AoS
>>
>>47554027
Seems a bit too good imo. Too many attacks, all hitting very easily and doing a shit ton of damage.

You could pretty much wipe out almost anything in the game with one charge if you roll well enough.
>>
>>47554396
Agreed. That'd be a lot of damage on the charge.
The riders' attacks are probably the thing to tackle there. Knocking them down to 4 and reducing the to-hit to 4+ would be a start.
On the other hand, one Dracoth has three attacks, it makes sense two would have six. Same goes for the breath weapons.
Also, the pseudo-impact hits could also go. With the lightning barf the ting already deals a lot of mortal wounds. Maybe the impact could instead reduce Bravery for a turn instead? Or make the axes Damage 1 and give them +1 Damage on the charge.
>>
>>47554027

Why bravery 9? Is one of the crew a Lord Celestant? Should be bravery 7 otherwise.
>>
>>47553156
Why not the other way round - krumpstorm? Doesn't that sound better?
>>
>>47554722
Well, they're meant to be Knight-tier heroes, as the name and the keyword implies, and all stormcast heroes (bar the Heraldor for some inexplicable reason) are Bravery 9. Not that it really matters outside a tiny number of spells, anyway.
>>47554355
They'lll be part of my own stormhost, so custom colors.
>>47554396
>>47554489
You're probably right. I'll reduce the damage of the poleaxes and remove the mortal wound charge.
That said, I feel like the chariot on the whole should at least be comparable to a pair of Dracothian Guard, otherwise it'd be pointless. Possibly even a little better since it has the classic 'huge guts' problem to deal with.
>>
>>47552518
When's it scheduled for release?
>>
>>47545070
>lizardmen
>in snow settings

inb4 dey daemons nao
>>
File: liz8.png (3 MB, 1090x1074) Image search: [Google]
liz8.png
3 MB, 1090x1074
>>47553346
>>47554390
The entire Seraphon book was terrible bar the slann pics.

Also, why are you even here if you don't like the game? Or have you been infected by /v/ and have to scream 'stop liking what I don't like'?

>>47555246
You do realise the Lizardmen invaded Naggaroth more than once in WHFB, right?
>>
>GW admit they made a major mistake with AoS launch

Lol. Yet you fags keep pretending AoS is good. Fucking pathetic. You killed this setting. Keep supporting Jew Workshop.
>>
>>47555322
>You do realise the Lizardmen invaded Naggaroth more than once in WHFB, right?
>what is summer?
>>
>>47555346
If you say so, it doesn't mention the period they went in and I doubt they care.
>>
>>47550725
after about 30 models the game gets really long. even if you bring a few big monsters. thats why there are rules from gw for games that big. each player has 30 models and then you count wounds. they player with less wounds gets extra objectives to complete which are worth points, who ever has more points at the end of turn 4 or 1hour 30 minutes, wins. i have won a few games by having less wounds and 3 extra objectives. i forget the name of the battle plan or whatever its called, it came out a few months ago
>>
File: Danny GG.png (129 KB, 707x493) Image search: [Google]
Danny GG.png
129 KB, 707x493
>>47555322
Have YOU been infected by /v/ or just 4chans retarded hive mind in general?

>yfw it is possible to have a mixture of opinions regarding a topic.

I enjoy the game, yet find a lot of the artwork to be terrible, this is a common opinion, but even if it wasn't it's still my own thoughts. Yet according to you i shouldn't post here.

Fuck off with your idiotic black and white mentality, not everyone is happy to just blindly eat shit as you are.
>>
File: Skaven age of slam.jpg (371 KB, 1600x860) Image search: [Google]
Skaven age of slam.jpg
371 KB, 1600x860
>>47555331
>>47551192
Slam resurgence soon?
>I will never finish this sketch
>>
>>47555246
salamanders and solar engines

lizardbros can keep themselves nice and toasty wherever they go
>>
>>47555586
Now I'm just imagining them sitting on a patio with a space heater
>>
>>47546962
>shield stacking

what
>>
>>47555657
Mystic Shield
>>
>>47555657
>>47555679
To elaborate more, RAW you can stack multiple mystic shields and reduce your save by 1 each time. However, you can't give a unit with no save a save, so you can only stack mystic shields/have cover saves on units with at least a 6+
>>
>>47555679
>>47555691

Oh right. For some reason I thought there was some loophole about attaching more physical shields to your models giving them more save bonuses.
>>
>>47555691
It's not just RAW, it is an intended game mechanic. They clarified that it was an intentional functionality in the FAQ.
>>
>>47555733
Won't be truly official until it's in the general's handbook though.

Also fuck me does it not just feel like an exploit purely for the fact that being allowed to stack up mystic shields on the same unit is stupid and broken?

Thankfully my lgs houseruled against it so i can't complain too much.
>>
>>47555784
It's fine, mortal wounds and rend exist to counterbalance it. You can also unbind.

The bigger problem is that a 1+ is an automatic pass. We house rule that a result of 1 is always a failure and mystic shield stacking is not an issue for us.
>>
>>47555901
>The bigger problem is that a 1+ is an automatic pass. We house rule that a result of 1 is always a failure and mystic shield stacking is not an issue for us.
I wonder if this will be the case in the general's handbook too. That would be pretty good desu
>>
>>47555784
Eh, it isn't really anything *that* broken. Anyone trying to stack multiple Mystic Shields has to commit quite a few resources to buffing ONE unit that's still going to get clobbered by mortal wounds, is prone to being led around by the nose and will probably loose its support in short order.
That said, we too have houseruled that Mystic Shield and its ilk just grant Cover to the unit.
>>
File: 1402743643739.jpg (22 KB, 284x403) Image search: [Google]
1402743643739.jpg
22 KB, 284x403
>>47544747
>How to beat ogors edition

You can't, don't play against them or insist on a 20-30 wound advantage.
>>
>>47551192
It's a Slann dunk.
>>
>>47555650
that's the intended purpose of the solar engine, actually

it wasn't until later that they decided to slap it on the turtles and use it as a laser beam
>>
>>47545275
again, Anon?

okay, the dmg output is higher with hexwraiths. the black knight charge thing is good, but not that good. the black knights lost their 'skeletal steed' special rule. so now you can reduce it all to "damage" vs. "regenerating standard".
>>
Hold the fuck on. The undead can become Stormcasts if Sigmar chooses them? I can have an undead sigmarine army?
>>
>>47557555
>undead can become

The closest is a necromancer apprentice, and noble of Shyish that work under Nagash, no sure he is undead(vampire) or not.
>>
>>47557602
Dammit. I wanted some good fluff for black armored skull headed dudes
>>
>>47555715

They learned that that's not a smart play back in Gorkamorka, and later with TLoS where people modelled their models at the edge of the base with their guns sticking WAY out over it to get a range bonus by firing from the end of their guns.
>>
remove sigmarines
>>
>>47555784
Unless you're using really shitty mages, you'd probably be better off using your mage to cast a unique spell anyway.
>>
>>47557914
They're called tripfags. Lurk more.
>>
Back on the subject of headswaps, for this Forgesworn Eternal, the quest never ends.

Along with the usual irondrake headswap, I also added horns to the helmet to show rank, swapped the weapon, gave him a new belt buckle, and added a rune enchantment to the shield.
>>
>>47545070

>ppl unironically posting pics of this quality
>>
>>47558715
You're late for the 10am shitpost
>>
Is there a mega link for the new books? I'm wanting to read through Chaos and Death. The other two are probably worth a read too (Destruction and Order iirc)
>>
>>47558851
No one scanned those. :(
>>
Does anyone have a PDF of Balance of Power? I can't get the epub to read properly. Or any tips for a good reader for phones?
>>
>>47559700
It's in one of the megas in the pastebin. That's where I got mine
>>
File: 1464782590130.png (2 MB, 1090x1074) Image search: [Google]
1464782590130.png
2 MB, 1090x1074
>>47545070
>>47558715
>>47556362
>>47555539
>>47555322
So with infinite Warhammer Realities and there being a Football one is a basketball reality all that far fetched?
>>
File: Slam Mage Priest.jpg (199 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
Slam Mage Priest.jpg
199 KB, 500x358
>>47560031
Also have a blank for Silver Tower
>>
>>47560031
I thinking that with the new melee range rules for AoS a basketball version of bloodbowl could be very fun
>>
sup, going for a small skirmish campaign tomorrow
Wanted to bring my Stormcasts, the players there tends to be pretty competitive. Wanted to know your toughts!
Those are the restrictions:
Only one named character
minimum 4 models
Max model n. per unit: 1
no monsters, no warmachines
20 wounds cap

I was thinking to bring:
-1 celestant prime(8)
-1 fulminator(5)
-1 prosecutor(prime)(2)
-and I was torn between a lord relictor and another dracoth. Dracoth is EXTRA killy, but the relictor can heal my dudes, wich is extremely useful to keep the prime7dracoth alive. Toughts?
>>
>>47561577
At 20 wounds a pair of dracoths would punch through entire units before much can happen to them.
Honestly, I'd just field two Fulminators and two Tempestors (Lightning Echolon) and watch my opponent shit a brick. But a Celestant Prime is fine, too.
>>
>>47561901
so far i only have 2 dracoths, so I guess double fulminator it is!
the orime..well, I just love that model too much. It can be great to snipe any ranged model hiding in the back of the table.
>>
>>47561959
In smaller games the Celestant-Prime is amazingly versatile, but in larger game he tends to be relegated to nuking duty pretty fast.
Not that he's bad at it, but he's basically just a supersize-Knight-Venator, i.e. a glorified artillery piece.
>>
Reposting from another thread that referred me here:

So, me and my fiance are looking to get into tabletops, and I've really been enjoying Total Warhammer lately. Would picking up an AoS starter box be good enough for us both to play?
What do we really need to get started?
Is AoS even worth playing? I've heard mixed opinions.

Also, reading more into it, I see a lot of miniature work is required. As someone who isn't artistically inclined, how difficult is it to properly paint and build the models?

Also, do the dwarves have a grudge system? If so, that'd be great fun.

Thanks for any answers.
>>
>>47550187
Then explain why 75% of silver tower scrolls are shit
>>
>>47562104
>Would picking up an AoS starter box be good enough for us both to play?
Almost certainly, it's really all you need and is good value - however if you don't like Khorne or Sigmarines then you might not get much out of it, and it might be better to get a starter set.

>What do we really need to get started?

The rules are free online, so really you just need some models.

>Is AoS even worth playing? I've heard mixed opinions.
I personally think it's really fun, especially in smaller games. It has a surprising amount of depth and strategy, and is way cheaper than WHFB to get into.

>Also, reading more into it, I see a lot of miniature work is required. As someone who isn't artistically inclined, how difficult is it to properly paint and build the models?

Building the models is easyish, painting is as hard as you wanna make it. Generally just painting models in 3 colours is enough to make them look reasonable on the tabletop, but you might get super into it (like I did) and spend forever on it. Basic colour schemes aren't hard if you thin your paints etc... There's a whole bunch of resources on the internet, Warhammer TV is a good one.

>Also, do the dwarves have a grudge system? If so, that'd be great fun.
Unfortunately not, I wish there were rules that applied to every model in a subfaction as it would really add some flavor. There might be some units which have some kind of grudge mechanic but apart from that I dunno
>>
>>47552518
Indeed they should have beta the points before print
>>
>>47562233
>a starter set.
Start collecting*
>>
>>47545275
depends on how many if 10 or less then hexwraiths if more knights
>>
>>47562104
I swear, the amount of people coming into these threads from TW...
Well, the AoS starter is considered good value and has two very decent forces without too many complicated or involved rules in it. If you're looking to get into AoS it's probably the best way to go about it.
That said, I feel the need to point out that AoS is *not* Warhammer Fantasy. It plays differently, has a different feel to it and adhers to a radically different ruleset. So, for the sake of honesty, I would also refer you to take a look at >>47540814 for comparison.
Building and painting models, let alone doing it well is a fairly involved affair, but the basics can be picked up reasonably quickly, assuming you're not pure butterfingers.
There is a sort of miniscule grudge system in the game on one character, but it's at best vestigal and barely ever comes into play. But it'd be easy to just work out something like that for yourself. AoS is open enough for that to be done in short order, and most players are cool with such homebrew stuff.
>>
>>47555733
Which is dumb I'm rather give cover saves to - then have mystic shield stack
>>
>>47562104
First off, Age of Sigmar isn't the same setting as that of Total War. The tabletop game for that setting is dead, and was replaced with AoS, which is technically the continuation of the setting, but different.

Second, make sure there is a scene of the game in your local area. If nobody plays AoS in your area, then you might want to look into something else. If there is, then talk to them and have them demo you a couple games and stuff.

Building and painting models doesnt necessarily take someone who is artistically inclined, but someone who is hobby inclined. A large part of this game is the hobby, and the other portion is actually playing. The models arent that difficult to assemble, just needing some clippers, glue, and a blade (like a good xacto knife).

The dwarfs you know, which are now called the Dispossessed still play similar, in that they are durable slow and carry a lot of firepower. There is a grudges system, sort of, but like the rest of the game it is very simplified.
>>
>>47557914
Remove sigmarine helmets
>>
>>47562104
To add to what others are saying, generally grudges on the tabletop will be things you come up with yourself. Like, you general ("Lord") gets killed by a certain unit, maybe you want to get revenge on that unit. That sort of thing. It all adds to the fun, these little rivalries that can build up (it's not uncommon for people to model banners etc. to represent tabletop events).
>>
I was rolling up Path to Glory war bands the other day and got:

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount
Sorcerer Lord
Chimera
3 x 10 warhounds

would this be any use whatsoever?
>>
So, with getting started with AoS, where can I find Dwarven models? Just use old ones, or have they released ones for this new edition?
>>
>>47562662
Warhounds are gash, lord on daemonic mount is pretty good except you can't use command ability. If you can mark the Lord as Tzeentch he basically becomes unkillable. The Sorceror Lord is quite a good support unit, Chimera is pretty strong. It's a decent list
>>
>>47562759
>So, with getting started with AoS, where can I find Dwarven models? Just use old ones, or have they released ones for this new edition?

There are quite a lot on the site under FyreSlayers and Dispossessed
>>
>>47562759
The new dwarf models they released lately are called the fyreslayers, which is a sort of a slayer themed dwarf army.

The classic dwarfs are still a thing, they are just listed under Dispossessed and Ironweld Arsenal under the Order grand alliance in the webstore. There are rules for all the old models.
>>
>>47562662
Put the sorc on a horse and you'd have a fast, agressive force. Most of the hitting power would come from the Lord and the Chimera, both buffed by the Sorcerer, while the hounds gum up the opponent until you can wheel one of your heavy hitters around.
It's not ideal and you lack a sensible Command Trait, but it could work.
>>
>>47558112
That fucking axe!
Love it! Everything but the Sigmasks makes these models amazing!
>>
File: 01.jpg (77 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
77 KB, 873x627
>>47562984
That's the axe from the old guard in the longbeard kit. The great thing about making the forgesworn eternals is the literal plethora of extra bits I have in sorting trays from doing my dwarf army back in the day.
>>
>>47544747
hey, that's quite a nice art

>that re-sized giant on the left so he could be used as an ogor
>that litteral copy/paste of the back of the stonehorn box for the hunter

nevermind
>>
Silver Tower question... when the Gaunt summoner appears, my group are killing him the first turn every turn.

Are we doing something wrong here? We just slapped his shit across four different board tiles before we ran out of time. He never got to hit us even once.
>>
>>47545196
>shitposting
>>
>>47563296
I too have been having this problem it was super underwhelming when we got the unexpected event Orgoid and one rounded him.
>>
Anyone have a HD/HQ scan of the tiles in Silver Tower? Want to use them for bases for the minis.
>>
>>47564265
The Ogroid has essentially 18 wounds and has a pseudo-Feel No Pain. How could you take him down in one round?
>>
>>47564568
I haven't found one, but I will be planning on ordering my copy here tomorrow, once i get it in I plan on scanning the books and tiles.
>>
So, where can I get a miniature of the High King Grudgebearer? Not seeing it on the website.
>>
>>47564684
It's a discontinued mini.

so ebay would be your best bet or some sort of warhammer BST facebook group or something
>>
>>47564606
He heals a wound at the start of the adversary phase which he never survived to and from unexpected event 66 it says that he's auto enraged as though he suffered 9 wounds, we interpreted that as he can't double enrage and heal back up to 9 wounds again (he has 9 wounds and heals back up to 9 normally, he doesn't have 18 wounds base) other than that our party was Questor, Darkoath, Doomseeker, and Warpriest. We literally gave him the Rodney King treatment as soon as he spawned.
>>
>>47564762
>he has 9 wounds and heals back up to 9 normally, he doesn't have 18 wounds base
Yes, I know, that's where the "essentially" comes into play.

I still don't see how you did that much damage in one round, though. Did you just get a lot of good rolls? And are you just counting the fight with the Ogroid itself, or his henchmen too?
>>
>>47564807
It was right after The Respite phase we rolled our destiny dice, got UE 66, spawned Orgoid, then between the 4 of us kicked his teeth in. It didn't feel like we rolled exceptionally well.
>>
>>47564927
When my group played last week, it took us about four rounds to take him down. But we also got the Ogroid and his henchmen in room three, so we weren't exactly geared to fight, so maybe that was the difference.
>>
>>47564621
Thanks! Will keep my eyes peeled!
>>
>>47565002
That's true. So the couple of times we managed to play this weekend the Warpriest seems like MVP the one run we did without pocket heals we got wrecked in Chamon

On a side note anyone want me to shoop up some of the app hero cards? I can make about 3 real quick maybe 4 if people post art with their request

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dkW9LGPn62Tvecl-ulz2U5aqSvyu-7XtGe9WWhNBIV0/edit#gid=0
>>
>>47565002
first game i played we got the ogeroid as a 2 man and killed him in two rounds as the chieftain and doomseeker
>>
>>47564711
>discontinued
wat
How do they expect people to use it in AoS then?
>>
>>47565680
They don't?

Minis get discontinued all the time. They will continue to provide rules for discontinued minis so they don't become desk ornaments. It is even rumored the general's compendium will hold points for discontinued minis. Pretty much everything that was in the legacy warscrolls compendiums.
>>
>>47565680
It is a recently discontinued mini. Otherwise, the legacy rules were simply made for people to use stuff they already had.
>>
Can someone recommend a good dwarf setup for a beginner?
>>
>>47568933
Get a warden king and a runelord

Then buy the irondrake/ironbreaker kit, and the longbeard/hammerers kit.

Make 5 irondrakes, 5 ironbreakers, and 10 hammerers.

That should be a pretty good starter that can handle a fair amount of situations for small armies and encounters.
>>
>>47568984
Thank you! when you say a kit; do you just mean the items listed on the website? Totally new to this stuff.
So, buying a specific set has the potential to get several different types of soldiers, or?

Also, I found a good listing for Thorgrim-- probably won't exceed 50-60$ in purchase price, if that. Would you say he's worth it?
>>
>>47569004
50-60$ is about what i would expect for thorgrim.

Most GW plastic kits are multipart kits, meaning you can make different units from the same kit.

So the ironbreakers kit can make 10 irondrakes, or 10 ironbreakers, or 5 of each, or whatever. Same goes for the hammerers/longbeards kit. But longbeards only come in units of 10 in the rules, so there's that.
>>
>>47569056
Then after that get another ironbreaker/irondrake kit, and make 5 more of each. This brings your 'drakes and 'breakers to 10 each, which is a super killy range unit with a super tanky melee unit. Hammerers are who you bring in to pile on the hurt.

Then if you want to broaden it some more, get a cogsmith and a couple duardin cannons. Make one into a organ gun and the other into a cannon. It will hurt so good.
>>
>>47568984
>armies consisting entirely of elite units, characters and monsters

and then AoS fans keep saying that they can finally play fluff armies
>>
Can anyone recommend a good starting force for Dark Aelfs? Would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>47569685

I have 60 HW/S Warriors, 100 GW Warriors, 20 Thunderers and 35 Quarrellers/Rangers, and I still use them all the time in AoS. Not everyone who plays uses just elite units.
>>
>>47569685
My fluffy ideas are:
Celtic skeletide - grave guards, wight kings, necromancer, liche priest, necrotect, maybe some chariots and piles upon piles of skelebros with spears and bows.
Crimson Shades mercenary company - Alith Anar, Shadow warriors, converted mages, reavers and skyboats, a fast-moving shooty army with a fighty anvil/core of PGs/executioners.
>>
So I just got the Sigmar starter, taking the Sigmarines as my main dudes.

Was thinking of getting the Lizardmen start collecting once I've got these painted up and having the two together as my army like two little strike forces. Would that be okay or would the lack of any other synergy stuff make it weak?
>>
>>47570621
Would probably work, as both forces are capable and solid on their own, so lack of cross-army synergy isn't so bad. But getting some more heroes to buff the two parts individually isn't a bad idea. My best guess from the start is to use them as two batallions - the one from the starter box and the SC box to gain more bonuses - if the starter set gives one that is, I'm not sure.
>>
>>47546755
Is there pdf yet of all the app done like template
>>
>>47546962
Fine, have fun with 200 giant rats coming at you
>>
>>47570752
Starter Siggy force gets +1 bravery when in 6" of another unit and can transport in on any movement phase anywhere at least 9" away from an enemy.
>>
Where the fuck are my new Sylvaneth models!?
>>
>>47570948
Right, the Thunderstrike Brotherhood. Thanks, anon.
>>
I've been planning on buying a Doombull from the Warherd army, but it comes with a square base and I do not know what size I should use for a round base
>>
>>47571922
Just use something that looks right. Bases are largely irrelevant.
>>47569697
That's really dependent on what style you want. Pirates? Murder-witches? Cavalry! Ninjas?
>>
>>47569685
Technically, that would be a fluffy army if you themed it around fighting in the underpass.
>>
>>47571922
Start with the smallest round base with a diameter larger than the sides of the square base.
>>
File: GW bases.jpg (192 KB, 1086x1544) Image search: [Google]
GW bases.jpg
192 KB, 1086x1544
>>47571922
Does this help at all?
>>
>>47569685
>and then AoS fans keep saying that they can finally play fluff armies
I play a full chariot force. It's actually pretty stronk
>>
My ogroid came with a 50 mm base, even though the instructions say 40 mm. How many squares on the silver tower board is he supposed to take up?
>>
>>47563296
>>47564265

The thing with the Gaunt Summoner is that he's meant to be weak in the Hysh trial. If you don't mind me spoiling the final trial for you, read on.

In the final trial, after gathering all the fragments of the amulet, you are tossed into a quite brutal mission where you fight 9 rooms one after the other. Most have the Gaunt Summoner and either souped-up additional enemies or special handicaps for you. The second to last has you fighting an Ogroid who acts twice and the last one is only the Gaunt Summoner but he teleports away and summons Kairic Acolytes whenever you hit him.

So trust me, in the trial where you actually fight the guy to the bitter end, he's most definitely not a pushover.
>>
>>47573549
Theoretically one, just as the Knight-Venator. No, the 50mm base doesn't actually fit, but it's supposed to work out. I mean, just discuss with the other players where the models really are and it's fine.
>>
Has there been any word on if there is going to be more of the 'Getting Started!' boxsets??

I've been looking to get into AoS but have been waiting for a daemons of tzeentch set. As I'm a painter/modeller first, gamer second, I love the models and theme/lore behind them the most.

But if there isn't going to be/no one has heard of such a thing, anyone have and ideas to 'DIY' a equivalent one?? A couple of my friends have got some of the other boxsets and I'd like to play with them once everyone is ready, but I don't want to bring something thats too over powered, as I heard that they were kind of balanced out against each other.
>>
>>47573807
Flamers and exalted flamers are pretty strong. Generally the start collecting come with a big centerpiece model, a unit of infantry and some kind of cavalry or something. A nice starting point IMO would be a Herald on Burning Chariot, Unit of Pink Horrors and Unit of Flamers.
>>
Am I missing something or are chaos dwarves just straight awful? No good command abilities, medicore infantry, mediocre shooting, mediocre magic, 0 ways to actually buff infantry outside of "mystic shield lol".

I loved them in 8th because they were "small slow chaos warriors" and their warmachines and kadaii were insane. Why are they so awful now?
>>
>>47573899
Yes, the chaos dorfs themselves are generally agreed to be utterly awful. Most people just use regular Dispossesed warscrolls for them; Fireglaives->Irondrakes, Ironsworn->Ironbreakers and so on. Just replace their keywords afterwards and you're good.
Warmachines and monsters/monstrous infantry is perfectly solid, though.
>>
Age of Smegmar
>>
>>47573899
just deploy more of them. that's AoS balance
>>
So I recently started playing aos, and I have an old high elf prince on a dragon model that was mostly paperweight because i never had enough points to field him in whfb. Now I'm running it and it's so fun that I'm thinking about buying two more and giving that "dragon host" batallion a chance. That's a lot of shekels though, so does anyone have any expirience with it? Is it any good?
>>
>>47573977
That sucks. I sold all my warmachines a few years ago so all I have are like 40 sword and board plus 10 fireglave guys. My group really frowns upon proxying so am I just SOL then? I don't really like to rely on warmachines anyways since their damage is so inconsistant in AoS.
>>
Adorable beetle!
>>
>>47575508

Spite Revenants.
>>
>>47575578
Fuck...
>>
>>47575508
Unf, that beetle
>>
File: image.jpg (323 KB, 658x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323 KB, 658x1200
>>
>>47574995
Didn't chaos stunies place pretty high at scgt?
>>
>>47574995
They're drofs in heavy armor, I'd say that's a totally fine replacement. Just talk to your group about it.
And show them the Fireglaive warscroll. Those are so shit, I doubt anyone would begrudge you anything at that point.
>>
>>47575508
>>47575791
Well, fuck me. I cannot wait for that mini.
She seems to be about half a 'thirster tall, which would make her roughly megaboss-sized without the beetle.
>>
>>47575679
>Spooky faces
>Creepy tree claws
>Tits
This is all very confusing.
>>
>>47574580
oh look, it's that bullshit argument again.

>>47574765
IF you want to be That Guy that fields 3 Dragons, sure you can.
>>
>>47575917
>That Guy
>fields 3 Dragons

Depend on your opponent force and battleplan.
>>
>>47575912
>tfw stocking up on female heads for conversions when these come out

>>47573807
I hope so, getting started tournies are fun as fuck and I want a small treeman army.

>tfw it will be crap like dorfs and more skeletons
>>
File: 1330202942239.jpg (58 KB, 358x335) Image search: [Google]
1330202942239.jpg
58 KB, 358x335
>>47575791

>dem divine feet
>>
I've heard rumors that Slaanesh is being rescued by Sigmar.

Any proofs?
>>
>>47576513
nope
>>
Is the silver tower thing any good?
From what I have seen, it looks pretty fun.
>>
>>47576565
It is. Even AoS haters are grudgingly admitting it's a fun game.
>>
>>47575791
dem thighs
>>
>>47576565
I've heard nothing but good things from it. There are some in depth reviews about online if you want to have a look.

Maybe if you go to your local GW or FLGS you might be able to talk to people in person or maybe get a play test.
>>
So, as someone who hasn't played this yet, or any tabletop for that matter, how do I avoid being "that guy"?
>>
>>47576895
dont play nagash or archaon

every other model is reasonably powerful in its own way, but those two are in a league of their own
>>
>>47576895
dont play multiples of the same monster. the biggest assholes at my FLGS use 2+ Bastiladon or 2+ Thundertusk or multiple Mortarchs... I hate playing against them
>>
>>47576631
no its shit, because it doesn't have points :^)
>>
>>47577103
>don't play nagash
Damn. I wanted a death themed army with him in, since I'm a mortician. Ah well
>>
>>47577103
another guy here, fuck I wanted to buy and play Nagash eventually.
wat do?
>>
>>47577127
There are plenty of other choices you can use for Death Wizards, Nagash is just... too powerful

The only people that ever play against Nagash will try some cheese tactic to kill him instantly, like 3+ Thundertusks or Brotherhood of the Great Bolts or deep striking 6 Ripperdactyls with a Blot Toad using the Shadowstrike Starhost.

Nagash can be countered but it's never fun to play a game with Nagash because he is overpowered as fuck
>>
>>47577154
Do so, but talk with your opponent beforehand. Fighting Nagash is basically a scenario in and on itself. It can be done, but it requires a lot of effort, prayers and gritted teeth.
>>
>>47575508
Where is this picture from? A new White Dwarf?
>>
>>47576631
>grudgingly
How does that even happen outside of projections?
>>
>>47550039

>It's kinda like D&D storytelling

This is kind of a funny description considering how RPG like both the early iterations of both Fantasy and 40k were. You even needed or could have a GM in Rogue Trader.

>>47550661

It's not a Fantasy style wargame, but in terms of mechanics its akin to 40k, Warmachine, Hordes, Infinity, Malifaux, etc.

>>47575679

Will be kind of funny to see people try to shitpost about GW, Slaanesh, and sex when there is a piece of art of a humanoid with breasts. No way you can try and argue it's male either.

>>47576485

They're draw kind of nice, good pose on the left foot and exquisite arch on the right. Not a bad set of legs either. Suppose it's somewhat fitting since the 8th Edition art and model for Alarielle showed off a bit in the foot department. Speaking of, it's kind of nice how this is seemingly a different take on her old look.
>>
Hey small question about Age of Sigmar.
Now that they have released the 4 battle tomes, does it mean that they won't release anything new for age of sigmar in a long time?
>>
>>47577127
I got a question about you morticians. You bang the dead bodies? I mean, I don't give a shit. If I was dead you could bang me all you want. I mean, who cares? A dead body is like a piece of trash. I mean, shove as much shit in there as you want. Fill me up with cream, make a stew out of my ass.
>>
>>47577417
new sylvaneth are already on their way, so...
I think it was more something for people who wanted all the old models warcsroll in one place.
>>
>>47577463
Not sure if a serious question, but no, usually we don't. Can't speak for everyone though.
>>
>>47577471
OK THANKS MAN
>>
>>47577417
Are you talking about the Grand Alliance books? Those are just warscroll collections.

Lots of new content is on the way.
>>
>>47577471
They're also cheap. So if a new book comes out with all the new stuff, in like a year or two, it's not as big an investment, as per say a codex.
>>
File: frank intervention.gif (2 MB, 195x176) Image search: [Google]
frank intervention.gif
2 MB, 195x176
>>47577463
>>
>>47577503
>>47577497
>>47577417
Im my store the owner "bough" one for each grand alliance so everyone can use them if they forget to bring their printed warscroll. Easier and faster than to navigate trought the web every time.
>>
>>47577120
Can't tell if this is regular shitposting, advanced shitposting, ironic shitposting or post-ironic avant-garde shitposting
>>
>>47577157
That reminds me, don't think the faq clarified that. When someone told me to think up a Nagash-counter, my first response was

>deploy Verminlord Deceiver far enough from Nagash that Nagash can't unbind
>Skitterleap
>Doomstar
>charge
>attack Nagash in melee
>before Nagash can strike back, I reveal that a Skaven Assassin was hiding in the Deceiver's pocket
>attack with Assassin
>Nagash likely dead or very close

Can I do this? I mean, it says he has to hide in a "unit" but effectively everything that moves on its own is a "unit". And unlike Nasty Skulkers, the Skaven Assassin doesn't limit you to a unit of at least 5 models.
Am I misreading things?
>>
>>47578059

Sounds legit with the current state of all the rules text.
>>
>>47578059
Turns out the entire Deciever was actually made up of Assassins. Eshin-ception.
>>
>>47575791
GIANT
ELF
THIGHS
>>
>>47576513
It was revealed at the recent manager meeting that Slaanesh isn't dead, but no circumstances on how/if it's coming back.
>>
>>47578412

Amen brother
>>
>>47575791
Is a thundertights model coming soon..?
>>
>>47575791
Man, that headdress leaves me really cold, I had hoped for some wild 80s hair or a enormous ponytail or something along those lines.
The rest looks aces, though. Really stoked for that release.
>>
File: 1416739609812.jpg (46 KB, 340x503) Image search: [Google]
1416739609812.jpg
46 KB, 340x503
>>47579177

I wasn't crazy about either at first but now I'm kind of coming around to it.

I'm guessing they maybe wanted to make this aspect look different from the ruler one which has more of a mask and the huge ponytail.
>>
>>47545070
>>47575508
>>47575679
>>47575791

WTF ist happening to Warhamms artwork? I only drop in once in a while to check for new minis and almost every time the thread is full of wierd artwork which I can't clearly identify as official or some just deviant art project gone wrong.

This
>>47555322
is ok though.
>>
File: 1464645514863.png (7 MB, 1538x2000) Image search: [Google]
1464645514863.png
7 MB, 1538x2000
>>47580689
The art is really hit or miss in AOS.
>>
>>47580689

It's a combination of them using freelancers and probably publishing books at a faster rate than they've ever done before.

The people who are really good are going to be getting lots of offers and probably from people with more money to fork over than GW.
>>
>>47569056
You can also pick up 10 extra torsos for the hammer/longbeards or the ironbreaker/irondrakes

There should be enough left over parts to make 10 of each from one box if you can get a hold of the torsos seperatley
>>
>>47581867
Definitely. I actually was able to do it with regular dwarf warriors. I had way too many warriors for AoS (one of the things about having an 8th edition army), so when I got my box of irondrakes/breakers, I made 10 irondrakes, and all the ironbreaker bits I put on stripped down warrior bodies (luckily when I built all my warriors back in the day i used superglue). It works well enough for me.
>>
>>47581966
Ya! I'm looking to pick up 1 of each box and get some more guys going. Any links on where to pick up some extra torsos in canada? Grabbed em off ebay last time and they're gone now :(
>>
>>47582313
Unfortunately for the above reasons, torsos are usually the first go on bits resellers. People figured out long ago you could stretch kits farther by buying additional torsos. That is why I had to use old warrior models. I stripped off the arms, cut off the beards and heads, and the ironbreaker bits fit fine on them.
>>
>>47578059
>>attack Nagash in melee
>>before Nagash can strike back, I reveal that a Skaven Assassin was hiding in the Deceiver's pocket
>>attack with Assassin

It doesn't work, assassin ability said that, you must reveal him at the start of combat phase that pile in and attack, RAW, Nagash can fight back at this moment.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.